Page 1 from 4
Total results: 3399
- a desire, hope, or longing for something or for something to happen
- an expression of such a desire etc.
- the process of expressing or thinking about such a desire etc. (often connected with ideas of magic and supernatural power(s)
- the thing desired or longed for
- a water meadow.
- To desire; to want.
- To hope (for a particular outcome).
- To bestow (a thought or gesture) towards (someone or something).
- To request or desire to do an activity.
- To recommend; to seek confidence or favour on behalf of.
- Washed by the waves or tide; said of a rock or strip of shore, or of an anchor, etc., when flush with the surface of the water, so that the waves break over it.
- Covered, overspread.
- singular of, i.e. nonstandard version of chews.
- The part of the bow containing the hawseholes.
- A hawsehole or hawsepipe.
- The horizontal distance or area between an anchored vessel's bows and the actual position of her anchor(s).
- A position relative to the course and position of a vessel, somewhat forward of the stem.
- Said of a vessel lying to two anchors, streamed from either bow.
- To express disgust or contempt.
- A square or rectangular piece of cloth worn as a covering for the head, neck, and shoulders.
- To wrap in a shawl.
- A mediaeval double-reed wind instrument with a conical wooden body.
- name, popular in the US in the 1970s.
- name, transferred from the male name.
- stalks or leaves of root vegetables.
- calling attention; flashy; standing out to the eye
- Any of numerous small, mouselike, chiefly nocturnal, mammals of the family Soricidae (order Soricomorpha).
- Certain other small mammals that resemble true shrews (order Soricomorpha).
- An ill-tempered, nagging woman: a scold.
- To beshrew; to curse.
- The water that washes up on shore after an incoming wave has broken
- a long, protruding ornamental line or pen stroke found in some typefaces and styles of calligraphy.
- A narrow sound or channel of water lying within a sand bank, or between a sand bank and the shore, or a bar over which the sea washes.
- Liquid filth; wash; hog mash.
- A blustering noise.
- swaggering behaviour.
- A swaggering fellow; a swasher.
- An oval figure, whose mouldings are oblique to the axis of the work.
- To swagger; to bluster and brag.
- To dash or flow noisily; to splash.
- To fall violently or noisily.
- Soft, like overripe fruit; swashy; squashy.
- sophisticated; fashionable; smooth.
- Attractive, stylish
- A short rustling, hissing or whistling sound, often made by friction.
- A hissing, sweeping movement through the air, as of an animal's tail.
- A sound of liquid flowing inside a container.
- A twig or bundle of twigs, used for administering beatings; a switch
- A successful basketball shot that does not touch the rim or backboard.
- An effeminate male homosexual.
- To make a rustling sound while moving.
- To flourish with a swishing sound.
- To flog; to lash.
- To make a successful basketball shot that does not touch the rim or backboard.
- To mince or otherwise to behave in an effeminate manner.
- Attractive physical attributes or features; good bodily proportions; muscles; vigour.
- Qualities, character; behaviour.
- Variant of Welsh and Welch.
- Watery; damp; soft.
- Lacking substance or strength; weak; thin; dilute; feeble.
- Not firm or hardy; liable to sweat profusely with labour.
- A an act of
- Insipid; tasteless; delicate; having a pale and sickly look.
- A sibilant sound, especially that of rapid movement through the air.
- To make such a sound.
- A quick, light sweeping motion.
- A kitchen utensil, made from stiff wire loops fixed to a handle, used for whipping (or a mechanical device with the same function).
- A bunch of twigs or hair etc, used as a brush.
- A small handheld broom with a small (or no) handle.
- A plane used by coopers for evening chines.
- A kind of cape, forming part of a woman's dress.
- An impertinent fellow.
- To move something with quick light sweeping motions.
- In cooking, to whip e.g. eggs or cream.
- To move something rapidly and with no warning.
- To move lightly and nimbly.
- The card game whist.
- Any of several four-player card games, similar to bridge.
- Sessions of playing the card game.
- To hush or silence; to still.
- To become silent.
- Of whom, belonging to whom.
- Of whom, belonging to whom.
- Of which, belonging to which.
- Of whom, belonging to whom.
- Of whom, belonging to whom.
- whosoever, whatever person
- A large food fish ( of the north Pacific coast; the candlefish or sablefish.
- To wash all over; drench with water.
- A tree, Anacardium occidentale, native to northeastern Brazil, now widely grown in tropical climates for its cashew nuts and cashew apples.
- A cashew nut.
- An umbelliferous plant (Peucedanum cous) with edible tuberous roots, found in Oregon, USA.
- timorous; fearful; cowardly
- Any of certain cultivars of ( one of the species of winter squash.
- To avoid; to shun, to shy away from.
- a cable or heavy rope used to tow or moor a ship
- Being a Jew, or relating to Jews, their ethnicity, religion or culture.
- The Yiddish language.
- A city in Ontario, Canada
- Resembling or characteristic of an owl.
- Wise and solemn.
- Originally, a chief minister under the Marathi princes; later, (the title of) each of the rulers of the Marathi kingdom in central India from 1713–1818.
- The act of washing something again
- wash again
- A town in Switzerland, the capital of the canton of Schwyz.
- A canton of Switzerland.
- A dark image projected onto a surface where light (or other radiation) is blocked by the shade of an object.
- Relative darkness, especially as caused by the interruption of light; gloom, obscurity.
- A reflected image, as in a mirror or in water.
- That which looms as though a shadow.
- A small degree; a shade.
- An imperfect and faint representation.
- A trainee, assigned to work with an experienced officer.
- One who secretly or furtively follows another.
- A type of lettering form of word processors that makes a cubic effect.
- An influence, especially a pervasive or a negative one.
- A spirit; a ghost; a shade.
- An uninvited guest accompanying one who was invited.
- In Jungian psychology, an unconscious aspect of the personality.
- To block light or radio transmission.
- To secretly or discreetly track or follow another, to keep under surveillance.
- To accompany a professional during the working day, so as to learn about an occupation one intends to take up.
- To make an identifier, usually a variable, inaccessible by declaring another of the same name within the scope of the first.
- To apply the shadowing process to (the contents of ROM).
- Unofficial, informal, unauthorized, but acting as though it were.
- Having power or influence, but not widely known or recognized.
- Acting in a leadership role before being formally recognized.
- name, a modern feminine form of Shawn.
- participle of (alternative to shown)
- A brief fall of precipitation.
- A device for bathing by which water is made to fall on the body from a height, either from a tank or by the action of a pump.
- An instance of using of this device in order to bathe oneself.
- A quantity of something that has characteristics of a rain shower.
- A party associated with a significant event in a person's life, at which the person usually receives gifts.
- A bridal shower.
- A baby shower.
- A battle, an attack; conflict.
- A shower of shit.
- To spray with (a specified liquid).
- To bathe using a shower.
- to bestow liberally, to give or distribute in abundance
- One who shows.
- A man whose penis appears roughly full size both when flaccid and when erect.
- showing clever resourcefulness in practical matters
- artful, tricky or cunning
- Scolding, satirical, sharp.
- An apparition of a person about to die; a wraith.
- soft like overripe fruit
- A bandage; a band
- To bind with a swathe, band, bandage, or rollers
- A group of people
- Producing a swishing sound.
- Swish; fancy, posh, impressive.
- Effeminate; gay
- A device to turn electric current on and off or direct its flow.
- A change.
- A movable section of railroad track which allows the train to be directed down one of two destination tracks; point.
- A slender woody plant stem used as a whip; a thin, flexible rod, associated with corporal punishment in the United States.
- A command line notation allowing specification of optional behavior.
- A programming construct that takes different actions depending on the value of an expression.
- A networking device connecting multiple wires, allowing them to communicate simultaneously, when possible. Compare to the less efficient hub device that solely duplicates network packets to each wire.
- A system of specialized relays, computer hardware, or other equipment which allows the interconnection of a calling party's telephone line with any called party's line.
- One who is willing to take either a sadistic or a masochistic role.
- A separate mass or tress of hair, or of some substance (such as jute) made to resemble hair, formerly worn on the head by women.
- To exchange.
- To change (something) to the specified state using a switch.
- To whip or hit with a switch.
- To change places, tasks, etc.
- To get angry suddenly; to quickly or unreasonably become enraged.
- To swing or whisk.
- To be swung or whisked.
- To trim.
- To turn from one railway track to another; to transfer by a switch; generally with off, from, etc.
- To shift to another circuit.
- riding with the front and back feet swapped round compared to one's normal position. BBC Sport, "Sochi 2014: A jargon-busting guide to the halfpipe", 11 February 2014
- instantly, quickly, speedily, rapidly, strongly; very
- To move with a rushing or swirling sound
- A swooshing movement or sound
- A pattern or logo suggesting a swooshing movement.
- A sound; a groan or moan; a sough.
- A swoon.
- To wish not to be; to destroy by wishing.
- an unincorporated community in Arkansas, USA.
- a city in Indiana, USA
- an unincorporated community in Nebraska, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Ohio, USA.
- a ghost town in West Virginia, USA.
- the in Ohio, Indiana and Illinois, which is a tributary of the
- a former railroad, the
- To cure or heal (an illness or person)
- To get better; to recover from an illness
- Clipping of whatsoever.
- An automobile or other vehicle; a set of wheels
- Well-developed thigh muscles.
- sometimes; at times
- While, at the same time.
- A quaint and fanciful idea; a whim; playfully odd behaviour.
- An impulsive, illogical or capricious character.
- A whim
- A jigsaw puzzle piece that has been cut into a recognizable shape, as if on a whim; often the shape is representative of the theme of the image used for the puzzle.
- To fill with whimsies or whims; to make fantastic; to craze.
- Clothing or linens, especially laundry, that is white
- The uniform of a chef
- cricket whites
- whichever person, whomever
- A breathy sound like that of an object passing at high speed.
- To make a breathy sound like a whoosh.
- Like a wife; wifely.
- Resembling wine; winy.
- Someone who makes a wish
- Steadfastly; intently.
- To quench; extinguish (fire, pain, malice, enemies, etc.)
- A city in and the county seat of in Arkansas, USA.
- A type of laundry in which the washing was returned to the customer in a bag, undried and unpressed.
- To invoke or wish evil upon; to curse.
- A mildly imprecatory or merely expletive introductory exclamation, in the form of the imperative.
- The act of firing an arrow from a bow
- The distance that the arrow of an average archer can effectively travel.
- Any of various types of boxfish, family Ostraciidae.
- The grampus,
- A of California,
- A marine plectognath fish, and allied species, having two projections, like horns, in front.
- A small barn for keeping cows.
- A gratuity or tip as thanks for a service
- To give or make a present to.
- somehow else; in some other way
- A soothing medicated lotion for the eyes
- Nonsense; flattery; pretentiousness.
- To fool with nonsense or flattery.
- To keep information secret by sending false information to many people in one's own organization, and correct information to a select few.
- A structure built on or around dams or locks to facilitate the migration of fish.
- Any of several birds of prey, principally in the genus, Accipiter.
- The relics or remains of a saint, or the shrines in which they are kept.
- Supportive of warlike foreign policy; bellicose; inclined toward military action.
- Favouring increasing interest rates; inclined towards increasing interest rates.
- The nineteenth book of the New Testament of the Bible, the epistle of St Paul to the Hebrews.
- foolish talk or writing; nonsense.
- A housewife.
- A worthless woman; hussy.
- A small case containing scissors, thread, needles and other sewing things.
- To manage with frugality.
- The county town of Suffolk, England
- A city in south-east Queensland, Australia.
- A coastal town in Massachusetts, USA.
- A small city in South Dakota, USA
- An unincorporated community in Wisconsin, USA.
- Any of many marine fish, of the family , that have large mouths
- The low-growing tropical American shrub (formerly Pedilanthus tithymaloides).
- Transliteration of a male given name of Persian origin.
- Feeling sick, queasy.
- Sickening or insipid in taste or smell.
- Excessively or falsely sentimental; showing a sickly excess of sentiment.
- To show or present publicly; exhibit openly.
- To surpass or exceed in showing; exceed in being shown, especially in contest, competition, or rivalry.
- That which is shown openly, evinced, or revealed.
- The sediment (mostly sand and gravel) deposited by water flowing from a melting glacier
- To show in advance.
- A lesser show that occurs before the main entertainment.
- A quick rinse given to objects before they are washed properly.
- To rinse something before washing it properly.
- A town in western Pakistan.
- Any of a breed of short-horned dairy cattle originating from the Sahiwal district.
- A figure skating jump with a takeoff from a back inside edge and landing on the back outside edge of the opposite foot after one or more rotations in the air.
- Any ray (marine fish with a flat body and wing-like fins) of the family Pristidae, having a snout that resembles a saw.
- In shadow; darkened by shadows.
- Dark, obscure.
- Loose trousers worn in some South Asian or Islamic countries, especially by women but also by men, especially with a kamees.
- Dressed in a shawl.
- The tenth month of the Islamic calendar.
- The sloping dry dock in which a ship is build and from where it is launched
- A navigable canal
- Given to showers; having frequent rainfall.
- Of or relating to a shower or showers.
- An occasion when something is shown.
- A result, a judgement.
- showy; ostentatious
- A member of a First Nations people residing in the Canadian province of British Columbia.
- The traditional language of these people.
- The tribe which this people constitutes.
- In one way or another; in a way not yet known or designated; by some means
- Like a stew or thick soup.
- Suiting a stew, or brothel.
- tawny, dusky, dark
- evil, malicious
- weathered, rough
- One who makes a blustering show of valor or force of arms.
- A device on a mowing machine or combine harvester that raises uncut grain and marks the edge of the swath
- The language of Sweden and Åland (an autonomous part of Finland). Swedish is also one of the two official languages of Finland, spoken by 6% of the citizens. A very small minority in Estonia has Swedish as their mother tongue.
- Of or pertaining to Sweden.
- Of or pertaining to the
- Like a pig, resembling a swine; gluttonous, coarse, debased.
- Having a whisking motion.
- Inclined to switch between sadistic and masochistic roles.
- To be indecisive or in a state of confusion; to dither.
- Characteristic of a (certain type of) town.
- A three-wheeled cycle rickshaw.
- Not showy; plain or unassuming
- a city in Minnesota, USA
- witty, jocular, like a wag
- mischievous, tricky
- quite wan, quite pale
- Militant; warlike.
- Any ship built or armed for naval combat.
- A mountain range that forms the western edge of the Rocky Mountains
- A day when laundry is washed.
- The place in the above-ground part of a coal mine where coal is washed.
- The action of the verb to wash
- Clothing, bedlinen or soft furnishings that have been, are currently being, or are to be washed; laundry.
- The residue after an ore, etc, has been washed
- The liquid used to wash an ore.
- A place where a precious metal found in gravel is separated from lighter material by washing.
- A thin covering or coat.
- A fraudulent transaction in which the same stock is simultaneously bought and sold for the purpose of manipulating the market.
- The covering of a piece with an infusible powder, which prevents it from sticking to its supports, while receiving the glaze.
- A person employed in metalworking to wash the tin plates between manufacturing processes.
- A pot which holds water for washing.
- A square piece of cloth for washing the face and body.
- The leaves of Saraceia flava.
- Tasteless, having a sickly flavour; insipid.
- Sickly, wizened, feeble.
- Of or relating to the Wends.
- The language of the Wends.
- Having the nature of a wen; resembling a wen.
- Somewhat wet; damp, moist.
- Any object whose actual name one does not know or cannot remember.
- wheresoever; regardless of which place
- Resembling whey.
- a crosscut saw operated by two people
- to operate a whipsaw
- to lose potential profit by buying shares just before the price falls, or by selling them just before the price rises
- to defeat someone in two different ways at once
- That part of the beard which grows upon the sides of the face, usually of the male, or upon the chin, or upon both.
- A hair of the beard.
- One of the long, projecting hairs growing at the sides of the mouth of a cat, or other animal.
- The (very small) distance between two things.
- Spreaders from the bows to spread the bowsprit shrouds.
- A graphic element that shows the maxima and minima in a box plot.
- One who, or that which, whisks, or moves with a quick, sweeping motion.
- A small that forms on metal.
- A basket; especially, a straw provender basket.
- A small lathe for turning wooden pins.
- A shallow drinking bowl.
- The act of speaking in a quiet voice, especially, without vibration of the vocal cords.
- A rumor.
- A faint trace or hint (of something).
- A private message to an individual in a chat room.
- To speak softly, or under the breath, so as to be heard only by one near at hand; to utter words without sonant breath; to talk without that vibration in the larynx which gives sonorous, or vocal, sound.
- To mention privately and confidentially, or in a whisper.
- To make a low, sibilant sound.
- To speak with suspicion or timorous caution; to converse in whispers, as in secret plotting.
- To address in a whisper, or low voice.
- To prompt secretly or cautiously; to inform privately.
- A device designed to be placed in the mouth in order, or driven by steam or otherwise, to make a whistling sound.
- An act of whistling.
- A shrill, high-pitched sound made by whistling.
- Any high-pitched sound similar to the sound made by whistling.
- A suit (from whistle and flute).
- The mouth and throat; so called as being the organs of whistling.
- To make a shrill, high-pitched sound by forcing air through the mouth. To produce a whistling sound, restrictions to the flow of air are created using the teeth, tongue and lips.
- To move in such a way as to create a whistling sound.
- To send, signal, or call by a whistle.
- Making a whistling sound.
- Somewhat white, pale or almost white.
- The holiday beginning on Whitsunday
- Of, or relating to Whitsunday or Whitsuntide
- The reason why; the cause or intent.
- Characteristic of a wimp.
- Wished-for; desired, wanted.
- Expressing a wish or longing for something.
- Aspiring, or seeking advancement.
- The act of making a wish.
- a CDP situated on the in Washington, USA.
- To speak against someone or something.
- To contradict or deny.
- To gainsay, to oppose in speech (and by extension writing).
- To forbid, to refuse to allow, give, or permit.
- To decline, to refuse to do or accept.
- To set oneself against; oppose; resist.
- To be set against.
- To set (a place) with an ambush.
- An Asian tree,
- A yellow dye said to contain crocin derived from the pods of the wongshy.
- Being like wood, pertaining to wood; woody.
- Characteristic of woods or woodland.
- Of or pertaining to words; verbal; wordy.
- A spectacle consisting of underwater dance and gymnastics.
- In the shape of an arch.
- In the shape of an arch.
- To cast a shadow around, about, or over; overshadow.
- A city/town in Missouri, US.
- The name of several places in Northern England.
- derived from these places.
- A former railway guide and timetable published by George Bradshaw
- Of a colour which resembles brown; somewhat brown.
- A village on the northern border of Bristol, England
- Pertaining to peasants; rustic.
- Uncultured, boorish; rough, coarse.
- Like a circus clown; comical, ridiculous.
- A house or barn for keeping cows.
- A slur against Anglo-Canadians used in some corners of (including the
- To backpedal, desert or withdraw (also used with
- crockery used for serving or cooking food
- Like a dowdy; frumpy.
- To rush down; rush downward.
- A rushing down.
- downward air turbulence caused by a propeller or jet, but especially by helicopter blades
- The downward motion of air as a result of eddies behind a wing or chimney, etc.
- Like a dwarf; being especially small.
- Of, pertaining to, or made by or for dwarves.
- A kitchen utensil made of multiple loops of wire, used to beat eggs.
- At some other time or times.
- A small coastal town in Hampshire, England.
- A borough in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
- derived from the town.
- To cover with a shadow.
- To swathe; to envelop, as in swaddling clothes.
- An obstruction placed in tidal waters, or wholly or partially across a river, to trap fish or hinder their passage.
- A woman who sells or works with fish; a female fishmonger.
- A vulgar, abusive or nagging woman with a loud, unpleasant voice.
- Term of abuse, usually directed at women, implying lack of personal hygiene.
- A worm used as bait in angling.
- To show in advance; to foretell, predict.
- To foreshadow or prefigure.
- A manifestation in advance; a prior indication.
- To wish or desire beforehand.
- Sewn by hand, without the use of a sewing machine.
- A heron (originally specifically when small or young).
- An opening for the hoist, or elevator, in the floor of a warehouse.
- A crude road for travellers on horseback, or for horses in an underground mine.
- a town in west London, England.
- a London Borough within Greater London.
- A talkative person.
- An orator.
- A demagogue.
- An organizer.
- A dainty or delicacy.
- A trinket or gewgaw.
- a town in south-east London, England.
- a London Borough within Greater London.
- A mixture of slaked lime in water.
- To paint with limewash (slaked lime in water).
- derived from the given name Matthew.
- A net; an assembly of meshes.
- To throw incorrectly.
- An incorrect throw.
- mostly; for the most part
- A keen investigative reporter.
- To wash too much or too often.
- To become flooded.
- The flow of water and sediment over the crest of a beach that does not directly return to the water body.
- In an owlish manner.
- a city in Oklahoma, USA
- The capital of North West Frontier Province, Pakistan, situated near Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
- Subtropical perciform saltwater fish found in the North Pacific;
- Describing a stack in which items are removed in a LIFO manner from the end at which they were added.
- A pushdown automaton.
- The washing action of rain, capable of erosion and transporting soil.
- A show that travels from place to place.
- To show in various places as part of a travelling excursion.
- Resembling a rowdy in temper or conduct; characteristic of a rowdy.
- A structure with a crosspiece used to support timber or other material for working.
- A city in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Germany, and capital of the region.
- The vertical space in a building in which the elevator or lift travels.
- An act of wrapping in a shawl.
- A knee-length coat that buttons to the neck, worn by man, over a shalwar kameez, in parts of India and Pakistan.
- derived from Sherwood Forest.
- A city in Arkansas.
- A village in Michigan.
- A city/town in North Dakota.
- A village in Ohio.
- A in Ohio.
- A city in Oregon.
- A village in Wisconsin.
- A town in Wisconsin.
- Any of several wormlike marine mollusks (not true worms) of the family , that bore through the wooden hulls of ships and other woody material immersed in salt water.
- Capable of, or suitable for, being shown; exhibitable.
- A having a resident
- A case for displaying merchandise or valuable items.
- A setting, occasion, or medium for exhibiting something or someone, especially in an attractive or favorable aspect.
- To display, demonstrate, show, or present.
- The final battle between two nemeses, in which there can be but one victor
- The final round in a poker match, where the all remaining players' cards have to be put down on the table and shown
- A non-starring but physically beautiful female dancer in an often lavishly produced theatrical revue; a chorine.
- A room in a business set aside for the display of the company's products.
- A room or apartment where a show is exhibited.
- To inspect merchandise in a physical store, then purchase the identical product from an online merchant; to use a physical store as a showroom for an online merchant.
- In a shrewd manner.
- Of or pertaining to a shrew
- Breynia disticha, a plant in the family Phyllanthaceae.
- To a limited extent or degree.
- More or less; a certain quantity or degree; a part, more or less; something.
- A person or thing of importance; a somebody.
- at some time; indefinitely; some time or other, sometime
- A true saying; truth.
- One who is left-handed, especially in sports.
- A left-handed pitcher.
- To strike and cause to fly in the air.
- in such a way; in such a manner.
- A policy of nationalist self-sufficiency in India, involving the boycott of British products and the revival of domestic production.
- Pertaining to, or resembling, a swain; rustic; ignorant.
- Several species of bird in the genus Porphyrio of the family Rallidae.
- A person who tends, herds, takes care of or looks after swans, a keeper of swans.
- Characteristically like a swan; somewhat swanlike
- Somewhat swart, dark, or tawny.
- Swaggering; hectoring.
- Resounding; crushing.
- A back-and-forth movement of liquid; a swish or swash.
- A swash (narrow sound or channel of water).
- Like a swell or dandy; stylish.
- The sound of fabric or fur moving in the air.
- The movement that produces such a sound.
- A switching; a beating with twigs.
- A beverage of molasses and water, seasoned with vinegar and ginger.
- One who or that which switches.
- A switchmode power supply.
- A railway locomotive used for shunting; a shunter.
- eternally frozen; not prone to thaw
- Lacking morals or virtue.
- Lacking vigour or energy; listless; weak; nerveless.
- The territory of a town.
- a subdivision of a county.
- An area set aside for nonwhite occupation.
- A nonwhite (usually subeconomic) area attached to a city.
- a small town.
- The condition of being a twin
- Either of a pair of ships of exactly the same design
- To free from shadow; to allow to become illuminated.
- To combine (a password file) with its corresponding "shadow file" in order to facilitate cracking of the passwords.
- To remove a swathe from.
- That has or have not been washed.
- vulgar, plebeian, lowbrow
- Of the nature of a vowel.
- Resembling or characteristic of a wafer.
- A family of languages spoken in Western Canada, composed of the Northern and Southern Wakashan language groups.
- The state of being a ward of someone
- Any horse used in horse-cavalry, but especially one bearing an armored knight.
- A regularly revived theatrical or musical work, as with Hamlet or a Beethoven symphony, or as excerpts thereto. May imply that the work in question has become hackneyed.
- An experienced person who has been through many battles, situations or contests; someone who has given long service.
- Capable of being washed without being damaged; especially by a specified method, for example machine-washable.
- Something that can be washed without being damaged.
- a sink in a bathroom, connected to a supply of water and a drain, in which one may wash one's face and hands.
- a basin for washing the face and hands; a washbasin or wash-hand basin (
- a small city in North Dakota, USA
- a city in Wisconsin, USA
- A washbowl; a basin for washing.
- Any land that is flooded by a river from time to time.
- The state or essence of being a wasp.
- Any of several species of game fish, of the genus Cynoscion, found in North American waters.
- Of or pertaining to a weald, especially the weald in the county of Kent, England.
- A wooded place.
- The area of Wales where Welsh is widely spoken.
- A characteristically Welsh phrase, idiom, etc.
- A man who is a native or inhabitant of Wales.
- Essence; quiddity.
- Quality; quantity.
- A manufactured breakfast cereal made of a wheat and bran mixture baked into flakes.
- Existence at a particular point in time.
- Principles, philosophy, methods of a Whig.
- the lash of a whip
- an injury to the upper spine caused by a violent jerk of the head in either a backward or forward or side to side direction, resembling the motion of a whip
- To jerk back and forth; to buffet
- To lash as if with a whip
- a scholastic often pedantic person, wise guy
Possible word length