Page 1 from 3
Total results: 2882
- A bed covering consisting of two layers of fabric stitched together, with insulation between, often having a decorative design.
- A roll of material with sound-absorbing properties, used in soundproofing.
- A quilted skirt worn by women.
- To construct a quilt.
- To construct something, such as clothing, using the same technique.
- A rawhide whip plaited with two thongs of buffalo hide.
- To strike with a quirt.
- On equal monetary terms; neither owing or being owed.
- A flat disc of metal or stone thrown at a target in the game of quoits.
- A ring of rubber or rope similarly used in the game of deck-quoits.
- The flat stone covering a cromlech.
- The discus used in ancient sports.
- To play at quoits.
- A proportional part or share; the share or proportion assigned to each in a division.
- A prescribed number or percentage that may serve as, for example, a maximum, a minimum, or a goal.
- A restriction on the import of something to a specific quantity.
- Relatively short or low, and thick or broad.
- Sitting on the hams or heels; sitting close to the ground; cowering; crouching.
- A position assumed by bending deeply at the knees while resting on one's feet.
- A specific exercise in weightlifting performed by bending deeply at the knees and then rising, especially with a barbell resting across the shoulders.
- A building occupied without permission, as practiced by a squatter.
- A toilet used by squatting as opposed to sitting; a
- Something of no value; nothing.
- A sudden or crushing fall.
- A small vein of ore.
- A mineral consisting of tin ore and spar.
- To bend deeply at the knees while resting on one's feet.
- To exercise by bending deeply at the knees and then rising, while bearing weight across the shoulders or upper back.
- To occupy or reside in a place without the permission of the owner.
- To sit close to the ground; to cower; to stoop, or lie close, to escape observation, as a partridge or rabbit.
- To bruise or flatten by a fall; to squash.
- The angel shark (genus
- A person of low status.
- Nonsense; amusing stories.
- To disconnect (an IRC server) from a network.
- A tranquilizer.
- To tranquilize.
- A flirtatious female; a coquette.
- A flirtatious male.
- To act as a flirt or coquet.
- To waste time; to dally.
- To attempt to attract the notice, admiration, or love of; to treat with a show of tenderness or regard, with a view to deceive and disappoint.
- A contact herbicide that produces desiccation and defoliation.
- The center of a planetary epicycle.
- Having comparable measurements in all directions; equidimensional.
- To consider equal, to state as being equivalent.
- To set as equal.
- A statement in assembly language that defines a symbol having a particular value.
- Ownership, especially in terms of net monetary value of some business.
- A legal tradition that deals with remedies other than relief, such as injunctions, divorces and similar actions.
- Value of property minus liens or other
- An equitable claim; an equity of redemption.
- Ownership interest in a company as determined by subtracting liabilities from
- Justice, impartiality or fairness.
- The tree.
- The fruit of this tree. It is as large as a small plum, but grows in clusters, and contains four or five large seeds.
- A member of a tribe of Native Americans who historically inhabited eastern Connecticut and spoke a variety of Mohegan-Pequot.
- This tribe.
- The variety of Mohegan-Pequot spoken by this tribe.
- A game at cards played between two persons, with thirty-two cards, all the deuces, threes, fours, fives, and sixes, being set aside.
- (plural: qindarka or qintars) An Albanian coin equal to one hundredth of a lek.
- (plural: qintars) A unit of measure, which varies in value depending upon the product measured; for example, a qintar of cotton might be 160 kg of cotton, 50 kg of cotton lint; a qintar of lime, 65 kg.
- The underwool of the Arctic muskox, used as a fibre.
- Of a person: cunning, crafty.
- Cleverly made; artfully contrived.
- Strange or odd; unusual.
- Overly discriminating or needlessly meticulous; fastidious; prim.
- Pleasingly unusual; especially, having old-fashioned charm.
- The vulva.
- The most abundant mineral on the earth's surface, of chemical composition silicon dioxide, SiO2. It occurs in a variety of forms, both crystalline and amorphous. Found in every environment.
- A card, die, or domino with four spots or pips.
- A city in the Balochistan Province of Pakistan and capital of the district by that name.
- To shake (something); to stir, move.
- To stir; to move.
- To flinch; shrink.
- A competitive game in which players throw rings, aiming to land them over vertical sticks.
- Somebody whose words are being quoted.
- A part or proportion; a fraction; quota.
- In croquet, the act of hitting another live ball with the striker's ball, from which croquet is then taken.
- In croquet, to hit another live ball with the striker's ball, from which croquet is then taken.
- To look with the eyes partly closed, as in bright sunlight, or as a threatening expression.
- To look or glance sideways.
- To look with, or have eyes that are turned in different directions; to suffer from strabismus.
- To have an indirect bearing, reference, or implication; to have an allusion to, or inclination towards, something.
- To be not quite straight, off-centred; to deviate from a true line; to run obliquely.
- To turn to an oblique position; to direct obliquely.
- An expression in which the eyes are partly closed.
- The look of eyes which are turned in different directions, as in strabismus.
- quick or sideways glance.
- A short look.
- A hagioscope.
- The angle by which the transmission signal is offset from the normal of a phased array antenna.
- askew, not level
- An instrument from which a liquid is forcefully ejected in a small, quick stream.
- A small, quick stream; a jet.
- The whole system of flow in the vicinity of a source.
- A burst of noise.
- An annoyingly pretentious person; a whippersnapper.
- A small child.
- Female ejaculate.
- To be thrown out, or ejected, in a rapid stream, from a narrow orifice.
- To cause to be ejected, in a rapid stream, from a narrow orifice.
- To hit with a rapid stream of liquid.
- To throw out or utter words rapidly; to prate.
- To ejaculate.
- Conformity to traditional legal decisions in Shari'a jurisprudence.
- a Sufi method of discipline, meditation and mystical insight, or a religious order based on this.
- A rotational or twisting effect of a force; a moment of force, defined for measurement purposes as an equivalent straight line force multiplied by the distance from the axis of rotation (SI unit newton metre or Nm; imperial unit foot-pound or ft.lbf).
- To twist or turn something.
- A tightly braided necklace or collar, often made of metal, worn by various early European peoples.
- Acquisition; the thing gained.
- property acquired by purchase, gift, or otherwise than by inheritance.
- Acquisition; gain.
- Contained in the whole an integral number of times, a factor or divisor.
- A portion of a total amount of a solution or suspension.
- To separate a volume of solution or suspension into aliquots.
- Old, used especially of furniture and household items; out of date.
- An old piece of furniture, household item, or other similar item.
- An old person.
- To shop for antiques; to search for antiques.
- To make an object appear to be an antique in some way.
- A Scandinavian liquor that is 40% alcohol and distilled from potato or grain mash. Also called akvavit.
- A Polish, Ukrainian, or Russian drink that is a precursor or variant of vodka. Also called okovita.
- The quality of being watery.
- Looking sideways, as though warily.
- With narrowed eyes.
- A large celebratory meal; a feast.
- A dessert; a course of sweetmeats.
- To participate in a banquet; to feast.
- To have dessert after a feast.
- To treat with a banquet or sumptuous entertainment of food; to feast.
- The act of bequeathing or leaving by will.
- The transfer of property upon the owner's death according to the will of the deceased.
- That which is left by will; a legacy.
- That which has been handed down or transmitted.
- A person's inheritance; an amount of property given by will.
- To give as a bequest; bequeath.
- To quote frequently or much.
- A traditional Puerto Rican alcoholic eggnog made with coconut.
- A game played on a lawn, in which players use mallets to drive balls through hoops (wickets).
- A shot in this game in which the striker's ball and another ball are moved by hitting the striker's ball when they have been placed in contact following a roquet.
- A croquette.
- To play a shot in the game of croquet in which the striker's ball and another ball are moved by hitting the striker's ball when they have been placed in contact following a roquet.
- A formal investigation, often held before a jury, especially one into the cause of a death.
- The jury hearing such an inquiry, and the result of the inquiry.
- Enquiry; quest; search.
- A city of Peru, in the northeast of the country
- To separate by fusion, as a more fusible from a less fusible material.
- To melt; to become liquid.
- A wooden floor made of parquetry.
- The part of a theatre between the orchestra and the parquet circle.
- In some European countries, the branch of the administrative government that handles prosecutions.
- In some European bourses or stock exchanges, the railed-in space within which the agents de change, or privileged brokers, conduct business; also, the business conducted by them, distinguished from the coulisse, or outside market.
- To lay or fit such a floor.
- Engaging; charming.
- Favorably stimulating to the palate; pleasantly spicy; stimulating.
- Causing hurt feelings; scathing.
- Level of excellence.
- A property or an attribute that differentiates a thing or person.
- High social position. (See also
- The degree to which a man-made object or system is free from bugs and flaws, as opposed to scope of functions or quantity of items.
- In a two-phase liquid–vapor mixture, the ratio of the mass of vapor present to the total mass of the mixture.
- The third step in OPQRST where the responder investigates what the NOI/MOI feels like.
- Being of good worth, well made, fit for purpose.
- A flat file having the handle at one side, so as to be used like a plane.
- Of or pertaining to a quantum
- Of a response, being all-or-none
- A fever whose symptoms recur every four days.
- Recurring every four days; especially in designating a form of malaria with such symptoms.
- A music composition in four parts, each performed by a single voice or instrument.
- The set of four musicians who perform a piece of music together in four parts.
- A group of four singers, usually males, who sings together in four-part harmony.
- Any group of four, especially people.
- of, or relating to the fourth degree
- A algebraic equation or function of the fourth degree.
- A curve describing such an equation or function.
- Resembling or containing quartz.
- Any of several small copper coins, similar to farthings, in any of several countries.
- name occasionally used.
- A complainant; a plaintiff.
- An inquirer.
- A person who asks questions.
- A person engaged in a quest.
- To make quiet.
- To become quiet.
- A stillness or pause; something that quiets or represses; removal from activity; especially: death.
- Final settlement (as of a debt).
- Having the characteristics of a quilt; specifically, having two layers of cloth sewn together, with a layer of padding between them.
- Having characteristics that approximate the above to some degree.
- A person whose hobby or profession is making quilts.
- A person who uses a hand or machine stitch to decorate a quilt, or to sew together the layers of a quilt.
- A person who performs the entire process of making a patchwork quilt, whether or not it is decorated with quilting stitches.
- Featuring five growing from a single point;
- An or a of
- recurring after four days (i.e. every five days).
- A fever that recurs after four days (i.e. every five days).
- A composition (a type of chamber music) in five parts (typically each a singer or instrumentalist, sometimes several musicians)
- A group of five musicians, fit to play such a piece of music together
- Any group of five members
- Of or relating to the fifth degree, such as a quintic polynomial which has the form ax5+bx4+cx3+dx2+ex+f (containing a term with the independent variable raised to the fifth power).
- a quintic polynomial: ax5+bx4+cx3+dx2+ex+f
- A village in Northamptonshire, England.
- A town in Oklahoma.
- A village in Saskatchewan, Canada.
- A city in Arkansas.
- A city in Georgia, United States.
- A village in Louisiana.
- A city in Mississippi
- A small city in Texas
- Return; requital; quittance.
- Matter flowing from a wound or sore; pus.
- A fistulous wound at the top of a horse's foot resulting from bruises, pricks, or neglected corns.
- Scoria of tin.
- to suppurate; ooze with pus.
- One who quits.
- A deliverer.
- A chronic abscess, or fistula of the coronet, in a horse's foot, resulting from inflammation of the tissues investing the coffin bone.
- Someone resembling Don Quixote; someone who is chivalrous but unrealistic; an idealist.
- One who plays the game of quoits.
- A prefabricated building having a semicircular roof of corrugated iron; a Quonset hut.
- A quoted statement; a quote.
- A quotum or quota; a number or people or things
- An implement with a handle connected to a round frame strung with wire, sinew, or plastic cords, and used to hit a ball, such as in tennis, or a shuttlecock in badminton.
- To hit with a racquet.
- To play a game that involves using a racquet.
- To dart about in a manner reminiscent of a ball hit by a racquet.
- To exchange back and forth, similar to the way a tennis ball volleys back and forth.
- Act of (with the adposition at in the presence of possessives, and on in their absence).
- A formal requesting something.
- of being sought after.
- That which is asked for or requested.
- to express the need or desire for
- to ask somebody to do something
- To return in kind; to repay; to recompense; to reward.
- To retaliate.
- To quote again or anew.
- That comes after in time or order; subsequent.
- That follows on as a result, conclusion etc.; consequent
- Recurring in succession or as a series; successive, consecutive.
- Something that follows in a given sequence.
- A disjunctive set of logical formulae which is partitioned into two subsets; the first subset, called the antecedent, consists of formulae which are valuated as false, and the second subset, called the succedent, consists of formulae which are valuated as true.logicinaction.org, Chapter 8 (The set is written without set brackets and the separation between the two subsets is denoted by a turnstile symbol, which may be read "give(s)".)
- A follower.
- A sequential calculus
- In a squat manner, or while being squat
- Afflicted with a squint
- That operates by squirting.
- A person who experiences tics.
- A town and seaside resort in the borough of Torbay in southern Devon, England.
- A magnetic device that generates torque.
- Uneasy and restless; unable to settle.
- To disturb, disquiet.
- To convert (a quoted expression) back to its original form.
- To furnish or give experimental knowledge of; to make (one) to know; to make familiar.
- To communicate notice to; to inform; to make cognizant.
- To familiarize; to accustom.
- An integer that does not divide another into integral parts.
- A sample that has been divided into a set of equal parts, to leave a remainder
- Not dividing another specified integer into integral parts.
- A person who finishes furniture or objects so they have the appearance of an antique. (Either for decoration or to perpetrate a fraud.)
- A person who browses for antiques.
- An underwater explorer.
- A person who maintains an aquarium.
- Inhabiting the water.
- A form of etching with acid on a plate partially covered with varnish that produces a print somewhat resembling a watercolour.
- An etching or print made using this method.
- To make such etchings.
- The replacement of a ligand by water in a complex
- An artificial channel that is constructed to convey water from one location to another.
- A structure carrying water over a river or depression, especially in regards to ancient aqueducts.
- The condition of being watery; wateriness
- Shaped like a bow; arcuate; curved.
- A quilt used for spreading over a bed, as the topmost layer of bedclothes.
- To give or leave by will; to give by testament.
- To hand down; to transmit.
- To give; to offer; to commit.
- a small city in Georgia, USA
- an unincorporated community in Texas, USA.
- An affectation of amorous tenderness, especially of a woman directed towards a man.
- A woman who flirts or plays with men's affections.
- Want of quiet; want of tranquility in body or mind; anxiety, disturbance, restlessness, uneasiness.
- Deprived of quiet; impatient, restless, uneasy.
- To make (someone or something) worried or anxious.
- To liquate; to smelt.
- To part by liquation.
- The fact of being equal.
- The fact of being equal, of having the same value.
- The equal treatment of people irrespective of social or cultural differences.
- Of, pertaining to, or being an equative.
- A construction showing an equal quality. In English, this is normally formed using as. For example, the equative of happy is as happy as.
- A word in the equative form.
- A grammatical case in certain languages, including Ossetic and Sumerian, that indicates something is like something else. English equivalents include he was the same age as her and he looks like him.
- The quality of being equine.
- Mounted on, or sitting upon, a horse; riding on horseback.
- Overlapping at the base.
- Embodied in, or changed into, water.
- A lack of justice; injustice.
- An unjust act; a disservice.
- Deviation from what is right; wickedness, gross injustice.
- An unfair act or unconscionable deed.
- Hostility, malevolence, lawlessness.
- Denial of the sovereignty of God.
- A citrus tree, a cross between a lime and a kumquat,
- The fruit from this tree
- A preliminary model or sketch used in preparation for making a sculpture.
- An irregular or partisan soldier; a bandit.
- To incorrectly recite a quote.
- To incorrectly record a quote.
- An aura of heightened interest, meaning or mystery surrounding a person or thing.
- A form of Arabic calligraphy mostly used for Persian and languages it has influenced, including Urdu and Ottoman Turkish.
- Not included in a quota
- To surpass in quotation.
- A poisonous yellow herbicide derived from bipyridine
- A retail store selling items relating to postal mail, such as stamps and stationery.
- A member of the an early Islamic movement which held that man was endowed by God with free will.
- In ancient Rome, a commission to inquire into a criminal matter given to a citizen (the quaesitor) who then reported to whoever appointed him.
- In a quaint manner; oddly; strangely.
- The first person one encounters, either after leaving one's home or (sometimes) outside one's home, especially on New Year's Day.
- To assign a quantity to.
- To determine the value of (a variable or expression).
- A fundamental, generic term used when referring to the measurement (count, amount) of a scalar, vector, number of items or to some other way of denominating the value of a collection or group of items.
- An indefinite amount of something.
- A specific measured amount.
- A considerable measure or amount.
- Property of a phenomenon, body, or substance, where the property has a magnitude that can be expressed as number and a reference.
- Indicates that the entire preceding expression is henceforth considered a single object.
- To limit the number of possible values of a quantity, or states of a system, by applying the rules of quantum mechanics
- To approximate a continuously varying signal by one whose amplitude can only have a set of discrete values
- To shift each beat in a rhythmic pattern to the nearest beat of a given resolution (eighth note, sixteenth note, etc.), or to adjust the frequency or pitch of a note to the nearest perfect tone in a given musical scale
- A quarter part; one fourth.
- A loaf of bread weighing about four pounds.
- Housing, barracks or other habitation or living space. Compare cuarto.
- The place where someone or something lives
- A commonly played university drinking game in North America.
- Any of the three points that divide an ordered distribution into four parts, each containing a quarter of the population.
- Any one of the four groups so divided.
- A supposed fourth integument of an ovule, counting from the outside.
- Relating to the belief that the is authoritative insofar as it faithfully describes the Christian faith as revealed in the Bible; admitting the possibility that the Book of Concord might contradict the Bible.
- In a quatenus manner.
- The four aces, kings, queens, jacks, or tens, in the game of piquet, any of these counting as fourteen points.
- A poem in four lines.
- A stanza of four lines.
- A young or little queen.
- A white crystalline substance found in acorns.
- questing; in search of something
- The act of going in quest of something.
- A sentence, phrase or word which asks for information, reply or response; an interrogative.
- A subject or topic for consideration or investigation.
- A doubt or challenge about the truth or accuracy of a matter.
- A proposal to a meeting as a topic for deliberation.
- interrogation by torture
- Talk; conversation; speech.
- To ask questions of; interrogate; enquire; ask for information.
- To raise about; have doubts about.
- To argue; to converse; to dispute.
- One who is legally empowered to look into certain matters, especially abuses of weights and measures.
- A churchwarden's assistant; a sidesman.
- A collector of parish rents.
- Grown from cuttings planted directly into the ground
- The cuttings used, or the hedge produced by this method
- The essence or inherent nature of a person or thing.
- A trifle; a nicety or quibble.
- An eccentricity; an odd feature.
- Quietness; stillness, peace.
- The act of making something quiet.
- A form of mysticism involving quiet contemplation.
- A state of passive quietness.
- A mystic who follows quietism.
- Someone who is not socially or politically active.
- Tending to quieten or make passive.
- Something that quietens; a sedative.
- A Native American people in western Washington state.
- A layer or layers of quilted padding.
- A coating of strands of rope for a water vessel.
- The practice of creating quilts
- A group of Native American peoples from western Washington in the United States.
- A mixture of the sulphates of the cinchona alkaloids: a cheap substitute for quinine sulphate.
- An object (generally a post or plank on a support) set up as a target to be tilted at in jousting, or otherwise used as target practice.
- A group of five notes to be played or sung in the time of four.
- a person who makes quips; a joker
- The deliberate ending of something.
- The ceasing of a habit, especially smoking cigarettes or other addictive behaviors.
- The termination of employment, initiated by the employee.
- Possessing or acting with the desire to do noble and romantic deeds, without thought of realism and practicality; exceedingly idealistic.
- Like Don Quixote; romantic to extravagance; absurdly chivalric; apt to be deluded.
- A wild, visionary idea, an eccentric notion or act; a quixotism.
- Capable or worthy of being quoted
- In a way or to an extent that is quotable
- The relation of an object to number.
- a game for two or four players, played in an enclosed court with a small hard fast-moving ball
- Compensation for loss or damage; amends.
- retaliation or reprisal; vengeance.
- A herb of the mustard family, with pungently flavored leaves often eaten in salads.
- A logical conclusion or consequence of facts.
- Covered in scales.
- Any reptile of the order Squamata.
- A picnic on the beach, a clambake.
- One who squats, sits down idly.
- One who occupies a building or land without title or permission.
- One who occupied Crown land.
- A large-scale grazier and landowner.
- A squat toilet.
- To squat or sprawl; to duck into concealment.
- One who, or that which, squirts.
- A woman who can ejaculate.
- Watery stool.
- A random broadcast of data occurring either intentionally or in response to noise.
- To create watery stool; to squirt.
- To broadcast squitter.
- Free from emotional or mental disturbance.
- Calm; without motion or sound.
- The state or quality of being, or appearing to be, everywhere at once; actual or perceived omnipresence.
- Anything that is found to be ubiquitous within a specified area.
- The state or quality of being unique.
- Not quoted on the stock exchange.
- Not enclosed in quotation marks.
- The act of fulfilling the duties (of a given role, obligation etc.).
- A legal decision that someone is not guilty with which they have been charged, or the formal dismissal of a charge by some other legal process.
- Payment of a debt or other obligation; reparations, amends.
- The act of releasing someone from debt or other obligation; acquittance.
- Avoidance of danger; deliverance.
- Having been acquitted; having gone through a trial that resulted in something other than a guilty verdict.
- One who acquits or releases.
- A person who is knowledgeable of, or who collects antiques; an antiquarian.
- An aficionado or student of antiquities, ancient artifacts, historic sites, ancient writings, or things of the past.
- Relating to antiquity.
- To cause to become old or obsolete.
- In an antique manner.
- An antiquary; a collector of antiques.
- One who keeps fish in an aquarium.
- A guest at a banquet.
- A kind of small sailboat.
- A small boat-shaped pastry shell with a sweet or savoury filling.
- A traditional children's toy consisting of a wooden cup with a handle, and a ball attached to the cup by a string.
- A person having the ability to speak in two different voices, especially as a ventriloquist.
- glittery; dressed in, or overlaid with, tinsel finery.
- Dutch metal
- A city in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia, Canada.
- Minced, cooked food (usually meat or vegetables), which is deep-fried in fat and sometimes sprinkled with bread crumbs.
- To cause to melt away; to dissolve; to consume.
- To melt or be dissolved; to deliquesce.
- Capable of being equated; comparable
- The act of equipping, or the state of being equipped, as for a voyage or expedition.
- Whatever is used in equipping something or someone, for example things needed for an expedition or voyage.
- Having wheels of the same size or diameter; having equal rotation.
- In an equitable manner
- An official authorization given by a government to a consul etc.
- Especially fine or pleasing; exceptional.
- Carefully adjusted; precise; accurate; exact.
- Recherché; far-fetched; abstruse.
- Of special beauty or rare excellence.
- Exceeding; extreme; keen, in a bad or a good sense.
- Of delicate perception or close and accurate discrimination; not easy to satisfy; exact; fastidious.
- Fop, dandy.
- Any of several small tropical birds now placed in the tanager family Thraupidae (but previously in Emberizidae), common in the West Indies and in countries of Central and South America around the Caribbean Sea.
- distorted and unnatural in shape or size; abnormal and hideous
- disgusting or otherwise viscerally reviling.
- sans serif.
- A style of ornamentation characterized by fanciful combinations of intertwined forms.
- Anything grotesque.
- A sans serif typeface.
- In an inquiet manner.
- To pollute or make dirty.
- Making enquiry; questioning.
- Having an almost random drainage, often forming dendritic patterns.
- Abrus precatorius, a legume native to Indonesia with long, pinnate-leafleted leaves, whose toxic seeds ("jequirity bean") may be used as beads or in percussion instruments.
- The partial melting of a mixture of metals or ores in order to separate components
- To settle (a debt) by paying the outstanding amount.
- To settle the affairs of (a company), by using its assets to pay its debts.
- To convert (assets) into cash; to redeem.
- To do away with.
- To kill.
- To determine by agreement or by litigation the precise amount of (indebtedness); to make the amount of (a debt) clear and certain.
- To make clear and intelligible.
- To make liquid.
- The degree of which something is in high supply and demand, making it easily convertible to cash
- The state or property of being liquid.
- An asset's property of being able to be sold without affecting its value; the degree to which it can be easily converted into cash.
- Availability of cash over short term: ability to service short-term debt.
- Talkativeness; the quality of being loquacious.
- A decorative technique in which veneers of wood, ivory, metal etc. are inlaid into a wood surface to form intricate designs.
- An example of this work
- a small city in Iowa, USA.
- a small city in Kansas, USA.
- a city in Michigan, USA
- a village in Nebraska, USA.
- a town and a village in Wisconsin, USA.
- The quality of being oblique in direction, deviating from the horizontal or vertical; definition the angle created by such a deviation.
- Axial tilt.
- Mental or moral deviation or perversity; immorality.
- The quality of being obscure, oftentimes willfully, sometimes as an exercise in euphemism.
- Obedient; submissive; obsequious.
- The state of being obsequious; unctuousness
- A cross between an orange and a tangerine.
- The technique of applying wooden tiles or veneers to create a decorative geometrical pattern on floors, furniture etc.
- An 8-amino-quinoline derivative used to treat malaria.
- A person who arranges artificial flowers for a living.
- In a piquant manner; with piquancy.
- A small metal tablet decorated in bas-relief, usually with a design including figures.
- The smallest closed loop, enclosing the region between four lattice sites, in lattice gauge theory.
- Resembling or characteristic of a poet or poetry.
- A politician, especially one seen as being unprincipled.
- A quack or charlatan.
- of a polynomial, involving the second power (square) of a variable but no higher powers, as <math>ax^2 + bx + c</math>.
- of an equation, of the form <math> ax^2 + bx + c = 0</math>.
- of a function, of the form <math> y = ax^2 + bx + c </math>.
- A quadratic polynomial, function or equation.
- Any of several skeletal muscles more or less quadrangular in outline.
- Somewhat quaint.
- Endowed with (usually specified) qualities; especially, having good qualities.
- Relating to quantics.
- Expressed or existing only in terms of discrete quanta; limited by the restrictions of quantization.
- An electronic device that samples a varying quantity (e.g. a waveform) and generates a digital response
- One of a group of agricultural workers who were entitled to keep a quarter of the harvest as payment, yielding up the rest to their lord.
- Occurring once every quarter year (three months).
- (of a coat of arms) Divided into four parts crosswise.
- Once every quarter year (three months).
- A periodical publication that appears four times per year.
- A quarter; especially, a quarter of a pound, or a quarter of a hundred.
- a metamorphic rock consisting of interlocking grains of quartz
- A form of crystal resembling quartz, having two six-sided pyramids, base to base.
- Pertaining to quartz; made of quartz.
- Pertaining to quartz; made of quartz.
- Occurring in fours, or having four elements.
- great-great-great-grandfather; the grandfather of the grandfather of one's father
- A voice pitched a fifth above treble.
- A flavonol found in many fruits, vegetables, leaves and grains.
- A wood or plantation of oak trees.
- A flavonoid found in fruits, vegetables, leaves and grains.
- Habitually suspicious or querimonious.
- A habitually suspicious or querimonious person.
- A fast foxtrot noted for its complex and intricate footwork.
- To dance the quickstep.
- Inactive, quiet, at rest.
- Not sounded; silent.
- One who, or that which, quietens.
- Indicative or characteristic of quietness or of being quiet.
- In a quietlike manner; quietly.
- Absence of sound; silence or hush.
- Absence of disturbance; calm, stillness or serenity.
- Characterised or marked by quietness; calm; still; tranquil
- Any of various simple microphyllous vascular plants, of the family , that resemble rushes and produce spores.
- Describing an ecumenical council convoked by the emperor Justinian II at Constantinople in 692, also known as the Council in Trullo.
- spelling of A composition for five voices or instruments; also, the set of five persons who sing or play five-part music.
- A quintet.
- A party of five.
- The month of the ancient Roman calendar which became July, the fifth month when the year began with March and the seventh after it began with January.
- The offspring of an octoroon and a white person.
- To relinquish or release (a claim, title etc.); to transfer (an interest in property).
- A renunciation of claims.
- A deed that is a renunciation of claims to a parcel of real property and a transfer of one's claims to another.
- Capable of being quitted.
- A release or acquittal.
- A discharge from a debt or obligation; a document that shows this discharge.
- Recompense; return; repayment.
- That form of delusion which leads to extravagant and absurd undertakings or sacrifices in obedience to a morbidly romantic ideal of duty or honor, as illustrated by the exploits of Don Quixote in knight-errantry.
- A form of music with melodies in counterpoint.
- A form of trompe l'oeil which realistically renders domestic items (paper-knives, playing-cards, ribbons, etc).
- A mode of philosophical debate popular in the Middle Ages, in which any question could be posed extemporaneously.
- A grammatical device to mark quoted speech, such as in "he was like, 'who are you?'".
- A form of the complementizer related to the verb say, found in many languages of West Africa and South Asia.
- Serving to mark quoted speech.
- Without quotations; quotationless.
- Without quotation marks.
- Recurring every twenty-four hours or (more generally) daily (of symptoms, etc).
- Happening every day; daily.
- Having the characteristics of something which can be seen, experienced, etc, every day or very commonly; commonplace, ordinary, mundane.
- A fever which recurs every day; quotidian malaria.
- A daily allowance formerly paid to certain members of the clergy.
- Commonplace or mundane things regarded as a class.
- One who, or that which, makes a request.
- One who, or that which, makes a request.
- Essential, required, indispensable.
- An indispensable item; a requirement.
- Quality or state of being sequacious.
- To separate from all external influence; to seclude; to withdraw.
- To separate in order to store.
- To set apart; to put aside; to remove; to separate from other things.
- To prevent an ion in solution from behaving normally by forming a coordination compound
- To temporarily remove (property) from the possession of its owner and hold it as security against legal claims.
- To cause (one) to submit to the process of sequestration; to deprive (one) of one's estate, property, etc.
- To remove (certain funds) automatically from a budget.
- To seize and hold enemy property.
- To withdraw; to retire.
- To renounce (as a widow may) any concern with the estate of her husband.
- sequestration; separation
- A person with whom two or more contending parties deposit the subject matter of the controversy; one who mediates between two parties; a referee.
- A sequestrum.
- A familiar name for a person (typically a shortened version of a person’s given name).
- Any member of the Squatinidae.
- The state of being squat
- A holding occupied by a squatter (senses 2 and 3)
- The act or general practice of occupying a building or land illegally.
- The act of one who squints.
- The land-owning gentry; the squirearchy.
- The act of something being squirted.
- A violent tremor or quake that occurs on or near the surface of a star, especially a collapsed star.
- a city in Oklahoma, USA
- a community in on Vashon Island, Washington State, USA.
- The practical aspects of a given art, occupation etc.; formal requirements.
- Practical ability in some given field or practice, often as opposed to creativity or imaginative skill.
- a method of achieving something or carrying something out, especially one requiring some skill or knowledge.
- wearing a torque
- shaped like a torque, twisted, convoluted
- A mixture of alkaloids from Cinchona species, formerly used to treat malaria.
- A triptych.
- A customs pass allowing a motor vehicle into and out of France.
- A shape formed of three vesica piscis, sometimes with an additional circle, a symbol of things and persons that are threefold, and a symbol of protection in Wicca.
- In an unquiet manner.
- The doctrine that the faithful, specifically including laity, should receive (sub utraque specie), that is to say, receive both bread and wine during the Eucharist.
- Follower of utraquism.
- To lay bare, as the roots of a tree, by loosening or removing soil.
- Personally known; familiar.
- In an adequate manner.
- Sufficient to satisfy a requirement or meet a need; sufficiently; satisfactorily.
- Barely satisfactory or sufficient.
- equivalent or sufficient; adequate.
- Opposing the drinking of alcoholic liquor.
- A comic or grotesque dance presented before or between the acts of a masque.
- old-fashioned, out of date
- An artist who makes aquatints.
- The quality of being aquiline.
- Of or pertaining to Aquitania, now called Gascony.
- of or pertaining to the Aquitanian Age, in the Miocene epoch.
- A nectar-feeding bird, thought to be related to the Darwin's finches and the grassquits.
- One who attends a banquet.
- To attend a banquet or banquets (particularly as a frequent or habitual activity).
- The act of holding or participating in a banquet.
- The act of bequeathing; bequeathment; bequest.
- The fourth power; the square of a square.
- An aspect of two planets that are distant from each other by two fifths of a great circle (72 degrees)
- Characterized by blots or heavy touches; coarsely depicted; lacking delineation.
- An artwork characterized by blots or heavy touches.
- A platform used to display or convey a coffin during a funeral, often ornate.
- A work divided into a hundred parts.
Possible word length