Page 1 from 18
Total results: 18463
- a belch
- To emit a burp.
- To cause someone (such as a baby) to burp.
- form of (the rump of a horse)
- short; brittle
- A particular stitch in knitting; an inversion of stitches giving the work a ribbed or waved appearance.
- The edge of lace trimmed with loops.
- An embroidered and puckered border; a hem or fringe, often of gold or silver twist; also, a pleat or fold, as of a band.
- To decorate with fringe or embroidered edge
- an inverted stitch producing ribbing etc
- a heavy or headlong fall; an upset.
- To upset, to spin, capsize, fall heavily, fall headlong.
- To flow with a murmuring sound in swirls and eddies.
- To rise in circles, ripples, or undulations; to curl; to mantle.
- A circle made by the motion of a fluid; an eddy; a ripple.
- A gentle murmuring sound, such as that produced by the running of a liquid among obstructions.
- Ale or beer spiced with wormwood or other bitter herbs, regarded as a tonic.
- Hot beer mixed with gin, sugar, and spices.
- A tern.
- Of a cat, to make a vibrating sound in its throat when contented.
- To say (something) in a throaty, seductive manner.
- To make a vibrating throaty sound, as from pleasure.
- To make a low and consistent rumbling sound.
- The vibrating sound made by a cat in its throat when contented.
- A throaty, seductive sound of pleasure made by a person.
- The low consistent rumble made by an engine at slow speed
- To cry or shout
- To sell by auction.
- An outcry.
- A sale of goods by auction.
- An infectious disease of poultry caused by Trichomonas gallinae
- The top of the rump of a horse or other quadruped.
- To croak, make a hoarse noise.
- An infectious illness of the larynx, especially in young children, causing respiratory difficulty.
- a person who dupes another
- To eject something violently (such as lava or water, as from a volcano or geyser).
- To burst forth; to break out.
- To spontaneously release pressure or tension.
- A frumpy person, somebody who is unattractive, drab or dowdy.
- The clothes that such a person would wear.
- To insult; to flout; to mock; to snub.
- A habitually grumpy or complaining person.
- To complain.
- To be grumpy.
- A plum.
- The dried, wrinkled fruit of certain species of plum.
- An old woman, especially a wrinkly one.
- To remove excess material from a tree or shrub; to trim, especially to make more healthy or productive.
- To cut down or shorten (by the removal of unnecessary material).
- To remove unnecessary branches from a tree data structure.
- To preen; to prepare; to dress.
- To become wrinkled like a dried plum, as the fingers and toes do when kept submerged in water.
- A small piece of glass fused to the main body of a piece of glasswork and then shaped or pressed, for decoration
- Someone who pukes, a vomiter.
- That which causes vomiting.
- A person who caricatures the manner of speech of a disc jockey or announcer, using affected, back-of-the-throat speech that is likened to puking.
- A detestable person.
- One who pules; one who whines or complains; a weak person.
- purified; refined.
- A marble, of the sort used in playing marbles, that is one solid color through and through.
- A Jewish festival, celebrated on the 14th day of Adar, commemorating the deliverance of the Persian Jews from a massacre.
- purring; inclined to purr
- A small bag for carrying money.
- A handbag (small bag usually used by women for carrying various small personal items)
- A quantity of money given for a particular purpose.
- A specific sum of money in certain countries: formerly 500 piastres in Turkey or 50 tomans in Persia.
- To press (one's lips) in and together so that they protrude.
- To draw up or contract into folds or wrinkles; to pucker; to knit.
- To put into a purse.
- To steal purses; to rob.
- Out of breath; short of breath, especially due to fatness.
- Purse-proud, vain about one's wealth.
- Broken, as an ordinary; cut off, or broken at the top, as a chevron, a bend, etc.
- hoarse (from shouting)
- A Manx cat with virtually no tail, particularly prized among Manx breeders.
- To eat or drink noisily.
- To make a loud sucking noise.
- A loud sucking noise made in eating or drinking
- A mouthful of liquid
- Any thick liquid that is added to or poured over food as a flavouring and has a high sugar content. Also any viscous liquid.
- A wig.
- Turpentine or turpentine substitute.
- Any alcoholic drink.
- To open something by ripping/tearing.
- To fasten with a bar.
- To remove the bar or bars of, as a gate; to unbar.
- a wooden pole used as scaffolding
- At a higher level, rank or position.
- Situated on higher ground, further inland, or more northerly.
- younger, more recent
- Of or pertaining to a secondary school.
- That which is higher, contrasted with the lower.
- The piece of leather, etc., that forms the top part of a shoe above the sole.
- A stimulant, such as amphetamine, that increases energy and decreases appetite.
- To seize power from another, usually by illegitimate means.
- To use and assume the coat of arms of another person.
- To make use of.
- To take the place rightfully belonging to someone or something else.
- Broken away (from restraint).
- Without notice to prepare the mind for the event; sudden; hasty; unceremonious.
- Curt in manner; brusque; rude; uncivil; impolite.
- Having sudden transitions from one subject or state to another; unconnected; disjointed.
- Broken off.
- Extremely steep or craggy as if broken up; precipitous.
- Suddenly terminating, as if cut off; truncate.
- To tear off or asunder.
- To interrupt suddenly.
- Something which is abrupt; an abyss.
- A drinking vessel filled to the brim.
- Anything large or successful.
- Parts at the front and back of a vehicle which are meant to absorb the impact of a collision; fender
- Any mechanical device used to absorb an impact, soften a collision, or protect against impact
- Someone or something that bumps.
- A bouncer.
- A side wall of a pool table.
- A short ditty or jingle used to separate a show from the advertisements.
- A covered house at a theatre, etc., in honour of some favourite performer.
- A woman's posterior, particularly one that is considered full and desirable.
- An extra musician (not notated in the score) who assists the principal French horn by playing less-exposed passages, so that the principal can save their 'lip' for difficult solos. Also applied to other sections of the orchestra.
- Large; filled to the bumpers at the top of a silo.
- A very strong, coarse cloth, made from jute, flax or hemp, and used to make sacks etc.
- A collection of writings, often on a specific topic, of a specific genre, from a specific demographic or a particular author, etc.
- A body, a collection.
- That part of an animal that corresponds to the human buttocks
- Of, pertaining to, suggestive of, or caused by croup.
- One who performs the operation of cupping.
- Someone with a specific bra size.
- A coffee aficionado.
- An intercollegiate sporting competition, open to all colleges.
- Of, pertaining to, or derived from, copper; containing copper.
- Containing copper with an oxidation number of 2
- The hindquarters or the rump of a horse, a strap under the girth of a horse's saddle to stop the saddle from kicking forward
- The rump, the posterior.
- between Europe and the Middle East, in the Mediterranean Sea. Member state of the European Union since 2004. Official name: Republic of Cyprus.
- Island between Europe and the Middle East, in the
- The Drukpa Kagyu (also Drukpa Kargyu) school of Tibetan Buddhism.
- Of, from, or pertaining to Bhutan or the Bhutanese people.
- Sometimes (more narrowly) pertaining to the main ethnic group within Bhutan.
- Pertaining to the Drukpa Kagyu (Drukpa Kargyu) or Drukpa sect of Tibetan Buddhism.
- A small one-man diesel-powered vehicle often used to carry loads and material around, often on building sites.
- A dropper of refuse, particularly not in landfill sites/recycling sites.
- One who dumps a boyfriend or girlfriend; the one of a romantic couple who terminates the relationship.
- The act or practice of duping; the condition of being deceived.
- form of (a kind of bottle)
- A traditional geographic region lying partly in northwestern Greece (where it includes Arta, Ioannina, Preveza and Thesprotia) and partly in southern Albania (an area known as Northern Epirus).
- A larger historical kingdom in roughly the same region, widely extended by the Greek general and king Pyrrhus during the early Hellenistic period.
- One of the thirteen peripheries (administrative regions) of modern Greece.
- On the dorsal side of the tail.
- A boney or cartilaginous neural spine on the epural side of a fish's axial column, sometimes supporting fin-rays.
- Dowdy, unkempt, or unfashionable.
- Ill- or bad-tempered.
- a rumour, or an erroneous or improbable story.
- A monumental tower, usually ornate, at the entrance of a temple, especially in Southern India.
- Unhappy, dissatisfied and/or irritable.
- Not pure
- Defiled by sin or guilt; unholy or unhallowed
- Unchaste or obscene
- Not virgin, having previously had sexual intercourse
- to defile; to pollute
- To break into.
- To enter forcibly or uninvited.
- To rapidly increase or intensify.
- The state capital of Rajasthan (India).
- A large city in India, in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- to beat or thrash
- backchat or rudeness
- A large city in India, in the state of Maharashtra.
- An ancient city in Sumer, modern Nuffar in Afak Al-Qādisiyyah Governorate, Iraq.
- To surpass in rapping (speaking lyrics in rap music); to rap better than.
- A set of jewellery to be worn together.
- One who is extremely poor.
- One living on or eligible for public charity.
- A crisp, hard, thin paper, sometimes used for postage stamps.
- extreme want; poverty; destitution.
- a lack of something; a dearth; barrenness; insufficiency.
- Accustomed to, or employed in, desperate enterprises; reckless; hopeless.
- One of the scales of a leaf bud.
- A pouchlike portion of the perianth in certain orchids.
- An examination or perusal; an instance of perusing.
- To examine or consider with care.
- To read completely.
- To look over casually; to skim.
- To go from place to place; to wander.
- A mixture of wood ash and leaves chewed as a stimulant by Aboriginal Australians.
- The smooth serous membrane which closely covers the lungs and the adjacent surfaces of the thorax; the pleural membrane.
- Full of tiny pores that allow fluids or gasses to pass through.
- (Of legislation) full of loopholes
- With many gaps.
- One who affects some behaviour, style, attitude or other condition, often to impress or influence others.
- One who, or that which, pours.
- A person who habitually pouts; a sourpuss
- A breed of pigeon that inflates its crop
- name commonly used in India.
- The capital city of the Czech Republic.
- A person who prunes, or a tool used in pruning.
- Any of several unrelated beetles whose larvae attack the branches of trees.
- A bronze coin, equivalent to the Roman quadrans, used in ancient Palestine.
- An aluminium coin, worth one thousandth of a pound, used in Israel until 1960.
- To pinch or wrinkle; to squeeze inwardly, to dimple or fold.
- A fold or wrinkle.
- A state of perplexity or anxiety; confusion; bother; agitation.
- A confused noise; turmoil; bustle; tumult.
- To perplex; to embarrass; to confuse; to bother.
- To make a tumult or bustle; to splash; to make a pother or fuss.
- A worker in a pugmill.
- A strip of cloth wound around the upper portion of a hat or helmet, particularly a pith helmet, and falling down behind to act as a shade for the back of the neck.
- Someone who performs a puja, especially a priest in a Hindu temple.
- Anything that pulls, but especially a hoist in which a cable is attached to a lever and a ratchet mechanism.
- a tool, such as a bearing puller.
- A machine for pulping paper or various other substances.
- A riverboat used in northeast India and Bangladesh, chiefly as a cargo boat.
- One who pumps something.
- A steroid or other drug taken to improve blood flow and increase muscular size.
- One who bets (punts) against the bank (banque).
- One who oars or poles a punt (pontoon).
- One who punts a football.
- one who gambles. See speculator.
- A customer of a commercial establishment, frequently of a pub or (alternatively) of a prostitute.
- A beginner or unskilled climber.
- A program used to forcibly disconnect another user from a network.
- An ancient Indian genre (or a group of related genres) of Hindu or Jain literature (as distinct from oral tradition). They are primarily post-Vedic texts containing a narrative of the history of the Universe, from creation to destruction, genealogies of the kings, heroes and demigods, and descriptions of Hindu cosmology, philosophy and geography.
- A curtain, especially as used to conceal and divide women from men and strangers in some Hindu or Muslim traditions.
- A striped cotton cloth which is used to make curtains.
- The state or system of social gender seclusion in some Muslim or Hindu communities.
- A long veil, or other all-enveloping clothing, worn by women in some Muslim societies.
- Secrecy, isolation.
- Wholly; really, completely.
- Solely; exclusively; merely, simply.
- Chastely, innocently; in a sinless manner, without fault.
- Without physical adulterants; refinedly, with no admixture.
- having the greatest purity
- An ornamental border on clothing, furniture or a violin; beading, stringing.
- To decorate (wood, cloth etc.) with a purfle or ornamental border; to border.
- To ornament with a bordure of ermines, furs, etc. or with gold studs or mountings.
- Agent noun of purge; one who, or that which, purges or cleanses; especially, a cathartic medicine.
- To cleanse, or rid of impurities.
- To free from guilt or sin.
- Any of a class of organic heterocyclic compounds, composed of fused pyrimidine and imidazole rings, that constitute one of the two groups of organic nitrogenous bases (the other being the pyrimidines) and are components of nucleic acids.
- An insistence on the traditionally correct way of doing things, especially of language
- An example of purist language etc
- Of or pertaining to purism
- An advocate of purism
- A headlong fall or tumble.
- A knockdown blow; a blow that causes a person to fall headlong.
- Something extremely good.
- A longitudinal structural member bridging two or more rafters of a roof.
- Of or having somewhat of a purple color or hue.
- A substance used in making the pigment Indian yellow.
- Someone or something that purrs.
- A purse or purse net.
- To follow with harmful intent; to try to harm, to persecute, torment.
- To follow urgently, originally with intent to capture or harm; to chase.
- To follow, travel down (a particular way, course of action etc.).
- To aim for, go after (a specified objective, situation etc.).
- To participate in (an activity, business etc.); to practise, follow (a profession).
- a city in Mississippi, USA
- Someone or something that pushes.
- A girl or woman.
- An illegal drug dealer.
- An aircraft with the propeller behind the fuselage.
- Rotting, rotten, being in a state of putrefaction.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of putrefaction, especially having a bad smell, like that of rotting flesh.
- Vile, disgusting.
- morally corrupt
- totally objectionable
- To be active, but not excessively busy, at a task or a series of tasks.
- One who puts or places.
- One who pushes the small wagons in a coal mine.
- A golf club specifically intended for a putt.
- A person who is taking a putt or putting.
- To produce intermittent bursts of sound in the course of operating.
- The presence of pus in the urine.
- A member of the kshatriya Hindu caste in India
- A seizure.
- A state of rapture.
- To make back, as an investment.
- To recover from an error.
- To keep back rightfully (a part), as if by cutting off, so as to diminish a sum due; to take off (a part) from damages; to deduct.
- To reimburse; to indemnify; often used reflexively and in the passive.
- The framework of some pods, such as the cress, which remains after the valves drop off.
- To pump again.
- To use a laser to raise an electron (in an atom or ion etc) back to a previous high state.
- Affected with roup; roupy.
- A noisy, sometimes violent disturbance; noise and confusion; a quarrel.
- A rumpus room.
- A city in Idaho.
- An unincorporated community in Ohio.
- A town in Vermont.
- A town in West Virginia.
- A junior army officer.
- The unit of currency in Indonesia.
- Of or pertaining to rupia.
- To steal fruit, especially apples, from a garden or orchard.
- To spit out violently, as with disgust or surprise.
- To squirt out in a messy stream.
- To promote a thing or idea to another person.
- To spring up; to germinate.
- any short, stiff object.
- A leap; a spring.
- A steep ascent in a road.
- Active; lively; vigorous.
- Any plant of the genus Euphorbia, a diverse genus of over 2,000 species.
- To emit foam; to froth; said of the emission of yeast from beer during fermentation.
- Spurious things; especially, a counterfeit or forged written work or one of doubtful attribution.
- Any of several European annual herbs of the genus
- A state of reduced consciousness or sensibility.
- A state in which one has difficulty in thinking or using one’s senses.
- Food consumed before going to bed.
- Any meal eaten in the evening; dinner eaten in the evening, rather than at noon.
- A meal from a chip shop consisting of a deep-fried food with chips.
- A drinker, especially one who drinks slowly (i.e., one who sups).
- To consume a snack before retiring.
- To eat dinner (see above).
- Having the taste or consistency of syrup.
- Overly sweet.
- Overly sentimental.
- A large marine fish ( of the southern United States and the West Indies, with large silvery scales.
- The white root of a yellow-flowered plant, Brassica rapa, grown as a vegetable and as fodder for cattle.
- The yellow root of a related plant, the swede or Brassica napus.
- A large, heavy pocket watch, so called because its profile resembled the vegetable.
- To plant with turnips.
- To feed or graze (livestock) on turnips.
- Foul; base; wicked; morally depraved.
- The official who presides over a tennis game sat on a high chair.
- One of the two white-coated officials who preside over a cricket match.
- One of usually 4 officials who preside over a baseball game.
- The official who stands behind the line on the defensive side.
- A match official on the ground deciding and enforcing the rules during play. As of 2007 the Australian Football League uses 3, or in the past 2 or just 1. The other officials, the goal umpires and boundary umpires, are normally not called just umpires alone.
- A person who arbitrates between contending parties
- To act as an umpire in a game.
- To decide as an umpire; to arbitrate; to settle (a dispute, etc.).
- to remove from a parked position
- to remove a car or other vehicle from a parked position
- To release from the fixed position adopted when not in use.
- To revoke or annul (something previously prayed for) by prayer.
- To remove a prop or props from; to deprive of support.
- Not ripe.
- Developing too early; premature.
- to remove from a rope
- To take the spars, stakes, or bars from.
- To restore from a warped state.
- To open or undo, as what is wrapped or folded.
- To bear up; raise aloft; support in an elevated situation; sustain.
- In stud poker or blackjack, a playing card dealt face up and left on the table for others to see.
- In rummy, the top card of the discard pile.
- To draw up
- An act of drawing up; an upward draw, pull, or attraction
- The parts of a pair of shoes that do not normally contact the ground.
- to raise something up; to rise up; to erect
- To rise; to get up; to appear from below the horizon.
- To have an upward direction or inclination
- To rebel or revolt; to take part in an uprising.
- The act of rising; appearance above the horizon; rising.
- The resurrection.
- tumultuous, noisy excitement
- loud confused noise, especially when coming from several sources
- To throw into uproar or confusion.
- To root up; to tear up by the roots, or as if by the roots; to extirpate.
- To remove utterly; to eradicate.
- An upwards rush.
- To rush upward.
- commotion; disturbance, tumult
- disturb, cause a commotion, stir up
- To tear up (wrench from the ground).
- an upward turn or trend, especially in business activity or profit
- to turn (something) up or over
- In a direction from lower to higher; toward a higher place; in a course toward the source or origin
- In the upper parts; above.
- Yet more; indefinitely more; above; over.
- The upper part; the top.
- Directed toward a higher place.
- A broad anticline caused by local uplift.
- either of the two posterior abdominal appendages of the lobster, shrimp and some other crustaceans
- the hind part of polarized leukocytes, mostly involved in cell-to-cell interaction, cell activation and apoptosis
- Cloudy diffused matter such as mist, steam or fumes suspended in the air.
- The gaseous state of a substance that is normally a solid or liquid.
- Wind; flatulence.
- Something unsubstantial, fleeting, or transitory; unreal fancy; vain imagination; idle talk; boasting.
- Hypochondria; melancholy; the blues; hysteria, or other nervous disorder.
- Any medicinal agent designed for administration in the form of inhaled vapour.
- To become vapour; to be emitted or circulated as vapour.
- To turn into vapour.
- To use insubstantial language; to boast or bluster.
- To emit vapour or fumes.
- To become vapour; to be emitted or circulated as vapour.
- To turn into vapour.
- To use insubstantial language; to boast or bluster.
- To bring together in a group; to group.
- Not combustible; capable of tolerating great heat without alteration of form or properties.
- To spurt on or over; to asperse.
- The sound of a burp.
- The act by which a baby is burped.
- To make a series of chirps, clicks or clucks.
- To express by chirping.
- To quicken or animate by chirping.
- A series of chirps, clicks or clucks.
- A grass or other plant that tends to form clumps.
- To form into clumps or masses.
- Being or relating to a copula.
- In a depraved state; debased; perverted; morally degenerate; weak in morals.
- Abounding in errors; not genuine or correct; in an invalid state.
- In a putrid state; spoiled; tainted; vitiated; unsound.
- To make corrupt; to change from good to bad; to draw away from the right path; to deprave; to pervert.
- To become putrid or tainted; to putrefy; to rot.
- To debase or render impure by alterations or innovations; to falsify.
- To waste, spoil, or consume; to make worthless.
- Someone who couples things together, especially someone whose job it is to couple railway carriages.
- Anything that serves to couple things together; but especially a device that couples railway carriages.
- A device that connects two keyboards of an organ together so that they play together.
- A device used to convert electronic information into audible sound signals for transmission over telephone lines.
- An electrical device used to transfer energy from one electric device to another, especially without a physical connection.
- A passage cut through the glacis to facilitate sallies by the besieged.
- A toad.
- A French person.
- Of, pertaining to, suggestive of, or caused by croup.
- A type of savoury cake, typically flat and round, made from batter and yeast, containing many small holes and served toasted, usually with butter.
- A person (or, collectively, persons), usually female, considered sexually desirable.
- A crease, wrinkle, or irregular fold.
- To rumple; to press into wrinkles by crushing together.
- To cause to collapse.
- To become wrinkled.
- To collapse.
- A strap, looped under a horse's tail, used to stop a saddle from slipping.
- The buttocks or rump, especially of a horse.
- A piece of armour covering the hindquarters of a horse.
- To fit with a crupper; to place a crupper upon.
- The person or thing at fault for a problem or crime.
- Of or relating to a cupola.
- Any of several non-stoichiometric compounds, of general formula XYCumOn, many of which are superconductors
- Any organocopper compound of general formula R2Cu
- A poorly characterised polymer of acetylene
- A mineral composed of cuprous oxide and a minor ore of copper.
- Of, or of the nature of, copper.
- Containing copper with an oxidation number of 1.
- Shaped like a cupule.
- The state of being a cur; one who is currish.
- To throw into confusion or disorder.
- To interrupt or impede.
- To improve a product or service in ways that displace an established one and surprise the market.
- Torn off or torn asunder; severed; disrupted.
- A piece of protective gear meant to be inserted in the ear canal to protect the wearer's hearing from loud noises or the intrusion of water.
- To fit with earplugs.
- of or pertaining to feasts
- To subject to epuration; to purify.
- A long wooden slat, with holes for cords, that holds up an awning.
- To wrinkle; crumple; ruffle; disorder.
- A wrinkle.
- One of several species of California market fishes, of the genus Sebastes; a rockfish.
- A precipitation that forms when supercooled droplets of water condense on a snowflake.
- The result of this process, a small ball of rime.
- a village in Illinois, USA.
- a small city in Kentucky, USA
- Any of various large food and game fishes of the subfamily Epinephelinae, especially the genera Epinephelus and which inhabit warm seas.
- One who groups things.
- A fan, especially a young female fan of a male singer or rock group; a person who seeks intimacy (most often physical, sometimes emotional) with a celebrity, usually a rock 'n' roll artist or band member.
- A group photo including the photographer; a group self-portrait.
- A kind of bobbin lace that connects the motifs with bars or plaits rather than net or mesh.
- A small chewy candy made with corn syrup, gelatin and some flavouring oils or powders.
- A hatch in the hull of a ship through which a cannon is fired.
- An expression of disdain, disbelief, protest, or dismissal; a huff, grunt, or snort.
- To dislike, protest, or dismiss.
- A system of romanization of Japanese, short for "Hepburn romanization".
- Somebody who is rash, impetuous or impulsive.
- Under the tail; applied to the bones that support the caudal fin rays in most fishes.
- Of, from, or pertaining to, Jaipur
- Someone from Jaipur.
- A wild, forest-dwelling ox, from Vietnam and surrounding countries
- Relating to or infected with one of the diseases known as leprosy.
- Morally infectious or infected.
- Appearing decayed, having the appearance of infection by leprosy.
- The abnormal presence of lipids in urine.
- State in north-eastern India which has Imphal as its capital.
- A Thracian musician and poet, who failed to retrieve his wife Eurydice from Hades.
- A piece of land that stands out (usually into water) from the land surrounding.
- A coming out of bedrock or of an unconsolidated deposit to the surface of the ground.
- The part of a rock formation that appears at the surface of the ground.
- To come out to the surface of the ground.
- A port city or harbor which is secondary to a main port.
- In Newfoundland and Labrador any city, town, or village having a port, other than the main port of St. John's."Outports" at Newfoundand and Labrador Heritage official web site
- The act of pouring out.
- To pour out.
- To exceed or surpass in prayer.
- To overthrow; subdue.
- Edible; of or pertaining to food.
- Any of the hermit crabs of family Paguridae, a
- Any hermit crab, any member of superfamily Paguroidea.
- One of a class of Croatian skirmishers serving in the Austrian army.
- An Ancient Greek stringed instrument, a kind of lute with three strings that were stopped with a fingerboard to alter the tone, and with either a mandolin- or banjo-like shape.
- Skill in all kinds of work or business; craft.
- Of a shape similar to a papule.
- Consisting of papules; characterized by the presence of papules.
- Attended with peril; dangerous; risky.
- Dire, terrible, appalling.
- Dangerously clever or cunning.
- Very, extremely.
- A wooden floor made of parquetry.
- The part of a theatre between the orchestra and the parquet circle.
- In some European countries, the branch of the administrative government that handles prosecutions.
- In some European bourses or stock exchanges, the railed-in space within which the agents de change, or privileged brokers, conduct business; also, the business conducted by them, distinguished from the coulisse, or outside market.
- To lay or fit such a floor.
- Any disorder relating to urination.
- Land, specifically, an open field, on which livestock is kept for feeding.
- Ground covered with grass or herbage, used or suitable for the grazing of livestock.
- Food, nourishment.
- To move animals into a pasture.
- To graze.
- To feed, especially on growing grass; to supply grass as food for.
- A person who lays paving slabs.
- A machine that is used to tamp down paving slabs.
- A brick or slab used for paving.
- To strike; to hit; to knock; to deliver a blow to.
- To impact.
- To attempt to divine the location or other quality of something by tapping on (an overlying surface).
- To attempt to divine the location or other quality of (something) by tapping on an overlying surface.
- To permeate or suffuse something, either with a liquid or with light
- To force a fluid to flow over or through something, especially through an organ of the body
- A kind of tobacco with medium-sized leaf, small stem, and tough and gummy fiber, raised in Louisiana and cured in its own juices, so as to be very dark in color. It is marketed in tightly wrapped rolls called carottes.
- The deliberate giving of false or misleading testimony under oath.
- The mythological Greek warrior who slew the Gorgon Medusa by decapitating her. He married Andromeda after rescuing her from Ceto and founded Mycenae. He was the son of Zeus and Danae.
- An autumn constellation of the northern sky, said to resemble the mythical hero. It includes the stars Algenib and Algol.
- The last Antigonid king of Macedonia, Perseus of Macedon.
- To disturb; to bother or unsettle.
- To slightly modify the motion of an object.
- To modify the motion of a body by exerting a gravitational force.
- To modify slightly, such as an equation or value.
- pierced or punched with holes
- Wearing a peruke.
- A manufacturer of perukes.
- The act of perusing; studying something carefully.
- Resembling rock or stone in its hardness
- Of the dense portion of the temporal bone that protects the inner ear.
- Of or relating to pills.
- Resembling a pill or pills.
- A Puerto Rican frozen dessert, shaped like a pyramid, made of shaved ice and covered with fruit-flavored syrup.
- A canoe of shallow draft, made by hollowing a log.
- A small flat-bottom boat of shallow draft. Specifically, a flat-bottom boat made out of a four-foot by eight-foot piece of plywood, the bottom being a two-foot eight-inch wide eight-foot long pointed-end lengthwise-centered oval cut from the piece, and the boat's sides being the two remaining pieces attached lengthwise to the outside edges of the oval.
- A style of pasta shaped as a miniature canoe folded over.
- One who plagues or annoys.
- Of, relating to, or affecting the pleura, or the sides of the thorax.
- Thin and transparent.
- A lateral sclerite of a thoracic segment of an arthropod between the tergum and the sternum.
- The act or process of weaving together, or interweaving; that which is woven together.
- To splash around in something wet; to dabble.
- To potter.
- The act of ploutering, or splashing about.
- One who plucks.
- A machine for straightening and cleaning wool.
- One who, or that which, plugs.
- A dental instrument used to insert fillings.
- A thong or flip-flop.
- One who works in or with lead.
- One who furnishes, fits, and repairs pipes and other apparatus for the conveyance of water, gas, or drainage.
- One who installs piping for potable and waste water.
- A person who investigates or prevents leaks of information
- In the Royal Navy, nickname for an apprentice, a boy aged 16 to 18, who is trained in technical skills at the Dockyard Schools to become an artificer.
- Plumes, collectively or in general; plumage.
- A city in Idaho.
- A city/town in Minnesota.
- One who plumps or swells out something else.
- That which plumps or swells out something else.
- Hence, something carried in the mouth to distend the cheeks.
- In elections, a vote given to one candidate only, when two or more are to be elected, thus giving him or her the advantage over the others; a person who gives his or her vote thus is said to plump, or to plump his or her vote.
- A voter who plumps his or her vote.
- A downright, unqualified lie.
- An obese woman, especially in pornography. 
- A device that is used to remove blockages from a toilet or sink by suction.
- The internal piece of a syringe that pushes out or pulls in any contents.
- The sliding activator of an exploder, an electrical generator used to trigger electrical detonators such as blasting caps.
- The part of a cafetière that is pushed down to remove grounds from coffee.
- One who plunges; a diver.
- A device similar to a piston but without a mechanism; a long solid cylinder used, instead of a piston or bucket, as a forcer in pumps.
- The moving portion of solenoid.
- The spring-loaded assembly that propels the ball onto the table.
- A reckless gambler.
- A boiler in which clay is beaten by a wheel to a creamy consistency.
- The firing pin of a breechloader.
- An angler who throws bait into the water and waits on the shore, rather than fishing from a boat.
- A writ issued in the third place, after two former writs have been disregarded.
- To make or become many.
- superabundance, excess, plethora
- Any species of Podura or allied genera.
- The way a person holds and positions their body.
- A situation or condition.
- One's attitude or the social or political position one takes towards an issue or another person.
- The position of someone or something relative to another; position; situation.
- to put one's body into a posture or series of postures, especially hoping that one will be noticed and admired
- to pretend to have an opinion or a conviction
- To place in a particular position or attitude; to pose.
- The act by which something is poured.
- To treat (rubber) to enhance its dimensional stability prior to curing.
- The treatment of rubber in this way.
- An organism in a developmental stage that immediately precedes the pupa.
- In a series of works, an installment that is set chronologically before its predecessor, especially the original narrative or (perhaps improper usage) any narrative work with at least one sequel.
- Disposed to take prey.
- Rich in prey.
- new wine (such as
- fruit and vegetables that are available early in the season
- In great quantity or abundance.
- To pour out; to give or spend liberally; to lavish; to squander.
- A type of noun that refers anaphorically to another noun or noun phrase, but which cannot ordinarily be preceded by a determiner and rarely takes an attributive adjective. English examples include I, you, him, who, me, my, each other.
- To fight for, defend, or contend for something
- The condition of being prudish; prudishness
- Prudish behaviour
- of excessive propriety; easily offended or shocked, especially by sexual matters
- A removal of excess material from a tree or shrub.
- Something obtained by pruning, as a twig.
- A method of enumeration that allows the cutting out of parts of a decision tree.
- A papular disease of the skin, with intense itching as the main symptom.
- derived from Prussian blue
- of, or derived from prussic acid; hydrocyanic
- Of or pertaining to puberty.
- The process of sexual development of children that makes them into adolescents capable of reproducing sexually (i.e., making babies through sexual intercourse), and makes them have secondary sex characteristics.
- The age at which a person is first capable of sexual reproduction.
- Any plant louse, or aphid.
- Very sour, so that the lips pucker.
- Inclined to become puckered or wrinkled; full of puckers or wrinkles.
- One who converts cast iron into wrought iron by the process of puddling.
- An act of puffing.
- Fulsome public praise.
- A strip of cloth wound around the upper portion of a hat or helmet, particularly a pith helmet, and falling down behind to act as a shade for the back of the neck.
- The print or track of an animal.
- A person who punches (in a specified manner).
- A cowpuncher; a cowboy.
- A person who likes to make puns.
- The general public, a body of customers.
- of or pertaining to the pupil (of the eye)
- Of or pertaining to the Puranas.
- A peninsula in Dorset, England
- A local government district in Dorset.
- an unincorporated community in Indiana, USA.
- a small city in Missouri, USA.
- a city in Oklahoma, USA
- A part of a sugarhouse where molasses is drained from sugar.
- The act or an instance of eliminating contamination: a purification, a cleansing, particularly:
- A removal of undesirable people.
- The cleansing of a device by flushing it with water, steam, or some other liquid or gas.
- The removal of waste from the human body, particularly:
- The removal of excess humors through bloodletting, induced vomitting, etc.
- The removal of digested waste: defecation; defecation induced by laxatives.
- Vomiting; vomiting induced by purgatives.
- That which is purged: contamination, a contaminant; refuse; sin; etc.
- of: the act or an instance of removing guilt or suspicion of a misdeed.
- The ground on the edges of a forest, especially when partly subject to the same forest laws concerning game hunting etc.
- The outskirts of any place; an adjacent district; the environs or neighborhood.
- That purls; rippling, eddying.
- The motion of a small stream among obstructions; flowing with a murmuring sound.
- To take the property of another, often in breach of trust; to appropriate wrongfully; to steal.
- To commit theft; to thieve.
- of (shades of the colour)
- swine fever or hog cholera
- ear cockle
- To convey, imply, or profess outwardly (often falsely).
- To intend.
- import, intention or purpose
- disguise; covering
- An object to be reached; a target; an aim; a goal.
- A result that is desired; an intention.
- The act of intending to do something; resolution; determination.
- The subject of discourse; the point at issue.
- The reason for which something is done, or the reason it is done in a particular way.
- Instance; example.
- Have set as one's purpose; resolve to accomplish; intend; plan.
- (passive) Designed for some purpose.
- To have a purpose or intention; to discourse.
- In a pursy manner; out of breath.
- An expression or motion that purses.
- One who pursues.
- The party who initiates a lawsuit; a plaintiff.
- The act of pursuing.
- A hobby or recreational activity, done regularly.
- A discipline in track cycling where two opposing teams start on opposite sides of the track and try to catch their opponents.
- In early Vedas, a cosmic man whose sacrifice by the gods created all life.
- In the Upanishad, an abstract essence of self, spirit and the Universal Principle that is eternal, without form and all-pervasive, distinguished from the mutable material world.
- The enacting part of a statute.
- The scope of a statute.
- Scope or range of interest or control.
- Range of understanding.
- A rod in a piston engine that actuates rocker arms above the cylinder head.
- A fish-trap in the form of a conical basket, traditionally used in parts of Great Britain, where they are set out in rows against the tide.
- To become filled with a pus-like or bile-like substance.
- To reach an advanced stage of decomposition.
- To become gangrenous.
- To make morbid, carious, or gangrenous.
- To corrupt; to make foul.
- One who putties; a glazier.
- A puzzling situation or problem; an enigma.
- A video game in which the player is presented with (usually abstract) puzzles to solve.
- One who solves puzzles as a hobby.
- The opening in a vertebrate, including humans, at the lower end of the stomach that opens into the duodenum.
- A muscular or myovascular structure that controls the opening of an orifice or lumen of an organ.
- a Babylonian lover in the tragedy of Pyramus and Thisbe
- Ancient Greek given name, particularly worn by the king of Epirus (319-272 BC) who defeated Romans in several battles, but sustained heavy losses, from which the term Pyrrhic victory was coined.
- Of or pertaining to pyruvic acid or its derivatives
- A complex nitrogenous compound obtained by heating together pyruvic acid and urea.
- The univalent radical derived from pyruvic acid
- A town in Finistère, Brittany
- One who quips; a jester.
- Given to the commission of rape.
- To equip again; to provide with new equipment
- To pause and get organized before trying again.
- To group or categorize again.
- To fit with new plumbing.
- To plume again or differently.
- To prune again or anew.
- Pertaining to a reputation accorded to another.
- Pertaining to that which is supposed or assumed to be true.
- In a manner as if affected with roup. In a hoarse or husky manner.
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- wrinkled or crumpled
Possible word length