Page 1 from 8
Total results: 7975
- Humbled; lowered, especially in rank, position, or prestige.
- Borne lower than usual, as a fess; also, having the ends of the wings turned downward towards the point of the shield. 1976
- Islamic act of washing parts of the body using water for ritual prayers and for handling and reading the Qur'an; of
- To draw; to conduct away; to take away; to withdraw; to draw to a different part; to move a limb out away from the center of the body;abduct.
- To draw a conclusion, especially in metanalysis; to deduce.
- To take away by force; to carry away (a human being) wrongfully and usually with violence or deception; to kidnap.
- To draw away, as a limb or other part, from its ordinary position; to move similar parts apart.
- One who abides, or continues.
- One who dwells or stays; a resident.
- To be unlike; to differ.
- Away from the oral opening or mouth (compare with ventral)
- To be full to overflowing.
- To be wealthy.
- To be highly productive.
- To be present or available in large numbers; to be plentiful.
- To revel in.
- To be copiously supplied;
- To rub or wear off; erode.
- To wear down or exhaust, as a person; irritate.
- To irritate by rubbing; chafe.
- To cause the surface to become more rough.
- To undergo abrasion.
- To wrench (something) out.
- To wake up.
- To spring, start, make a sudden movement.
- To shout out.
- To rise in the stomach with nausea.
- At large; widely; broadly; over a wide space.
- Without a certain confine; outside the house; away from one's abode.
- Beyond the bounds of a country; in foreign countries.
- Before the public at large; throughout society or the world; here and there; moving without restriction.
- Not on target; astray; in error; confused; dazed.
- Played elsewhere than one's home grounds.
- Countries or lands abroad.
- Throughout, over.
- Upon a brood; on a hatch.
- Upon a brood; hatching eggs.
- Having been a victim of some form of abuse, most commonly child abuse or domestic violence.
- Overused; used profligately or in excess.
- A ancient city in Egypt with archaeological interest.
- A city in Asia Minor at the Hellespont.
- Any parasitic arachnid, such as mites and ticks, of the subclass Acarina.
- Of or pertaining to acarids.
- To set on fire; to kindle.
- Agreement or concurrence of opinion, will, or action.
- A harmony in sound, pitch and tone; concord.
- Agreement or harmony of things in general.
- An agreement between parties in controversy, by which satisfaction for an injury is stipulated, and which, when executed, prevents a lawsuit.
- An international agreement.
- Voluntary or spontaneous impulse to act.
- To make to agree or correspond; to suit one thing to another; to adjust.
- To bring (people) to an agreement; to reconcile, settle, adjust or harmonize.
- To agree or correspond; to be in harmony.
- To agree in pitch and tone.
- To grant as suitable or proper; to concede or award.
- To give consent.
- To arrive at an agreement.
- Having a pH less than 7, or being sour, or having the strength to neutralize alkalis, or turning a litmus paper red.
- Containing a high percentage of silica; opposed to basic.
- Of or relating to acid; having the character of an acid.
- An isolated point not upon a curve, but whose coordinates satisfy the equation of the curve so that it is considered as belonging to the curve.
- A special ward in Tokyo that is surrounded by (clockwise from north) Saitama Prefecture, Katsushika, Sumida, Arakawa, and Kita special wards
- Of, relating to, or resembling the Biblical character Adam.
- Any member of the Adapidae.
- A fine cotton cloth of India.
- An atom that lies on a crystal surface
- To adjudge; to try, test.
- To deem; think; judge; esteem; account; determine; be of an opinion.
- Any one of two or more numbers or other terms that are to be added together.
- A moiety added to another molecule.
- To furnish with an addendum.
- To furnish with an addend.
- A person who is addicted, especially to a harmful drug
- An adherent or fan (of something)
- To cause someone to become addicted, especially to a drug
- To involve oneself in something habitually, to the exclusion of almost anything else.
- To adapt; to make suitable; to fit.
- Bad, rotten; inviable, containing a dead embryo.
- Confused; mixed up.
- Morbid, corrupt, putrid, or barren. Webster’s Dictionary 1828 edition
- To bring forward or offer, as an argument, passage, or consideration which bears on a statement or case; to cite; to allege.
- To draw towards a center or a middle line.
- The product of an addition reaction
- The univalent radical derived from adenine
- The division or defective coherence of an organ that is usually whole.
- To exhort; to advise.
- To set in order; to array.
- Pertaining to, or derived from, fatty or oily substances; applied to certain acids obtained from fats by the action of nitric acid.
- Of, or derived from adipic acid.
- The univalent radical obtained by removing the only one hydroxyl group from adipic acid
- Any of a group of solar deities, the sons of Aditi and Kashyapa.
- name used in India.
- To be in contact or connection with.
- To extend an algebraic object (e.g. a field, a ring etc.) by adding to it (an element not belonging to it) and all finite power series of (the element).
- To modify.
- To improve or rectify.
- To settle an insurance claim.
- To change to fit circumstances.
- Without ads (advertising).
- That part of society that is influenced by mass media advertising.
- To move or conduct to or toward.
- Linked or fused to something unlike itself.
- Growing with one side adherent to a stem; applied to the lateral zooids of corals and other compound animals. in fish, having the eyes fused and unable to rotate independently
- The appendages of an organ.
- an adjective used as a noun (sensu stricto), an absolute adjective
- an adjective
- Of or pertaining to Adonis.
- Very beautiful or handsome; physically perfect.
- having a dactyl followed by either a spondee or a trochee.
- A verse consisting of a dactyl and spondee.
- At the door; of the door.
- Located near the mouth.
- Full of dread; fearful.
- Floating at random.
- Absent from his watch.
- Behind one's opponents, or below a required threshold in terms of score, number or position.
- In a drifting condition; at the mercy of wind and waves.
- Deft, dexterous, or skillful.
- To accumulate on a surface, by adsorption
- To transport something by advection
- To accede or to come to; to be superadded to, to be added to something or become a part of it, though inessential.
- An advertisement, an ad.
- To turn attention.
- To call attention, refer; construed with to.
- An opinion recommended or offered, as worthy to be followed; counsel.
- Deliberate consideration; knowledge.
- Information or news given; intelligence;
- In commercial language, information communicated by letter; used chiefly in reference to drafts or bills of exchange
- Counseling to perform a specific illegal act.
- In aspect-oriented programming, the code whose execution is triggered when a join point is reached.
- To give advice to; to offer an opinion, as worthy or expedient to be followed.
- To give information or notice to; to inform or counsel; — with before the thing communicated.
- To consider, to deliberate.
- To look at, watch; to see.
- information; advice; intelligence.
- An advice boat, dispatch boat.
- To summon or call (to a higher tribunal).
- A Northwest Caucasian language spoken in the Republic of Adygea, in the Russian Federation.
- A Northwest Caucasian language spoken in the Republic of Adygea, in the Russian Federation, also known as West Circassian.
- The innermost sanctuary or shrine in ancient temples, whence oracles were given.
- A private chamber; a sanctum.
- Relating to, or characteristic of mosquitos of the genus Aedes
- A sea slug of the suborder .
- To incur, stand, or bear without serious detriment, as an act which might under other circumstances be injurious;—with an auxiliary, as can, could, might, etc.; to be able or rich enough.
- To offer, provide, or supply, as in selling, granting, expending, with profit, or without loss or too great injury.
- To give forth; to supply, yield, or produce as the natural result, fruit, or issue.
- To give, grant, or confer, with a remoter reference to its being the natural result; to provide; to furnish.
- Away (from the home or starting point, physical or conceptual); usually preceded by far (or farther, further).
- On the field.
- Out in the open.
- Impressed with fear or apprehension; in fear.
- regretful, sorry
- A member of a Pashtun tribe.
- Any of the family Agamidae of lizards, including many dragons.
- Gazing with astonishment; amazed.
- A follower of the Ahmadiyya religion (sometimes labelled a denomination of Islam).
- helpful, assisting
- Helpful, assisting, providing aid.
- An army medical corpsman attached to a field unit.
- A spiritual leader in Persia and parts of Central Asia.
- Any of a class of monosaccharides having an aldehyde or hemiacetal functional group.
- Resembling, or characteristic of algae
- A wing-footed animal; a chiropter or a bat.
- Wing-footed; having a membrane connecting the digits.
- To refer to something indirectly or by suggestion.
- An old liquid measure.
- a pear-shaped pot with an opening at each end, formerly used for sublimation.
- Overwhelmed, confused.
- Astonished; confounded with fear, surprise, or wonder; greatly surprised. The following adposition may be: at, with or by.
- An important daily prayer that is said while standing.
- Characteristic of an amide.
- Starch modified by heat so as to become a transparent mass, like horn. It is soluble in cold water.
- The hydrochloride of the amino-phenol 2,4-diaminophenol, used as a photographic developer.
- In the midst or middle of; surrounded or encompassed by; among.
- One of a pair of chemosensory sense organs positioned laterally on the head of a nematode
- Pleasurably entertained.
- Displaying amusement.
- Enjoying humor aspects (of something).
- A headband, especially a garland of flowers.
- The capital of Chukotka autonomous okrug, extreme north-eastern Russia
- Of or pertaining to the Andes mountains in South America.
- Someone from the Andes.
- A state in India between 1953 and 1956, formed from Madras Presidency. It was later merged with Telangana and formed Andhra Pradesh.
- The first Apostle in the New Testament.
- A village in Alberta, Canada
- A city in Iowa
- An unincorporated community in West Virginia
- In Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome, the apartment reserved for males, in the lower part of the house.
- An island of the Cyclades, Greece.
- An island in the Bahamas.
- Arranged so as to form an angle.
- Forming an angle of a particular type.
- Any member of the Anguidae.
- Any member of the Anilidae.
- Having some specific type of ankle.
- Relating to the anode.
- Relating to an anode.
- The realm or world of ants; ants collectively.
- The state or essence of an ant.
- The Barbary sheep, Ammotragus lervia.
- The quality or state of being an ape.
- Apes, taken collectively.
- without feet or foot-like body parts; legless
- To hang or attach to, as by a string, so that the thing is suspended;
- To add, as an accessory to the principal thing; to annex
- To write more data to the end of a pre-existing file, string, or other non-constant data type.
- An instance of writing more data to the end of an existing file.
- Any member of the family the flat bugs.
- Any of a class of strong, heat-resistant synthetic fibres, used in aerospace and military applications.
- A row of arches.
- A covered passage, usually with shops on both sides.
- An establishment that runs coin-operated games.
- A poetic term for Arcadia, an ancient region of Greece with a tradition of rural, bucolic innocence.
- Any member of the family Ardeidae, the herons, egrets and bitterns.
- Full of ardor; fervent, passionate.
- Burning; glowing; shining.
- Of or relating to an Argand lamp, a lamp with a hollow circular wick.
- Defining a circle or closed curve containing a thing.
- Following the perimeter of a specified area and returning to the starting point.
- Following a path which curves near an object, with the object on the inside of the curve.
- Near; in the vicinity of.
- At various places in.
- Alive; existing.
- From place to place.
- From one state or condition to an opposite or very different one; with a metaphorical change in direction; bringing about awareness or agreement.
- Partially or completely rotated, including to face in the opposite direction.
- To please; to gratify.
- even; not odd; said of elementary substances and radicals whose valence is divisible by two without a remainder.
- To move upward, to fly, to soar.
- To slope in an upward direction.
- To go up.
- To succeed.
- To rise; to become higher, more noble, etc.
- The realm of the Æsir gods.
- A port on the Mediterranean coast of Israel
- Any member of the Asilidae.
- To surpass or outdo in counsel.
- To listen to (something or someone); to pay attention to; regard; heed.
- To listen (
- To turn one's consideration ( to deal with (a task, problem, concern etc.), to look after.
- To wait upon as a servant etc.; to accompany to assist (someone).
- To be present at (an event or place) in order to take part in some action or proceedings; to regularly go to (an event or place).
- To go to (a place) for some purpose (with
- To be present with; to accompany; to be united or consequent to.
- To wait for; to await; to remain, abide, or be in store for.
- An English topographic surname for someone who lived near a wood.
- A small city in Kansas, USA
- A song or poem greeting or evoking the dawn.
- A morning love song; a song of lovers parting in the morning.
- A person whose mental imagery consists of sounds.
- Pertaining to hearing.
- The action of comprehending and retaining the information in speech that is heard, as opposed to merely hearing it or listening to it.
- A quantity to which another is added.
- Any anion of gold; any salt containing such an anion.
- A tetrameric protein produced in the oviducts of birds, reptiles and amphibians and deposited in the whites of their eggs.
- In an avid manner; greedily; eagerly.
- openly acknowledged
- positively stated
- asserted under oath, or vow
- An Indo-Aryan language, usually considered a dialect of Hindi, spoken in India and Nepal.
- A native or inhabitant of Awadh in India.
- Of an azure color; sky-blue.
- Spoiled or coddled.
- Put on one's back; killed; rendered dead.
- Having specified type of back.
- Having specified type of backing.
- A Dravidian language spoken primarily in the Nilgri Hills of southern India.
- The indigenous people of the Nilgri Hills of southern India.
- A person of bad character in a work of fiction; in a western he will typically wear a black hat.
- Illicium verum, an evergreen Chinese shrub of the magnolia family, with aromatic seeds; Chinese anise; star anise.
- A violence-prone man who has had run-ins with the law; especially one from the Old West days of U.S. history.
- Having been placed in a bag.
- Having been caught or successfully hunted.
- Covered with baize.
- In the southwestern US, a slope, specifically part of a piedmont slope made of rocky detritus.
- Somebody who is bald.
- The bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus).
- A fish, the baldchin groper.
- A kind of narrative poem, adapted for recitation or singing; especially, a sentimental or romantic poem in short stanzas.
- A slow romantic song.
- To make mention of in ballads.
- To compose or sing ballads.
- Marked with bands of colour.
- An Irish measure of two feet in length.
- A dog that has been tied up; a mastiff or other kind of guard dog.
- Specifically, a type of large, ferocious dog bred by crossing American pit bull terriers with Neapolitan mastiffs.
- A bailiff or prison guard.
- Disposal; control; licence.
- Piled high.
- Of a cheque, deposited in a bank.
- Forbidden; not allowed.
- Having barbs
- Bearded (also applied to roses, referring to the leaves between the petals).
- Accoutered with defensive armor; barded.
- Accoutered with defensive armor
- Wearing rich caparisons.
- Of or pertaining to bards.
- A bardic circle or competition: a gathering or contest at which stories, poems, and/or songs are recited.
- A minor poet or bard; used as a self-deprecatory epithet by Robert Burns.
- Rude and insolent; bolshie.
- The edible larva of an insect.
- A tall hat resembling a dunce cap.
- Having bars; striped.
- Having been cooked by basting.
- Any ray or skate of the superorder Batoidea
- The practice of procuring women for the gratification of lust.
- Illicit intercourse; fornication.
- Obscenity; filthy, unchaste language.
- Made from, or decorated with, beads.
- Having formed in beads or a bead-like shape.
- One who makes decorative beading.
- Furnished with beams or timbers.
- Furnished with beams, as the head of a stag.
- Manly, masculine.
- A bearded person or animal:
- A bearded person; used to identify members of a group or class who can be identified by the wearing of beards.
- A bearded dragon.
- A bearded collie.
- Any of several kinds of fish; a loach.
- Clothed about; clad.
- To befool; make a fool of.
- To confound or stupefy.
- To damn or curse roundly or with iteration and emphasis; damn all over.
- To make damp; dampen.
- To dash against.
- To bespatter with liquid or powder.
- To ruin or obliterate.
- To smear upon; to soil.
- To ornament garishly; to overdecorate.
- To cause to become dazed.
- Agent noun of bed; one who beds.
- A bedmaker; a maid.
- To deck, ornament, or adorn; to grace.
- As a single unit or body; together.
- In order; one after another; in single file.
- Immediately; forthwith; quickly; straightway; anon; soon; early on; by and by.
- To cover or defile with dirt.
- An instrument for tightening the parts of a bedstead.
- A place or situation of chaotic uproar, and where confusion prevails.
- An insane person; a lunatic; a madman.
- A lunatic asylum; a madhouse.
- A pan used for urination and defecation while in bed, now usually for reasons of medical necessity or convenience.
- A bedridden person; a helpless cripple.
- To drip about or all over; drip onto (something).
- A band of harvesters.
- A crowd.
- To cover with drops; to splash or spatter.
- To drug abundantly or excessively.
- A form of rented accommodation consisting of a single room for use as both sitting room and bedroom; there may also be a small kitchen area and washing and toilet facilities, but these may be shared.
- To duck or immerse thoroughly; submerge.
- To make a duke.
- To behave or dress as a duke.
- To make or render dumb, or mute.
- To cover with dung or manure.
- To bedaub or defile.
- The state or essence of being a bee.
- To find; discover.
- To invent; contrive.
- To be found; be.
- To gild; to cover with gold.
- To bind with a band or girdle.
- To encircle, surround, as with a gird; inclose; encompass.
- To remove the head; cut someone's head off.
- At the back of; positioned with something else in front of.
- To the back of.
- After, time- or motion-wise.
- responsible for
- In support of.
- Left a distance by, in progress or improvement; inferior to.
- At the back part; in the rear.
- Toward the back part or rear; backward.
- Overdue, in arrears.
- Slow; of a watch or clock.
- existing afterwards
- Backward in time or order of succession; past.
- Behind the scenes in a theatre; backstage.
- Not yet brought forward, produced, or exhibited to view; out of sight; remaining.
- the rear, back-end
- butt, the buttocks, bottom
- A one-point score.
- The catcher.
- In the Eton College field game, any of a group of players consisting of two "shorts" (who try to kick the ball over the bully) and a "long" (who defends the goal).
- To see, or to look at.
- To load with praise; praise greatly; extol.
- Having bells (especially around the neck of an animal)
- To apply the title Lord to.
- To address by the phrase "my lord".
- To domineer over; lord over.
- (of a garment) Fitted with a belt.
- Wearing a belt.
- (of breeds of cattle) Characterized by a white band around the body.
- To ride around; beset with horsemen.
- To ride beside or by the side of.
- To ride upon; infest.
- Next to; at the side of.
- Not relevant to.
- Besides; in addition to.
- otherwise; else
- To set with or as with studs; adorn with bosses.
- To happen to.
- To happen; to take place; to bechance or befall.
- To turn; turn around.
- Further away than.
- On the far side of.
- Later than; after.
- Greater than; so as to exceed or surpass.
- In addition to.
- Past, or out of reach of.
- Farther along or away.
- In addition; more.
- extremely, more than
- The unknown.
- The hereafter.
- Something that is far beyond.
- Having two hydrogen atoms that can be replaced by negative atoms or radicals to form salts.
- exhibiting bias; prejudiced
- angled at a slant
- (electrical engineering) on which an electrical bias is applied
- (Statistics) exhibiting a systematic distortion of results due to a factor not allowed for in its derivation.
- Someone who bids, e.g. at an auction
- A diminutive of the female given name Bridget.
- A surname of Scottish origin.
- A form of spear having two prongs
- Name given to a wise philosopher in traditional fables.
- Sheltered from the weather; affording shelter.
- twofold, double
- A door, window, shutter, or divider consisting of two equal panels hinged together so that it opens by folding the panels against each other.
- A sheet of paper or cardboard folded in half along a crease down the center.
- A wallet, billfold, or carrying case with a single fold, so that it opens like a book.
- A crease or turn that causes something to double back on itself.
- Having a specified kind of bill (beak or beak-like projection).
- name="OED1"/> Any given length of cord, rope, twine, etc, used to bind something.
- A bundle carried by a hobo (usually containing his possessions), often on a stick slung over the shoulder; a blanket roll.
- Any bundle or package; specifically one containing narcotics such as cocaine, heroin, or morphine.
- A double point of a surface whose tangent cone consists of two different planes.
- A birdwatcher.
- A person who hunts birds.
- Having a blade; having the specified number of blades.
- of (intensifier).
- Under the influence of marijuana, usually at a relatively high dose.
- The act of bludging.
- Easy work.
- To live off the earnings of a prostitute.
- To not earn one's keep, to live off someone else or off welfare when one could be working.
- To avoid one's responsibilities; to leave it to others to perform duties that one is expected to perform.
- To do nothing, to be idle, especially when there is work to be done.
- To take some benefit and give nothing in return.
- A storehouse for maturing wine, a winery.
- A store specializing in Hispanic groceries.
- Any convenience store.
- A woodworker in the traditional style characterised by the use of hand tools, a pole lathe and use of green timber.
- One who works in a rough and ready, slipshod manner.
- A member of a 1950s rock subculture; a male member of the subculture.
- A sleeveless shirt for women, sometimes provided with detachable sleeves.
- Blouse; any shirt for women, particularly the upper part of a two-piece dress or European folk costume.
- The upper portion of a women's one-piece dress, equivalent to a shirt.
- Underbodice: an undershirt for women, particularly a corset or other undershirt stiffened with whalebone.
- Having a specified form of body.
- Having a bodily form; corporeal or incarnate.
- An omen, a prediction of disaster, a portent.
- Portending, ominous.
- a town in Cornwall, England.
- Stuck; unable to progress; having been bogged down.
- Cooked in boiling water.
- Having reached the boiling point.
- To make bold; to embolden.
- In a bold manner; with confidence.
- An extremely bright meteor
- Any extraterrestrial body that collides with Earth
- A fireball
- intoxicated; drunk or high
- Having boobs (breasts) of a specified kind.
- A hobgoblin.
- A species of bettong.
- Money, especially when acquired or spent illegally or improperly; swag.
- The whole collection or lot; caboodle.
- Wearing a boot or boots.
- A person ranking below villeins and above serfs in the social hierarchy of a manor, holding just enough land to feed a family (about 5 acres) and required to provide labour on the demesne on specified days of the week.
- A Cajun sausage originating in Southern Louisiana made from rice, ground pork (occasionally crawfish), and spices in sausage casing.
- Describing the method of being dismissed in which the ball is bowled, and it hits and breaks the batsman's wicket.
- Having braces or similar supports.
- a rare spelling variant of Bradley.
- A style of hair in which the hair is interweaved into thin locks.
- The first shoots of grass or crops.
- Apt or ready to breed, produce; breeding readily; prolific
- An ancient French breed of sturdy, rough-coated dogs.
- A wedding feast or festival; a wedding.
- Of or pertaining to a bride, or to wedding; nuptial.
- The headgear with which a horse is directed and which carries a bit and reins.
- A restraint; a curb; a check.
- A length of line or cable attached to two parts of something to spread the force of a pull, as the rigging on a kite for attaching line.
- A mooring hawser.
- A piece in the interior of a gunlock which holds in place the tumbler, sear, etc.
- To put a bridle on.
- To check, restrain, or control with, or as if with, a bridle; as in bridle your tongue.
- To show hostility or resentment.
- The goddess of the Sacred Flame of Kildare and the patron goddess of the Druids. Daughter of Dagda of the Tuatha Dé Danann.
- Brigid of Kildare (c.451-521), an Irish saint partly confused with the goddess.
- name sometimes borrowed from Irish. English form: Bridget.
- (Poultry) A female bird which is in the condition to incubate eggs; a broody hen, duck, etc.
- (Of birds) sitting persistently and protectively on a nest, in order to hatch eggs (eg, 'a broody hen').
- (Of any creature or person) acting interested in raising young.
- Covered in buboes.
- A transpersonal faculty of mind higher than the rational mind that might be translated as ‘intuitive intelligence’ or simply ‘higher mind’. It is ‘that which knows’, ie. able to discern truth from falsehood.
- An apparatus on which crushed ore is washed.
- To use a buddle.
- A little bud springing from a parent bud.
- Containing a bug
- (of software, website, feature, etc) Affected by a bug.
- Ornamented with bugles.
- Shaped like a bulb.
- a type of surfboat used in India
- a unit of measurement for land area used in the Low Countries
- Placed in a grave at a burial.
- Concealed, hidden.
- Very tired; exhausted.
- Having a certain type of bust
- Broke; having no money.
- Caught in the act of doing something one shouldn't do.
- Extremely ugly.
- Having a butt or backside (of a specified kind).
- Slightly intoxicated.
- A road less frequented than a highway; a byway.
- A proverb or proverbial expression, common saying; a frequently used word or phrase.
- A characteristic word or expression; a word or phrase associated with a person or group.
- Someone or something that stands as an example (i.e. metonymically) for something else, by having some of that something's characteristic traits.
- An object of notoriety or contempt, scorn or derision.
- A nickname or epithet.
- A lightweight freestanding rack designed to hold accessories.
- A lightweight wheeled cart, often fitted with shelves or racks.
- A small box usually used for tea
- form of (Scottish errand boy)
- A golfer's assistant and adviser.
- To serve as a golf caddie.
- A small tray with a handle and compartments for holding items.
- A small wheeled cart attached to a bicycle and used as a conveyance for a child.
- A tea caddy.
- The larva of a caddis fly. They generally live in cylindrical cases, open at each end, and covered externally with debris.
- A rough woolen cloth; caddice.
- A kind of worsted lace or ribbon.