Page 1 from 112
Total results: 116207
- General Sales Agent. The travel company having such an agreement.
- gay-straight alliance: a student-run society for discussion of issues relating to sexual orientation
- A moon of Neptune
- Eastern European coat of arms
- of, a Protestant denomination.
- Airborne Collision Avoidance System
- Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service
- An affected manner intended to impress others.
- Something given to the poor as charity, such as money, clothing or food.
- As soon as possible.
- Having the color of ashes.
- Having dry or dead skin (therefore discolored).
- of former name of ASTM International
- To reserve for oneself.
- Dark circles under the eyes, caused by lack of sleep, drug addiction etc.
- A large barrel for the storage of liquid, especially of alcoholic drinks.
- A casket; a small box for jewels.
- To put into a cask.
- A particular time or period of vague extent.
- During the day.
- Ability, the means to do something, particularly:
- Opportunity, chance.
- Skill, dexterity, facility.
- Comfort, a state or quality lacking unpleasantness, particularly:
- Freedom from pain, hardship, and annoyance, sometimes idleness, sloth.
- Freedom from worry and concern, peace, sometimes indifference.
- Freedom from difficulty.
- Freedom from effort, leisure, rest.
- Freedom from financial effort or worry, affluence.
- Freedom from embarrassment or awkwardness, grace.
- Relief, an end to discomfort, particularly:
- Release from or reduction of pain, hardship, or annoyance.
- Release from intestinal discomfort: defecation.
- Release from constraint, obligation, or a constrained position.
- Additional space provided to allow greater movement.
- A convenience; a luxury.
- A relief; an easement.
- To free (something) from pain, worry, agitation, etc.
- To alleviate, assuage or lessen (pain).
- To give respite to (someone).
- To loosen or slacken the tension on (something).
- To reduce the difficulty of (something).
- To move (something) slowly and carefully.
- To lessen in severity.
- To proceed with little effort.
- Comfortable; at ease.
- Requiring little skill or effort.
- Causing ease; giving comfort, or freedom from care or labour.
- Free from constraint, harshness, or formality; unconstrained; smooth.
- Consenting readily to sex.
- Not making resistance or showing unwillingness; tractable; yielding; compliant.
- Not straitened as to money matters; opposed to
- In a relaxed or casual manner.
- In a manner without strictness or harshness.
- Used an intensifier for large magnitudes.
- Not difficult, not hard.
- Something that is easy
- A young hawk or falcon in the nest, or that has not yet fledged, especially one that will be trained for falconry.
- To worry; to bother, annoy.
- A worry; trouble; bother.
- The far-right, especially violent far-right protestors.
- A basket made of rushes or flags, as for carrying fish.
- A clasp, especially a metal strap fastened by a padlock or a pin; also, a hook for fastening a door.
- A spindle to wind yarn, thread, or silk on.
- An instrument for cutting the surface of grassland; a scarifier.
- To shut or fasten with a hasp.
- The goddess/personification of recuperation. She is a daughter of Asclepius and Epione.
- a granary, or village containing a granary, in the Mahgreb (Berber countries).
- The thong or braided cord of a whip, with which the blow is given.
- A leash in which an animal is caught or held; hence, a snare.
- A stroke with a whip, or anything pliant and tough.
- A stroke of satire or sarcasm; an expression or retort that cuts or gives pain; a cut.
- A hair growing from the edge of the eyelid; an eyelash.
- In carpet weaving, a group of strings for lifting simultaneously certain yarns, to form the figure.
- In British English, it refers to heavy drinking with friends, (i.e. We were out on the lash last night)
- To strike with a lash; to whip or scourge with a lash, or with something like one.
- To strike forcibly and quickly, as with a lash; to beat, or beat upon, with a motion like that of a lash.
- To throw out with a jerk or quickly.
- To scold; to berate; to satirize; to censure with severity.
- To ply the whip; to strike.
- To utter censure or sarcastic language.
- To fall heavily, especially in the phrase lash down
- To bind with a rope, cord, thong, or chain, so as to fasten.
- Remiss, lax.
- Soft, watery, wet.
- excellent, wonderful
- A single-serving package of crackers, usually filled with peanut butter. Snack crackers.
- A mythical land in Greek Mythology.
- a main belt asteroid.
- a kiln for drying tobacco, malt and especially hops
- A mass of oat plants (genus Avena, especially Avena sativa).
- Seeds of an oat plant, especially prepared as food.
- To throw (or be thrown) and break.
- To snog, to make out, to kiss.
- A passionate kiss.
- A romantic infatuation; a crush.
- The object of a romantic infatuation; a crush.
- Any obsession or passion.
- A crushing blow.
- A heavy fall of rain or snow.
- The head.
- To strike; to crush; to smash; to dash into pieces.
- A coarse file, on which the cutting prominences are distinct points raised by the oblique stroke of a sharp punch, instead of lines raised by a chisel, as on the true file.
- The sound made by this tool when used, or any similar sound.
- The raspberry.
- To use a rasp.
- To make a noise similar to the one a rasp makes in use; to utter rasps.
- To work something with a rasp.
- To grate harshly upon; to offend by coarse or rough treatment or language.
- A person who belongs to a monotheistic sect of Hinduism; Sadhs' beliefs are similar to those of Quakers
- Any of the free-swimming tunicates of the order and its single family
- A piece of designed to be worn around the
- A length of worn over the to the opposite often for or other occasions.
- To adorn with a sash or scarf.
- The opening part (casement) of a window usually containing the glass panes, hinged to the jamb, or sliding up and down as in a sash window.
- A draggable vertical or horizontal bar used to adjust the relative sizes of two adjacent windows.
- In a sawmill, the rectangular frame in which the saw is strained and by which it is carried up and down with a reciprocating motion; the gate.
- A tribe or group of Native Americans of the Eastern Woodlands culture group.
- The lect (variously considered a language or a member of a group of dialects) spoken by these Native Americans.
- Any member of this group of Native Americans.
- A style of urban popular music associated mainly with Kuwait and Bahrain.
- An incrustation over a sore, wound, vesicle, or pustule, formed during healing.
- The scabies.
- The mange, especially when it appears on sheep.
- Any of several different diseases of potatoes producing pits and other damage on their surface, caused by streptomyces bacteria (but formerly believed to be caused by a fungus).
- Common scab, a relatively harmless variety of scab (potato disease) caused by
- Any one of various more or less destructive fungal diseases that attack cultivated plants, forming dark-colored crustlike spots.
- A slight irregular protuberance which defaces the surface of a casting, caused by the breaking away of a part of the mold.
- A mean, dirty, paltry fellow.
- A worker who acts against trade union policies, especially a strikebreaker.
- To become covered by a scab or scabs.
- To form into scabs and be shed, as damaged or diseased skin.
- To remove part of a surface (from).
- To act as a strikebreaker.
- To beg (for), to cadge or bum.
- Any of several fish, of the family Carangidae, from the western Atlantic.
- A large number or quantity.
- A woman of loose morals.
- To destroy the data on a disk, either by corrupting the filesystem or by causing media damage.
- A fraudulent deal.
- Something that is promoted using scams.
- To defraud or embezzle.
- To examine sequentially, part by part.
- To create a digital copy of an image using a scanner.
- To look about for.
- To fit or conform to a specific meter.
- To mount by steps; to go through with step by step.
- An instance of scanning.
- The result or output of a scanning process.
- A permanent mark on the skin sometimes caused by the healing of a wound.
- A permanent effect on someone’s mind, caused by a traumatic experience.
- To mark the skin permanently.
- To form a scar.
- To affect deeply in a traumatic manner.
- A cliff.
- A rock in the sea breaking out from the surface of the water.
- A marine food fish, the scarus or parrotfish.
- A tax; tribute.
- A land-tax paid in the Shetland Islands.
- Animal excrement; dung.
- A brisk shower of rain, driven by the wind.
- Scat singing.
- To sing an improvised melodic solo using nonsense syllables, often onomatopoeic or imitative of musical instruments.
- To leave quickly (often used in the imperative).
- An imperative demand, often understood by speaker and listener as impertinent.
- A former Hebrew unit of dry volume, about 7.7 or 7 quarts.
- soap prepared for use in milling cloth
- Dry; withered, especially of vegetation.
- To char, scorch, or burn the surface of something with a hot instrument.
- To wither; to dry up.
- To mark permanently, as if by burning.
- A scar produced by searing
- Part of a gun that retards the hammer until the trigger is pulled.
- A city in Tunisia.
- A scab.
- To scratch; to rub.
- To play mean tricks; to act shabbily.
- Any one of several species of food fishes that make up the genus Alosa in the family Clupeidae, to which the herrings also belong;
- Matted material; rough massed hair, fibres etc.
- Coarse shredded tobacco.
- A type of rough carpet pile.
- To make hairy or shaggy; to roughen.
- hairy; shaggy
- Several species of sea birds in the family Phalacrocoracidae (cormorant family), especially the or Phalacrocorax aristotelis, found on European and African coasts.
- To shake, wiggle around.
- To have sexual intercourse with.
- To masturbate.
- To chase after; especially, to chase after and return (a ball) hit usually out of play.
- To perform the dance called the shag.
- A swing dance.
- An act of sexual intercourse.
- A casual sexual partner.
- A fundraising dance in honour of a couple engaged to be married.
- A large, flat piece of solid material; a solid object that is large and flat.
- A paving stone; a flagstone.
- A carton containing twenty-four cans of beer.
- An outside piece taken from a log or timber when sawing it into boards, planks, etc.
- A bird, the wryneck.
- The slack part of a sail.
- A large, luxury pre-1980 General Motors vehicle, particularly a Buick, Oldsmobile or Cadillac.
- A very large wave.
- A sequence of 12 adjacent bits, serving as a byte in some computers.
- Part of a tectonic plate that is being subducted.
- To make something into a slab.
- Mud, sludge.
- Thick; viscous.
- A car that has been modified with equipment such as loudspeakers, lights, special paint, hydraulics, and any other accessories that add to the style of the vehicle.
- To shut with sudden force so as to produce a shock and noise.
- To put in or on a particular place with force and loud noise. (Often followed by a preposition such as down, against or into.)
- To strike forcefully with some implement.
- To speak badly of; to criticize forcefully.
- To dunk forcefully, to slam dunk.
- To make a slam bid.
- To defeat (opponents at cards) by winning all the tricks of a deal or a hand.
- to change providers (e.g. of domain registration or telephone carrier) for a customer without clear (if any) consent.
- to drink off, to drink quickly
- to compete in a poetry slam
- to inject intravenously; shoot up
- A sudden impact or blow.
- The shock and noise produced by violently closing a door or other object.
- A slam dunk.
- An insult.
- The yellow iron silicate produced in alum works as a waste product.
- A poetry slam.
- The refuse of alum works.
- A type of card game, also called ruff and honours.
- Losing or winning all the tricks in a game.
- A bid of six (small slam) or seven (grand slam) in a suit or no trump.
- To defeat by winning all the tricks of a deal or a hand.
- A blow, especially one given with the open hand, or with something broad and flat.
- The sound of such a blow.
- Makeup, cosmetics.
- To give a slap to.
- To cause something to strike soundly.
- To strike soundly against something.
- To place, to put carelessly.
- To impose a penalty, etc. upon (someone).
- Exactly, precisely
- A stump or base of a branch that has been lopped off; a short branch, or a sharp or rough branch; a knot; a protuberance.
- Any sharp protuberant part of an object, which may catch, scratch, or tear other objects brought into contact with it.
- A tooth projecting beyond the others; a broken or decayed tooth.
- A tree, or a branch of a tree, fixed in the bottom of a river or other navigable water, and rising nearly or quite to the surface, by which boats are sometimes pierced and sunk.
- A problem or difficulty with something.
- A pulled thread or yarn, as in cloth.
- One of the secondary branches of an antler.
- To catch or tear (e.g. fabric) upon a rough surface or projection.
- To fish by means of dragging a large hook or hooks on a line, intending to impale the body (rather than the mouth) of the target.
- To obtain or pick up (something).
- To stealthily steal with legerdemain prowess (something).
- To cut the snags or branches from, as the stem of a tree; to hew roughly.
- A light meal.
- A sausage.
- A goal.
- A misnaged, an opponent to Chassidic Judaism (more likely modern, for cultural reasons).
- To be saturated with liquid by being immersed in it.
- To immerse in liquid to the point of saturation or thorough permeation.
- To penetrate or permeate by saturation.
- To allow (especially a liquid) to be absorbed; to take in, receive. (usually + up)
- To take money from.
- To drink intemperately or gluttonously.
- To heat (a metal) before shaping it.
- To hold a kiln at a particular temperature for a given period of time.
- To absorb; to drain.
- An immersion in water etc.
- A drunkard.
- A low-lying depression that fills with water after rain.
- To remove or destroy the ovaries (of an animal) so that it cannot become pregnant.
- A stupid or incompetent person.
- A hyperactive person.
- A tantrum, a fit.
- To have a tantrum or fit.
- To malfunction, go on the fritz.
- Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
- An adult male deer.
- A colt, or filly.
- A romping girl.
- An improperly or late castrated bull or ram – also called a bull seg (see note under ox).
- An outside irregular dealer in stocks, who is not a member of the exchange.
- One who applies for the allotment of shares in new projects, with a view to sell immediately at a premium, and not to hold the stock.
- The Eurasian wren, Troglodytes troglodytes.
- An unmarried male, a bachelor; a male not accompanying a female at a social event.
- A social event for males held in honor of a groom on the eve of his wedding, attended by male friends of the groom, sometimes a fund-raiser.
- A stag beetle (family
- To act as a "stag", an irregular dealer in stocks.
- To watch; to dog, or keep track of.
- Of a man, attending a formal social function without a date.
- To be fixed or set; to stay.
- In Ancient Greece, a walkway with a roof supported by colonnades, often with a wall on one side; specifically, the Great Hall in Athens.
- A small piece of soft, absorbent material, such as gauze, used to clean wounds, apply medicine, or take samples of body fluids. Often attached to a stick or wire to aid access.
- A sample taken with a swab
- A piece of material used for cleaning or sampling other items like musical instruments or guns.
- A mop, especially on a ship.
- A sailor; a swabby.
- To use a swab on something, or clean something with a swab.
- A bunch, clump, mass
- A crowd; a group of people.
- A boor, lout.
- A thin layer of refuse at the bottom of a seam.
- A cod, or pod, as of beans or peas.
- To exchange or give (something) in an exchange (for something else).
- To strike, hit.
- To fall or descend; to rush hastily or violently.
- To beat the air, or ply the wings, with a sweeping motion or noise; to flap.
- An exchange of two comparable things.
- A financial derivative in which two parties agree to exchange one stream of cashflow against another stream.
- A blow; a stroke.
- Space available in a swap file for use as auxiliary memory.
- A particular song played at the end of the day, and at military funerals.
- An emperor of Russia (1547 to 1917) and of some South Slavic kingdoms.
- A person with great power; an autocrat.
- An appointed official tasked to regulate or oversee a specific area.
- A tree, of the mulberry family, common in the forests of Java and the neighboring islands, with poisonous secretions.
- A virulent poison used in Java and the adjacent islands for poisoning arrows derived from the tree.
- A poison prepared from the climbing plant
- The octave, or seventh day after a festival (i.e., the eighth day counting inclusively, in the ancient Roman way).
- an exon of NCAM; it is thought to correlate with an inhibition of the neurite outgrowth-promoting properties of this protein
- A bundle of straw, or other material, to relieve the pressure of burdens carried upon the head.
- To lower physically or depress; to stoop; to throw or cast down
- To lower, as in rank, office, condition in life, so as to hurt feelings or cause pain; to depress; to humiliate; to humble; to degrade.
- To lower in value, in particular as altering the content of alloys in coins.
- To make ashamed; to embarrass; to destroy the self-possession of, as by exciting suddenly a consciousness of guilt, mistake, or inferiority; to disconcert; to discomfit.
- To lose self-possession; to become ashamed.
- in the sunshine; basking.
- ABC; alphabet.
- Absey book; abecedary.
- An alphabetical acrostic list.
- Hell; the infernal pit; the great deep; the primal chaos.
- An abyss; a gulf, a chasm, a very deep hole.
- The full attention of one's sight, hearing or other senses, as directed towards a particular object.
- A former Roman unit of length, equal to 120 Roman feet (about 35½
- A former Roman unit of area, equivalent to a square with sides of 1 actus (about ⅛ ha)
- Soft or liquid animal fat.
- Abnormally dark or over-concentrated; associated with various states of discomfort or illness (specifically being too hot or dry).
- Burnt or having a scorched color.
Possible word length