Page 2 from 9
Total results: 9183
- Raw seafood cured by marination in an acidic medium such as citrus, vinegar, or other souring agent, found primarily in Latin America.
- Relating to the chaetae.
- an open furnace or forge, in which blooms are heated before being wrought into bars.
- To haggle or barter.
- To talk much and idly; to chatter.
- bargaining; merchandise
- The upper sieve of a cleaning shoe in a combine harvester, where chaff is removed
- The act by which something is chafed.
- An inflammatory nodule at the bite site of the reduviid bug which transmits Chagas disease.
- Distress of mind caused by a failure of aims or plans, want of appreciation, mistakes etc; vexation or mortification.
- A type of leather or skin with a rough surface. Online
- To bother or vex; to mortify.
- To be vexed or annoyed.
- Bound with chains.
- Linked in a chain.
- The first month of the Hindu lunar calendar.
- A Buddhist or Jain shrine including a stupa.
- A disc-like throwing weapon originally from India.
- An old Indian coin.
- One of the two spiral bands which attach the yolk of an egg to the eggshell, suspending it in the white.
- The location where the nucellus attaches to the integuments, opposite the micropyle.
- Any of many small wasps, of the superfamily Chalcidoidea, having parasitic larvae
- An old Scottish dry measure, equal to 16 bolls.
- A large drinking cup, often having a stem and base and used especially for formal occasions and religious ceremonies.
- A traditional bread eaten by Ashkenazi Jews, usually braided for the Sabbath and round for Yom Tov.
- The commandment to separate a portion of bread or bread dough for the cohanim (Numbers 15:17–21); in contemporary practice, the portion is burned until inedible.
- The portion separated in fulfillment of the above.
- Any of several polypeptide hormones that reversibly inhibit mitosis in the tissues that produce them.
- A member of a group of Jewish immigrants to Palestine after 1917 who worked in agriculture or forestry.
- A signal sounded on a drum or trumpet inviting a parley.
- an obtuse-angled relief or cut at an edge added for a finished appearance and to break sharp edges
- to cut off the edge or corner of something; to bevel
- to cut a groove in something; to flute
- An evergreen shrub native to California, in the botanical family Rosaceae
- an evergreen shrub, found in the southwestern United States
- an evergreen shrub native to California,
- A short-horned goat antelope native to mountainous terrain in southern Europe;
- Soft pliable leather originally made from the skin of chamois (nowadays the hides of deer, sheep, and other species of goat are alternatively used).
- The traditional colour of chamois leather.
- An absorbent cloth used for cleaning and polishing, formerly made of chamois leather.
- A type of Asian tree with fragrant blossoms,
- one who champs or bites
- The space around the altar in a church, often enclosed, for use by the clergy and the choir. In medieval cathedrals the chancel was usually enclosed or blocked off from the nave by an altar screen.
- A scheming opportunist.
- Skin lesion, sometimes associated with certain contagious diseases such as syphilis.
- An extract or preparation of opium, used in China and India for smoking.
- Someone or something who changes things.
- Someone or something that changes or transforms itself.
- A flat fragment of sandstone, slate, etc. found in soil.
- A traditional Japanese tea ceremony in which matcha is prepared and presented.
- Any song with French words, but more specifically a classic, lyric-driven French song.
- A religious song.
- One who chants or sings
- A priest who sings in a chantry
- The pipe of a bagpipe on which the melody is played
- The hedge sparrow.
- form of (sailor's song).
- An endowment for the maintenance of a priest to sing a daily mass for the souls of specified people
- A chapel set up for this purpose
- Filled with chaos.
- Extremely disorganized or in disarray.
- Highly sensitive to starting conditions, so that a small change to them may yield a very different outcome.
- Aligned against following/upholding laws and principles- the opposite of lawful.
- A flat, unleavened bread from northern India and Pakistan.
- A hat.
- A cap of maintenance.
- The mass of grape solids that floats on the surface during the fermentation of wine.
- In international law, introductory text appearing in a treaty that broadly defines its principles, objectives, and background.
- A garland or circlet for the head.
- A string of beads, especially when making up five decades of the rosary.
- A moulding in the form of a string of beads; a bead-moulding.
- A small chapel or shrine.
- A bent piece of sheet iron, or a pin with thin plates on its ends, for holding a core in place in the mould.
- A tuft of feathers on a peacock's head.
- A type of footwear used in Pakistan, Mauritius and India, similar to a sandal.
- Dry and flaky due to excessive evaporation of water from its surface.
- One of the main sections into which the text of a book is divided.
- A section of a social or religious body.
- An administrative division of an organization, usually local to a specific area.
- An assembly of monks, or of the prebends and other clergymen connected with a cathedral, conventual, or collegiate church, or of a diocese, usually presided over by the dean.
- A community of canons or canonesses.
- A bishop's council.
- An organized branch of some society or fraternity, such as the Freemasons.
- A meeting of certain organized societies or orders.
- A chapter house.
- A sequence (of events), especially when presumed related and likely to continue.
- A decretal epistle.
- A location or compartment.
- To divide into chapters.
- To put into a chapter.
- To use administrative procedure to remove someone.
- A letter or character.
- A magical symbol.
- A genre of riddles where the clues to the answer are descriptions or puns on its syllables, with a final clue to the whole.
- A single round of the game charades, an acted form of the earlier riddles.
- A play resembling the game charades, particularly due to poor acting.
- A deception or pretense, originally an absurdly obvious one but now in general use.
- A small black spot or mark remaining in the cavity of the corner tooth of a horse after the large spot or mark has become obliterated.
- A very contagious and fatal disease of sheep, horses, and cattle; anthrax.
- A device that charges or recharges.
- A large horse trained for battle and used by the cavalry. They were of a lighter build than a destrier
- A large platter.
- A large decorative plate, sometimes used under dinner plates or other savoury-dish vessels in a multi-course meal; also service plate or underplate
- One who charges.
- A speedloader that holds several cartridges together in a single unit for easier loading of a firearm's magazine.
- A rectal concealment container for prohibited material such as money, drugs and tools.
- In a chary or sad manner.
- a two-wheeled, horse-drawn vehicle, used in Bronze Age and Early Iron Age warfare
- a light four-wheeled carriage used for ceremonial or pleasure purposes
- To convey by, or as if by, chariot.
- A power or authority, generally of a spiritual nature, believed to be a freely given gift by the grace of God.
- A domestic spinning wheel, used mostly for spinning cotton
- Bewitched; under a magic spell (cast by a charm).
- impressed by the pleasantness of something
- Having nonzero charm.
- A charming person; one who charms or seduces; a smoothie.
- An enchanter or magician.
- A chapel attached to a mortuary.
- A repository for dead bodies.
- Of or relating to a charnel, deathlike, sepulchral.
- Straight threads obtained by unraveling old linen cloth, used for surgical dressings.
- A traditional bedstead in India, consisting of a wooden frame bordering a set of knotted ropes.
- Burnt, carbonized.
- Engraved or embossed decoration.
- Of or like a chasm.
- Having gaps or a chasm.
- A town in Saint Lucia
- To punish (in order to bring about improvement in behavior, attitude, etc.); to restrain, moderate
- To make chaste; to purify.
- To punish or reprimand for the sake of improvement; to discipline.
- To render humble or restrained.
- A port and town on the Medway river in Kent, England; the home of the Royal dockyard.
- Any of several other places of the same name:
- a town in Virginia, USA
- An English habitational surname from the place name.
- A member of an indigenous people of southern central Mexico.
- Their indigenous Mesoamerican language.
- Tangible, movable property.
- A slave.
- Talk, especially meaningless or unimportant talk.
- The sound of talking.
- The sound made by a magpie.
- An intermittent noise, as from vibration.
- In national security, the degree of communication between suspect groups and individuals, used to gauge the degree of expected terrorist activity.
- To talk idly.
- Of teeth, machinery, etc, to make a noise by rapid collisions.
- To utter sounds which somewhat resemble language, but are inarticulate and indistinct.
- one who chats
- a user of chat rooms
- notably borne by a 14th century English author, best remembered for The Canterbury Tales.
- in the manner of or typical of a chav.
- participle of, i.e. nonstandard variant of chewing.
- A market town in Staffordshire, England.
- A village in Stockport borough, Greater Manchester, England.
- A hamlet in Alberta, Canada.
- to decrease the value of; to make cheap
- to make vulgar
- to become cheaper
- to bargain for, ask the price of.
- Cheap; inferior.
- An item which is inexpensive.
- An item of poor quality.
- A person who is stingy, a cheapskate.
- In a cheap manner; without expending much money.
- Having been deceived.
- One who cheats.
- An improvised breaker bar made from a length of pipe and a wrench (spanner), usually used to free screws, bolts, etc. that are difficult to remove with a ratchet or wrench alone.
- Of or pertaining to Chechnya
- Someone belonging to this ethnic group.
- An ethnic group originating from Chechnya in the North Caucasus region.
- A North-Central Caucasian language spoken in Chechnya.
- Having a pattern of checks; checkered.
- Of syllables, having a coda.
- Of consonants, glottalized.
- One who checks something.
- The clerk who tallies cost of purchases and accepts payment.
- A playing piece in the game of checkers (British: draughts).
- To mark in a pattern of alternating light and dark positions, like a checkerboard.
- To develop markings in a pattern of alternating light and dark positions, like a checkerboard.
- The fruit of the wild service tree or chequer tree, syn.
- Having some specific type of cheek.
- A rubber ring that holds the bit high in the horse's mouth.
- A person who, or a thing that cheers.
- A glass of spirit with warm water.
- gay; cheerful; not gloomy
- cheerily; cheerfully; heartily; briskly
- A broad gleeful grin.
- A jovial greeting
- A cheesemonger, cheese aficionado, or someone employed in the cheese business
- An uncircumcised man.
- A senior or geezer.
- A cocktail sandwich made with cheese.
- A conker with a flat side.
- A distinctive member (Acinonyx jubatus) of the cat family, slightly smaller than the leopard, but with proportionately longer limbs and a smaller head. It is native to Africa and also credited with being the fastest terrestrial animal.
- Collectively, all chefs.
- The state of being a chef.
- A member of the Cheka.
- A district on the northern bank of the river Thames in western London.
- Any of several places (mostly in the US) named after it.
- A type of porcelain once manufactured there.
- name, derived from the London borough.
- name, a variant of Chelsea.
- A person who specializes in the science of chemistry, especially at a professional level.
- A pharmacist.
- A pharmacy.
- An alchemist.
- an unincorporated CDP in McHenry County, Illinois, USA.
- a town in Chemung County, New York, USA, named after the Chemung River.
- an unincorporated community in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, USA.
- a river in New York State.
- spelling of (in certain senses only)
- A cigar with square-cut ends
- A leafy herb, resembling parsley.
- leaves from the plant, used as an herb in cooking, which have a mild flavour of anise.
- A mould in which curds are placed before being pressed to remove the whey; subsequently the chessel is removed to allow the cheese to mature
- Having a chest (with a specified quality).
- A Slavic guerrilla fighter in the Balkans.
- An ultra-nationalist Serb.
- A subdivision of currency, equal to one hundredth of a Bhutanese ngultrum
- A capitation tax; an equal tax or tribute per person.
- A V-shaped pattern; used in architecture, and as an insignia of military or police rank, on the sleeve
- A wide inverted V placed on a shield.
- One of the V-shaped markings on the surface of roads used to indicate minimum distances between vehicles.
- A guillemet, either of the punctuation marks “«” or “»”, used in several languages to indicate passages of speech. Similar to typical quotation marks used in the English language such as ““” and “””.
- An angle bracket, either used as a typographic or a scientific symbol.
- A a diacritical mark that may resemble an inverted circumflex.
- To form or be formed into chevrons
- The consumption of (the juice from) the khat plant.
- A bird, Pipilo erythrophthalmus, the Eastern towhee.
- An elevated dome-shaped pavilion in Indian architecture.
- A state of Mexico.
- A crossing of two nerves, ligaments etc.
- The contact point between the two chromatids of a chromosome during meiosis.
- a Turkish tobacco pipe
- A traditional open-sided dwelling built by the Native Americans of Florida.
- Either of two plants of the Asteraceae family
- Common chicory (Cichorium intybus), the source of radicchio, Belgian endive, and sugarloaf.
- Endive ( the source of escarole and frisée.
- A coffee substitute made from the roasted roots of the common chicory, sometimes used as a cheap adulterant in real coffee.
- chided, reproved, rebuked, scolded
- Especially or primarily; above all.
- Mainly or principally; almost entirely.
- of, or relating to a chief
- A sheer silk or rayon fabric.
- Any purely ornamental accessory on a woman's dress, such as a bunch of ribbon, lace, etc.
- A chigoe (Tunga penetrans), a kind of flea found in tropical climates.
- A harvest mite, a very small, red mite endemic to the Midwestern and Southeastern US, the infestation of which causes intense itching.
- An East Asian person who behaves in ways similar to a stereotypical urban African American.
- A roll or twist of hair worn at the nape of the neck; a bun.
- A temporary swelling on a neonate's head after a ventouse-assisted delivery.
- Of or pertaining to a young child; childlike
- Of, from, or pertaining to the nation or culture of Chile or its people.
- A person from Chile or of Chilean descent.
- a group of 1000 things
- a period of 1000 years; a millennium
- Something that chills, especially a machine that produces cold air, either for air conditioning, to prepare chilled foods etc.
- A frightening dramatic work, such as a book or film
- A conical pipe used for smoking marijuana, usually made of fired clay, porcelain, soapstone, glass or more rarely, wood and 100-150 mm long and 25-35 mm wide at the mouth.
- Any of several villages in
- An in
- A and unincorporated community in
- A city in that is the of
- A town in Calumet County, Wisconsin, partially within which the city is.
- An instance of chiming; a sound that chimes.
- A member of an allied commando unit operating behind enemy lines in northern Burma during World War II.
- A turn or kink in a rope.
- To chink or jingle
- To tinkle or cause to tinkle; produce a continued chinking sound
- A ringing sound of low volume
- Having some specific type of chin or number of chins.
- Of or decorated with chintz.
- Tastelessly showy; cheap, gaudy, or tacky.
- Excessively reluctant to spend; miserly, stingy.
- having a chip (small piece) or chips missing
- (no comparative or superlative) having had the engine management system upgraded, usually to increase power
- Exhibiting a lively optimism; in high spirits, cheerful.
- A fish and chip shop, or more generally a cheap fast food outlet, typically selling chips and other deep-fried foods.
- A deep frier.
- A machine that reduces organic matter to compost; depending on size, whole tree trunks are reduced to sawdust; a woodchipper.
- An occasional tobacco user, or more generally drug user.
- A machine that chips potatoes ready to be fried and made into chips.
- A company that manufactures potato chips/potato crisps.
- Someone who chips (e.g. wood).
- A player who chips the ball.
- To chirp or chirrup.
- A thing or animal that makes a chirping sound.
- A person who speaks with a distinct English or Welsh accent.
- To make a series of chirps, clicks or clucks.
- To express by chirping.
- To quicken or animate by chirping.
- A series of chirps, clicks or clucks.
- A political purge in Russia.
- chitlins (corruption of chitterlings)
- To make a series of high-pitched sounds; to twitter, chirp or chatter.
- To shiver or chatter with cold.
- A Siouan language originally spoken by the Missouria, Otoe and Iowa peoples.
- A short cloak caught up on the shoulder, worn by hunters, soldiers, and horsemen in Ancient Greece.
- A colourless narcotic liquid, trichloroacetaldehyde, CCl3CHO, obtained at first by the action of chlorine on alcohol and that, when treated with water, produces chloral hydrate.
- Of a compound, containing chlorine with a higher oxidation number than equivalent chlorous compounds; especially having an oxidation number of 5
- A large heterocyclic aromatic ring consisting, at the core, of three pyrroles and one pyrroline coupled through four methine linkages.
- The univalent radical ClO2- or cation ClO2+
- A member of a Hindu caste found in the state of Rajasthan in India.
- Tightly packed, especially with people.
- An peoples native to the area currently known as in the
- The of the Choctaw tribe.
- An in
- An unincorporated community in Mississippi.
- A in that is a of
- Relating to the Choctaw tribe or its language.
- A person of Choctaw heritage.
- form of (heating device)
- The process in which a person's airway becomes blocked, resulting in asphyxia in cases that are not treated promptly.
- The act of coughing when a foreign object (i.e. food, beverages) becomes lodged in a person's airway.
- A steroid hydrocarbon having a 4-pentane sidechain instead of the normal cholestane sidechain
- Any salt or ester of cholic acid
- A meat stew traditionally served on the Sabbath by Jews
- One who, or that which, chomps.
- A tooth.
- A small or young domestic fowl; a chick.
- one who chooses something
- Cut or diced into small pieces.
- Ground, having been processed by grinding.
- Having a vehicle's height reduced by horizontal trimming of the roofline.
- High on drugs.
- Fired from a job or cut from a team or training program; having got the chop.
- A tool for chopping wood; an axe/ax.
- A knife for chopping food.
- The penis.
- A type of road motorcycle, especially as used by biker / bikie gangs.
- An AK-47 or similar assault rifle.
- Any of various electronic switches used to interrupt one signal under the control of another.
- A helicopter.
- To travel or transport by helicopter.
- Of, pertaining to, or consisting of chords.
- Having an accompaniment of chords rather than a countermelody.
- Having a notochord; chordate
- For a graph, in which all cycles of four or more vertices have a chord.
- Through which input is supplied by pressing a relatively small number of keys in combinations, as though playing chords.
- an abnormal downward curve to the erect penis
- Of, pertaining to, or exhibiting chorea
- Of, pertaining to, or exhibiting chorea
- One who has chorea.
- a trochee (a foot of two syllables, the first long and the second short)
- a tribrach
- Relating to a chorion
- A female chorus line dancer; a chorus girl.
- The protective and nutritive membrane in higher vertebrates that attaches the fetus to the uterus.
- The outer case of an insect egg.
- The outer membrane of seeds of plants.
- A singer in a choir; a chorister.
- A spicy Spanish sausage flavoured with paprika.
- a market town and borough in Lancashire, England.
- The vascular layer of the eye lying between the retina and the sclera.
- A joyful, somewhat muffled laugh, rather like a snorting chuckle.
- To laugh with a chortle or chortles.
- definition one who chouses.
- A thick, creamy soup or stew.
- A stew, particularly fish or seafood, not necessarily thickened.
- A seller of fish.
- To make (seafood, etc.) into chowder.
- A white cloth, anointed with chrism, or a white mantle thrown over a child when baptized or christened.
- A child that died within a month after its baptism; so called from the chrisom cloth used as a shroud for it.
- A diminutive of the female given names Christine and Christina.
- of, relating to, or containing chromium, especially in oxidation state 3
- One of the Chromidae, a family of freshwater fishes abundant in the tropical parts of America and Africa.
- The divalent radical CrO2: or cation CrO22+
- Of or pertaining to time.
- A hypothetical quantum or particle of time.
- The flavone 5,7-dihydroxy-2-phenyl-4H-chromen-4-one, isolated from the passionflower ( sometimes used as an aromatase inhibitor supplement by bodybuilders and athletes
- One who chucks; a thrower.
- A bowler who throws or chucks the ball rather than bowls it.
- A quiet laugh.
- To laugh quietly or inwardly.
- To communicate through chuckling.
- To make the sound of a chicken; to cluck.
- To call together, or call to follow, as a hen calls her chickens; to cluck.
- To fondle; to indulge or pamper.
- Very pleased or satisfied, delighted.
- Annoyed, displeased, disgruntled"chuffed" at dictionary.com.
- A street fundraiser, especially a private contractor, working on behalf of a charity, who is aggressive or invasive.
- One of the six playing periods, each of 7½ minutes, of a game of polo.
- A bottle-shaped underground storage chamber built by the pre-Columbian Maya in southern Mesoamerica, in some cases designed to collect rainwater.
- Any book of the Pentateuch.
- The Pentateuch collectively.
- A native American tribe of southern California.
- The language of the tribe.
- To peck at or nibble.
- An act of vomiting.
- To throw up, to vomit.
- Of a motor vehicle: to rumble loudly, to roar.
- The Channel Tunnel.
- To talk tiresomely or at length; to chatter on.
- To speak in a soft, indistinct manner, mutter.
- To grumble, complain.
- The canopy over a Jewish couple during their marriage ceremony.
- A marriage ceremony, wedding.
- A heavy downpour, typical of the Mariana Islands during the winter months.
- Piously Christian.
- Resembling a church.
- Reminiscent of a church service.
- one who is piously Christian
- The vessel in which cream is churned to make butter.
- A narcotic gum resin which exudes from the flower heads, seeds, etc., of Indian hemp.
- From, or pertaining to, Chuvashia
- Someone from, or pertaining to Chuvashia
- An agglutinative language of the Bolgar branch of the Turkic language family and is spoken west of the Ural mountains in central Russia. Chuvash is the native language of the Chuvash people and an official language of Chuvashia. It is spoken by about two million people.
- of, or derived from chyazic acid
- To make chyle of.
- To be converted into chyle.
- Consisting of, or similar to, chyle.
- Any of a family of serine proteases present in mast cells
- Of or pertaining to chyme.
- Any fungus of the division Chytridiomycota.
- Any of many tropical fish, of the family Cichlidae, popular as aquarium fish.
- Something that cinches as in holds and fastens, such as a belt or corset.
- Something that proves a point or concludes a story
- A waist cincher (type of corset).
- The process of encrypting telecommunication signals, as to prevent information from being intercepted by an enemy or competitor.
- Resembling or characteristic of a city; urban.
- A small village or hamlet, especially in the Highlands or Western Scotland.
- A person or thing that clashes.
- Resembling clay.
- Containing clay.
- the condition or state of being clean; cleanliness
- A settler under the system of cleruchy.
- Somewhat close; nearish
- Covered with a cloth.
- Wearing clothes or clothing.
- Tending to clutch; clingy or grabby.
- A person who coaches or gives instruction; a coach.
- A coachman.
- A coach horse.
- The complex, spirally coiled, tapered cavity of the inner ear in which sound vibrations are converted into nerve impulses.
- A game in which trinkets are set upon sticks, to be thrown at by the players; -- so called from an ancient popular sport which consisted in shying or throwing cudgels at live cocks.
- An object at which stones are flung.
- A cod (the fish).
- The flesh of the cod as food.
- A person from North Shields, a town in the northeast of England.
- A person from Hull, a fishing town in the north of England.
- A person from Whitby, a town in the northeast of England.
- A person from Fleetwood, a town in the northwest of Lancashire.
- A person from Kingston upon Hull, a city in East Yorkshire
- A small bronze mortar mounted on a wooden block with handles, and light enough to be carried short distances by two people.
- To reside with another as if married or as a married couple.
- To coexist in common environs with.
- To engage in sexual intercourse; see coition.
- A detector of radio waves used in very early radio receivers.
- An ancient region and kingdom located in Eastern Europe, on the coast of the Black Sea, corresponding to what is now western Georgia.
- Lively and playful; frisky.
- A machine (rather like a rotating pestle and mortar) used to refine the flavour and texture of chocolate by warming and grinding; a conch.
- A person who operates such a machine.
- Lapageria rosea, the Chilean bellflower.
- A buskin anciently worn by tragic actors on the stage.
- One who couches.
- One who couches paper.
- A factor or agent resident in a country for traffic.
- The book in which a corporation or other body registers its particular acts.
- A square piece of linen formerly worn by women instead of a cap; a kerchief.
- Friendly, agreeable, pleasant.
- Any of various types of boxfish, family Ostraciidae.
- The grampus,
- A of California,
- A marine plectognath fish, and allied species, having two projections, like horns, in front.
- One who tends free-range cattle, especially in the American West.
- The heel of a cow, used as food.
- an annual herb with blue-grey waxy herbage and pale pink flowers, native to Eurasia.
- A hide of a cow.
- Any quantity of hides of cows.
- Leather made from the hide of cows.
- A coarse whip made of untanned leather.
- To flog with a cowhide.
- A path made by, or used by, cows.
- A small barn for keeping cows.
- One who crashes.
- One who attends an event without an invitation
- To crush with the teeth; to chew with violence and noise; to crunch.
- A grinding or crunching sound.
- Likely to crunch, especially with reference to food when it is eaten.
- Having sensibilities of a counter-culture nature lover or hippie; derived from the concept of crunchy granola.
- Pulverized, rendered into small, disconnected fragments.
- Broken, saddened, depressed.
- Of a fabric, having the appearance of having been crushed.
- Someone or something that crushes.
- A machine designed to crush rocks.
- A policeman.
- Reminiscent of a cub, i.e. shy and naive.
- the state of being a cub
- Resembling a cult
- Having an intense admiration or fandom
- A gratuity or tip as thanks for a service
- To give or make a present to.
- A hemispherical head on a rivet.
- An Irish boat, constructed like a coracle, and originally the same shape; now a boat of similar construction but conventional shape and large enough to be operated by up to eight oars.
- Pertaining to a cur or mongrel.
- Ignoble, mean-spirited.
- The state of being a cur; one who is currish.
- A soft mass of material stuffed into a cloth bag, used for comfort or support; for sitting on, kneeling on, resting one's head on etc.
- Something acting as a cushion, especially to absorb a shock or impact.
- A pad on which gilders cut gold leaf.
- A mass of steam in the end of the cylinder of a steam engine to receive the impact of the piston.
- The lip around a table in cue sports which absorbs some of the impact of the billiard balls and bounces them back.
- a sufficient quantity of an intangible object (like points or minutes) to allow for some of those points, for example, to be lost without hurting one's chances for successfully completing an objective.
- A riotous dance, formerly common at weddings.
- To furnish with cushions.
- To seat or place on, or as on a cushion.
- To absorb or deaden the impact of.
- To conceal or cover up, as under a cushion.
- Pertaining to the ancient people of Horn of Africa, considered the descendants of biblical Cush.
- A member of one of the peoples of the Horn of Africa.
- A sub-family of the Afro-Asiatic languages; Cushitic.
- The Moon, personified.
- of, or resembling a czar; tsarish
- A former country in Africa, located in present-day Benin.
- A city in Texas, USA
- stun, stupefy
- bruise the surface of an apple or other fruit by a knock
- injure, damage, generally used as an expletive
- Characterised by noxious vapours; misty, smoky.
- Moderately damp or moist.
- Any water flea of the genus Daphnia
- A plant toxin originally isolated from the mezereon.
- A moon of Saturn.
- Hierophany, theophany; being in the presence of the divine or holy (as a person or object).
- Old cocoyam; the edible starchy yellow tuber of the taro plant.
- A loose and brightly colored African shirt.
- Spirited, audacious and full of high spirits.
- Chic, fashionable.
- The action of the verb to dash.
- A mechanical damping device consisting of a piston that moves through a viscous fluid (usually oil); used, in conjunction with a spring, in shock absorbers.
- Somewhat dead, dull, or lifeless.
- Appearing as though dead, or on the verge of death.
- Fatal, causing death.
- In a way that resembles death.
- Extremely, dreadfully.
- An individual act of debauchery.
- An orgy.
- To morally corrupt (someone); to seduce.
- To debase (something); to lower the value of (something).
- A narrow outlet from which a body of water pours.
- A fortress at the end of a defile.
- To pour forth from a narrow opening; to emerge from a narrow place like a defile into open country or a wider space.
- To free from a charm; to disenchant.
- to remove the flesh from
- To burst or split open at definite places, discharging seeds, pollen or similar content.
- To rupture or break open, as a surgical wound.
- Joy; pleasure.
- Something that gives great joy or pleasure.
- To give delight to; to affect with great pleasure; to please highly.
- To have or take great pleasure.
- The mistress of Samson who betrayed him to the Philistines.
- name of Biblical origin.
- A beautiful, cunning and treacherous woman; a femme fatale.
- A libertine; a harlot; a woman of loose morals.
- A city/village in Iowa.
- A city/town in Kansas.
- A city in Ohio.
- A small village and military encampment in the Indian-administered part of the disputed region of Jammu and Kashmir, near Aksai Chin and the