Page 2 from 194
Total results: 200826
- of and ethylenediaminetetraacetate
- First of all, before (some other specified thing).
- Sooner (than); before.
- Formerly, once, erstwhile.
- To cut into a surface with an acid or other corrosive substance in order to make a pattern. Best known as a technique for creating printing plates, but also used for decoration on metal, and, in modern industry, to make circuit boards.
- To engrave a surface.
- To make a lasting impression.
- To sketch; to delineate.
- The fungicide ethylenethiuram monosulfide.
- A little island, especially in a river or lake.
- To emit digestive gases from the anus; to flatulate.
- To waste time with idle and inconsequential tasks; to go about one's activities in a lackadaisical manner; to be lazy or over-relaxed in one's manner or bearing.
- An emission of digestive gases from the anus; a flatus.
- An irritating person; a fool.
- (usually as "old fart") An elderly person; especially one perceived to hold old-fashioned views.
- Fact; performance; feat.
- Having no variations in height.
- Without variations in pitch.
- Describing certain features, usually the breasts and/or buttocks, that are extremely small or not visible at all.
- Lowered by one semitone.
- Of a note or voice, lower in pitch than it should be.
- Deflated, especially because of a puncture.
- Of a carbonated drink, with all or most of its carbon dioxide having come out of solution so that the drink no longer fizzes or contains any bubbles.
- Lacking acidity without being sweet.
- Unable to emit power; dead.
- Without spin; spinless.
- Lacking liveliness of commercial exchange and dealings; depressed; dull.
- Absolute; downright; peremptory.
- sonant; vocal, as distinguished from a sharp (non-sonant) consonant
- Not having an inflectional ending or sign, such as a noun used as an adjective, or an adjective as an adverb, without the addition of a formative suffix, or an infinitive without the sign "to".
- Having a head at a very obtuse angle to the shaft.
- Flattening at the ends.
- So as to be flat.
- Not exceeding.
- Directly; flatly.
- Without allowance for accrued interest.
- An area of level ground.
- A note played a semitone lower than a natural, denoted by the symbol ♭ sign placed after the letter representing the note (e.g., B♭) or in front of the note symbol (e.g. ♭♪).
- A flat tyre/tire.
- A type of ladies' shoes with very low heels.
- A type of flat-soled running shoe without spikes.
- A thin, broad brush used in oil and watercolor/watercolour painting.
- The flat part of something:
- The flat side of a blade, as opposed to the sharp edge.
- The palm of the hand, with the adjacent part of the fingers.
- A wide, shallow container.
- A large mail piece measuring at least 8 1/2 by 11 inches, such as catalogs, magazines, and unfolded paper enclosed in large envelopes.
- A subset of n-dimensional space that is congruent to a Euclidean space of lower dimension.
- A flat-bottomed boat, without keel, and of small draught.
- A straw hat, broad-brimmed and low-crowned.
- A railroad car without a roof, and whose body is a platform without sides; a platform car or flatcar.
- A platform on a wheel, upon which emblematic designs etc. are carried in processions.
- A horizontal vein or ore deposit auxiliary to a main vein; also, any horizontal portion of a vein not elsewhere horizontal.
- A dull fellow; a simpleton.
- A rectangular wooden structure covered with masonite, lauan, or muslin that depicts a building or other part of a scene, also called backcloth and backdrop.
- To make a flat call; to call without raising.
- To become flat or flattened; to sink or fall to an even surface.
- To fall from the pitch.
- To depress in tone, as a musical note; especially, to lower in pitch by half a tone.
- To make flat; to flatten; to level.
- To render dull, insipid, or spiritless; to depress.
- An apartment, usually on one level and usually consisting of more than one room.
- A fluttering or darting movement.
- A particular, unexpected, short lived change of state.
- A homosexual.
- To move about rapidly and nimbly.
- To move quickly from one location to another.
- To unpredictably change state for short periods of time.
- To move house (sometimes a sudden move to avoid debts).
- To be unstable; to be easily or often moved.
- Fast, nimble.
- The town of Fontainebleau
- Shortened form for fraternity, college organization. (Often used as a noun modifier.)
- A fused mixture of materials used to make glass
- Similar methods used in the manufacture of ceramic beads and small ornaments.
- To add frit to a glass or ceramic mixture
- To prepare by heat (the materials for making glass); to fuse partially.
- To rub one's genitals – usually the penis – against another person for sexual gratification.
- To rub, chafe.
- To work leather by rubbing.
- A sexual act in which two males rub each other's penises.
- An old Russian unit of weight, approximately 410 grams.
- An objectionable woman
- To be frivolous and waste time
- To experiment by trial and error
- Manner of walking or stepping; bearing or carriage while moving.
- One of the different ways in which a horse can move, either naturally or as a result of training.
- To teach a specific gait to a horse.
- A lunatic.
- Gilding; gilt.
- A gelding.
- tribute; tax
- Money, especially that given as a gift on Hanukkah or used in games of dreidel.
- Chocolate candy in the shape of coins, usually wrapped in metallic foil, usually eaten on Hanukkah and often used for games of dreidel.
- Gold or other metal in a thin layer; gilding.
- A security issued by the Bank of England (see gilt-edged)
- Golden coloured.
- A young female pig, at or nearing the age of first breeding.
- A horizontal structural member of post and beam architecture, typically attached to bridge two or more vertical members such as corner posts.
- To gird.
- To bind horizontally, as with a belt or girdle.
- To measure the girth of.
- Bound by a cable; used of a vessel so moored by two anchors that she swings against one of the cables by force of the current or tide.
- A clue.
- A tacit suggestion that avoids a direct statement.
- A small, barely detectable amount of.
- Information in a computer-based font that suggests how the outlines of the font's glyphs should be distorted in order to produce, at specific sizes, a visually appealing pixel-based rendering. Also known as hinting.
- An opportunity; occasion; fit time.
- To suggest tacitly without a direct statement; to provide a clue.
- To bring to mind by a slight mention or remote allusion; to suggest in an indirect manner.
- To develop and add hints to a font.
- To play the fool; to behave thoughtlessly and frivolously.
- To leap; to caper; to romp noisily.
- A condition of physical attraction toward (for) someone.
- for someone who lived high, or on a hill.
- A city in Kansas.
- A community in New Brunswick, Canada.
- The Inca God of the Sun
- A sensation felt on an area of the skin that causes a person or animal to want to scratch.
- A desire or want.
- To feel itchy; to feel a need to be scratched.
- To want or desire.
- To cause to feel an itch.
- To scratch or rub so as to relieve an itch.
- The International Telecommunications Satellite Organization
- The Integrated Transport Smartcard Organisation
- Very small; itty
- Junction field effect transistor.
- To push or shake abruptly and roughly.
- To knock sharply
- To shock (someone) into taking action or being alert
- To shock emotionally.
- To shake; to move with a series of jerks.
- An act of jolting.
- A surprise or shock.
- A long prison sentence.
- A narcotic injection.
- third person singular of jut
- A serf on the Balkan peninsula, especially one holding land under the estate system introduced by the Ottomans and retained in some areas by Austria-Hungary.
- To turn thread or yarn into a piece of fabric by forming loops that are pulled through each other. This can be done by hand with needles or by machine.
- To join closely and firmly together.
- To become closely and firmly joined; become compacted.
- To grow together.
- To combine from various elements.
- Of bones: to heal following a fracture.
- To form into a knot, or into knots; to tie together, as cord; to fasten by tying.
- To draw together; to contract into wrinkles.
- A knitted garment.
- an artificial watercourse, canal or aqueduct, but especially a millrace
- To do something rhythmically, with animation and quickness, usually of music.
- To sing cheerfully, especially in Gaelic.
- To utter with spirit, animation, or gaiety; to sing with spirit and liveliness.
- Animated, brisk motion; spirited rhythm; sprightliness.
- A lively song or dance; a cheerful tune.
- A cheerful or melodious accent when speaking.
- A troublemaker, often violent; a rude violent person; a yob.
- A clownish, awkward fellow; a bumpkin.
- To treat as a lout or fool; to neglect; to disappoint.
- To bend, bow, stoop.
- A native house servant in India.
- The spleen, especially of an animal bred for food.
- Fish semen.
- To impregnate (the roe of a fish) with milt.
- A usually nocturnal insect of the order Lepidoptera, distinguished from butterflies by feather-like antennae.
- Anything that gradually and silently eats, consumes, or wastes any other thing.
- To hunt for moths.
- The plant
- A liver spot, especially an irregular or feathery one.
- To do with certainty; definition.
- To do as a requirement; definition.
- Something that is mandatory or required.
- The property of being stale or musty.
- Something that exhibits the property of being stale or musty.
- Fruit juice that will ferment or has fermented, usually grapes.
- To make musty.
- To become musty.
- A time during which male elephants exhibit increased levels of sexual activity and aggressiveness
- An elephant in this sexual and aggressive state.
- A traditional story which embodies a belief regarding some fact or phenomenon of experience, and in which often the forces of nature and of the soul are personified; a sacred narrative regarding a god, a hero, the origin of the world or of a people, etc.
- Such stories as a genre.
- A commonly-held but false belief, a common misconception; a fictitious or imaginary person or thing; a popular conception about a real person or event which exaggerates or idealizes reality.
- A person or thing held in excessive or quasi-religious awe or admiration based on popular legend
- A person or thing existing only in imagination, or whose actual existence is not verifiable.
- A bull or cow.
- Cattle collectively.
- Vegetarian or Vegan meat
- Clean, tidy; free from dirt or impurities.
- Free from contaminants; unadulterated, undiluted. Particularly of liquor and cocktails; see usage below.
- Conditions with a liquid reagent or gas performed with no standard solvent or cosolvent.
- With all deductions or allowances made; net.
- Having a simple elegance or style; clean, trim, tidy, tasteful.
- Well-executed or delivered; clever, skillful, precise.
- Good, excellent, desirable.
- An artificial intelligence researcher who believes that solutions should be elegant, clear and provably correct. Compare
- Nasal irrigation performed using a neti pot as part of Hatha yoga.
- A small lizard-like amphibian in the family Salamandridae that lives in the water as an adult.
- Following in a sequence.
- Being closer to the present location than all other items.
- Nearest following (of date, time, space or order).
- Following in a hypothetical sequence of some kind.
- The one immediately following the current or most recent one
- Closest to seven days (one week) in the future.
- In a time, place or sequence closest or following.
- On the first subsequent occasion,
- On the side of; next to.
- The one that follows after this one.
- Naught, nothing.
- Naught, nothing.
- Naught, nothing.
- An ox.
- A herd of cattle.
- A dumb, crass, or clumsy person, or a person who is difficult or stubborn.
- A Russian no; a negative response.
- a kiln for drying tobacco, malt and especially hops
- A solemn pledge or promise to a god, king, or another person, to attest to the truth of a statement or contract
- The affirmed statement or promise accepted as equivalent to an oath.
- A light or insulting use of a solemn pledge or promise to a god, king or another person, to attest to the truth of a statement or contract the name of a deity in a profanity, as in swearing oaths.
- A curse.
- An affirmation of the truth of a statement.
- to pledge
- A mass of oat plants (genus Avena, especially Avena sativa).
- Seeds of an oat plant, especially prepared as food.
- Containing oats.
- Resembling oats.
- obedient, at one time used in correspondence.
- Death of a person.
- A mass or other service held for the soul of a dead person.
- A record of a person's death.
- An obituary.
- One eighth of the total area of the celestial dome; used as a measure of cloudiness (one okta means that one eighth of the sky is obscured, two oktas that one quarter is obscured, and so on).
- An agreement; a compact; a covenant.
- An agreement between two or more nations
- A member of an ancient people of northern and central Scotland.
- The soft, spongy substance in the center of the stems of many plants and trees.
- The spongy interior substance of a feather.
- The spinal cord; the marrow.
- The albedo of a citrus fruit.
- The essential or vital part.
- To extract the pith from (a plant stem or tree).
- To kill (especially cattle or laboratory animals) by cutting or piercing the spinal cord.
- A feeling of sympathy at the misfortune or suffering of someone or something.
- Something regrettable.
- To feel pity for (someone or something).
- To make (someone) feel pity; to provoke the sympathy or compassion of.
- A hard knock.
- A pestle.
- To fart.
- A fart, perhaps a relatively quiet one.
- A god of creativity and craftsmen, sometimes also identified with gods of death and the birth of the sun.
- A flat structure made of planks, barrels etc., that floats on water, and is used for transport, emergencies or a platform for swimmers.
- A flat-bottomed inflatable craft for floating or drifting on water.
- A thick crowd of seabirds or sea mammals.
- A collection of logs, fallen trees, etc. which obstructs navigation in a river.
- to convey on a raft
- to make into a raft
- to travel by raft
- A large (but unspecified) number, a lot.
- A criticism done by ranting.
- A wild, emotional, and sometimes incoherent articulation.
- A type of dance step usually performed in clogs, and particularly (but not exclusively) associated with the English North West Morris tradition. The rant step consists of alternately bringing one foot across and in front of the other and striking the ground, with the other foot making a little hop.
- To speak or shout at length in an uncontrollable anger.
- To criticize by ranting.
- To dance rant steps.
- Snatched, taken away; abducted.
- Lifted up into the air; transported into heaven.
- Very interested, involved in something, absorbed, transfixed; fascinated or engrossed.
- Enthusiatic; ecstatic, elated, happy.
- To transport or ravish.
- To carry away by force.
- An ecstasy; a trance.
- A chasm or fissure.
- A break in the clouds, fog, mist etc., which allows light through.
- A shallow place in a stream; a ford.
- To form a rift.
- To cleave; to rive; to split.
- To belch.
- Wanton or unrestrained behavior; uproar; tumult.
- The tumultuous disturbance of the public peace by an unlawful assembly of three or more persons in the execution of some private object.
- Excessive and expensive feasting; wild and loose festivity; revelry.
- A large variety of something
- To create or take part in a riot; to raise an uproar or sedition.
- To act in an unrestrained or wanton manner; to indulge in excess of luxury, feasting, etc.
- A display of ostentatious elegance.
- To make a noise; roar; bellow; snort.
- To snore; snore loudly.
- To belch.
- To howl as the wind; make a roaring noise.
- A noise; a loud noise; a bellowing; a shouting; clamor; an uproar; disturbance; tumult.
- To beat; strike; assail with blows.
- A violent movement; a great or violent stir; a heavy blow; a stunning blow; a stroke.
- A troop or group, especially of a traveling company or throng.
- A disorderly and tumultuous crowd; a mob; hence, the rabble; the herd of common people.
- The state of being disorganized and thrown into confusion, especially when retreating from a fight.
- The act of defeating and breaking up an army or another opponent.
- A disturbance of the peace by persons assembled together with the intent to do a thing which, if executed, would make them rioters, and actually making a motion toward the executing thereof.
- A fashionable assembly, or large evening party.
- To defeat completely, forcing into disorderly retreat.
- To retreat from a confrontation in disorder.
- To assemble in a crowd, whether orderly or disorderly; to collect in company.
- To search or root in the ground, like a pig.
- To scoop out with a gouge or other tool; to furrow.
- To use a router in woodworking.
- form of To make a loud noise.
- form of A loud noise.
- The smallest animal of a litter.
- The smallest child in the family, as in "the runt of the family".
- Undersized or stunted plant, animal or person.
- An Ethernet packet that does not meet the medium's minimum packet size of 64 bytes.
- A single word (or portion of a hyphenated word) that appears as the last line of a paragraph.
- A breed of pigeon related to the carrier pigeon.
- A hardened stem or stalk of a plant.
- A farmer or tiller of the soil.
- A style of urban popular music associated mainly with Kuwait and Bahrain.
- A tax; tribute.
- A land-tax paid in the Shetland Islands.
- Animal excrement; dung.
- A brisk shower of rain, driven by the wind.
- Scat singing.
- To sing an improvised melodic solo using nonsense syllables, often onomatopoeic or imitative of musical instruments.
- To leave quickly (often used in the imperative).
- An imperative demand, often understood by speaker and listener as impertinent.
- Solid excretory product evacuated from the bowels; feces.
- (the shits) diarrhea.
- An instance of defecation.
- Rubbish; worthless matter.
- Stuff, things.
- (the shit) The best of its kind.
- Nonsense; bullshit.
- A nasty, despicable person, used particularly of men.
- (in negations) Anything.
- A problem or difficult situation.
- A strong rebuke.
- any recreational drug, usually cannabis.
- Of poor quality; worthless.
- Nasty; despicable.
- Resembling the color of
- To defecate.
- To excrete (something) through the anus.
- To fool or try to fool someone; to be deceitful.
- To annoy.
- Worn out or broken.
- Woven from warp and weft strands of different colours, resulting in an iridescent appearance.
- Tired, weary.
- Discharged, cleared, or rid of something.
- The result of launching a projectile or bullet.
- The act of launching a ball or similar object toward a goal.
- The heavy iron ball used for the shot put.
- Small metal balls used as ammunition.
- Metal balls (or similar) used as ammunition; not necessarily small.
- Someone who shoots (a gun) regularly
- An opportunity or attempt.
- A remark or comment, especially one which is critical or insulting.
- A punch or other physical blow.
- A measure of alcohol, usually spirits, as taken either from a shot-glass or directly from the bottle, equivalent to about 44 milliliters; 1.5 ounces. ("pony shot"= 30 milliliters; 1 fluid ounce)
- A single serving of espresso.
- A single unbroken sequence of photographic film exposures, or the digital equivalent; an unedited sequence of frames.
- A vaccination or injection.
- A home run that scores one, two, or three runs (a four run home run is usually referred to as a grand slam).
- Written documentation of a behavior infraction.
- A cast of one or more nets.
- A place or spot for setting nets.
- A single draft or catch of fish made.
- To load (a gun) with shot.
- A charge to be paid, a scot or shout.
- To close, to stop from being open.
- To close, to stop being open.
- To close a business temporarily, or (of a business) to be closed.
- To preclude; to exclude; to bar out.
- The act or time of shutting; close.
- A door or cover; a shutter.
- The line or place where two pieces of metal are welded together.
- A narrow alley or passage acting as a short cut through the buildings between two streets.
- To sieve or strain (something).
- To separate or scatter (things) as if by sieving.
- To examine (something) carefully.
- A sexually promiscuous woman.
- A narrow cut or opening; a slot.
- The opening of the vagina.
- A woman, usually a sexually loose woman; a prostitute.
- To cut a narrow opening.
- To split in two parts.
- To cut; to sever; to divide.
- Having a cut narrow opening
- of: a de-facto standard for email transmission.
- A flake of ash or soot.
- Sexually vulgar material; something that is sexual in a dirty way; pornographic material.
- Obscene language; ribaldry; obscenity.
- A promiscuous woman.
- Any of a range of fungi, mostly Ustilaginomycetes, that cause plant disease in grasses, including cereal crops; the disease so caused.
- Bad, soft coal containing earthy matter, found in the immediate locality of faults.
- To stain (or be stained) with soot etc.
- To gather smut; to be converted into smut; to become smutted.
- To taint (grain, etc.) with the smut fungus.
- To clear of the smut fungus.
- To clear of mucus; to blow (one's nose).
- The fat of a deer.
- Fine black or dull brown particles of amorphous carbon and tar, produced by the incomplete combustion of coal, oil etc.
- To cover or dress with soot.
- slow-scan television: a technique for transmitting pictures over radio
- An adult male deer.
- A colt, or filly.
- A romping girl.
- An improperly or late castrated bull or ram – also called a bull seg (see note under ox).
- An outside irregular dealer in stocks, who is not a member of the exchange.
- One who applies for the allotment of shares in new projects, with a view to sell immediately at a premium, and not to hold the stock.
- The Eurasian wren, Troglodytes troglodytes.
- An unmarried male, a bachelor; a male not accompanying a female at a social event.
- A social event for males held in honor of a groom on the eve of his wedding, attended by male friends of the groom, sometimes a fund-raiser.
- A stag beetle (family
- To act as a "stag", an irregular dealer in stocks.
- To watch; to dog, or keep track of.
- Of a man, attending a formal social function without a date.
- To be fixed or set; to stay.
- The act of marking previously edited material "stet" to indicate that something previously marked for change should remain as is.
- In Ancient Greece, a walkway with a roof supported by colonnades, often with a wall on one side; specifically, the Great Hall in Athens.
- A stick, twig or peg, especially in roofing or matting.
- Regional variant of stab.
- To roof with stob-thatch, to make mats with a stob tool.
- Something blunted, stunted, or cut short, such as stubble or a stump.
- A piece of certain paper items, designed to be torn off and kept for record or identification purposes.
- A placeholder procedure that has the signature of the planned procedure but does not yet implement the intended behavior. (, , ).
- A procedure that translates requests from external systems into a format suitable for processing and then submits those requests for processing. (, , )
- A page providing only minimal information and intended for later development.
- The remaining part of the docked tail of a dog
- An unequal first or last interest calculation period, as a part of a financial swap contract
- A log; a block; a blockhead.
- A pen with a short, blunt nib.
- A stub nail; an old horseshoe nail; also, stub iron.
- The smallest remainder of a smoked cigarette; a butt.
- To remove most of a tree, bush, or other rooted plant by cutting it close to the ground.
- To remove a plant by pulling it out by the roots.
- To jam, hit, or bump, especially a toe.
- A male animal, especially a stud horse (stallion), kept for breeding.
- A female animal, especially a studmare (broodmare), kept for breeding.
- A group of such animals.
- An animal (usually livestock) that has been registered and is retained for breeding.
- A place, such as a ranch, where such animals are kept.
- A sexually attractive male; also a lover in great demand.
- A small object that protrudes from something; an ornamental knob.
- A small round earring.
- A vertical post, especially one of the small uprights in the framing for lath and plaster partitions, and furring, and upon which the laths are nailed.
- A stem; a trunk.
- A type of poker where an individual cannot throw cards away and some of her cards are exposed (also stud poker).
- A short rod or pin, fixed in and projecting from something, and sometimes forming a journal.
- A stud bolt.
- An iron brace across the shorter diameter of the link of a chain cable.
- To set with studs; to furnish with studs.
- To be scattered over the surface of (something) at intervals.
- To set (something) over a surface at intervals.
- Unfermented grape juice; must.
- Wine revived by new fermentation, resulting from the admixture of must.
- to ferment
- to renew (wine etc.) by mixing must with it and raising a new fermentation
- To incapacitate; especially by inducing disorientation or unconsciousness.
- To shock or surprise.
- To hit the cue ball so that it slides without topspin or backspin (and with or without sidespin) and continues at a natural angle after contact with the object ball
- The condition of being stunned.
- A person who is deemed to be unintelligent.
- The effect on the cue ball where the ball is hit without topspin, backspin or sidespin.
- To support, prop up.
- A support.
- To stutter.
- A bacterial infection in the eyelash or eyelid.
- The river, in Hades, over which the souls of the dead are ferried by Charon.
- The 5th moon of Pluto, discovered in 2012.
- A kind of elevated flatland in Russia and Central Asia.
- A quicksand or bog.
- A Mexican snack food; a small tortilla with some rice, beans, cheese, diced vegetables (usually tomatoes and lettuce, as served in the United States) and salsa.
- the vulva. also called pink taco
- A yellow stain on shirt armpit caused by sweat or deodorant.
- The sense of touch; feeling.
- The stroke in beating time.
- Sensitive mental touch; special skill or faculty; nice perception or discernment; ready power of appreciating and doing what is required by circumstances.
- The ability to deal with embarrassing situations carefully and without doing or saying anything that will annoy or upset other people; careful consideration in dealing with others to avoid giving offense; the ability to say the right thing.
- A verbal operant which is controlled by a nonverbal stimulus (such as an object, event, or property of an object) and is maintained by nonspecific social reinforcement (praise).
- To use a tact (a kind of verbal operant; see noun sense).
- Any of three genera of large Asian ungulates belonging to the subfamily Caprinae (goat-antelopes).
- A particular song played at the end of the day, and at military funerals.
- A tarpaulin.
- To cover something with a tarpaulin.
- misspelling of
- To tan, make tawny.
- A tan.
- tricyclic acetone peroxide
- Transaction Capabilities Application Part (SS7)
- To rend (a solid material) by holding or restraining in two places and pulling apart, whether intentionally or not; to destroy or separate.
- To injure as if by pulling apart.
- To cause to lose some kind of unity or coherence.
- To make (an opening) with force or energy.
- To remove by tearing.
- To demolish
- To become torn, especially accidentally.
- To move or act with great speed, energy, or violence.
- To smash or enter something with great force.
- A hole or break caused by tearing.
- A rampage.
- A drop of clear, salty liquid produced from the eyes by crying or irritation.
- Something in the form of a transparent drop of fluid matter; also, a solid, transparent, tear-shaped drop, as of some balsams or resins.
- A partially vitrified bit of clay in glass.
- That which causes or accompanies tears; a lament; a dirge.
- To produce tears.
- To be stocked to overflowing.
- To be prolific; to abound.
- To bring forth young, as an animal; to produce fruit, as a plant; to bear; to be pregnant; to conceive; to multiply.
- To empty.
- To pour (especially with rain)
- To pour, as steel, from a melting pot; to fill, as a mould, with molten metal.
- To think fit.
- A love grass, Eragrostis tef, with small seeds, grown as a cereal and for forage in Ethiopia and parts of Arabia
- The fine grain of this plant
- A sheep in its second year or before its first shearing.
- The wool from such a sheep.
- To kindle; ignite; set on fire; light; inflame; burn.
- To make a tender of; to offer or tender.
- To be likely, or probable to do something, or to have a certain characteristic.
- To look after (e.g. an ill person.)
- To accompany as an assistant or protector; to care for the wants of; to look after; to watch; to guard.
- To wait (upon), as attendants or servants; to serve; to attend.
- To await; to expect.
- To be attentive to; to note carefully; to attend to.
- To manage (an anchored vessel) when the tide turns, to prevent it from entangling the cable when swinging.
- Any of various sea birds of the family Sternidae that are similar to gulls but are smaller and have a forked tail.
- That which consists of, or pertains to, three things or numbers together.
- A lottery prize resulting from the favourable combination of three numbers in the draw.
- threefold; triple; consisting of three; ternate
- The ninth letter of many Semitic alphabets/abjads (Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others).
- Trains Entering Terminal Stations: a failsafe device for stopping trains that are entering a station at the end of a railway line.
- Transcutaneous Energy Transmission System: an experimental subcutaneous device for generating current in heart patients.
- Trivial file transfer protocol; a simple file transfer protocol, like FTP.
Possible word length