Page 1 from 6
Total results: 6178
- Blushing; ruddy.
- Blushing; ruddy.
- A variation in color (often applied to Oriental rugs).
- The state or condition of having aches.
- A small, dry, indehiscent fruit, containing a single seed, as in the buttercup.
- That aches; continuously painful.
- The feeling of an ache; a dull pain.
- (syn. similar to arrowroot: the the seeds of which yield a purple dye.
- The edible rhizome of this plant.
- A man's knee-length jacket worn in parts of India, Bangladesh and Pakistan.
- A special ward in Tokyo that is surrounded by (clockwise from north) Saitama Prefecture, Katsushika, Sumida, Arakawa, and Kita special wards
- To exhort; to advise.
- To set in order; to array.
- A Northwest Caucasian language spoken in the Republic of Adygea, in the Russian Federation, also known as West Circassian.
- flushed, blushing
- Anew; again; once more; newly.
- Terrified; struck with amazement; showing signs of terror or horror.
- Characteristic of ague
- A follower of the Ahmadiyya religion (sometimes labelled a denomination of Islam).
- On the back of a horse; on horseback.
- A painful constriction of the base of the fifth toe, frequently followed by autoamputation, occurring predominantly in black Africans and their descendants.
- Cool, breezy.
- Tending to put on airs.
- A member of an order of ascetic monks in parts of India
- A monastery used by this order
- A spiritual leader in Persia and parts of Central Asia.
- A female given name.
- The third brightest star in the constellation of Gemini
- To make light or less heavy; lighten; alleviate.
- To get off or exit a vehicle or animal; to descend; to dismount.
- To descend and settle, lodge, rest, or stop.
- To find by accident
- To light; light up; illuminate.
- To set light to; light.
- Lit, on fire, switched on.
- Lit; on fire, burning.
- the brightest star in Ursa Major.
- A crystalline derivative of salicylic acid, used as an antiseptic and antirheumatic.
- A non-contagious form of leprosy
- The act of concealing oneself and lying in wait to attack by surprise.
- An attack launched from a concealed position.
- The troops posted in a concealed place, for attacking by surprise; those who lie in wait.
- To station in ambush with a view to surprise an enemy.
- To attack by ambush; to waylay.
- An important daily prayer that is said while standing.
- a null mutation.
- a mutation that causes a complete loss of gene function.
- One of a pair of chemosensory sense organs positioned laterally on the head of a nematode
- The author of anarchy; one who excites revolt.
- A tool used to moor a vessel to the bottom of a sea or river to resist movement.
- An iron device so shaped as to grip the bottom and hold a vessel at her berth by the chain or rope attached. (FM 55-501).
- The combined anchoring gear (anchor, rode, bill/peak and fittings such as bitts, cat, and windlass.)
- Representation of the nautical tool, used as a heraldic charge.
- Any instrument serving a purpose like that of a ship's anchor, such as an arrangement of timber to hold a dam fast; a device to hold the end of a bridge cable etc.; or a device used in metalworking to hold the core of a mould in place.
- A marked point in a document that can be the target of a hyperlink.
- An anchorman or anchorwoman.
- The final runner in a relay race.
- A point that is touched by the draw hand or string when the bow is fully drawn and ready to shoot.
- A superstore or other facility that serves as a focus to bring customers into an area.
- That which gives stability or security.
- A metal tie holding adjoining parts of a building together.
- Carved work, somewhat resembling an anchor or arrowhead; part of the ornaments of certain mouldings. It is seen in the echinus, or egg-and-anchor (called also egg-and-dart, egg-and-tongue) ornament.
- One of the anchor-shaped spicules of certain sponges.
- One of the calcareous spinules of certain holothurians, as in species of Synapta.
- To hold an object, especially a ship or a boat to a fixed point.
- To cast anchor; to come to anchor.
- To stop; to fix or rest.
- To provide emotional stability for a person in distress.
- To perform as an anchorman or anchorwoman.
- To be stuck; to be unable to move away from a position.
- A state in India between 1953 and 1956, formed from Madras Presidency. It was later merged with Telangana and formed Andhra Pradesh.
- A prefecture-level city in northeastern China.
- An ancient Elamite and later Achaemenid Persian city in modern-day Iran.
- The epithet of the Greek goddess Hera
- A choral or vocal composition, often with a religious or political lyric.
- A hymn of praise or loyalty.
- A very popular song or track.
- To celebrate with anthems.
- The pollen-bearing part of the stamen of a flower.
- In any way or manner whatever.
- In any case. Used to indicate that a statement explains or supports a previous statement.
- Complete lack of emotion or motivation about a person, activity, or object; depression; lack of interest or enthusiasm; disinterest.
- The planet that has the most influence on a person's life.
- candidiasis, oral thrush, thrush
- An oral ulcer, disregarding the cause.
- foot-and-mouth disease
- A violet dye obtained from several species of lichen ( etc.), which grow on maritime rocks in the Canary and Cape Verde Islands, etc.
- The plant from which the dye is obtained.
- In an arch manner; slyly.
- A chief magistrate of ancient Athens.
- A ruler, head of state or other leader.
- A supernatural being subordinate to the Demiurge.
- To reach for, get at, obtain, get hold of.
- a town in Northern Ireland, which is the county town of County Armagh.
- one of the six traditional counties in Northern Ireland, known as County Armagh.
- An obsolete Russian length unit, equal to 71.12 centimeters.
- A village in Illinois
- A city in Iowa
- A rural municipality in Manitoba, Canada
- A village in Nebraska
- A ghost town in Nevada
- A city in North Dakota
- A town and a community in Wisconsin
- Guinness stout.
- A city in northeastern Tanzania.
- A cupboard or case for holding bows and other archery equipment.
- shaking, aquiver
- To make ashamed; to shame.
- A container for ashes, used in times past for accumulating ashes generated from wood and coal fires, for eventual disposal elsewhere. A dustbin.
- A kind of large firecracker.
- Of or pertaining to the Ashcan School of American art.
- Describing a comic book originally published solely to retain ownership of a trademark, not intended for general release; later used for promotional comic books intended for limited release to the public.
- A port on the Mediterranean coast of Israel
- A depository for ashes.
- A place where potash is made.
- shining; radiant
- An analytic procedure in which a sample is heated in a furnace to leave a residue of ash, either to determine the gross mineral content, or as a preparation for further analysis
- A large cuboid stone; masonry making use of such stone blocks.
- A hurling stone used in warfare.
- name, variant of Ashley
- A common English place name.
- derived from the places.
- name transferred from the surname.
- name transferred from the surname.
- One of ten villages in England.
- A city in Illinois.
- A town in Indiana.
- A village in Michigan.
- A city/town in North Dakota.
- A village/town in Ohio.
- A borough in Pennsylvania.
- On the land as opposed to onboard.
- On, or towards the shore.
- A secluded religious hermitage inhabited by gurus, or the population of such a hermitage.
- A common place name in England.
- derived from the place names.
- name transferred from the surname.
- A town in South Australia, Australia.
- A ghost town in California, US.
- A city in Idaho, US.
- A village in Illinois, US.
- A city/town in Iowa, US.
- A village in Nebraska, US.
- A city/town in South Dakota, US.
- Pertaining to, or like, an asp.
- Like an ass; stupid or obstinate; asinine.
- a simple substitution cipher in which each occurrence of the first letter of the alphabet is substituted with the last, second with next to last, and so on
- The capital city of Greece.
- A city in Alabama, USA
- A city in Georgia, USA, consolidated with as Athens-Clarke County.
- A city in Illinois.
- An unincorporated community hamlet in Henry Township, Indiana, USA.
- A village in Louisiana.
- A town in Maine.
- A village in Michigan.
- A town and village in New York.
- A city in Ohio.
- A township in Ontario, Canada.
- A borough in Pennsylvania.
- A city in Tennessee
- A city in Texas
- A town in Vermont.
- A town in West Virginia.
- A village in Wisconsin.
- To arrest, seize.
- To fasten, to join to (literally and figuratively).
- To adhere; to be attached.
- To come into legal operation in connection with anything; to vest.
- To win the heart of; to connect by ties of love or self-interest; to attract; to fasten or bind by moral influence; with to.
- To connect, in a figurative sense; to ascribe or attribute; to affix; with to.
- To take, seize, or lay hold of.
- The first decade of a century, such as 1900 to 1909 or 2000 to 2009, whose digit in the tens place is zero. The oughts, the noughties.
- The originator or creator of a work, especially of a literary composition.
- (the author) I, me. definition
- Someone who writes books for a living.
- The works of an author or authors.
- To create a work as its author.
- To declare freely and openly; to assert.
- To acknowledge deliberately; to admit; to confess; to sanction.
- To confirm or verify, to affirm the validity of.
- To appeal to; to cite or claim as authority.
- evidence; declaration
- An Indo-Aryan language, usually considered a dialect of Hindi, spoken in India and Nepal.
- A native or inhabitant of Awadh in India.
- Just drawn out of the ground, and hanging perpendicularly; atrip; said of the anchor.
- To confound; to terrify; to amaze.
- Riding a bicycle.
- travelling by a wheeled vehicle; mobile
- circling, moving in the shape of a wheel
- For some time; for a short time.
- In the meantime; during (an implicit ongoing process).
- Like a babe; childish; babyish.
- The rind of the fruit of several East Indian species of acacia, especially formerly It contains gallic acid and tannin, and is used for dyeing drab.
- A member of an Iranian people who primarily speak the Balochi language and inhabit Balochistan and other nearby areas.
- To send someone away and forbid that person from returning.
- To expel, especially from the mind.
- One who bashes something, figuratively or literally.
- One who engages in gratuitous physical or verbal attacks on a group or type of people.
- A trainspotter. 
- Overdone or treacly attempts to inspire pathos.
- Risible failure on the part of a work of art to properly affect its audience, particularly owing to
- anticlimax: an abrupt transition in style or subject from high to low.
- banality: unaffectingly cliché or trite treatment of a topic.
- immaturity: lack of serious treatment of a topic.
- hyperbole: excessiveness
- The ironic use of such failure for satiric or humorous effect.
- A nadir, a low point particularly in one's career.
- Relating to, or relieving, a cough.
- A medicine for relieving coughs.
- To dash against.
- To bespatter with liquid or powder.
- To ruin or obliterate.
- The interest, benefit, or wellbeing of someone or something.
- One's role or rightful place; stead or authority.
- To hang round or about; depend; suspend; drape.
- To ornament; embellish.
- To conduct (oneself) well, or in a given way.
- To act, conduct oneself in a specific manner; definition
- To conduct, manage, regulate (something).
- To act in a polite or proper way.
- To remove the head; cut someone's head off.
- To give ear to; hear (intently); attend (to); pay attention or give heed to; listen to.
- To help (with); give aid or assistance to.
- Help; aid; assistance.
- A command, bidding; sometimes also, an authoritative request.
- A vow; a promise.
- To promise; vow.
- At the back of; positioned with something else in front of.
- To the back of.
- After, time- or motion-wise.
- responsible for
- In support of.
- Left a distance by, in progress or improvement; inferior to.
- At the back part; in the rear.
- Toward the back part or rear; backward.
- Overdue, in arrears.
- Slow; of a watch or clock.
- existing afterwards
- Backward in time or order of succession; past.
- Behind the scenes in a theatre; backstage.
- Not yet brought forward, produced, or exhibited to view; out of sight; remaining.
- the rear, back-end
- butt, the buttocks, bottom
- A one-point score.
- The catcher.
- In the Eton College field game, any of a group of players consisting of two "shorts" (who try to kick the ball over the bully) and a "long" (who defends the goal).
- To see, or to look at.
- Advantage or benefit.
- To put horns on; cuckold.
- Draped; ornamented with something hanging.
- A large food fish ( of the north Pacific coast; the candlefish or sablefish.
- To wash all over; drench with water.
- A type of Indian devotional song.
- A being any species of the genus Pseudois, goatlike bovids of the Himalayas and western China with a bluish-grey coat; the
- the Republic of India.
- A traditional water-carrier of South Asia.
- State capital of Madhya Pradesh (India).
- Any of a group of ray-finned fish of the family Polypteridae in the order Polypteriformes.
- A handmaid of Rachel and mother of Dan and Naphtali.
- name of biblical origin.
- An Aboriginal person.
- Spiteful or malevolent; catty; malicious; unpleasant.
- Pale; bleak.
- To treat with bleach, especially so as to whiten (fabric, paper, etc.) or lighten (hair).
- to lose color due to stress-induced expulsion of symbiotic unicellular algae.
- To make meaningless; to divest of meaning; to make empty.
- A chemical, such as sodium hypochlorite or hydrogen peroxide, or a preparation of such a chemical, used for disinfecting or whitening.
- A variety of bleach.
- An act of bleaching; exposure to the sun.
- A disease of the skin.
- To shrink; start back; give way; flinch; turn aside or fly off.
- To quail.
- To deceive; cheat.
- To draw back from; shrink; avoid; elude; deny, as from fear.
- To hinder; obstruct; disconcert; foil.
- To fly off; to turn aside.
- A deceit; a trick.
- A sidelong glance.
- To blanch.
- any of many plant diseases causing damage to, or the death of, leaves, fruit or other parts
- the bacterium, virus or fungus that causes such a condition
- anything that impedes growth or development or spoils any other aspect of life
- To affect with blight; to blast; to prevent the growth and fertility of.
- To suffer blight.
- to spoil or ruin (something)
- An uneven patch of color or discoloration.
- An irregularly shaped spot.
- Imperfection; blemish on one’s reputation, stain.
- To mark with blotches.
- To develop blotches, to become blotchy.
- Bloom or blossom; blossoms collectively; the state of blossoming.
- The state of being blue; blueness.
- Having a tint or hue similar to the colour blue.
- Somewhat depressed; sad.
- Suffused with blushes or blushlike hues.
- Embarrassed, blushing; feeling as though one might blush.
- a city in western Germany
- An immigrant from Central Europe.
- A brawny or coarse person.
- Full of botches or mistakes; poorly done.
- To annoy, to disturb, to irritate.
- To feel care or anxiety; to make or take trouble; to be troublesome.
- To do something which is of negligible inconvenience.
- Fuss, ado.
- Trouble, inconvenience.
- A bend; flexure; curve; a hollow angle.
- A bend or hollow in a human or animal body.
- A curve or bend in a river, mountain chain, or other geographical feature.
- The part of a sling that contains the stone.
- A fold, bend, or coil in a tail, snake's body etc.
- Like a stereotypical boy in appearance or demeanor.
- An ancient biblical city in southern modern-day Jordan, the capital of Edom.
- A script once used in south and central Asia
- a pastoral people of Eastern Baluchistan
- the Dravidian language of this people
- brash, stormy
- brittle, crumbly
- The act or process of breathing.
- A single act of breathing in or out.
- Air expelled from the lungs.
- A rest or pause.
- A small amount of something, such as wind, or common sense.
- Fragrance; exhalation; odor; perfume.
- Gentle exercise, causing a quicker respiration.
- A judge or lawgiver in ancient Celtic Ireland.
- Resembling broth.
- Having a similar texture to a fox’s tail; brushlike, bushy.
- Of the countryside: having thick vegetation, taller than grass but shorter than trees; having abundant brush; shrubby.
- an administrative district in Aberdeenshire, Scotland
- and (Clan Buchan). Of note is John Buchan, the author.
- A transpersonal faculty of mind higher than the rational mind that might be translated as ‘intuitive intelligence’ or simply ‘higher mind’. It is ‘that which knows’, ie. able to discern truth from falsehood.
- Having, or growing in bunches.
- A former currency unit of Yemen.
- The wild Himalayan, or blue, sheep (
- Very tired; exhausted.
- A dry measure, containing four pecks, eight gallons, or thirty-two quarts.
- A vessel of the capacity of a bushel, used in measuring; a bushel measure.
- A quantity that fills a bushel measure
- A large indefinite quantity.
- The iron lining in the nave of a wheel. In the United States it is called a box.
- To mend or repair clothes.
- A major league baseball player who has recently come from a small league.
- A seal, as of a letter.
- A special characteristic or quality; prestige.
- A commemorative stamped design or inscription on an envelope, other than a cancellation or pre-printed postage.
- A sealed envelope containing an item whose price is being negotiated.
- A capsule containing a pharmaceutical preparation.
- A hidden location from which one can observe birds while remaining unseen.
- To mark (an envelope) with a commemorative stamped design or inscription.
- A sweet eaten to sweeten the breath.
- A number of sheets of paper put loosely together; especially one of the successive portions of a work printed in numbers.
- A memorial of a body; a report of legislative proceedings, etc.
- A member of an Indian people from central Mexico.
- The language of these people.
- To act in partnership.
- A sort of light 'convertible' carriage with a folding hood.
- The fortress in a city in North Africa or the Middle East.
- The medina, the older part of a city in North Africa or the Middle East.
- Exhausted or used up; finished, empty.
- One who cashes (a cheque, etc.).
- A tree, Anacardium occidentale, native to northeastern Brazil, now widely grown in tropical climates for its cashew nuts and cashew apples.
- A cashew nut.
- Instantly appealing and memorable (of a tune or phrase).
- Tending to catch or ensnare; entangling.
- Consisting of, or occurring in, disconnected parts or snatches; changeable.
- A member of certain so self-styled Novatian and other Christian sects embracing a form of dualism and extraordinary practices adhering to Mary Magdalene's teachings, persecuted by Roman Catholics as heretics.
- China, specifically medieval northern China as reached by the overland Silk Road to Xi'an or Beijing, not known at the time to be related to southern China as reached by the maritime routes to Guangzhou.
- A settlement in North Dakota.
- A spelling variant of Cathy, diminutive of the female given name Catherine.
- Whose terms become progressively closer to one another.
- Of the method of being out in which the striker hits the ball and a fielder catches it.
- Any member of the Cephidae.
- A long whip formerly used as an instrument of punishment in India and parts of the the Middle East.
- A species of baboon from Southern Africa,
- Belonging to a language family spoken across northern Nigeria, Niger, Chad, Central African Republic and Cameroon.
- A loose robe, made from a single cloth, worn as a combination head covering, veil and shawl by Muslim women, especially in Iran.
- One who chafes.
- A vessel for heating water; hence, a dish or pan.
- Any of several scarab beetles, including the cockchafer, leaf chafer and rose chafer
- Like or containing chaff.
- An open, horse-drawn carriage for one or two people, usually with one horse and two wheels.
- A chaise longue.
- A post chaise.
- Any of (at least more than) seven centres of spiritual energy in the body, according to Ayurveda philosophy.
- Consisting of or containing chalk.
- Resembling chalk in some way.
- A member of a Hindu caste who works in leather; a tanner or leather-worker.
- A collection of Cham polities in what is now Vietnam from the 2nd century through 1832.
- name transferred from the surname.
- Furnished with a chape or chapes.
- A chap; a fellow.
- Full of chaps; cleft; gaping; open.
- Chapped, dry.
- Cannabis resin, used as an intoxicant in India.
- form of (Indian spinning-wheel)
- Having a flavour of charred wood.
- Relating to charcoal, or partaking of its qualities.
- A person or thing (ship, plane, car, etc.) that chases.
- Originally, a horse used for hunting; now, a horse trained for steeplechasing, a steeplechaser.
- A hunter.
- Someone who chases metal; a person who decorates metal by engraving or embossing.
- A tool used for cleaning out screw threads, either as an integral part of a tap or die to remove waste material produced by the cutting tool, or as a separate tool to repair damaged threads.
- A mild drink consumed immediately after a drink of hard liquor.
- A shot of hard liquor.
- Someone that follows logs out of the forest in order to signal a yarder engineer to stop them if they become fouled - also called a frogger.
- one who unhooks chokers from the logs at the landing.
- One of a series of adjacent light bulbs that cycle on and off to give the illusion of movement.
- A chase gun.
- a city in Minnesota, USA, and the county seat of Carver County.
- A long, narrow, steep-sided depression on a planet (often other than Earth), a moon, or another body in the Solar System.
- Of or pertaining to a chasm; abounding in chasms.
- abstaining from sexual intercourse, celibate
- virginal, innocent, having had no sexual experience
- simple, austere, undecorative
- modest, decent, morally pure
- collet, beazle (around a jewel, on a ring)
- Of a person, chatting a lot or fond of chatting.
- Of a text or speech, expressed in a conversational style.
- Infested with chats, ie, lice
- A friend or comrade; a member of a chevra.
- An East Asian tea bowl.
- of, i.e. nonstandard variant of chewed.
- Inexpensive and of poor quality.
- A person who is stingy, a cheapskate.
- A primitive trap, often set in the hope of swindling a win or draw from a losing position.
- An elementary school for Jewish children, teaching basic Judaism and Hebrew.
- Impudent; impertinent; impertinently bold, often in a way that is regarded as endearing or amusing.
- Indulged in.
- Poisonous (of animals such as snakes), dangerous, cunning, violent, potent.
- In a good mood, happy, cheerful.
- Overdramatic, excessively emotional or clichéd, trite, contrived.
- Of or relating to cheese.
- Resembling, or containing cheese.
- Cheap, of poor quality.
- Exaggerated and likely to be forced or insincere.
- a city in Washington, USA.
- Practising chemistry (or, earlier, alchemy); pertaining to these sciences.
- Produced through alchemy; counterfeit.
- A chemist or (earlier) an alchemist.
- A solution of chloride of lime, used in bleaching.
- To bleach with a solution of chloride of lime.
- The card game called chemin de fer.
- Containing chert.
- Having large breasts; busty.
- Not dry; involving the coughing of phlegm.
- Coming from, or associated with, the chest.
- A member of one of various South Indian castes of merchants, money-lenders and land-owners.
- A horse; hence, a support or frame.
- A river fish, the chub.
- The extreme end of the chancel or choir; properly the round or polygonal part.
- That has been chewed; masticated.
- To taunt or tease in jest.
- To taunt maliciously.
- Chiayi City, a city in south-western Taiwan.
- Chiayi County, a county in Taiwan
- Chick (young bird).
- The milky latex of the sapodilla tree, used after coagulation as the principal ingredient of chewing gum
- In a chic or fashionable way
- A man; a fellow, chap.
- A man of Asian ethnicity who is heavily influenced by hip-hop culture.
- A small tropical flea, Tunga penetrans, whose females burrow under the skin of animals, including humans, and lay their eggs, causing strong irritation and sores.
- A child of noble birth.
- The cognomen given to the oldest son prior to his taking his father's title.
- A feeling of being cold, a symptom of many conditions.
- Cold enough to cause shivering; or suddenly feeling cold
- Unfriendly or distant and cool
- A bell that chimes.
- A person who rings chimes on bells.
- The tree Platanus orientalis, the oriental plane.
- The bedbug (Cimex lectularius).
- According to Navajo beliefs, a harmful ghost that leaves a person's body when they die and may remain around their possessions.
- Pertaining to, or having, a chine, or backbone; used in composition.
- Broken in the back.
- Full of chinks, laden with small cracks or openings.
- Possessing attributes of, or similar to, a Chinese person or Chinese style or culture.
- A Chinese takeaway restaurant.
- A meal of Chinese food.
- A Chinese person.
- Having a prominent chin.
- Having a sensitive chin.
- Given to talk, talkative.
- An exercise performed by lying flat and then bringing the knees toward the chest while simultaneously raising the chest to meet the knees.
- An opaque white chalk marble with colored stripes.
- A chinchilla.
- The Chinese pink;
- To thrust oakum into (seams or chinks) with a chisel, the point of a knife, or a chinsing iron; to calk slightly.
- A painted or stained calico fabric, originally produced in India, and known for its brightly colored designs.
- The goddess of snow and winter winds. She is the daughter of Boreas, (the North Wind), and Oreithyia, (an Athenian princess whom he had abducted). Her siblings are Zetes, Calaides and Cleopatra, (the wife of Phineus).
- A nymph.
- A fish-and-chip shop.
- A carpenter.
- The youngest member of a team or group, normally someone whose voice has not yet deepened, talking like a chipmunk.
- A potato chip.
- A prostitute or promiscuous woman.
- A chiptune.
- A chipping sparrow.
- Ill-tempered, disagreeable.
- Involving violence or unfair play.
- Tending to form chips when cut, rather than larger, more usable pieces of wood.
- Of an object that exhibits chirality, as in the left-handed and right-handed versions of a helix.
- In a good mood; happy and energetic.
- Making chirping noises.
- An electronic device which uses a piezoelectric transducer to make chirping noise, often designed to be hidden and function as an annoyance
- Specifically, a version of the above designed to be thrown for placement. Similar to a throwie.
- To coo like a pigeon.
- Coarse flour; bran; the coarser part of bran or flour.
- A cutting tool consisting of a slim oblong block of metal with a sharp wedge or bevel formed on one end. It may be provided with a handle at the other end. It is used to remove parts of stone, wood or metal by placing the sharp edge against the material to be cut and pushing or pounding the other end with a hammer, or mallet.
- To use a chisel.
- To work something with a chisel.
- To cheat, to get something by cheating.
- a large spotted deer, of genus Axis, native to India and Sri Lanka
- To subject to harassment or verbal abuse.
- To coerce, as by persistent request.
- To sneak up on or rapidly approach.
- To pursue as in a hunt.
- A goad.
- A funnel or funnel-shaped opening; an infundibulum.
- An opening towards the back of the nasal cavity; the posterior nasal aperture.
- The fourth month of the later ancient Egyptian civil calendar and Coptic calendar, corresponding to the fourth and last month of the season of Akhet. Since 25 BCE, when the calendar was reformed to include leap-days, Choiak has been in roughly December.
- Fastidious; choosy; discriminating.
- Choice; select.
- Having been unable to breathe due to airway obstruction (choking) or strangulation, but usually to the point of pain and discomfort without death.
- Blocked or obstructed by thick material, often plant growth.
- piece of jewelry or ornamental fabric, worn as a necklace, tight to the throat.
- One who, or that which, chokes or strangles.
- One who operates the choke of an engine during ignition.
- Any disappointing or upsetting circumstance.
- One who performs badly at an important part of a competition because they are nervous, especially when winning.
- Reminiscent of choking.
- A station, as for collection of customs, for palanquin bearers, police, etc.