Page 1 from 30
Total results: 30417
- Easily fooled, gullible.
- A large cup for hot liquids, usually having a handle and used without a saucer.
- The face, often used deprecatingly.
- A gullible or easily-cheated person.
- A stupid or contemptible person.
- To strike in the face.
- To assault for the purpose of robbery.
- To exaggerate a facial expression for communicative emphasis; to make a face, to pose, as for photographs or in a performance, in an exaggerated or affected manner.
- To photograph for identification; to take a mug shot.
- Learn or review a subject as much as possible in a short time; cram.
- Motherfucker (usually in similes, e.g. "like a mug" or "as a mug")
- To make the umm sound to express confusion or hesitancy.
- The creator god of Heliopolis, the original source of all matter, associated with the evening sun.
- A town in Texas.
- Toilet paper.
- Useless papers; now especially official documents, standardized forms, sales and marketing print material etc.
- Unable to speak; lacking power of speech (kept in "deaf, dumb, and blind").
- Silent; unaccompanied by words.
- extremely stupid.
- Pointless, foolish, lacking intellectual content or value.
- Lacking brightness or clearness, as a colour.
- To silence.
- To make stupid.
- To represent as stupid.
- To reduce the intellectual demands of.
- A place where waste or garbage is left; a ground or place for dumping ashes, refuse, etc.; a disposal site.
- A car or boat for dumping refuse, etc.
- That which is dumped, especially in a chaotic way; a mess.
- An act of dumping, or its result.
- A formatted listing of the contents of program storage, especially when produced automatically by a failing program
- A storage place for supplies, especially military.
- An unpleasant, dirty, disreputable, or unfashionable, boring or depressing looking place.
- An act of defecation; a defecating.
- A dull, gloomy state of the mind; sadness; melancholy; low spirits; despondency; ill humor (usually plural).
- Absence of mind; revery.
- A pile of ore or rock.
- A melancholy strain or tune in music; any tune.
- An old kind of dance.
- A small coin made by punching a hole in a larger coin (called a holey dollar).
- To release, especially in large quantities and chaotic manner.
- To discard; to get rid of something one does not want anymore.
- To sell below cost or very cheaply; to engage in dumping.
- To copy data from a system to another place or system, usually in order to archive it.
- To output the contents of storage or a data structure, often in order to diagnose a bug.
- To end a relationship with.
- To knock heavily; to stump.
- To put or throw down with more or less of violence; hence, to unload from a cart by tilting it
- To precipitate (especially snow) heavily.
- A thick, ill-shapen piece.
- A lead counter used in the game of chuck-farthing.
- Producing, or filled with fumes
- Morose, stern, surly, sullen.
- Low, deep in the throat; guttural
- A pout, especially as expressing mock-annoyance or flirtatiousness.
- To be able to; may; must.
- An old French liquid measure of approximately 274.2 litres.
- The sludge that collects at the bottom of an aquarium, consisting of fish excrement, decaying plant matter, and other assorted detritus.
- To mumble, speak unclearly.
- To move the lips with the mouth closed; to mumble, as in sulkiness.
- To beg, especially if using a repeated phrase.
- To deprive of (something) by cheating; to impose upon.
- To cheat; to deceive; to play the beggar.
- To be sullen or sulky.
- A cube of peat.
- A common name for the flower chrysanthemum.
- One million United States dollars
- A greasy secretion with a powerful odour, produced in a glandular sac of the male musk deer and used in the manufacture of perfumes.
- A similar secretion produced by the otter and the civet.
- A synthetic organic compound used as a substitute for the above.
- The odour of musk.
- The musk deer (genus Moschus).
- The (
- A plant of the genus ( the
- A plant of the genus Muscari; grape hyacinth.
- The scent of human genitalia when aroused or unwashed, especially that of a man.
- To perfume with musk.
- To do with certainty; definition.
- To do as a requirement; definition.
- Something that is mandatory or required.
- The property of being stale or musty.
- Something that exhibits the property of being stale or musty.
- Fruit juice that will ferment or has fermented, usually grapes.
- To make musty.
- To become musty.
- A time during which male elephants exhibit increased levels of sexual activity and aggressiveness
- An elephant in this sexual and aggressive state.
- Without the power of sensation and motion or feeling; insensible.
- Not able to react, surprised, shocked.
- Causing numbness.
- To cause to become numb.
- The female gamete in animals; the egg cell.
- A device for moving or compressing a liquid or gas.
- An instance of the action of a pump; one stroke of a pump; any action similar to pumping
- A device for dispensing liquid or gas to be sold, particularly fuel.
- A swelling of the muscles caused by increased blood flow following high intensity weightlifting.
- A ride on a bicycle given to a passenger, usually on the handlebars or fender.
- The heart.
- To use a pump to move (liquid or gas).
- To fill with air.
- To move rhythmically, as the motion of a pump.
- To shake (a person's hand) vigorously.
- To gain information from (a person) by persistent questioning.
- To use a pump to move liquid or gas.
- To be going very well.
- To kick, throw or hit the ball far and high.
- To pass gas; to fart.
- To pass (messages) into a program so that it can obey them.
- A type of shoe, a trainer or sneaker.
- A type of women's shoe which leaves the instep uncovered and has a relatively high heel, especially a stiletto (with a very high and thin heel)
- A dancing shoe.
- A type of shoe without a heel.
- A layer of impurities that accumulates at the surface of a liquid (especially molten metal or water).
- A greenish water vegetation (such as algae), usually found floating on the surface of ponds
- The topmost liquid layer of a cesspool or septic tank.
- A reprehensible person or persons.
- To remove the layer of scum from (a liquid etc.).
- To remove (something) as scum.
- To become covered with scum.
- To scour (the land, sea etc.).
- To gather together, as scum.
- To startscum or savescum.
- A dilapidated neighborhood where many people live in a state of poverty.
- To visit a neighborhood of a status below one's own.
- To associate with people or engage in activities with a status below one's own.
- A flake of ash or soot.
- Sexually vulgar material; something that is sexual in a dirty way; pornographic material.
- Obscene language; ribaldry; obscenity.
- A promiscuous woman.
- Any of a range of fungi, mostly Ustilaginomycetes, that cause plant disease in grasses, including cereal crops; the disease so caused.
- Bad, soft coal containing earthy matter, found in the immediate locality of faults.
- To stain (or be stained) with soot etc.
- To gather smut; to be converted into smut; to become smutted.
- To taint (grain, etc.) with the smut fungus.
- To clear of the smut fungus.
- Unfermented grape juice; must.
- Wine revived by new fermentation, resulting from the admixture of must.
- to ferment
- to renew (wine etc.) by mixing must with it and raising a new fermentation
- A hollow or pit into which liquid drains, such as a cesspool, cesspit or sink.
- The lowest part of a mineshaft into which water drains.
- A completely flooded cave passage, sometimes passable by diving.
- The crankcase or oil reservoir of an internal combustion engine.
- The pit at the lowest point in a circulating or drainage system (FM 55-501).
- An intentional depression around a drain or scupper that promotes drainage.
- Of a cave passage, to end in a sump, or to fill completely with water on occasion.
- A city on the Psel river in Ukraine, administrative centre of Sumy province.
- Sumy province (oblast), in northern Ukraine.
- A mound or hillock.
- To form a mass of earth or a hillock about.
- to bump, knock (usually used with "over", possibly a combination of "tip" and "dump")
- To fall over.
- To draw or drag, as a deer or other animal after it has been killed.
- A tumpline.
- A tree or wood mentioned in the Bible (2 Chron. ii. 8; 1 K. x. 11), possibly juniper or red sandalwood.
- In a frantic or frenzied and violent manner; in a confused, jumbled or uncontrolled state.
- A church.
- To cover, bespatter, or befoul with mud.
- To confuse; muddle.
- A drink made from rum, water, sugar, and nutmeg.
- The ritual tossing of someone into the air to celebrate their birthday.
- rough; jumpy; causing or characterized by jolts and irregular movements
- covered with or full of bumps
- Having a full, voluptuous figure, especially possessing large breasts.
- Healthy, lively.
- Cheerful, lively, happy.
- Flexible, pliant.
- Great heat, as of the body in fever.
- An incompetent person, a blockhead; a loser.
- A gullible person; a sucker; someone easily taken advantage of; someone lacking common sense.
- The thick end, especially of a piece of wood or of a joint of meat.
- A cluster or lump; an unshaped piece or mass.
- A thick group or bunch, especially of bushes or hair.
- A dull thud.
- The compressed clay of coal strata.
- A small group of trees or plants.
- To form clusters or lumps.
- To gather into thick groups.
- To walk with heavy footfalls.
- An Ancient Greek, and then Roman, settlement near Naples famed for its sibyl.
- The flowering plant in the family Apiaceae.
- Its aromatic long seed, used as a spice, notably in Indian, Middle Eastern, and Mexican cookery.
- Any of several univalent radicals derived from cumene
- To linger; to stay; to tarry
- To delay; to pause; to suspend proceedings or judgment in view of a doubt or difficulty; to hesitate; to put off the determination or conclusion of an affair.
- To scruple or object; to take exception; to oppose; to balk
- To interpose a demurrer.
- To suspend judgment concerning; to doubt of or hesitate about
- To cause delay to; to put off
- Stop; pause; hesitation as to proceeding; suspense of decision or action; scruple.
- A genre of instrumental folk music from Ukraine
- A silent person; a person who does not talk.
- An unintelligent person.
- A figure of a person or animal used by a ventriloquist; a puppet.
- Something constructed with the size and form of a human, to be used in place of a person.
- A deliberately nonfunctional device or tool used in place of a functional one.
- A "dummy teat"; a plastic or rubber teat used to soothe or comfort a baby; a pacifier.
- A player whose hand is shown and is to be played from by another player.
- A bodily gesture meant to fool an opposing player in sport; a feint.
- A word serving only to make a construction grammatical.
- An unused parameter or value.
- To make a mock-up or prototype version of something, without some or all off its intended functionality.
- To feint
- short and thick; stout or stocky
- A small bottle of beer.
- An Ottoman Turkish unit of surface area nominally equal to 1,600 square (Turkish) paces but actually varied at a provincial and local level according to land quality to accommodate its colloquial sense of the amount of land able to be plowed in a day, roughly equivalent to the Byzantine stremma or English acre.
- A modern Turkish unit of surface area equal to a decare (1000 m²), equivalent to the modern Greek stremma.
- Various other units in other areas of the former Ottoman Empire, usually equated to the decare but sometimes varying (as in Iraq, where it is 2500 m²).
- to put (troops) onto a bus
- to board a bus
- A district of the Bahamas consisting of over 365 islands and cays, including Great and Little Exuma.
- A city in Egypt, and the associated region.
- A ravine or gorge, usually one with water running through.
- An open channel or trough used to direct or divert liquids.
- To move or fall heavily, or with a dull sound.
- To drop something heavily or with a dull sound.
- The dull sound so produced.
- A frumpy person, somebody who is unattractive, drab or dowdy.
- The clothes that such a person would wear.
- To insult; to flout; to mock; to snub.
- A type of concentrated food stock that is added to sauces to enhance their flavour. Variations are fish fumet and mushroom fumet.
- A ragout of partridge and rabbit braised in wine.
- form of (stench or high flavour of meat)
- The dung of deer.
- Smoky, vaporous.
- A fish sauce popular in Ancient Rome.
- Sticky; smeared with something sticky.
- To grope with the hands, as in the dark.
- To grasp or snatch (at).
- a basal, membranous, outer sterile husk or bract in the flowers of grasses (Poaceae) and sedges (Cyperaceae)
- To be sullen; to sulk.
- A thick semisolid
- A clot (of blood)
- A habitually grumpy or complaining person.
- To complain.
- To be grumpy.
- a soft, non-cancerous growth, a form of granuloma, resulting from the tertiary stage of syphilis.
- Showing the gums.
- A sheep that is losing or has lost its teeth.
- Resembling gum (the substance).
- Covered with gum or a substance resembling gum.
- A gummi candy.
- (collectively) The stems of various cultivated plants, left after harvesting the crop to be used as animal litter or for thatching
- An individual plant stem.
- Part of a harness; a hame.
- The eye of a bean or other seed; the mark or scar at the point of attachment of an ovule or seed to its base or support.
- The nucleus of a starch grain.
- A depression or fissure through which ducts, nerves, or blood vessels enter and leave a gland or organ; a porta.
- Meaningless nonsense with an outward appearance of being impressive and legitimate.
- Of, or relating to humus.
- Containing perceptible moisture (usually describing air or atmosphere); damp; moist; somewhat wet or watery
- The part of the organic matter in soil that does not dissolve in dilute alkali
- Characterised by humps, uneven.
- Muscular; hunky.
- Hunched, bent over.
- Sulky; irritable.
- A hut or temporary shelter made from bark and tree branches, especially for Aborigines.
- A city in Utah, United States.
- name associated with
- The last, and usually the longest, division of the small intestine; the part between the jejunum and large intestine.
- To wet or stain an object completely with some physical quality.
- In general, to act in a way which results in an object becoming completely permeated or impregnated by some quality.
- A particular region: the southern part of the former princely state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The city of located on the banks of Tawi river, which is one the largest cities in this region and which serves as the winter capital of the Indian-administered part of Jammu and Kashmir.
- A large vessel for drinking (usually alcoholic beverages).
- A large quantity.
- The contents, or quantity of the contents, of such a vessel.
- One of the ridges commonly found on the fruit of umbelliferous plants.
- A pair of opposite leaflets of a pinnate plant.
- Especially large or powerful.
- An especially large or powerful person, animal or thing.
- Nervous and excited.
- a plant in the mangosteen family with culinary, pharmaceutical, and industrial uses.
- Edible kelp used in East Asian cuisine
- a Turkic language spoken by the Kumyks in the Dagestan region of the Russian Federation.
- A tribal people of Nepal (and to a lesser extent India and Bhutan).
- Their Tibeto-Burman language, written in a unique script.
- A royal official who presided over the New Year festival at the start of the reign of an Assyrian king.
- Abbreviated form of locum tenens.The Concise Oxford English Dictionary [Eleventh Edition]
- A share in a Genoese trading vessel.
- Full of lumps, not smooth.
- Characteristic of a water surface covered in many small waves as a result of wind, choppy.
- A Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China just west of Hong Kong, previously under Portuguese control.
- A member of an indigenous people of northern California, residing in the central Sierra Nevada.
- an evil or wrongdoing.
- A small wild cat of Central Asia, syn,
- Any of several trees of New Zealand, especially in the genus
- A beverage made from the bark of certain species in the genus or related plants and widely consumed in the Caribbean.
- name; a less common spelling of Maud.
- A wicker basket.
- A unit of capacity with various specific local values.
- A handbasket with two lids.
- A unit of weight in southern and western Asia, whose value varied widely by location. Two maunds made one chest of opium in East India. One maund equalled 136 pounds of opium in Turkey.
- to beg
- To mutter; to mumble or speak incoherently; to maunder.
- A bright purple synthetic dye.
- The colour of this dye; a pale purple or violet colour.
- Having a pale purple colour.
- A heavy, low-quality fuel oil, used in generating plants and similar applications, or broken down to produce diesel.
- A river in Europe that flows about 901 km (560 mi) from France through Belgium (Wallonia region) to the North Sea at the Netherlands.
- A department of Lorraine, France (INSEE code 55)
- The cry of a cat.
- To give the cry of a cat.
- a Persian gold coin
- a gold coin of British India whose value was fifteen rupees
- A city in northern Iraq; capital of Nineveh province.
- A former province in Mesopotamia, of the Ottoman Empire
- The process of shedding or losing a covering of fur, feathers or skin etc.
- The skin or feathers cast off during the process of moulting.
- To shed or lose a covering of hair or fur, feathers, skin, horns, etc, and replace it with a fresh one.
- To shed in such a manner.
- To express sadness or sorrow for; to grieve over (especially a death).
- Sorrow, grief.
- A ring fitted upon the head of a lance to prevent wounding an adversary in tilting.
- Any small rodent of the genus Mus.
- A member of the many small rodent and marsupial species resembling such a rodent.
- A quiet or shy person.
- (plural mice or, rarely, mouses) An input device that is moved over a pad or other flat surface to produce a corresponding movement of a pointer on a graphical display.
- A turn or lashing of spun yarn or small stuff, or a metallic clasp or fastening, uniting the point and shank of a hook to prevent its unhooking or straighening out.
- A match used in firing guns or blasting.
- A small model of (a fragment of) with desirable properties (depending on the context).
- To move cautiously or furtively, in the manner of a mouse (the rodent) (frequently used in the phrasal verb to mouse around).
- To hunt or catch mice (the rodents), usually of cats.
- To close the mouth of a hook by a careful binding of marline or wire.
- To navigate by means of a computer mouse.
- To tear, as a cat devours a mouse.
- Resembling a mouse
- Quiet, stealthy
- A greyish brown colour.
- Of or pertaining to mucic acid or its derivatives
- musty; mouldy; slimy; mucous
- Any of several glycoproteins found in mucus
- Covered in muck.
- Obscene, pornographic.
- A pointed end, often sharp, abruptly terminating an organ, such as a projection at the tip of a leaf; the posterior tip of a cuttlebone; or the distal part of the furcula in Collembola.
- A slippery secretion from the lining of the mucous membranes.
- Either of two milkweed-like shrubs, which yield a strong fibre and an acrid milky juice used medicinally:
- Calotropis gigantea (crown flower,
- Calotropis procera (apple of Sodom)
- Covered with or full of mud or wet soil.
- With mud or other sediment brought into suspension, turbid.
- Not clear; mixed up or blurry.
- Confused; stupid; incoherent; vague.
- Soiled with feces.
- To get mud on (something).
- To make a mess of, or create confusion with regard to; to muddle.
- humid, or hot and humid.
- Any of the many species of grasses of genus Muhlenbergia.
- A peasant, especially in pre-revolutionary (imperial) Russia.
- A fine or penalty, especially a pecuniary one.
- To impose such a fine or penalty.
- To swindle (someone) out of money.
- Without horns.
- mule deer
- Any of a number of small acacia trees, especially forming dense scrub in dry inland areas of Australia.
- The outback.
- Something made from the wood of a mulga tree.
- A mulga wire.
- Wine boiled and mixed with honey.
- Characteristic of a mum; motherly
- mum, mother
- The bonnet monkey.
- To transform data in an undefined or unexplained manner.
- To add a spamblock to (an email address).
- To corrupt a record about an individual by erroneously merging in information about another individual.
- A large painting, usually drawn on a wall.
- Of or relating to a wall; on, or in, or against a wall.
- Resembling a wall; perpendicular or steep.
- To create a mural.
- any member of the Muroidea superfamily of rodents
- Any seabird of the genus Uria in the family Alcidae (the auks).
- One of the hereditary nobility among the Tatars, especially one of the second class.
- Of or pertaining to the Muses, or to poetry.
- An itinerant player on the musette, a musical instrument formerly common in Europe.
- A small hole or gap through which a wild animal passes; a muse.
- Resembling or having the consistency of mush; semiliquid, pasty, or granular.
- Soft; squishy.
- Overly sappy, corny, or cheesy.
- having the scent of musk
- Having been mussed: messy, rumpled.
- A time during which male elephants exhibit increased levels of sexual activity and aggressiveness and often secrete leaking temporin from the sides of their heads.
- Having a stale odor.
- A nightcap (hat worn to bed).
- A linen or muslin hat, especially one of a type once commonly worn by elderly women and young children.
- Something that mutes sound.
- Having no pointed or
- Lacking certain defensive structures, as spines or claws.
- A lake on the border between Zambia and Congo.
- The goddess of the primeval sea that gave rise to heaven and earth.
- A province of Wallonia, Belgium.
- The capital city of Wallonia.
- Namur islet, Kwajalein atoll, Marshall Islands.
- wood of the tree (or several other similar) that was once used for boat building, architectural woodworking and wood art in China
- A sign used in early musical notation
- A contract in early Ancient Rome in which the debtor pledged his own person as collateral should he default on his loan (thus risking becoming a slave to the creditor).
- A new feature.
- A game of dice, properly called novem quinque, the two principal throws being nine and five.
- a divinity, especially a local or presiding god
- A material, consisting of tarred fibres, used to caulk or pack joints in plumbing, masonry, and wooden shipbuilding.
- The coarse portion separated from flax or hemp in hackling.
- Hatred; dislike.
- The quality that provokes hatred; offensiveness.
- A Roman military javelin.
- Having a full and rounded shape; chubby, somewhat overweight.
- Sudden and without reservation; blunt; direct; downright.
- To grow plump; to swell out.
- To make plump; to fill (out) or support; often with up.
- To cast or let drop all at once, suddenly and heavily.
- To give a plumper (kind of vote).
- To give (a vote), as a plumper.
- (used with for) To favor or decide in favor of something.
- To drop or fall suddenly or heavily, all at once.
- Directly; suddenly; perpendicularly.
- A knot or cluster; a group; a crowd.
- Covered or adorned with plumes, or as with plumes; feathery.
- A Jewish festival, celebrated on the 14th day of Adar, commemorating the deliverance of the Persian Jews from a massacre.
- A line which crosses successive meridians at a constant angle
- One of the 32 points of the compass (compass points)
- A unit of angular measure equal to 1/32 of a circle or 11.25°
- Broken, as an ordinary; cut off, or broken at the top, as a chevron, a bend, etc.
- In a rum manner; oddly, strangely.
- A statement or claim of questionable accuracy, from no known reliable source, usually spread by word of mouth.
- Information or misinformation of the kind contained in such claims.
- To tell a rumor about; to gossip.
- A Manx cat with virtually no tail, particularly prized among Manx breeders.
- A powerful depilatory fluid made from quicklime and sulphite of arsenic boiled in an alkaline solution.
- A cloak, worn in ancient times by the Gauls, early Germans, and Roman soldiers, made of a rectangular piece of (usually red) coarse cloth and fastened on the right shoulder.
- One of the three seasons of Ancient Egypt; Low Water.
- A simultaneous exhibition: one player, typically very strong, plays several games at the same time against different opponents, typically weaker.
- To collapse heavily or helplessly.
- To decline or fall off in activity or performance.
- To slouch or droop.
- To lump; to throw together messily.
- To fall or sink suddenly through or in, when walking on a surface, as on thawing snow or ice, a bog, etc.
- A heavy or helpless collapse; a slouching or drooping posture; a period of poor activity or performance, especially an extended period.
- A measure of the fluidity of freshly mixed concrete, based on how much the concrete formed in a standard slump cone sags when the cone is removed.
- A boggy place.
- The noise made by anything falling into a hole, or into a soft, miry place.
- The gross amount; the mass; the lump.
- A period when the person lives without sex when sex is expected or desired.
- A beaten or pulverized mass.
- An act of crushing or squeezing.
- to mash; or push; especially to push down or in; compress
- To engage in intimate contact, especially sexual relations.
- Foam or froth of liquid, particularly that of seawater.
- To froth.
- frothy, emitting froth or spume
- An oilskin hat; a southwester.
- A shaft, conduit, adit, or gallery to drain a mine.
- The remains of something that has been cut off; especially the remains of a tree, the remains of a limb.
- The place or occasion at which a campaign takes place; the husting.
- A place or occasion at which a person harangues or otherwise addresses a group in a manner suggesting political oration.
- One of three small wooden posts which together with the bails make the wicket and that the fielding team attempt to hit with the ball.
- An artists’ drawing tool made of rolled paper used to smudge or blend marks made with charcoal, Conté crayon, pencil or other drawing media.
- A wooden or concrete pole used to support a house.
- A leg.
- A pin in a tumbler lock which forms an obstruction to throwing the bolt except when the gates of the tumblers are properly arranged, as by the key.
- A pin or projection in a lock to form a guide for a movable piece.
- to stop, confuse, or puzzle
- to baffle; to be unable to find an answer to a question or problem
- to campaign
- to travel over (a state, a district, etc.) giving speeches for electioneering purposes
- to get a batsman out stumped
- to bowl down the stumps of (a wicket)
- to walk heavily or clumsily, plod, trudge
- Any of various shrubs or small trees of the genus Rhus and other genera in Anacardiaceae.
- A sour spice popular in the Eastern Mediterranean, made from the berries of (
- A dunce; a blockhead.
- A thrumming sound; a hum or vibration. Also fig.
- To cause a steady rhythmic vibration, usually by plucking.
- To make a monotonous drumming noise.
- the ends of the warp threads in a loom which remain unwoven attached to the loom when the web is cut.
- a fringe made of such threads.
- any short piece of leftover thread or yarn; a tuft or tassel.
- a threadlike part of a flower; a stamen.
- a tuft, bundle, or fringe of any threadlike structures, as hairs on a leaf, fibers of a root.
- a bundle of minute blood vessels, a plexus.
- small pieces of rope yarn used for making mats or mops.
- a mat made of canvas and tufts of yarn.
- A shove out of place; a small displacement or fault along a seam.
- to furnish with thrums; to insert tufts in; to fringe.
- to insert short pieces of rope-yarn or spun yarn in.
- A blow that produces a muffled sound.
- The sound of such a blow; a thud.
- To hit (someone or something) as if to make a thump.
- To cause to make a thumping sound.
- To thud or pound.
- To throb with a muffled rhythmic sound.
- A fine, strong fibre obtained from the young leaves of a Brazilian palm (Astrocaryum vulgare), used for cordage, bowstrings, etc.
- The plant that yields this fibre.
- swollen, enlarged, bulging
- cancerous, unhealthy
- pompous, bombastic
- A protruding belly; a paunch.
- A (modern) ball game, descended from tlachtli.
- Pertaining to ulmin; designating an acid obtained from ulmin.
- A brown amorphous substance found in decaying vegetation.
- A flat-topped or rounded flower-cluster (= inflorescence) in which the individual flower stalks arise from the same point, the youngest flowers being at the centre.
- A large, open boat made of skins stretched over a wooden frame that is propelled by paddles; used by the Eskimos for transportation.
- Being indefinite, unspecified
- A Native American people, one of the three main divisions of the Lenape Nation.
- The Delaware language of these people.
- To disarm, to remove the armour and weapons from.
- To remove the gum from.
- To remove a blockage from; to release from being jammed.
- To castrate; to remove the manhood of.
- To sap the strength, whether physical or emotional, required to deal with a situation.
- Not met; unfulfilled; not achieved; fallen short of.
- To release from confinement or restraint.
- To separate the components of (a mixture).
- A small village in Hampshire, England.
- A city/town in North Dakota.
- A town in Wisconsin.
- A salt lake in northwestern Iran near Turkey.
- City in northwestern Iran on the shore of the lake of the same name. Capital of West Azerbaijan province.
- A warm knitted jacket from the southwest of the USA.
- A ceremonial tunic among the Lakota people.
- A thumping sound.
- To strike something with a whump.
- Of or relating to a language family spoken by Native Americans in the southwestern United States and northwestern Mexico.
- A yummy mummy.
- A red ocher used to darken mahogany and for making chloride of potassium.
- To consume gradually; to waste away.
- To recline, as at table.
- a promontory of Acarnania in Ancient Greece where and Cleopatra were defeated by Octavian in a naval battle in 31 BC
- Quickness of perception or discernment; penetration of mind; the faculty of nice discrimination.
- A sharp, tapering point extending from a plant.
- A bony, often sharp, protuberance, especially that of the ischium.
- The innermost sanctuary or shrine in ancient temples, whence oracles were given.
- A private chamber; a sanctum.
- Full of purpose.
- A painful constriction of the base of the fifth toe, frequently followed by autoamputation, occurring predominantly in black Africans and their descendants.
- A danger signal or warning.
- A call to arms.
- To sound alarums, to sound an alarm.
- An old liquid measure.
- A female pupil or student (especially of a university or college).
- A female graduate.
- An individual alumnus or alumna.
- The act of concealing oneself and lying in wait to attack by surprise.
- An attack launched from a concealed position.
- The troops posted in a concealed place, for attacking by surprise; those who lie in wait.
- To station in ambush with a view to surprise an enemy.
- To attack by ambush; to waylay.
- A foetus born without limbs.
- Someone not a party to a case who submits a brief and/or presents oral argument in that case.
- The total, aggregate or sum of material
- A quantity or volume.
- The number (the sum) of elements in a set.
- To total or evaluate.
- To be the same as or equivalent to.
- To go up; to ascend.
- A kind of protective charm or ornament, often bearing magical symbols, worn for protection against ill will, negative influences or evil spirits.
- The sediment in olive oil.
- Pleasurably entertained.
- Displaying amusement.
- Enjoying humor aspects (of something).
- Someone who amuses.
- One who diverts attention, usually to distract or bewilder, often for fraudulent purposes; hence a cheat, deceiver or thief.
- One of a class of rogues who carry snuff or dust in their pockets, which they throw into the eyes of people so as to enable their accomplices to rob them while pretending to help them.
- The inability to comprehend or respond to music.
- Wanting in muscle; without flesh.
- The basic impulses and instincts which govern one's actions.
- A feeling of enmity, animosity or ill will.
- The masculine aspect of the feminine psyche or personality.
- A bodily cavity, especially one having bony walls, especially one in the sinuses.
- The amount an arm or arms can hold.
- A protective layer over a body, vehicle, or other object intended to deflect or diffuse damaging forces.
- A natural form of this kind of protection on an animal's body.
- Metal plate, protecting a ship, military vehicle, or aircraft.
- A tank, or other heavy mobile assault vehicle.
- A military formation consisting primarily of tanks or other armoured fighting vehicles, collectively.
- The naturally occurring surface of pebbles, rocks or boulders that line the bed of a waterway or beach and provide protection against erosion.
- To equip something with armour or a protective coating or hardening.
- To provide something with an analogous form of protection.
- a small city in South Dakota, USA
- A fabric woven with a raised pattern similar to chain mail.
- A place of safety.
- The protection, physical and legal, afforded by such a place.
- A place of protection or restraint for one or more classes of the disadvantaged, especially the mentally ill.
- To figure or variegate.
- Pervasive neurological disorder that is observable in early childhood and persists throughout the lifespan, characterised by atypical communication, language development, eye contact, and sensory experiences.
- of (disorder); generalization of the specific to a range
- Diagnosis involving a pathological tendency to engage in self-centered fantasy thinking, historically considered a symptom of insanity and/or schizophrenia.
- A seaside city on the Black Sea coast and capital of Adjara, an autonomous republic in southwest Georgia.
- To bump thoroughly; belabour.
- To make or render dumb, or mute.
- To maul thoroughly or completely.
- To confuse or bewilder.
- To devote to the Muses.
- To make numb, as by cold or anesthetic.
- To deaden.
- To blacken with smut; foul with soot.
Possible word length