Page 1 from 34
Total results: 34876
- Grand Theft Auto, a series of video games by Rockstar Games.
- Greater Toronto Area, the most populous urban region in Southern Ontario, Canada.
- General Telephone & Electric Corporation, a former American telephone company.
- From of "Grand Tourer, Homologated", used in some sports car names (see granturismo)
- of a worldwide network for the transmission of meteorological data from weather stations, satellites and numerical weather prediction centres.
- of (as a sexual fetish).
- Radiotelegraph, in air transport parlance
- Manner of walking or stepping; bearing or carriage while moving.
- One of the different ways in which a horse can move, either naturally or as a result of training.
- To teach a specific gait to a horse.
- A lunatic.
- Gilding; gilt.
- A gelding.
- tribute; tax
- Money, especially that given as a gift on Hanukkah or used in games of dreidel.
- Chocolate candy in the shape of coins, usually wrapped in metallic foil, usually eaten on Hanukkah and often used for games of dreidel.
- Gold or other metal in a thin layer; gilding.
- A security issued by the Bank of England (see gilt-edged)
- Golden coloured.
- A young female pig, at or nearing the age of first breeding.
- A horizontal structural member of post and beam architecture, typically attached to bridge two or more vertical members such as corner posts.
- To gird.
- To bind horizontally, as with a belt or girdle.
- To measure the girth of.
- Bound by a cable; used of a vessel so moored by two anchors that she swings against one of the cables by force of the current or tide.
- An adult male deer.
- A colt, or filly.
- A romping girl.
- An improperly or late castrated bull or ram – also called a bull seg (see note under ox).
- An outside irregular dealer in stocks, who is not a member of the exchange.
- One who applies for the allotment of shares in new projects, with a view to sell immediately at a premium, and not to hold the stock.
- The Eurasian wren, Troglodytes troglodytes.
- An unmarried male, a bachelor; a male not accompanying a female at a social event.
- A social event for males held in honor of a groom on the eve of his wedding, attended by male friends of the groom, sometimes a fund-raiser.
- A stag beetle (family
- To act as a "stag", an irregular dealer in stocks.
- To watch; to dog, or keep track of.
- Of a man, attending a formal social function without a date.
- A sheep in its second year or before its first shearing.
- The wool from such a sheep.
- Someone with an intimidating and unseemly appearance and mannerisms, who treats others violently and roughly, often for hire.
- One of a band of assassins formerly active in northern India who worshipped and offered their victims to her.
- In gardening, an over-vigorous plant that spreads and dominates the flowerbed.
- To commit acts of thuggery, to live the life of a thug, or to dress and act in a manner reminiscent of someone who does.
- 2016, San Francisco Examiner
- Clothes for a specific occasion or use.
- swimsuit, both the women's and men's tight-fitting type (in some regions referred to as "speedos").
- True; trusty; trustworthy; faithful.
- Safe; secure.
- Tight; firm; steady; sound; in good condition or health.
- Neat; tidy; trim; spruce; smart.
- Active; clever.
- A dandy; coxcomb.
- A trigonometric point, trig point.
- A stone, block of wood, or anything else, placed under a wheel or barrel to prevent motion; a scotch; a skid.
- To stop (a wheel, barrel, etc.) by placing something under it; to scotch; to skid.
- To fill; to stuff; to cram.
- A shallow, oval basket used for gardening
- A trough or tray.
- A hod for mortar.
- An old measure of wheat equal to two thirds of a bushel.
- A concubine; a harlot.
- A small thin branch of a tree or bush.
- To beat with twigs.
- To realise something; to catch on.
- To understand the meaning of (a person); to comprehend.
- To observe slyly; also, to perceive; to discover.
- To twitch; to pull; to tweak.
- Of the nature of agate, or containing agate.
- To take to graze or pasture, at a certain sum; used originally of the feeding of cattle in the king's forests, and collecting the money for the same.
- The cover at the tip of a shoelace, to prevent it from fraying.
- A catkin.
- A priming tube connecting the charge chamber with the gallery, or place where the slow match is applied.
- anything whatever, any part.
- whit, the smallest part, iota.
- The digit zero as the decade in years. For example, aught-nine for 1909 or 2009.
- At all, in any degree, in any respect.
- Of importance or consequence (in the phrase "of aught").
- Esteem, respect.
- Property; possession
- Duty; place; office
- to own, possess
- to owe, be obliged or obligated to
- possessed of
- An element of a lineage, especially of a lineage given in the Bible
- To cause; to produce.
- To father; to sire; to produce (a child).
- To happen to; befall.
- To furnish with a tag; deck with tags.
- A corner, bend, or angle; a hollow
- An area of sea lying between two promontories, larger than a bay, wider than a gulf
- A bend or curve in a coastline, river, or other geographical feature.
- A curve in a rope
- One who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.
- One who is strongly partial to his or her own group (e.g. religion, race, ethnicity, gender, political party, etc.) and is intolerant of those who differ.
- A member of a persecuted minority in south-western France.
- To deal with, handle.
- To have sexual intercourse with.
- To dispose, put (in a given state or condition).
- To compose, make.
- To furnish, equip.
- To dress, array; to adorn.
- To make ready, prepare.
- To excrete from the body.
- Any of various wading birds of the genera Egretta or Ardea that includes herons, many of which are white or buff, and several of which develop fine plumes during the breeding season.
- A plume or tuft of feathers worn as a part of a headdress, or anything imitating such an ornament; an aigrette.
- The flying feathery or hairy crown of seeds or achenes, such as the down of the thistle.
- The crab-eating macaque (Macaca fascicularis)
- country in North Africa. Official name: Arab Republic of Egypt.
- A civilization based around the river Nile, on its lower reaches nearer the Mediterranean.
- The digit/figure 8.
- Any of the four cards in a normal deck with the value eight.
- A light, narrow rowing boat, especially one used in competitive rowing, steered by a cox, in which eight rowers each have two oars.
- A race in which such craft participate.
- An island in a river; an ait.
- Any fungus in the genus Claviceps which are parasitic on grasses.
- The sclerotium (wintering stage) of certain fungi in the genus Claviceps, appearing as a deformed grain in certain cereals and grasses infected by the fungi.
- A bundle of pieces of wrought iron to be worked over into bars or other shapes by rolling or hammering at a welding heat; a pile.
- A fagotto, or bassoon.
- A person hired to take the place of another at the muster of a company.
- To make a fagot of; to bind together in a fagot or bundle.
- To contend in physical conflict, either singly or in war, battle etc.
- To strive for; to campaign or contend for success.
- To conduct or engage in (battle, warfare etc.).
- To engage in combat with; to oppose physically, to contest with.
- To try to overpower; to fiercely counteract.
- To cause to fight; to manage or manoeuvre in a fight.
- An occasion of fighting.
- A battle between opposing armies.
- A physical confrontation or combat between two or more people or groups.
- A boxing or martial arts match.
- A conflict, possibly nonphysical, with opposing ideas or forces; strife.
- The will or ability to fight.
- A screen for the combatants in ships.
- The optimal date to exercise an American option (or a Bermudan option).
- A form of plaster of Paris formerly used in Persia
- Capable of being switched on and off (normally by means of a signal).
- Have a gate or other restricted access.
- An old Venetian coin.
- A (legislative or judicial) assembly in Anglo-Saxon England.
- Any assembly.
- Having a ghastly appearance; weird.
- An evil spirit or monster; a ghoul.
- form of: a steep ravine leading to the sea
- Capital city of the province of East Flanders, Belgium.
- The spirit; the soul of man.
- The disembodied soul; the soul or spirit of a deceased person; a spirit appearing after death; an apparition; a specter.
- Any faint shadowy semblance; an unsubstantial image; a phantom; a glimmering.
- A false image formed in a telescope, camera, or other optical device by reflection from the surfaces of one or more lenses.
- An unwanted image similar to and overlapping or adjacent to the main one on a television screen, caused by the transmitted image being received both directly and via reflection.
- A ghostwriter.
- An unresponsive user on IRC, resulting from the user's client disconnecting without notifying the server.
- An image of a file or hard disk.
- An understudy.
- A covert (and deniable) agent.
- The faint image that remains after an attempt to remove graffiti.
- An opponent in a racing game that follows a previously recorded route, allowing players to compete against previous best times.
- A dead person whose identity is stolen by another. See
- White or
- Transparent or
- The of.
- Perceived or listed but not
- Of or nature.
- To haunt; to appear to in the form of an apparition.
- To die; to expire.
- To ghostwrite.
- To sail seemingly without wind.
- To copy a file or hard drive image.
- To gray out (a visual item) to indicate that it is unavailable.
- To forcibly disconnect an IRC user who is using one's reserved nickname.
- To appear without warning; To move quickly and quietly; to slip.
- to kill
- to break up with someone without warning or explanation (see ghosting)
- A leg of lamb or mutton.
- A sleeveless jacket similar to a waistcoat.
- A band passed under the belly of an animal, which holds a saddle in place.
- The part of an animal around which the girth fits.
- One's waistline circumference, most often a large one.
- A small horizontal brace or girder.
- The distance measured around an object.
- The length of the shortest cycle in a graph.
- To bind as if with a girth or band.
- Stomach mucus, especially of a hawk.
- Any slimy, viscous substance.
- A urethral discharge, especially as a symptom of gonorrhoea.
- To flow in a thin, limpid humour; to ooze, as gleet.
- To flow slowly, as water.
- A short flash of light.
- Not sharp; dull.
- To flash briefly.
- To glance; to peep forth, as a flower from the bud; to glitter.
- To dry; to wither.
- Garish, brilliant showiness.
- To exhibit a conspicuous (sometimes malevolent) pleasure or sense of self-satisfaction, often at an adversary's misfortune.
- To triumph, crow, relish, glory, revel in.
- An act or instance of gloating.
- Lead glazing used for pottery.
- A sulky look.
- A stare.
- To sulk; to be sulky; to pout.
- To stare; to stare gloatingly.
- A spark; a dying or dead spark, as of a snuffed candle.
- To gnash.
- Like a goat, goatlike or redolent of goats.
- A drinking cup.
- A piece of fabric inserted into a garment along a seam or cut to lengthen the free edge, and to make a garment roomier and to add a wavy edge.
- A roller for guiding synthetic filaments during drawing.
- witchcraft, demonic magic, necromancy
- The lineage or clan assigned to a Hindu at birth.
- Suffering from gout.
- To welcome in a friendly manner, either in person or through another means e.g. writing or over the phone/internet
- To arrive at or reach, or meet (talking of something which brings joy)
- To accost; to address.
- To meet and give salutations.
- To be perceived by (somebody).
- To weep; to cry.
- Mourning, weeping, lamentation.
- A confidence game or swindle.
- To obtain illegally, as by con game.
- To obtain money illegally.
- A West African storyteller who passes on oral traditions; a wandering musician and poet.
- A Haitian dish of fried pork.
- Responsibility for wrongdoing.
- Awareness, feeling of having done wrong; remorse.
- The fact of having done wrong.
- The state of having been found guilty or admitted guilt in legal proceedings.
- To commit offenses; act criminally.
- To cause someone to feel guilt, particularly in order to influence their behaviour.
- blowing in gusts; blustery
- marked by courage and determination in the face of difficulties or danger; having guts
- not showing due respect
- A small water-repelling, cone-shaped projection used in the architrave of the Doric order in classical architecture.
- Charged or sprinkled with drops.
- Gutsy; brave.
- A solid block of more or less pure metal, often but not necessarily bricklike in shape and trapezoidal in cross-section, the result of pouring out and cooling molten metal, often immediately after smelting from raw ore or alloying from constituents.
- To form (scraps of metal) into ingots.
- Power, strength, force or influence held by a person or group.
- Physical strength.
- The ability to do something.
- Mighty; powerful; possible.
- Used to indicate conditional or possible actions.
- past of Used to indicate permission in past tense.
- past of Used to indicate possibility in past tense.
- Indicating duty or obligation.
- Indicating advisability or prudence.
- Indicating desirability.
- Indicating likelihood or probability.
- spelling of; anything
- spelling of; at all, to any degree.
- A statement of what ought to be the case as contrasted with what is the case.
- spelling of; cipher, zero, nought.
- To go out, to set forth.
- To go further; to exceed or surpass; go beyond.
- To overtake; to travel faster than.
- To outdo; exceed; surpass.
- The act or process of going out.
- A quantity of a substance or thing that has flowed out; an outflow.
- an expenditure, cost or outlay.
- To tag again or anew.
- Straight, not bent.
- Of an angle, having a size of 90 degrees, or one quarter of a complete rotation; the angle between two perpendicular lines.
- Complying with justice, correctness or reason; correct, just, true.
- Appropriate, perfectly suitable; fit for purpose.
- Healthy, sane, competent.
- Real; veritable.
- All right; not requiring assistance.
- Most favourable or convenient; fortunate.
- Designating the side of the body which is positioned to the east if one is facing north. This arrow points to the right: →
- Designed to be placed or worn outward.
- Pertaining to the political right; conservative.
- On the right side.
- Towards the right side.
- Exactly, precisely.
- Immediately, directly.
- Very, extremely, quite.
- According to fact or truth; actually; truly; really.
- In a correct manner.
- To a great extent or degree.
- That which complies with justice, law or reason.
- A legal or moral entitlement.
- The right side or direction.
- The right hand.
- The ensemble of right-wing political parties; political conservatives as a group.
- The outward or most finished surface, as of a piece of cloth, a carpet, etc.
- To correct.
- To set upright.
- To return to normal upright position.
- To do justice to; to relieve from wrong; to restore rights to; to assert or regain the rights of.
- Peter Mark Roget, a British physician and lexicographer known for publishing .
- To use a thesaurus; to look for synonyms; to suggest synonyms.
- To use or to mention synonyms; to replace words in a text with synonyms in order to disguise plagiarism.
- The ability to see.
- The act of seeing; perception of objects by the eye; view.
- Something seen.
- Something worth seeing; a spectacle.
- A device used in aiming a projectile, through which the person aiming looks at the intended target.
- A small aperture through which objects are to be seen, and by which their direction is settled or ascertained.
- a great deal, a lot; definition.
- In a drawing, picture, etc., that part of the surface, as of paper or canvas, which is within the frame or the border or margin. In a frame, the open space, the opening.
- The instrument of seeing; the eye.
- Mental view; opinion; judgment.
- To register visually.
- To get sight of (something).
- To apply sights to; to adjust the sights of; also, to give the proper elevation and direction to by means of a sight.
- To take aim at.
- unnaturally showy
- melodramatic; sensationalized
- a type of cigar popular in the United States in the latter half of the nineteenth century.
- A heavy work boot manufactured in the northern United States and in Canada in the nineteenth century.
- A pedicel or footstalk, especially of a flowering or fruit-bearing plant, such as the currant.
- The tang of a sword-blade.
- The string of a button.
- Of sheep: having tags, or dangling locks of wool.
- The fruit of the tagua palm. When dried, it can be carved like ivory, and is used for beads, buttons, etc.
- A river in Spain and Portugal, the longest river in Iberia.
- having a sharp, pungent flavor
- The gate of a mold, through which the melted metal is poured.
- a mythical Japanese creature, typically birdlike and having a long nose
- The upper leg of a human, between the hip and the knee.
- That part of the leg of vertebrates (or sometimes other animals) which corresponds to the human thigh in position or function; the tibia of a horse, the tarsus of a bird; the third leg-section of an insect.
- Firmly held together; compact; not loose or open.
- Unyielding or firm
- Under high tension.
- Scarce, hard to come by.
- Intimately friendly.
- Miserly or frugal.
- Narrow, such that it is difficult for something or someone to pass through it.
- Fitting close, or too close, to the body.
- Of a turn, sharp, so that the timeframe for making it is narrow and following it is difficult.
- Lacking holes; difficult to penetrate; waterproof.
- Well-rehearsed and accurate in execution.
- Not conceding many goals.
- Intoxicated; drunk or acting like being drunk.
- Extraordinarily great or special.
- Mean; unfair; unkind.
- Not ragged; whole; neat; tidy.
- Handy; adroit; brisk.
- Of a player, who plays very few hands.
- Using a strategy which involves playing very few hands.
- Firmly, so as not to come loose easily.
- To tighten.
- A cross between a male tiger and a lioness.
- A small amount of something, especially of an added color.
- The degree of vividness of a color; shade, hue or tint.
- To add a small amount of color; to tint.
- To imbue or impregnate.
- A town and county in New York
- A city in North Dakota
- A borough and county in Pennsylvania
- A town in Texas
- A in West Virginia
- togated; dressed in a toga
- Lake trout, Salvelinus namaycush, a freshwater char of northern North America.
- An instrument or tool used for picking things up without touching them with the hands or fingers, consisting of two slats or grips hinged at the end or in the middle, and sometimes including a spring to open the grips.
- A large scissors-like two-piece center-hinged forged-iron implement with oval-loop handles and with pointed tips turned inward (in the same plane as and perpendicular to the handles) to facilitate lifting and carrying a block of ice. Often called ice tongs.
- Strong and resilient; sturdy.
- Difficult to cut or chew.
- Rugged or physically hardy.
- Harsh or severe.
- Rowdy or rough.
- Difficult or demanding.
- Undergoing plastic deformation before breaking.
- A person who obtains things by force; a thug or bully.
- To endure.
- To toughen.
- The sound of a vibrating string, for example, of a bow or a musical instrument.
- A technical term for a particular sharp vibrating sound characteristic of electric guitars.
- A trace of a regional or foreign accent in someone's voice.
- The sound quality that appears in the human voice when the epilaryngeal tube is narrowed.
- A sharp, disagreeable taste or flavor.
- To produce a sharp vibrating sound, like a tense string pulled and suddenly let go.
- To play a stringed musical instrument by plucking and snapping.
- Trouble; distress; perplexity.
- Doubt; perplexity.
- To tweak.
- Action of the verb to tie; ligature.
- The act or process of washing ores in a buddle.
- To cause to be unbegotten or unborn, or as if unbegotten or unborn.
- To unacquire; relinquish; release; get rid of; lose; lose hold of; forget
- Temporarily assuming the duties or authority of another person when they are unable to do their job.
- An intended action or deed.
- The occupation of an actor.
- The deeds or actions of parties are called actings to avoid confusion with the legal senses of deeds and actions.
- To set in order; to array.
- Unfairly discriminatory against someone based on their age.
- A person who behaves in an ageist manner.
- Terrified; struck with amazement; showing signs of terror or horror.
- A relative whose relation is traced only through male members of the family.
- Any paternal male relative.
- Related to someone by male connections or on the paternal side of the family.
- allied; akin
- Having a similar semantic meaning.
- A rodent similar in appearance to a guinea pig but having longer legs.
- A fur containing a pattern of pigmentation in which individual hairs have several bands of light and dark pigment with black tips; any of several genes responsible for this pigmentation.
- A tip, originally of metal and often decorative, on a ribbon or cord that makes lacing two parts of a garment or garments together easier, as in corset lacings, "points" (lacing hose or trousers to jacket or doublet) or sleeves to a bodice.
- An ornament worn on clothing, consisting of a metal tag on a fringe, or a small metallic plate or spangle.
- Any way, by any means.
- Anyway, in any case; notwithstanding; at all events; yet.
- To make light or less heavy; lighten; alleviate.
- To get off or exit a vehicle or animal; to descend; to dismount.
- To descend and settle, lodge, rest, or stop.
- To find by accident
- To light; light up; illuminate.
- To set light to; light.
- Lit, on fire, switched on.
- Lit; on fire, burning.
- Narrow; strait; contracted; not spacious.
- The practice of some birds of rubbing live ants or occasionally other items into the feathers, possibly as a means of controlling parasites.
- The metal silver.
- The white or silver tincture on a coat of arms.
- Whiteness; anything that is white.
- of silver or silver-coloured.
- of white or silver tincture on a coat of arms.
- Sharp; perceptive; shrewd.
- A high medieval Turkish feudal title, originally charged with the caretaking and mentoring of the realm's crown prince.
- The first decade of a century, such as 1900 to 1909 or 2000 to 2009, whose digit in the tens place is zero. The oughts, the noughties.
- A variety of pyroxene, usually of a black or dark green color, occurring in igneous rocks, such as basalt.
- Apart from; except.
- To entrust; endow.
- To give a gift or gifts to; bestow or present with gifts.
- To give as a gift.
- To surround or enclose
- An Afro-Asiatic language spoken in southeastern Chad.
- An instance of something being bitten.
- Causing a stinging sensation.
- Cutting or incisive.
- Tending to bite.
- any of many plant diseases causing damage to, or the death of, leaves, fruit or other parts
- the bacterium, virus or fungus that causes such a condition
- anything that impedes growth or development or spoils any other aspect of life
- To affect with blight; to blast; to prevent the growth and fertility of.
- To suffer blight.
- to spoil or ruin (something)
- A small patch of boggy ground.
- A kind of supernatural being.
- (in plural; also water-bougets) A charge resembling the water bags that were used to supply the army in battle.
- A bend; flexure; curve; a hollow angle.
- A bend or hollow in a human or animal body.
- A curve or bend in a river, mountain chain, or other geographical feature.
- The part of a sling that contains the stone.
- A fold, bend, or coil in a tail, snake's body etc.
- A cord of great toughness made from the intestines of animals, especially of sheep, used for strings of musical instruments, etc.
- The material from which such cords are made.
- A sort of linen or canvas, with wide interstices.
- Of the method of being out in which the striker hits the ball and a fielder catches it.
- Reasonable and convincing; based on evidence.
- Appealing to the intellect or powers of reasoning.
- Forcefully persuasive; relevant, pertinent.
- To taste carefully to fully appreciate it.
- To savour
- To distribute or arrange methodically; to work over and classify; to reduce to portions for ready use or application.
- To separate (the food) in its passage through the alimentary canal into the nutritive and nonnutritive elements; to prepare, by the action of the digestive juices, for conversion into blood; to convert into chyme.
- To think over and arrange methodically in the mind; to reduce to a plan or method; to receive in the mind and consider carefully; to get an understanding of; to comprehend.
- To bear comfortably or patiently; to be reconciled to; to brook.
- To expose to a gentle heat in a boiler or matrass, as a preparation for chemical operations.
- To undergo digestion.
- To suppurate; to generate pus, as an ulcer.
- To cause to suppurate, or generate pus, as an ulcer or wound.
- To ripen; to mature.
- To quieten or reduce (a negative feeling, such as anger or grief)
- That which is digested; especially, that which is worked over, classified, and arranged under proper heads or titles
- A compilation of statutes or decisions analytically arranged; a summary of laws.
- Any collection of articles, as an Internet mailing list "digest" including a week's postings, or a magazine arranging a collection of writings.
- The result of applying a hash function to a message.
- A bilingual inscription, book, or person.
- The office or dignity of a doge.
- Decline in judgment and other cognitive functions, associated with aging; senility.
- Fondness or attentiveness, especially to an excessive degree.
- Foolish utterance(s); drivel.
- Characterized by giving love and affection.
- Excessive fondness; reverence.
- manhood, virtue
- the age of manhood, maturity
- virility, manly power or strength; excellence
- men, people
- a company, army, retinue
- name derived from the surname.
- A village/town in Illinois.
- A city/town in Kansas.
- A village in Nebraska.
- A city/village in North Dakota.
- The immature young of an eagle; an eagle chick.
- Edible growth of grass for horses and cattle, especially that of aftermath.
- Suitable to be eaten without being cooked.
- The act of ingesting food.
- Food; cooking, cuisine.
- The act of corroding or consuming some substance.
- The waste which is carried out from a cell or an organism; the excrement.
- A posset made of eggs, brandy, sugar, and ale.
- existence as an individual; selfness
- A kind of sour cherry.
- The ordinal form of the number eight.
- The person or thing in the eighth position.
- One of eight equal parts of a whole.
- An eighth of an ounce, or approximately 3.5 grams, of marijuana or other drugs.
- A judicial writ ordering seizure of a debtor's property.
- To girt; to surround or encircle.
- Encircled, surrounded.
- To swallow; to swallow up, engulf.
- To glut, satiate.
- A homosexual man, especially an effeminate one.
- An annoying or inconsiderate person.
- A burning or smouldering piece of firewood.
- A bundle of sticks tied together.
- Burdensome baggage.
- A shrewish woman.
- A meatball made from pork, see w:Faggot (food)
- A faggot voter.
- A quantity of wares, such as raw silk, of approximately one to three hundredweights.
- To wiggle or twitch; to move around nervously or idly.
- To cause to fidget; to make uneasy.
- A person who fidgets, especially habitually.
- fidgety; restless.
- The act of flying.
- An instance of flying.
- A collective term for doves or swallows.
- A trip made by an aircraft, particularly one between two cities or countries, which is often planned or reserved in advance.
- A set of stairs or an escalator. A series of stairs between landings.
- A floor which is reached by stairs or escalators.
- A feather on an arrow or dart used to help it follow an even path.
- A paper plane.
- The movement of a spinning ball through the air - concerns its speed, trajectory and drift.
- The ballistic trajectory of an arrow or other projectile.
- An aerodynamic surface designed to guide such a projectile's trajectory.
- An air force unit.
- Several sample glasses of a specific wine varietal or other beverage. The pours are smaller than a full glass and the flight will generally include three to five different samples.
- The shaped material forming the thread of a screw.
- Fast, swift.
- To throw the ball in such a way that it has more airtime and more spin than usual.
- To throw or kick something so as to send it flying with more loft or airtime than usual.
- The act of fleeing.
- A state of terror excited by the sudden appearance of danger; sudden and violent fear, usually of short duration; a sudden alarm.
- Anything strange, ugly or shocking, producing a feeling of alarm or aversion.
- To frighten.
- frightened; afraid; affright
- A fugal passage in a composition that is not a strict or complete fugue.
- A lighter, or vessel for inland navigation.
- A small gable, or gable-shaped canopy, formed over a tabernacle, niche, etc.
- A thing whose name cannot be remembered; thingamajig, doohickey.
- Any device or machine, especially one whose name cannot be recalled. Often either clever or complicated.
- Any consumer electronics product.
- A sequence of machine code instructions crafted as part of an exploit that attempts to divert execution to a memory location chosen by the attacker.
- The state of being happy or merry.
- Merrymaking or festivity.
- A clumsy or uncouth person.
- Any bird of the genus a tattler.
- A particular life cycle stage in the Apicomplexa.
- Any of three species of large seabird in the genus Morus, of the family Sulidae. They have black and white bodies and long pointed wings, and hunt for fish by plunge diving and pursuing their prey underwater.
- A voracious eater; a glutton.
- A framework of steel bars resting on side supports to bridge over or around something.
- A supporting framework for a barrel.
- A gantry crane or gantry scaffold.
- (medical imaging) A cylindrical scanner assembly in the bore of which the response of bodies or tissues to some specific exposure can be detected for 3D imaging.
- name of Welsh origin; name of a knight in the Arthurian romance.
- The throat.
- An inflammation on a cow's udder.
- A distemper in pigs accompanied by staggering and loss of appetite.
- An attic or semi-finished room just beneath the roof of a house.
- A stick or small wooden cylinder used for tightening a bandage, in order to compress the arteries of a limb.
- A seaduck of the genre Bucephala; a goldeneye.
- A band worn around the leg to hold up a sock or stocking.
- A bendlet.
- to fasten with a garter
- Any mechanical seal that serves to fill the space between two objects, generally to prevent leakage between the two objects while under compression.
- A material which may be clamped between faces and acts as a static seal. Gaskets may be cut, formed, or molded to the desired configuration.
- Any of a wide variety of seals or packings used between matched machine parts or around pipe joints to prevent the escape of a gas or fluid.
- Illuminated by burning gas.
- of or resembling a time, especially the 1890s, when gaslight was widely used
- To collect; normally separate things.
- Especially, to harvest food.
- To accumulate over time, to amass little by little.
- To congregate, or assemble.
- To grow gradually larger by accretion.
- To bring parts of a whole closer.
- To add pleats or folds to a piece of cloth, normally to reduce its width.
- To bring stitches closer together.
- To bring together, or nearer together, in masonry, as for example where the width of a fireplace is rapidly diminished to the width of the flue.
- To haul in; to take up.
- To infer or conclude; to know from a different source.
- To be filled with pus
- To collect molten glass on the end of a tool.
- To gain; to win.
- A plait or fold in cloth, made by drawing a thread through it; a pucker.
- The inclination forward of the axle journals to keep the wheels from working outward.
- The soffit or under surface of the masonry required in gathering. See gather (transitive verb).
- A blob of molten glass collected on the end of a blowpipe.
- Of or pertaining to the Gathas.
- An arrangement of gates.
- A snack consisting of a baguette filled with french fries, sauce, and other ingredients.
- Italian style a serving of gelato, often in a
- An variant of made from and sugar, combined with other The ingredients are while to break up ice crystals as they form.
- A retainer; vassal; one who holds lands of a superior either by service or payment of rent.
- A Hindu (as opposed to a Muslim) in Mughal-era India.
- The gentoo penguin (Pygoscelis papua), a species of penguin.
- The Telugu language.
- Belonging to earth; terrestrial.
- Accompanied with gestures; conveyed by gesture.
- Pertaining to deeds or feats of arms; legendary.
- Relating to bodily motion; consisting of gestures.
- a manager of another's affairs.
- ghost (especially a non-frightening one)
- An upright post with a crosspiece used for execution and subsequent public display; a gallows.
- The projecting arm of a crane, from which the load is suspended; the jib.
- Human form structure made of iron bands designed to publicly display the corpse of an executed criminal.
- To execute (someone), or display (a body), on a gibbet.
- To expose (someone) to ridicule or scorn.
- the edible viscera of a bird
- Endowed with special, in particular intellectual, abilities.
- A strumpet; a wanton girl.
- giddy; inconstant; wanton
- A small screw-tipped tool for boring holes.
- A cocktail, usually made with gin and lime juice.
- To pierce or bore holes (as if using a gimlet).
- ichorous; thin; limpid
- A problem affecting function; a bug; an imperfection; a quirk
- A bug or an exploit.
- A genre of experimental electronic music of the 1990s, characterized by a deliberate use of sonic artifacts that would normally be viewed as unwanted noise.
- A signal which does not remain active for a full clock period.<ref >Microchip, "Application Notes", #1451-A, http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/01451A.pdf
- To experience an intermittent, unexpected, malfunction
- To perform an exploit or recreate a bug while playing a video game.
- Tasteless and showy.
- To swallow.
- A mouthful.
- Containing gnats.
- A beard trimmed to grow only at the center of the chin.
- Having the characteristics of a goat.
- a quantity of liquid, often in a sticky blotch
- a lump or chunk of something, especially of raw meat
- an extract of text, or image (especially a quotation), provided as a context for analysis, translation or discussion in an examination.
- To splash with small quantities of liquid; to spatter.
- To swallow greedily; to swallow in gobbets.
- A drinking vessel with a foot and stem.
- Any of four species of long-billed, migratory wading birds in the genus Limosa, of the family Scolopacidae.
- Pertaining to black magic or necromancy.
- A jar or vase of porous pottery for keeping water cool by evaporation.
- An enlargement of the front and sides of the neck caused by inflammation of the thyroid gland.
- A black, fibrous substance resembling horsehair, obtained from the leafstalks of two palms, and Arenga pinnata (syn. of the Indian islands, and used for making cordage.
- A piece of armour for the throat.
- A type of women's clothing covering the neck and breast; a wimple.
- An ornament for the neck; a necklace, ornamental collar, torque etc.
- A cutting instrument used in lithotomy.
- A grooved instrument used in performing various operations; called also blunt gorget.
- A crescent-shaped coloured patch on the neck of a bird or mammal.
- A pygmy goose of the genus
- Nickname for New York City.
- A village in Nottinghamshire, England, associated in folklore with insanity.
- obtained, acquired
- To make ready; prepare; put in order; make fit for use.
- To dress (someone or oneself) or be dressed.
- Preparation; arrangement; condition.
- Accoutrements: clothes, materials, equipment, furniture, etc.
- Produced by grating.
- Furnished with a grate or grating.
- The top crust of a dish, consisting of breadcrumbs or grated cheese heated under a grill; the dish itself.
- Greetings sent to other demosceners, often included in the scrolltext of a demo.
- name of origin, diminutive of Margarete.
- A fictional character in the German fairy tale Hansel and Gretel.
- a small town in Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland, to the south of the more famous village of Gretna Green.
- an unincorporated urban community in Manitoba, Canada, on the border with North Dakota, USA.
- a small township in Tasmania, Australia.
- a small city in Florida, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Kansas, USA.
- a city in Louisiana, USA, and parish seat of
- a city in Nebraska, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Ohio, USA.
- a town in Virginia, USA.
- Containing sand or grit; consisting of grit; caused by grit; full of hard particles.
- Spirited; resolute; unyielding.
- Intense and starkly realistic, especially if violent.
- An Old World monkey, with long white tufts of hair along the sides of the face.
- A small cave.
- An artificial cavern-like retreat.
- A Marian shrine, usually built in a cavern-like structure.
- A local organization of cavers that typically organizes trips to caves and provides information and training for caving; a caving club.
- A secretive name for a local group of underground Satanists.
- unpleasant, dirty, slovenly or offensive
- Full of grout(s), that is, sediment.
- Angry or surly, sulky.
- Lowering; threatening to rain or storm.
- Turbid as with liquor.
- An increase in size, number, value, or strength.
- The act of growing, getting bigger or higher.
- Something that grows or has grown.
- An abnormal mass such as a tumor.
- To murmur, complain.
- A complaint.
- Responsible for a dishonest act.
- Judged to have committed a crime.
- Having a sense of guilt.
- A plea by a defendant who does not contest a charge.
- A verdict of a judge or jury on a defendant judged to have committed a crime.
- One who is declared guilty of a crime.
- A stringed musical instrument, of European origin, usually with a fretted fingerboard and six strings, played with the fingers or a plectrum (guitar pick).
- Any type of musical instrument of the lute family, characterized by a flat back, along with a neck whose upper surface is in the same plane as the soundboard, with strings along the neck and parallel to the soundboard.
- To play the guitar.
- The throat or esophagus.
- The cytopharynx of a ciliate, through which food is ingested.
- The space between the teeth of a saw blade.
- A channel for water.
- A preparatory cut or channel in excavations, of sufficient width for the passage of earth wagons.
- A form of shotcrete in which a dry cementitious mixture is blown through a hose to the nozzle, with water injected only at the point of application.
- A pickaxe with one sharp point and one cutting edge.
- A small piece of cloth inserted in a garment, for the purpose of strengthening some part or giving it a tapering enlargement.
- A small piece of mail, providing some protection where two plates of armor are joined, usually at the elbows, under the shoulders, and behind the knees.
- A kind of bracket, or angular piece of iron, fastened in the angles of a structure to give strength or stiffness; especially, the part joining the barrel and the fire box of a locomotive boiler.
- An abatement or mark of dishonor in a coat of arms, resembling a gusset.
- (roofing) A large flat metal piece wider than the valley to help prevent build-up at the base of the valley, either from debris or ice dam formations.
- With the most important parts destroyed (often by fire), removed or rendered useless.
- Having a gut or guts.
- Deeply disappointed; annoyed; down.
- A prepared channel in a surface, especially at the side of a road adjacent to a curb, intended for the drainage of water.
- A ditch along the side of a road.
- A duct or channel beneath the eaves of a building to carry rain water; eavestrough.
- A groove down the sides of a bowling lane.
- A large groove (commonly behind animals) in a barn used for the collection and removal of animal excrement.
- Any narrow channel or groove, such as one formed by erosion in the vent of a gun from repeated firing.
- A space between printed columns of text.
- An unprinted space between rows of stamps.
- A drainage channel.
- The notional locus of things, acts, or events which are distasteful, ill bred or morally questionable.
- A low, vulgar state.
- To flow or stream; to form gutters.
- To melt away by having the molten wax run down along the side of the candle.
- To flicker as if about to be extinguished.
- To send (a bowling ball) into the gutter, not hitting any pins.
- To supply with a gutter or gutters.
- To cut or form into small longitudinal hollows; to channel.
- One who or that which guts.
- A golf ball made from gutta-percha.
- To put into the gut; to eat voraciously; to swallow greedily; to gorge, gormandize.
- To swallow.
- To make a bubbling sound
- To remove the guts from; eviscerate
- To revolve round a central point; to move spirally about an axis, as a tornado; to revolve.
- Having coils or convolutions
- A mud formed from the partial decay of peat.
- An arquebus, a firearm with a long barrel.
- The pignut or hickory ( of family Juglandaceae).
- a tuberous plant of the Apiaceae.
- Bunium bulbocastanum (black cumin) of the Apiaceae.
- Certain particularly (syn. of the Fabaceae.
- of the Lamiaceae.
- to set fire to (something), to light (something)
- to spark off (something), to trigger
- to commence burning.
- To subject to the action of intense heat; to heat strongly; often said of incombustible or infusible substances.
- One who is unknown.
- A member of any of several Austronesian ethnic groups in the Philippines, inhabiting the mountains of Luzon.
- entrance; ingress
- The aperture in a mould for pouring in the metal; the gate.
- To take into the body, as for digestion.
- surrounded, encircled
- To encircle.
- A leg (of meat, regarded as food); a gigot of beef or lamb or other meat.
- To gad; to move from one place to another in a (seemingly) flippant or idle manner.
- The act of writing a check on an account with insufficient funds, expecting that funds will become available by the time the check clears.
- One skilled in the law.
- A writer on law, a legislator, a lawmaker
- A decorative band worn on the leg.
- The distance measured along the longest dimension of an object.
- The length of a horse, used to indicate the distance between horses at the end of a race.
- Distance between the two ends of a line segment.
- The distance down the pitch that the ball bounces on its way to the batsman.
- Total extent.
- Part of something that is long; a physical piece of something.
- To lengthen.
- The lungs, now only of an animal (being lighter than adjacent parts).
- A linget or ingot.
- A mould for casting metals.
- A small log or piece of wood.
- An old game in England, played by throwing pieces of wood at a stake set in the ground.
- lute (a kind of sticky clay or cement)
- A soft, legless larva of a fly or other dipterous insect, that often eats decomposing organic matter.
- A worthless person.
- A whimsy or fancy.
- A fan of the American metal band
- Fitting into or onto a corresponding part, as a matched plug and socket.
- Pairing of organisms for copulation.
- Measurement, especially of coal.
- A fee paid for a measurement.
Possible word length