Page 1 from 22
Total results: 22053
- In ancient Egyptian mythology, a part of the soul or spirit which left the body after death.
- A fortified dwelling place belonging to a king or noble; a prehistoric fort.
- One of various species of freshwater fish of the Cyprinidae or carp family, especially:
- the European chub, Leuciscus cephalus
- in Europe, its close relatives, notably the fallfish.
- By extension, various vaguely related marine or freshwater fishes.
- in North America, the black bass.
- A chubby, plump person
- An overweight or obese gay man.
- Excess body fat
- A plastic or other flexible package of meat, usually ground meat or luncheon meat.
- A dull, fairly quick explosive or percussive sound, as if made by a labouring engine.
- A large gulp of drink.
- A homemade Cuban boat, built to carry emigrants to the USA, and often abandoned upon arrival.
- To make dull explosive sounds.
- To move or travel whilst making such sounds.
- to drink a large amount (especially of beer) in a single action/without breathing; to chugalug. People usually chant this at the person who is drinking.
- A dog; a cross between a pug and a chihuahua.
- To solicit charitable donations on the street, particularly in a persistent manner.
- A person of Native American descent.
- To strike or push violently; to strike with the horns; butt.
- To fall violently; dash down; move with violence.
- A sudden rapid outflow.
- To flow forth suddenly, in great volume.
- To make an excessive display of enthusiasm or sentiment.
- (of a woman, during orgasm) To ejaculate a clear fluid from the urethra
- To carry something; to transport something, with a connotation that the item is heavy or otherwise difficult to move.
- To pull or draw something heavy.
- To transport by drawing, as with horses or oxen.
- To steer a vessel closer to the wind.
- To shift fore (more towards the bow).
- To pull.
- To pull apart, as oxen sometimes do when yoked.
- A long drive, especially transporting/hauling heavy cargo.
- An amount of something that has been taken, especially of fish or illegal loot.
- A pulling with force; a violent pull.
- A bundle of many threads, to be tarred.
- Collectively, all of the products bought on a shopping trip.
- A haul video
- A time period of sixty minutes; one twenty-fourth of a day.
- A season, moment, time or stound.
- The time.
- Used after a two-digit hour and a two-digit minute to indicate time.
- A distance that can be traveled in one hour.
- coloured, having the hue.
- Very large.
- Distinctly interesting, significant, important, likeable, well regarded.
- An outer garment worn in Europe in the Middle Ages.
- A form of chant and dance, which was developed in the Hawaiian Islands by the Polynesians who originally settled there.
- To dance the hula.
- A large or dense piece of something.
- A sexually attractive boy or man, especially one who is muscular.
- A record of differences between almost contiguous portions of two files (or other sources of information). Differences that are widely separated by areas which are identical in both files would not be part of a single hunk. Differences that are separated by small regions which are identical in both files may comprise a single hunk. Patches are made up of hunks.
- A honyock.
- To throw (something) with force.
- To utter (harsh or derogatory speech), especially at its target.
- To participate in the sport of hurling.
- To vomit.
- To twist or turn.
- A throw, especially a violent throw; a fling.
- The act of vomiting.
- The act of hitting the sliotar with the hurley.
- (car) ride
- tumult; riot; hurly-burly
- A table on which fibre is stirred and mixed by beating with a bow spring.
- to hum; buzz
- To make a rolling, trilling, or burring sound; gnarl
- to become quiet
- to make quiet
- To appease; to allay; to soothe.
- A silence, especially after some noise
- A mining method using water
- A ravine; a steep cleft in a hillside.
- To apply a force to (an object) such that it moves away from the person or thing applying the force.
- To continually attempt to persuade (a person) into a particular course of action.
- To press or urge forward; to drive.
- To continually promote (a point of view, a product for sale, etc.).
- To approach; to come close to.
- To tense the muscles in the abdomen in order to expel its contents.
- To continue to attempt to persuade a person into a particular course of action.
- To make a higher bid at an auction.
- To make an all-in bet.
- To move (a pawn) directly forward.
- To add (a data item) to the top of a stack.
- To publish (an update, etc.) by transmitting it to other computers.
- To thrust the points of the horns against; to gore.
- To burst out of its pot, as a bud or shoot.
- To strike the cue ball in such a way that it stays in contact with the cue and object ball at the same time (a foul shot)
- A short, directed application of force; an act of pushing.
- An act of tensing the muscles of the abdomen in order to expel its contents.
- A great effort (to do something).
- An attempt to persuade someone into a particular course of action.
- A marching or drill maneuver/manoeuvre performed by moving a formation (especially a company front) forward or toward the audience, usually to accompany a dramatic climax or crescendo in the music.
- A wager that results in no loss or gain for the bettor as a result of a tie or even score
- The addition of a data item to the top of a stack.
- The situation where a server sends data to a client without waiting for a request, as in server push, push technology.
- A crowd or throng or people
- A foul shot in which the cue ball is in contact with the cue and the object ball at the same time
- A pustule; a pimple.
- A branch of the river Rhine and its basin.
- An urban area in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.
- To close, to stop from being open.
- To close, to stop being open.
- To close a business temporarily, or (of a business) to be closed.
- To preclude; to exclude; to bar out.
- The act or time of shutting; close.
- A door or cover; a shutter.
- The line or place where two pieces of metal are welded together.
- A narrow alley or passage acting as a short cut through the buildings between two streets.
- The sound of a dull impact.
- Republic jet ground attack fighter.
- To make the sound of a dull impact.
- Someone with an intimidating and unseemly appearance and mannerisms, who treats others violently and roughly, often for hire.
- One of a band of assassins formerly active in northern India who worshipped and offered their victims to her.
- In gardening, an over-vigorous plant that spreads and dominates the flowerbed.
- To commit acts of thuggery, to live the life of a thug, or to dress and act in a manner reminiscent of someone who does.
- A tusk.
- A small tusk sometimes found on the female Indian elephant.
- The buttocks
- Nonsense; tosh.
- To pull or drag a heavy object such as a tree or log.
- In a gushing state.
- at the hull of a ship
- Having the sails furled and the helm lashed alee, as during a storm.
- the head of the Assyrian pantheon, later identified with Anshar
- the city of Assur
- a common given name among Assyrian people
- grandson of Noah in Genesis
- anything whatever, any part.
- whit, the smallest part, iota.
- The digit zero as the decade in years. For example, aught-nine for 1909 or 2009.
- At all, in any degree, in any respect.
- Of importance or consequence (in the phrase "of aught").
- Esteem, respect.
- Property; possession
- Duty; place; office
- to own, possess
- to owe, be obliged or obligated to
- possessed of
- A portable coffer or chest with a rounded lid covered in leather, garnished with nails, once used for the transport of clothes or other personal luggage. It was the original portmanteau.
- A dwarf-wall of plain masonry, carrying the roof of a cathedral or church and masked or hidden behind the balustrade.
- An act of blushing.
- A glow; a flush of colour.
- Feeling or appearance of optimism.
- A sort of makeup, frequently a powder, used to redden the cheeks.
- A color between pink and cream.
- A pale pink wine made by removing the dark grape skins at the required point during fermentation.
- To become red in the face due to shyness, shame, excitement, or embarrassment.
- To become red.
- To suffuse with a blush; to redden; to make roseate.
- To change skin color in the face (to a particular shade).
- To express or make known by blushing.
- To have a warm and delicate colour, like some roses and other flowers.
- The collective noun for a group of boys.
- An implement consisting of multiple more or less flexible bristles or other filaments attached to a handle, used for any of various purposes including cleaning, painting, and arranging hair.
- A piece of conductive material, usually carbon, serving to maintain electrical contact between the stationary and rotating parts of a machine.
- The act of brushing something.
- Wild vegetation, generally larger than grass but smaller than trees (Wikipedia).
- A short and sometimes occasional encounter or experience.
- The furry tail of an animal, especially of a fox.
- A tuft of hair on the mandibles.
- A short contest, or trial, of speed.
- An instrument, resembling a brush, used to produce a soft sound from drums or cymbals.
- An on-screen tool for "painting" a particular colour or texture.
- In 3D video games, a convex polyhedron, especially one that defines structure of the play area.
- The floorperson of a poker room, usually in a casino.
- (North Wisconsin, uncountable) Evergreen boughs, especially balsam, locally cut and baled for export, usually for use in wreathmaking.
- To clean with a brush.
- To untangle or arrange with a brush.
- To apply with a brush.
- To remove with a sweeping motion.
- To touch with a sweeping motion, or lightly in passing.
- To clean one's teeth by brushing them.
- A group of a number of similar things, either growing together, or in a cluster or clump, usually fastened together.
- The peloton; the main group of riders formed during a race.
- An informal body of friends.
- A considerable amount.
- An unmentioned amount; a number.
- A group of logs tied together for skidding.
- An unusual concentration of ore in a lode or a small, discontinuous occurrence or patch of ore in the wallrock.
- The reserve yarn on the filling bobbin to allow continuous weaving between the time of indication from the midget feeler until a new bobbin is put in the shuttle.
- An unfinished cigar, before the wrapper leaf is added.
- A protuberance; a hunch; a knob or lump; a hump.
- To gather into a bunch.
- To gather fabric into folds.
- To form a bunch.
- To be gathered together in folds
- To protrude or swell
- Like a bush in having many widely spread branches.
- Growing thickly.
- (Racial slur) Derogatory word used to refer to Afro-textured Hair.
- A squat, rounded form of oenochoe with a trefoil mouth.
- An assessment equal to a quarter of the revenue.
- stupid; churlish
- A coarse or stupid fellow.
- To make noisy puffing sounds, as of a steam locomotive.
- To break wind.
- To intermittantly extinguish and reignite a powder charge.
- Superfluous small talk that is free of conflict, offers no character development, description or insight, and does not advance the story or plot.
- A breathy noise produced by a tiger, similar in function to a cat's purr.
- Swollen with fat.
- The vagina.
- An incompetent person, a blockhead; a loser.
- A gullible person; a sucker; someone easily taken advantage of; someone lacking common sense.
- The thick end, especially of a piece of wood or of a joint of meat.
- A part of something that has been separated.
- A representative portion of a substance, often large and irregular.
- A discrete segment of a file, stream, etc. (especially one that represents audiovisual media); a block.
- A segment of a comedian's performance
- To break into large pieces or chunks.
- To break down (language, etc.) into conceptual chunks of manageable size.
- To throw.
- A rustic; a countryman or labourer; a free peasant (as opposed to a serf).
- A rough, surly, ill-bred person; a boor.
- A selfish miser; an illiberal person; a niggard.
- a freedman, ranked below a thane but above a thrall
- To agitate rapidly and repetitively, or to stir with a rowing or rocking motion; generally applies to liquids, notably cream.
- To produce excessive and sometimes undesirable or unproductive activity or motion.
- To move rapidly and repetitively with a rocking motion; to tumble, mix or shake.
- (in a booking system) to repeatedly cancel and rebook a reservation in order to refresh ticket time limits or other fare rule restrictions.
- A vessel used for churning.
- The time when a consumer switches his/her service provider.
- The mass of people who are ready to switch carriers, expressed by the formula Customer Quits/Customer base.
- Cyclic activity that achieves nothing.
- To push air from the lungs in a quick, noisy explosion.
- To force something out of the throat or lungs by coughing.
- To make a noise like a cough.
- A sudden, usually noisy expulsion of air from the lungs, often involuntary.
- A condition that causes one to cough; a tendency to cough.
- known, renowned
- Marked by or possessing a high degree of sophistication; cultured, refined.
- Social grace, sophistication; manners; refinement.
- A violent collision or compression; a crash; destruction; ruin.
- Violent pressure, as of a moving crowd.
- Crowd which produces uncomfortable pressure.
- A violent crowding
- A crowd control barrier
- An infatuation or affection for.
- The human object of such infatuation or affection.
- A standing stock or cage with movable sides used to restrain livestock for safe handling
- A party, festive function
- The process of crushing cane to remove the raw sugar, or the season that this process takes place in.
- To press or bruise between two hard bodies; to squeeze, so as to destroy the natural shape or integrity of the parts, or to force together into a mass.
- To reduce to fine particles by pounding or grinding; to comminute.
- To overwhelm by pressure or weight; to beat or force down, as by an incumbent weight.
- To oppress or burden grievously.
- To overcome completely; to subdue totally.
- To be or become broken down or in, or pressed into a smaller compass, by external weight or force
- To feel infatuation with or unrequited love for.
- to defeat emphatically
- defensive armour for the thighs
- The rocks, crushed shells, and other sea detritus that create an oyster bed, where oyster spawn can attach themselves.
- To prepare an oyster bed with such (culch) attachments.
- To accumulate small household items of little value.
- Easy, making few demands, comfortable.
- Comfortable; often in a way that will suit a person's body.
- a preservative, made from catechu gum boiled in water, used to prolong the life of a sail or net
- A thick, malleable substance made by mixing flour with other ingredients such as water, eggs, and/or butter, that is made into a particular form and then baked.
- To make into dough.
- A multiple star in the constellation of Ursa Major and part of the Plough; Alpha (α) Ursae Majoris.
- A dominion or region ruled by a duke or duchess.
- A woman's lightweight triangular scarf worn over the shoulders and tied in front
- A group of birds that have suddenly started up from undergrowth, trees etc.
- To cause to take flight from concealment.
- To take suddenly to flight, especially from cover.
- Smooth, even, aligned; not sticking out.
- Wealthy or well off.
- Short for flush left and right; a body of text aligned with both its left and right margins.
- Full of vigour; fresh; glowing; bright.
- Affluent; abounding; well furnished or suppled; hence, liberal; prodigal.
- A sudden flowing; a rush which fills or overflows, as of water for cleansing purposes.
- Particularly, such a cleansing of a toilet.
- A suffusion of the face with blood, as from fear, shame, modesty, or intensity of feeling of any kind; a blush; a glow.
- Any tinge of red colour like that produced on the cheeks by a sudden rush of blood.
- A sudden flood or rush of feeling; a thrill of excitement, animation, etc.
- To cleanse by flooding with generous quantities of a fluid.
- Particularly, to cleanse a toilet by introducing a large amount of water.
- To become suffused with reddish color due to embarrassment, excitement, overheating, or other systemic disturbance, to blush.
- To cause to blush.
- To cause to be full; to flood; to overflow; to overwhelm with water.
- To excite, inflame.
- To be cleansed by being flooded with generous quantities of water.
- To clear (a buffer) of its contents.
- To flow and spread suddenly; to rush.
- To show red; to shine suddenly; to glow.
- To fill in (joints); to point the level; to make them flush.
- To operate a placer mine, where the continuous supply of water is insufficient, by holding back the water, and releasing it periodically in a flood.
- To fill underground spaces, especially in coal mines, with material carried by water, which, after drainage, constitutes a compact mass.
- A hand consisting of all cards with the same suit.
- Abundance; plenty.
- Abundant; copious; plenteous.
- To break up, smash.
- To charge, rush violently.
- To straighten up (the feathers on an arrow).
- Easily broken; brittle; crisp.
- noise; clatter; crash
- The frog of a horse's foot.
- A discharge of a foetid or ichorous matter from the frog of a horse's foot; thrush.
- Fullness; abundance; plenty.
- Fill; sufficiency; repletion; satiety.
- Full growth; perfection.
- form of: a steep ravine leading to the sea
- A spirit said to feed on corpses.
- A graverobber.
- A person with an undue interest in death and corpses.
- gushing; effusive and often emotional
- (collectively) The stems of various cultivated plants, left after harvesting the crop to be used as animal litter or for thatching
- An individual plant stem.
- Part of a harness; a hame.
- To inhabit, or visit frequently (most often used in reference to ghosts).
- To make uneasy, restless.
- To stalk, to follow
- To live habitually; to stay, to remain.
- To accustom; habituate; make accustomed to.
- To practise; to devote oneself to.
- To persist in staying or visiting.
- A place at which one is regularly found; a hangout.
- A ghost.
- A feeding place for animals.Oxford English Dictionary, second edition (1989)
- A temple in traditional Hawaiian society.
- A steep crag or cliff, especially one with overhanging sides
- A glen with steep, overhanging sides
- A steep excavation, especially a coal pit
- The eye of a bean or other seed; the mark or scar at the point of attachment of an ovule or seed to its base or support.
- The nucleus of a starch grain.
- A depression or fissure through which ducts, nerves, or blood vessels enter and leave a gland or organ; a porta.
- To play a trick on; hoax; cheat.
- To stupefy with drugged liquor.
- To adulterate; to drug (liquor).
- One who cheats or deceives.
- drugged liquor
- A type of Japanese poem.
- Meaningless nonsense with an outward appearance of being impressive and legitimate.
- A dog, particularly a breed with a good sense of smell developed for hunting other animals. (hunt hound, hunting hound, hunting dog, hunter)
- Someone who seeks something.
- A male who constantly seeks the company of desirable women.
- A despicable person.
- A houndfish.
- Projections at the masthead, serving as a support for the trestletrees and top to rest on.
- A side bar used to strengthen portions of the running gear of a vehicle.
- To persistently harass.
- A nymph in the form of a beautiful virgin supposed to dwell in Paradise for the enjoyment of the faithful.
- Any voluptuous, beautiful woman.
- A saddlecloth; a housing.
- An indigenous people of Oaxaca State, Mexico.
- Their language, which is a language isolate with several dialects.
- Full of hubs or protuberances.
- Angry, annoyed, indignant or irritated.
- Easily offended; thin-skinned or touchy.
- Puffed up.
- Of, or relating to humus.
- Containing perceptible moisture (usually describing air or atmosphere); damp; moist; somewhat wet or watery
- The part of the organic matter in soil that does not dissolve in dilute alkali
- Characterised by humps, uneven.
- Muscular; hunky.
- Hunched, bent over.
- Sulky; irritable.
- A hut or temporary shelter made from bark and tree branches, especially for Aborigines.
- A province of the People's Republic of China, located in the middle reaches of the Yangtze River and south of Lake Dongting.
- A hump; a protuberance.
- A stooped or curled posture; a slouch.
- A theory, idea, or guess; an intuitive impression that something will happen.
- A hunk; a lump; a thick piece.
- A push or thrust, as with the elbow.
- To slouch, stoop, curl, or lean.
- To push or jostle with the elbow; to push or thrust suddenly.
- To thrust out a hump or protuberance; to crook, as the back.
- To have a hunch, or make an intuitive guess.
- A crotchety or surly person; also, a stingy man, a miser.
- Exhibiting strong, masculine beauty.
- Shaped like a hunk, or piece; chunky.
- All right; in good condition.
- even; square; on equal footing with
- A person of Hungarian or Slavic, especially Ruthenian, descent.
- The coarse part of flax or hemp; hards.
- noise; confusion; uproar
- Rushed action.
- In American football, an incidence of a defensive player forcing the quarterback to act faster than the quarterback was prepared to, resulting in a failed offensive play.
- To do things quickly.
- Often with to speed up the rate of doing something.
- To cause to be done quickly.
- To hasten; to impel to greater speed; to urge on.
- To impel to precipitate or thoughtless action; to urge to confused or irregular activity.
- hurting; painful.
- A housewife or housekeeper.
- A cheeky or disrespectful girl; a woman showing inappropriate or improper behavior; a minx.
- A case or bag for needles, thread, etc.
- A cage in which a rabbit or rabbits are kept.
- A piece of furniture in which items may be displayed.
- A measure of two Winchester bushels.
- The case of a flour bolt.
- A car on low wheels, in which coal is drawn in the mine and hoisted out of the pit.
- A jig or trough for ore dressing or washing ore.
- To hoard or lay up, in a chest.
- To wash (ore) in a box or jig.
- Any of the medium-sized rodents of the family Capromyidae, which inhabit the Caribbean islands.
- A city in Utah, United States.
- name associated with
- Fourth son of Jacob, by his wife Leah.
- One of the Israelite tribes, descended from Judah, from which David and his lineage came.
- The southern Israelite kingdom which continued to be ruled by the Davidic dynasty after Solomon's death and the breakup of the united monarchy, with the northern portion keeping the name Israel.
- The proboscis monkey.
- A form of divorce initiated by a wife.
- A packet of vellum leaves in which gold is beaten into thin sheets.
- An expression of mirth particular to the human species; the sound heard in laughing; laughter.
- Something that provokes mirth or scorn.
- A fun person.
- To show mirth, satisfaction, or derision, by peculiar movement of the muscles of the face, particularly of the mouth, causing a lighting up of the face and eyes, and usually accompanied by the emission of explosive or chuckling sounds from the chest and throat; to indulge in laughter.
- To be or appear cheerful, pleasant, mirthful, lively, or brilliant; to sparkle; to sport.
- To make an object of laughter or ridicule; to make fun of; to deride; to mock.
- To affect or influence by means of laughter or ridicule.
- To express by, or utter with, laughter.
- A village and county (County Louth) in the Republic of Ireland.
- A town in Lincolnshire, England.
- a Persian gold coin
- a gold coin of British India whose value was fifteen rupees
- Any of the many species of grasses of genus Muhlenbergia.
- Resembling or having the consistency of mush; semiliquid, pasty, or granular.
- Soft; squishy.
- Overly sappy, corny, or cheesy.
- A time during which male elephants exhibit increased levels of sexual activity and aggressiveness and often secrete leaking temporin from the sides of their heads.
- A nightcap (hat worn to bed).
- A linen or muslin hat, especially one of a type once commonly worn by elderly women and young children.
- The nape or back of the neck.
- A whiner, a noodge.
- To pester, to noodge.
- To whine.
- A group of western Turkic people, including the Turks and Turkmens
- Indicating duty or obligation.
- Indicating advisability or prudence.
- Indicating desirability.
- Indicating likelihood or probability.
- spelling of; anything
- spelling of; at all, to any degree.
- A statement of what ought to be the case as contrasted with what is the case.
- spelling of; cipher, zero, nought.
- A small, often mischievous sprite; a fairy; a goblin; an elf.
- Very extravagant.
- Very expensive, or appearing expensive.
- Having a soft, fluffy exterior.
- A textile fabric with a nap or shag on one side, longer and softer than the nap of velvet.
- A plush toy.
- A small bag usually closed with a drawstring.
- A pocket in which a marsupial carries its young.
- Any pocket or bag-shaped object, such as a cheek pouch.
- A protuberant belly; a paunch.
- A cyst or sac containing fluid.
- A silicle, or short pod, as of the shepherd's purse.
- A bulkhead in the hold of a vessel, to prevent grain etc. from shifting.
- To enclose within a pouch.
- To transport within a pouch, especially a diplomatic pouch.
- To swallow.
- To pout.
- To pocket; to put up with.
- Aggressively ambitious; overly assertive, bold or determined.
- To defeat forcibly.
- To crush or dash to pieces.
- To void or suppress (a subpoena, decision, etc.).
- A monetary unit in Saudi Arabia equivalent to a twentieth of a rial.
- A line which crosses successive meridians at a constant angle
- One of the 32 points of the compass (compass points)
- A unit of angular measure equal to 1/32 of a circle or 11.25°
- abounding in rushes
- having the characteristics of a rush (the plant); rushlike
- Characterised by rushing; hurried; fast-paced
- The Japanese foot, a traditional Japanese unit of length equal to 10 sun or 1/10 of a jō, now standardized as equal to 10/33 of a meter.
- One of the three seasons of Ancient Egypt; Low Water.
- A loud burst of voice or voices; a violent and sudden outcry, especially that of a multitude expressing joy, triumph, exultation, or animated courage.
- A round of drinks in a pub; the turn to pay the shot or scot; an act of paying for a round of drinks.
- A call-out for an emergency services team.
- A greeting, name-check or other mention, for example on a radio or TV programme. (also shout out)
- To utter a sudden and loud cry, as in joy, triumph, or exultation, or to attract attention, to animate others, etc.
- To utter with a shout; to cry; to shout out
- To pay for food, drink or entertainment for others.
- To post a text message (for example, email) in upper case.
- To treat with shouts or clamor.
- A woody plant smaller than a tree, and usually with several stems from the same base.
- To lop; to prune.
- To mispronounce a word by replacing its consonant sound(s) with another or others of a similar place of articulation.
- A liquor composed of vegetable acid, fruit juice (especially lemon), sugar, sometimes vinegar, and a small amount of spirit as a preservative. Modern shrub is usually non-alcoholic, but in earlier times it was often mixed with a substantial amount of spirit such as brandy or rum, thus making it a liqueur.
- A lifting of the shoulders to signal indifference.
- A cropped, cardigan-like garment with short or long sleeves, typically knitted.
- To raise (the shoulders) to express uncertainty, lack of concern, (formerly) dread, etc.
- To turn away or aside.
- To cause to move suddenly; to give a sudden start to; to shove.
- To move a train from one track to another, or to move carriages, etc. from one train to another.
- To divert electric current by providing an alternative path.
- To divert the flow of a body fluid using surgery.
- To move data in memory to a physical disk.
- To have a minor collision, especially in a motor car.
- To provide with a shunt.
- To divert to a less important place, position or state
- A switch on a railway
- A connection used as an alternative path between parts of an electric circuit
- A passage between body channels constructed surgically as a bypass
- A minor collision
- The shifting of the studs on a projectile from the deep to the shallow sides of the grooves in its discharge from a shunt gun.
- To be quiet; to keep quiet.
- To ask someone to be quiet, especially by saying
- Half-melted snow or ice.
- Liquid mud or mire.
- Flavored shaved ice served as a drink.
- A soft mixture of grease and other materials, used for lubrication.
- The refuse grease and fat collected in cooking, especially on shipboard.
- A mixture of white lead and lime, used as a paint to prevent oxidation.
- Unsolicited manuscripts, as in slush pile.
- To smear with slushy liquid or grease.
- To slosh or splash; to move as, or through, a slushy or liquid substance.
- To paint with a mixture of white lead and lime.
- A beaten or pulverized mass.
- An act of crushing or squeezing.
- to mash; or push; especially to push down or in; compress
- To engage in intimate contact, especially sexual relations.
- To make a soft rustling or murmuring sound.
- A murmuring sound; rushing, rustling, or whistling sound.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- A (deep) sigh.
- A vague rumour.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying.
- A small drain; an adit.
- A dunce; a blockhead.
- A thrumming sound; a hum or vibration. Also fig.
- To cause a steady rhythmic vibration, usually by plucking.
- To make a monotonous drumming noise.
- the ends of the warp threads in a loom which remain unwoven attached to the loom when the web is cut.
- a fringe made of such threads.
- any short piece of leftover thread or yarn; a tuft or tassel.
- a threadlike part of a flower; a stamen.
- a tuft, bundle, or fringe of any threadlike structures, as hairs on a leaf, fibers of a root.
- a bundle of minute blood vessels, a plexus.
- small pieces of rope yarn used for making mats or mops.
- a mat made of canvas and tufts of yarn.
- A shove out of place; a small displacement or fault along a seam.
- to furnish with thrums; to insert tufts in; to fringe.
- to insert short pieces of rope-yarn or spun yarn in.
- A blow that produces a muffled sound.
- The sound of such a blow; a thud.
- To hit (someone or something) as if to make a thump.
- To cause to make a thumping sound.
- To thud or pound.
- To throb with a muffled rhythmic sound.
- To strike against something, without breakage, making a "thunk" sound.
- A delayed computation.
- In the Scheme programming language, a function or procedure taking no arguments.
- A mapping of machine data from one system-specific form to another, usually for compatibility reasons, such as from 16-bit addresses to 32-bit to allow a 16-bit program to run on a 32-bit operating system.
- To delay (a computation).
- To map (machine data) from one system-specific form to another.
- To cut through; to pierce.
- To cut through, as a partition between one working and another.
- A hole; an aperture.
- A short communication between adits in a mine.
- A long adit in a coalpit.
- Either of the rear hip joints where the hip connects to the upper leg in certain animals, particularly cattle; often used as a reference point for measurement.
- Primarily physical senses.
- To physical with; to the hand, finger or other of the body into contact with.
- To into (involuntary) contact with; to or
- To come into physical contact, or to be in physical contact.
- To make physical contact with a thing.
- To physically to interfere with, molest, or attempt to contact.
- To physically affect in specific ways by context.
- To or otherwise use.
- Of a or its passengers: to to make a (at).
- To lay on (someone suffering from as a of as formerly practised by English and French monarchs.
- To sexually excite with the fingers; to or
- To fasten; to take effect; to make impression.
- To bring (a sail) so close to the that its weather leech shakes.
- To be brought, as a so to the wind that its weather shakes.
- To keep the ship as near (the wind) as possible.
- Primarily non-physical senses.
- To or with a specific quality.
- To deal with in or writing; to briefly, to to.
- To deal with in speech or writing; briefly to speak or write (on or upon something).
- To to have to do with.
- To affect emotionally; to bring about or painful feelings in.
- To in a negative way, especially only slightly.
- To give royal assent to by touching it with the sceptre.
- To obtain money from, usually by borrowing (from a friend).
- To disturb the mental functions of; to make somewhat insane; often followed with "in the head".
- To be on the of; to approach in excellence or quality.
- To mark (a file or document) as having been modified.
- To try; to prove, as with a
- To mark or delineate with touches; to add a slight stroke to with the pencil or brush.
- To to slightly.
- To strike; to manipulate; to play on.
- To perform, as a tune; to play.
- To influence by impulse; to impel forcibly.
- An act of touching, especially with the hand or finger.
- The faculty or sense of perception by physical contact.
- The style or technique with which one plays a musical instrument.
- A distinguishing feature or characteristic.
- A little bit; a small amount.
- The part of a sports field beyond the touchlines or goal-lines.
- A relationship of close communication or understanding.
- The ability to perform a task well; aptitude.
- Act or power of exciting emotion.
- An emotion or affection.
- Personal reference or application.
- A single stroke on a drawing or a picture.
- A brief essay.
- A touchstone; hence, stone of the sort used for touchstone.
- Examination or trial by some decisive standard; test; proof; tried quality.
- The particular or characteristic mode of action, or the resistance of the keys of an instrument to the fingers.
- The broadest part of a plank worked top and but, or of one worked anchor-stock fashion (that is, tapered from the middle to both ends); also, the angles of the stern timbers at the counters.
- The children's game of tag.
- A set of changes less than the total possible on seven bells, i.e. less than 5,040.
- An act of borrowing or stealing something.
- Strong and resilient; sturdy.
- Difficult to cut or chew.
- Rugged or physically hardy.
- Harsh or severe.
- Rowdy or rough.
- Difficult or demanding.
- Undergoing plastic deformation before breaking.
- A person who obtains things by force; a thug or bully.
- To endure.
- To toughen.
- The state or quality of being true to someone or something.
- Faithfulness, fidelity.
- A pledge of loyalty or faith.
- True facts, genuine depiction or statements of reality.
- Conformity to fact or reality; correctness, accuracy.
- Conformity to rule; exactness; close correspondence with an example, mood, model, etc.
- That which is real, in a deeper sense; spiritual or ‘genuine’ reality.
- Something acknowledged to be true; a true statement or axiom.
- Topness. (See also truth quark.)
- To assert as true; to declare; to speak truthfully.
- To make exact; to correct for inaccuracy.
- To tell the truth.
- A lancer, a soldier armed with a lance in a former light cavalry unit of the Polish, Prussian/German, Austrian, and Russian armies.
- a city in California, USA
- a small city in Oregon, USA.
- Ill luck; misfortune.
- The cause of her unhap. — Sir P. Sidney.
- To take off the hat of; to remove one's hat, especially as a mark of respect.
- To remove a hex or curse from.
- Not hip; uncool, unfashionable.
- Not having been hit.
- A small village in Hampshire, England.
- A city/town in North Dakota.
- A town in Wisconsin.
- a wooden pole used as scaffolding
- Any of a number of Old Testament men, including the husband of Bathsheba whom David sent to death.
- name of Biblical origin.
- Vedic and Hindu female deity, personifying the dawn, usually mentioned in plural. She is portrayed as welcoming birds and warding off evil spirits, and as a beautifully adorned young woman riding in a golden chariot on her path across the sky.
- A person, in a church, cinema etc., who escorts people to their seats.
- A male escort at a wedding.
- A doorkeeper in a courtroom.
- An underteacher, or assistant master, in a school.
- A pejorative sobriquet for any schoolteacher.
- To guide people to their seats.
- To accompany or escort (someone).
- To precede; to act as a forerunner or herald.
- to lead or guide somewhere
- The father of King Arthur.
- To take responsibility for; to express confidence in; to witness; to obtest.
- To warrant; to maintain by affirmations; to attest; to affirm; to avouch.
- To back; to support; to confirm.
- To call into court to warrant and defend, or to make good a warranty of title.
- To call; to summon.
- To bear witness; to give testimony or full attestation.
- To call as a witness.
- To assert; to aver; to declare.
- Warrant; attestation.
- A thumping sound.
- To strike something with a whump.
- A sub-provincial city in central China; capital of Hubei Province.
- The quality or state of being young.
- The part of life following childhood; the period of existence preceding maturity or age; the whole early part of life, from childhood, or, sometimes, from infancy, to adulthood.
- A young person.
- A young man.
- (used in plural form) Young persons, collectively.
- Blushing; ruddy.
- Blushing; ruddy.
- flushed, blushing
- Characteristic of ague
- A painful constriction of the base of the fifth toe, frequently followed by autoamputation, occurring predominantly in black Africans and their descendants.
- A spiritual leader in Persia and parts of Central Asia.
- The act of concealing oneself and lying in wait to attack by surprise.
- An attack launched from a concealed position.
- The troops posted in a concealed place, for attacking by surprise; those who lie in wait.
- To station in ambush with a view to surprise an enemy.
- To attack by ambush; to waylay.
- A village in Illinois
- A city in Iowa
- A rural municipality in Manitoba, Canada
- A village in Nebraska
- A ghost town in Nevada
- A city in North Dakota
- A town and a community in Wisconsin
- Guinness stout.
- A city in northeastern Tanzania.
- The first decade of a century, such as 1900 to 1909 or 2000 to 2009, whose digit in the tens place is zero. The oughts, the noughties.
- The originator or creator of a work, especially of a literary composition.
- (the author) I, me. definition
- Someone who writes books for a living.
- The works of an author or authors.
- To create a work as its author.
- To declare freely and openly; to assert.
- To acknowledge deliberately; to admit; to confess; to sanction.
- To confirm or verify, to affirm the validity of.
- To appeal to; to cite or claim as authority.
- evidence; declaration
- Draped; ornamented with something hanging.
- The state of being blue; blueness.
- Having a tint or hue similar to the colour blue.
- Somewhat depressed; sad.
- Suffused with blushes or blushlike hues.
- Embarrassed, blushing; feeling as though one might blush.
- a city in western Germany
- An immigrant from Central Europe.
- A brawny or coarse person.
- A bend; flexure; curve; a hollow angle.
- A bend or hollow in a human or animal body.
- A curve or bend in a river, mountain chain, or other geographical feature.
- The part of a sling that contains the stone.
- A fold, bend, or coil in a tail, snake's body etc.
- a pastoral people of Eastern Baluchistan
- the Dravidian language of this people
- Having a similar texture to a fox’s tail; brushlike, bushy.
- Of the countryside: having thick vegetation, taller than grass but shorter than trees; having abundant brush; shrubby.
- an administrative district in Aberdeenshire, Scotland
- and (Clan Buchan). Of note is John Buchan, the author.
- A transpersonal faculty of mind higher than the rational mind that might be translated as ‘intuitive intelligence’ or simply ‘higher mind’. It is ‘that which knows’, ie. able to discern truth from falsehood.
- Having, or growing in bunches.
- A former currency unit of Yemen.
- The wild Himalayan, or blue, sheep (
- Very tired; exhausted.
- A dry measure, containing four pecks, eight gallons, or thirty-two quarts.
- A vessel of the capacity of a bushel, used in measuring; a bushel measure.
- A quantity that fills a bushel measure
- A large indefinite quantity.
- The iron lining in the nave of a wheel. In the United States it is called a box.
- To mend or repair clothes.
- A major league baseball player who has recently come from a small league.
- A sweet eaten to sweeten the breath.
- Whose terms become progressively closer to one another.
- Of the method of being out in which the striker hits the ball and a fielder catches it.
- A long whip formerly used as an instrument of punishment in India and parts of the the Middle East.
- A group of singers and dancers in the religious festivals of ancient Greece
- A group of people in a play or performance who recite together.
- A group of singers; singing group who perform together.
- A repeated part of a song, also called the refrain.
- The improvised solo section in a small group performance.
- A setting or feature in electronic music that makes one voice sound like many.
- A group of people or animals who make sounds together
- The noise made by such a group.
- An actor who reads the opening and closing lines of a play.
- To sing or recite in chorus.
- To say in unison; to express in unison.
- To echo (a particular sentiment).
- To sing the chorus (of a song).
- To speak as if in chorus (about something)
- To echo in unison another person's words.
- (of animals) To make their cry together.
- Two species of bird of the genus Pyrrhocorax in the crow family Corvidae that breed mainly in high mountains and on coastal sea cliffs of Eurasia.
- The of genus Corcorax in the Australian mud-nest builders family, Corcoracidae, that inhabits dry woodlands.
- To cheat, to trick.
- One who is easily cheated; a gullible person.
- A trick; a sham.
- A swindler.
- To handle roughly, as by chasing or scaring.
- To handle, to take care of.
- To cause undesirable activity in livestock, such as running.
- Of a person, slightly overweight, somewhat fat and hence soft.
- Of a body part, containing a moderate amount of fat.
- A chubby, plump person
- An overweight or obese gay man.
- A penile erection, especially when short and with a large circumference; a boner.
- Fat or puffed out in the cheeks.
- Rough; clownish; surly.
- A species of partridge native to central Asia (Alectoris chukar).
- The fragrant flowers of (formerly used in China for perfuming tea.
- A traditional Indian earthen stove.
- A type of hat from Peru or Bolivia, usually made from wool or a similar fabric, and often having ear flaps that tie under the chin for warmth.
- friendly; on, or trying to be on, intimate terms
- chum; mate
- Short and fat, particularly in comparison with something of more favourable dimensions.
- Blockheaded; dim-witted.
- Like a chump; annoying.
- A type of plaster used in India, made from shell-lime and sand.
- To plaster or waterproof with chunam.
- Having chunks.
- In Hindu folklore, the ghost of a low-chaste woman who died during childbirth or menstruation
- rude; churlish; violent
- A traditional building material mostly made of chalk or clay.
- To seize, as though with claws.
- To grip or grasp tightly.
- The claw of a predatory animal or bird.
- A grip, especially one seen as rapacious or evil.
- A device to interrupt power transmission, commonly used between engine and gearbox in a car.
- The pedal in a car that disengages power transmission.
- Any device for gripping an object, as at the end of a chain or tackle.
- A small handbag or purse with no straps or handle.
- An important or critical situation.
- Performing or tending to perform well in difficult, high-pressure situations.
- A brood of chickens or a sitting of eggs.
- A group or bunch (of people or things).
- A species of palm, native to South America, that produces large nuts.
- To crush something, especially food, with a noisy crackling sound.
- To be crushed with a noisy crackling sound.
- To calculate or otherwise process (e.g. to crunch numbers: to perform mathematical calculations).
- To grind or press with violence and noise.
- To emit a grinding or crunching noise.
- To compress (data) using a particular algorithm, so that it can be restored by decrunching.
- A noisy crackling sound; the sound usually associated with crunching.
- A critical moment or event.
- A form of abdominal exercise, based on a sit-up but in which the lower back remains in contact with the floor.
- A device to assist in motion as a cane, especially one that provides support under the arm to reduce weight on a leg.
- Something that supports, often used negatively to indicate that it is not needed and causes an unhealthful dependency; a prop
- A crotch; the area of body where the legs fork from the trunk.
- A form of pommel for a woman's saddle, consisting of a forked rest to hold the leg of the rider.
- A knee, or piece of knee timber.
- A forked stanchion or post; a crotch.
- A type of cross formed from two "C"s joined back-to-back
- To support on crutches; to prop up.
- To shear the hindquarters of a sheep; to dag.
- Empty oyster shells and other substances laid down on oyster grounds to furnish points for the attachment of the spawn of the oyster.
- Young or seed oysters together with the shells and other objects to which they are usually attached.
- Rubbish; debris; refuse.
- Any plant of the genus
- The ragwort, the national flower of the Isle of Man, which has a large stalk.
- A pigeon, wood pigeon or ring dove.
- Any of certain cultivars of ( one of the species of winter squash.
- to remove the hull (covering of a seed or fruit)
- To remove the husk from.
- manhood, virtue
- the age of manhood, maturity
- virility, manly power or strength; excellence
- men, people
- a company, army, retinue
- Having the characteristics of dough especially in appearance or consistency: as
- pale and flabby
- soft and heavy
- An Indian translator or interpreter.
- Like a dude or dandy; foppish; fastidious about personal appearance.
- The three main types of pain, suffering, or stress: physical and mental, impermanence, and conditioned states. One of the three marks of existence.
- A city in Minnesota, USA
- A suburb of Georgia, United States.
- County Durham, a county in the Northeast of England.
- A city in this county in the Northeast of England.
- A in California.
- A town in Connecticut.
- A city in Kansas.
- A town in Maine.
- A town in New Hampshire.
- A town in New York.
- A city in North Carolina.
- A community in Nova Scotia.
- A community in Ontario.
- A city in Oregon.
- One of a breed of short-horned cattle, originating in the county of Durham, England, and noted for their beef-producing quality.
- To place or hide in a thicket; to ambush.
- Sufficient; all that is required, needed, or appropriate.
- Fully; quite; used to express slight augmentation of the positive degree, and sometimes equivalent to very.
- A sufficient or adequate number, amount, etc.
- A trump card game played by four players in two partnerships with a reduced deck of 24 cards.
- To deceive.
- A desire; a yearning.
- To bite the bit, especially when restless; to champ.
- To complain; to rant; to rave.
- To worry; to be eager; to show impatience.
- To desire; to yearn; to covet.
- Pertaining to fumes or smoke.
- a rumour, or an erroneous or improbable story.
- A city in Liaoning province, China.
- Awkward or lacking in social graces; bumbling.
- Skewed, not plane.
- Describing a torsion angle of 60°.
- To swallow.
- A mouthful.
- A complaint, a grumble, a fit of ill-humor.
- One who is grumpy or irritable.
- To be grumpy or irritable; to complain.
- To murmur, complain.
- A complaint.
- A creole of English and various African languages spoken on a group of islands off the coast of the Carolinas and Georgia in the Southern United States.
- The culture surrounding this language and geography.
- A member of the Gullah culture.
- Pertaining to the Gullah language and culture.
- A traditional Aboriginal dwelling made of bark and sticks.
- One that gushes.
- An oil well that has a natural flow and so requires no pumping.
- a king of Thrace, the son of Boreas, who was vain and haughty and compared himself and his wife to Zeus and Hera
- An arquebus, a firearm with a long barrel.
- A pioneer, especially one of the early Jewish immigrants to Palestine.
Possible word length