Page 1 from 17
Total results: 17275
- of (a technique used to determine amorphous content of a material).
- A type of videotape originally developed by the Japan company JVC.
- virtual reference station
- A type of men's long underwear.
- A smartly dressed person who trades in illicit, black-market or stolen goods.
- A flashy con artist, often homeless, who lives by his wits.
- In Scotland Yard usage, a low and common thief.
- A slacker; one who shirks responsibility.
- slow-scan television: a technique for transmitting pictures over radio
- an exon of NCAM; it is thought to correlate with an inhibition of the neurite outgrowth-promoting properties of this protein
- A Burmese unit of measure for weight, approximately 1.63293 kilograms (3.6 pounds).
- of; a grade of premium cognac.
- An explosive consisting of ammonium nitrate, a derivative of nitrobenzene, chlorated naphthalene, and woodmeal.
- a mountain resort in Switzerland, known as the host to the World Economic Forum
- The underside of a roof that extends beyond the external walls of a building.
- name, possibly derived from the surname Elwes.
- Elvis Presley (1935-1977), a popular American rock-and-roll singer.
- An impersonator of Elvis Presley.
- common in Wales, derived from the given name Evan (or Ifan in
- A severe, chronic infection of ringworm.
- A tile or flagstone cut into a hexagonal shape to produce a honeycomb pattern.
- a ball game, somewhat like tennis, played against a wall
- A pair of fives.
- Itchy, swollen, red areas of the skin which can appear quickly in response to an allergen or due to other conditions.
- A type of traditional fermented Russian beverage with little or no alcohol, made from bread, often flavored with fruit.
- A general term referring to a number of different, usually benign, pigmented, raised or otherwise abnormal lesions of the skin.
- The mast and acorns of the oak; the turn-out.
- The belief held by ovists.
- Someone who believes that the complete embryo is contained preformed within the ovum; a proponent of ovism.
- Pertaining to ovism.
- A city in Russia, administrative centre of Pskov oblast.
- A worshiper of Siva or practicer of Shaivism.
- Rescued from the consequences of sin.
- Shrewd, well-informed and perceptive.
- To understand.
- A kind of borscht made with sorrel (or occasionally lemongrass)
- overgrown with rushes
- The mustard plant or its seed.
- An act of putting the ball or shuttlecock in play in various games.
- A portion of food or drink, a serving.
- To be a formal servant for (a god or deity); to worship in an official capacity.
- To be a servant for; to work for, to be employed by.
- To wait upon (someone) at table; to set food and drink in front of, to help (someone) to food, meals etc.
- To be a servant or worker; to perform the duties of a servant or employee; to render service.
- To set down (food or drink) on the table to be eaten; to bring (food, drink) to a person.
- To treat (someone) in a given manner.
- To be suitor to; to be the lover of.
- To be useful to; to meet the needs of.
- To have a given use or purpose; to function something or to do something.
- To usefully take the place of something else.
- To officially deliver (a legal notice, summons etc.).
- To make legal service upon (a person named in a writ, summons, etc.)
- To lead off with the first delivery over the net in tennis, volleyball, ping pong, badminton etc.
- To copulate with (of male animals); to cover.
- To be in military service.
- To work, to operate (a weapon).
- To work through (a given period of time in prison, a sentence).
- To wind spun yarn etc. tightly around (a rope or cable, etc.) so as to protect it from chafing or from the weather.
- To perform a public obligation.
- A servomechanism or servomotor.
- To control by means of a servocontrol
- A service station, being a place to buy petrol for cars etc., as well as various convenience items, with or without actual car service facilities.
- large freshwater mountain lake in Armenia
- formerly an island in the northwestern part of Lake Sevan in Armenia, which was transformed into a peninsula after the artificial draining during the Soviet era
- To make bald by using a tool such as a razor or pair of electric clippers to cut the hair close to the skin.
- To cut anything in this fashion.
- To remove hair from one's face by this means.
- To cut finely, as with slices of meat.
- To skim along or near the surface of; to pass close to, or touch lightly, in passing.
- To be hard and severe in a bargain with; to practice extortion on; to cheat.
- To buy (a note) at a discount greater than the legal rate of interest, or to deduct in discounting it more than the legal rate allows.
- An instance of shaving.
- A thin slice; a shaving.
- An exorbitant discount on a note.
- A premium paid for an extension of the time of delivery or payment, or for the right to vary a stock contract in any particular.
- A hand tool consisting of a sharp blade with a handle at each end; a spokeshave.
- To push, especially roughly or with force.
- To move off or along by an act of pushing, as with an oar or pole used in a boat; sometimes with off.
- To make an all-in bet.
- To pass (counterfeit money).
- A rough push.
- An all-in bet.
- To cut; split; separate.
- To cut or slice something off; separate by slicing.
- A slice or sliver; slip, chip.
- To sneak; skulk; proceed in a sly way; creep.
- One of a number of narrow strips of wood, or narrow iron plates, placed edge to edge to form the sides, covering, or lining of a vessel or structure; especially, one of the strips which form the sides of a cask, a pail, etc.
- One of the bars or rounds of a rack, rungs of a ladder, etc; one of the cylindrical bars of a lantern wheel
- A metrical portion; a stanza; a staff.
- The five horizontal and parallel lines on and between which musical notes are written or pointed; the staff.
- A staff or walking stick.
- A sign, symbol or sigil, including rune or rune-like characters, used in Icelandic magic.
- To break in the staves of; to break a hole in; to burst. Often with in.
- To push, as with a staff. With off.
- To delay by force or craft; to drive away. Often with off.
- To burst in pieces by striking against something.
- To walk or move rapidly.
- To suffer, or cause to be lost by breaking the cask.
- To furnish with staves or rundles.
- To render impervious or solid by driving with a calking iron.
- A stew.
- The floating dust in a flour mill caused by the operation of grinding.
- To be stifled or suffocated.
- To compress, to cram; to make close and hot; to render stifling.
- A heater, a closed apparatus to burn fuel for the warming of a room.
- A device for heating food, (UK) a cooker.
- A hothouse
- A house or room artificially warmed or heated.
- To heat or dry, as in a stove.
- To keep warm, in a house or room, by artificial heat.
- Charming, confident and elegant.
- Sweet talk.
- To copulate with (a woman).
- To cut a crop in a sweeping or rambling manner, hence to reap; cut for harvest.
- The vagus nerve.
- A homeless person or vagrant.
- Relating to a vessel (of the body)
- A Russian unit of length, equivalent to about 1.07 kilometres or about 2/3 of a mile.
- A small civilian settlement outside a Roman fort.
- A lake in Alaska.
- To give advice to; to offer an opinion, as worthy or expedient to be followed.
- To give information or notice to; to inform or counsel; — with before the thing communicated.
- To consider, to deliberate.
- To look at, watch; to see.
- information; advice; intelligence.
- An advice boat, dispatch boat.
- The channel of a river.
- To put to sleep.
- To stupefy.
- Having a repugnance or opposition of mind.
- Turned away or backward.
- Lying on the opposite side (to or from).
- To turn away.
- The sacred texts of Zoroastrianism, composed in the Avestan language.
- Avestan language.
- A grallatorial bird, of the genus Recurvirostra; the scooper. The bill is long and bend upward toward the tip.
- To tear off forcibly.
- of: cows, bulls, or steers.
- A type of coarse cloth, woven from hemp, useful for making sails and tents or as a surface for paintings.
- A piece of canvas cloth stretched across a frame on which one may paint.
- A basis for creative work.
- A region on which graphics can be rendered.
- sails in general
- A tent.
- A painting, or a picture on canvas.
- A rough draft or model of a song, air, or other literary or musical composition; especially one to show a poet the measure of the verses he is to make.
- To cover an area or object with canvas.
- A Roman key.
- A device for restraint of the hands.
- A glossary.
- A key; an identification guide; a series of logically organized groups of discriminating information which aims to allow the user to correctly identify a taxon.
- A callous growth, especially on the foot; a corn.
- A U-shaped coupling having holes at each end, through which a bolt is run; used especially to fit attachments to a tractor or other vehicle as it allows a degree of rotation about the bolt.
- A neume representing two notes descending.
- Part of the cranium at the skull base, a shallow depression behind the dorsum sellae that slopes obliquely backward.
- A road ascending a slope in Ancient Rome.
- name borne by several prominent people in Frankish/French and Germanic history.
- A US city in central northeastern New Mexico
- A US city in California.
- A particular site that contains evidence of an early Native American culture.
- The bedclothes; collectively, the sheets, blankets, etc.
- The area of the field near cover and extra cover.
- The tarpaulins or other devices used to cover the wicket during rain, in order to prevent it getting wet.
- To divest; to undress.
- To take away, as an authority, title, etc., to deprive; to alienate, as an estate.
- To be taken away, lost, or alienated, as a title or an estate.
- devastated; laid waste
- To undress, disrobe.
- To strip, deprive, or dispossess (someone) of something (such as a right, passion, privilege, or prejudice).
- To sell off or be rid of through sale, especially of a subsidiary
- Pertaining to a dove; dove-like.
- Peaceful, conciliatory.
- Disfavoring increasing interest rates; inclined against increasing interest rates.
- of, or relating to the grammatical case that in some languages indicates existence in a state or capacity
- indicating a temporary state of being.
- the essive case, or a word in that case
- To overthrow or subvert.
- To pull out forcibly.
- an X-linked recessive genetic condition that predisposes a person to hemolysis and resultant jaundice in response to certain triggers.
- Of or pertaining to the disease called favus.
- favose; honeycombed
- A period of retching.
- A disease of horses characterized by coughing and difficult breathing.
- To spend money, time, or energy on something, especially for some benefit or purpose; used with in.
- To clothe or wrap (with garments).
- To put on (clothing).
- To envelop, wrap, cover.
- To commit money or capital in the hope of financial gain.
- To ceremonially install someone in some office.
- To formally give (someone) some power or authority.
- To formally give (power or authority).
- To surround, accompany, or attend.
- To lay siege to.
- To make investments.
- To prepare for lost wax casting by creating an investment mold (a mixture of a silica sand and plaster).
- An unnamed tropical weather pattern "to investigate" for development into a significant (named) system.
- derived from a form of Gervase.
- name transferred back from the surname.
- A Turkish armed policeman or courier
- The third month of the civil year in the Jewish calendar, after Cheshvan and before Tevet.
- A soft, thin flatbread made with flour, water, yeast, and salt, baked in a tandoor. Toasted sesame seeds and/or poppy seeds are sometimes sprinkled on it before baking. Traditionally made in Armenia and other countries of the Caucasus and the Middle East.
- Expending or bestowing profusely; profuse; prodigal.
- Superabundant; excessive
- To give out extremely generously; to squander.
- To give out to (somebody) extremely generously.
- Somewhat live or alive; lively.
- An Israeli town or settlement: definition a type of cooperative agricultural community of individual farms pioneered by the during the second aliyah.
- A river in Russia, a tributary of the Oka.
- A Graafian follicle; any sac containing an ovum or ova.
- The inner layer of the fibrous wall of a Graafian follicle.
- An enclosed courtyard in front of a building, especially a cathedral.
- A portico surrounding such a space.
- The porch of a church, or the room over it.
- a city in Mississippi, USA
- To seize and carry away by violence; to snatch by force.
- To transport with joy or delight; to delight to ecstasy.
- To rape.
- To dress (a priest or other religious figure) in ritual garments, especially to celebrate Mass or another service.
- To reclothe; to dress again.
- To return (property) to a former owner; to reinstate
- To invest again with possession or office.
- Marked with sinuate and irregular furrows.
- One who salves or cures.
- One who pretends to cure; quacksalver.
- One who salves or saves goods, etc. from destruction or loss.
- A tray used to display or serve food.
- Cannabis sativa, a widely consumed form of cannabis.
- One of the three gunas in Hindu philosophy, representing things that are pure, divine, and spiritual.
- a form of French martial art that involves combinations of punching and kicking moves
- A reduction in cost or expenditure.
- Something (usually money) that is saved, particularly money that has been set aside for the future.
- The action of the verb to save.
- exception; reservation
- That saves someone from damnation; redemptive.
- Preserving; rescuing.
- Thrifty; frugal.
- Bringing back in returns or in receipts the sum expended; incurring no loss, though not gainful.
- Making reservation or exception.
- relating to making a saving: e.g. labour-saving, energy-saving light bulbs.
- With the exception of; except; save.
- Without disrespect to.
- A département (number 73) in the région of Rhône-Alpes.
- A province of Liguria, Italy.
- The capital of Savona.
- The specific taste or smell of something.
- A distinctive sensation.
- Sense of smell; power to scent, or trace by scent.
- to possess a particular taste or smell, or a distinctive quality.
- to appreciate, enjoy or relish something.
- A disease caused by insufficient intake of vitamin C leading to the formation of livid spots on the skin, spongy gums, loosening of the teeth and bleeding into the skin and from almost all mucous membranes.
- Covered or affected with scurf or scabs; scabby; scurfy; specifically, diseased with the scurvy.
- Contemptible, despicable, low, disgustingly mean.
- Rugby sevens.
- A pair of sevens.
- A river of England and Wales that flows into the Bristol Channel.
- A baldacchin.
- A compartment of a vaulted ceiling.
- An unincorporated community in Sevier County, Utah, USA.
- Having been shaved.
- A wheel having a groove in the rim for a rope to work in, and set in a block, mast, or the like; the wheel of a pulley.
- To gather and bind into a sheaf.
- to place on a shelf
- to set aside, quit, or halt
- To furnish with shelves.
- To take (drugs) by anal insertion.
- To have sex with.
- A rocky ledge or shelf.
- The fifth month of the civil year in the Jewish calendar, after Tevet and before Adar.
- A hand tool with a handle, used for moving portions of material such as earth, snow, and grain from one place to another, with some forms also used for digging. Not to be confused with a spade, which is designed solely for small-scale digging and incidental tasks such as chopping of small roots.
- A spade.
- To move materials with a shovel.
- To move with a shoveling motion.
- To hear or receive a confession (of sins etc.)
- To prescribe penance or absolution.
- To confess, and receive absolution.
- To join in the festivities of Shrovetide.
- To make merry.
- Passed through a sieve.
- To drool saliva from the mouth; to slobber.
- To fawn.
- To smear with saliva issuing from the mouth.
- To be besmeared with saliva.
- saliva running from the mouth; drool
- a person engaged in the slave trade
- white slaver, who sells prostitutes into illegal 'sex slavery'
- a ship used to transport slaves
- To separate, as threads; to divide, as a collection of threads.
- The knotted or entangled part of silk or thread.
- Silk not yet twisted; floss.
- The part of a garment that covers the arm.
- A (usually tubular) covering or lining to protect a piece of machinery etc.
- A protective jacket or case, especially for a record, containing art and information about the contents; also the analogous leaflet found in a packaged CD.
- A tattoo covering the whole arm.
- A narrow channel of water.
- sleave; untwisted thread.
- A serving of beer measuring between 14 and 16 ounces.
- A long, cylindrical plastic bag of cookies or crackers.
- A double tube of copper into which the ends of bare wires are pushed so that when the tube is twisted an electrical connection is made. The joint thus made is called a McIntire joint.
- to fit a sleeve to
- A long piece cut or rent off; a sharp, slender fragment; a splinter.
- A strand, or slender roll, of cotton or other fiber in a loose, untwisted state, produced by a carding machine and ready for the roving or slubbing which precedes spinning.
- Bait made of pieces of small fish. Compare kibblings.
- A narrow high-rise apartment building.
- To cut or divide into long, thin pieces, or into very small pieces; to cut or rend lengthwise; to slit.
- To steal, to pickpocket.
- To snatch.
- To breathe heavily through the nose; to sniffle.
- To whine or complain, whilst crying.
- the act of snivelling
- nasal mucus; snot
- In any fashion, of any kind; used for emphasis after words such as how, what, which etc.
- Having a solution, having been explained or answered.
- A disease of horses characterized by a bony swelling developed on the hock as the result of inflammation of the bones.
- Of, related to, or resembling a spiv; flashy but often also seedy.
- To die; in later use especially to die slowly, waste away.
- To die because of lack of food or of not eating.
- To be very hungry.
- To destroy, make capitulate or at least make suffer by deprivation, notably of food.
- To deprive of nourishment.
- To kill with cold.
- To project upward, or make an angle with the horizon or with the line of a vessel's keel; said of the bowsprit, etc.
- To stow, as bales in a vessel's hold, by means of a steeve.
- The angle which a bowsprit makes with the horizon, or with the line of the vessel's keel.
- A spar, with a block at one end, used in stowing cotton bales and similar cargo needing to be packed tightly.
- A diminutive of the male given names Stephen and Steven.
- A diminutive of the female given name Stephanie.
- Fodder for cattle, especially straw or coarse hay.
- Stalks and leaves, not including grain, of certain forages
- To try to achieve a result; to make strenuous effort; to try earnestly and persistently.
- To struggle in opposition; to be in contention or dispute; to contend; to contest.
- To vie; to compete as a rival.
- An effort; a striving.
- strife; contention
- Of or relating to the Suevi or Suebi, an ancient group of Germanic peoples.
- The act of surveying; a general view.
- The act of making measurement of relative position of the earth surface.
- A particular view; an examination, especially an official examination, of a particular group of items, in order to ascertain the condition, quantity, or quality.
- An examination of the opinions of a group of people.
- A questionnaire or similar instrument used for examining the opinions of a group of people.
- The operation of finding the contour, dimensions, position, or other particulars of any part of the Earth's surface.
- A measured plan and description of any portion of country.
- To inspect, or take a view of; to view with attention, as from a high place; to overlook
- To view with a scrutinizing eye; to examine.
- To examine with reference to condition, situation, value, etc.; to examine and ascertain the state of
- To determine the form, extent, position, etc., of, as a tract of land, a coast, harbor, or the like, by means of linear and angular measurements, and the application of the principles of geometry and trigonometry
- To examine and ascertain, as the boundaries and royalties of a manor, the tenure of the tenants, and the rent and value of the same.
- To investigate the opinions or experiences of people by asking them questions.
- Attractively thin; gracefully slender.
- Refined, delicate.
- to stagger, totter, to walk feebly, as one who is fatigued
- to incline to one side, to swing
- to decline away from
- To stray; to wander; to rove.
- To go out of a straight line; to deflect.
- To wander from any line prescribed, or from a rule or duty; to depart from what is established by law, duty, custom, or the like; to deviate.
- To bend; to incline.
- To climb or move upward by winding or turning.
- To turn aside or deviate to avoid impact.
- of a projectile, to travel in a curved line
- A sudden movement out of a straight line, for example to avoid a collision.
- A piece, as a ring or hook, attached to another piece by a pin, in such a manner as to permit rotation about the pin as an axis.
- A small piece of ordnance, turning on a point or swivel; called also swivel gun.
- Strength of mind or character that enables one to overcome adversity; confidence; force of will.
- A rotating of the hips.
- To swing or turn, as on a pin or pivot.
- A state or condition of haste, flutter; extreme discomposure or distress; irritation, exasperation, annoyance.
- Pertaining to the forest, or woodlands.
- Residing in a forest or wood.
- Wooded, or covered in forest.
- One who resides in the woods.
- A fabled deity of the wood; a satyr; a faun.
- name transferred from the surname.
- A county in Texas.
- Of, pertaining to, or resembling a grape or grapes.
- Of, pertaining to, or of the nature of the uvea; uveal.
- Of or pertaining to water beneath the surface of the earth which is located above the level of the permanent groundwater.
- Wandering; unsettled.
- An Armenian priest's vestment resembling the amice.
- knock-kneed (having the distal part of a limb displaced or twisted away from the midline of the body)
- A piece of hand luggage such as a suitcase or travelling bag.
- To become invisible or to move out of view unnoticed.
- To become equal to zero.
- The brief terminal part of a vowel or vocal element, differing more or less in quality from the main part.
- A magic trick in which something seems to disappear.
- A queen of Persia.
- name of biblical origin.
- The grantee of a fief, feud, or fee; one who keeps land of a superior, and who vows fidelity and homage to him, normally a lord of a manor; a feudatory; a feudal tenant.
- A subject; a dependant; a servant; a slave.
- Resembling a vassal; slavish; servile.
- To treat as a vassal or to reduce to the position of a vassal; to subject to control; to enslave.
- To subordinate to someone or something.
- Greatly, in a vast manner.
- The form of Hinduism that encompasses the teachings of the Vedas.
- The religious adherence to such teachings.
- Having numerous or conspicuous veins; veiny.
- Presenting common, everyday subjects, specifically eschewing the heroic or legendary.
- A movement in the late 19th century, related to realism.
- One who subscribes to verism.
- A narrow, worm-like structure found in animal brains between the hemispheres of the cerebellum; it is the site of termination of the spinocerebellar pathways that carry subconscious proprioception.
- Ornamental letter that begins a section
- knowledgeable or skilled, either through study or experience; familiar; practiced
- A quaternion of norm one
- A multivector representing a proper or improper rotation
- A bladder, especially the urinary bladder or the gall bladder.
- The vesica piscis or oval aureole in mediaeval painting.
Possible word length