Page 1 from 99
Total results: 102170
- of a worldwide network for the transmission of meteorological data from weather stations, satellites and numerical weather prediction centres.
- of (as a sexual fetish).
- of, a software system used for stratigraphic mapping.
- of: an electronic control system that prevents wheelspin to improve traction.
- To make a tsk sound of disapproval.
- of: a measure of water quality
- of former name of ASTM International
- Corporal punishment at school.
- A pouch or sac without opening, usually membranous and containing morbid matter, which develops in one of the natural cavities or in the substance of an organ.
- Of or pertaining to the urinary bladder or gall bladder (in compounds).
- A punctuation mark consisting of three dots, indicating an omission of some text or a sentence which wasn't fully finished, an ellipsis.
- First of all, before (some other specified thing).
- Sooner (than); before.
- Formerly, once, erstwhile.
- A condition of physical attraction toward (for) someone.
- The International Telecommunications Satellite Organization
- The Integrated Transport Smartcard Organisation
- Very small; itty
- third person singular of jut
- To do with certainty; definition.
- To do as a requirement; definition.
- Something that is mandatory or required.
- The property of being stale or musty.
- Something that exhibits the property of being stale or musty.
- Fruit juice that will ferment or has fermented, usually grapes.
- To make musty.
- To become musty.
- A time during which male elephants exhibit increased levels of sexual activity and aggressiveness
- An elephant in this sexual and aggressive state.
- a kiln for drying tobacco, malt and especially hops
- A mass of oat plants (genus Avena, especially Avena sativa).
- Seeds of an oat plant, especially prepared as food.
- A style of urban popular music associated mainly with Kuwait and Bahrain.
- A tax; tribute.
- A land-tax paid in the Shetland Islands.
- Animal excrement; dung.
- A brisk shower of rain, driven by the wind.
- Scat singing.
- To sing an improvised melodic solo using nonsense syllables, often onomatopoeic or imitative of musical instruments.
- To leave quickly (often used in the imperative).
- An imperative demand, often understood by speaker and listener as impertinent.
- Solid excretory product evacuated from the bowels; feces.
- (the shits) diarrhea.
- An instance of defecation.
- Rubbish; worthless matter.
- Stuff, things.
- (the shit) The best of its kind.
- Nonsense; bullshit.
- A nasty, despicable person, used particularly of men.
- (in negations) Anything.
- A problem or difficult situation.
- A strong rebuke.
- any recreational drug, usually cannabis.
- Of poor quality; worthless.
- Nasty; despicable.
- Resembling the color of
- To defecate.
- To excrete (something) through the anus.
- To fool or try to fool someone; to be deceitful.
- To annoy.
- Worn out or broken.
- Woven from warp and weft strands of different colours, resulting in an iridescent appearance.
- Tired, weary.
- Discharged, cleared, or rid of something.
- The result of launching a projectile or bullet.
- The act of launching a ball or similar object toward a goal.
- The heavy iron ball used for the shot put.
- Small metal balls used as ammunition.
- Metal balls (or similar) used as ammunition; not necessarily small.
- Someone who shoots (a gun) regularly
- An opportunity or attempt.
- A remark or comment, especially one which is critical or insulting.
- A punch or other physical blow.
- A measure of alcohol, usually spirits, as taken either from a shot-glass or directly from the bottle, equivalent to about 44 milliliters; 1.5 ounces. ("pony shot"= 30 milliliters; 1 fluid ounce)
- A single serving of espresso.
- A single unbroken sequence of photographic film exposures, or the digital equivalent; an unedited sequence of frames.
- A vaccination or injection.
- A home run that scores one, two, or three runs (a four run home run is usually referred to as a grand slam).
- Written documentation of a behavior infraction.
- A cast of one or more nets.
- A place or spot for setting nets.
- A single draft or catch of fish made.
- To load (a gun) with shot.
- A charge to be paid, a scot or shout.
- To close, to stop from being open.
- To close, to stop being open.
- To close a business temporarily, or (of a business) to be closed.
- To preclude; to exclude; to bar out.
- The act or time of shutting; close.
- A door or cover; a shutter.
- The line or place where two pieces of metal are welded together.
- A narrow alley or passage acting as a short cut through the buildings between two streets.
- To sieve or strain (something).
- To separate or scatter (things) as if by sieving.
- To examine (something) carefully.
- A sexually promiscuous woman.
- A narrow cut or opening; a slot.
- The opening of the vagina.
- A woman, usually a sexually loose woman; a prostitute.
- To cut a narrow opening.
- To split in two parts.
- To cut; to sever; to divide.
- Having a cut narrow opening
- of: a de-facto standard for email transmission.
- A flake of ash or soot.
- Sexually vulgar material; something that is sexual in a dirty way; pornographic material.
- Obscene language; ribaldry; obscenity.
- A promiscuous woman.
- Any of a range of fungi, mostly Ustilaginomycetes, that cause plant disease in grasses, including cereal crops; the disease so caused.
- Bad, soft coal containing earthy matter, found in the immediate locality of faults.
- To stain (or be stained) with soot etc.
- To gather smut; to be converted into smut; to become smutted.
- To taint (grain, etc.) with the smut fungus.
- To clear of the smut fungus.
- To clear of mucus; to blow (one's nose).
- The fat of a deer.
- Fine black or dull brown particles of amorphous carbon and tar, produced by the incomplete combustion of coal, oil etc.
- To cover or dress with soot.
- slow-scan television: a technique for transmitting pictures over radio
- An adult male deer.
- A colt, or filly.
- A romping girl.
- An improperly or late castrated bull or ram – also called a bull seg (see note under ox).
- An outside irregular dealer in stocks, who is not a member of the exchange.
- One who applies for the allotment of shares in new projects, with a view to sell immediately at a premium, and not to hold the stock.
- The Eurasian wren, Troglodytes troglodytes.
- An unmarried male, a bachelor; a male not accompanying a female at a social event.
- A social event for males held in honor of a groom on the eve of his wedding, attended by male friends of the groom, sometimes a fund-raiser.
- A stag beetle (family
- To act as a "stag", an irregular dealer in stocks.
- To watch; to dog, or keep track of.
- Of a man, attending a formal social function without a date.
- To be fixed or set; to stay.
- The act of marking previously edited material "stet" to indicate that something previously marked for change should remain as is.
- In Ancient Greece, a walkway with a roof supported by colonnades, often with a wall on one side; specifically, the Great Hall in Athens.
- A stick, twig or peg, especially in roofing or matting.
- Regional variant of stab.
- To roof with stob-thatch, to make mats with a stob tool.
- Something blunted, stunted, or cut short, such as stubble or a stump.
- A piece of certain paper items, designed to be torn off and kept for record or identification purposes.
- A placeholder procedure that has the signature of the planned procedure but does not yet implement the intended behavior. (, , ).
- A procedure that translates requests from external systems into a format suitable for processing and then submits those requests for processing. (, , )
- A page providing only minimal information and intended for later development.
- The remaining part of the docked tail of a dog
- An unequal first or last interest calculation period, as a part of a financial swap contract
- A log; a block; a blockhead.
- A pen with a short, blunt nib.
- A stub nail; an old horseshoe nail; also, stub iron.
- The smallest remainder of a smoked cigarette; a butt.
- To remove most of a tree, bush, or other rooted plant by cutting it close to the ground.
- To remove a plant by pulling it out by the roots.
- To jam, hit, or bump, especially a toe.
- A male animal, especially a stud horse (stallion), kept for breeding.
- A female animal, especially a studmare (broodmare), kept for breeding.
- A group of such animals.
- An animal (usually livestock) that has been registered and is retained for breeding.
- A place, such as a ranch, where such animals are kept.
- A sexually attractive male; also a lover in great demand.
- A small object that protrudes from something; an ornamental knob.
- A small round earring.
- A vertical post, especially one of the small uprights in the framing for lath and plaster partitions, and furring, and upon which the laths are nailed.
- A stem; a trunk.
- A type of poker where an individual cannot throw cards away and some of her cards are exposed (also stud poker).
- A short rod or pin, fixed in and projecting from something, and sometimes forming a journal.
- A stud bolt.
- An iron brace across the shorter diameter of the link of a chain cable.
- To set with studs; to furnish with studs.
- To be scattered over the surface of (something) at intervals.
- To set (something) over a surface at intervals.
- Unfermented grape juice; must.
- Wine revived by new fermentation, resulting from the admixture of must.
- to ferment
- to renew (wine etc.) by mixing must with it and raising a new fermentation
- To incapacitate; especially by inducing disorientation or unconsciousness.
- To shock or surprise.
- To hit the cue ball so that it slides without topspin or backspin (and with or without sidespin) and continues at a natural angle after contact with the object ball
- The condition of being stunned.
- A person who is deemed to be unintelligent.
- The effect on the cue ball where the ball is hit without topspin, backspin or sidespin.
- To support, prop up.
- A support.
- To stutter.
- A bacterial infection in the eyelash or eyelid.
- The river, in Hades, over which the souls of the dead are ferried by Charon.
- The 5th moon of Pluto, discovered in 2012.
- A kind of elevated flatland in Russia and Central Asia.
- A quicksand or bog.
- A particular song played at the end of the day, and at military funerals.
- Trains Entering Terminal Stations: a failsafe device for stopping trains that are entering a station at the end of a railway line.
- Transcutaneous Energy Transmission System: an experimental subcutaneous device for generating current in heart patients.
- 2016, San Francisco Examiner
- Clothes for a specific occasion or use.
- swimsuit, both the women's and men's tight-fitting type (in some regions referred to as "speedos").
- At the very most; as a maximum.
- Great; excellent.
- The uppermost field of a dartboard; the double-20 field
- An emperor of Russia (1547 to 1917) and of some South Slavic kingdoms.
- A person with great power; an autocrat.
- An appointed official tasked to regulate or oversee a specific area.
- A tusk.
- A small tusk sometimes found on the female Indian elephant.
- The buttocks
- Nonsense; tosh.
- To pull or drag a heavy object such as a tree or log.
- The age of two; two years old.
- A pair of twos.
- The octave, or seventh day after a festival (i.e., the eighth day counting inclusively, in the ancient Roman way).
- A former Roman unit of length, equal to 120 Roman feet (about 35½
- A former Roman unit of area, equivalent to a square with sides of 1 actus (about ⅛ ha)
- Abnormally dark or over-concentrated; associated with various states of discomfort or illness (specifically being too hot or dry).
- Burnt or having a scorched color.
- To take to graze or pasture, at a certain sum; used originally of the feeding of cattle in the king's forests, and collecting the money for the same.
- restless, apprehensive and fidgety
- Inclined towards the arts; arty.
- A large, shallow, oval dish used for serving food.
- dazed; foolish; infatuated
- To besot; to befool; to infatuate.
- An arch or ceiling of boards placed above the workers' heads in a mine.
- In motion; characterized by motion.
- of, a trade union.
- one of the Gigantes
- A peninsula in Greece containing Mount Athos
- An enclosed public swimming pool; originally a place having individual cubicles where people without bathrooms could have a bath.
- To surround or hem in.
- To attack, especially from all sides.
- To decorate something with jewels etc.
- Of a ship, to get trapped by ice.
- To sit around; sit about; besiege.
- To sit upon.
- To sit properly upon, as clothes; to suit; become.
- To muddle, stupefy, or act foolishly; as with alcoholic liquor or infatuation.
- A diminutive form of the female given name Elizabeth.
- A frame composed of two strong oak timbers (bitt-heads) fixed vertically in the fore part of a ship, bolted to the deck beams to which are secured the cables when the ship rides to anchor
- A brag, a loud positive appraisal of oneself.
- A shot where the ball is driven off a side wall and then strikes the front wall.
- To brag; to talk loudly in praise of oneself.
- To speak of with pride, vanity, or exultation, with a view to self-commendation; to extol.
- To speak in exulting language of another; to glory; to exult.
- To play a boast shot.
- To possess something special.
- To dress, as a stone, with a broad chisel.
- To shape roughly as a preparation for the finer work to follow; to cut to the general form required.
- A push from behind, as to one who is endeavoring to climb; help.
- A positive intake manifold pressure in cars with turbochargers or superchargers.
- To lift or push from behind (one who is endeavoring to climb); to push up.
- To help or encourage (something) to increase or improve; to assist in overcoming obstacles.
- To steal.
- To jump-start a vehicle by using cables to connect the battery in a running vehicle to the battery in a vehicle that won't start.
- To give a booster shot to.
- The disease caused by the maggots of the horse bot fly when they infect the stomach of a horse.
- Infection by gadfly maggots under the skin of cows, or by sheep maggots in the frontal sinus of sheep.
- An of, or the act of .
- A often or
- A series of fired from an
- To break from internal pressure.
- To cause to break from internal pressure.
- To cause to break by any means.
- To separate formfeed at perforation lines.
- To enter or exit hurriedly and unexpectedly.
- To produce as an effect of bursting.
- Having large breasts.
- Any of the hereditary social classes and subclasses of South Asian societies.
- A separate and fixed order or class of persons in society who chiefly associate with each other.
- A class of ants of a particular size and function within a colony.
- A dishonest person; a rogue; a cheat.
- A box, now usually a large strong box with a secure convex lid.
- A coffin.
- The place in which public money is kept; a treasury.
- A chest of drawers.
- The portion of the front of the human body from the base of the neck to the top of the abdomen; the thorax. Also the analogous area in other animals.
- A hit or blow made with one's chest.
- To hit with one's chest (front of one's body)
- To deposit in a chest.
- To place in a coffin.
- Debate; quarrel; strife; enmity.
- The side or edge of something.
- The edge of the land where it meets an ocean, sea, gulf, bay, or large lake.
- A region of land; a district or country.
- A region of the air or heavens.
- To glide along without adding energy.
- To sail along a coast.
- Applied to human behavior, to make a minimal effort, to continue to do something in a routine way. This implies lack of initiative and effort.
- To draw near to; to approach; to keep near, or by the side of.
- To sail by or near; to follow the coastline of.
- To conduct along a coast or river bank.
- To slide downhill; to slide on a sled upon snow or ice.
- A copy of a subgroup multiplied by some element from the parent group.
- A more solid, dense or hard layer on a surface or boundary.
- The external layer of most types of bread.
- An outer layer composed of pastry
- The bread-like base of a pizza.
- The outermost layer of the lithosphere of the Earth.
- The shell of crabs, lobsters, etc.
- Nerve, gall.
- crust punk
- To cover with a crust.
- To form a crust.
- The true skin or dermis, underlying the epidermis.
- To excrete from the body.
- The character or fundamental values of a person, people, culture, or movement.
- A form of rhetoric in which the writer or speaker invokes their authority, competence or expertise in an attempt to persuade others that their view is correct.
- The traits in a work of art which express the ideal or typic character, as influenced by the ethos (character or fundamental values) of a people, rather than realistic or emotional situations or individual character in a narrow sense; opposed to
- to be; have existence; have being or reality
- The calendar in Ancient Rome, which gave the days for festivals, courts, etc., corresponding to a modern almanac.
- Records or registers of important events.
- Someone who is overweight.
- A magician and alchemist of German lore who sold his soul to the Devil for knowledge and power.
- A hamlet in Alberta, Canada
- A very large meal, often of a ceremonial nature.
- Something delightful
- A festival; a holiday; a solemn, or more commonly, a joyous, anniversary.
- To partake in a feast, or large meal.
- To dwell upon (something) with delight.
- To hold a feast in honor of (someone).
- To serve as a feast for; to feed sumptuously.
- Very bad, dreadful.
- A festival.
- Involving the fists; pugilistic.
- To introduce or insert surreptitiously or without warrant.
- To force another to accept especially by stealth or deceit.
- To pass off as genuine or worthy.
- A thief or pickpocket.
- A light and fast-sailing ship.
- A cask for wine.
- Fustiness; mustiness.
- The settlings of oil, molasses, etc., at the bottom of a barrel or hogshead.
- Moldy or musty.
- Stale-smelling or stuffy.
- Old-fashioned, refusing to change or update.
- Tasting of the cask.
- Having a ghastly appearance; weird.
- An evil spirit or monster; a ghoul.
- The spirit; the soul of man.
- The disembodied soul; the soul or spirit of a deceased person; a spirit appearing after death; an apparition; a specter.
- Any faint shadowy semblance; an unsubstantial image; a phantom; a glimmering.
- A false image formed in a telescope, camera, or other optical device by reflection from the surfaces of one or more lenses.
- An unwanted image similar to and overlapping or adjacent to the main one on a television screen, caused by the transmitted image being received both directly and via reflection.
- A ghostwriter.
- An unresponsive user on IRC, resulting from the user's client disconnecting without notifying the server.
- An image of a file or hard disk.
- An understudy.
- A covert (and deniable) agent.
- The faint image that remains after an attempt to remove graffiti.
- An opponent in a racing game that follows a previously recorded route, allowing players to compete against previous best times.
- A dead person whose identity is stolen by another. See
- White or
- Transparent or
- The of.
- Perceived or listed but not
- Of or nature.
- To haunt; to appear to in the form of an apparition.
- To die; to expire.
- To ghostwrite.
- To sail seemingly without wind.
- To copy a file or hard drive image.
- To gray out (a visual item) to indicate that it is unavailable.
- To forcibly disconnect an IRC user who is using one's reserved nickname.
- To appear without warning; To move quickly and quietly; to slip.
- to kill
- to break up with someone without warning or explanation (see ghosting)
- Lead glazing used for pottery.
- A spark; a dying or dead spark, as of a snuffed candle.
- To gnash.
- blowing in gusts; blustery
- marked by courage and determination in the face of difficulties or danger; having guts
- not showing due respect
- singular of: has to; is required to.
- A hand gesture used to depict the meaning of a song
- Speed; swiftness; dispatch.
- Urgency; sudden excitement of feeling or passion; precipitance; vehemence.
- To urge onward; to hasten.
- To move with haste.
- Acting in haste; being too hurried or quick.
- A speaker or proponent of Ido.
- To set in; infix or implant.
- To insert something.
- To add an inset to something.
- a smaller thing set into a larger thing; such as a small picture inside a larger one
- anything inserted
- a small piece of material used to strengthen a garment
- A piece of timber laid horizontally, or nearly so, to which the planks of the floor, or the laths or furring strips of a ceiling, are nailed.
- To fit or furnish with joists.
- A tilting match: a mock combat between two mounted knights or men-at-arms using lances in the lists or enclosed field.
- To engage in mock combat on horseback, as two knights in the lists; to tilt.
- To engage in verbal sparring over an important issue. (used of two people, both of whom participate more or less equally)
- To touch penises while engaging in a sex act, especially oral sex.
- John Keats (1795–1821),
- Small particles of ore.
- of; the smallest amount of [something uncountable].
- Used for forming superlatives of adjectives, especially those that do not form the superlative by adding -est.
- In the smallest or lowest degree; in a degree below all others.
- Something of the smallest possible extent; an indivisible unit.
Possible word length