Page 1 from 1
Total results: 132
- The dried stem of certain large herbaceous plants.
- A plant having such a stem; a weed, a kecksy.
- A dry husk or covering.
- a Scottish surname
- a male given name derived from the surname
- An Ancient Greek drinking cup with a stem, two handles, and a broad, shallow body
- Resembling an ax.
- A loud electric horn or alarm.
- To produce a loud, siren-like wail.
- Resembling an ox or some aspect of one: strong, foolish, etc.
- similar to a box
- A box for keeping cake.
- Of or relating to (c. 1514–1572), Scottish clergyman and a leader of the considered the founder of the Presbyterian denomination in Scotland.
- A box with a built-in lock; a safe.
- Resembling sex or some aspect of it.
- A figure made of wax, especially an effigy of a famous person.
- A toolbox; a container for the items needed to carry out a task.
- A set of skills and approaches.
- Any organic compound derived from an alcohol by replacement of a hydrogen atom with a metal or other cationic species.
- Resembling or characteristic of flax.
- Any oxime derived from an ketone; general formula R2C=NOH
- Resembling a lynx.
- Either of two species of passerine bird in the genus Buphagus, in the monotypic family Buphagidae, endemic to sub-Saharan African savannah.
- A chamber in which smoke passes from a boiler before being vented through a chimney.
- A small boat that can be sailed, rowed, poled or sculled, predominantly associated with in New Jersey.
- A coursebook, a formal manual of instruction in a specific subject, especially one for use in schools or colleges.
- Of or pertaining to textbooks or their style, especially in being dry and pedagogical; textbooky, textbooklike.
- Having the typical characteristics of some class of phenomenon, so that it might be included as an example in a textbook.
- An exhibition of waxwork figures; a wax museum.
- A theatre attendant in charge of the boxes.
- The name of a number of places in the United States of America:
- An unincorporated community in Alabama.
- A town in Arkansas.
- An unincorporated community in California.
- An unincorporated community and CDP in Georgia
- A city in Illinois.
- A city in Iowa
- An unincorporated community in Maryland.
- An unincorporated community in Missouri.
- An unincorporated community in Nebraska.
- An unincorporated community in Ohio.
- A small borough in Pennsylvania.
- A neighbourhood in Pennsylvania.
- A large city in Tennessee
- An unincorporated community in West Virginia.
- A skirt whose hemline descends to the ankles.
- A metropolitan area comprising of twin cities in Arkansas, and Texas, which spans the Texas-Arkansas border and is technically considered to be two municipalities. The city in Arkansas is the county seat of
- Resembling or characteristic of a vixen.
- A worker in the wax industry.
- An artist who makes waxworks.
- A bee that produces wax.
- Any enzyme that catalyses the phosphorylation of a hexose
- Any hexose containing a ketone group.
- Like a sphinx, or like that of a sphinx.
- Mysterious; scheming; having a deceptive outward appearance
- The creation of waxworks.
- Pertaining to the exoskeleton.
- A hard outer structure that provides both structure and protection to creatures such as insects and Crustacea.
- The operation of removing a cataract by thrusting a needle through the cornea of the eye and breaking up the opaque mass.
- Resembling a phoenix, especially in being (figuratively) reborn after destruction.
- Characteristic of a textbook
- Any hydroxy derivative of a ketone
- rupture of the cornea
- An illness caused by bacteria of the Rickettsia genus.
Possible word length