Page 1 from 66
Total results: 68581
- A South American tropical fruit tree,
- The fruit of this tree.
- A West African antelope (Tragelaphus scriptus), marked with white stripes and spots on a reddish fawn ground; the
- A lake between the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Rwanda
- An old French liquid measure of approximately 274.2 litres.
- in Oceania. Official name: Republic of Niue.
- Relating to the belief that the is authoritative because it faithfully describes the Christian faith as revealed in the Bible.
- In a quia manner.
- The inherent nature of something.
- A section of the Democratic-Republican Party between 1805 and 1811 (from tertium quid).
- A sovereign or guinea.
- Pound sterling.
- pound, punt
- A piece of chewing tobacco.
- the act of chewing such tobacco
- To chew tobacco
- To let food drop from the mouth whilst chewing
- A smart, sarcastic turn or jest; a taunt; a severe retort or comeback; a gibe.
- To make a quip.
- To taunt; to treat with quips.
- Any of the family Suidae of pigs and related creatures.
- somewhat moist at most times of the year
- a cross between a tangerine, Citrus reticulata and grapefruit grown in the West Indies.
- A farewell, a goodbye; especially a fond farewell, or a lasting or permanent farewell.
- A support or supporter; a stay; a prop.
- The mutual bearing or support of the hand of the rider and the mouth of the horse through the bit and bridle.
- An audience; a hearing.
- An examination in general.
- A judicial examination.
- An independent review and examination of records and activities to assess the adequacy of system controls, to ensure compliance with established policies and operational procedures, and to recommend necessary changes in controls, policies, or procedures
- The result of such an examination, or an account as adjusted by auditors; final account.
- Spiritual counseling, which forms the core of Dianetics.
- A general receptacle or receiver.
- To examine and adjust (e.g. an account).
- To conduct an independent review and examination of system records and activities in order to test the adequacy and effectiveness of data security and data integrity procedures, to ensure compliance with established policy and operational procedures, and to recommend any necessary changes
- To counsel spiritually.
- To attend an academic class on a not-for-academic-credit basis.
- Of or pertaining to a royal court; courtly.
- Of, pertaining to, or resembling a palace.
- A ceremony at some European universities to confer a Doctor of Divinity degree.
- Pertaining to the reproductive ducts of certain organisms.
- Of or pertaining to trivalent gold.
- Of, or pertaining to the ear; aural
- Pertaining to an aura.
- A red colouring matter derived from phenol. Used as an indicator.
- A class of plant growth substance (often called phytohormones or plant hormones) which play an essential role in coordination of many growth and behavioral processes in the plant life cycle.
- To form (something) by combining materials or parts.
- To develop or give form to (something) according to a plan or process.
- To increase or strengthen (something) by adding gradually to.
- To establish a basis for (something).
- To form by combining materials or parts.
- To develop in magnitude or extent.
- To construct (software) by compiling its source code.
- To be constructed by compilation of source code, usually with minimal human intervention.
- The physique of a human body; constitution or structure of a human body.
- Any of various versions of a software product as it is being developed for release to users.
- Any structure, such as a building, statue, pool or forest, created by the player.
- well-built, muscular or toned.
- Shape; build; form of structure.
- A Titan, the son of Uranus and Gaia.
- Used in the names of units of volume formed by multiplying a unit of length by itself twice.
- Of a class of polynomial of the form <math> ax^3 + bx^2 + cx + d </math>
- Having three equal axes and all angles 90°.
- A cubic curve.
- defensive armour for the thighs
- The flowering plant in the family Apiaceae.
- Its aromatic long seed, used as a spice, notably in Indian, Middle Eastern, and Mexican cookery.
- A cute person or animal.
- A clementine: a small, waxy-peeled orange hybrid cultivar that is easy to peel by hand.
- Any small mandarin orange variety such as a tangerine or a satsuma.
- The true skin or dermis, underlying the epidermis.
- The veneration of saints, distinguished from latria, the worship of God.
- A tailor, especially a personal one.
- A form of tatpuruṣa in which the modifying member is a number.
- A gripping listlessness or melancholia caused by boredom; depression.
- To make bored or listless; to weary.
- Any animal of the taxonomic family Equidae, including any equine (horse, zebra, ass, mule, etc.)
- An ancient Sumerian city in what is now Tell Abu Shahrain, in Iraq.
- A woman's lightweight triangular scarf worn over the shoulders and tied in front
- The optimal date to exercise an American option (or a Bermudan option).
- Smoky, vaporous.
- A bearing of a rhomboidal figure, resembling a spindle in shape, longer than a heraldic lozenge.
- A light flintlock musket.
- Capable of being melted or rendered fluid by heat; fusible.
- Running or flowing, like a liquid.
- Formed by melting and pouring into a mould; cast; founded.
- an Irish dance, derived from the jig, used in the Partita form (Baroque Period).
- Astuteness often marked by a certain sense of cunning or artful deception.
- Deceptiveness, deceit, fraud, duplicity, dishonesty.
- to deceive, to beguile
- Responsibility for wrongdoing.
- Awareness, feeling of having done wrong; remorse.
- The fact of having done wrong.
- The state of having been found guilty or admitted guilt in legal proceedings.
- To commit offenses; act criminally.
- To cause someone to feel guilt, particularly in order to influence their behaviour.
- Any of the several rodents of the family Ctenodactylidae.
- A temple in traditional Hawaiian society.
- The eye of a bean or other seed; the mark or scar at the point of attachment of an ovule or seed to its base or support.
- The nucleus of a starch grain.
- A depression or fissure through which ducts, nerves, or blood vessels enter and leave a gland or organ; a porta.
- A nymph in the form of a beautiful virgin supposed to dwell in Paradise for the enjoyment of the faithful.
- Any voluptuous, beautiful woman.
- Of, or relating to humus.
- Containing perceptible moisture (usually describing air or atmosphere); damp; moist; somewhat wet or watery
- The part of the organic matter in soil that does not dissolve in dilute alkali
- Any of the medium-sized rodents of the family Capromyidae, which inhabit the Caribbean islands.
- The last, and usually the longest, division of the small intestine; the part between the jejunum and large intestine.
- Disruption of the normal propulsive ability of the gastrointestinal tract, due to failure of peristalsis.
- Disruption of the normal propulsive ability of the gastrointestinal tract from any cause.
- To wet or stain an object completely with some physical quality.
- In general, to act in a way which results in an object becoming completely permeated or impregnated by some quality.
- To bring upon oneself or expose oneself to, especially something inconvenient, harmful, or onerous; to become liable or subject to.
- To render somebody liable or subject to.
- To enter or pass into.
- To fall within a period or scope; to occur; to run into danger.
- To render liable or subject to; to occasion.
- A small anvil-shaped bone in the middle ear.
- an accessory cloud, in the shape of an anvil which forms by spreading at the top of a cumulonimbus.
- Set in by or as if by cutting.
- Inserted in a reserved space of the text instead of in the main margin.
- The act or process of putting in; infusion.
- That which is put in, as in an amount.
- Contribution, or share in a contribution.
- Something fed into a process with the intention of it shaping or affecting the output of that process.
- To put in; put on.
- To enter data.
- To accept data that is entered.
- In ski jumping, the ramp down which skiers ski to gain speed, before taking off.
- The portion of a ski jump run on the descending portion of the ramp.
- A Zionist paramilitary group that operated in Mandatory Palestine between 1931 and 1948.
- irascible; passionate
- Having lots of juice.
- (of a story, etc.) Exciting; titillating.
- (of a blow, strike, etc.) Strong, painful.
- Any millipede in the order Julida.
- Any millipede in the family .
- The plant Amorphophallus titanum, the titan arum.
- Describing an angular form of Arabic script.
- The oldest calligraphic form of the various Arabic scripts, consisting of a modified form of the old Nabataean script.
- A curved Nepalese knife used especially by Gurkha fighters.
- A tribal people of Nepal (and to a lesser extent India and Bhutan).
- Their Tibeto-Burman language, written in a unique script.
- A royal official who presided over the New Year festival at the start of the reign of an Assyrian king.
- Of or pertaining to play; playful.
- Of or pertaining to games of chance.
- A Finnic language spoken in Russia.
- A garment worn around the waist by many people, especially men, in Southern India, Bangladesh, Burma, and Pakistan.
- Any member of the genus Lupinus in the family Fabaceae.
- A a yellow legume seed of a Lupinus plant (usually which is commonly eaten in the Mediterranean area and in Latin America although it is toxic if prepared improperly.
- Shocking, horrifying.
- Ghastly, pale, wan in appearance.
- Being of a light yellow hue.
- Having a brown colour tinged with red, as of flame seen through smoke.
- Having a colour tinged with purple, yellow, and grey.
- A member of an indigenous people of northern California, residing in the central Sierra Nevada.
- The cry of a cat.
- To give the cry of a cat.
- Of or pertaining to mucic acid or its derivatives
- musty; mouldy; slimy; mucous
- Any of several glycoproteins found in mucus
- A peasant, especially in pre-revolutionary (imperial) Russia.
- any member of the Muroidea superfamily of rodents
- Having no pointed or
- Lacking certain defensive structures, as spines or claws.
- The group of Southern African indigenous peoples comprising the Zulu, Xhosa and Swazi nations.
- The group of languages of the Nguni people.
- An aggregate of neurons.
- A nest for insects or small animals.
- A locus of infection in an organism.
- An originating point for a phenomenon.
- A tropical flea, the chigoe.
- a palm tree of New Zealand.
- the eponymous founder of the Babylonian city Nineveh
- a centaur
- A mental or physical effort to attain a specific goal; a striving.
- The periodic procreative desire manifested in the spring by birds, etc.
- The contraction of the diaphragm and abdominal muscles to evacuate faeces or urine.
- Entertainment involving naked people, especially women.
- A star, σ Sagittarii.
- Hatred; dislike.
- The quality that provokes hatred; offensiveness.
- Chill; having the sensation of cold; drooping; shivering.
- Bleak; melancholy.
- The essential nature or ‘substance’ of god.
- Essence, being.
- A traditional South and East Asian unit of weight, based upon the load of a shoulder pole and varying by place and over time but usually standardized at about 60 kg.
- A Roman military javelin.
- A hair.
- A hairlike appendage found on the cell surface of many bacteria.
- A bacterial protein that has several biochemical functions
- Of or pertaining to piety, exhibiting piety, devout, godfearing.
- A French infantryman during the First World War
- Of, or relating to the area of the body adjacent to the pubis or the pubes.
- the pubic bone; the part of the hipbone forming the front arch of the pelvis
- Easily ashamed, having a strong sense of shame; modest, chaste.
- Pertaining to the pudendum or external genital organs; pudendal.
- Of or relating to ancient Carthage, its inhabitants, or their language.
- Perfidious, treacherous, faithless.
- The language of Carthage.
- learner under the supervision of a teacher or professor.
- An orphan who is a minor and under the protection of the state.
- The hole in the middle of the iris of the eye, through which light passes to be focused on the retina.
- A Jewish festival, celebrated on the 14th day of Adar, commemorating the deliverance of the Persian Jews from a massacre.
- rotten; fetid; stinking; base; worthless
- An ancient Germanic people who lived in Moravia
- Moving with speed, rapidity or swiftness, or capable of doing so; rapid; fast.
- Occurring in a short time; happening or done rapidly.
- Lively, fast-thinking, witty, intelligent.
- Mentally agile, alert, perceptive.
- Of temper: easily aroused to anger; quick-tempered.
- Alive, living.
- Pregnant, especially at the stage where the foetus's movements can be felt; figuratively, alive with some emotion or feeling.
- Of water: flowing.
- Burning, flammable, fiery.
- Fresh; bracing; sharp; keen.
- productive; not "dead" or barren
- with speed
- raw or sensitive flesh, especially that underneath finger and toe nails.
- plants used in making a quickset hedge
- The life; the mortal point; a vital part; a part susceptible to serious injury or keen feeling.
- A fast bowler.
- To amalgamate surfaces prior to gilding or silvering by dipping them into a solution of mercury in nitric acid.
- To quicken.
- A puff or whiff, especially of tobacco smoke.
- A trick or ploy; a stratagem.
- A hairstyle whereby the forelock is brushed and/or gelled upward, often associated with the styles of the 1950s.
- To arrange (the hair) in such a manner.
- A young girl, especially as promiscuous; a prostitute.
- The vulva or vagina.
- A bed covering consisting of two layers of fabric stitched together, with insulation between, often having a decorative design.
- A roll of material with sound-absorbing properties, used in soundproofing.
- A quilted skirt worn by women.
- To construct a quilt.
- To construct something, such as clothing, using the same technique.
- A hypothetical fundamental particle; a preon.
- derived from the Ó Coinn "descendant of Chief".
- name transferred from the surname.
- name occasionally used since the 1990s.
- A town/village/thorp in South Dakota.
- A recording device, used by the Incas, consisting of intricate knotted cords.
- One-twentieth of a ream of paper; a collection of twenty-four or twenty-five sheets of paper of the same size and quality, unfolded or having a single fold.
- A set of leaves which are stitched together, originally a set of four pieces of paper (eight leaves, sixteen pages). This is most often a single signature (i.e. group of four), but may be several nested signatures.
- A book, poem, or pamphlet.
- To prepare quires by stitching together leaves of paper.
- A choir.
- One quarter of a cruciform church, or the architectural area of a church used by the choir, often near the apse.
- To sing in concert.
- A rawhide whip plaited with two thongs of buffalo hide.
- To strike with a quirt.
- On equal monetary terms; neither owing or being owed.
- A city/town in Missouri.
- Any of the corner building blocks of a building, usually larger or more ornate than the surrounding blocks.
- The keystone of an arch.
- A metal wedge which fits into the space between the type and the edge of a chase, and is tightened to fix the metal type in place.
- A form of wedge used to prevent casks from moving
- A flat disc of metal or stone thrown at a target in the game of quoits.
- A ring of rubber or rope similarly used in the game of deck-quoits.
- The flat stone covering a cromlech.
- The discus used in ancient sports.
- To play at quoits.
- A flavonoid, found in many plants, that is a glycoside of quercetin and rutinose.
- A simultaneous exhibition: one player, typically very strong, plays several games at the same time against different opponents, typically weaker.
- A small firework that is intended to spew sparks rather than explode.
- A similar device used to ignite an explosive or launch a rocket, etc.
- A kind of slow match or safety fuse.
- Any small firecracker sold to the general public. Usually available in special clusters designed to explode in series after a single master fuze is lit.
- The heating element used to set off the sodium azide pellets in a vehicle's airbag.
- A small explosive used to replicate a bullet hitting a surface.
- A short piece of witty writing; a lampoon.
- A writer of lampoons.
- In a legal casebook, a short summary of a legal action placed between more extensively quoted cases.
- A short article, often published in journals, that introduces theoretically problematic empirical data or discusses an overlooked theoretical problem. In contrast to a typical article, a squib need not answer the questions that it poses.
- An unimportant, paltry, or mean-spirited person.
- A sketched concept or visual solution, usually very quick and not too detailed. A word most commonly used within the Graphic Design industry.
- To make a sound such as a small explosion.
- To throw squibs; to utter sarcastic or severe reflections; to contend in petty dispute.
- A person of low status.
- Nonsense; amusing stories.
- To disconnect (an IRC server) from a network.
- a butter substitute usually made of suet or lard
- The act of one who sues for something.
- The process of soaking through anything.
- A substance obtained from the wool of sheep, consisting largely of potash mixed with fatty and earthy matters.
- One who seeks for things which gratify merely himself; a selfish person; a selfist.
- A diminutive of Susan and of related female given names.
- A diminutive of Susan and of related female given names.
- The seventeenth book of the New Testament of the Bible, the epistle to Titus.
- An early Christian, the addressee of the aforementioned epistle.
- Holy basil, Ocimum tenuiflorum.
- swollen, enlarged, bulging
- cancerous, unhealthy
- pompous, bombastic
- A garment worn over the torso, with or without sleeves, and of various lengths reaching from the hips to the ankles.
- A tent or other building made from animal skins, used by the Inuit during the summer.
- African cornmeal porridge
- Of or pertaining to a group of languages that includes Hungarian, Khanty and Mansi.
- A group of languages that includes Hungarian, Khanty and Mansi.
- a city in California, USA
- a small city in Oregon, USA.
- Pertaining to ulmin; designating an acid obtained from ulmin.
- A brown amorphous substance found in decaying vegetation.
- A large, open boat made of skins stretched over a wooden frame that is propelled by paddles; used by the Eskimos for transportation.
- A Native American people, one of the three main divisions of the Lenape Nation.
- The Delaware language of these people.
- unbidden, uninvited.
- Which have not been bid for.
- To undo the process of bidding; to cancel a bid.
- To remove the turns of (a rope or cable) from the bits.
- To undo the process of digging; to fill up (a hole or grave) or bury again (something unearthed).
- Not fit; not having the correct requirements.
- Not fit, not having a good physical demeanor.
- To make unfit; to render unsuitable, spoil, disqualify.
- To unfasten from a fixing
- Not hip; uncool, unfashionable.
- Not having been hit.
- Cause to become one; make into a unit; consolidate; merge; combine.
- Become one.
- To remove the lid from.
- To separate the components of (a mixture).
- To remove the oil from.
- To unfasten by removing a pin.
- To detach (an icon, application, etc.) from the place where it was previously pinned.
- Not rid (of something).
- To remove the rigging from (a vessel, etc.).
- To disable.
- To undress (someone).‘B.E.,’ A New Dictionary of the Canting Crew, London: W. Hawes et al., 1699,
- To open something by ripping/tearing.
- To undo or annul a past sin.
- To deprive (a sin, etc.) of sinfulness; to make sinless.
- To loosen, as something interlaced or knotted; to disengage the parts of.
- To free from fastening or from restraint; to let loose; to unbind.
- To resolve; to unfold; to clear.
- To become untied or loosed.
- Up to the time of (something happening).
- Before (a time).
- To; physically towards.
- Up to the time that (a condition becomes true).
- Before (a condition becoming true).
- To remove the tin from.
- Lack of wit or understanding; ignorance.
- To deprive of wit.
- To open something using a zipper.
- To come open by means of a zipper.
- To decompress (a zip file).
- To tie up, fasten up.
- Of, relating to, or derived from urea
- Any of several classes of (mostly heterocyclic) compounds derived from urea
- Any of a number of Old Testament men, including the husband of Bathsheba whom David sent to death.
- name of Biblical origin.
- A bearded reddish sheep, subspecies of (including previously classified as being endemic to southern Asia and believed to be a wild ancestor of domestic sheep.
- An archangel in Judaism and Christianity.
- One of the segments of the abdomen or postabdomen of arthropods.
- A salt lake in northwestern Iran near Turkey.
- City in northwestern Iran on the shore of the lake of the same name. Capital of West Azerbaijan province.
- of or relating to usnic acid
- A theoretical unit of measure of utility, for indicating a supposed quantity of satisfaction derived from an economic transaction.
- A small civilian settlement outside a Roman fort.
- A lake in Alaska.
- A major river in Brazil that flows north into the Amazon delta.
- Cultural reservation in central Brazil, in the state of Mato Grosso.
- Any of several indigenous tribes of Amerindian peoples who live in the Xingu reservation.
- Absence of willpower or decisiveness, especially as a symptom of mental illness.
- Relating to, characterized by, or affected with abulia.
- One of the small grains or drupelets which make up some kinds of fruit, as the blackberry, raspberry, etc.
- A grape-stone.
- One of the granular masses which constitute a racemose or compound gland, as the pancreas; also, one of the saccular recesses in the lobules of a racemose gland.
- a promontory of Acarnania in Ancient Greece where and Cleopatra were defeated by Octavian in a naval battle in 31 BC
- Sharpness or acuteness, as of a needle, wit, etc.
- A rodent similar in appearance to a guinea pig but having longer legs.
- A fur containing a pattern of pigmentation in which individual hairs have several bands of light and dark pigment with black tips; any of several genes responsible for this pigmentation.
- To dress; to array.
- dress; clothing
- Characteristic of ague
- Helpful, assisting, providing aid.
- Full of purpose.
- A painful constriction of the base of the fifth toe, frequently followed by autoamputation, occurring predominantly in black Africans and their descendants.
- An individual alumnus or alumna.
- Someone not a party to a case who submits a brief and/or presents oral argument in that case.
- The inability to comprehend or respond to music.
Possible word length