Page 1 from 47
Total results: 48127
- A type of videotape originally developed by the Japan company JVC.
- Having the color of ashes.
- Having dry or dead skin (therefore discolored).
- To strike or push violently; to strike with the horns; butt.
- To fall violently; dash down; move with violence.
- To worry; to bother, annoy.
- A worry; trouble; bother.
- The far-right, especially violent far-right protestors.
- A sudden rapid outflow.
- To flow forth suddenly, in great volume.
- To make an excessive display of enthusiasm or sentiment.
- (of a woman, during orgasm) To ejaculate a clear fluid from the urethra
- A basket made of rushes or flags, as for carrying fish.
- A clasp, especially a metal strap fastened by a padlock or a pin; also, a hook for fastening a door.
- A spindle to wind yarn, thread, or silk on.
- An instrument for cutting the surface of grassland; a scarifier.
- To shut or fasten with a hasp.
- A sibilant sound, such as that made by a snake or escaping steam; an unvoiced fricative.
- An expression of disapproval made using such a sound.
- To make a hissing sound.
- To condemn or express contempt for by hissing.
- To utter with a hissing sound.
- Holidays (time off work or time spent travelling).
- a city in Syria
- A condition of physical attraction toward (for) someone.
- to become quiet
- to make quiet
- To appease; to allay; to soothe.
- A silence, especially after some noise
- A mining method using water
- The thong or braided cord of a whip, with which the blow is given.
- A leash in which an animal is caught or held; hence, a snare.
- A stroke with a whip, or anything pliant and tough.
- A stroke of satire or sarcasm; an expression or retort that cuts or gives pain; a cut.
- A hair growing from the edge of the eyelid; an eyelash.
- In carpet weaving, a group of strings for lifting simultaneously certain yarns, to form the figure.
- In British English, it refers to heavy drinking with friends, (i.e. We were out on the lash last night)
- To strike with a lash; to whip or scourge with a lash, or with something like one.
- To strike forcibly and quickly, as with a lash; to beat, or beat upon, with a motion like that of a lash.
- To throw out with a jerk or quickly.
- To scold; to berate; to satirize; to censure with severity.
- To ply the whip; to strike.
- To utter censure or sarcastic language.
- To fall heavily, especially in the phrase lash down
- To bind with a rope, cord, thong, or chain, so as to fasten.
- Remiss, lax.
- Soft, watery, wet.
- excellent, wonderful
- A structure made of connected strands of metal, fiber, or other flexible/ductile material, with evenly spaced openings between them.
- The opening or space enclosed by the threads of a net between knot and knot, or the threads enclosing such a space.
- The engagement of the teeth of wheels, or of a wheel and rack.
- A measure of fineness (particle size) of ground material. A powder that passes through a sieve having 300 openings per linear inch but does not pass 400 openings per linear inch is said to be -300 +400 mesh.
- A polygon mesh.
- To fit in, to come together.
- To catch in a mesh.
- Soft; tender; sensitive; yielding.
- Delicate; weak; poor-spirited; susceptible to cold weather, harsh conditions etc.
- Soft; friable; crumbly.
- To make soft, tender, or weak.
- To act timidly.
- Food; a light meal or snack.
- To eat a snack or light meal.
- To perform fellatio (on); to blow.
- To throw (or be thrown) and break.
- To snog, to make out, to kiss.
- A passionate kiss.
- A romantic infatuation; a crush.
- The object of a romantic infatuation; a crush.
- Any obsession or passion.
- A crushing blow.
- A heavy fall of rain or snow.
- The head.
- To strike; to crush; to smash; to dash into pieces.
- A sibilant noise (e.g. "psshh") made by birders and ornithologists to attract small birds.
- To try to attract birds by making a sibilant noise (e.g. "psshh").
- To express contempt.
- Of poor quality; very bad.
- To apply a force to (an object) such that it moves away from the person or thing applying the force.
- To continually attempt to persuade (a person) into a particular course of action.
- To press or urge forward; to drive.
- To continually promote (a point of view, a product for sale, etc.).
- To approach; to come close to.
- To tense the muscles in the abdomen in order to expel its contents.
- To continue to attempt to persuade a person into a particular course of action.
- To make a higher bid at an auction.
- To make an all-in bet.
- To move (a pawn) directly forward.
- To add (a data item) to the top of a stack.
- To publish (an update, etc.) by transmitting it to other computers.
- To thrust the points of the horns against; to gore.
- To burst out of its pot, as a bud or shoot.
- To strike the cue ball in such a way that it stays in contact with the cue and object ball at the same time (a foul shot)
- A short, directed application of force; an act of pushing.
- An act of tensing the muscles of the abdomen in order to expel its contents.
- A great effort (to do something).
- An attempt to persuade someone into a particular course of action.
- A marching or drill maneuver/manoeuvre performed by moving a formation (especially a company front) forward or toward the audience, usually to accompany a dramatic climax or crescendo in the music.
- A wager that results in no loss or gain for the bettor as a result of a tie or even score
- The addition of a data item to the top of a stack.
- The situation where a server sends data to a client without waiting for a request, as in server push, push technology.
- A crowd or throng or people
- A foul shot in which the cue ball is in contact with the cue and the object ball at the same time
- A pustule; a pimple.
- A person who belongs to a monotheistic sect of Hinduism; Sadhs' beliefs are similar to those of Quakers
- A piece of designed to be worn around the
- A length of worn over the to the opposite often for or other occasions.
- To adorn with a sash or scarf.
- The opening part (casement) of a window usually containing the glass panes, hinged to the jamb, or sliding up and down as in a sash window.
- A draggable vertical or horizontal bar used to adjust the relative sizes of two adjacent windows.
- In a sawmill, the rectangular frame in which the saw is strained and by which it is carried up and down with a reciprocating motion; the gate.
- A former Hebrew unit of dry volume, about 7.7 or 7 quarts.
- A scab.
- To scratch; to rub.
- To play mean tricks; to act shabbily.
- Any one of several species of food fishes that make up the genus Alosa in the family Clupeidae, to which the herrings also belong;
- Matted material; rough massed hair, fibres etc.
- Coarse shredded tobacco.
- A type of rough carpet pile.
- To make hairy or shaggy; to roughen.
- hairy; shaggy
- Several species of sea birds in the family Phalacrocoracidae (cormorant family), especially the or Phalacrocorax aristotelis, found on European and African coasts.
- To shake, wiggle around.
- To have sexual intercourse with.
- To masturbate.
- To chase after; especially, to chase after and return (a ball) hit usually out of play.
- To perform the dance called the shag.
- A swing dance.
- An act of sexual intercourse.
- A casual sexual partner.
- A fundraising dance in honour of a couple engaged to be married.
- of Chinese origin, a variant of Shi.
- Solid excretory product evacuated from the bowels; feces.
- (the shits) diarrhea.
- An instance of defecation.
- Rubbish; worthless matter.
- Stuff, things.
- (the shit) The best of its kind.
- Nonsense; bullshit.
- A nasty, despicable person, used particularly of men.
- (in negations) Anything.
- A problem or difficult situation.
- A strong rebuke.
- any recreational drug, usually cannabis.
- Of poor quality; worthless.
- Nasty; despicable.
- Resembling the color of
- To defecate.
- To excrete (something) through the anus.
- To fool or try to fool someone; to be deceitful.
- To annoy.
- Wearing shoes.
- Having tires equipped.
- jolt, shake
- to jolt or shake
- to depart, frequently with "off"
- To induce someone or something to leave.
- To leave under inducement.
- To usher someone.
- An establishment that sells goods or services to the public; originally only a physical location, but now a virtual establishment as well.
- A place where things are manufactured or crafted; a workshop.
- A large garage where vehicle mechanics work.
- Workplace; office. Used mainly in expressions such as shop talk, closed shop and shop floor.
- A variety of classes taught in junior or senior high school that teach vocational skill.
- An establishment where a barber or beautician works.
- An act of shopping, especially routine shopping for food and other domestic supplies.
- Discussion of business or professional affairs.
- To visit stores or shops to browse or explore merchandise, especially with the intention of buying such merchandise.
- To purchase products from (a range or catalogue, etc.).
- To report the criminal activities or whereabouts of someone to an authority.
- Shorthand for photoshop; to digitally edit a picture or photograph.
- A Turkic ethnic group living in Mountain Shoria, a southern part of Kemerovo oblast in Russia.
- The language spoken by this people.
- Worn out or broken.
- Woven from warp and weft strands of different colours, resulting in an iridescent appearance.
- Tired, weary.
- Discharged, cleared, or rid of something.
- The result of launching a projectile or bullet.
- The act of launching a ball or similar object toward a goal.
- The heavy iron ball used for the shot put.
- Small metal balls used as ammunition.
- Metal balls (or similar) used as ammunition; not necessarily small.
- Someone who shoots (a gun) regularly
- An opportunity or attempt.
- A remark or comment, especially one which is critical or insulting.
- A punch or other physical blow.
- A measure of alcohol, usually spirits, as taken either from a shot-glass or directly from the bottle, equivalent to about 44 milliliters; 1.5 ounces. ("pony shot"= 30 milliliters; 1 fluid ounce)
- A single serving of espresso.
- A single unbroken sequence of photographic film exposures, or the digital equivalent; an unedited sequence of frames.
- A vaccination or injection.
- A home run that scores one, two, or three runs (a four run home run is usually referred to as a grand slam).
- Written documentation of a behavior infraction.
- A cast of one or more nets.
- A place or spot for setting nets.
- A single draft or catch of fish made.
- To load (a gun) with shot.
- A charge to be paid, a scot or shout.
- To close, to stop from being open.
- To close, to stop being open.
- To close a business temporarily, or (of a business) to be closed.
- To preclude; to exclude; to bar out.
- The act or time of shutting; close.
- A door or cover; a shutter.
- The line or place where two pieces of metal are welded together.
- A narrow alley or passage acting as a short cut through the buildings between two streets.
- A deep, prolonged audible inhale and exhale of breath; as when fatigued, frustrated, grieved, or relieved; the act of sighing.
- Figuratively, a manifestation of grief; a lament.
- A person who is bored.
- To inhale a larger quantity of air than usual, and immediately expel it; to make a deep single audible respiration, especially as the result or involuntary expression of fatigue, exhaustion, grief, sorrow, frustration, or the like.
- To lament; to grieve.
- To utter sighs over; to lament or mourn over.
- To experience an emotion associated with sighing.
- To make a sound like sighing.
- To exhale (the breath) in sighs.
- To express by sighs; to utter in or with sighs.
- co-op (short for "association" store).
- of; definition
- A tusk.
- A small tusk sometimes found on the female Indian elephant.
- The buttocks
- Nonsense; tosh.
- To pull or drag a heavy object such as a tree or log.
- a desire, hope, or longing for something or for something to happen
- an expression of such a desire etc.
- the process of expressing or thinking about such a desire etc. (often connected with ideas of magic and supernatural power(s)
- the thing desired or longed for
- a water meadow.
- To desire; to want.
- To hope (for a particular outcome).
- To bestow (a thought or gesture) towards (someone or something).
- To request or desire to do an activity.
- To recommend; to seek confidence or favour on behalf of.
- To make ashamed; to embarrass; to destroy the self-possession of, as by exciting suddenly a consciousness of guilt, mistake, or inferiority; to disconcert; to discomfit.
- To lose self-possession; to become ashamed.
- In a gushing state.
- Resembling or characteristic of ale.
- Resembling or characteristic of an ape.
- An early Welsh bishop and saint
- A large, shallow, oval dish used for serving food.
- the head of the Assyrian pantheon, later identified with Anshar
- the city of Assur
- a common given name among Assyrian people
- grandson of Noah in Genesis
- one of the Gigantes
- A peninsula in Greece containing Mount Athos
- Washed by the waves or tide; said of a rock or strip of shore, or of an anchor, etc., when flush with the surface of the water, so that the waves break over it.
- Covered, overspread.
- An enclosed public swimming pool; originally a place having individual cubicles where people without bathrooms could have a bath.
- A feeling of boredom and no motivation; depression.
- An act of blushing.
- A glow; a flush of colour.
- Feeling or appearance of optimism.
- A sort of makeup, frequently a powder, used to redden the cheeks.
- A color between pink and cream.
- A pale pink wine made by removing the dark grape skins at the required point during fermentation.
- To become red in the face due to shyness, shame, excitement, or embarrassment.
- To become red.
- To suffuse with a blush; to redden; to make roseate.
- To change skin color in the face (to a particular shade).
- To express or make known by blushing.
- To have a warm and delicate colour, like some roses and other flowers.
- The collective noun for a group of boys.
- impetuous or rash
- insensitive or tactless
- impudent or shameless
- A rash or eruption; a sudden or transient fit of sickness.
- brittle, as wood or vegetables
- Leaf litter of small leaves and little twigs as found under a hedge.
- Broken and angular rock fragments underlying alluvial deposits.
- Broken fragments of ice.
- An implement consisting of multiple more or less flexible bristles or other filaments attached to a handle, used for any of various purposes including cleaning, painting, and arranging hair.
- A piece of conductive material, usually carbon, serving to maintain electrical contact between the stationary and rotating parts of a machine.
- The act of brushing something.
- Wild vegetation, generally larger than grass but smaller than trees (Wikipedia).
- A short and sometimes occasional encounter or experience.
- The furry tail of an animal, especially of a fox.
- A tuft of hair on the mandibles.
- A short contest, or trial, of speed.
- An instrument, resembling a brush, used to produce a soft sound from drums or cymbals.
- An on-screen tool for "painting" a particular colour or texture.
- In 3D video games, a convex polyhedron, especially one that defines structure of the play area.
- The floorperson of a poker room, usually in a casino.
- (North Wisconsin, uncountable) Evergreen boughs, especially balsam, locally cut and baled for export, usually for use in wreathmaking.
- To clean with a brush.
- To untangle or arrange with a brush.
- To apply with a brush.
- To remove with a sweeping motion.
- To touch with a sweeping motion, or lightly in passing.
- To clean one's teeth by brushing them.
- Like a bush in having many widely spread branches.
- Growing thickly.
- (Racial slur) Derogatory word used to refer to Afro-textured Hair.
- A deep, steep-sided rift, gap or fissure; a gorge or abyss.
- A large difference of opinion.
- singular of, i.e. nonstandard version of chews.
- A board game for two players with each beginning with sixteen chess pieces moving according to fixed rules across a chessboard with the objective to checkmate the opposing king.
- Any of several species of grass in the genus Bromus, generally considered weeds.
- One of the platforms, consisting of two or more planks dowelled together, for the flooring of a temporary military bridge.
- A box, now usually a large strong box with a secure convex lid.
- A coffin.
- The place in which public money is kept; a treasury.
- A chest of drawers.
- The portion of the front of the human body from the base of the neck to the top of the abdomen; the thorax. Also the analogous area in other animals.
- A hit or blow made with one's chest.
- To hit with one's chest (front of one's body)
- To deposit in a chest.
- To place in a coffin.
- Debate; quarrel; strife; enmity.
- Jaws, mouth.
- One's skill at musical interpretation and delivery (originally of jazz); musical performance ability.
- One's skill at any endeavor; ability, talent.
- The area where two tides meet and cause an irregular (choppy) sea.
- A pattern that involves carrying the object with the hand over the next object before throwing it.
- To talk, chat; also, to talk back, to be cheeky.
- A squat, rounded form of oenochoe with a trefoil mouth.
- A diminutive of the male given names Christopher and, less commonly, of Christian.
- A diminutive of the female name Christina and of its variant forms.
- A loud sound.
- A skirmish, a hostile encounter.
- a match; a game between two sides.
- An angry argument
- Opposition; contradiction; such as between differing or contending interests, views, purposes etc.
- A combination of garments that do not look good together, especially because of conflicting colours.
- An instance of restarting the game after a "dead ball", where it is dropped between two opposing players, who can fight for possession.
- to make a loud clash
- to come into violent conflict
- to argue angrily
- to not look good together.
- to coincide, to happen at the same time, thereby rendering it impossible to attend all.
- to face each other in an important game.
- The game of ninepins.
- A disease in the feet of cattle; laminitis.
- An automobile, airplane, or other vehicle accident.
- A computer malfunction that is caused by faulty software, and makes the system either partially or totally inoperable.
- A loud sound as made for example by cymbals.
- A sudden large decline of business or the prices of stocks (especially one that causes additional failures)
- A comedown of a drug.
- A group of rhinoceroses.
- quick, fast, intensive, impromptu
- To collide with something destructively, fall or come down violently.
- To severely damage or destroy something by causing it to collide with something else.
- (via gatecrash) To attend a social event without invitation, usually with unfavorable intentions.
- To accelerate a project or a task or its schedule by devoting more resources to it.
- To make or experience informal temporary living arrangements.
- To give, as a favor.
- To lie down for a long rest, sleep or nap, as from tiredness or exhaustion.
- To terminate extraordinarily.
- To cause to terminate extraordinarily.
- To experience a period of depression and/or lethargy after a period of euphoria, as after the euphoric effect of a psychotropic drug has dissipated.
- To hit or strike with force
- Plain linen.
- A violent collision or compression; a crash; destruction; ruin.
- Violent pressure, as of a moving crowd.
- Crowd which produces uncomfortable pressure.
- A violent crowding
- A crowd control barrier
- An infatuation or affection for.
- The human object of such infatuation or affection.
- A standing stock or cage with movable sides used to restrain livestock for safe handling
- A party, festive function
- The process of crushing cane to remove the raw sugar, or the season that this process takes place in.
- To press or bruise between two hard bodies; to squeeze, so as to destroy the natural shape or integrity of the parts, or to force together into a mass.
- To reduce to fine particles by pounding or grinding; to comminute.
- To overwhelm by pressure or weight; to beat or force down, as by an incumbent weight.
- To oppress or burden grievously.
- To overcome completely; to subdue totally.
- To be or become broken down or in, or pressed into a smaller compass, by external weight or force
- To feel infatuation with or unrequited love for.
- to defeat emphatically
- defensive armour for the thighs
- Easy, making few demands, comfortable.
- Comfortable; often in a way that will suit a person's body.
- Calculated to arrest attention; ostentatiously fashionable; showy.
- To remove the ash from.
- attractive; good-looking; sexy
- a town in northern Surrey, England.
- The character or fundamental values of a person, people, culture, or movement.
- A form of rhetoric in which the writer or speaker invokes their authority, competence or expertise in an attempt to persuade others that their view is correct.
- The traits in a work of art which express the ideal or typic character, as influenced by the ethos (character or fundamental values) of a people, rather than realistic or emotional situations or individual character in a narrow sense; opposed to
- Of, from, or similar to fish.
- Suspicious; inspiring doubt.
- Of drag queens: appearing feminine.
- The soft tissue of the body, especially muscle and fat.
- The skin of a human or animal.
- Bare arms, bare legs, bare torso.
- Animal tissue regarded as food; meat.
- The human body as a physical entity.
- The mortal body of a human being, contrasted with the spirit or soul.
- The evil and corrupting principle working in man.
- The soft, often edible, parts of fruits or vegetables.
- Tenderness of feeling; gentleness.
- Kindred; stock; race.
- A yellowish pink colour; the colour of some Caucasian human skin.
- To bury (something, especially a weapon) in flesh.
- To inure or habituate someone or a given practice.
- To put flesh on; to fatten.
- To add details.
- To remove the flesh from the skin during the making of leather.
- A hopper-shaped box in which ore is placed to be stamped.
- A group of birds that have suddenly started up from undergrowth, trees etc.
- To cause to take flight from concealment.
- To take suddenly to flight, especially from cover.
- Smooth, even, aligned; not sticking out.
- Wealthy or well off.
- Short for flush left and right; a body of text aligned with both its left and right margins.
- Full of vigour; fresh; glowing; bright.
- Affluent; abounding; well furnished or suppled; hence, liberal; prodigal.
- A sudden flowing; a rush which fills or overflows, as of water for cleansing purposes.
- Particularly, such a cleansing of a toilet.
- A suffusion of the face with blood, as from fear, shame, modesty, or intensity of feeling of any kind; a blush; a glow.
- Any tinge of red colour like that produced on the cheeks by a sudden rush of blood.
- A sudden flood or rush of feeling; a thrill of excitement, animation, etc.
- To cleanse by flooding with generous quantities of a fluid.
- Particularly, to cleanse a toilet by introducing a large amount of water.
- To become suffused with reddish color due to embarrassment, excitement, overheating, or other systemic disturbance, to blush.
- To cause to blush.
- To cause to be full; to flood; to overflow; to overwhelm with water.
- To excite, inflame.
- To be cleansed by being flooded with generous quantities of water.
- To clear (a buffer) of its contents.
- To flow and spread suddenly; to rush.
- To show red; to shine suddenly; to glow.
- To fill in (joints); to point the level; to make them flush.
- To operate a placer mine, where the continuous supply of water is insufficient, by holding back the water, and releasing it periodically in a flood.
- To fill underground spaces, especially in coal mines, with material carried by water, which, after drainage, constitutes a compact mass.
- A hand consisting of all cards with the same suit.
- Newly produced or obtained.
- Not cooked, dried, frozen, or spoiled.
- Still green and not dried.
- Refreshing or cool.
- Without salt; not saline.
- Rested; not tired or fatigued.
- In a raw or untried state; uncultured; unpracticed.
- youthful; florid
- recently; just recently; most recently
- A rush of water, along a river or onto the land; a flood.
- A stream or spring of fresh water.
- The mingling of fresh water with salt in rivers or bays, as by means of a flood of fresh water flowing toward or into the sea.
- Rude, cheeky, or inappropriate; presumptuous; disrespectful; forward.
- Sexually aggressive or forward; prone to caress too eagerly; overly flirtatious.
- A frog.
- A first year student, at certain universities.
- To initiate academic freshmen, notably in a testing way.
- To damage through incompetence.
- To break up, smash.
- To charge, rush violently.
- To straighten up (the feathers on an arrow).
- Easily broken; brittle; crisp.
- noise; clatter; crash
- The frog of a horse's foot.
- A discharge of a foetid or ichorous matter from the frog of a horse's foot; thrush.
- Having a ghastly appearance; weird.
- An evil spirit or monster; a ghoul.
- The spirit; the soul of man.
- The disembodied soul; the soul or spirit of a deceased person; a spirit appearing after death; an apparition; a specter.
- Any faint shadowy semblance; an unsubstantial image; a phantom; a glimmering.
- A false image formed in a telescope, camera, or other optical device by reflection from the surfaces of one or more lenses.
- An unwanted image similar to and overlapping or adjacent to the main one on a television screen, caused by the transmitted image being received both directly and via reflection.
- A ghostwriter.
- An unresponsive user on IRC, resulting from the user's client disconnecting without notifying the server.
- An image of a file or hard disk.
- An understudy.
- A covert (and deniable) agent.
- The faint image that remains after an attempt to remove graffiti.
- An opponent in a racing game that follows a previously recorded route, allowing players to compete against previous best times.
- A dead person whose identity is stolen by another. See
- White or
- Transparent or
- The of.
- Perceived or listed but not
- Of or nature.
- To haunt; to appear to in the form of an apparition.
- To die; to expire.
- To ghostwrite.
- To sail seemingly without wind.
- To copy a file or hard drive image.
- To gray out (a visual item) to indicate that it is unavailable.
- To forcibly disconnect an IRC user who is using one's reserved nickname.
- To appear without warning; To move quickly and quietly; to slip.
- to kill
- to break up with someone without warning or explanation (see ghosting)
- To grind (one's teeth) in pain or in anger.
- To grind between the teeth.
- To run away
- gushing; effusive and often emotional
- Resembling marijuana in taste or smell.
- Slovenly; careless.
- A follower of Hasidism.
- singular of: has to; is required to.
- A hand gesture used to depict the meaning of a song
- Speed; swiftness; dispatch.
- Urgency; sudden excitement of feeling or passion; precipitance; vehemence.
- To urge onward; to hasten.
- To move with haste.
- Acting in haste; being too hurried or quick.
- The part of the bow containing the hawseholes.
- A hawsehole or hawsepipe.
- The horizontal distance or area between an anchored vessel's bows and the actual position of her anchor(s).
- A position relative to the course and position of a vessel, somewhat forward of the stem.
- Said of a vessel lying to two anchors, streamed from either bow.
- A town in Virginia.
- A former realm and modern state of Germany.
- pertaining to the Higgs mechanism/Higgs force
- Short form of Higgs boson.
- a fish in the herring family, and a popular food fish in South Asia.
- Accompanied with hisses.
- Making a hissing sound.
- Childish or petulant.
- A tantrum, a fit.
- Itchy, swollen, red areas of the skin which can appear quickly in response to an allergen or due to other conditions.
- A city in New Mexico
- To play a trick on; hoax; cheat.
- To stupefy with drugged liquor.
- To adulterate; to drug (liquor).
- One who cheats or deceives.
- drugged liquor
- to hoist
- to hoist, be raised
- A stew made from pemmican or other meat, thickened with biscuit.
- Of or relating to horses.
- Of a person or people, involved in breeding or riding horses.
- Of a graphic design or typographical treatment which is clumsy, clunky, or unrefined.
- A child's term or name for a horse.
- A game where a child rides on the back of another, who is on all fours.
- A book of the Old Testament of the Bible.
- A Biblical prophet.
- Ruined, messed up.
- The portion of the head of a golf club to which the shaft of the club attaches.
- (slang) A semester, in the context of a course of study which should be enjoyable as opposed to required work.
- A saddlecloth; a housing.
- the "counties" of imperial, republican, and communist China.
- A crotchety or surly person; also, a stingy man, a miser.
- The coarse part of flax or hemp; hards.
- A housewife or housekeeper.
- A cheeky or disrespectful girl; a woman showing inappropriate or improper behavior; a minx.
- A case or bag for needles, thread, etc.
- The Goidelic language indigenous to Ireland, also known as Irish Gaelic.
- The Irish people.
- A board game of the tables family.
- Temper; anger, passion.
- whiskey, or whisky, elaborated in Ireland.
- Pertaining to or originating from Ireland or the Irish people.
- Pertaining to the Irish language.
- nonsensical, daft or complex.
- One of the aspects of the god Shiva.
- name, a variant of Isaiah.
- A porridge made from boiled buckwheat groats, or sometimes from other cereal groats.
- A member of an Indian tribe, the majority of whom live in Meghalaya.
- The Austro-Asiatic language of the Khasi people.
- An Eastern European Jewish, or Yiddish, snack food consisting of a dumpling covered with a shell of baked or fried dough
- Any of five sheaths that are thought to cover the Atman, or True Self, according to Vedantic philosophy.
- A particular type of Sanskrit dictionary.
- A strap, cord or rope with which to restrain an animal, often a dog.
- A brace and a half; a tierce.
- A set of three; three creatures of any kind, especially greyhounds, foxes, bucks, and hares; hence, the number three in general.
- A string with a loop at the end for lifting warp threads, in a loom.
- A leg rope.
- To fasten or secure with a leash.
- to curb, restrain
- Capital of Xizang (Tibet) Autonomous Region of the People’s Republic of China.
- Produced by crushing or bruising; resembling, or consisting of, a mash.
- especially when defined as a school subject.
- Formed with meshes; netted.
- Short form of methylated spirits.
- Resembling or having the consistency of mush; semiliquid, pasty, or granular.
- Soft; squishy.
- Overly sappy, corny, or cheesy.
- A time during which male elephants exhibit increased levels of sexual activity and aggressiveness and often secrete leaking temporin from the sides of their heads.
- Military national service, conscription.
- A person doing military national service.
- The perennial herb whose stem yields ammoniacum.
- An apparition; a phantom.
- A small pool of standing water; a puddle.
- A splash, or the sound made by a splash.
- To splash.
- To cause a splash.
- To splash or sprinkle with colouring matter.
- The branch of a tree partly cut or bent, and bound to, or intertwined with, other branches.
- To cut partly, or to bend and intertwine the branches of.
- Very extravagant.
- Very expensive, or appearing expensive.
- Having a soft, fluffy exterior.
- A textile fabric with a nap or shag on one side, longer and softer than the nap of velvet.
- A plush toy.
- A posh person.
- A food product made of cornmeal.
- To express disgust or contempt.
- Aggressively ambitious; overly assertive, bold or determined.
- To defeat forcibly.
- To crush or dash to pieces.
- To void or suppress (a subpoena, decision, etc.).
- A monetary unit in Saudi Arabia equivalent to a twentieth of a rial.
- a medieval Rabbi from Troyes, known for his commentary on the Hebrew Bible and
- Rashi's commentary on the Hebrew Bible or Talmud.
- A semicursive typeface for the Hebrew alphabet, customarily used for printing Rashi's commentaries.
- a single piece of Rashi's commentary on the Hebrew Bible or Talmud
- abounding in rushes
- having the characteristics of a rush (the plant); rushlike
- Characterised by rushing; hurried; fast-paced
- formerly, a term of respect for a white European in colonial India
- A blue star in the constellation Orion; Kappa (κ) Orionis.
- A formerly seminomadic Siberian people who speak a Turkic language.
- The Sakha Republic, also known as Yakutia.
- The wife of Abraham and mother of Isaac in the Bible.
- A kind of borscht made with sorrel (or occasionally lemongrass)
- A stupid or obnoxious person.
- Darkness where light, particularly sunlight, is blocked.
- Something that blocks light, particularly in a window.
- A variety of a colour/color, in particular one obtained by adding black (compare tint).
- A subtle variation in a concept.
- An aspect that is reminiscent of something.
- A very small degree of a quantity, or variety of meaning
- A ghost.
- A creature that is partially human and partially angel.
- A postage stamp showing an obvious difference in colour/color to the original printing and needing a separate catalogue/catalog entry.
- Subtle insults.
- To shield from light.
- To alter slightly.
- To vary or approach something slightly, particularly in color.
- To move slightly from one's normal fielding position.
- To darken, particularly in drawing.
- To surpass by a narrow margin.
- To shelter; to cover from injury; to protect; to screen.
- To present a shadow or image of; to shadow forth; to represent.
- The entire body of a long weapon, such as an arrow.
- The long, narrow, central body of a spear, arrow, or javelin.
- Anything cast or thrown as a spear or javelin.
- Any long thin object, such as the handle of a tool, one of the poles between which an animal is harnessed to a vehicle, the driveshaft of a motorized vehicle with rear-wheel drive, an axle, etc.
- A beam or ray of light.
- The main axis of a feather.
- The long narrow body of a lacrosse stick.
- A long, narrow passage sunk into the earth, either natural or for artificial.
- A vertical passage housing a lift or elevator; a liftshaft.
- A ventilation or heating conduit; an air duct.
- Any column or pillar, particularly the body of a column between its capital and pediment.
- The main cylindrical part of the penis.
- The chamber of a blast furnace.
- To fuck over; to cause harm to, especially through deceit or treachery.
- To equip with a shaft.
- To fuck; to have sexual intercourse with.
- A former currency unit of Iran, worth one twentieth of a qiran.
- A greeting gesture in which the thumb and little finger are extended while curling the three middle fingers in a semi-fist. Used to express a variety of positive meanings including "all right", "hello" and "goodbye".
- A stiff, cylindrical military dress hat with a metal plate in front, a short visor, and a plume.
- A bearskin or busby.
- The squilla or mantis shrimp.
- The Japanese foot, a traditional Japanese unit of length equal to 10 sun or 1/10 of a jō, now standardized as equal to 10/33 of a meter.
- Shaking or trembling.
- Nervous; Anxious.
- Full of shakes or cracks; cracked.
- Easily shaken; tottering; unsound.
- To owe.
- Pertaining to or resembling shale.
- an ancient dynasty in China
- The part of the leg between the knee and the ankle.
- Meat from that part of an animal.
- A redshank or greenshank, various species of Old World wading birds in the genus Tringa having distinctly colored legs.
- A straight, narrow part of an object, such as a key or an anchor; shaft; stem.
- The handle of a pair of shears, connecting the ride to the neck.
- The center part of a fishhook between the eye and the hook, the 'hook' being the curved part that bends toward the point.
- A protruding part of an object, by which it is or can be attached.
- The metal part on a curb bit that falls below the mouthpiece, which length controls the severity of the leverage action of the bit, and to which the reins of the bridle are attached.
- A poorly played golf shot in which the ball is struck by the part of the club head that connects to the shaft.
- An improvised stabbing weapon; a shiv.
- A loop forming an eye to a button.
- The space between two channels of the Doric triglyph.
- A large ladle for molten metal, fitted with long bars for handling it.
- The body of a type; between the shoulder and the foot.
- The part of the sole beneath the instep connecting the broader front part with the heel.
- Flat-nosed pliers, used by opticians for nipping off the edges of pieces of glass to make them round.
- The end or remainder, particularly of a period of time.
- The main part or beginning of a period of time.
- To travel on foot.
- To stab, especially with an improvised blade.
- To remove another's trousers, especially in jest; to depants.
- To hit or kick the ball in an unintended direction.
- To fall off, as a leaf, flower, or capsule, on account of disease affecting the supporting footstalk; usually followed by
- A drink, usually a pint.
- A shack or shanty.
- A piece of broken glass or pottery, especially one found in an archaeological dig.
- A piece of material, especially rock and similar materials, reminding of a broken piece of glass or pottery.
- A tough scale, sheath, or shell; especially an elytron of a beetle.
- An instance of an MMORPG that is one of several independent and structurally identical virtual worlds, none of which has so many players as to exhaust a system's resources.
- A component of a sharded distributed database.
- crystal methamphetamine
- To fall apart into shards, usually as the result of impact or explosion.
- To break (something) into shards.
- To divide (an MMORPG) into several shards, or to establish a shard of one.
- The plant chard.
- name, variant of Sherry or a pet form of Sharon.
- A scaleless, predatory fish of the superorder Selachimorpha, with a cartilaginous skeleton and 5 to 7 gill slits on each side of its head.
- To fish for sharks.
- Someone who exploits others, for example by trickery, lies, usury, extortion.
- A sleazy and amoral lawyer; an ambulance chaser.
- A relentless and resolute person or group, especially in business.
- A very good poker or pool player. Compare fish (a bad poker player).
- A person who feigns ineptitude to win money from others.
- To steal or obtain through fraud.
- To play the petty thief; to practice fraud or trickery; to swindle.
- To live by shifts and stratagems.
- To pick or gather indiscriminately or covertly.
- The dung or manure of cattle.
- To make bald by using a tool such as a razor or pair of electric clippers to cut the hair close to the skin.
- To cut anything in this fashion.
- To remove hair from one's face by this means.
- To cut finely, as with slices of meat.
- To skim along or near the surface of; to pass close to, or touch lightly, in passing.
- To be hard and severe in a bargain with; to practice extortion on; to cheat.
- To buy (a note) at a discount greater than the legal rate of interest, or to deduct in discounting it more than the legal rate allows.
- An instance of shaving.
- A thin slice; a shaving.
- An exorbitant discount on a note.
- A premium paid for an extension of the time of delivery or payment, or for the right to vary a stock contract in any particular.
- A hand tool consisting of a sharp blade with a handle at each end; a spokeshave.
- A square or rectangular piece of cloth worn as a covering for the head, neck, and shoulders.
- To wrap in a shawl.
- A mediaeval double-reed wind instrument with a conical wooden body.
- name, popular in the US in the 1970s.
- name, transferred from the male name.
- stalks or leaves of root vegetables.
- A quantity of the stalks and ears of wheat, rye, or other grain, bound together; a bundle of grain or straw.
- Any collection of things bound together; a bundle.
- A bundle of arrows sufficient to fill a quiver, or the allowance of each archer.
- A quantity of arrows, usually twenty-four.
- A sheave.
- An abstract construct in topology that associates data to the open sets of a topological space, together with well-defined restrictions from larger to smaller open sets, subject to the condition that compatible data on overlapping open sets corresponds, via the restrictions, to a unique datum on the union of the open sets.
- To gather and bind into a sheaf; to make into sheaves
- To collect and bind cut grain, or the like; to make sheaves.
- A shell or pod.
- A shieling
- To shell (remove husks, shells etc)
- To shelter under a shieling
- An ancient kingdom in Arabia or possibly in Africa.
- The 34th sura (chapter) of the Qur'an.
- A woolly ruminant of the genus Ovis.
- A timid, shy person who is easily led by others.
- The leader of an Arab village, family or small tribe.
- An Islamic religious cleric; the leader of an Islamic religious order.
- A romantic lover.
- An Arab, especially one dressed in traditional clothing.
- variegated; spotted; speckled; piebald
- A flat, rigid structure, fixed at right angles to a wall or forming a part of a cabinet, desk etc., and used to support, store or display objects.
- The capacity of such an object
- A projecting ledge that resembles such an object.
- A reef, shoal or sandbar.
- One of the three seasons of Ancient Egypt; Low Water.
- To disgrace or put to shame.
- To blame.
- To destroy, to spoil.
- name, variant of Sherry.
- A shepherd's hut or shieling.
- A cottage.
- A person paid to endorse a product favourably, while pretending to be impartial.
- An accomplice at a confidence trick during an auction or gambling game.
- A house player in a casino.
- To promote or endorse in return for payment, especially dishonestly.
- To put under cover; to sheal.
- To shell.
- Reflecting light.
- Emitting light.
- Excellent; remarkable.
- Bright; luminous; clear; unclouded.
- Anything shiny; a trinket.
- Contraction of disparaging term "shiny arses", originating during World War Two, to describe a desk worker.
- A lake in Russia,
- A local government area in Nigeria.
- To avoid, especially a duty, responsibility, etc.; to stay away from.
- To evade an obligation; to avoid the performance of duty, as by running away.
- To procure by petty fraud and trickery; to obtain by mean solicitation.
- one who shirks
- the unforgivable sin of idolatry
- To make gathers in textiles by drawing together parallel threads.
- To bake (a raw egg removed from its shell) in a baking dish.
- A shirring.
- An article of clothing that is worn on the upper part of the body, and often has sleeves, either long or short, that cover the arms.
- a member of the shirt-wearing team.
- To cover or clothe with a shirt, or as if with a shirt.
- diarrhea (diarrhoea).
Possible word length