Page 1 from 4
Total results: 3481
- a condition of demographic balance where population remains constant over time.
- The capital of the Western Province, Solomon Islands
- The second-largest city in Austria, and the capital of the federal state of Styria.
- A roundlet of the sanguine tincture, which is blazoned without mention of the tincture.
- A short high-pitched humming sound, such as that made by a bullet or vibrating string.
- A witty insult or derogatory remark.
- Zest or vitality.
- Pleasant or exciting flavour of food.
- To move very quickly, especially while making a high-pitched hum.
- A thin fabric with a loose, open weave.
- A similar bleached cotton fabric used as a surgical dressing.
- A thin woven metal or plastic mesh.
- Wire gauze, used as fence.
- Mist or haze
- To apply a dressing of gauze
- To mist
- Having the qualities of gauze; light, thin, transparent, hazy.
- light; giving the effect of haze.
- An old Venetian coin.
- A hero or champion, especially as a Muslim against non-Muslims; often used as a title.
- A nonsensical placeholder name for something, generally a device, that one does not know the proper term for; gadget; whatchamacallit; thingamajig.
- Having the appearance of a glaze; glazed.
- Garish, brilliant showiness.
- A comment in the margin; explanatory note; gloss; commentary.
- (False) appearance.
- A specious show, a deceit.
- To extenuate, explain away, gloss over.
- To use flattering language.
- To smooth over; to palliate.
- To give a shine to (something or someone).
- Using an unconventional, exaggerated and highly subjective style, often when the reporter takes part in the events of the story.
- A wild or crazy person
- The act of grazing; a scratching or injuring lightly on passing.
- A light abrasion; a slight scratch.
- To feed or supply (cattle, sheep, etc.) with grass; to furnish pasture for.
- To feed on; to eat (growing herbage); to eat grass from (a pasture); to browse.
- To tend (cattle, etc.) while grazing.
- To rub or touch lightly the surface of (a thing) in passing.
- To cause a slight wound to; to scratch.
- To yield grass for grazing.
- A group of western Turkic people, including the Turks and Turkmens
- An ordinary person who can change his appearance or behaviour to suit his surroundings, especially one who is unexpectedly associated with important people or events.
- An unimportant person who appears at multiple important events.
- Curd produced from milk by adding acetic acid, after rennet has ceased to cause coagulation.
- shaped like a yoke, or like the letter H
- In the cerebrum, a short crossbar fissure that connects the two pairs of branches of a larger zygal (H-shaped) fissure.
- An affinity or connection in a piece of music between tones, chords, or phrases, such that one part appears to repeat, to imitate, or to derive from the other, especially when perceived as an organising principle in the music; a zygonic relationship.
- Gazing with astonishment; amazed.
- To recognise; to acknowledge.
- In anatomy, a structure that is unpaired. This is relatively unusual, as most elements of anatomy reflect bilateral symmetry.
- A flirtatious, coquettish girl, inclined to gad or gallivant about; a gig, a giglot.
- Something frivolous or trivial; a gewgaw, a trinket.
- To roam around in a frivolous manner; to gad about, to gallivant.
- A small squib-like firework that explodes with a fizzing or hissing noise.
- A spear with a barb on the end of it, used for catching fish; a type of harpoon.
- A police informer.
- To act as a police informer.
- The (
- A belvedere, either a type of summer-house or a roofed, detached porch-like structure, usually in a yard, park or lawn.
- The act by which somebody gazes.
- To swindle; to extort.
- To raise the selling price of something (especially property) after previously agreeing to a lower one.
- To buy a property by bidding more than the price of an existing, accepted offer.
- To trump or preempt; to reap the benefit underhandedly from a situation that someone else has worked to create.
- An automobile.
- A politician who takes bribes.
- A male person.
- Someone affable but morally dubious; a wide boy.
- Informal address to a male.
- An old person, usually a male, typically a cranky old man.
- A device for boiling water for such domestic uses as heating or washing; a boiler. The normal spelling is water
- Wife; old woman.
- A poetic form mostly used for love poetry in Middle Eastern, South, and Central Asian poetry.
- Of eyes: showing no liveliness.
- A glazed donut, one with a coating such as sugar or chocolate.
- Made or consisting of glass.
- Resembling glass; glassy.
- Tasteless and showy.
- An animal that grazes.
- A television viewer with a short attention span who switches between channels regularly.
- name; a medieval variant of Griselda, rare today.
- To drink (or, sometimes, eat) quickly, voraciously, or to excess; to gulp down; to swallow greedily, continually, or with gust.
- To consume alcoholic beverages, especially frequently or habitually.
- To consume anything quickly, greedily, or to excess, as if with insatiable thirst.
- Drink; intoxicating liquor.
- A drinking bout; a debauch.
- An insatiable thing or person.
- A drain or ditch; a gutter; sometimes, a small stream. Also called guzzen.
- The throat
- An initiation or behavior that involves humiliation, harassment or abuse, particularly in universities and in the military.
- Something that oozes; a seepage.
- A gelatinous glue for glazing or sizing canvas, paper, plaster or wood; often made from animal skins.
- food and drink ordered from the buttery by a student
- A weak glue used in various trades; size.
- A kind of unity, namely an alignment of three celestial bodies (for example, the Sun, Earth, and Moon) such that one body is directly between the other two, such as occurs at an eclipse.
- An archetypal pairing of contrasexual opposites, symbolizing the communication of the conscious and unconscious minds.
- A relation between generators of a module.
- The fusion of some or all of the organs.
- The association of two protozoa end-to-end or laterally for the purpose of asexual exchange of genetic material.
- The pairing of chromosomes in meiosis.
- Of a woman, having a plump and sexually attractive figure; voluptuous, well-proportioned; large.
- The capital city of Croatia.
- form of (Albizia saman).
- A Berber language of Mauritania.
- Legislative action for the purpose of regulating the use of property and the construction of buildings within the area under the jurisdiction of the legislative body concerned.
- A rower of the middle tier in a trireme.
- of a zygote
- relating to a zygote or to zygosis
- Of a zygote.
- Relating to a zygote or to zygosis.
- To convert (a living thing) into the form of agate; to fossilize.
- To writhe with agony; to suffer violent anguish.
- To struggle; to wrestle; to strive desperately, whether mentally or physically.
- Causing wonder and amazement; very surprising.
- Possessing uniquely wonderful qualities.
- Very good.
- odd; having no fellow; not one of a pair; single
- Very fast.
- Sexually attractive.
- Of tremendous intensity or fervor; white-hot.
- Exceedingly angry.
- The act of something that blazes or burns.
- The act of drinking heavily.
- A method of joining metals by using heat and a filler
- The action of the verb to buzz.
- The sound produced by something that buzzes.
- To know or be aware of.
- To select a pattern of information and assign it as an entity.
- A covering of fine cracks on a hard smooth surface such as a glazed object or car exterior.
- To remove glaze from.
- To abrade the cylinders of an engine to ensure a tight seal.
- To detach small pieces of cooked food from a pan by adding liquid, so that they can be used in further cooking.
- To talk or write as an egotist.
- To compose an elegy for.
- To praise, as if in an elegy.
- The action of the verb to fizz.
- The sound made by something that fizzes.
- That fizzes or fizz.
- Very fast.
- To add water and sugar to (unfermented grape juice) so as to increase the quantity of wine produced.
- A depository where sacred Hebrew books or other sacred items that cannot be disposed of are kept before they can be properly buried in a cemetery.
- A group of Egyptian dancing girls of the Nawari people, whose suggestive dancing was seen as improper.
- A portion of the esophagus of either a bird or an annelid that contains ingested grit and is used to grind up ingested food before it is transferred to the stomach.
- The part of a window or wall made of glass or another transparent material.
- All the windows of a building.
- The act of one who glozes, or glosses over something.
- A town and associated province of Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy
- A statistical region of Slovenia
- One who grazes cattle and/or sheep on a rural property.
- The owner of a large property on which sheep or cattle graze.
- the action of animals eating, mainly of grass in a field or on other grassland.
- Grey-haired, greyish.
- A reddish-brown colobus monkey from Abyssinia
- Somebody or something which guzzles.
- A city in Saxony, Germany
- A quadrilateral with sides of equal length (rhombus), having two acute and two obtuse angles.
- A small tablet (originally diamond-shaped) or medicated sweet used to ease a
- To form into the shape of a lozenge.
- To mark or emblazon with a lozenge.
- Divided into lozenge-shaped compartments, as the field or a bearing, by lines drawn in the direction of the bend sinister.
- A thin, stiff, sheer fabric that is made from silk or a synthetic yarn, which resembles organdy, and is used in dressmaking.
- To gaze beyond; to exceed in sharpness or persistence of seeing or of looking; hence, to stare out of countenance.
- The act or state of prizing something, valuing it highly.
- A type of lashing or binding by a small cord.
- Such lashing used to temporarily immobilize the ends of a rope to prevent a knot from slipping or collapsing.
- That seizes the attention; impressive.
- A gentile, a non-Jewish male.
- Relating to syzygy.
- name="EPE">see the notes on terminology in Edward Proctor's Gypsy dialects: a selective annotated bibliography of materials for the practical study of Romani (2008) A Hungarian Gypsy (Romani person).
- To strip (a window, etc.) of glass.
- A social unit of rural community among the South Slavs, associated with family links and set customs.
- An obscure figure in Greek mythology who, according to Orphic tradition, was the son of Zeus and Persephone who was destroyed by the Titans but reborn through the intervention of Zeus as Dionysus.
- The act or result of being zapped.
- A traditional lively Russian dance in 2/4 time.
- A sound or motion that zooms.
- A composite mineral containing umangite, clausthalite, and other minerals.
- a German surname, notably borne by a leader of the Reformation in Switzerland
- Of or pertaining to moths in the family Zygaenidae.
- Any one of numerous species of moths of the family Zygaenidae, most of which are bright colored.
- The union of gametes to form a zygote; conjugation.
- Of or pertaining to a zygote.
- A proenzyme, or enzyme precursor, which requires a biochemical change (i.e. hydrolysis) to become an active form of the enzyme.
- The chemistry of fermentation with yeasts, especially the science involved in beer and wine making.
- Treated with agene.
- An officer of the law in Spain or Latin America.
- To raise to the state of an angel; to render angelic.
- A Mediterranean sea port in Libya.
- Late season damage to citrus fruit caused by rust mites.
- One to whom a fine of land was acknowledged.
- One who, or that which, cognizes.
- One who acknowledged the right of the plaintiff or cognizee in a fine; the defendant.
- The fact or practice of cozening; cheating, deception.
- An instance of cozening; a scam.
- fraud; deception; the acts of one who cozens
- Shining intensely.
- Splendid; brilliant
- Superlative; astounding
- The action of the verb to dazzle; dazzlement
- To represent something (such as an image or sound) as a structured sequence of binary digits
- To quantize a continuous or analog value; to convert it into a discrete value
- To finger.
- Tending to make one (actually or metaphorically) dizzy or confused, as of great speed or height.
- To give an Egyptian character or appearance to.
- To invigorate, to make energetic.
- To supply with energy, especially electricity. To turn on power to something.
- To use strength in action; to act or operate with force or vigor; to act in producing an effect.
- To affect with ergot.
- To praise, celebrate or pay homage to (someone), especially in an eloquent formal eulogy.
- The unlaid or ragged end of a rope.
- The sound of something that fizzles.
- Suffering or causing frost
- Very cold
- The change in state of a substance from liquid to solid by cooling to a critically low temperature.
- The action of numbing with anesthetics.
- An edible pulse, of the family Leguminosae or Fabaceae and subfamilies Faboideae or Papilionoideae, with white or purple-blue flowers and small feathery leaves on both sides of the stem and pods containing two to three peas.
- A seed of this plant; the chickpea.
- Blind, unseeing.
- With a gaze; staringly.
- A cold soup of Spanish origin, made with olive oil, vinegar and raw vegetables such as tomatoes, garlic, onion, cucumber and sweet peppers.
- To make giant or gigantic; to increase to huge proportions.
- The craft of a glazier; making and fitting windows.
- A place where a glazier works.
- a city in California, USA.
- a city in Louisiana, USA.
- a city in Texas, USA
- A trigonal-hexagonal scalenohedral mineral containing aluminum, hydrogen, oxygen, phosphorus, and strontium.
- greyed, old
- grey or partly grey
- streaked or mixed with grey; grizzly; griseous
- Agent noun of grizzle; a person, especially a young child, who characteristically whinges in the interests of making demands met.
- greedy eating or drinking
- Capable of producing ions.
- A language spoken by the Lezgin people who live in southern Dagestan and northern Azerbaijan.
- A person who belongs to this group.
- To make logical; to bring into the domain of logic.
- A long cold coffee beverage with lemon, ice, and sometimes sugar, rum or water, served in a tall glass.
- The act of placing a muzzle on an animal.
- To convert or adapt to the ways or norms of negros.
- The act of one who nuzzles.
- To gaze; to overlook.
- To convert to paganism.
- To behave like pagans.
- Difficult to understand or explain; enigmatic or confusing; perplexing.
- Time spent pondering something confusing.
- The act by which somebody is quizzed, or teased.
- the act, process or result of being rezoned
- One of a proposed class of flowering plants growing on the roots of other plants and lacking green foliage.
- A state of western Austria.
- The capital of the state of Salzburg.
- To make savage; to reduce to a state of savagery.
- Hot enough to make a hissing sound.
- Brought to the table in the metal dish it has been cooked in, making such a sound.
- Exciting and intensely emotional.
- Such a hissing sound.
- The act of producing a sneeze.
- To look at the stars at night.
- Of or pertaining to a syzygy.
- The motion of one who waltzes.
- The quality or symptom of breathing with an audible wheeze
- The sound or action of something that whizzes.
- A kind of Italian double-chantered bagpipe.
- The capital city of the region of Aragon, in Spain.
- Any of a series of long, wavelike ridges or grooves formed on a snow surface by the wind, especially in polar plains.
- made up of zigzags
- originating, or produced by animals rather then plants
- A colony or mass of bacteria embedded in a viscous gelatinous substance, characteristic of a transitory stage through which rapidly multiplying bacteria pass in the course of their evolution.
- A surgical graft of tissue from an animal to a human.
- Any member of the moth family Zygaenidae.
- The quality or characteristics of a zygote
- The intimate pairing of homologous chromosomes during the synaptic stage of meiosis
- A strip of electrophoretic material on which enzymes are visibly separated through histochemical methods (eg by zone electrophoresis).
- A treatise on the fermentation of liquors, or the doctrine of fermentation.
- The science of or knowledge concerning fermentation.
- Causing physical or mental agony.
- The act of one who agonizes.
- Any member of the family Agromyzidae.
- In an amazing manner; in a way that causes amazement; wonderfully.
- Difficult to believe; strange but true.
- To a wonder-inspiring extent.
- To express as an analogy.
- To treat one thing as analogous to another.
- To make an apology or excuse; to acknowledge some fault or offense, with expression of regret for it, by way of amends
- To express regret that a certain event has occurred.
- To make an apology or defense; to act as apologist.
- To make biological; to assimilate into a biological framework or context.
- With or like a blaze; bright and fiery.
- Extremely quickly.
- The action of the verb to blazon; the activity of describing heraldic coats of arms.
- While buzzing, or in a buzzing fashion
- A city in Poland.
- An overturning of a boat etc.
- Aware; fully informed; having understanding of a fact
- A piece of deglazed food from a pan.
- To transform into a dialogue.
- To discourse in dialogue.
- That has been converted from analog to digital
- A device that digitizes.
- Derived from two eggs that have been separately fertilized; dizygous.
- To treat something as dogma
- To speak or write dogmatically
- To turn into a dragon.
- To watch, scrutinize
- An amount of liquid that is drizzled.
- The Mongolian wild ass, a subspecies of the onager.
- A geographical region in northwest China.
- A person who, or a thing which, energizes.
- To speak an epilogue to.
- To utter as an epilogue.
- Affected by the ergot fungus.
- a city in northern Hungary, on the Danube
- a person who eulogizes
- An English warbler, Melizophilus provincialis; the furze wren or Dartford warbler.
- To make French as the culture, customs, pronunciation, or style.
- To translate into French.
- To coat with a thin layer
- To coat with rust-resistant
- To into sudden activity.
- To switch sides between
- A disease of cattle caused by Trypanosoma theileri.
- To gargle; to rinse or wash, as the mouth and throat.
- Like or resembling gauze.
- The quality of being gauzy
- A bantustan in South West Africa, intended by the apartheid government to be a semi-independent homeland for the Shangaan Tsonga people.
- A hound that primarily hunts by speed and sight, instead of by scent and endurance.
- A geographic dictionary or encyclopedia, sometimes found as an index to an atlas.
- A newspaper.
- An alphabetical descriptive list of anything.
- To describe in a gazetteer.
- Publication in a gazette.
- A city in Turkey
- To render gentile or gentlemanly.
- To live like a gentile or heathen.
- To study the geology of a location in the field.
- To give a German character to (something).
- To adopt German customs or culture.
- To put (someone) in a ghetto, or to isolate as if in a ghetto.
- To make (a place) into a ghetto, or to add the characteristics of a ghetto.
- To make or give the appearance of being glamorous.
- To glorify; to romanticize.
- To make something global in scope.
- To transform into a goblin.
- A sexual zooid, or medusoid bud of a hydroid; a gonophore.
- To stupefy, paralyze or petrify
- To teach the Gospels.
- To evangelize.
- Grandeur, greatness, magnificence.
- Stateliness, dignity.
- Of sedimentary rock, to become granite through remelting and recooling.
- Suitable for grazing animals.
- So as to graze, or brush closely against.
- Grey coloration.
- The act of one who grizzles; peevish whining.
- To make in the throat; to gutturalize.
- To speak or write using jargon.
- To convert into jargon; to express using jargon.
- The action of the verb to kibitz.
- The plant whose latex is used in rubber production.
- To exalt to the status of a legend.
- to celebrate liturgically
- Someone who writes for a magazine.
- to make magnetic
- to attract, allure or entice (someone)
- Of a person, characterised by efficient organization.
- A kind of double thrown silk of very fine texture; silk twisted like a rope with different strands, so as to increase its strength.
- The outer layer or coat of glaze on a piece of pottery
- A decoration, usually enamel, applied over a glaze.
- To apply overglaze to.
- to graze land excessively, to the detriment of the land and its vegetation
- to allow animals to graze excessively
- To oxidize.
- To oxygenate.
- definition one who paganizes.
- To convert or adapt into a pidgin language.
- To produce a more rugged version of something, so that it will withstand rough treatment
- To make signal or eminent; to render distinguished from what is common.
- To communicate with by means of a signal.
- To make something noticeable, different, remarkable or conspicuous, especially by gesticulation.
- To signal; to indicate the existence, presence, or fact of, by a signal.
- To install a traffic signal at an intersection that is currently regulated by stop signs.
- To produce one or more slogans; to convert an expression into a slogan.
- The act of pressing; compression.
- That which is forced out by pressure; dregs.
- One who stargazes.
- A perciform fish in the family .
- To reason or deduce by means of syllogisms.
- To act as a synergetic agent
- Relating to, or exhibiting syzygy
- To dramatize in the form of a tragedy.
- To speak or write in the manner of a tragedy; to adopt a grandiloquent style.
- To turn (someone or something) into tragedy; to make tragic.
- The act by which something is unzipped.
- To express or re-express something in a base, common, or lewd manner; to make something commonplace; to make something vulgar.
- a holiday or party for the benefit of printers, traditionally held in August
- A short-lived revolutionary republic, founded after the collapse of Spanish colonial rule in the Philippines, existing between May and November 1899.
- A former province of the Philippines.
- Involving zeugma.
- The text character with hexadecimal value 0xff, when used as a string separator or terminator.
- An attachment for a sewing machine allowing for zigzag stitches.
- Someone who zigzags; a person who makes rapid changes of direction, especially in opinion, policy etc.
- Of or pertaining to zoogamy.
- Of or relating to the zoogloea.
- Relating to the zoogloea.
- That gives birth to live offspring (rather than laying eggs)
- That sprout before they fall
- To study zoology, especially by collecting animals to be studied.
- Relating or referring to Zwingli, his beliefs, or his followers and adherents.
- A follower of Zwingli, who disagreed with Luther in rejecting the doctrine of the presence of Christ in the Eucharist.
- Pertaining to the zygoma.
- A that connects to other nerve cells.
- A specialized hyphal branch giving rise to isogametes that unite to produce a zygospore
- Any plant of a proposed class or grand division in which reproduction consists in the union of two similar cells.
- A spore formed by the union of the contents of two similar cells, either of the same or of distinct individual plants. Zygosperms are found in certain orders of algæ and fungi.
- A zygosperm.
- A spore formed by the union of several zoospores.
- pertaining to, or formed by, a zymogene
- capable of producing a definite zymogen or ferment
- Of or pertaining to zymology; zymological.
- To make great; to enlarge; to increase.
- To make great or greater in power, rank, honor, or wealth; applied to persons, countries, etc.
- To make appear great or greater; to exalt.
- To increase or become great.
- In an agonized manner
- To perform by algebra; to reduce to algebraic form.
- To make or treat as angelic.
- A kind of bulldozer whose blade can be tilted at an angle
- Converted to English in form, idiom, style or character.
- Borrowed from English
- To work against; oppose; especially to incite reaction.
- Agent noun of apologize: one who apologizes.
- That appeals to, or stimulates the appetite.
- Appealing or enticing.
Possible word length