Page 2 from 121
Total results: 125791
- dirt or grime; any vague or unknown substance
- A subculture of 21st century American males, combining elements of modern gothic culture with punk rock.
- A member of the gunk subculture.
- To soil or make dirty
- A sudden rapid outflow.
- To flow forth suddenly, in great volume.
- To make an excessive display of enthusiasm or sentiment.
- (of a woman, during orgasm) To ejaculate a clear fluid from the urethra
- A roundlet of the sanguine tincture, which is blazoned without mention of the tincture.
- To carry something; to transport something, with a connotation that the item is heavy or otherwise difficult to move.
- To pull or draw something heavy.
- To transport by drawing, as with horses or oxen.
- To steer a vessel closer to the wind.
- To shift fore (more towards the bow).
- To pull.
- To pull apart, as oxen sometimes do when yoked.
- A long drive, especially transporting/hauling heavy cargo.
- An amount of something that has been taken, especially of fish or illegal loot.
- A pulling with force; a violent pull.
- A bundle of many threads, to be tarred.
- Collectively, all of the products bought on a shopping trip.
- A haul video
- A time period of sixty minutes; one twenty-fourth of a day.
- A season, moment, time or stound.
- The time.
- Used after a two-digit hour and a two-digit minute to indicate time.
- A distance that can be traveled in one hour.
- coloured, having the hue.
- Very large.
- Distinctly interesting, significant, important, likeable, well regarded.
- An outer garment worn in Europe in the Middle Ages.
- A form of chant and dance, which was developed in the Hawaiian Islands by the Polynesians who originally settled there.
- To dance the hula.
- A large or dense piece of something.
- A sexually attractive boy or man, especially one who is muscular.
- A record of differences between almost contiguous portions of two files (or other sources of information). Differences that are widely separated by areas which are identical in both files would not be part of a single hunk. Differences that are separated by small regions which are identical in both files may comprise a single hunk. Patches are made up of hunks.
- A honyock.
- To throw (something) with force.
- To utter (harsh or derogatory speech), especially at its target.
- To participate in the sport of hurling.
- To vomit.
- To twist or turn.
- A throw, especially a violent throw; a fling.
- The act of vomiting.
- The act of hitting the sliotar with the hurley.
- (car) ride
- tumult; riot; hurly-burly
- A table on which fibre is stirred and mixed by beating with a bow spring.
- to hum; buzz
- To make a rolling, trilling, or burring sound; gnarl
- to become quiet
- to make quiet
- To appease; to allay; to soothe.
- A silence, especially after some noise
- A mining method using water
- A splash.
- A mark left by a splash of water or mud.
- To splash; to slosh.
- of e.g. jour printer.
- name, today often transferred back from the surname.
- name, also used as a formal female given name.
- A girl or woman.
- The queen of the gods, equivalent of the Greek Hera.
- Short for the third main belt asteroid discovered.
- third person singular of jut
- A ravine; a steep cleft in a hillside.
- A lake between the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Rwanda
- A knurl.
- The small wooden ball in the game of trap ball, or knurr and spell.
- A unit of measure in feudal Japan, the amount of rice needed to feed one person for a year.
- a vassal or tenant in the early Middle Ages
- To be dark, gloomy, and threatening, as clouds; to be covered with dark and threatening clouds, as the sky; to show threatening signs of approach, as a tempest.
- To frown; to look sullen.
- A troublemaker, often violent; a rude violent person; a yob.
- A clownish, awkward fellow; a bumpkin.
- To treat as a lout or fool; to neglect; to disappoint.
- To bend, bow, stoop.
- An elaborate Hawaiian feast featuring traditional foods and entertainment.
- to lubricate
- A fool; an idiot; a lunkhead.
- crazy; mentally unsound
- To remain concealed in order to ambush.
- To remain unobserved.
- To hang out or wait around a location, preferably without drawing attention to oneself.
- To view an internet forum without posting comments.
- The act of lurking.
- a town in (formerly in County Dublin), Ireland.
- an unincorporated community in Missouri, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Tennessee, USA.
- a town in Wyoming, USA
- A pout, especially as expressing mock-annoyance or flirtatiousness.
- To be able to; may; must.
- An old French liquid measure of approximately 274.2 litres.
- The sludge that collects at the bottom of an aquarium, consisting of fish excrement, decaying plant matter, and other assorted detritus.
- To mumble, speak unclearly.
- To move the lips with the mouth closed; to mumble, as in sulkiness.
- To beg, especially if using a repeated phrase.
- To deprive of (something) by cheating; to impose upon.
- To cheat; to deceive; to play the beggar.
- To be sullen or sulky.
- A cube of peat.
- A common name for the flower chrysanthemum.
- One million United States dollars
- A greasy secretion with a powerful odour, produced in a glandular sac of the male musk deer and used in the manufacture of perfumes.
- A similar secretion produced by the otter and the civet.
- A synthetic organic compound used as a substitute for the above.
- The odour of musk.
- The musk deer (genus Moschus).
- The (
- A plant of the genus ( the
- A plant of the genus Muscari; grape hyacinth.
- The scent of human genitalia when aroused or unwashed, especially that of a man.
- To perfume with musk.
- To do with certainty; definition.
- To do as a requirement; definition.
- Something that is mandatory or required.
- The property of being stale or musty.
- Something that exhibits the property of being stale or musty.
- Fruit juice that will ferment or has fermented, usually grapes.
- To make musty.
- To become musty.
- A time during which male elephants exhibit increased levels of sexual activity and aggressiveness
- An elephant in this sexual and aggressive state.
- The greater mouse-deer,
- A corner; a nook. A fairy fiddler frae the neuk, [nook] - "Robert Burns", by William Allan Neilson (1917)
- A bend (e.g. in a coast) …the fleet, after exploring the harbours, had doubled the East Neuk, passed safely through St Andrews Bay, and entered the Firth of Tay. --Chronicles of Strathearn (1896) - Rev. John Hunter.
- in Oceania. Official name: Republic of Niue.
- A word that can be used to refer to a person, animal, place, thing, phenomenon, substance, quality, or idea; one of the basic parts of speech in many languages, including English.
- Either a word that can be used to refer to a person, animal, place, thing, phenomenon, substance, quality or idea, or a word that modifies or describes a previous word or its referent; a substantive or adjective, sometimes also including other parts of speech such as numeral or pronoun.
- To convert a word to a noun.
- The mind or intellect, reason, both rational and emotional
- In Neoplatonism, the divine reason, regarded as first divine emanation.
- Common sense; practical intelligence.
- Without clothing or other covering of the skin; without clothing on the genitals or female nipples.
- Of a color (such as beige or tan) that evokes bare flesh.
- A painting, sculpture, photograph or other artwork or mass-media-reproduced image depicting one or more human figure(s) in a state of near or total undress.
- The state of total nudity.
- Without the power of sensation and motion or feeling; insensible.
- Not able to react, surprised, shocked.
- Causing numbness.
- To cause to become numb.
- A city in northern Finland.
- A town in Wisconsin.
- That which belongs to us; the possessive case of we, used without a following noun.
- The female gamete in animals; the egg cell.
- The Amu Darya river.
- A city in Burma near Rangoon.
- A headdress for women popular in 18th century France.
- A high hair style for women consisting of a roll or pad of hair, worn up.
- Part of an item of clothing consisting of gathered fabric in a bunch.
- A low cushioned seat with no back; a padded footstool.
- A short skirt gathered into a rounded puffy shape; a puffball.
- A ball of fabric (such as nylon monofilament netting) used for washing (as an alternative to a flannel, washcloth, sponge, etc.).
- A small saddle cushion worn atop the buttocks (as a fashion trend – similar to a bustle).
- To make poufy or bouffant.
- Of or pertaining to pulp magazines; in the style of a pulp magazine or the material printed within such a publication.
- A soft, moist, shapeless mass or matter.
- A magazine or book containing lurid subject matter and characteristically printed on rough, unfinished paper.
- The soft center of a fruit
- The soft center of a tooth
- A mixture of wood, cellulose and/or rags and water ground up to make paper.
- Mass of chemically processed wood fibres (cellulose).
- A suspension of mineral particles (suspension typically being achieved by some form of agitation)
- To make, or be made into pulp
- To beat to a pulp.
- A device for moving or compressing a liquid or gas.
- An instance of the action of a pump; one stroke of a pump; any action similar to pumping
- A device for dispensing liquid or gas to be sold, particularly fuel.
- A swelling of the muscles caused by increased blood flow following high intensity weightlifting.
- A ride on a bicycle given to a passenger, usually on the handlebars or fender.
- The heart.
- To use a pump to move (liquid or gas).
- To fill with air.
- To move rhythmically, as the motion of a pump.
- To shake (a person's hand) vigorously.
- To gain information from (a person) by persistent questioning.
- To use a pump to move liquid or gas.
- To be going very well.
- To kick, throw or hit the ball far and high.
- To pass gas; to fart.
- To pass (messages) into a program so that it can obey them.
- A type of shoe, a trainer or sneaker.
- A type of women's shoe which leaves the instep uncovered and has a relatively high heel, especially a stiletto (with a very high and thin heel)
- A dancing shoe.
- A type of shoe without a heel.
- A city of Peru, in the southwest of the country by Lake Titicaca
- A new pupil at a school etc.; a junior student.
- A younger person.
- A beginner, a novice.
- An inferior person; a subordinate.
- Of inferior size, strength or significance.
- small, weak, not effective.
- A particular stitch in knitting; an inversion of stitches giving the work a ribbed or waved appearance.
- The edge of lace trimmed with loops.
- An embroidered and puckered border; a hem or fringe, often of gold or silver twist; also, a pleat or fold, as of a band.
- To decorate with fringe or embroidered edge
- an inverted stitch producing ribbing etc
- a heavy or headlong fall; an upset.
- To upset, to spin, capsize, fall heavily, fall headlong.
- To flow with a murmuring sound in swirls and eddies.
- To rise in circles, ripples, or undulations; to curl; to mantle.
- A circle made by the motion of a fluid; an eddy; a ripple.
- A gentle murmuring sound, such as that produced by the running of a liquid among obstructions.
- Ale or beer spiced with wormwood or other bitter herbs, regarded as a tonic.
- Hot beer mixed with gin, sugar, and spices.
- A tern.
- Of a cat, to make a vibrating sound in its throat when contented.
- To say (something) in a throaty, seductive manner.
- To make a vibrating throaty sound, as from pleasure.
- To make a low and consistent rumbling sound.
- The vibrating sound made by a cat in its throat when contented.
- A throaty, seductive sound of pleasure made by a person.
- The low consistent rumble made by an engine at slow speed
- To apply a force to (an object) such that it moves away from the person or thing applying the force.
- To continually attempt to persuade (a person) into a particular course of action.
- To press or urge forward; to drive.
- To continually promote (a point of view, a product for sale, etc.).
- To approach; to come close to.
- To tense the muscles in the abdomen in order to expel its contents.
- To continue to attempt to persuade a person into a particular course of action.
- To make a higher bid at an auction.
- To make an all-in bet.
- To move (a pawn) directly forward.
- To add (a data item) to the top of a stack.
- To publish (an update, etc.) by transmitting it to other computers.
- To thrust the points of the horns against; to gore.
- To burst out of its pot, as a bud or shoot.
- To strike the cue ball in such a way that it stays in contact with the cue and object ball at the same time (a foul shot)
- A short, directed application of force; an act of pushing.
- An act of tensing the muscles of the abdomen in order to expel its contents.
- A great effort (to do something).
- An attempt to persuade someone into a particular course of action.
- A marching or drill maneuver/manoeuvre performed by moving a formation (especially a company front) forward or toward the audience, usually to accompany a dramatic climax or crescendo in the music.
- A wager that results in no loss or gain for the bettor as a result of a tie or even score
- The addition of a data item to the top of a stack.
- The situation where a server sends data to a client without waiting for a request, as in server push, push technology.
- A crowd or throng or people
- A foul shot in which the cue ball is in contact with the cue and the object ball at the same time
- A pustule; a pimple.
- A Hindu scripture.
- Any member of the genus of bromeliad plants.
- An unfledged bird.
- Something immature or unfinished.
- quagmire; marsh; bog.
- Relating to the belief that the is authoritative because it faithfully describes the Christian faith as revealed in the Bible.
- In a quia manner.
- The inherent nature of something.
- A section of the Democratic-Republican Party between 1805 and 1811 (from tertium quid).
- A sovereign or guinea.
- Pound sterling.
- pound, punt
- A piece of chewing tobacco.
- the act of chewing such tobacco
- To chew tobacco
- To let food drop from the mouth whilst chewing
- A smart, sarcastic turn or jest; a taunt; a severe retort or comeback; a gibe.
- To make a quip.
- To taunt; to treat with quips.
- A quadrangle or court, as of a prison; a prison.
- Confinement in a prison.
- To cry or shout
- To sell by auction.
- An outcry.
- A sale of goods by auction.
- An infectious disease of poultry caused by Trichomonas gallinae
- To make a noise; roar; bellow; snort.
- To snore; snore loudly.
- To belch.
- To howl as the wind; make a roaring noise.
- A noise; a loud noise; a bellowing; a shouting; clamor; an uproar; disturbance; tumult.
- To beat; strike; assail with blows.
- A violent movement; a great or violent stir; a heavy blow; a stunning blow; a stroke.
- A troop or group, especially of a traveling company or throng.
- A disorderly and tumultuous crowd; a mob; hence, the rabble; the herd of common people.
- The state of being disorganized and thrown into confusion, especially when retreating from a fight.
- The act of defeating and breaking up an army or another opponent.
- A disturbance of the peace by persons assembled together with the intent to do a thing which, if executed, would make them rioters, and actually making a motion toward the executing thereof.
- A fashionable assembly, or large evening party.
- To defeat completely, forcing into disorderly retreat.
- To retreat from a confrontation in disorder.
- To assemble in a crowd, whether orderly or disorderly; to collect in company.
- To search or root in the ground, like a pig.
- To scoop out with a gouge or other tool; to furrow.
- To use a router in woodworking.
- A mixture of fat (usually butter) and flour used to thicken sauces and stews.
- A branch of the river Rhine and its basin.
- An urban area in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.
- Pitiable; miserable.
- Pitiably; miserably.
- neat and orderly
- (the runs) Diarrhea/diarrhoea
- The smallest animal of a litter.
- The smallest child in the family, as in "the runt of the family".
- Undersized or stunted plant, animal or person.
- An Ethernet packet that does not meet the medium's minimum packet size of 64 bytes.
- A single word (or portion of a hyphenated word) that appears as the last line of a paragraph.
- A breed of pigeon related to the carrier pigeon.
- A hardened stem or stalk of a plant.
- A tribe or group of Native Americans of the Eastern Woodlands culture group.
- The lect (variously considered a language or a member of a group of dialects) spoken by these Native Americans.
- Any member of this group of Native Americans.
- Shade, shadow.
- A shelter, a sheltered place (especially on the side of a hill).
- A squirrel.
- A lower-school or inferior boy.
- To shelter; to protect.
- To hide; to take shelter.
- A layer of impurities that accumulates at the surface of a liquid (especially molten metal or water).
- A greenish water vegetation (such as algae), usually found floating on the surface of ponds
- The topmost liquid layer of a cesspool or septic tank.
- A reprehensible person or persons.
- To remove the layer of scum from (a liquid etc.).
- To remove (something) as scum.
- To become covered with scum.
- To scour (the land, sea etc.).
- To gather together, as scum.
- To startscum or savescum.
- A distorted horn, regrown after the disbudding operation of a goat, sheep, or cow.
- To move hastily; to scour.
- To close, to stop from being open.
- To close, to stop being open.
- To close a business temporarily, or (of a business) to be closed.
- To preclude; to exclude; to bar out.
- The act or time of shutting; close.
- A door or cover; a shutter.
- The line or place where two pieces of metal are welded together.
- A narrow alley or passage acting as a short cut through the buildings between two streets.
- A rapid soil creep, especially referring to downslope soil movement in periglacial areas.
- To rotate something on an axis.
- To turn something sharply.
- To rotate on an axis; to pivot.
- To slide off course; to skid.
- The act of sluing or the place to which something has slued.
- A slough; a run or wet place.
- A dilapidated neighborhood where many people live in a state of poverty.
- To visit a neighborhood of a status below one's own.
- To associate with people or engage in activities with a status below one's own.
- An insult or slight.
- A set of notes that are played legato, without separate articulation.
- The symbol indicating a legato passage, written as an arc over the slurred notes (not to be confused with a tie).
- A trick or deception.
- In knitting machines, a device for depressing the sinkers successively by passing over them.
- To insult or slight.
- To run together; to articulate poorly.
- To play legato or without separate articulation; to connect (notes) smoothly.
- To soil; to sully; to contaminate; to disgrace.
- To cover over; to disguise; to conceal; to pass over lightly or with little notice.
- To cheat, as by sliding a die; to trick.
- To blur or double, as an impression from type; to mackle.
- A flake of ash or soot.
- Sexually vulgar material; something that is sexual in a dirty way; pornographic material.
- Obscene language; ribaldry; obscenity.
- A promiscuous woman.
- Any of a range of fungi, mostly Ustilaginomycetes, that cause plant disease in grasses, including cereal crops; the disease so caused.
- Bad, soft coal containing earthy matter, found in the immediate locality of faults.
- To stain (or be stained) with soot etc.
- To gather smut; to be converted into smut; to become smutted.
- To taint (grain, etc.) with the smut fungus.
- To clear of the smut fungus.
- Conspicuously short.
- Derived from a simpler polyhedron by the addition of extra triangular faces.
- A deliberate affront or slight.
- A sudden checking of a cable or rope.
- A knot; a protuberance; a snag.
- To slight, ignore or behave coldly toward someone.
- To turn down; to dismiss.
- To stub out (a cigarette etc).
- To halt the movement of a rope etc by turning it about a cleat or bollard etc; to secure a vessel in this manner.
- To clip or break off the end of; to check or stunt the growth of.
- To sob with convulsions.
- A small, comfortable back room in a pub.
- A lug.
- Comfortable; cosy (cozy); satisfactory.
- Close; concealed; not exposed to notice.
- To make secure or snug.
- To snuggle or nestle.
- Any of various dishes commonly made by combining liquids, such as water or stock with other ingredients, such as meat and vegetables, that contribute flavor and texture.
- A serving of such a dish, typically in a bowl.
- The liquid part of such a dish; the broth.
- Any mixture or substance suggestive of soup consistency.
- Thick fog or cloud (also
- Nitroglycerin or gelignite, especially when used for safe-cracking.
- Dope (illicit drug, used for making horses run faster or to change their personality).
- Processing chemicals into which film is dipped, such as developer.
- Liquid or gelatinous substrate, especially the mixture of organic compounds that is believe to have played a role in the origin of life on Earth.
- An unfortunate situation; trouble, problems (a fix, a mess); chaos.
- The foamy portion of a wave.
- To feed: to provide with soup or a meal.
- To develop (film) in a (chemical) developing solution.
- To sup or swallow.
- To breathe out; to draw out.
- To sweep.
- A dagger.
- A tool, similar to a spade, used for digging out weeds etc.
- barking spud - a long-handled tool for removing bark from logs, also called a mut (multi-purpose tool)
- A potato.
- A hole in a sock.
- A type of short nut (fastener) threaded on both ends.
- Anything short and thick; specifically, a piece of dough boiled in fat.
- A testicle.
- To begin drilling an oil well; to drill by moving the drill bit and shaft up and down, or by raising and dropping a bit.
- To remove the roofing aggregate and most of the bituminous top coating by scraping and chipping.
- A game for three or more players, involving the gradual elimination of players by throwing and catching a ball.
- Something blunted, stunted, or cut short, such as stubble or a stump.
- A piece of certain paper items, designed to be torn off and kept for record or identification purposes.
- A placeholder procedure that has the signature of the planned procedure but does not yet implement the intended behavior. (, , ).
- A procedure that translates requests from external systems into a format suitable for processing and then submits those requests for processing. (, , )
- A page providing only minimal information and intended for later development.
- The remaining part of the docked tail of a dog
- An unequal first or last interest calculation period, as a part of a financial swap contract
- A log; a block; a blockhead.
- A pen with a short, blunt nib.
- A stub nail; an old horseshoe nail; also, stub iron.
- The smallest remainder of a smoked cigarette; a butt.
- To remove most of a tree, bush, or other rooted plant by cutting it close to the ground.
- To remove a plant by pulling it out by the roots.
- To jam, hit, or bump, especially a toe.
- A male animal, especially a stud horse (stallion), kept for breeding.
- A female animal, especially a studmare (broodmare), kept for breeding.
- A group of such animals.
- An animal (usually livestock) that has been registered and is retained for breeding.
- A place, such as a ranch, where such animals are kept.
- A sexually attractive male; also a lover in great demand.
- A small object that protrudes from something; an ornamental knob.
- A small round earring.
- A vertical post, especially one of the small uprights in the framing for lath and plaster partitions, and furring, and upon which the laths are nailed.
- A stem; a trunk.
- A type of poker where an individual cannot throw cards away and some of her cards are exposed (also stud poker).
- A short rod or pin, fixed in and projecting from something, and sometimes forming a journal.
- A stud bolt.
- An iron brace across the shorter diameter of the link of a chain cable.
- To set with studs; to furnish with studs.
- To be scattered over the surface of (something) at intervals.
- To set (something) over a surface at intervals.
- Unfermented grape juice; must.
- Wine revived by new fermentation, resulting from the admixture of must.
- to ferment
- to renew (wine etc.) by mixing must with it and raising a new fermentation
- To incapacitate; especially by inducing disorientation or unconsciousness.
- To shock or surprise.
- To hit the cue ball so that it slides without topspin or backspin (and with or without sidespin) and continues at a natural angle after contact with the object ball
- The condition of being stunned.
- A person who is deemed to be unintelligent.
- The effect on the cue ball where the ball is hit without topspin, backspin or sidespin.
- To support, prop up.
- A support.
- To stutter.
- An instance of drawing something into one's mouth by inhaling.
- Fellatio of a penis.
- A weak, self-pitying person; a person who won't go along, especially out of spite; a crybaby or sore loser.
- A sycophant, especially a child.
- To use the mouth and lips to pull in (a liquid, especially milk from the breast).
- To perform such an action; to feed from a breast or teat.
- To put the mouth or lips to (a breast, a mother etc.) to draw in milk.
- To extract, draw in (a substance) from or out of something.
- To work the lips and tongue on (an object) to extract moisture or nourishment; to absorb (something) in the mouth.
- To pull (something) in a given direction, especially without direct contact.
- To perform fellatio.
- To be inferior or objectionable: a general term of disparagement, sometimes used with at to indicate a particular area of deficiency.
- Any of the family Suidae of pigs and related creatures.
- A state of sulking.
- to express ill humor or offence by remaining sullenly silent or withdrawn.
- A furrow.
- A hollow or pit into which liquid drains, such as a cesspool, cesspit or sink.
- The lowest part of a mineshaft into which water drains.
- A completely flooded cave passage, sometimes passable by diving.
- The crankcase or oil reservoir of an internal combustion engine.
- The pit at the lowest point in a circulating or drainage system (FM 55-501).
- An intentional depression around a drain or scupper that promotes drainage.
- Of a cave passage, to end in a sump, or to fill completely with water on occasion.
- A city on the Psel river in Ukraine, administrative centre of Sumy province.
- Sumy province (oblast), in northern Ukraine.
- Waves that break on an ocean shoreline.
- The bottom of a drain.
- To ride a wave, usually on a surfboard.
- To browse the Internet.
- A diminutive of Susan and of related female given names.
- The sound of a dull impact.
- Republic jet ground attack fighter.
- To make the sound of a dull impact.
- Someone with an intimidating and unseemly appearance and mannerisms, who treats others violently and roughly, often for hire.
- One of a band of assassins formerly active in northern India who worshipped and offered their victims to her.
- In gardening, an over-vigorous plant that spreads and dominates the flowerbed.
- To commit acts of thuggery, to live the life of a thug, or to dress and act in a manner reminiscent of someone who does.
- A shallow, oval basket used for gardening
- A trough or tray.
- A hod for mortar.
- An old measure of wheat equal to two thirds of a bushel.
- A concubine; a harlot.
- To pull or gather up (an item of fabric).
- To push into a snug position; to place somewhere safe or somewhat hidden.
- To eat; to consume.
- To fit neatly.
- To curl into a ball; to fold up and hold one's legs.
- To sew folds; to make a tuck or tucks in.
- To full, as cloth.
- To conceal one’s genitals, as with a gaff or by fastening them down with adhesive tape.
- To keep the thumb in position while moving the rest of the hand over it to continue playing keys that are outside the thumb.
- An act of tucking; a pleat or fold.
- A fold in fabric that has been stitched in place from end to end, as to reduce the overall dimension of the fabric piece.
- A curled position.
- A plastic surgery technique to remove excess skin.
- The act of keeping the thumb in position while moving the rest of the hand over it to continue playing keys that are outside the thumb.
- A curled position, with the shins held towards the body.
- A rapier, a sword.
- The beat of a drum.
- Food, especially snack food.
- A mound or hillock.
- To form a mass of earth or a hillock about.
- to bump, knock (usually used with "over", possibly a combination of "tip" and "dump")
- To fall over.
- To draw or drag, as a deer or other animal after it has been killed.
- A tumpline.
- tuneful; melodious
- A piece of solid animal or human feces.
- A layer of earth covered with grass; sod.
- A piece of such a layer cut from the soil and used to make a lawn.
- A sod of peat used as fuel.
- The territory claimed by a person, gang, etc. as their own.
- A racetrack; or the sport of racing horses.
- to create a lawn by laying turfs
- To throw a frisbee well short of its intended target, usually causing it to hit the ground within 10 yards of its release.
- To fire from a job or dismiss from a task.
- To cancel a project or product.
- To expel, eject, or throw out; to turf out.
- To transfer or attempt to transfer (a patient or case); to eschew or avoid responsibility for.
- to make a non-linear physical movement.
- Of a body, person, etc, to move around an axis through itself.
- To change the direction or orientation of, especially by rotation.
- to change one's direction of travel.
- to change the course of.
- To shape (something) symmetrically by rotating it against a stationary cutting tool, as on a lathe.
- To give form to; to shape or mould; to adapt.
- To position (something) by folding it, or using its folds.
- To navigate through a book or other printed material.
- Of a bowler, to make (the ball) move sideways off the pitch when it bounces.
- Of a ball, to move sideways off the pitch when it bounces.
- To change condition or attitude.
- To become
- To change the color of the leaves in the autumn.
- To change fundamentally; to metamorphose.
- To sour or spoil; to go bad.
- To make acid or sour; to ferment; to curdle.
- To reach a certain age.
- To hinge; to depend.
- To rebel; to go against something formerly tolerated.
- To change personal condition.
- To change personalities, such as from being a face (good guy) to heel (bad guy) or vice versa.
- To become giddy; said of the head or brain.
- To sicken; to nauseate.
- To be nauseated; said of the stomach.
- To change one's course of action; to take a new approach.
- To complete.
- Of a player, to go past an opposition player with the ball in one's control.
- To undergo the process of turning on a lathe.
- To bring down the feet of a child in the womb, in order to facilitate delivery.
- To invert a type of the same thickness, as a temporary substitute for any sort which is exhausted.
- To translate.
- A change of direction or orientation.
- A movement of an object about its own axis in one direction that continues until the object returns to its initial orientation.
- A unit of plane angle measurement based on this movement.
- A single loop of a coil.
- A chance to use (something) shared in sequence with others.
- The time allotted to a person in a rota or schedule.
- One's chance to make a move in a game having two or more players.
- A figure in music, often denoted ~, consisting of the note above the one indicated, the note itself, the note below the one indicated, and the note itself again.
- (also turnaround) The time required to complete a project.
- A fit or a period of giddiness.
- A change in temperament or circumstance.
- A sideways movement of the ball when it bounces (caused by rotation in flight).
- The fourth communal card in Texas hold 'em.
- The flop (the first three community cards) in Texas hold 'em.
- A deed done to another.
- A pass behind or through an object.
- Character; personality; nature.
- An instance of going past an opposition player with the ball in one's control.
- A short skit, act, or routine.
- A tusk.
- A small tusk sometimes found on the female Indian elephant.
- The buttocks
- Nonsense; tosh.
- To pull or drag a heavy object such as a tree or log.
- A city/town in Idaho.
- Allodial, inalienable.
- A freehold; property held by udal, or allodial, right.
- somewhat moist at most times of the year
- a cross between a tangerine, Citrus reticulata and grapefruit grown in the West Indies.
- Displeasing to the eye; not aesthetically pleasing.
- Displeasing to the ear or some other sense.
- Offensive to one's sensibilities or morality.
- Ill-natured; crossgrained; quarrelsome.
- Unpleasant; disagreeable; likely to cause trouble or loss.
- An ugly person or thing.
- A shade for the face, projecting from a bonnet.
- To make ugly (sometimes with up).
- a Norse Áss of winter with beauty and skills as an archer and skier; the son of Sif and stepson of Thor.
- The bone of the forearm that extends from the elbow to the wrist on the side opposite to the thumb, corresponding to the fibula of the hind limb. Also, the corresponding bone in the forelimb of any vertebrate.
- Linnaeus's two-toed sloth, Choloepus didactylus, a two-toed sloth native to South America.
- uncle (especially one's own uncle)
- To anoint, especially a monarch or other patriarchal leader.
- To lubricate.
- A tree, of the mulberry family, common in the forests of Java and the neighboring islands, with poisonous secretions.
- A virulent poison used in Java and the adjacent islands for poisoning arrows derived from the tree.
- A poison prepared from the climbing plant
- A woman's hairdo in which most hair is kept above the neck
- A walled city in Ancient Rome.
- A water-soluble organic compound, CO(NH2)2, formed by the metabolism of proteins and excreted in the urine.
- Any N-substituted derivative of urea, with the general formula (R1R2N)CO(NR3R4).
- A spiral or circular dot placed on the forehead of Buddhist images as an auspicious mark.
- In ancient Rome, a liquid measurement of half an or a vessel of this size.
- to perform habitually; to be accustomed [to doing something]
- That is or has or have been used.
- That has or have previously been owned by someone else.
- Familiar through use; usual; accustomed.
- The octave, or seventh day after a festival (i.e., the eighth day counting inclusively, in the ancient Roman way).
- Unix-to-Unix Copy Protocol, a file transfer protocol used on networks, traditionally used for Usenet and e-mail transfers
Possible word length