Page 1 from 1
Total results: 847
- A pivoted catch designed to fall into a notch on a ratchet wheel so as to allow movement in only one direction (e.g. on a windlass or in a clock mechanism), or alternatively to move the wheel in one direction.
- To stop with a pawl.
- To rove over, through, or about in a stealthy manner; especially, to search in, as for prey or booty.
- To idle; to go about aimlessly.
- To collect by plunder.
- The act of prowling.
- Scattered or ejected spittle
- To scatter spittle from the mouth; to spit
- A young offspring of a canid (ursid, felid, pinniped), especially of a dog or a wolf, the young of a bear or similar mammal (lion, tiger, seal); a pup, wolf cub.
- An insolent youth; a mere child.
- A kind of ship.
- One of several wooden strips to prevent wear on a windlass on a clipper-era ship.
- A tooth on a sprocket wheel (compare sprocket and cog).
- To give birth.
- The pendulous skin under the neck of an ox, which laps or licks the dew in grazing, or a similar feature on any other animal.
- The sagging flesh on the human throat of an old person.
- A city/town in Idaho.
- An amount sufficient to fill a pew.
- Turned over with the blade of a plow to create furrows (usually for planting crops).
- Well-trodden or well-researched, previously explored.
- A town in Alabama
- A city in Ohio
- A town in Texas
- A city in Wyoming
- Any course of study taken by an undergraduate in preparation for study at a law school.
- A riverboat used in northeast India and Bangladesh, chiefly as a cargo boat.
- To sit with the limbs spread out.
- To spread out in a disorderly fashion; to straggle.
- An ungainly sprawling posture.
- A straggling, haphazard growth, especially of housing on the edge of a city.
- To inflate.
- To blow up.
- To flow or stream upwards.
- To rise from a lower source; to well up.
- A heavy blow, punch.
- A person's ability to throw such punches.
- An emotional impact, psychological force.
- A thrill, emotionally excited reaction.
- anything produced by a process that involves boiling; beer, tea, whitewash.
- A thick piece of fat.
- A quick rolling movement; a gallop.
- To rush hastily.
- To flounder, wallow.
- To boil with a continued bubbling or heaving and rolling, with noise.
- To strike heavily, thrash soundly.
- To trounce, beat by a wide margin.
- To wrap up temporarily.
- To move in a rolling, cumbersome manner; to waddle.
- To be slatternly.
- To write a message to all operators on an Internet Relay Chat server.
- To intertwine; twist; entangle.
- To confuse.
- To twist or wind around.
- To wrestle; tumble; wriggle.
- To stagger; go in a zig-zag course; move with difficulty; struggle through.
- A cloth which usually covers the head and is worn around the neck and chin. It was worn by women in medieval Europe and is still worn by nuns in certain orders.
- A fold or pleat in cloth.
- A ripple, as on the surface of water.
- A curve or bend.
- A flag or streamer.
- To cover with a wimple.
- To draw down; to lower, like a veil.
- To cause to appear as if laid in folds or plaits; to cause to ripple or undulate.
- To flutter.
- To daub, soil, or make foul with spawl or spittle.
- A low-growing plant, with yellow flowers.
- Any of several other plants related or similar in appearance
- a flowering plant known as and
- a flowering plant known as and
- a flowering plant known as and
- marsh marigold, Caltha palustris, a plant in the buttercup family, growing in wet, boggy locations.
- A disease of poultry caused by viruses of the family Poxviridae and the genus
- Any of several medium-sized wading birds belonging to the subfamily Vanellinae within family Charadriidae.
- The tewit (Vanellus cristatus) (which is a type of lapwing in the first sense).
- A silly man.
- Work in which one part overlaps another.
- A pheasant of the genus Pavo or Afropavo, notable for the extravagant tails of the males; a peacock. The cry is "keeo".
- The paragraph mark ¶.
- Resembling a pillow: soft and fluffy
- A corduroy fabric having narrow ribs
- A boy plower, a boy who plows.
- A boy who helps the plowman by driving the draught animals in front of the plow.
- riding with neither foot leading, with the stick perpendicular to the fall line; not goofy nor regular.
- Construction material supplied in sheets, and made of three or more layers of wood veneer glued together, laid up with alternating layers having their grain perpendicular to each other.
- A specific grade or type of this construction material.
- The European spotted goby (
- One who roves about for prey; one who prowls.
- A sloping surface, leading down to the shore or to a river, on which ships are built, repaired or stored and from which they are launched.
- Small branches of a tree; twigs; sprays.
- The part of a flail that is free to swing, and which strikes the grain in threshing.
- A rising swell.
- To swell upward.
- To rise upward in a whirl; to raise upward with a whirling motion.
- from either of two places in Norfolk and Suffolk.
- Horace Walpole, 4th Earl of Orford, English politician and writer.
- The name of several towns or cities.
- a city in Iowa, USA
- Full of weeping or lamentation.
- Wearing a wimple.
- To cover with a wimple; veil.
- A burner that burns a fuel in air to produce a hot flame; a blowtorch
- a narrow tube through which a jet of air is directed onto a flame; used in the analysis of minerals etc and in jewelry manufacture
- a weapon through which darts may be shot by blowing; a blowgun
- a long narrow pipe, rotated in the hands, upon which glassware is blown
- To de-emphasize; to present or portray as less important or consequential.
- In the manner of pales, divided by perpendicular lines.
- The wood of the coconut palm.
- Suitable for being pawned.
- Any of various unrelated plants traditionally supposed to be effective in treating piles (hemorrhoids), especially
- or fireweed, a plant in the aster family;
- Ficaria verna (formerly Ranunculus ficaria), lesser celandine, a plant in the buttercup family.
- Any myriapod of the genus and allied genera which rolls up spirally; a
- Any plant of the genus a minute aquatic fern with small pill-shaped sporangia.
- An artificial flower with a stem, usually plastic, for children: the flower spins round in the wind, like a small paper windmill.
- A firework which forms a kind of spinning wheel.
- A cogged (toothed) gear.
- A pastry which resembles the artificial flowers above, with some filling or topping in the center.
- Any food product consisting of layers (for example of pastry and sweet filling, or of bread and meat) rolled into a spiral, visually similar to a cinnamon roll.
- To spin.
- An early form of railway using shaped iron rails.
- A place for play; playground.
- Clothes designed for children to wear while playing.
- Work that is very easy or enjoyable.
- A branch of childcare involving the supervision and development of play.
- That can be plowed.
- Towards the pole of a planet
- Towards the pole of a planet
- A polliwog.
- A sailor who has not yet crossed the equator.
- A person of Polynesian (usually Samoan) descent (Poly + wog).
- Having, or capable of exerting power, potency or influence.
- Large; capacious; said of veins of ore.
- The act of one who prowls.
- Wood, usually softwood, used for pulping to make paper.
- A type of pottery identified by its primary decorating process where slip is placed onto the dry surface by dipping, painting or splashing.
- The manufacture of slops, or cheap ready-made clothing.
- Clothing of this kind.
- Hasty, slovenly work of any kind.
- A large mass or avalanche of snow which slips down the side of a mountain, etc.
- That which is spawled, or spat out.
- A path designed to take away overflow safely.
- Someone or something which sprawls; agent noun of sprawl
- In an upward manner.
- Towards a higher level, position or status.
- One who wallops.
- A cudgel, a shillelagh.
- A policeman, a male police officer.
- An aircraft designed for combat
- Resembling or characteristic of a wasp.
- A small, young, or baby wasp.
- a plant of the genus Hoya.
- the lash of a whip
- an injury to the upper spine caused by a violent jerk of the head in either a backward or forward or side to side direction, resembling the motion of a whip
- To jerk back and forth; to buffet
- To lash as if with a whip
- Resembling a whip or some aspect of one; long, thin, and flexible.
- Any of many New World lizards, of the genus that have long, slender tails.
- A fish, the
- A leaf-distorting disorder in the cauliflower, caused by molybdenum deficiency.
- The pretty-faced wallaby.
- Resembling a wisp or some aspect of one.
- A pile of cut wood to be used as fuel.
- An arrangement of dominoes.
- A bag of wool, traditionally weighing 240 pounds.
- godwit, a type of bird.
- The wood of the apple tree.
- A child's game of blowing small fragments of wood through a tube.
- A sudden repressive or punitive restriction or control
- Having dewlaps (of a specified kind).
- in a direction down a slope
- down a slope
- a descent or declivity
- A hardened steel plate having a hole, or a gradation of conical holes, through which wires are drawn to be reduced and elongated.
- A container in which plants are grown.
- Any of the lizards in the genus
- A mole, Talpa europea.
- The cowslip (Primula veris).
- Of a delicate purplish-pink colour suggesting peach blooms; applied especially to a style of Chinese porcelain.
- Any of several flowering plants, of the genus Sagina, that have flowers the shape and size of small pearls.
- One who occupies the same pew as another.
- An intimate associate; a companion.
- One who has a pew reserved for themselves in church.
- a flowering plant in the aster family.
- a small city in Arkansas, USA.
- a CDP in California, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Georgia, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Illinois, USA.
- a neighbourhood in Kentucky, USA.
- a city in Minnesota, USA.
- a small city in Nebraska, USA.
- a hamlet and CDP in New York, USA.
- an unincorporated community in South Dakota, USA.
- a city in Tennessee, USA.
- a city in Texas, USA
- Across the grain, not parallel to it.
- A detachable share at the extreme front end of the plow body.
- The cutting edge of a plow, typically a metal blade.
- The hind part or handle of a plow.
- A female plower, who plows land with a plow.
- Towards a pole.
- Towards a pole.
- A supposed polymeric form of water reported to have been produced in fine capillaries; now known to be illusory
- A tetragonal-dipyramidal mineral containing calcium, molybdenum, and oxygen.
- Capable of being powered.
- Capable of being effected or accomplished by the application of power; possible.
- Capable of exerting power; powerful.
- Lacking sufficient power or strength.
- Lacking legal authority.
- A variety of Irish oyster, eaten as a delicacy.
- Land given to pasturing of sheep, smaller than a sheep-run.
- A building or estate shown for its beauty or noteworthiness.
- A location kept for display only.
- To walk and/or perform other actions while sleeping; to somnambulate.
- garments designed to be worn in bed; nightclothes
- lettuce (Lactuca sativa)
- In a sloping fashion; obliquely.
- A type of spelling bee in which participants sit down as they are eliminated.
- That sprawls
- Expansive; extensive
- The act of one who sprawls.
- Low-lying land that is regularly flooded; especially such land that is drier than a bog or a marsh.
- The set of all possible string theories.
- Without a swamp.
- Suitable for sweeping.
- Of a mine: capable of being located by minesweeping.
- fighting with a sword
- The striped, variegated wood of the tulip tree.
- An old Scots shilling.
- An upward movement from a lower source.
- the oceanographic phenomenon that occurs when strong, usually seasonal, winds push water away from the coast, bringing cold, nutrient-rich deep waters up to the surface
- whopping, large in size
- of exceptional, impressive quality
- A series of wallops (blows.)
- Verbal abuse.
- Decorative paper-like material used to cover the inner walls of buildings.
- A style or design of such material.
- An image or tiled pattern used as a background to personalize a computer desktop.
- To cover (a wall, a room, etc) with wallpaper.
- Of or relating to (1676–1745), British statesman generally regarded as having been the first British prime minister.
- Of or relating to (1717–1797), 4th Earl of Orford, English art historian and politician.
- In a waspish manner.
- The discard pile; the area where the cards from the stock go when they are brought into play.
- In a weeping manner.
- A ship used for hunting whales.
- The accidental or deliberate spinning of the wheels of a vehicle, especially when starting
- That can be whipped.
- A stall of an aircraft in near-vertical climb, followed by slip-back, before the nose turns toward the ground, sometimes an intentional stunt.
- To stall in this fashion.
- The place where someone works.
- A city in western Germany.
- Any of the genus of plants with yellow flowers, related to the sunflower.
- A woman who sells apples.
- A city in West Punjab in Pakistan.
- The district surrounding this city.
- The administrative division of Pakistan which contains this district.
- Adorned with cowslips.
- A company of people that share the same interest or aim.
- A feeling of friendship, relatedness or connection between people.
- A merit-based scholarship.
- A temporary position at an academic institution with limited teaching duties and ample time for research; this may also be called a postdoc.
- A period of supervised, sub-specialty medical training in the United States and Canada that a physician may undertake after completing a specialty training program or residency.
- To admit to fellowship, enter into fellowship with; to make feel welcome by showing friendship or building a cordial relationship. definition
- To join in fellowship; to associate with. definition
- Deserving or worthy of help.
- Someone who works with lampwork
- A flowering plant, that yields a milky juice.
- The light elastic wood of Aspidosperma excelsum, a South American tree whose trunk is readily split into planks.
- A gelechiid moth, destructive to certain trees.
- In parcels or allotments; piecemeal, fragmented.
- In a parcelwise fashion.
- variegated pottery made from a mixture of clays of different colours
- Any of several evergreen plants of the genus Vinca with blue or white flowers.
- A color with bluish and purplish hues, somewhat light.
- Of pale bluish purple colour.
- A mollusk of genus Littorina.
- A flowering plant of the genus Batis.
- A flowering plant of the genus Salicornia.
- A torture device for fingers and toes.
- Without a pillow.
- Resembling a pillow.
- playmate; companion for someone (especially children) to play with.
- A writer and creator of theatrical plays.
- One who writes plays; a playwright.
- a city in Montana, USA
- Moving, like a plough on a field, alternately from left to right and from right to left.
- In a ploughwise manner.
- Resembling powder.
- In a powerful manner.
- In a prowling manner.
- A city in the Punjab Province of Pakistan and capital of the district by that name.
- An acrobat who performs a tightrope dance; a ropedancer.
- One in a state of magnetic or mesmeric sleep.
- In a spiral shape or motion.
- In a spiral shape or motion.
- Any of a number of types of ferns in the genus Asplenium.
- In an encompassing manner.
- Heading uphill.
- Heading uphill.
- The horizontal cross section of a vessel on a level with the waterline
- lacking a weapon
- The source of water for a stream, spring or well; a fountainhead; a wellhead.
- A perennial source of anything; a fountainhead of supply or emanation; resource.
- Any of numerous species of elegant, usually white, marine shells of the genus especially which was formerly highly valued.
- Westfalen, a subdivision (“Landschaftsverband”) of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia in Germany.
- Westfalen, a region of Germany in the states of North Rhine-Westphalia and Lower Saxony.
- A former realm of Germany
- A city in Iowa.
- A city in Kansas.
- A village in Michigan.
- A city in Missouri.
- With a whipping motion.
- With a whooping noise.
- To a very great extent; extremely.
- Tending to worship; showing reverence.
- A kind of coarse overcoat.
- To fight and scratch.
- To abuse with words; to revile; to scold.
- Indian union territory comprising twelve atolls in the Arabian Sea, having Kavaratti as its capital.
- a tree in the citrus family.
- Resistant to mildew.
- To make resistant to mildew.
- A female equivalent of a patrolman
- The female equivalent of a plainsman.
- Architectural work executed in plaster.
- The writing of plays.
- A female police officer.
- In a powerless manner.
- One whose thinking is shallow or superficial.
- The state of one who is mesmerized, or in a partial and morbid sleep.
- Someone who walks about in their sleep.
- Any of various plants of the genus usually with orange or yellow flowers.
- An astronaut engaging in a space walk or other activity outside the spacecraft
- Without sparrows.
- Resembling a sparrow in some way; vivacious, chirpy, frail, etc.
- Similar to that of a sparrow.
- The larva of a noctuid moth ( which feeds inside the stalks of maize, sometimes causing much damage. It is smooth, with a black head and tail and a row of black dots across each segment.
- In a sprawling manner; widely and haphazardly.
- A very successful or powerful lawyer.
- One who takes part in swordplay; a fencer or gladiator.
- The monetary amount of twelve pence.
- Having a value or cost of twelvepence.
- Of a mine: incapable of being located by minesweeping.
- Having had wallpaper applied.
- The aggressive foreign policy of Kaiser of Germany beginning in 1891.
- A shapeshifter who can change between leopard and human form.
- Of or pertaining to the Westphalia region or its people and culture.
- Of or pertaining to Westphalian Low German.
- Of or pertaining to the of 1648 which established a new system of political order in central Europe, based on the concept of co-existing sovereign states.
- Someone from Westphalia
- One of the major dialect groups of West Low German (also called Westfalish) spoken in Westphalia.
- A European phase of the upper Carboniferous period.
- A warmblood horse bred in the Westphalia region.
- a wooden crossbar for a plough or carriage, pivoted in the middle, from which traces are fastened to a draught animal.
- A district in east London, England, traditionally a poor working-class neighbourhood.
- Capable of being worshiped; worthy of veneration.
- Devoid of religious worship.
- A beating with a bullwhip.
- Any member of the family Dicaeidae of passerine birds, many of which feed on nectar.
- Adherence to a leader.
- A group of followers.
- Excessively powerful.
- The quality of being powerful.
- The act of walking while not conscious or aware of it, during one's sleep.
- With a whimpering sound.
- In a whispering manner; quietly.
- a ghost town in Arizona, USA.
- a town in Indiana, USA
- a town in Maryland, USA.
- a place name in Michigan, USA.
- a village in Ohio, USA.
- a city in Pennsylvania, USA
- an unincorporated community in Tennessee, USA.
- an unincorporated community in West Virginia, USA.
- In a worshipful manner; reverentially.
- The honor or position of being a wrangler at the University of Cambridge, England.
- To subject to disfellowshipment.
- The state or position of landowner.
- The land belonging to a landowner; a smallholding.
- Any of very many vines in North America and elsewhere, of the genus Passiflora, that bear edible fruit, called passion fruit and showy flowers of a structure symbolic of the Passion of Christ.
- The flower of this plant.
- Writing plays: the craft of a playwright
- The state or character of being powerless; absence or lack of power.
- Very powerful; having, or capable of exerting great power, potency, or influence.
- A city in the West Midlands of England.
- As much as could be bought for a halfpenny (pre- or post-decimalisation).
- A negligible amount.
- In an overpowering manner.
- The state or duration of being playfellows; camaraderie between children.
- In a praiseworthy manner.
- To acknowledge in advance.
- An electromechanical communications device consisting of a typewriter keyboard and printer together with a punched paper tape reader/writer and connection to a modem so that information may be sent and received over a telephone system.
- Walpurgis night, a feast of witchcraft in German folklore; any orgiastic or bacchanalian party.
- Capability of being worshiped; worthiness of veneration.
- The state or condition of being worshipful; reverence.
- The use of a teletypewriter.
- A town in Anglesey, Wales, full name Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.
Possible word length