Page 1 from 30
Total results: 30809
- Blue stellar object: a radio-quiet quasar.
- British school overseas.
- Bicycle-shaped object: a cheap inferior bicycle.
- bright shiny object
- of, health effects experienced by building occupants that appear to be linked to time spent in a building.
- Special Broadcasting Service (AU)
- of, an elite unit of the British Royal Marines, similar to the SAS but operating in a naval environment.
- of, a regiment in the British Army.
- To reserve for oneself.
- Dark circles under the eyes, caused by lack of sleep, drug addiction etc.
- Eyeglasses or spectacles.
- A thicket; a small wood.
- Crowded with business or activities; having a great deal going on.
- Engaged in activity or by someone else.
- Having a lot going on; complicated or intricate.
- Officious; meddling.
- To make somebody busy, to keep busy with, to occupy, to make occupied.
- To rush somebody.
- A police officer.
- A type of men's long underwear.
- an image board post venerated for its number that ends in a repeated number
- The internal organs of certain computer game characters after being splattered to death.
- A single-serving package of crackers, usually filled with peanut butter. Snack crackers.
- An important or self-important person.
- a jack turned up by the dealer. (see also nob)
- Pieces of bread soaked in hot milk used as a comfort food for children during illness
- An incrustation over a sore, wound, vesicle, or pustule, formed during healing.
- The scabies.
- The mange, especially when it appears on sheep.
- Any of several different diseases of potatoes producing pits and other damage on their surface, caused by streptomyces bacteria (but formerly believed to be caused by a fungus).
- Common scab, a relatively harmless variety of scab (potato disease) caused by
- Any one of various more or less destructive fungal diseases that attack cultivated plants, forming dark-colored crustlike spots.
- A slight irregular protuberance which defaces the surface of a casting, caused by the breaking away of a part of the mold.
- A mean, dirty, paltry fellow.
- A worker who acts against trade union policies, especially a strikebreaker.
- To become covered by a scab or scabs.
- To form into scabs and be shed, as damaged or diseased skin.
- To remove part of a surface (from).
- To act as a strikebreaker.
- To beg (for), to cadge or bum.
- A scab.
- To scratch; to rub.
- To play mean tricks; to act shabbily.
- A large, flat piece of solid material; a solid object that is large and flat.
- A paving stone; a flagstone.
- A carton containing twenty-four cans of beer.
- An outside piece taken from a log or timber when sawing it into boards, planks, etc.
- A bird, the wryneck.
- The slack part of a sail.
- A large, luxury pre-1980 General Motors vehicle, particularly a Buick, Oldsmobile or Cadillac.
- A very large wave.
- A sequence of 12 adjacent bits, serving as a byte in some computers.
- Part of a tectonic plate that is being subducted.
- To make something into a slab.
- Mud, sludge.
- Thick; viscous.
- A car that has been modified with equipment such as loudspeakers, lights, special paint, hydraulics, and any other accessories that add to the style of the vehicle.
- A lazy and slovenly person.
- A lazy, obese person.
- To check; to reprimand.
- A latch or fastening for a door, window etc.
- A reprimand; a snub.
- To latch (a door, window etc.).
- Conspicuously short.
- Derived from a simpler polyhedron by the addition of extra triangular faces.
- A deliberate affront or slight.
- A sudden checking of a cable or rope.
- A knot; a protuberance; a snag.
- To slight, ignore or behave coldly toward someone.
- To turn down; to dismiss.
- To stub out (a cigarette etc).
- To halt the movement of a rope etc by turning it about a cleat or bollard etc; to secure a vessel in this manner.
- To clip or break off the end of; to check or stunt the growth of.
- To sob with convulsions.
- A stick, twig or peg, especially in roofing or matting.
- Regional variant of stab.
- To roof with stob-thatch, to make mats with a stob tool.
- Something blunted, stunted, or cut short, such as stubble or a stump.
- A piece of certain paper items, designed to be torn off and kept for record or identification purposes.
- A placeholder procedure that has the signature of the planned procedure but does not yet implement the intended behavior. (, , ).
- A procedure that translates requests from external systems into a format suitable for processing and then submits those requests for processing. (, , )
- A page providing only minimal information and intended for later development.
- The remaining part of the docked tail of a dog
- An unequal first or last interest calculation period, as a part of a financial swap contract
- A log; a block; a blockhead.
- A pen with a short, blunt nib.
- A stub nail; an old horseshoe nail; also, stub iron.
- The smallest remainder of a smoked cigarette; a butt.
- To remove most of a tree, bush, or other rooted plant by cutting it close to the ground.
- To remove a plant by pulling it out by the roots.
- To jam, hit, or bump, especially a toe.
- A small piece of soft, absorbent material, such as gauze, used to clean wounds, apply medicine, or take samples of body fluids. Often attached to a stick or wire to aid access.
- A sample taken with a swab
- A piece of material used for cleaning or sampling other items like musical instruments or guns.
- A mop, especially on a ship.
- A sailor; a swabby.
- To use a swab on something, or clean something with a swab.
- A walled city in Ancient Rome.
- To lower physically or depress; to stoop; to throw or cast down
- To lower, as in rank, office, condition in life, so as to hurt feelings or cause pain; to depress; to humiliate; to humble; to degrade.
- To lower in value, in particular as altering the content of alloys in coins.
- To make ashamed; to embarrass; to destroy the self-possession of, as by exciting suddenly a consciousness of guilt, mistake, or inferiority; to disconcert; to discomfit.
- To lose self-possession; to become ashamed.
- in the sunshine; basking.
- ABC; alphabet.
- Absey book; abecedary.
- An alphabetical acrostic list.
- Hell; the infernal pit; the great deep; the primal chaos.
- An abyss; a gulf, a chasm, a very deep hole.
- (treated as a singular noun; plural babes) Alternative form of babe used as a term of endearment to a loved one.
- The perch; any of various marine and freshwater fish resembling the perch.
- The perineum of a man.
- basic, elementary; relating to, or forming, the base, or point of origin
- associated with the base of an organism or structure
- a minimal level that is necessary, such as a minimum dose of a drug
- In a phylogenetic tree, being a group, or member of a group, which diverged earlier. The earliest clade to branch in a larger clade.
- base, bottom, minimum
- Any basal structure or part
- Founded on; having a basis; often used in combining forms.
- Not caring what others think about his or her personality, style, or behavior; focused on maintaining individuality.
- Being derived from (usually followed by on or upon).
- Having a base
- Having a base of operations.
- A city in Switzerland.
- A city in Switzerland; spelling of
- A city and port in southeast Iraq.
- Describing the reproduction of sound that overemphasizes low-frequency sounds
- An enclosed public swimming pool; originally a place having individual cubicles where people without bathrooms could have a bath.
- pills; drugs in pill form
- A condition of bubbles in the blood which sometimes occurs during ascent.
- The thickest and strongest planks in a wooden ship's side, wales.
- To look at; see; mind; regard; favour.
- To look to; see to; attend to; care for; take care of; provide for; treat; arrange.
- To look about oneself; look to oneself.
- To surround or hem in.
- To attack, especially from all sides.
- To decorate something with jewels etc.
- Of a ship, to get trapped by ice.
- To sit around; sit about; besiege.
- To sit upon.
- To sit properly upon, as clothes; to suit; become.
- A broom made from a bundle of twigs tied onto a shaft.
- A troublesome woman
- To sweep.
- To muddle, stupefy, or act foolishly; as with alcoholic liquor or infatuation.
- To send spies to; beset with espionage.
- A bird of prey of southern Asia, Accipiter virgatus.
- name; today more often spelled Bessie.
- A diminutive form of the female given name Elizabeth.
- Any carbohydrate having two carbon atoms; in reality - glycolaldehyde
- bristling, bristly (of an animal such as a wolf or a bear).
- A frame composed of two strong oak timbers (bitt-heads) fixed vertically in the fore part of a ship, bolted to the deck beams to which are secured the cables when the ship rides to anchor
- A feeling of boredom and no motivation; depression.
- An act of blushing.
- A glow; a flush of colour.
- Feeling or appearance of optimism.
- A sort of makeup, frequently a powder, used to redden the cheeks.
- A color between pink and cream.
- A pale pink wine made by removing the dark grape skins at the required point during fermentation.
- To become red in the face due to shyness, shame, excitement, or embarrassment.
- To become red.
- To suffuse with a blush; to redden; to make roseate.
- To change skin color in the face (to a particular shade).
- To express or make known by blushing.
- To have a warm and delicate colour, like some roses and other flowers.
- The collective noun for a group of boys.
- A brag, a loud positive appraisal of oneself.
- A shot where the ball is driven off a side wall and then strikes the front wall.
- To brag; to talk loudly in praise of oneself.
- To speak of with pride, vanity, or exultation, with a view to self-commendation; to extol.
- To speak in exulting language of another; to glory; to exult.
- To play a boast shot.
- To possess something special.
- To dress, as a stone, with a broad chisel.
- To shape roughly as a preparation for the finer work to follow; to cut to the general form required.
- Counterfeit or fake; not genuine.
- Undesirable or harmful.
- Incorrect, useless, or broken.
- Of a totally fictitious issue printed for collectors, often issued on behalf of a non-existent territory or country (not to be confused with forgery, which is an illegitimate copy of a genuine stamp).
- Based on false or misleading information or unjustified assumptions.
- A liquor made of rum and molasses.
- A throwing weapon made of weights on the ends of interconnected cords, designed to capture animals by entangling their legs.
- A sticky thread whirled around by certain spiders to catch prey.
- A meteor or brilliant shooting star, followed by a train of light or sparks; especially one which explodes.
- imprisonment, captivity
- the condition of goods in a bonded warehouse until duty is paid
- A push from behind, as to one who is endeavoring to climb; help.
- A positive intake manifold pressure in cars with turbochargers or superchargers.
- To lift or push from behind (one who is endeavoring to climb); to push up.
- To help or encourage (something) to increase or improve; to assist in overcoming obstacles.
- To steal.
- To jump-start a vehicle by using cables to connect the battery in a running vehicle to the battery in a vehicle that won't start.
- To give a booster shot to.
- Having abundant bushes, shrubs or trees.
- Caused by trees or shrubs.
- Bushy, bristling.
- The breast or chest of a human (or sometimes of another animal).
- The seat of one's inner thoughts, feelings etc.; one's secret feelings; desire.
- The protected interior or inner part of something; the area enclosed as by an embrace.
- The part of a dress etc. covering the chest; a neckline.
- A woman's breasts.
- Any thing or place resembling the breast; a supporting surface; an inner recess; the interior.
- A depression round the eye of a millstone.
- In a very close relationship.
- To enclose or carry in the bosom; to keep with care; to take to heart; to cherish.
- To conceal; to hide from view; to embosom.
- To belly; to billow, swell or bulge.
- To belly; to cause to billow, swell or bulge.
- Tending to give orders to others, especially when unwarranted; domineering.
- A cow or calf.
- Ornamented with bosses; studded.
- The disease caused by the maggots of the horse bot fly when they infect the stomach of a horse.
- Infection by gadfly maggots under the skin of cows, or by sheep maggots in the frontal sinus of sheep.
- A precision sport where the goal is to roll biased balls (weighted on one side, and called bowls) closer to a smaller white ball (the jack or kitty) than one's opponent is able to do.
- A ball used in the game of bowls
- To drink excessively and socially; to carouse.
- A carouse; a drinking bout; a booze.
- To haul or hoist (something) with a tackle.
- impetuous or rash
- insensitive or tactless
- impudent or shameless
- A rash or eruption; a sudden or transient fit of sickness.
- brittle, as wood or vegetables
- Leaf litter of small leaves and little twigs as found under a hedge.
- Broken and angular rock fragments underlying alluvial deposits.
- Broken fragments of ice.
- Full of liveliness and activity; characterized by quickness of motion or action; lively; spirited; quick.
- Full of spirit of life; effervescing
- Stimulating or invigorating.
- Abrupt, curt in one's manner or in relation to others.
- To make or become lively; to enliven; to animate.
- form of (ritual circumcision)
- In the rural and farming circles, stout and strong; well-built; well fed with brose.
- Semi-liquid (like brose).
- Containing brose.
- An implement consisting of multiple more or less flexible bristles or other filaments attached to a handle, used for any of various purposes including cleaning, painting, and arranging hair.
- A piece of conductive material, usually carbon, serving to maintain electrical contact between the stationary and rotating parts of a machine.
- The act of brushing something.
- Wild vegetation, generally larger than grass but smaller than trees (Wikipedia).
- A short and sometimes occasional encounter or experience.
- The furry tail of an animal, especially of a fox.
- A tuft of hair on the mandibles.
- A short contest, or trial, of speed.
- An instrument, resembling a brush, used to produce a soft sound from drums or cymbals.
- An on-screen tool for "painting" a particular colour or texture.
- In 3D video games, a convex polyhedron, especially one that defines structure of the play area.
- The floorperson of a poker room, usually in a casino.
- (North Wisconsin, uncountable) Evergreen boughs, especially balsam, locally cut and baled for export, usually for use in wreathmaking.
- To clean with a brush.
- To untangle or arrange with a brush.
- To apply with a brush.
- To remove with a sweeping motion.
- To touch with a sweeping motion, or lightly in passing.
- To clean one's teeth by brushing them.
- A purse or bag in which to carry or measure diamonds, etc.
- The ritual tossing of someone into the air to celebrate their birthday.
- An of, or the act of .
- A often or
- A series of fired from an
- To break from internal pressure.
- To cause to break from internal pressure.
- To cause to break by any means.
- To separate formfeed at perforation lines.
- To enter or exit hurriedly and unexpectedly.
- To produce as an effect of bursting.
- Like a bush in having many widely spread branches.
- Growing thickly.
- (Racial slur) Derogatory word used to refer to Afro-textured Hair.
- Having large breasts.
- Postal abbreviation for Cambridgeshire.
- A village in Missouri, US.
- A river running through Switzerland and France, a tributary of the Saône.
- A department of France in the region of Franche-Comté.
- to put (troops) onto a bus
- to board a bus
- short and stout; low and wide
- An English patronymic surname from Gibb (Gilbert).
- A village in Missouri, US.
- A city in New Mexico
- A type of sweet snack food consisting of dried apricot made into a pulp and flavoured with salt and sugar.
- The common people, as a whole, or as a group.
- of; pubic bones.
- The pubic hair.
- The pubic region.
- the pubic bone; the part of the hipbone forming the front arch of the pelvis
- a green vegetable
- the larger leaves and the seed capsules of Indian hemp which are used to make bhang
- formerly, a term of respect for a white European in colonial India
- raspings of ivory, hartshorn, metals, or other hard substance
- The dross of metals.
- To scrape or scratch.
- Mean; dirty; contemptible; scrubby.
- One who labors hard and lives meanly; a mean fellow.
- One who is incompetent or unable to complete easy tasks.
- A thicket or jungle, often specified by the name of the prevailing plant
- One of the common livestock of a region of no particular breed or not of pure breed, especially when inferior in size, etc. Often used to refer to male animals unsuited for breeding.
- Vegetation of inferior quality, though sometimes thick and impenetrable, growing in poor soil or in sand; also, brush.
- One not on the first team of players; a substitute.
- To rub hard; to wash with rubbing; usually, to rub with a wet brush, or with something coarse or rough, for the purpose of cleaning or brightening
- To rub anything hard, especially with a wet brush; to scour
- To be diligent and penurious
- To call off a scheduled event; to cancel.
- To eliminate or to correct data from a set of records to bring it inline with other similar datasets
- To move a recording tape back and forth with a scrubbing motion to produce a scratching sound, or to do so by a similar use of a control on an editing system.
- To maneuver the play position on a media editing system by using a scroll bar or touch-based interface.
- An instance of scrubbing.
- A cancellation.
- A worn-out brush.
- One who scrubs.
- Clothing worn while performing surgery.
- Any medical uniform consisting of a short-sleeved shirt and pants (trousers).
- An exfoliant for the body.
- An apparatus carried by a diver, which includes a tank holding compressed, filtered air and a regulator which delivers the air to the diver at ambient pressure which can be used underwater.
- To perform scuba diving.
- a town in North Yorkshire, England, formerly in the West Riding of Yorkshire.
- a small city in South Dakota, USA
- An ancient kingdom in Arabia or possibly in Africa.
- The 34th sura (chapter) of the Qur'an.
- form of (a drink of fruit juice, spirits, etc.)
- A woody plant smaller than a tree, and usually with several stems from the same base.
- To lop; to prune.
- To mispronounce a word by replacing its consonant sound(s) with another or others of a similar place of articulation.
- A liquor composed of vegetable acid, fruit juice (especially lemon), sugar, sometimes vinegar, and a small amount of spirit as a preservative. Modern shrub is usually non-alcoholic, but in earlier times it was often mixed with a substantial amount of spirit such as brandy or rum, thus making it a liqueur.
- Very sad; inclined to sob
- Dripping wet
- A baby pigeon or dove.
- The meat of a squab (i.e. a young (domestic) pigeon or dove) used as food.
- A baby rook.
- A thick cushion, especially a flat one covering the seat of a chair or sofa.
- A person of a short, fat figure.
- To fall plump; to strike at one dash, or with a heavy stroke.
- To furnish with squabs, or cushions.
- Fat; thick; plump; bulky.
- Unfledged; unfeathered.
- With a heavy fall; plump.
- A small firework that is intended to spew sparks rather than explode.
- A similar device used to ignite an explosive or launch a rocket, etc.
- A kind of slow match or safety fuse.
- Any small firecracker sold to the general public. Usually available in special clusters designed to explode in series after a single master fuze is lit.
- The heating element used to set off the sodium azide pellets in a vehicle's airbag.
- A small explosive used to replicate a bullet hitting a surface.
- A short piece of witty writing; a lampoon.
- A writer of lampoons.
- In a legal casebook, a short summary of a legal action placed between more extensively quoted cases.
- A short article, often published in journals, that introduces theoretically problematic empirical data or discusses an overlooked theoretical problem. In contrast to a typical article, a squib need not answer the questions that it poses.
- An unimportant, paltry, or mean-spirited person.
- A sketched concept or visual solution, usually very quick and not too detailed. A word most commonly used within the Graphic Design industry.
- To make a sound such as a small explosion.
- To throw squibs; to utter sarcastic or severe reflections; to contend in petty dispute.
- a unit of luminance equal to one candela per square centimetre
- Prophetess; hag.
- name, Sibyl
- A kind of slow bodily wasting or emaciating disease, often accompanying a chronic disease.
- The guard at the end of the grip of a sword.
- A Japanese unit of areal measure, roughly 3.3m2 or 35.5ft2, equivalent to the area of two tatami mats.
- A pressure point in the traditions of shiatsu, acupressure, and acupuncture.
- A table or tray strewn with sand, anciently used for drawing, calculating, etc.
- A calculating table or frame; an instrument for performing arithmetical calculations by balls sliding on wires, or counters in grooves, the lowest line representing units, the second line, tens, etc.
- The uppermost portion of the capital of a column, immediately under the architrave.
- A board, tray, or table, divided into perforated compartments, for holding cups, bottles, or the like; a kind of cupboard, buffet, or sideboard.
- Humbled; lowered, especially in rank, position, or prestige.
- Borne lower than usual, as a fess; also, having the ends of the wings turned downward towards the point of the shield. 1976
Possible word length