Page 1 from 9
Total results: 9332
- To lower physically or depress; to stoop; to throw or cast down
- To lower, as in rank, office, condition in life, so as to hurt feelings or cause pain; to depress; to humiliate; to humble; to degrade.
- To lower in value, in particular as altering the content of alloys in coins.
- A diminutive of the female given name Abigail.
- On the beam; at a right angle to the centerline or keel of a vessel FM 55-501 Marine Crewman’s Handbook or aircraft; being at a bearing approximately 090 Degrees or 270 Degrees relative JP 1-02 Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms.
- Alongside or abreast; opposite the center of the side of the ship or aircraft.
- Alongside or abreast; opposite the center of the side of the ship or aircraft.
- To put up with; to endure.
- To bear; to carry.
- To behave; to comport oneself.
- Bearing, behavior.
- To go astray; to err.
- Distort; aberrate.
- Accept, comply or act in accordance.
- To wait in expectation.
- To pause; to delay.
- To stay; to continue in a place; to remain stable or fixed in some state or condition; to be left.
- To have one's abode; to dwell; to reside; to sojourn.
- To endure; to remain; to last.
- To stand ready for; to await for someone; watch for.
- To endure without yielding; to withstand; await defiantly; to encounter; to persevere.
- To endure or undergo a hard trial or a task; to stand up under.
- To await submissively; accept without question; submit to.
- To bear patiently; to tolerate; to put up with; stand.
- To pay for; to stand the consequences of; to answer for; to suffer for; to atone for.
- A small fresh-water fish (Alburnus alburnus); the bleak.
- Act of waiting; delay.
- Stay or continuance in a place; sojourn.
- A residence, dwelling or habitation.
- An omen; a foretelling.
- To bode; to foreshow; to presage.
- To be ominous.
- Physically over; on top of; worn on top of, as clothing.
- In or to a higher place; higher than; on or over the upper surface; — opposed to below or beneath.
- Farther north than.
- Rising; appearing out of reach height-wise.
- Figuratively, higher than; superior to in any respect; surpassing; higher in measure, degree, volume, or pitch, etc. than; out of reach; not exposed to; not likely to be affected by; incapable of negative actions or thoughts.
- Higher in rank, status, or position.
- In addition to; besides.
- Surpassing in number or quantity; more than
- In preference to.
- Too proud to stoop; averse to; disinclined; too honorable to give.
- Upstage of.
- Beyond; on the other side.
- Directly overhead; vertically on top of.
- Higher in the same page; earlier in the order as far as writing products go.
- Into or from heaven; in the sky.
- In a higher place; upstairs; farther upstream.
- Higher in rank, power, or position.
- In addition.
- More in number.
- Above zero; above freezing.
- On the upper half or the dorsal surface of an animal.
- Of heaven; heavenly.
- Being located higher on the same page or on a preceding page.
- Something, especially a person's name in legal documents, that appears higher on the same page or on a preceding page.
- Higher authority.
- betterment, raised status or condition.
- ABC; alphabet.
- Absey book; abecedary.
- An alphabetical acrostic list.
- Sour, bitter, and harsh to the taste, as unripe fruit.
- Sharp and harsh in expressing oneself.
- The full attention of one's sight, hearing or other senses, as directed towards a particular object.
- Marked by acne; suffering from acne.
- Owning or possessing many acres of land.
- An old saying which has obtained credit by long use
- An old saying which has been overused or considered a cliché; a trite maxim
- A diminutive of the female given names Adele, Adeline, Adelaide and Addison.
- To earn, earn by labor; earn money or one's living.
- To thrive or grow; to ripen.
- Having lost the power of development, and become rotten; putrid
- Unfruitful or confused; muddled.
- Liquid filth; mire.
- Lees; dregs.
- To make addle; to grow addle; to muddle; as, he addled his brain.
- To cause fertilised eggs to lose viability, by killing the developing embryo within through shaking, piercing, freezing or oiling, without breaking the shell.
- A foolish or dull-witted fellow.
- To revoke (a legacy, grant, etc.) or to satisfy it by some other gift.
- name; a rare variant of Adel.
- Soft or liquid animal fat.
- Well skilled; completely versed; thoroughly proficient
- One fully skilled or well versed in anything; a proficient
- A farewell, a goodbye; especially a fond farewell, or a lasting or permanent farewell.
- name transferred from the surname.
- Dozing, napping, asleep
- Dozing, napping, asleep
- sun-facing side of a mountain
- The goddess/personification of good health and the glow of health, one of the daughters of Asclepius.
- Short for one of the main belt asteroids.
- A local chapter of the Fraternal Order of Eagles.
- Aged; at the age of.
- to imbue with fear; to affright; to terrify.
- On fire (often metaphorically).
- A high tide in which the water rises to a given level, recedes, and then rises again.
- A low tide in which the water recedes to a given level, rises, and then recedes again.
- In ancient Roman construction, an earthwork; a mound; a raised work.
- Having the faculty of quick motion in the limbs; apt or ready to move; nimble;
- Characterised by quick motion
- Of or relating to a technique for iterative and incremental development of software involving collaboration between teams.
- The cover at the tip of a shoelace, to prevent it from fraying.
- A catkin.
- Wrong in the sense of awry, askew, amiss, or distorted.
- Wrong; askew.
- In ancient Greek music, tempo or pace; rhythmical movement.
- Melodic motion upward or downward by successive scale-steps: same as ductus in medieval music.
- A rigorous training regimen for Spartan men in preparation for army service.
- In or to the front; in advance; onward.
- In the direction one is facing or moving.
- In or for the future.
- At an earlier time.
- Having progressed more.
- In a heap; huddled together.
- name, variant of Ahmad.
- of Arabic origin.
- form; a tidal bore.
- Having been directed towards a target.
- One who aims; one who is responsible for aiming.
- Having been uttered or spoken of, such that certain persons are aware.
- Having been broadcast, such as on television or radio.
- A framework upon which laundry is aired; a clotheshorse.
- Having winglike extensions or parts; winged.
- A winged, reproductive form of several social insects.
- recently; lately; of late.
- name transferred back from the surname.
- A diminutive of the male given name Alexander.
- The first letter of the Proto-Canaanite alphabet, and its descendants in descended Semitic scripts, such as Phoenician Aleph Aramaic Syriac Hebrew and Arabic
- Of the Aleutian Islands, their inhabitants or their language.
- A member of the indigenous people of the Aleutian Islands of Alaska in the United States and of Kamchatka Krai in the Russia.
- A native or inhabitant of the Aleutian Islands.
- The language of the Aleutian Islands, related to Eskimo (Inupiaq and Yupik).
- A cauldron of boiling water into which an accused person plunged his forearm as a test of innocence or guilt.
- name or Alfonso, also used as a formal given name.
- A primitive, subconscious belieflike attitude which may contradict one's conscious beliefs.
- Having resemblance or similitude; similar; without difference.
- In the same manner, form, or degree; in common; equally.
- Having life; living; not dead
- In a state of action; in force or operation; unextinguished; unexpired; existent
- Exhibiting the activity and motion of many living beings; swarming; thronged; busy.
- Sprightly; lively; brisk.
- Having susceptibility; easily impressed; having lively feelings, as opposed to apathy; sensitive.
- out of all living creatues.
- A narrow street or passageway, especially one through the middle of a block giving access to the rear of lots or buildings.
- The area between the outfielders, the gap.
- An establishment where bowling is played; bowling alley.
- The extra area between the sidelines or tramlines on a tennis court that is used for doubles matches.
- A walk or passage in a garden or park, bordered by rows of trees or bushes.
- A passageway between rows of pews in a church.
- Any passage having the entrance represented as wider than the exit, so as to give the appearance of length.
- The space between two rows of compositors' stands in a printing office.
- A glass marble or taw.
- On which aloes are growing.
- By oneself, solitary.
- Apart from, or exclusive of, others.
- Considered separately.
- Without equal.
- Unique; rare; matchless.
- By oneself; apart from, or exclusive of, others; solo.
- Without outside help.
- A fish, the (Alosa alosa); the allice or allis.
- The (
- An extinct Penutian language spoken in the United States.
- To stupefy; to knock unconscious.
- To bewilder; to stupefy; to bring into a maze.
- To terrify, to fill with panic.
- To fill with wonder and surprise; to astonish, astound, surprise or perplex.
- To undergo amazement; to be astounded.
- Amazement, astonishment.
- Any of various parts of the Agave (or similar) plants, when used as soap
- Other Mexican and North American plants used as soap
- soap plant, a California native plant used for soap
- Large; great in size, extent, capacity, or bulk; spacious; roomy; widely extended.
- Fully sufficient; abundant; plenty
- Not contracted or brief; not concise; extended; diffusive
- To anoint; to give extreme unction to a wound with oil.
- On end; in an upright position.
- Right; continuously.
- Concerning, with regard to, about, in respect to, as to, insofar as, inasmuch as
- In the opinion or judgment of
- Against, in front of, fronting; before; opposite; over against, on the other side
- In a line with; side by side with; on a level with.
- A city/town in North Dakota.
- Characteristic of a crone or a feeble old woman.
- The skeletal joint which connects the foot with the leg; the uppermost portion of the foot and lowermost portion of the leg, which contain this skeletal joint.
- To walk.
- To cyclically angle the foot at the ankle while pedaling, to maximize the amount of work applied to the pedal during each revolution.
- An addition, an extension.
- An appendix.
- An addition or extension to a building.
- An addition to the territory of a country or state, from a neighbouring country or state, normally by military force.
- To add something to another thing; to incorporate.
- To attach or connect, as a consequence, condition, etc.
- To join; to be united.
- name. Also, a popular given name in the 19th century.
- Any of the Anolis genus of arboreal American lizards (such as the American chameleon) from the iguana family which feature a brightly colored dewlap and color-changing ability.
- One of the moons of Jupiter.
- Quickly, rapidly, with speed.
- In a vertical line, the cable having been sufficiently hove in to bring the ship over it.
- A place where apes are kept.
- The practice of aping; an apish action.
- The cessation of breathing.
- To tear up by the roots; to draw away.
- A Middle Eastern unit of volume used for agricultural crops.
- To soothsay, prophesy.
- To interpret; to explain.
- To advise, counsel.
- backward; in or to the rear; behindhand
- To raise; to set up; to stir up.
- In a reeking condition.
- Relating to division by area; relating to an attribute obtained by division by area.
- A palm tree (Arenga pinnata, syn. which yields sago, wine, and fibres for ropes.
- A native or resident of the state of Arkansas in the United States of America.
- Equipped, especially with a weapon.
- Prepared for use; loaded.
- Furnished with whatever serves to add strength, force, or efficiency.
- Having an arm or arms, often of a specified number or type.
- Possessing arms of a specified number or type.
- Coloured in a different tincture from the beast or bird itself.
- A type of mediaeval full-face helmet
- form of (old unit of measure)
- A Russian or Soviet craftsmen's collective.
- A large, shallow, oval dish used for serving food.
- An arch or ceiling of boards placed above the workers' heads in a mine.
- Noble; illustrious
- A chief or lord.
- A prince or noble.
- A kind of tamarisk native to northern Africa and the Middle East, planted widely elsewhere as a shade tree and a windbreak due to its tolerance of heat and of alkaline soils, but tending to become invasive outside of its native range.
- A thick drink or thin gruel made from cornmeal
- To run away; escape.
- To outrun.
- A priming tube connecting the charge chamber with the gallery, or place where the slow match is applied.
- A church.
- To turn aside or away.
- To ward off, or prevent, the occurrence or effects of.
- To turn away.
- To turn away.
- name, today often transferred back from the surname.
- name of modern usage.
- To survey, observe; to view.
- To abase or debase; to vilify; to depreciate.
- To call from or back again.
- Not asleep; conscious.
- Alert, aware.
- To become conscious after having slept.
- To cause (somebody) to stop sleeping.
- to excite or to stir up something latent.
- To rouse from a state of inaction or dormancy.
- To come out of a state of inaction or dormancy.
- Furnished with an awn, or long bristle-shaped tip; bearded.
- A device for cutting the awns from grain.
- Situated in the axis of anything; as an embryo which lies in the axis of a seed.
- A type of smokeless gunpowder
- Terminal branch of an axon
- Having (a specified number or kind of) axles.
- name, a new American spelling variant of Aidan.
- A town in North Carolina.
- A black bird with red feet and beak.
- Any of a class of organic compounds, having the general formula R2C=NN=CR2, produced by the action of a carbonyl compound with hydrazine.
- Any of a class of five-membered unsaturated heterocycles having three carbon atoms, one nitrogen atom and two double bonds
- A Mexica.
- A Nahua.
- The Nahuatl language.
- A city in New Mexico, USA
- Of or pertaining to the Mexica people.
- Of or pertaining to the Nahuas.
- Of or pertaining to the Nahuatl language.
- unleavened bread used in Jewish or Christian religious context
- (treated as a singular noun; plural babes) Alternative form of babe used as a term of endearment to a loved one.
- That has been cooked by baking.
- High on marijuana.
- A machine for creating bales, e.g., of hay or cotton.
- A person who creates bales, either by operating or feeding such a machine, or by creating the bales by hand.
- The perch; any of various marine and freshwater fish resembling the perch.
- The perineum of a man.
- Symbol Ba. A unit of pressure under the CGS system. 1 Ba = 0.1 Pa = 0.1 N/m2 = 1x10-6 bar
- Founded on; having a basis; often used in combining forms.
- Not caring what others think about his or her personality, style, or behavior; focused on maintaining individuality.
- Being derived from (usually followed by on or upon).
- Having a base
- Having a base of operations.
- A city in Switzerland.
- A city in Switzerland; spelling of
- Reduced; lowered; restrained
- Having a bay or bays.
- The shore of a body of water, especially when sandy or pebbly.
- A horizontal strip of land, usually sandy, adjoining water.
- The loose pebbles of the seashore, especially worn by waves; shingle.
- To run aground on a beach.
- To run (something) aground on a beach.
- Resembling beads; small, round, and gleaming.
- Bright and penetrating.
- Covered or ornamented with, or as if with, beads.
- Characterized by beads.
- Beaked: having a beak.
- Beak-like: resembling a beak.
- Having a nose which resembles a beak.
- (of a gesture) Made using a beak; (of a sound) produced through a beak.
- Resembling a beam in size and weight; massy.
- Having horns or antlers.
- Having much beam or breadth; wide.
- Showing or emitting rays of light; beaming; radiant; shining.
- Radiant; beamsome; joyous; gladsome.
- A beanfeast; any noisy celebration, a party.
- Any home-made gas or indigestion remedy.
- pills; drugs in pill form
- Resembling or characteristic of beans.
- To bathe (with warm liquid); foment.
- To dry or heat (unseasoned) wood for the purpose of straightening it.
- Something or someone that is physically attractive.
- Something that is a remarkable example of its type.
- To put a bar around; bar about; debar.
- To bay around or about; embay; hem in; surround.
- An early form of modern jazz played by small groups and featuring driving rhythms and complex, often dissonant harmonies.
- To participate in bebop jazz, such as by dancing in a way associated with the genre
- A placeholder name used to refer to a (usually white) woman held in contempt by the speaker.
- To cry about; cry over; lament; bemourn.
- To accuse.
- To bewitch.
- To cut about; cut around; cut up; cut off; sever.
- An administrative official at universities in several European countries, often with a policiary function at the time when universities had their own jurisdiction over students.
- To make wet with or as if with dew.
- To make dim; to obscure or darken.
- to refer to or treat like a dog; to follow like a dog, harass, torment; bully
- to become or behave as a dog
- A thin, often flavored, Indian cigarette made of tobacco wrapped in a tendu leaf.
- Similar to, or tasting like beef.
- Containing beef.
- Strong or muscular.
- Sturdy; robust.
- A beef; a beef creature.
- To envelop in fog.
- To confuse; mystify.
- To cover or clothe with fur.
- An element of a lineage, especially of a lineage given in the Bible
- To adorn (as if) with gems
- To cause; to produce.
- To father; to sire; to produce (a child).
- To happen to; befall.
- To exalt to the dignity of a god; to deify.
- Any of various herbs and plants of the genera Limonium, Centaurea, Silene, etc.
- To carve; adorn; embellish.
- A place of shelter; protection; refuge.
- A living creature.
- The state or fact of existence, consciousness, or life, or something in such a state.
- That which has actuality (materially or in concept).
- One's basic nature, or the qualities thereof; essence or personality.
- An abode; a cottage.
- Given that; since.
- A freshman at a Scottish university.
- Endemic syphilis, a chronic disease of skin and tissue caused by infection by a subspecies of the spirochete Treponema pallidum.
- To wrap or lap around; surround; envelope.
- To lie around; encompass.
- To surround; beleaguer.
- To tell lies about; to slander.
- To give a false representation of, to misrepresent.
- To contradict, to show (something) to be false.
- To be shown false by contradicting (something) that is true; to conceal the contradictory or ironic presence of (something).
- To show, evince, demonstrate: to show (something) to be present, particularly something deemed contradictory or ironic.
- To mimic; to counterfeit.
- To fill with lies.
- The abdomen, especially a fat one.
- The stomach.
- The womb.
- The lower fuselage of an airplane.
- The part of anything which resembles the human belly in protuberance or in cavity; the innermost part.
- The hollow part of a curved or bent timber, the convex part of which is the back.
- To position one’s belly; to move on one’s belly.
- To swell and become protuberant; to bulge or billow.
- To cause to swell out; to fill.
- To furnish or fill with men; man.
- To mar about or all over; injure seriously.
- To mix around or about; mingle.
- To cover, bespatter, or befoul with mud.
- To confuse; muddle.
- A condition of bubbles in the blood which sometimes occurs during ascent.
- The thickest and strongest planks in a wooden ship's side, wales.
- Having the ability to be bent easily.
- Of a person, flexible; having the ability to bend easily.
- Containing many bends and twists.
- Of a vehicle, articulated.
- Divided into diagonal bands of colour
- A field divided diagonally into several bends, varying in metal and colour.
- A diminutive of the male given name Benjamin.
- Abounding in bents, or the stalks of coarse, stiff, withered grass.
- Resembling bent.
- A river in Cameroon and Nigeria, the major tributary of the Niger River.
- To beat upon (as on a drum); patter upon.
- To make foul; befoul; soil.
- A fixed bunk for sleeping in (caravans, trains, etc).
- Room for maneuvering or safety. (Often used in the phrase a wide berth.)
- A space for a ship to moor or a vehicle to park.
- A room in which a number of the officers or ship's company mess and reside.
- A job or position, especially on a ship.
- Position or seed in a tournament bracket.
- position on the field of play
- to bring (a ship or vehicle) into its berth
- to assign a berth (bunk or position) to
- To look at; see; mind; regard; favour.
- To look to; see to; attend to; care for; take care of; provide for; treat; arrange.
- To look about oneself; look to oneself.
- To surround or hem in.
- To attack, especially from all sides.
- To decorate something with jewels etc.
- Of a ship, to get trapped by ice.
- To sit around; sit about; besiege.
- To sit upon.
- To sit properly upon, as clothes; to suit; become.
- A broom made from a bundle of twigs tied onto a shaft.
- A troublesome woman
- To sweep.
- To muddle, stupefy, or act foolishly; as with alcoholic liquor or infatuation.
- To send spies to; beset with espionage.
- A bird of prey of southern Asia, Accipiter virgatus.
- name; today more often spelled Bessie.
- To furnish with a tag; deck with tags.
- A diminutive form of the female given name Elizabeth.
- A portion of plate armour to protect the lower face and the neck, typically in two parts, called upper bevor and lower bevor.
- Alcoholic beverage.
- To drink alcohol.
- To wet or moisten profusely.
- To furnish or cover with a wig; put a wig on.
- To bequeath.
- To endue or impart wit (to); instruct.
- A double slip of leather by which bells are fastened to a hawk's legs.
- The sloping edge or face on a cutting tool.
- The oblique side or face of a cut gem; especially the upper faceted portion of a brilliant (diamond), which projects from its setting.
- The rim and flange which encompasses and fastens a jewel or other object, such as the crystal of a watch, in the cavity in which it is set; the collet.
- The panel that covers the front of a computer case, or the panel covering each drive bay that can be removed to install a removable drive that requires external access, such as a CD/DVD-ROM drive, which usually has its own preinstalled bezel.
- Upper arm muscle which bends the elbow. Usage note: Certain authors spell the singular of this word biceps.
- Boldness, courage; confidence; a feeling of security, assurance.
- Resource, help, relief; a means of help or relief; support; sustenance.
- Shelter, refuge or protection.
- A place of shelter, a refuge.
- To make bold, give courage or confidence to.
- To defend, protect or shelter.
- A person whose lifestyle is centered on motorcycles, sometimes a member of an outlaw motorcycle club.
- A motorcyclist who is a member of a club; a biker.
- A short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- A rapid and excessive consumption of food.
- To engage in a short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- Any carbohydrate having two carbon atoms; in reality - glycolaldehyde
- An animal, being or construction that goes about on two feet (or two legs).
- Agent noun of bite; someone or something who bites.
- A stone that barely touches the outside of the house.
- One who copies someone else's work, style or techniques, especially in hip-hop.
- Something monstrous or portentous; a shocking sight; sorry spectacle; disgraceful thing.
- A loud sound.
- Dazzling, often garish, brilliance.
- To make a loud sound.
- To cause to sound like the blare of a trumpet; to proclaim loudly.
- Bashful, sheepish.
- Dull, stupid.
- Without color; pale; pallid.
- Desolate and exposed; swept by cold winds.
- Unhappy; cheerless; miserable; emotionally desolate.
- A small European river fish (Alburnus alburnus), of the family Cyprinidae.
- dim, unclear from water or rheum.
- Causing or caused by dimness of sight.
- To be blear; to have blear eyes; to look or gaze with blear eyes.
- To make blurred or dim (of the eyes or eyesight).
- To blur, make blurry (of an image).
- The characteristic cry of a sheep or a goat.
- Of a sheep or goat, to make its characteristic cry.
- Of a person, to complain.
- To lose blood through an injured blood vessel.
- To let or draw blood from.
- To take large amounts of money from.
- To steadily lose (something vital).
- To spread from the intended location and stain the surrounding cloth or paper.
- To remove air bubbles from a pipe containing fluids.
- To bleed on; to make bloody.
- To show one's group loyalty by showing (its associated color) in one's blood.
- To lose sap, gum, or juice.
- To issue forth, or drop, like blood from an incision.
- To destroy the environment where another phonological rule would have applied.
- An incident of bleeding, as in haemophilia.
- A narrow edge around a page layout, to be printed but cut off afterwards (added to allow for slight misalignment, especially with pictures that should run to the edge of the finished sheet).
- The situation where sound is picked up by a microphone from a source other than that which is intended.
- A brief high-pitched sound, as from some electronic device.
- Something named by an explicit noun in the original, unedited version of the containing sentence.
- A broad genre of electronic music with goth and industrial influences, as opposed to traditional gothic rock.
- To emit one or more bleeps.
- To edit out inappropriate spoken language in a broadcast by replacing offending words with bleeps.
- To blink.
- To shine
- To look.
- The plant
- Any of various plants in the genus Chenopodium.
- Any of various plants in the genus Atriplex.