Page 1 from 4
Total results: 3833
- A civil judge in certain Islamic countries.
- An unfledged bird.
- Something immature or unfinished.
- quagmire; marsh; bog.
- Relating to the belief that the is authoritative because it faithfully describes the Christian faith as revealed in the Bible.
- In a quia manner.
- A religious mendicant who owns no personal property.
- A person from Iraq or of Iraqi descent.
- Of, from, or pertaining to Persian Iraq
- Of, from, or pertaining to Iraq, or the Iraqi people.
- A silky material made from nylon fibers.
- The direction in which Muslims face while praying, currently determined as the direction of the Kaaba in Mecca.
- The use of analogy as precedent in Shari'a jurisprudence.
- The sound made by a duck.
- To make a noise like a duck.
- A fraudulent healer or incompetent professional, especially a doctor of medicine; an impostor who claims to have qualifications to practice medicine.
- A charlatan.
- A doctor.
- To practice or commit quackery.
- To make vain and loud pretensions; to boast.
- Falsely presented as having medicinal powers.
- An ancient Germanic people who lived in Moravia
- quadriceps (thigh muscles)
- four of a kind
- To drink or imbibe with vigour or relish; to drink copiously; to swallow in large draughts.
- The act of quaffing, a deep draught.
- A trembling or shaking.
- An earthquake, a trembling of the ground with force.
- To tremble or shake.
- To cause to tremble or shake.
- Inclined to quake; tremulous.
- A medusa or jellyfish.
- A fire-resistant channel for a burner in a boiler or furnace.
- To defeat forcibly.
- To crush or dash to pieces.
- To void or suppress (a subpoena, decision, etc.).
- to drink deeply; to quaff.
- To quiver or tremble.
- A shaking; trembling.
- A woman, now especially an impudent or disreputable woman; a prostitute.
- A young woman, a girl; a daughter.
- With respect to.
- A proportional part or share; the share or proportion assigned to each in a division.
- A prescribed number or percentage that may serve as, for example, a maximum, a minimum, or a goal.
- A restriction on the import of something to a specific quantity.
- A baby pigeon or dove.
- The meat of a squab (i.e. a young (domestic) pigeon or dove) used as food.
- A baby rook.
- A thick cushion, especially a flat one covering the seat of a chair or sofa.
- A person of a short, fat figure.
- To fall plump; to strike at one dash, or with a heavy stroke.
- To furnish with squabs, or cushions.
- Fat; thick; plump; bulky.
- Unfledged; unfeathered.
- With a heavy fall; plump.
- A group of people organized for some common purpose, usually of about ten members.
- A unit of tactical military personnel, or of police officers, usually of about ten members.
- A group of potential players from whom a starting team and substitutes are chosen.
- One's friend group, taken collectively; one's peeps.
- Sloppy mud.
- An oilskin hat; a southwester.
- Relatively short or low, and thick or broad.
- Sitting on the hams or heels; sitting close to the ground; cowering; crouching.
- A position assumed by bending deeply at the knees while resting on one's feet.
- A specific exercise in weightlifting performed by bending deeply at the knees and then rising, especially with a barbell resting across the shoulders.
- A building occupied without permission, as practiced by a squatter.
- A toilet used by squatting as opposed to sitting; a
- Something of no value; nothing.
- A sudden or crushing fall.
- A small vein of ore.
- A mineral consisting of tin ore and spar.
- To bend deeply at the knees while resting on one's feet.
- To exercise by bending deeply at the knees and then rising, while bearing weight across the shoulders or upper back.
- To occupy or reside in a place without the permission of the owner.
- To sit close to the ground; to cower; to stoop, or lie close, to escape observation, as a partridge or rabbit.
- To bruise or flatten by a fall; to squash.
- The angel shark (genus
- A woman, wife; especially a Native American woman.
- A tranquilizer.
- To tranquilize.
- а gated community and oil-processing facilities located in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia
- A sailing vessel of three or more masts, with all masts but the sternmost square-rigged, the sternmost being fore-and-aft-rigged
- any small sailing vessel
- a sailing vessel or boat of any kind
- A former currency unit of Yemen.
- A contact herbicide that produces desiccation and defoliation.
- The center of a planetary epicycle.
- Having comparable measurements in all directions; equidimensional.
- To consider equal, to state as being equivalent.
- To set as equal.
- A statement in assembly language that defines a symbol having a particular value.
- Any of a subgroup of South Africa's heterogeneous and multiracial black people, originally populating the frontiers of the infant living as seminomadic commandos of mounted gunmen.
- A diminutive of the female given name Jacqueline and of its variant spellings.
- The tree.
- The fruit of this tree. It is as large as a small plum, but grows in clusters, and contains four or five large seeds.
- Dense Mediterranean coastal scrub.
- The French resistance movement during World War II, or other similar movements elsewhere.
- National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations, an electronic stock market.
- (plural: qindarka or qintars) An Albanian coin equal to one hundredth of a lek.
- (plural: qintars) A unit of measure, which varies in value depending upon the product measured; for example, a qintar of cotton might be 160 kg of cotton, 50 kg of cotton lint; a qintar of lime, 65 kg.
- That resembles the quack of a duck.
- Fraudulent; characterised by or using the methods of quackery.
- Infested with quackgrass.
- A southern African subspecies of zebra, which went extinct in 1883, and the upper parts of which were reddish brown, becoming paler behind and beneath, while the face, neck, and fore part of the body were marked by dark stripes.
- An edible clam with a hard shell found along the Atlantic Coast of North America, from species Mercenaria mercenaria, formerly Venus mercenaria.
- The largest size of quahog, generally considered only fit for use in chowders and other clam dishes.
- A similar edible clam found along coasts around the North Atlantic, generally in deeper waters, the or
- To dig for quahogs.
- A traditional, shallow, two-handled Scottish cup symbolising friendship. It was originally used to toast the arrival or departure of a visitor.
- a traditional, shallow, two-handled Scottish cup symbolising friendship
- a two-handled drinking vessel
- The a large American sandpiper, Bartramia longicauda, a game bird.
- Of a person: cunning, crafty.
- Cleverly made; artfully contrived.
- Strange or odd; unusual.
- Overly discriminating or needlessly meticulous; fastidious; prim.
- Pleasingly unusual; especially, having old-fashioned charm.
- The vulva.
- queasy; nauseous
- a city in Texas, USA, and the county seat of Hardeman County.
- An organization that, although financed by a government, acts independently of it.
- Any member of a Native American people who once lived in the Arkansas river valley.
- The dialect of Dhegiha spoken by these people.
- A town in Oklahoma.
- A site for mining stone, limestone or slate.
- To obtain (mine) stone by extraction from a quarry.
- To extract or slowly obtain by long, tedious searching.
- An animal which is hunted, notably mammal or bird.
- A part of the entrails of a hunted animal, given to the hounds.
- An object of search or pursuit.
- To secure prey; to prey, as a vulture or harpy.
- A diamond-shaped tile or pane, notably of glass or stone.
- The most abundant mineral on the earth's surface, of chemical composition silicon dioxide, SiO2. It occurs in a variety of forms, both crystalline and amorphous. Found in every environment.
- A card, die, or domino with four spots or pips.
- a trembling shake.
- a trembling of the voice, as in speaking or singing.
- an eighth note, drawn as a crotchet (quarter note) with a tail.
- to shake in a trembling manner.
- to use the voice in a trembling manner, as in speaking or singing.
- To utter quaveringly.
- A thick, bushy plot; a thicket.
- Experiencing or causing nausea or uneasiness, often characterized by an unsettled stomach.
- Easily troubled; squeamish.
- A short-nosed bandicoot found mostly in southern Australia,
- A city in the Balochistan Province of Pakistan and capital of the district by that name.
- A nobody; a person of no importance.
- A goosefoot, native to the Andes and cultivated for its edible seeds.
- The high-protein dried fruits and seeds of this plant, used as a food staple and ground into flour.
- A cat-sized marsupial, Setonix brachyurus, of southwestern Australia.
- name borrowed from
- To throw weighted sticks at small animals.
- To throw anything about awkwardly or irregularly.
- A squall line, multicell line, or part of a squall line.
- A sudden storm, as found in a squall line.
- To cry or wail loudly.
- A scale cast off from the skin; a thin dry shred of epithelium.
- A scale (of metal, or on the eyes etc.).
- The scale, or exopodite, of an antenna of a crustacean.
- A flake of dead skin tissue.
- A hypothetical supersymmetric counterpart to a quark, having a spin of zero instead of one-half.
- A sport played in a walled court with a soft rubber ball and bats like tennis racquets.
- A soft drink made from a fruit-based concentrate diluted with water.
- A place or a situation where people have limited space to move.
- Something soft and easily crushed; especially, an unripe pod of peas.
- Something unripe or soft.
- A sudden fall of a heavy, soft body; also, a shock of soft bodies.
- An extremely one-sided, usually short, match.
- To beat or press into pulp or a flat mass; to crush.
- To compress or restrict (oneself) into a small space; to squeeze.
- To suppress; to force into submission.
- to be hit by the vegetable described below
- A plant and its fruit of any of a few species of the genus Cucurbita, or gourd kind.
- Cucurbita maxima, including and some varieties of pumpkins.
- Cucurbita moschata, butternut squash,
- Cucurbita pepo, most pumpkins, acorn squash, summer squash, zucchini.
- Any other similar-looking plant of other genera.
- Lagenaria siceraria (syn. calabash,
- The edible or decorative fruit of these plants, or this fruit prepared as a dish.
- A shrill noise, especially made by a voice or bird; a yell, scream, or call.
- A four-digit transponder code used by aircraft for identification or transmission of emergency signals.
- An issue or complaint related to aircraft maintenance.
- The American night heron.
- A warning message indicating a possible error.
- To make a squawking noise; to yell, scream, or call out shrilly.
- To speak out; to protest.
- To report an infraction; to rat on or tattle; to disclose a secret.
- To produce a warning message, indicating a possible error.
- To set or transmit a four-digit transponder code. definition
- A short, high-pitched sound, as of two objects rubbing together, or the calls of small animals.
- A card game similar to group solitaire.
- The sound made by mice in anticipation of being filled with cheese.
- A narrow squeak.
- To emit a short, high-pitched sound.
- To inform, to squeal.
- To speak or sound in a high-pitched manner.
- To empty the pile of 13 cards a player deals to oneself in the card game of the same name.
- To win or progress by a narrow margin.
- A high-pitched sound, such as the scream of a child, or noisy worn-down brake pads.
- To scream with a shrill, prolonged sound.
- To give sensitive information about someone to a third party; to rat on someone.
- Conformity to traditional legal decisions in Shari'a jurisprudence.
- a Sufi method of discipline, meditation and mystical insight, or a religious order based on this.
- A citizen of the United States of America, as opposed to a Latin American.
- The Fijian national drink; kava.
- A tree that grows in Jahannam (Hell), whose dwellers are compelled to eat the bitter fruit.
- An acequia, an irrigation ditch.
- Acquisition; the thing gained.
- property acquired by purchase, gift, or otherwise than by inheritance.
- To get.
- To gain, usually by one's own exertions; to get as one's own
- To contract.
- To sample signals and convert them into digital values.
- Acquisition; gain.
- An Islamic cleric, an expert in Islamic law and jurisprudence, especially in medieval and early modern Spain.
- Contained in the whole an integral number of times, a factor or divisor.
- A portion of a total amount of a solution or suspension.
- To separate a volume of solution or suspension into aliquots.
- Act of speaking to another; an address.
- Old, used especially of furniture and household items; out of date.
- An old piece of furniture, household item, or other similar item.
- An old person.
- To shop for antiques; to search for antiques.
- To make an object appear to be an antique in some way.
- A teetotaler; one who does not consume alcohol.
- A Scandinavian liquor that is 40% alcohol and distilled from potato or grain mash. Also called akvavit.
- A Polish, Ukrainian, or Russian drink that is a precursor or variant of vodka. Also called okovita.
- The quality of being watery.
- Consisting mostly of water.
- A village in Ohio.
- A city in Texas.
- In a state of excitement, trepidation or agitation; quivering.
- Looking sideways, as though warily.
- With narrowed eyes.
- A large celebratory meal; a feast.
- A dessert; a course of sweetmeats.
- To participate in a banquet; to feast.
- To have dessert after a feast.
- To treat with a banquet or sumptuous entertainment of food; to feast.
- Having a basque.
- A mixture of charcoal, clay, etc. used in smelting.
- Originally a tribal chief in the Spanish West Indies.
- A local political leader in Latin America.
- Any of a number of tropical blackbirds from Central America and South America, family
- A Canadian porcupine (Erethizon dorsatum).
- equal to each other in size, rank or position.
- An equal person or thing.
- Any of several small marine clams, of the species common in US coastal waters.
- A soft form of limestone made of fragments of shells
- Unvarying, calm and steady; constant and uniform.
- Free from extremes of heat or cold.
- Not easily disturbed; tranquil.
- In an equable manner
- In an equal manner; in equal shares or proportion; with equal and impartial justice; without difference; alike; evenly
- In equal degree or extent; just as.
- A revolution in India or Pakistan.
- A diminutive of the female given name Jacqueline and of its variant spellings.
- A member of an Indian people of northern Honduras.
- The language of these people.
- A glossy, resinous material used as a surface coating; either a natural exudation of certain trees, or a solution of nitrocellulose in alcohol, etc.
- A similar finish, baked onto the inside of cans.
- To apply a lacquer to something or to give something a smooth, glossy finish.
- To separate by fusion, as a more fusible from a less fusible material.
- To melt; to become liquid.
- Any of a group of Old World monkeys of the genus Macaca.
- One who appears in disguise at a masquerade.
- The American black bear.
- A region in Matzikama in South Africa
- A small, handsome trout, found in some of the lakes in Maine.
- A wooden floor made of parquetry.
- The part of a theatre between the orchestra and the parquet circle.
- In some European countries, the branch of the administrative government that handles prosecutions.
- In some European bourses or stock exchanges, the railed-in space within which the agents de change, or privileged brokers, conduct business; also, the business conducted by them, distinguished from the coulisse, or outside market.
- To lay or fit such a floor.
- A pasquin; a lampoon.
- A lampooner.
- A lampoon; a pasquinade.
- Engaging; charming.
- Favorably stimulating to the palate; pleasantly spicy; stimulating.
- Causing hurt feelings; scathing.
- To choke.
- To make a quacking sound.
- A grammatical number referring to four (or more) things.
- A set of points with all the combinatorial properties of a quadric (a quadric being the set of points of PG(n, q) whose coordinates satisfy a quadratic equation).
- A set of four phrases, separated by pauses when speaking or commas when writing.
- A foursome.
- Referring to four (or more) things; of, in or relating to the quadral grammatical number.
- Of or relating to quadral polynomials.
- A square brick or tile; a quarrel.
- A surface whose shape is defined in terms of a quadratic equation
- Of or relating to the second degree; quadratic.
- An old copper coin of small value.
- One who quaffs.
- A quaffable wine.
- The action of the verb to quake.
- That shakes or shivers.
- To describe or characterize something by listing its qualities.
- To make someone, or to become competent or eligible for some position or task.
- To certify or license someone for something.
- To modify, limit, restrict or moderate something; especially to add conditions or requirements for an assertion to be true.
- To mitigate, alleviate (something); to make less disagreeable.
- To compete successfully in some stage of a competition and become eligible for the next stage.
- To give individual quality to; to modulate; to vary; to regulate.
- To throw and catch each object at least twice.
- An instance of throwing and catching each prop at least twice.
- Level of excellence.
- A property or an attribute that differentiates a thing or person.
- High social position. (See also
- The degree to which a man-made object or system is free from bugs and flaws, as opposed to scope of functions or quantity of items.
- In a two-phase liquid–vapor mixture, the ratio of the mass of vapor present to the total mass of the mixture.
- The third step in OPQRST where the responder investigates what the NOI/MOI feels like.
- Being of good worth, well made, fit for purpose.
- A flat file having the handle at one side, so as to be used like a plane.
- Of or pertaining to a quantum
- Of a response, being all-or-none
- A verbal dispute or heated argument.
- A ground of dispute or objection; a complaint.
- earnest desire or longing.
- To disagree.
- To contend, argue fiercely, squabble.
- To find fault; to cavil.
- To argue or squabble with.
- A diamond-shaped piece of coloured glass forming part of a stained glass window.
- A square tile; quarry tile.
- A square-headed arrow for a crossbow.
- A small opening in window tracery, of which the cusps etc. make the form nearly square.
- A four-sided cutting tool or chisel with a diamond-shaped end.
- A fever whose symptoms recur every four days.
- Recurring every four days; especially in designating a form of malaria with such symptoms.
- A music composition in four parts, each performed by a single voice or instrument.
- The set of four musicians who perform a piece of music together in four parts.
- A group of four singers, usually males, who sings together in four-part harmony.
- Any group of four, especially people.
- of, or relating to the fourth degree
- A algebraic equation or function of the fourth degree.
- A curve describing such an equation or function.
- Resembling or containing quartz.
- A native of the West Indies.
- A very bitter triterpenoid lactone, extracted as white crystals from the quassia tree, used in traditional Chinese medicine
- Any of several small copper coins, similar to farthings, in any of several countries.
- Apt to quaver; shaky, trembling.
- The fee charged for using a quay.
- A man who works on a quay.
- Yielding or trembling under the feet, as moist or boggy ground; shaking; moving.
- Like a queach or thicket; thick, bushy.
- To make queasy; sicken.
- the soapbark tree.
- The bark of that tree.
- Of fifth rank or order.
- Consisting of five things; arranged in fives.
- To the base of five; represented by the numerals 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Any of 72 rays associated with the Sun, six for each of the 12 houses of the Zodiac.
- Featuring five growing from a single point;
- An or a of
- recurring after four days (i.e. every five days).
- A fever that recurs after four days (i.e. every five days).
- A city in Arkansas.
- A city in Georgia, United States.
- A village in Louisiana.
- A city in Mississippi
- A small city in Texas
- Return; requital; quittance.
- Former; once; at one time.
- An implement with a handle connected to a round frame strung with wire, sinew, or plastic cords, and used to hit a ball, such as in tennis, or a shuttlecock in badminton.
- To hit with a racquet.
- To play a game that involves using a racquet.
- To dart about in a manner reminiscent of a ball hit by a racquet.
- To exchange back and forth, similar to the way a tennis ball volleys back and forth.
- Any whale with longitudinal skin folds running from below the mouth to the navel, allowing the capacity of the mouth to expand greatly when feeding.
- A weight of four grains; a carat.
- Short and thick; squabbish.
- A heron, Ardeola ralloides, found in Asia, Northern Africa, and Southern Europe.
- Extremely dirty and unpleasant.
- Showing a contemptible lack of moral standards.
- Any member of the Squalidae.
- Characterized by squalls, or sudden violent bursts of wind; gusty.
- Producing or characteristic of loud wails.
- Interrupted by unproductive spots, as a field of turnips or grain.
- Not equally good throughout; not uniform; uneven; faulty.
- Squalidness; foulness; filthiness; squalidity.
- Raised to the second power.
- One who, or that which, squares.
- Quarreler, wrangler.
- Easily squashed when pressed.
- Resembling a bog or marsh underfoot.
- In a squat manner, or while being squat
- Resembling a squawk; raw and grating
- Making squawking sounds.
- Tending to produce a high-pitched sound or squeak.
- queasy; squeamish; fastidious; scrupulous
- A town and seaside resort in the borough of Torbay in southern Devon, England.
- Not the same.
- Out of balance.
- One who is not an equal.
- a city in Wisconsin, USA
- A Native American people from Oregon.
- A river and bay in Oregon.
- Of or pertaining to the Zoque languages.
- To furnish or give experimental knowledge of; to make (one) to know; to make familiar.
- To communicate notice to; to inform; to make cognizant.
- To familiarize; to accustom.
- Developed postfetally; not congenital.
- One who acquires.
- A bank or financial institution that processes credit card or debit card payments on behalf of a merchant.
- The quality of being sufficient, adequate or able to meet the needs.
- A photoprotein, isolated from luminescent jellyfish and other marine organisms, composed of two distinct units: the apoprotein apoaequorin and the prosthetic group coelenterazine.
- An integer that does not divide another into integral parts.
- A sample that has been divided into a set of equal parts, to leave a remainder
- Not dividing another specified integer into integral parts.
- A lead ore found in Cornwall, England, and used to give a green glaze to pottery.
- A person who finishes furniture or objects so they have the appearance of an antique. (Either for decoration or to perpetrate a fraud.)
- A person who browses for antiques.
- An entertainment consisting of swimmers and divers performing to music
- A piece of equipment consisting of an oxygen tank and breathing apparatus used by divers to allow them to breathe underwater at depth.
- To scuba dive.
- An underwater explorer.
- Of or relating to an aquarium.
- A person who maintains an aquarium.
- A spectacle consisting of underwater dance and gymnastics.
- Inhabiting the water.
- A form of etching with acid on a plate partially covered with varnish that produces a print somewhat resembling a watercolour.
- An etching or print made using this method.
- To make such etchings.
- The replacement of a ligand by water in a complex
- An artificial channel that is constructed to convey water from one location to another.
- A structure carrying water over a river or depression, especially in regards to ancient aqueducts.
- Resembling water; watery, liquid
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of eagles; resembling that of an eagle.
- The condition of being watery; wateriness
- A city of Peru, in the south of the country
- Shaped like a bow; arcuate; curved.
- An obsolete matchlock firearm.
- A sort of basque petticoat.
- To give or leave by will; to give by testament.
- To hand down; to transmit.
- To give; to offer; to commit.
- A five-line poetic form which consists of 2, 4, 6, 8 then 2 syllables.
- A five-line poetic form which consists of 1 noun, 2 adjectives, 3 actions, 4 feeling words, then 1 noun that is the same as top noun
- A card game, an ancestor of rummy.
- The nut of the Brazilian palm Attalea funifera.
- A cocktail of rum, lemon or lime juice and sugar, sometimes with fruit added.
- To liquate; to smelt.
- To part by liquation.
- The fact of being equal.
- The fact of being equal, of having the same value.
- The equal treatment of people irrespective of social or cultural differences.
- To make equal; to cause to correspond in amount or degree.
- To be equal to; to equal, to rival.
- To make the scoreline equal by scoring points.
- To clear the ears to balance the pressure in the middle ear with the outside pressure by letting air enter along the Eustachian tubes.
- Said of a morphism: to pre-compose with each of a parallel pair of morphisms so as to yield the same composite morphism.
- Matched; found comparable.
- Of, pertaining to, or being an equative.
- A construction showing an equal quality. In English, this is normally formed using as. For example, the equative of happy is as happy as.
- A word in the equative form.
- A grammatical case in certain languages, including Ossetic and Sumerian, that indicates something is like something else. English equivalents include he was the same age as her and he looks like him.
- Having axes of approximately the same dimensions.
- Mounted on, or sitting upon, a horse; riding on horseback.
- Overlapping at the base.
- Of or pertaining to funerals; funereal.
- The concussion that occurs when large masses of ice break up due to contraction.
- Embodied in, or changed into, water.
- Fabric woven on a Jacquard loom.
- Fabric resembling a jacquard, but woven by a different process.
- A jacquard loom.
- A citrus tree, a cross between a lime and a kumquat,
- The fruit from this tree
- Capable of being melted.
- A fish sauce used in Ancient Rome.
- A preliminary model or sketch used in preparation for making a sculpture.
- leather made from goatskin
- A title of nobility ranking beneath a duke and above an earl.
- A muskrat, Ondatra zibethicus.
- A form of Arabic calligraphy mostly used for Persian and languages it has influenced, including Urdu and Ottoman Turkish.
- Not equal; unequal, different.
- One who is not an equal; a person of differing rank or status.
- Not included in a quota
- In an opaque manner.
- A poisonous yellow herbicide derived from bipyridine
- A species of nightjar found from the far southern part of the US through Central and South America,
- piquancy; having a piquant taste.
- The degree to which something is piquant, stimulating or exciting.
- A member of the an early Islamic movement which held that man was endowed by God with free will.
- The practice of fraudulent medicine, usually in order to make money or for ego gratification and power; health fraud.
- An instance of practicing fraudulent medicine.
- Making quacking sounds, or prone to doing so.
- The sound made by a group of ducks; quacks.
- Like a quack (fraudulent doctor), or characteristic of quackery.
- Behaviour of a quack; quackery.
- A building divided into four separate residences or commercial premises
- A bronze coin of the Roman republic worth one quarter of an as.
- A grouping of four things.
- A government committee of four economic experts.
- A Roman racing chariot drawn by four horses abreast.
- A team of four horses, or sometimes other animals, especially as used in chariot racing.
- A person of three-fourths Caucasian descent and one fourth African descent.
- A person of three-quarters Aboriginal descent and one quarter Caucasian descent; a person of one quarter Aboriginal descent.
- Having three-fourths Caucasian descent and one-fourth African descent.
- In ancient Rome, a commission to inquire into a criminal matter given to a citizen (the quaesitor) who then reported to whoever appointed him.
- The act by which something is quaffed; a drinking.
- A swampy, soggy area of ground.
- A perilous, mixed up and troubled situation; a hopeless tangle; a predicament.
- To embroil (a person, etc.) in complexity or difficulty.
- Like a quagmire.
- The act of one who quails, or draws back in fear.
- In a quaint manner; oddly; strangely.
- Pertaining to Quakers.
- Befitting a Quaker.
- Affected with qualms; queasy, nauseous.
- The first person one encounters, either after leaving one's home or (sometimes) outside one's home, especially on New Year's Day.
- A state of not knowing what to decide; a state of difficulty or perplexity; a state of uncertainty, hesitation or puzzlement; a pickle; a predicament.
- A dilemma, a difficult decision or choice.
- Any of several species of Santalum:
- A small southern Australian shrub ( or its edible red fruit.
- The ( or its fruit.
- The ( or its fruit.
- Any of many species of
- ( or its fruit.
- quandong (
- quandong (
- ( )
- A confidence trickster.
- To assign a quantity to.
- To determine the value of (a variable or expression).
- A fundamental, generic term used when referring to the measurement (count, amount) of a scalar, vector, number of items or to some other way of denominating the value of a collection or group of items.
- An indefinite amount of something.
- A specific measured amount.
- A considerable measure or amount.
- Property of a phenomenon, body, or substance, where the property has a magnitude that can be expressed as number and a reference.
- Indicates that the entire preceding expression is henceforth considered a single object.
- To limit the number of possible values of a quantity, or states of a system, by applying the rules of quantum mechanics
- To approximate a continuously varying signal by one whose amplitude can only have a set of discrete values
- To shift each beat in a rhythmic pattern to the nearest beat of a given resolution (eighth note, sixteenth note, etc.), or to adjust the frequency or pitch of a note to the nearest perfect tone in a given musical scale
- Provided with prey.
- Somebody who works in a quarry.
- A cockatiel, Nymphicus hollandicus.
- A quarter part; one fourth.
- A loaf of bread weighing about four pounds.
- Housing, barracks or other habitation or living space. Compare cuarto.
- The place where someone or something lives
- A commonly played university drinking game in North America.
- Any of the three points that divide an ordered distribution into four parts, each containing a quarter of the population.
- Any one of the four groups so divided.
- A supposed fourth integument of an ovule, counting from the outside.
- The action of quashing something.
- Relating to the belief that the is authoritative insofar as it faithfully describes the Christian faith as revealed in the Bible; admitting the possibility that the Book of Concord might contradict the Bible.
- In a quatenus manner.
- The four aces, kings, queens, jacks, or tens, in the game of piquet, any of these counting as fourteen points.
- A poem in four lines.
- A stanza of four lines.
- Resembling a quay or some aspect of one.
- An area alongside a quay.
- In a queasy manner; delicately; squeamishly.
- Of, or pertaining, to the Quechua people or language.
- A member of the Quechua people.
- Quechua, the language spoken by the Quechua people.
- One who is legally empowered to look into certain matters, especially abuses of weights and measures.
- A churchwarden's assistant; a sidesman.
- A collector of parish rents.
- A confection of quinces, in consistency between a syrup and marmalade.
- Quietness; stillness, peace.
- A neume of uncertain meaning, consisting of several jagged lines.
- An extract from the bark of the soapbark tree, used as a food additive.
- A group of Native American peoples from western Washington in the United States.
- A form of bet in which the bettor predicts the first two finishers in a race, without concern for the order of finishing.
- To have two team members, horses, etc., finish first and second in the same event.
- An object (generally a post or plank on a support) set up as a target to be tilted at in jousting, or otherwise used as target practice.
- Of or relating to the one of the
- Capable or worthy of being quoted
- In a way or to an extent that is quotable
- a game for two or four players, played in an enclosed court with a small hard fast-moving ball
- Compensation for loss or damage; amends.
- retaliation or reprisal; vengeance.
- A camellia, native to China and Japan.
- A hydrostatic pressure disturbance caused by an earthquake or volcano in the seabed.Underwater Disturbances, Science and the Sea. Washington, U.S. Naval Oceanographic Office (link)
- Inventor of the syllabary for writing the Cherokee language, also known as George Guess.
- To crush; to quash; to squash.
- A minor fight or argument as between children, for example.
- To participate in a minor fight or argument.
- To disarrange, so that the letters or lines stand awry and require readjustment.
- Having the tendency to squabble, argumentative
- A squad car that also serves as an ambulance.
- Primarily, a square; hence, a square body of troops; a body of troops drawn up in a square.
- A body of cavalry comprising two companies or troops, and averaging from one hundred and twenty to two hundred soldiers.
- A detachment of vessels employed on any particular service or station, under the command of the senior officer
- A tactical air force unit; consists of at least two flights; multiple squadrons make up a group or wing (depending on particular air force).
- A weighted stick used to throw, usually at small animals.
- A linear triterpene hydrocarbon found in shark liver oil and in human sebum; it plays a role in the biosynthesis of steroids.
- One who squalls; a crier, complainer, or bad singer.
- Characteristic of a shark or dogfish
- Any dogfish of the family Squalidae
- Covered in scales.
- Any reptile of the order Squamata.
- An indigenous people of southwestern British Columbia, Canada.
- The Salishan language of this people.
- Resembling a scale.
- Covered with scales; scaly.
- Covered with, made of, or resembling scales; scaly.
- Of or pertaining to the squamosal bone; squamosal
- One of the little hypogynous scales found in the flowers of grasses; a lodicule.
- To waste, lavish, splurge; to spend lavishly or profusely; to dissipate.
- To scatter; to disperse.
- To wander at random; to scatter.
- A picnic on the beach, a clambake.
- in the shape of a square; at right angles
- firmly and solidly
- in a direct, straightforward and honest manner
- The act or process by which something is squared (in various senses).
- approximately square
- A squire who is also the local rector.
- squeezed until flattened, or until a pulp
- suppressed or silenced
- One who, or that which, squashes.
- One who squats, sits down idly.
- One who occupies a building or land without title or permission.
- One who occupied Crown land.
- A large-scale grazier and landowner.
- A squat toilet.
- To squat or sprawl; to duck into concealment.
Possible word length