Page 1 from 56
Total results: 57229
- digital signal processor
- Digital Signal Processing
- of global positioning system.
- GPS receiver.
- To locate (something) using a GPS system.
- for, a protein that in humans is encoded by the PSG1 gene.
- Professional Scrum Master.
- phono-semantic matching
- Public safety officer.
- Protective services officer.
- Protostellar object (or proto-stellar object).
- A single base pair of DNA which is polymorphic with respect to a population.
- A particular vasodilator, the nitroprusside of sodium.
- the highest division of Scottish professional football.
- Sun Public License
- A person who secretly watches and examines the actions of other individuals or organizations and gathers information on them (usually to gain an advantage).
- To act as a spy.
- To spot; to catch sight of.
- To search narrowly; to scrutinize.
- To explore; to see; to view; inspect and examine secretly, as a country.
- As soon as possible.
- A suit of the minor arcana in tarot, bearing the symbol of a cup or chalice.
- A sharp point or pointed end.
- An important moment when a decision is made that will determine future events.
- A point of a curve where the curve is continuous but has no derivative, but such that it has a derivative at every nearby point.
- A point made by the intersection of two curved lines or curved structures. A common motif in Gothic architecture.Russell Sturgis, ed. (1902). A Dictionary of Architecture and Building: Biographical, Historical, and Descriptive. 3. Macmillan.
- A boundary between zodiacal signs and houses.
- Any of the pointed parts of a canine tooth or molar.
- A clasp, especially a metal strap fastened by a padlock or a pin; also, a hook for fastening a door.
- A spindle to wind yarn, thread, or silk on.
- An instrument for cutting the surface of grassland; a scarifier.
- To shut or fasten with a hasp.
- Millions of Instructions Per Second
- Microprocessor without Interlocked Pipeline Stages
- Open Shortest Path First: A link-state routing algorithm that is used to calculate routes based on the number of routers, transmission speed, delays and route cost.
- To throw (or be thrown) and break.
- To snog, to make out, to kiss.
- A passionate kiss.
- A romantic infatuation; a crush.
- The object of a romantic infatuation; a crush.
- Any obsession or passion.
- A crushing blow.
- A heavy fall of rain or snow.
- The head.
- To strike; to crush; to smash; to dash into pieces.
- Pediatric medicine, pediatric nursing, and so on; a medical or other specialty dealing with child patients.
- A sibilant noise (e.g. "psshh") made by birders and ornithologists to attract small birds.
- To try to attract birds by making a sibilant noise (e.g. "psshh").
- To express contempt.
- Of poor quality; very bad.
- Alcoholic beverage, especially of inferior quality.
- To urinate.
- To discharge as or with the urine.
- Pieces of bread soaked in hot milk used as a comfort food for children during illness
- A flower; a bouquet; a nosegay.
- A motto inscribed inside a ring.
- To apply a force to (an object) such that it moves away from the person or thing applying the force.
- To continually attempt to persuade (a person) into a particular course of action.
- To press or urge forward; to drive.
- To continually promote (a point of view, a product for sale, etc.).
- To approach; to come close to.
- To tense the muscles in the abdomen in order to expel its contents.
- To continue to attempt to persuade a person into a particular course of action.
- To make a higher bid at an auction.
- To make an all-in bet.
- To move (a pawn) directly forward.
- To add (a data item) to the top of a stack.
- To publish (an update, etc.) by transmitting it to other computers.
- To thrust the points of the horns against; to gore.
- To burst out of its pot, as a bud or shoot.
- To strike the cue ball in such a way that it stays in contact with the cue and object ball at the same time (a foul shot)
- A short, directed application of force; an act of pushing.
- An act of tensing the muscles of the abdomen in order to expel its contents.
- A great effort (to do something).
- An attempt to persuade someone into a particular course of action.
- A marching or drill maneuver/manoeuvre performed by moving a formation (especially a company front) forward or toward the audience, usually to accompany a dramatic climax or crescendo in the music.
- A wager that results in no loss or gain for the bettor as a result of a tie or even score
- The addition of a data item to the top of a stack.
- The situation where a server sends data to a client without waiting for a request, as in server push, push technology.
- A crowd or throng or people
- A foul shot in which the cue ball is in contact with the cue and the object ball at the same time
- A pustule; a pimple.
- A coarse file, on which the cutting prominences are distinct points raised by the oblique stroke of a sharp punch, instead of lines raised by a chisel, as on the true file.
- The sound made by this tool when used, or any similar sound.
- The raspberry.
- To use a rasp.
- To make a noise similar to the one a rasp makes in use; to utter rasps.
- To work something with a rasp.
- To grate harshly upon; to offend by coarse or rough treatment or language.
- To rub together, to rasp or grate.
- Any of the free-swimming tunicates of the order and its single family
- An establishment that sells goods or services to the public; originally only a physical location, but now a virtual establishment as well.
- A place where things are manufactured or crafted; a workshop.
- A large garage where vehicle mechanics work.
- Workplace; office. Used mainly in expressions such as shop talk, closed shop and shop floor.
- A variety of classes taught in junior or senior high school that teach vocational skill.
- An establishment where a barber or beautician works.
- An act of shopping, especially routine shopping for food and other domestic supplies.
- Discussion of business or professional affairs.
- To visit stores or shops to browse or explore merchandise, especially with the intention of buying such merchandise.
- To purchase products from (a range or catalogue, etc.).
- To report the criminal activities or whereabouts of someone to an authority.
- Shorthand for photoshop; to digitally edit a picture or photograph.
- a basket
- a beehive made of straw or wicker
- A blow, especially one given with the open hand, or with something broad and flat.
- The sound of such a blow.
- Makeup, cosmetics.
- To give a slap to.
- To cause something to strike soundly.
- To strike soundly against something.
- To place, to put carelessly.
- To impose a penalty, etc. upon (someone).
- Exactly, precisely
- A loose outer garment; a jacket or overall.
- Loose trousers.
- A liquid or semi-solid; goo, paste, mud, domestic liquid waste.
- Scraps used as food for pigs.
- Human urine or excrement.
- Water or other liquid carelessly spilled or thrown about, as upon a table or a floor; a puddle; a soiled spot.
- Inferior, weak drink or liquid food.
- to spill or dump liquid, especially over the rim of a container when it moves.
- To spill liquid upon; to soil with a spilled liquid.
- In the game of pool or snooker to pocket a ball by accident; in billiards, to make an ill-considered shot.
- to feed pigs
- A policeman.
- of: a de-facto standard for email transmission.
- To cut with short sharp actions, as with scissors.
- To reduce the price of a product, to create a snip.
- To break off; to snatch away.
- To circumcise.
- To remove the irrelevant parts of quotations in the reply message.
- The act of snipping; cutting a small amount off of something.
- A single cut with scissors, clippers, or similar tool.
- Something acquired for a low price; a bargain.
- A small amount of something; a pinch.
- A vasectomy.
- A small or weak person, especially a young one.
- An impertinent or mischievous person.
- A share or portion; a snack.
- A tailor.
- Any of various dishes commonly made by combining liquids, such as water or stock with other ingredients, such as meat and vegetables, that contribute flavor and texture.
- A serving of such a dish, typically in a bowl.
- The liquid part of such a dish; the broth.
- Any mixture or substance suggestive of soup consistency.
- Thick fog or cloud (also
- Nitroglycerin or gelignite, especially when used for safe-cracking.
- Dope (illicit drug, used for making horses run faster or to change their personality).
- Processing chemicals into which film is dipped, such as developer.
- Liquid or gelatinous substrate, especially the mixture of organic compounds that is believe to have played a role in the origin of life on Earth.
- An unfortunate situation; trouble, problems (a fix, a mess); chaos.
- The foamy portion of a wave.
- To feed: to provide with soup or a meal.
- To develop (film) in a (chemical) developing solution.
- To sup or swallow.
- To breathe out; to draw out.
- To sweep.
- To remove or destroy the ovaries (of an animal) so that it cannot become pregnant.
- A stupid or incompetent person.
- A hyperactive person.
- A tantrum, a fit.
- To have a tantrum or fit.
- To malfunction, go on the fritz.
- Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
- to eject forcibly and in a stream
- to vomit
- to ejaculate
- to laugh unexpectedly while drinking, causing drink to exit the nose
- To eject seed, as wet land swollen with frost.
- vomit or sick
- A river in northern Scotland that flows to the Moray Firth.
- Unsolicited messages sent to cellular phones.
- Unsolicited commercial messages sent via an instant messaging system.
- A smartly dressed person who trades in illicit, black-market or stolen goods.
- A flashy con artist, often homeless, who lives by his wits.
- In Scotland Yard usage, a low and common thief.
- A slacker; one who shirks responsibility.
- A dagger.
- A tool, similar to a spade, used for digging out weeds etc.
- barking spud - a long-handled tool for removing bark from logs, also called a mut (multi-purpose tool)
- A potato.
- A hole in a sock.
- A type of short nut (fastener) threaded on both ends.
- Anything short and thick; specifically, a piece of dough boiled in fat.
- A testicle.
- To begin drilling an oil well; to drill by moving the drill bit and shaft up and down, or by raising and dropping a bit.
- To remove the roofing aggregate and most of the bituminous top coating by scraping and chipping.
- A game for three or more players, involving the gradual elimination of players by throwing and catching a ball.
- A hollow or pit into which liquid drains, such as a cesspool, cesspit or sink.
- The lowest part of a mineshaft into which water drains.
- A completely flooded cave passage, sometimes passable by diving.
- The crankcase or oil reservoir of an internal combustion engine.
- The pit at the lowest point in a circulating or drainage system (FM 55-501).
- An intentional depression around a drain or scupper that promotes drainage.
- Of a cave passage, to end in a sump, or to fill completely with water on occasion.
- To exchange or give (something) in an exchange (for something else).
- To strike, hit.
- To fall or descend; to rush hastily or violently.
- To beat the air, or ply the wings, with a sweeping motion or noise; to flap.
- An exchange of two comparable things.
- A financial derivative in which two parties agree to exchange one stream of cashflow against another stream.
- A blow; a stroke.
- Space available in a swap file for use as auxiliary memory.
- A fusion of swing and hip-hop dance styles.
- A particular song played at the end of the day, and at military funerals.
- At the very most; as a maximum.
- Great; excellent.
- The uppermost field of a dartboard; the double-20 field
- A tree, of the mulberry family, common in the forests of Java and the neighboring islands, with poisonous secretions.
- A virulent poison used in Java and the adjacent islands for poisoning arrows derived from the tree.
- A poison prepared from the climbing plant
- of; a grade of premium cognac.
- A small bundle, as of straw or other like substance; any slender, flexible structure or group.
- A whisk, or small broom.
- A will o' the wisp, or ignis fatuus.
- An immeasurable, indefinable essence of life; soul.
- To brush or dress, as with a wisp.
- To rumple.
- To produce a wisp, as of smoke.
- Abbreviation of wop-wops
- Soft or liquid animal fat.
- In a state of gasping.
- An unincorporated community in Virginia.
- Resembling or characteristic of an ape.
- An early Welsh bishop and saint
- A dish in which ingredients are set into a gelatine, jelly-like substance made from a meat stock or consommé.
- An asp, a small venomous snake of Egypt.
- A piece of ordnance carrying a 12-pound shot.
- Aspish; relating to an asp, a small venomous snake of Egypt.
- A type of round shield borne by ancient Greek soldiers
- An asp or generic venomous snake
- A prominent ring of thickened exine around a pore on a pollen grain
- To send spies to; beset with espionage.
- The ritual tossing of someone into the air to celebrate their birthday.
- Jaws, mouth.
- One's skill at musical interpretation and delivery (originally of jazz); musical performance ability.
- One's skill at any endeavor; ability, talent.
- The area where two tides meet and cause an irregular (choppy) sea.
- A pattern that involves carrying the object with the hand over the next object before throwing it.
- To talk, chat; also, to talk back, to be cheeky.
- A fastener or holder, particularly one that clasps.
- An embrace, a grasp, or handshake.
- To take hold of; to grasp; to grab tightly.
- To shut or fasten together with, or as if with, a clasp.
- A thicket of small trees or shrubs.
- To trim or cut.
- To plant and preserve.
- Characterized by copses.
- a game of gambling, or chance, where the players throw dice to make scores and avoid crap
- A town in Surrey, England.
- A city of Finland.
- A fit of yawning.
- A disease of young poultry and other birds, caused by a parasitic nematode worm in the windpipe.
- Resembling or characterised by gasps.
- mashed swede (called "turnip" in Scotland), especially when served with tatties (potatoes) and haggis.
- Any of a group of light-sensitive proteins in the retina
- Complete or partial muscle paralysis of a body part, often accompanied by a loss of feeling and uncontrolled body movements such as shaking.
- To paralyse, either completely or partially.
- Chummy, friendly.
- A vertical pillar along the inner septal margin of a coral.
- A small plain (compared to mare) on the surface of a planet or satellite.
- A cultivated flowering plant, derived by hybridization within species Viola tricolor.
- A deep purple colour, like that of the pansy.
- A male homosexual, especially one who is effeminate.
- A timid, weak man or boy; a wuss.
- Wimpy; spineless; feeble.
- Of a deep purple colour, like that of the pansy.
- Intellectual ability or learning.
- Vicinity, region.
- The genitals, short for private parts.
- Like paste, sticky.
- pale, lacking colour, having a pallor
- A small item of clothing that conceals little more than the nipple of a woman's breast, primarily worn by female exotic dancers.
- A type of seasoned meat and vegetable pie, usually of a semicircular or distinctive shape. A (savory) hand pie.
- Resembling or characteristic of peas.
- A village in New Mexico.
- A city and county seat in Texas.
- To weigh or measure the weight of; to poise.
- To weigh or take the measure of (an immaterial object).
- A weight; a poise.
- A heavy blow, an impact.
- Samuel Pepys, a 17th century MP and diarist
- An apparition; a phantom.
- Third person singular simple present of to pill.
- A hair.
- A hairlike appendage found on the cell surface of many bacteria.
- A bacterial protein that has several biochemical functions
- A city in Belarus.
- Of or pertaining to piety, exhibiting piety, devout, godfearing.
- A single pipe organ.
- One's vocal capacity.
- A small pool of standing water; a puddle.
- A splash, or the sound made by a splash.
- To splash.
- To cause a splash.
- To splash or sprinkle with colouring matter.
- The branch of a tree partly cut or bent, and bound to, or intertwined with, other branches.
- To cut partly, or to bend and intertwine the branches of.
- A mold or matrix in which anything is cast or formed to a particular shape.
- The common people, as a whole, or as a group.
- Very extravagant.
- Very expensive, or appearing expensive.
- Having a soft, fluffy exterior.
- A textile fabric with a nap or shag on one side, longer and softer than the nap of velvet.
- A plush toy.
- Weight; an amount of weight, the amount something weighs.
- The weight, or mass of metal, used in weighing, to balance the substance weighed.
- That which causes a balance; a counterweight.
- A state of balance, equilibrium or stability.
- Composure; freedom from embarrassment or affectation.
- Mien; bearing or deportment of the head or body.
- A condition of hovering, or being suspended.
- A cgs unit of dynamic viscosity equal to one dyne-second per square centimeter.
- To hang in equilibrium; to be balanced or suspended; hence, to be in suspense or doubt.
- To counterpoise; to counterbalance.
- To be of a given weight; to weigh.
- To add weight to, to weigh down.
- To hold (something) or something else in equilibrium; to balance, counterpose.
- To hold (something) in equilibrium, to hold balanced and ready; to carry (something) ready to be used.
- To keep (something) in equilibrium; to hold suspended or balanced.
- To ascertain, as if by balancing; to weigh.
- A place where votes are cast in elections.
- A girl.
- A drink in Ancient Rome and Greece, made by mixing sour wine or vinegar with water and herbs.
- Firm; determined; fixed.
- A posh person.
- A food product made of cornmeal.
- Something that is posited; a postulate.
- Assume the existence of; to postulate.
- Propose for consideration or study; to suggest.
- Put (something somewhere) firmly.
- Portable Operating System Interface, a set of IEEE standards designed to provide application portability between UNIX variants.
- A children's game, similar to hopscotch, especially popular in New York.
- The puck used in this game, usually made of a flattened tin can.
- A principal area and preserved county of Wales, admin HQ Llandrindod Wells.
- A variety of cryptocrystalline of a leek-green colour.
- A device used to apply pressure to an item.
- A printing machine.
- A collective term for the print-based media (both the people and the newspapers).
- A publisher.
- An enclosed storage space (e.g. closet, cupboard).
- An exercise in which weight is forced away from the body by extension of the arms or legs.
- An additional bet in a golf match that duplicates an existing (usually losing) wager in value, but begins even at the time of the bet.
- Pure, unfermented grape juice.
- A commission to force men into public service, particularly into the navy.
- A crowd.
- to exert weight or force against, to act upon with with force or weight
- to compress, squeeze
- to clasp, hold in an embrace; to hug
- to reduce to a particular shape or form by pressure, especially flatten or smooth
- To flatten a selected area of fabric using an iron with an up-and-down, not sliding, motion, so as to avoid disturbing adjacent areas.
- to drive or thrust by pressure, to force in a certain direction
- to weigh upon, oppress, trouble
- to force to a certain end or result; to urge strongly, impel
- To try to force (something upon someone); to urge or inculcate.
- to hasten, urge onward
- to urge, beseech, entreat
- to lay stress upon, emphasize
- to throng, crowd
- to print
- To force into service, particularly into naval service.
- A polyhedron with parallel ends of the same size and shape, the other faces being parallelogram-shaped sides.
- A transparent block in the shape of a prism (typically with triangular ends), used to split or reflect light.
- A crystal in which the faces are parallel to the vertical axis.
- A prissy person
- To dress or behave in a prissy manner
- A game of chance using four seashells (each called a prop).
- respect for, or recognition of, another person; an expression of approval or a special acknowledgment; accolades; praise.
- Panicum miliaceum, a grass used as a crop.
- Unpoetic (of speech or writing); dull and unimaginative.
- Behaving in a dull way (of a person); boring, tedious.
- To express disgust or contempt.
- A city in Russia, administrative centre of Pskov oblast.
- Either of two muscles, the psoas major and psoas minor involved in flexion of the trunk
- A cutaneous disease, especially the itch.
- of; pubic bones.
- The pubic hair.
- The pubic region.
- the pubic bone; the part of the hipbone forming the front arch of the pelvis
Possible word length