Page 1 from 2
Total results: 1194
- The illegitimate child of an unmarried woman and a married man.
- In the midst of flying.
- A homiletic and non-legalistic exegetical text in the classical rabbinic literature of Judaism, particularly as recorded in the Talmud and Midrash. A parable that demonstrates a point of the Law in the Talmud.
- Text which is recited at Seder during the first and second nights of Passover, focused on the freeing of Israel from Egyptian bondage as described in the Book of Exodus. (See also the more modern Haggadah)
- The sayings of Jesus found in various ancient texts but not in the four Gospels.
- From high, from a high point.
- At full length; lengthwise.
- the national parliament of Iceland
- A register or form of English that gives preference to words of Germanic origin over words of other (especially Latin, French, or Greek) origin.
- Of, in, or pertaining to this form of English.
- Extreme pain, either of body or mind; excruciating distress.
- To suffer pain.
- To cause to suffer pain.
- In the night time; at night.
- The condition of difficulty in swallowing.
- The arched part of a structure.
- hogging, opposed to sagging
- The capital of, and largest city in Iraq, situated in the center of the country on the Tigris river; an ancient city and historical center of the Muslim world.
- A city of Afghanistan, name of Baghlan Province
- A type of laundry in which the washing was returned to the customer in a bag, undried and unpressed.
- An instance of bashing; a physical attack.
- Designed for use whilst bathing.
- The act of taking a bath.
- One of an association of religious laymen living in semimonastic communities in imitation of the Beguines, and influenced by Albigensian teachings and by the
- To hedge about; surround with or as with a hedge.
- To determine the boundary or limit of; define.
- To surround; beset; plague; hinder.
- To straiten; restrict; constrain; limit.
- To vow, promise (someone).
- To be designated.
- To give in trust; to commit; to entrust.
- To mean, or intend.
- To consider or esteem to be; to declare to be.
- To call; to name; to address.
- To command; to order.
- To light up; illuminate.
- To become lit up; shine up; dawn.
- To overtake with night.
- To be caught out by oncoming night before reaching one's destination
- To darken
- Either of two North American species of sheep, Ovis canadensis and Ovis dalli, having large, curving horns.
- Having (a specified kind of) boughs.
- Relating to a burgh or borough.
- A type of bearing, a cylindrical lining designed to reduce friction and wear inside a hole, often used as a casing for a shaft, pin or hinge.
- An elastic bearing used as a type of vibration isolator, commonly made of rubber. An interface between two parts, damping the movement and the energy transmitted.
- A threaded bushing, is a fastener element that is inserted into an object, usually to add a threaded hole in a softer or thin material.
- A lining for an opening through which a conductor passes, providing insulation and mechanical protection for the conductor.
- An adapter for joining pipes of different size.
- The act by which something is chafed.
- An inflammatory nodule at the bite site of the reduviid bug which transmits Chagas disease.
- Distress of mind caused by a failure of aims or plans, want of appreciation, mistakes etc; vexation or mortification.
- A type of leather or skin with a rough surface. Online
- To bother or vex; to mortify.
- To be vexed or annoyed.
- Someone or something who changes things.
- Someone or something that changes or transforms itself.
- A device that charges or recharges.
- A large horse trained for battle and used by the cavalry. They were of a lighter build than a destrier
- A large platter.
- A large decorative plate, sometimes used under dinner plates or other savoury-dish vessels in a multi-course meal; also service plate or underplate
- One who charges.
- A speedloader that holds several cartridges together in a single unit for easier loading of a firearm's magazine.
- A rectal concealment container for prohibited material such as money, drugs and tools.
- Engraved or embossed decoration.
- participle of, i.e. nonstandard variant of chewing.
- an unincorporated CDP in McHenry County, Illinois, USA.
- a town in Chemung County, New York, USA, named after the Chemung River.
- an unincorporated community in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, USA.
- a river in New York State.
- A capitation tax; an equal tax or tribute per person.
- The consumption of (the juice from) the khat plant.
- A chigoe (Tunga penetrans), a kind of flea found in tropical climates.
- A harvest mite, a very small, red mite endemic to the Midwestern and Southeastern US, the infestation of which causes intense itching.
- An East Asian person who behaves in ways similar to a stereotypical urban African American.
- A roll or twist of hair worn at the nape of the neck; a bun.
- A temporary swelling on a neonate's head after a ventouse-assisted delivery.
- An instance of chiming; a sound that chimes.
- The process in which a person's airway becomes blocked, resulting in asphyxia in cases that are not treated promptly.
- The act of coughing when a foreign object (i.e. food, beverages) becomes lodged in a person's airway.
- A street fundraiser, especially a private contractor, working on behalf of a charity, who is aggressive or invasive.
- Spirited, audacious and full of high spirits.
- Chic, fashionable.
- The action of the verb to dash.
- Joy; pleasure.
- Something that gives great joy or pleasure.
- To give delight to; to affect with great pleasure; to please highly.
- To have or take great pleasure.
- A small boat resembling a gondola that is common in Malta.
- a small city in Kansas, USA
- a town in Massachusetts, USA.
- A member with two vertical channels or grooves, without the two lateral half grooves which characterize the triglyph.
- Shaped like a dish; concave.
- A dish shape or deformation; a concavity.
- A piece of cloth used for washing dishes.
- An unclean person;
- Any of various small sharks
- especially those from the family Squalidae
- a catshark, any shark from family Scyliorhinidae
- a kitefin shark, any shark from family Dalatiidae
- Scyliorhinus canicula or Scyliorhinus stellaris
- Scyliorhinus canicula
- Squalus acanthias, or
- The bowfin, Amia calva.
- currish, resembling a mongrel dog, notably in his worst qualities
- stylish in a showy way
- That part of a matchlock or flintlock gun or rifle that holds the burning fuse or flint and applies it to the gunpowder.
- A mythical creature with a human body and a dog's head.
- A place fit only for dogs; a vile, mean habitation or apartment.
- The state or characteristic of being a dog.
- The period of time of being a dog.
- The character or individuality of a dog.
- Brave; bold; courageous; valiant; intrepid; stouthearted; fearless.
- Hardy; strenuous; dauntless; resolute.
- in its various senses.
- A checker: a game piece used in the game of draughts.
- Ale: a type of beer brewed using top-fermenting yeast.
- A mild vesicatory.
- An outhouse: an outbuilding used as a lavatory.
- Any picture or drawing.
- A sudden attack upon an enemy.
- A small craft for transporting goods to or from shore.
- A period of unusually low rainfall, longer and more severe than a dry spell.
- A longer than expected term without success, particularly in sport.
- The act of something that echoes.
- A bald person, especially a man.
- An intellectual.
- fixed; settled; fastened
- To surround as if with a hedge.
- The art of producing an image from a metal plate into which an image or text has been etched with acid.
- The image created by this process.
- A person who fights; a combatant.
- A warrior; fighting soldier.
- A pugnacious, competitive person.
- A person with a strong determination to resist protracted or severe adversity, especially illness.
- A class of fixed-wing aircraft whose primary purpose is that of shooting down other aircraft. Some of these (Fighter-Attack or Attack aircraft) also have a secondary purpose of attacking ground targets.
- A boxer or participant in any martial art.
- A firefighter
- A game with a focus on physical combat.
- The act of catching fish.
- The act of catching other forms of seafood, separately or together with fish.
- Commercial fishing: the business or industry of catching fish and other seafood for sale.
- A fishery, a place for catching fish.
- Given to unplanned and silly ideas or actions.
- (of a bird) that flies easily, or a lot
- Characteristic of a fogy
- To go forth; proceed.
- The hire of a ship or boat to transport cargo.
- Money paid to hire a ship or boat to transport cargo; freight
- The transportation of goods, especially in a ship or boat.
- A ship's cargo, lading or freight.
- A load; a burden.
- Two bucketfuls (of water).
- To load (a ship, cargo etc.).
- Furnished, equipped.
- Loaded up, charged or accompanied.
- Distressed or causing distress, for example through complexity.
- Payment for transportation.
- Goods or items in transport.
- Transport of goods.
- Cultural or emotional associations.
- To transport (goods).
- To load with freight. Also figurative.
- Inclined to gad, or move from place to place frivolously.
- A rare mineral ZnAl2O4 in the spinel group.
- In Arthurian legend a knight who achieves the Holy Grail.
- name in occasional use since the 19th century.
- A village in Alberta, Canada.
- A clog or patten.
- Hence, an overshoe worn in wet weather.
- A gaiter, or legging, covering the upper part of the shoe and part of the leg.
- To move heavily and clumsily.
- A Hindu god of intellect, wisdom, gates and beginnings, son of Parvati and Shiva.
- name used in India.
- The psychedelic drug 2,5-dimethoxy-3,4-dimethylamphetamine.
- Any fish of the needlefish family Belonidae, with a long narrow body and needle-shaped jaws, especially the European species Belone belone.
- Any North or Central American fish of the family .
- To decorate with ornaments; to adorn; to embellish.
- To ornament with something placed around it.
- To furnish; to supply.
- To fit with fetters; to fetter
- To warn by garnishment; to give notice to; to garnishee.
- A set of dishes, often pewter, containing a dozen pieces of several types.
- Pewter vessels in general.
- Something added for embellishment; decoration; ornament; also, dress; garments, especially when showy or decorated.
- Something set round or upon a dish as an embellishment.
- A fee; specifically, in English jails, formerly an unauthorized fee demanded from a newcomer by the older prisoners.
- Full of gashes; hideous; frightful.
- The act of making a gash, or cut.
- The roughing operation for worm gears.
- gasoline mixed with ethyl alcohol
- Of or pertaining to Gaul.
- Of or pertaining to the Celtic tribes speaking Gaulish languages.
- The Celtic language that was spoken in Gaul, long extinct.
- Intelligent, perceptive.
- Gullah (South Carolina island language and culture)
- Gullah (member of South Carolina island culture)
- Gullah (pertaining to South Carolina island culture)
- A depository where sacred Hebrew books or other sacred items that cannot be disposed of are kept before they can be properly buried in a cemetery.
- The eldest of the sons of Levi, and the patriarchal founder of the Gershonites.
- A guard of a temple or tomb, especially in Egypt and Palestine.
- Like a ghost in appearance; death-like; pale; pallid; dismal.
- Horrifyingly shocking.
- Extremely bad.
- In a ghastly manner.
- A group of Egyptian dancing girls of the Nawari people, whose suggestive dancing was seen as improper.
- A low-cut type of shoe with decorative lacing.
- (of an article or published opinion) written under the name of another person; ghostwritten
- A ghosthunter; a paranormal investigator.
- Of or pertaining to ghosts or spirits.
- Spooky; frightening.
- Relating to the soul; not carnal or secular; spiritual.
- contract bridge in which only goulash hands are played (usually used in the plural)
- A cotton fabric made from dyed and white yarn woven in checks
- Like (that of) a girl; feminine.
- Of or relating to girlhood.
- Of a sizeable girth; portly.
- A town in South Dakota, US.
- Prone to glitches.
- Characteristic of glitch or error.
- a form of small, detachable, irritant spine occurring in dense clusters in the areoles of certain cacti such as prickly pear. Typically glochids are short, straight, and microscopically barbed. When stuck into the skin of anyone touching the plant, they detach and remain in the skin when the victim moves away.
- Carved, sculpted.
- Pertaining to glyphs.
- A glyph.
- Relating to the jaw.
- Of or pertaining to the jaw.
- Italian pasta-like dumplings made of potato or semolina.
- resembling a gnome; gnomelike
- Goaty, goatlike.
- The state of being a god; divinity
- The condition of being a god; divinity, definition
- Somewhat gold in colour
- a city in Goodhue County, Minnesota, USA.
- Rather good than the contrary; not actually bad; tolerable.
- Considerable; goodly.
- Like a goose; somewhat gooselike.
- Any of several birds of prey, principally in the genus, Accipiter.
- A stew of beef or veal and vegetables, flavoured with paprika.
- A style of play in which the cards are not thoroughly shuffled between consecutive deals, so as to make the suits less evenly distributed between the players.
- The person who reads the sacred scripture at a Sikh religious ceremony.
- drawn, pictorial
- vivid, descriptive, often in relation to depictions of sex or violence
- A drawing or picture.
- A computer-generated image as viewed on a screen forming part of a game or a film etc.
- The state or quality of being green; verdure.
- An English habitational surname from a place in Norfolk whose name means grassy homestead.
- Irritable; easily upset; angry; tending to complain.
- Inclined to growth; growing healthily or rapidly.
- Foolish, credulous, simple-minded.
- A sneaker or rubber overshoe.
- A detective.
- To act as a detective.
- A ship equipped with heavy artillery.
- An armed helicopter tasked to attack the enemy.
- A transport airplane equipped with large calibre guns typical of armoured fighting vehicles
- A shop where guns are sold.
- The act of discharging a firearm.
- The sound made by a discharging firearm.
- The distance to which shot can be thrown from a gun; the reach or range of a gun.
- A bullet, projectile, or other shot fired from a gun.
- Flowing forth suddenly or violently.
- Inclined to gush; effusive.
- The act or motion of something that gushes.
- a city in Oklahoma, USA
- a small town and CDP in Texas, USA
- The old language of the island of Gotland in present day Sweden, used both as a spoken and written language until late medieval times. Modern Gutnish is considered to have become a dialect of Swedish.
- A legendary black dog said to haunt lonely roads in northern England and lead people astray.
- A Jewish paramilitary organization in the British Mandate of Palestine (1921–48), which became the core of the (IDF).
- Born of a hag or witch.
- Any of several primitive eellike fish, of the family Myxinidae, having a sucking mouth with rasping teeth, and sometimes used as food or for eelskin leather.
- Looking exhausted, worried, or poor in condition
- Wild or untamed
- A stackyard, an enclosure on a farm for stacking grain, hay, etc.
- A hunting bird captured as an adult.
- A young or untrained hawk or falcon.
- A fierce, intractable creature.
- A hag.
- A person who haggles.
- A sacrificial offering at one of the three pilgrimage festivals: Passover, Shavuot (Pentecost), and Sukkot (Tabernacles).
- The tractate from the Talmud that deals with these offerings.
- Resembling a hag or some aspect of one; hideous, cronelike.
- To harass or torment with dread or nightmares.
- The offspring of a hag
- The state or condition of a hag, an ugly woman.
- The act by which somebody is hailed.
- A fee or toll paid for goods sold in a hall.
- Prone to pauses or breaks; hesitant; broken.
- The action of one who halts; a stopping or hesitancy.
- The act or practice of working with salt.
- The process or instance of dividing in half.
- A city/village in North Dakota.
- One of the component states of Germany according to the current administrative division of the nation.
- A city in Germany.
- A city in Arkansas, USA
- A Hamburg chicken.
- The provincial capital of South Hamgyong in North Korea, the country's 2nd-largest city and 3rd-largest port.
- A small bag used by women (or sometimes by men) for carrying various small personal items.
- An anthemic subgenre of house music of the late 1980s, often with booming vocals.
- Figuratively, to hit with a handbag; to attack verbally or subject to criticism (used originally of Margaret Thatcher).
- A small gun with a relatively short barrel, designed to be held and operated with a single hand.
- The act by which something is handed to somebody.
- Unprotected and exposed to capture.
- Hittable; poorly executed by the pitcher hence relatively easy to hit.
- ugly; very unattractive
- The act of hanging a person (or oneself) by the neck in order to execute that person (or to commit suicide).
- A public event at which a person is hanged.
- Anything that is hung as a decorative element (such as curtains, gobelins or posters).
- The way in which hangings (decorations) are arranged.
- An executioner responsible for hanging criminals.
- A guessing game where one has to guess the word an opponent is thinking of by guessing one letter at a time, and involving the gradual drawing of a stick figure hanging from the gallows.
- A small information tag attached to clothing.
- The act of harking back; a reversion or return.
- To harass; to plunder from.
- A social, non-competitive sport in which participants of a hash run use clues to follow a hash trail.
- The manufacture of hats.
- Fabric used in making hats.
- Conveying in demeanour the assumption of superiority; disdainful, supercilious.
- The act of hauling.
- The business of transporting goods.
- Grass (often cut longer than for silage) partially dried and ensiled to exclude air, or plastic-wrapped in large bales.
- The title or topic of a document, article, chapter, or of a section thereof.
- The direction into which a seagoing or airborne vessel's bow is pointing (apparent heading) and/or the direction into which it is actually moving relative to the ground (true heading)
- Material for the heads of casks, barrels, etc.
- A gallery, drift, or adit in a mine; also, the end of a drift or gallery; the vein above a drift.
- The extension of a line ruffling above the line of stitch.
- The end of a stone or brick which is presented outward.
- The process where the cells in the body regenerate and repair themselves.
- An act of healing, as by a faith healer.
- The psychological process of dealing with a problem or problems.
- Able to hear.
- The sense used to perceive sound.
- The act by which something is heard.
- A proceeding at which discussions are heard.
- A legal procedure done before a judge, without a jury, as with an evidentiary hearing.
- A system that raises the temperature of a room or building. Compare heater.
- The act of making something hot.
- Causing heat.
- Crowded with people.
- An occasion on which something heaves or is heaved.
- The act of one who hedges (in various senses).
- A dominating leader, or force.
- The head of a monastery of the Eastern Orthodox Church or Eastern Catholic Churches.
- A portion or serving, especially of food that one takes for oneself, or to which one helps oneself.
- An amount or quantity
- Herbs collectively.
- Herbaceous plant growth, especially grass.
- The fleshy, often edible, parts of plants.
- The natural pasture of a land, considered as distinct from the land itself; hence, right of pasture (on another man's land).
- The young of the sea trout.
- Contempt; mockery; scorn.
- from County Sligo.
- A person who trades in dairy, poultry, and small game animals.
- A person who haggles or negotiates for lower prices.
- A tall chest of drawers raised up on high legs.
- One who enjoys the high life.
- A political highflier.
- A man of rank, especially a high rank; a superior.
- A loaded die that yields high numbers.
- A main, direct public road, especially a multi-lane, high speed thoroughfare connecting major population centers.
- Any public road for vehicular traffic.
- The act or process of heaping or drawing earth around plants.
- The caudal part of the alimentary canal of an embryo, including the colon and the rectum
- A town in Massachusetts, USA
- The act of giving a hint or suggestion.
- A display adjustment for fonts on digital media, causing letters to be aligned with a rasterized grid.
- A series of hits or blows directed at a person or object.
- The skill of hitting.
- The perpetration of a hoax.
- A sharp steep-sided ridge formed by the erosion of tilting strata
- A hogframe.
- A Viking grave marker taking the form of a recumbent monument, generally with a curved (hogbacked) ridge and outwardly curved sides.
- A shed for pigs; a sty
- an edible species of wrasse, found in the Caribbean.
- Several of the species of
- The pigfish or or other species in genus
- an American freshwater fish, the rockfish, a kind of darter.
- A large, red, spiny-headed, European marine fish (
- A pinfish, ranging from Massachusetts to Texas.
- A grunt,
- Hoggish character or manners; selfishness; greed; beastliness.
- A place where pigs are kept.
- The targeting by men of overweight or obese women for sexual encounters, not due to sexual attraction but for amusement, or to take advantage of low self-esteem.
- Taking up too much of something so others cannot use it.
- Drooping at the ends; arching; in distinction from
- Having the characteristics of a pig
- Having a gluttonous appetite
- A person who looks after pigs; a swineherd.
- The state of being a hog, or pig.
- Resembling a hog or some aspect of one; piglike.
- Having an upturned snout like a pig's.
- A hognose snake.
- Leather tanned from a hog's skin.
- foolish talk or writing; nonsense.
- Any coarse weedy herb.
- An umbelliferous plant, of genus Heracleum, some of them being poisonous.
- Certain plants from the genera Ambrosia, Erigeron, or Heracleum.
- One who pays feudal homage, hence a vassal.
- A sound that honks.
- Having a bad smell.
- The penalized action of using one's stick to restrain an opponent.
- The sound of a hoot, or the occasion of producing this sound.
- The military punishment of placing somebody on the back of another person, or on a wooden horse, etc., to be flogged.
- A person given as a pledge or security for the performance of the conditions of a treaty or stipulations of any kind, on the performance of which the person is to be released.
- Held captive. See hold hostage.
- Running and maintaining a computer system on someone's behalf.
- A battle.
- riding in a high-performance stolen car, especially as a form of display
- A member of an agrarian rebellion that began in 18th-century Ireland, slaughtering the sheep and cattle owned by landlords.
- A fee for keeping goods in a house.
- The activity of enclosing something or providing a residence for someone.
- Residences, collectively.
- A mechanical component's container or covering.
- A cover or cloth for a horse's saddle, as an ornamental or military appendage; a saddlecloth; a horse cloth; in plural, trappings.
- An appendage to the harness or collar of a harness.
- The space taken out of one solid to admit the insertion of part of another, such as the end of one timber in the side of another.
- A niche for a statue.
- That portion of a mast or bowsprit which is beneath the deck or within the vessel.
- A houseline.
- Coregonus oxyrinchus, an allegedly extinct European whitefish in the Salmonidae family.
- The act of inhaling psychoactive inhalants.
- The act of giving a hug.
- Characterised or marked by hugging
- Large and bulky.
- Tall and heavily built.
- A kind of sloping embankment used as a coastal defence.
- The sound of something that hums; a hum.
- A hump or mound.
- Sexual intercourse.
- The act by which something is hurled or thrown.
- An Irish game of ancient Celtic origin. It is played with an ash stick called a hurley (camán in Irish) and a hard leather ball called a sliotar.
- A Cornish street game resembling rugby, played with a silver ball.
- A sensation that hurts.
- The act of one who hushes, or calls for silence.
- The use of a heavy discharge of water to uncover a mineral vein or wash ore.
- A meeting of neighbours or friends to assist in husking maize.
- A platform where candidates in an election give speeches.
- An assembly, especially one of the retainers of a ruler.
- A hovel or slum building in parts of Asia.
- Relating to Hygeia, the goddess of health.
- Relating to health or its preservation; hygienic.
- One skilled in hygiene; a hygienist.
- A found mainly in leaves, extracted as a thick, pale-yellow of a burning taste.
- a discrete, fluid-filled sac that can form on the joints of dogs or other animals in response to repeated pressure.
- Any hypogynous plant.
- Very gradual movement.
- To fight with allies or other members of the same group.
- To box while extremely close to an opponent
- An internal battle; a fight with allies or other members of the same group.
- To complain loudly, to give voice to one's censure or criticism
- To draw in or away; to entice, inveigle.
- A sensation that itches.
- Resembling, or suitable for, a jig, or lively movement.
- Playful; frisky.
- A city in Xinjiang, China.
- Kashgar Prefecture.
- The spiritual process of focusing on one's shared connection with a loved one.
- Something used to tie something or lash it to something.
- (in the form "lashings of"): plenty of
- The act of one who, or that which, lashes; castigation; chastisement.
- Raining heavily.
- One who laughs.
- A variety of the domestic pigeon.
- Having length; long and overextended, especially in time rather than dimension.
- Filled with light; illuminated.
- To alleviate; to reduce the burden of.
- To make light or lighter in weight.
- To make less serious or more cheerful.
- To make brighter or clearer; to illuminate.
- To become light or lighter in weight.
- To become less serious or more cheerful.
- To become brighter or clearer; to brighten.
- To burst forth or dart, as lightning; to shine with, or like, lightning; to flash.
- To emit or disclose in, or as if in, lightning; to flash out, like lightning.
- To descend; to light.
- To illuminate with knowledge; to enlighten.
- One who, or that which, lights.
- A small, reusable handheld device for creating fire, especially for lighting cigarettes.
- A flat-bottomed boat for carrying heavy loads across short distances (especially for canals or for loading or unloading larger boats).
- To transfer cargo or fuel from a ship, lightening it to make its draft less or to make it easier to refloat.
- An officer who commanded a company in Ancient Greece.
- An Indo-Iranian language, spoken primarily in the Bihar state of India.
- Northwest Africa, the region of Africa north of the Sahara and west of the Nile. The lands of the Maghreb are generally considered to be the coastal plains of Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, and western Libya.
- ephedra, when used in traditional Chinese medicine
- The action of soaking malted barley etc., in order to convert starch into sugars as part of the brewing process.
- Preparing tea (in a teapot).
- name, a pseudo-Irish spelling of the Welsh Megan.
- name, a rare modern spelling variant of Megan.
- The act by which something meshes or interlocks.
- hiding; skulking; cowardly
- Mighty; competent; capable; strong; powerful.
- Substantial; weighty; of import.
- Able; able to occur; possible.
- dairy, containing anything derived from milk
- designated for use with dairy products or having been contaminated by dairy products
- An indigenous people of New England who, at the time of European contact, formed a unit with the Pequot, but later became separate.
- The language of this people; Mohegan-Pequot.
- A member of this people.
- Action of the verb to mush (travel with a dog sled).
- A race with a dog team.
- Mischievous; tending to misbehave or act badly (especially of a child).
- Sexually provocative; now in weakened sense, risqué, cheeky.
- Evil, wicked, morally reprehensible.
- Bad, worthless, substandard.
- Dark; clouded
- Overtaken by night; belated
- Someone or something who does something for a certain number of nights
- A woman's nightgown or nightdress for wearing to bed.
- Happening or appearing in the night; night-time; nocturnal.
- Performing, occurring, or taking place every night.
- Used in the night.
- Every night.
- A build of a software program with the latest changes, released every night.
- A short-horned Indian antelope.
- a coward, dastard, wretch
- A session of eating; a feast.
- Not any thing; no thing.
- An absence of anything, including empty space, brightness, darkness, matter, or a vacuum.
- Something trifling, or of no consequence or importance.
- A trivial remark (especially in the term
- A nobody (insignificant person).
- Not at all; in no way.
- Bad; worthless; inferior.
- dry-stone round tower found in
- In, of or pertaining to Ogham.
- Resembling an ogre; cruel and wicked.
- To gush or flow outward.
- A pouring out; an outburst.
- Movement through phases; arrangement of a sequence or cycle.
- Charged with phlegm.
- A septum, especially on the wall of the thorax of an insect
- Ancient kingdom in the west central part of Anatolia, in what is now modern-day Turkey.
- An aircraft motion where the vehicle pitches up and climbs, decreasing speed, and then pitches down and descends, increasing speed.
- Any one of several species of salt-water grunts, called also hogfish.
- Any of several other fishes thought to resemble pigs, including
- A sculpin, family Cottidae
- Fishes in the family
- greedy or gluttonous
- Resembling a pig as being unpleasant or unclean
- A small piece of enclosed land, often by a hedge. Some authorities also indicate that a pightle tends to be associated with a house or messuage.
- Dealing illicit drugs, especially to minors.
- That pushes forward; pressing, driving.
- Aggressively assertive; pushy.
- The act by which something is pushed.
- The capital city of the state of North Carolina in the United States of America.
- Any of several other towns and cities in the United States and some other English-speaking countries.
- a town in Mississippi, USA
- Sir Walter Raleigh, English explorer and soldier
- An English bicycle manufacturer.
- To fit with new hinges.
- to light or kindle anew
- To sight, to see, to look at again.
- To weigh again; to weigh something that has already been weighed.
- Like a rig or romp; wanton; lewd.
- To make right; correct.
- To set right or upright; right.
- In a right manner, correctly, justifiably.
- Unprincipled or unscrupulous.
- Mischievous and playful.
- To make rough.
- To become rough.
- In a rough manner.
- Unevenly; harshly; rudely; severely; austerely.
- Imprecise but close to in quantity or amount; approximately.
- A strip of fabric to be ruched.
- a fine twilled worsted fabric which was used formerly for clothes and curtains and is similar to serge
- The plain strips used to separate the squares of a quilt.
- Having or covered with shaggy hair.
- Unkempt; clothed in rags; ragged.
- Of garments and fabrics: having a rough or long nap.
- Covered with scrub, trees, or rough or shaggy growth.
- Jagged; having a rough, uneven surface.
- Of hair: long; rough; shaggy.
- Extremely tired
- A movement that shakes.
- The activity by which somebody is shamed.
- The action of the verb to shape.
- A method of positive reinforcement of behaviour patterns in operant conditioning.
- A thin, shaved off slice of wood, metal, or other material.
- The action of having a shave.
- A lean-to or temporary shelter.
- Any matter of present concern; thing; or business.
- A vehicle.Take our Word
- The character string "#!" used at the beginning of a computer file to indicate which interpreter can process the commands in the file, chiefly used in Unix and related operating systems.
- A gentile, a non-Jewish male.
- In India, a carriage drawn by animals.
- A noisy party or festivities.
- A small, thin piece of building material, often with one end thicker than the other, for laying in overlapping rows as a covering for the roof or sides of a building.
- A rectangular piece of steel obtained by means of a shingling process involving hammering of puddled steel.
- A small signboard designating a professional office; this may be both a physical signboard or a metaphoric term for a small production company (a production shingle).
- To cover with small, thin pieces of building material, with shingles.
- To cut, as hair, so that the ends are evenly exposed all over the head, like shingles on a roof.
- To hammer and squeeze material in order to expel cinder and impurities from it, as in metallurgy.
- To lash with a shingle.
- A punitive strap such as a belt, as used for severe spanking
- Any paddle used for corporal punishment
- Small, smooth pebbles, as found on a beach.
- Covered with shingle or small pebbles.
- A major school of esoteric Buddhism in Japan.
- Emitting light.
- Reflecting light.
- Having a high polish or sheen.
- Having exceptional merit.
- A bright emission of light; a gleam.
- The act of fitting an animal with horseshoes.
- A thrashing.
- A pungent constituent of ginger, similar in chemical structure to gingerol.
- To shake or rock rapidly.
- An act of shoogling; a shake.
- The act by which somebody is shooed away.
- Temporary bracing used to prevent something, such as a tunnel, trench, or wall, from collapse.
- The act of one who shoves.
- An occasion when something is shown.
- A result, a judgement.
- The utterance of a sigh.
- Not blind.
- Having a particular kind of sight.