Page 1 from 9
Total results: 8733
- A city and port in Denmark, in Northern Jutland; the fourth-largest city in Denmark and capital of Region Nordjylland.
- Continuing or persisting in the same state; lasting; enduring.
- The action of one who abides; the state of an abider.
- An abode.
- A thief who steels livestock in large quantities.
- The illegitimate child of an unmarried woman and a married man.
- To confiscate by judicial decision.
- Counsel; advisor; councilor; barrister.
- To deprive; to cut off.
- To debar from.
- To make shorter; to shorten in duration or extent.
- To shorten or contract by using fewer words, yet retaining the sense; to epitomize; to condense
- Cut short; truncate.
- To curtail.
- Improper or incorrect use of language.
- To prepare oneself for action.
- materia medica; the science of medical remedies
- Size, as measured in acres.
- An area of land measured in acres.
- any flowerless plant whose growth takes place at the tip of the main stem, especially the cryptogam ferns
- Pertaining to an adage; proverbial.
- form of (earnings).
- The act of causing fertilised eggs to lose viability, by killing the developing embryo within through shaking, piercing, freezing or oiling, without breaking the shell or other outer layer.
- a prince, especially an Anglo-Saxon prince or royal heir
- To declare to be.
- To deem or determine to be.
- To award judicially; to assign.
- Showing adoration or admiration.
- A moon of Saturn.
- An antiaircraft cannon.
- In the midst of flying.
- A close but separated relationship.
- In a contrary direction to.
- Close to.
- In front of; before a background.
- In physical contact with.
- In physical opposition to, or in collision with.
- A contrasting or competitive relationship.
- In contrast and/or comparison with.
- In competition with, versus.
- In opposition to.
- In exchange for.
- As counterbalance to.
- As a charge on.
- As protection from.
- Exposed to.
- In anticipation of; in preparation for (a particular time, event etc.).
- By the time that (something happened); before.
- An unmarried person celibate by choice.
- a cell that divides by
- Having no visible sex organs; asexual or cryptogamous.
- Characteristic of agape
- A rounded evergreen barberry, native to the United States and Mexico, or its berry.
- A polymeric cross-linked polysaccharide extracted from the seaweed agar; used to make gels that are used in electrophoresis.
- He is one of the Saptarishis (meaning "seven sages"), a revered Vedic sage and the author of Agastya Samhita.
- Resembling or pertaining to agate.
- To convert (a living thing) into the form of agate; to fossilize.
- Capable of being aged; suitable for ageing.
- Getting on in years; fairly old.
- one who never laughs (especially at jokes); a mirthless person
- Having existed for so great a period of time that its longevity cannot be expressed.
- Continuing infinitely or indefinitely.
- Always appearing youthful; never seeming to age.
- lasting throughout all time; eternal
- A task which ought to be done.
- The position of being an agent.
- Absence of the sense of taste.
- Partial or complete loss of the sense of taste.
- Lacking a sense of taste.
- A homiletic and non-legalistic exegetical text in the classical rabbinic literature of Judaism, particularly as recorded in the Talmud and Midrash. A parable that demonstrates a point of the Law in the Talmud.
- Text which is recited at Seder during the first and second nights of Passover, focused on the freeing of Israel from Egyptian bondage as described in the Book of Exodus. (See also the more modern Haggadah)
- To favour; to grace.
- grace; favour
- to raise the level of a river bed by the deposition of sediment
- To gratify, cause pleasure to.
- To make heavy; to aggravate.
- To set upon; to attack.
- To commit the first act of hostility or offense against; to begin a quarrel or controversy with; to make an attack against.
- To bring together in a group; to group.
- In an agile manner; with agility.
- The quality of being agile; the power of moving the limbs quickly and easily; nimbleness; quickness of motion
- A faculty of being agile in body, mind, or figuratively.
- An oppositional person, especially one opposed to government actions and projects.
- One who agists or takes in cattle to pasture at a certain rate; a pasturer.
- an officer of the king's forest, who had the care of cattle agisted, and collected the money for the same; hence called gisttaker, which in England is corrupted into guest-taker.
- To cause to move with a violent, irregular action
- To move or actuate.
- To stir up; to disturb or excite; to perturb
- To discuss with great earnestness; to debate
- To revolve in the mind, or view in all its aspects; to contrive busily; to devise; to plot
- A tempo mark directing that a passage is to be played in a restless agitated style.
- A passage having this mark.
- Played in a restless agitated style.
- Describing a passage having this mark.
- Styled or called apart from given name and surname.
- of the male bloodline; patrilineal
- An additional cognomen given, as an honour, to a Roman citizen.
- The inability to recognize objects by use of the senses.
- Epistemologically necessary lack of, indifference to, denial or shunning of, or defective knowledge.
- Someone involved in a contest or battle (as in an agon), protagonist.
- The muscle that contracts while the other relaxes.
- A molecule that can combine with a receptor on a cell to produce a physiological reaction.
- To writhe with agony; to suffer violent anguish.
- To struggle; to wrestle; to strive desperately, whether mentally or physically.
- Procyon cancrivorus, the crab-eating raccoon
- Any of various peralkaline igneous rocks, typically nepheline syenite or phonolite.
- The sayings of Jesus found in various ancient texts but not in the four Gospels.
- Of or pertaining to the condition of zero-gravity.
- Resting on the bottom.
- at a loss, ruined, with no way out
- Resting on the bottom.
- The absence of female organs, such as on double flowers which have petals but no pistils.
- Without female organs; male.
- From high, from a high point.
- A faint illumination in the sky due to photochemical luminescence in the upper atmosphere, now rarely observed by earthbound humans without the assistance of intruments.
- A thoughtless, light-hearted person.
- A hand sanitizer in the form of an alcohol gel
- At full length; lengthwise.
- A pale white emetic powder formerly used in alchemy, consisting of a compound of trichloride and trioxide of antimony.
- The southernmost region of Portugal.
- A yellow supergiant in the constellation Perseus; Alpha (α) Persei.
- A variable star in the constellation Pegasus; Gamma (γ) Pegasi. It forms one corner of the square of Pegasus.
- Pain-causing; painful in nature.
- Relating to the level of hypersensitivity to pain.
- Producing or having relation to pain.
- The capital of Algeria.
- Producing cold; covered in ice.
- Relating to alginic acid or its derivatives
- Having been placed, arranged or formed in alignment (with something).
- Allied or working together with a common goal.
- One who, or that which, aligns.
- Asserted but not proved.
- Supposed but doubtful.
- A disorder of the immune system causing adverse reactions to substances (allergens) not harmful to most and marked by the body's production of histamines and associated with atopy, anaphylaxis, and asthma.
- Any condition of hypersensitivity to a substance.
- Altered susceptibility to a first treatment as exhibited in reaction to a subsequent one.
- An antipathy, as toward a person or activity.
- A measure by the ell.
- A sworn officer in England, whose duty was to inspect woollen cloth and fix a seal upon it.
- A member of the Alogi, a group of Christian heretics in Asia Minor that flourished around 170 CE.
- An early 20th century movement in painting and writing, emerging from the Russian avant-garde, which made use of antirational or nonsensical elements.
- An absurd or nonsensical element deliberately added to a work that belongs to the alogism movement.
- Irrationality; the rejection of logical thinking as a means of approaching truth.
- An irrational statement or line of argument; a logical error.
- An inconsistency or arbitrary situation that follows no logical pattern.
- the national parliament of Iceland
- Causing wonder and amazement; very surprising.
- Possessing uniquely wonderful qualities.
- Very good.
- Indirect or roundabout ways of talking; circumlocution.
- Indirect or roundabout routes or directions.
- The act of one who ambles.
- A Greek island in the east of the Cyclades
- A town, the capital of the island of that name.
- Funny, hilarious.
- The spiritual or mystical interpretation of a word or passage beyond the literal, allegorical or moral sense (especially in Biblical criticism).
- The spiritual or mystical interpretation of a word or passage beyond the literal, allegorical or moral sense.
- state of painlessness, absence of pain
- Of or relating to analgia.
- A relationship of resemblance or equivalence between two situations, people, or objects, especially when used as a basis for explanation or extrapolation.
- Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of anergy
- An Eskimo/Inuit sorcerer or shaman.
- A small gold coin once used in England; a half angel.
- A French gold coin of the reign of bearing the image of St. Michael; also, a piece coined at Paris by the English under Henry VI.
- An old musical instrument of the lute kind.
- A sort of small, rich cheese, made in Normandy.
- Having been made angry.
- Related to angina.
- Resembling a blood vessel
- A benign tumor made up of small blood vessels or lymph vessels.
- Of or pertaining to the Angles (Germanic people)
- Of or pertaining to East Anglia
- An Angle (member of a Germanic people)
- An Old English dialect from Mercia or Northumbria
- To convert into English; to anglicise.
- A form of fishing, with a rod, line and angle (hook) for recreation or sport.
- A register or form of English that gives preference to words of Germanic origin over words of other (especially Latin, French, or Greek) origin.
- Of, in, or pertaining to this form of English.
- In an angry manner; under the influence of anger.
- An achondrite consisting mostly of augite with some olivine and troilite
- Extreme pain, either of body or mind; excruciating distress.
- To suffer pain.
- To cause to suffer pain.
- In the night time; at night.
- Serving to kill or repel bugs (insects).
- Serving to counteract bugs (surveillance devices).
- A divine being opposed to the gods.
- Opposed to the use or ownership of guns
- Preventing sagging.
- A small, immature, or miniature ant.
- An indirect argument which proves a thing by showing the impossibility or absurdity of the contrary.
- A small, young, or immature ape.
- The condition of difficulty in swallowing.
- Asexual reproduction of a fully formed plant directly from a bud.
- Connected with the apogee.
- Connected with the apogee.
- Pertaining to the apogee.
- An expression of remorse or regret for having said or done something that harmed another: an instance of apologizing (saying that one is sorry).
- A formal justification, defence.
- Anything provided as a substitute; a makeshift.
- An unincorporated community and former city in Georgia, USA, and the county seat of Columbia County.
- The arched part of a structure.
- hogging, opposed to sagging
- Any of various ticks of the family Argasidae.
- Relating to Argolis, a district in the Peloponnesus.
- A periphery in eastern Peloponnese which has its modern capital at Nafplion. Its original capital was at Argos.
- Of or belonging to argot.
- A condition caused by improper exposure to silver or its compounds, the most dramatic symptom being a bluish-grey discoloration of the skin.
- Of, pertaining to, or afflicted with argyria.
- An antiseptic compound of silver and a protein.
- A person entitled to bear a coat of arms.
- A squire carrying the armour of a knight.
- To officially charge someone in a court of law.
- To call to account, or accuse, before the bar of reason, taste, or any other tribunal.
- One of three yellowish-flowered Mediterranean herbs of the mustard family with flavoured leaves, often eaten in salads. Has a distinct, peppery flavor:
- Eruca sativa, sometimes
- Eruca vesicaria
- A slim hardwood spear or javelin with an iron tip, especially those used by Bantu peoples of Southern Africa.
- The tree species the wood of which is traditionally used to make assegais.
- To spear with an assegai.
- To lessen the intensity of, to mitigate or relieve (hunger, emotion, pain etc.).
- To pacify or soothe (someone).
- To calm down, become less violent (of passion, hunger etc.); to subside, to abate.
- A sandgrouse (Syrrhaptes paradoxus) found in Asia and rarely in southern Europe.
- Containing augite.
- To increase; to make larger or supplement.
- To grow; to increase; to become greater.
- To slow the tempo or meter, e.g. for a dramatic or stately passage.
- To increase an interval, especially the largest interval in a triad, by a half step (chromatic semitone).
- To add an augment to.
- In some Indo-European languages, a prefix e- (a- in Sanskrit) indicating a past tense of a verb.
- In some Bantu languages, an additional vowel prepended to the noun prefix.
- Of or pertaining to a chariot.
- A quantity of oats paid by a tenant to a landlord in lieu of rent.
- One who avenges or vindicates
- One who takes vengeance.
- Financial loss due to damage to transported goods; compensation for damage or loss.
- Customs duty or similar charge payable on transported goods.
- Proportional or equitable distribution of financial expense.
- The arithmetic mean.
- Any measure of central tendency, especially any mean, the median, or the mode.
- An indication of a player's ability calculated from his scoring record, etc.
- In the corn trade, the medial price of the several kinds of grain in the principal corn markets.
- Constituting or relating to the average.
- Neither very good nor very bad; rated somewhere in the middle of all others in the same category.
- Not outstanding, not good, banal; bad or poor.
- To compute the average of, especially the arithmetic mean.
- Over a period of time or across members of a population, to have or generate a mean value of.
- To divide among a number, according to a given proportion.
- To be, generally or on average.
- The service that a tenant owed his lord, to be done by the animals of the tenant, such as the transportation of wheat, turf, etc.
- A city in Provence, France.
- An act of awaking, or ceasing to sleep.
- odd; having no fellow; not one of a pair; single
- The act of coddling or pampering somebody.
- Support, especially financial.
- A liner or other material added behind or underneath.
- Musicians and vocalists who support the main performer
- That which provides support for the main performer
- An accumulation or buildup, especially of unfilled orders or unfinished work.
- In visual novels, a log containing text previously read.
- A reserve source or supply.
- A large log to burn at the back of a fire.
- To acquire something as a backlog, or to become a backlog
- An effeminate or womanish man.
- One who is bad; a worthless person.
- A brood, group, or flock of ducks.
- The residue from processing sugar cane after the juice is extracted.
- Luggage; traveling equipment
- Factors, especially psychological ones, which interfere with a person's ability to function effectively.
- A woman.
- An army's portable equipment; its baggage train.
- A two-masted Arab or Indian trading vessel, used in the Indian Ocean.
- In a loose baggy manner
- The act of putting anything into a bag.
- Cloth or other material for bags.
- Use of BVM to ventilate a patient.
- peak bagging
- bootstrap aggregating
- bootstrap aggregating
- The capital of, and largest city in Iraq, situated in the center of the country on the Tigris river; an ancient city and historical center of the Muslim world.
- A city of Afghanistan, name of Baghlan Province
- The language of the Baguirmi people of Chad, spoken mainly in the Chari-Baguirmi Prefecture.
- A family of languages which includes the Bagirmi language as well as Naba, Kenga, Fer, Beraku, Disa and Goulai.
- Resembling a bag or some aspect of one.
- A Philippine condiment made from fermented fish or shrimps.
- of (normally used in plural)
- To play the bagpipes.
- To lay (the mizzen) aback by bringing the sheet to the mizzen rigging.
- A type of laundry in which the washing was returned to the customer in a bag, undried and unpressed.
- A member of the family Psychidae of the Lepidoptera.
- Eastern tent caterpillar.
- Fall webworm.
- The act by which something is bailed.
- A bloodsport involving the act of worrying or tormenting a chained or confined animal by setting dogs upon it.
- The act of luring, as into a trap.
- A frustration or disappointment; a check.
- A city (and also a district) in Bavaria, Germany
- A city in South Carolina
- The energy difference between two allowed ranges of electron energy in a solid; especially the difference between the energies of the valence band and the conduction band.
- A pattern of band-like markings.
- A technique used in the study of wild birds, by attaching a small, individually numbered, metal or plastic tag to their legs or wings.
- A capital city of the West Java Province, Indonesia.
- The action of the verb to bang.
- Excellent, brilliant, very exciting, top, great.
- Huge; great in size.
- The capital of Thailand. Also known as “Krung Thep” or “Krungthep” (
- The business of managing a bank.
- The occupation of managing or working in a bank.
- A horizontal turn.
- A mechanical component to prevent vibration in a timepiece, etc.
- A wild ox, found in Borneo, Malaysia and the Indochina peninsula.
- Armour for a warhorse.
- An agreement between parties concerning the sale of property; or a contract by which one party binds himself to transfer the right to some property for a consideration, and the other party binds himself to receive the property and pay the consideration.
- An agreement or stipulation; mutual pledge.
- An item (usually brand new) purchased for significantly less than the usual, or recommended, price; also (when not qualified), a gainful transaction; an advantageous purchase.
- The thing stipulated or purchased.
- To make a bargain; to make a deal or contract for the exchange of property or services; to negotiate
- To transfer for a consideration; to barter; to trade
- The smallest pig in a litter; runt.
- A pole.
- the exclusion of someone; blackballing
- Unless something happens; excepting; in the absence of
- An instance of bashing; a physical attack.
- The act of one who basks.
- The act by which a food item is basted.
- A (physical) beating.
- Designed for use whilst bathing.
- The act of taking a bath.
- A young, small, or baby bat.
- Cotton, wool, silk or synthetic material used to stuff the inside of a mattress, quilt etc.
- Special cotton for surgery.
- The act of someone who bats.
- Shaped like the wing of a bat.
- The wing of a bat, or its shape.
- The act of one who bawls or shouts.
- Decoration or ornamental molding resembling a string of beads or of a semicircular cross section.
- The beads or bead-forming quality of certain liquors.
- Smilingly happy; showing happy emotion.
- The act of someone or something that beams.
- That which bears (whatever this combining form combines with).
- Of a beam, column, or other device, carrying weight or load.
- A mechanical device that supports another part and/or reduces friction.
- The horizontal angle between the direction of an object and another object, or between it and that of true north; a heading or direction.
- Relevance; a relationship or connection.
- One's posture, demeanor, or manner.
- Direction or relative position.
- That part of any member of a building which rests upon its supports.
- The portion of a support on which anything rests.
- The unsupported span.
- Any single emblem or charge in an escutcheon or coat of arms.
- The action by which someone or something is beaten.
- A heavy defeat or setback.
- The pulsation of the heart.
- The textiles associated with a bed, e.g., sheets, pillowcases, bedspreads, blankets, etc.
- Any material used by or provided to animals to lie on.
- a structure occurring in granite and similar massive rocks that allows them to split in well-defined planes horizontally or parallel to the land surface
- the temporary planting of fast-growing plants into flower beds to create colourful, temporary, seasonal displays, during spring, summer or winter
- an article of women's clothing for the upper body, usually thigh-length and wrapping or tying in front; a bedjacket.
- a nightgown.
- An instance of beeping; a sound that beeps.
- The influence of the brewing industry within the British political system.
- The state of a beggar; indigence, extreme poverty.
- The fact or action of begging.
- Beggarly appearance.
- The act of one who begs.
- One of an association of religious laymen living in semimonastic communities in imitation of the Beguines, and influenced by Albigensian teachings and by the
- To make gloomy; darken.
- To sadden.
- To address (one) as "Grace".
- To grace or endue with grace; begift; endow.
- To make something dirty; to soil
- To lay hold of; apprehend; grip; grasp.
- To groan about; bewail; groan at.
- To guess about; speculate; conjecture.
- To deceive or delude (using guile).
- To charm, delight or captivate.
- To hedge about; surround with or as with a hedge.
- To determine the boundary or limit of; define.
- To surround; beset; plague; hinder.
- To straiten; restrict; constrain; limit.
- To vow, promise (someone).
- To be designated.
- To give in trust; to commit; to entrust.
- To mean, or intend.
- To consider or esteem to be; to declare to be.
- To call; to name; to address.
- To command; to order.
- A fritter (with a fruit or vegetable filling).
- A Louisiana-style fried doughnut or fritter covered in powdered sugar.
- A loving look, an amorous glance.
- A person from Belgium or of Belgian descent.
- Of, from, or pertaining to Belgium or the Belgian people.
- A hypothetical extinct Indo-European language, supposed to have been spoken distinct from Celtic in late prehistory, in certain parts of what has become known as Gaul.
- country in Western Europe that has borders with the Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg and France.
- To light up; illuminate.
- To become lit up; shine up; dawn.
- Bellowing; the sound of a male deer during the rutting season
- A shivaree.
- A beating with a belt.
- A thorough defeat; a thrashing.
- A system of beltwork, as in a conveyor or other mechanical device.
- The material from which belts for machinery are made.
- Very good; exceptional
- The trade name for a type of rayon yarn. Fabrics made from this yarn are frequently used for presentation flags, and for lining high quality suits and coats. Bemberg silk is a less costly, and versatile, substitute for natural silk.
- To render dark; blacken.
- To overtake with night.
- To be caught out by oncoming night before reaching one's destination
- To darken
- A (or of that species) of native to the western inhabiting waters near the sea floor at depths of 10–128 metres (33–420 feet) and at latitudes of 36°–49° north, and reaching up to 38 centimetres (15 inches) in total length and up to 1 kilogram (2·2 pounds) in weight; .
- The rose fish, an edible red fish found in the North Atlantic, Sebastes norvegicus.
- The another North Atlantic fish
- To beset or surround with armed forces for the purpose of compelling to surrender, to lay siege to, beleaguer.
- To beleaguer, lay siege to, beset.
- to assail or ply, as with requests or demands.
- Describing one who bets or gambles.
- The act of placing a bet.
- Any marsupial of the genus Bettongia, closely related to kangaroos.
- That which one is bidden to do; a command.
- The act of placing a bid.
- A home.
- A building, especially an outbuilding.
- form of (coffee pot with strainer)
- Conceited, uppity.
- Either of two North American species of sheep, Ovis canadensis and Ovis dalli, having large, curving horns.
- The characteristic of being big.
- Being a bigot; biased; strongly prejudiced; forming opinions without just cause.
- Characteristic qualities of a bigot: (especially religious or racial) intolerant prejudice, opinionatedness, or fanaticism; fanatic intolerance.
- obstinate prejudice or opinionatedness
- A South African food categorized by strips of lean meat cured by salting and drying. Similar to American jerky.
- The study of all life or living matter.
- The living organisms of a particular region.
- The structure, function, and behavior of an organism or type of organism.
- The catching of birds; fowling
- A small spiny cactus of Mexico and the southwest United States that is sometimes cut into slices and candied.
- The act of accusing or assigning culpability to
- Any loud noise, such as from an elephant.
- Very fast.
- Sexually attractive.
- Of tremendous intensity or fervor; white-hot.
- Exceedingly angry.
- The act of something that blazes or burns.
- The roughest and cheapest sort of rubblework, in masonry.
- A hollow tube through which a dart or similar missile may be blown.
- The act of one who blows, or that which blows.
- An indigo material used as a laundry aid to counteract yellowing
- the apparatus used for blunging (mixing clay with water to make pottery)
- The total capacity of boats, as of lifeboats on a ship.
- Conveyance by boat.
- A charge for transporting goods by boat.
- The activity of going out onto a body of water in a boat.
- In Persia, a punishment of capital offenders, by laying them on the back in a covered boat, where they are left to perish.
- The motion of something that bobs.
- A coarse woollen fabric, used for floor cloths, to cover carpets, etc.
- A bogey: a ghost, goblin, or other hostile supernatural creature, especially a small local spirit haunting gloomy places or the scenes of violence.
- A bugbear: any terrifying thing.
- Any real or imagined thing which prompts a horse to boggle (take fright).
- An outhouse: an outbuilding used as a lavatory.
- One who boggles.
- Something puzzling or confusing.
- Land that is predominantly boggy; marshland.
- A member of a dualist Christian sect which flourished in the Balkans during the 10th to 15th centuries and was characterized by resistance to the state and church authorities.
- The dark, shiny wood of trees, especially oaks, dug up from peat bogs, sometimes used for making ornaments.
- The bilberry or whortleberry plant.
- The process of changing the state of a substance from liquid to gas by heating it to its boiling point.
- An animation style with constantly changing wavy outlines, giving a shimmering or wobbling appearance.
- That boils or boil.
- Extremely hot or active.
- Feeling uncomfortably hot.
- Very hot.
- A sifting, as of flour or meal.
- A private arguing of cases for practice by students, as in the Inns of Court.
- The action of dropping bombs from the air.
- The action of placing and detonating bombs.
- The state of being enslaved or the practice of slavery.
- The state of lacking freedom; constraint.
- The practice of tying people up for sexual pleasure.
- Applied to clothing with many buckles, zips, etc., associated with punk and goth subcultures.
- The act by which something is bonded.
- A method of aggregating multiple network interfaces on a computer into a single logical interface
- The act or process of writing something down in a book or books, e.g. in accounting.
- A reservation for a service, such as accommodation in an hotel.
- The engagement of a performer for a particular performance.
- The issuing of a caution which is usually written down in a book, and results in a yellow card or (after two bookings) a red card, that is to say, the player is sent from the field of play.
- The process of photographing, fingerprinting and recording identifying data of a suspect following arrest.
- A fee charged by the owner of a boom for its use in storing logs.
- A fee charged for the use of the area where a boom is tied.
- Experiencing a period of prosperity, or rapid economic growth.
- Loud and resonant.
- The act of producing a hollow or roaring sound.
- A kicking, as with a booted foot.
- Advantage; gain; gain by plunder; booty.
- to make, transport and/or sell illegal alcoholic liquor
- to make, transport and/or sell an illegal version or copy of a copyrighted product
- to engage in bootlegging
- The part of a boot that is above the instep
- An illegally produced, transported or sold product; contraband
- A remix or mashup that is a combination of two songs but that is authorized and audited for copyright use; prevalent in the electronic music scene
- A play in which the quarterback fakes a handoff, conceals the ball against his hip, and rolls out.
- illegally produced, transported or sold; pirated
- The act of drinking heavily.
- The base or servile tenure by which a bordar held his cottage.
- A place set with trees or mass of shrubbery, a grove or thicket.
- Mast-nuts of forest trees, used as food for pigs, or any such sustenance as wood and trees yield to cattle.
- Among painters, the term is used for a picture depicting a wooded scene.
- A tax on wood.
- A rough, unfinished stone block, which is left projecting from the wall of a building to be later sculpted.
- A boss; a projecting element.
- Bottarga; a cake or sausage made from salted mullet roe.
- Having (a specified kind of) boughs.
- A game played by rolling a ball down an alley and trying to knock over a triangular group of ten pins; ten-pin bowling
- Candlepin bowling.
- Any of several similar games played indoors or outdoors.
- The action of propelling the ball towards the batsman.
- A particular style of walking associated with urban street culture.
- The action of the verb bowl.
- Road bowling.
- A strap worn below the knee, especially by labourers, to keep the trousers up or to stop them stretching while bending.
- Invigorating or stimulating.
- A brace.
- A form of the military attention stance.
- A liquor made of fermented ale and honey with spices.
- The act of applying brakes.
- A squabble.
- To squabble.
- A breed of beef cattle.
- An act or sound of braying.
- A method of joining metals by using heat and a filler
- The production of alcoholic beverages, such as beer, by fermentation; the process of being brewed.
- The business or occupation of a brewer.
- The quantity of a brew made in a single batch.
- The forming of a storm or the gathering of clouds.
- Equipped with a bridge (in many contexts).
- A person who, or a thing which, brings something.
- To sniggle, or fish with a brog.
- To poke around, especially poke around in a hole with a stick.
- Having a brogue (accent).
- Shod with brogues (type of shoe).
- Decorated with brogueing.
- The act of a broker; brokerage.
- The craft or profession of a broker; mediation in a sale or transaction.
- The action of a broker agent; exchange of messages or transactions involving a software agent.
- The timber of various species of Guibourtia.
- The act or process of soaking or boiling cloth in an alkaline liquid in the operation of bleaching.
- The liquid used in this process.
- A washing.
- The process of breaking up or pulverizing ores.
- (of a quadruped) The act of bucking, or kicking both hind legs upward.
- Beginning to develop.
- The result of uniting a single scion bud with rootstock or bark.
- A small, young, or immature bud.
- Any of a class of toxic steroids found in bufotoxin.
- Material removed by the action of someone who buffs.
- Anal sex.
- Any sexual act deemed against nature, such as bestiality or necrophilia.
- A broken or damaged condition.
- An extreme condition.