Page 1 from 48
Total results: 48931
- Gross National Product
- New Democratic Party, a Canadian political party.
- The Nortel Discovery Protocol. (now Avaya)
- National Defense Panel
- To act as an in a game.
- A single base pair of DNA which is polymorphic with respect to a population.
- A particular vasodilator, the nitroprusside of sodium.
- To shape a vitreous mineral (flint, obsidian, chert etc.) by breaking away flakes, often forming a sharp edge or point.
- To rap or strike sharply.
- To bite; to bite off; to break short.
- To make a sound of snapping.
- A sharp blow or slap.
- A protuberance; a swelling; a knob.
- The crest of a hill
- A small hill
- The greater mouse-deer,
- The tongue or pole of a cart or other vehicle drawn by two animals.
- Low; lowest; the ebb or lowest point of a tide.
- Designating a tide which occurs just after the first and third quarters of the moon, when there is least difference between high tide and low tide.
- To trap a ship (or ship and crew) in water too shallow to move, due to the smaller tidal range occurring in a period of neap tides.
- to ooze, to sink, to subside, to tail
- A neap tide.
- The swede (rutabaga), called "turnip" in Scotland.
- not closed; accessible; unimpeded
- Not drawn together, closed, or contracted; extended; expanded.
- Actively conducting or prepared to conduct business.
- Candid, ingenuous, not subtle in character.
- Having a free variable.
- Which is part of a predefined collection of subsets of <math>X</math>, that defines a topological space on <math>X</math>.
- Whose first and last vertices are different.
- In current use; mapped to part of memory.
- Not fulfilled.
- Not settled or adjusted; not decided or determined; not closed or withdrawn from consideration.
- Without any fingers pressing the string against the fingerboard.
- Not of a quality to prevent communication, as by closing waterways, blocking roads, etc.; hence, not frosty or inclement; mild; used of the weather or the climate.
- Uttered with a relatively wide opening of the articulating organs; said of vowels.
- Uttered, as a consonant, with the oral passage simply narrowed without closure.
- That ends in a vowel; not having a coda.
- Made public, usable with a free licence.
- Resulting from an incision, puncture or any other process by which the skin no longer protects an internal part of the body.
- To make something accessible or remove an obstacle to its being accessible.
- To bring up (a topic).
- To make accessible to customers or clients.
- To start (a campaign).
- To become open.
- To begin conducting business.
- To enter upon; to begin.
- To begin a side's innings as one of the first two batsmen.
- To bet before any other player has in a particular betting round in a game of poker.
- To reveal one's hand.
- To load into memory for viewing or editing.
- To spread; to expand into an open or loose position.
- To disclose; to reveal; to interpret; to explain.
- A sports event in which anybody can compete; as, the Australian Open.
- a wire that is broken midway.
- (with the) Open or unobstructed space; an exposed location.
- (with the) Public knowledge or scrutiny; full view.
- The (often spherical) end of the head of a hammer opposite the main hammering end.
- To shape metal by striking it, especially with a peen.
- To hang down.
- To arch over (something); to vault.
- To hang; to depend.
- An archway; especially, a vaulted passageway leading through a tenement-style building from the main street, giving access to the rear of the building or an internal courtyard.
- To pen; to confine.
- To consider pending; to delay or postpone (something).
- oil cake
- Of, pertaining to, or having many pines
- a cone shaped spool or bobbin on which thread or yarn is wound used most often for weaving
- A hill in Athens, the meeting-place of the democratic assembly in Ancient Greece.
- A city of Peru, in the southwest of the country by Lake Titicaca
- A new pupil at a school etc.; a junior student.
- A younger person.
- A beginner, a novice.
- An inferior person; a subordinate.
- Of inferior size, strength or significance.
- small, weak, not effective.
- An albuminoid constituent of pus, related to mucin, possibly a mixture of substances rather than a single body.
- To cut with short sharp actions, as with scissors.
- To reduce the price of a product, to create a snip.
- To break off; to snatch away.
- To circumcise.
- To remove the irrelevant parts of quotations in the reply message.
- The act of snipping; cutting a small amount off of something.
- A single cut with scissors, clippers, or similar tool.
- Something acquired for a low price; a bargain.
- A small amount of something; a pinch.
- A vasectomy.
- A small or weak person, especially a young one.
- An impertinent or mischievous person.
- A share or portion; a snack.
- A tailor.
- A chemical compound isolated from parsley and celery, and whose aglycone is apigenin.
- Foolish imitation or mimicry.
- The cessation of breathing.
- An article of clothing worn over the front of the torso and/or legs for protection from spills.
- A hard surface bordering a structure or area.
- The paved area of an airport, especially the area where aircraft park away from a terminal
- The spreading end of a driveway.
- The paved area below the yellow line on a race track.
- The loading, parking or roadway area immediately beside a railway station
- The portion of a stage extending towards the audience beyond the proscenium arch in a theatre.
- A large decal toward the bottom of a pinball table.
- The sides of a tree’s canopy.
- The cap of a cannon; a piece of lead laid over the vent to keep the priming dry.
- A removable cover for the passangers' feet and legs in an open horse carriage.
- form of (old unit of measure)
- A succulent berry with a thick rind, the fruit of plants in the genus
- A rich goblet, especially one used on state occasions.
- To shut up or enclose, as in a pen.
- Unapt; not apt; unsuitable; inept.
- Not able to do something; not proficient; displaying incompetence.
- Unfit; unsuitable.
- The act or process of putting in; infusion.
- That which is put in, as in an amount.
- Contribution, or share in a contribution.
- Something fed into a process with the intention of it shaping or affecting the output of that process.
- To put in; put on.
- To enter data.
- To accept data that is entered.
- A close-fitting sleeveless jacket, descending below the hips, worn over armour.
- A petticoat.
- Any member of the genus Lupinus in the family Fabaceae.
- A a yellow legume seed of a Lupinus plant (usually which is commonly eaten in the Mediterranean area and in Latin America although it is toxic if prepared improperly.
- A Mayan language spoken in Belize and Guatemala.
- Finished, dead, no more, gone; non-existent.
- To finish; to put an end to; to kill.
- mashed swede (called "turnip" in Scotland), especially when served with tatties (potatoes) and haggis.
- A son of Lehi.
- A city in Utah, USA
- A pungent Burmese condiment made from fermented and compressed fish or shrimp paste.
- A prickly pear cactus from the genus Opuntia, especially
- The larva of certain insects.
- Any minor female deity associated with water, forests, grotto, etc.
- A young girl, especially one who is thought to inspire lustful feelings.
- The phenomenon of successively younger rock strata extending progressively further across an erosion surface cut in older rocks.
- To form an onlap.
- Any of a group of light-sensitive proteins in the retina
- A foot containing any pattern of three short syllables and one long syllable.
- A length of wax-print fabric made in West Africa, worn as a single wrap or made into other clothing, and serving as a form of currency.
- An island of the Philippines, located in the Visayas
- A fulling mill.
- mashed potatoes
- To strike on the palm of the hand with a strap as a school punishment.
- A slap on the palm of the hand with a strap.
- Having panes of a certain kind.
- A large broad-bladed knife.
- Any of various edible freshwater fish of the genus Pangasius, native to southeast Asia, especially the iridescent shark, now reclassified as
- A type of modest-sized, open, outboard-powered, fishing boat common throughout much of the developing world, including Central America, the Caribbean, parts of Africa, the Middle East, and much of Asia.
- A small inflatable motorboat used in Latin America.
- A cultivated flowering plant, derived by hybridization within species Viola tricolor.
- A deep purple colour, like that of the pansy.
- A male homosexual, especially one who is effeminate.
- A timid, weak man or boy; a wuss.
- Wimpy; spineless; feeble.
- Of a deep purple colour, like that of the pansy.
- Short trousers for men, or more usually boys.
- An article of clothing worn as underpants by women.
- A helmet cover.
- The state capital of Bihar (India).
- (1858–1932), Italian mathematician.
- A deciduous tree, of the central and southern United States, having deeply furrowed bark, pinnately compound leaves, and edible nuts.
- A smooth, thin-shelled, edible oval nut of this tree.
- A half of the edible portion of the inside of this nut.
- A flowering plant of the genus Paeonia with large fragrant flowers.
- Any of several substructures of a more complex molecule.
- A genetically determined phenotype.
- A bearing representing the head of a dart or javelin, with long barbs which are engrailed on the inner edge.
- Any of a class of fibrous proteins found in pilus structures in bacteria
- A tablet or register.
- A list or scheme inscribed on a tablet.
- To squeeze a small amount of a person's skin and flesh, making it hurt.
- To squeeze between the thumb and forefinger.
- To squeeze between two objects.
- To steal, usually of something almost trivial or inconsequential.
- To arrest or capture.
- To cut shoots or buds of a plant in order to shape the plant, or to improve its yield.
- To sail so close-hauled that the sails begin to flutter.
- To take hold; to grip, as a dog does.
- To be niggardly or covetous.
- To seize; to grip; to bite; said of animals.
- To cramp; to straiten; to oppress; to starve.
- To move, as a railroad car, by prying the wheels with a pinch.
- To complain or find fault.
- The action of squeezing a small amount of a person's skin and flesh, making it hurt.
- A small amount of powder or granules, such that the amount could be held between fingertip and thumb tip.
- An awkward situation of some kind (especially money or social) which is difficult to escape.
- An organic herbal smoke additive.
- A magnetic compression of an electrically-conducting filament
- A socialist who is not wholly communist.
- Methylated spirits mixed with red wine or Condy's crystals.
- A baby mouse, especially when used as food for a snake, etc.
- A white person.
- The smallest finger or toe of a hand or foot.
- The visible part of the ear that resides outside of the head, the auricle; outer ear excluding the ear canal.
- A leaflet or primary segment of a pinnate compound leaf.
- A feather, wing, fin, or other similar appendage.
- A sleeveless dress, often similar to an apron, generally worn over other clothes.
- A simple jersey worn to denote teams or groups.
- A city in Belarus.
- A long, broad and thick piece of timber, as opposed to a board which is less thick.
- A political issue that is of concern to a faction or a party of the people and the political position that is taken on that issue.
- Physical exercise in which one holds a pushup position for a measured length of time.
- A stupid person, idiot.
- That which supports or upholds.
- To cover something with planking.
- To bake (fish, etc.) on a piece of cedar lumber.
- To lay down, as on a plank or table; to stake or pay cash.
- To harden, as hat bodies, by felting.
- To splice together the ends of slivers of wool, for subsequent drawing.
- To pose for a photograph while lying rigid, face down, arms at side, in an unusual place.
- A style of Puerto Rican music having a highly syncopated rhythm and often satirical lyrics
- A song in this style
- A short, high-pitched metallic or percussive sound.
- To make a plink sound.
- To play a song or a portion of a song, usually on a percussion instrument such as a piano.
- An ancient Roman praenomen.
- Pliny the Elder, Gaius Plinius Secundus (23–79 AD): an ancient Roman nobleman, scientist and historian, author of Naturalis Historia, "Pliny's Natural History".
- Pliny the Younger, Gaius Plinius Caecilius Secundus (63–ca. 113): an ancient Roman statesman, orator, and writer, a great-nephew of Pliny the Elder.
- The sound of something solid landing.
- To set or toss (something) down carelessly.
- To automatically ignore a particular poster; to killfile.
- Precisely and forcefully.
- Cheap or inferior everyday wine.
- A female police constable.
- A seizure of property etc in lieu of a debt; the animal or property so seized
- To seize property in this manner
- A discrete division of something.
- An individual element in a larger whole; a particular detail, thought, or quality.
- A particular moment in an event or occurrence; a juncture.
- Condition, state.
- A topic of discussion or debate; a proposition, a focus of conversation or consideration.
- The smallest quantity of something; a jot, a whit.
- A tiny amount of time; a moment.
- A specific location or place, seen as a spatial position.
- A zero-dimensional mathematical object representing a location in one or more dimensions; something considered to have position but no magnitude or direction.
- A purpose or objective.
- A full stop or other terminal punctuation mark.
- A dot or mark used to designate certain tones or time. In ancient music, it distinguished or characterized certain tones or styles (points of perfection, of augmentation, etc.). In modern music, it is placed on the right of a note to raise its value, or prolong its time, by one half.
- A note; a tune.
- A distinguishing quality or characteristic.
- Something tiny, as a pinprick; a very small mark.
- A tenth; formerly also a twelfth.
- Each of the marks or strokes written above letters, especially in Semitic languages, to indicate vowels, stress etc.
- A unit of scoring in a game or competition.
- A decimal point (now especially when reading decimal fractions aloud).
- A unit used to express differences in prices of stocks and shares.
- a unit of measure equal to 1/12 of a pica, or approximately 1/72 of an inch (exactly 1/72 of an inch in the digital era).
- An electric power socket.
- A unit of bearing equal to one thirty-second of a circle, i.e. 11.25°.
- A sharp extremity.
- The sharp tip of an object.
- Any projecting extremity of an object.
- An object which has a sharp or tapering tip.
- Each of the twelve triangular positions in either table of a backgammon board, on which the stones are played.
- A peninsula or promontory.
- The position at the front or vanguard of an advancing force.
- Each of the main directions on a compass, usually considered to be 32 in number; a direction.
- The difference between two points of the compass.
- Pointedness of speech or writing; a penetrating or decisive quality of expression.
- A railroad switch.
- An area of contrasting colour on an animal, especially a dog; a marking.
- A tine or snag of an antler.
- A movement executed with the sabre or foil.
- One of the several different parts of the escutcheon.
- A short piece of cordage used in reefing sails.
- A string or lace used to tie together certain garments.
- Lace worked by the needle.
- An item of private information; a hint; a tip; a pointer.
- The attitude assumed by a pointer dog when he finds game.
- The perpendicular rising of a hawk over the place where its prey has gone into cover.
- The act of pointing, as of the foot downward in certain dance positions.
- The gesture of extending the index finger in a direction in order to indicate something.
- A vaccine point.
- In various sports, a position of a certain player, or, by extension, the player occupying that position.
- A fielding position square of the wicket on the off side, between gully and cover.
- The position of the player of each side who stands a short distance in front of the goalkeeper.
- The position of the pitcher and catcher.
- A spot to which a straight run is made; hence, a straight run from point to point; a cross-country run.
- To extend the index finger in the direction of something in order to show where it is or to draw attention to it.
- To draw attention to something or indicate a direction.
- To face in a particular direction.
- To direct toward an object; to aim.
- To give a point to; to sharpen; to cut, forge, grind, or file to an acute end.
- To indicate a probability of something.
- To repair mortar.
- To fill up and finish the joints of (a wall), by introducing additional cement or mortar, and bringing it to a smooth surface.
- To cut, as a surface, with a pointed tool.
- To direct or encourage (someone) in a particular direction.
- To separate an integer from a decimal with a decimal point.
- To mark with diacritics.
- To supply with punctuation marks; to punctuate.
- To direct the central processing unit to seek information at a certain location in memory.
- To direct requests sent to a domain name to the IP address corresponding to that domain name.
- To sail close to the wind.
- To indicate the presence of game by a fixed and steady look, as certain hunting dogs do.
- To approximate to the surface; to head.
- To appoint.
- To give point to (something said or done); to give particular prominence or force to.
- Resembling a pond; pondlike
- Cyathea dealbata, a medium-sized tree fern endemic to New Zealand.
- Reminiscent of pornography; somewhat pornographic.
- a species of freshwater whitefish endemic to Loch Lomond in Scotland.
- Respiration, breathing, seen as a life principle or life force.
- An evil deed; a malicious trick, an act of cruel deception.
- A practical joke or mischievous trick.
- To adorn in a showy manner; to dress or equip ostentatiously.
- To make ostentatious show.
- To perform a practical joke on; to trick.
- To call someone's phone and promptly hang up
- Full of gambols or tricks.
- A shrimp of the suborder Dendrobranchiata.
- (Britain and commonwealth of nations) A large shrimp
- A woman with a very toned body, but an unattractive face.
- To fish for prawns.
- A forked tool used by clothiers for dressing cloth.
- bodkin; brooch
- To pin; fasten.
- To groom; to trim or dress with the beak, as the feathers.
- To show off, posture, or smarm.
- To trim up, as trees.
- to give a wink; to wink.
- the act of adjusting dress or appearance; a sprucing up
- to look, gaze
- to dress finely, primp, preen, spruce up
- to strut, put on pompous airs, be pretentious
- A thin, pointed, projecting part.
- A branch; a fork.
- to pierce or poke with, or as if with, a prong
- A plum.
- The dried, wrinkled fruit of certain species of plum.
- An old woman, especially a wrinkly one.
- To remove excess material from a tree or shrub; to trim, especially to make more healthy or productive.
- To cut down or shorten (by the removal of unnecessary material).
- To remove unnecessary branches from a tree data structure.
- To preen; to prepare; to dress.
- To become wrinkled like a dried plum, as the fingers and toes do when kept submerged in water.
- A small piece of glass fused to the main body of a piece of glasswork and then shaped or pressed, for decoration
- A small sloop or shallop, or a large boat with sails.
- Of or relating to ancient Carthage, its inhabitants, or their language.
- Perfidious, treacherous, faithless.
- The language of Carthage.
- Of or pertaining to punk (touchwood) - soft or rotted.
- Of or pertaining to the punk subculture.
- Involving the use of a pun.
- Who makes puns.
- A metal rod used in the glassblowing process. After a glass vessel has been blown to approximate size and the bottom of the piece has been finalized, the rod, which is tipped with a wad of hot glass, is attached to the bottom of the vessel to hold it while the top is finalized. It often leaves an irregular or ring-shaped scar on the base when removed called the "pontil mark".
- Any of a class of heterocyclic compounds containing a ring of five carbon atoms and an oxygen atom; especially the simplest one, C5H6O.
- to grow ripe; to become mature, as in botany: grain, fruit, flowers, and the like;
- To approach or come to perfection.
- To cause to mature; to make ripe
- To mature; to fit or prepare; to bring to perfection
- a cathedral city in the Borough of Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
- To be devious and cunning so as not to be seen.
- To secretly spy on or investigate, especially into the private personal life of others.
- The act of snooping
- One who snoops
- A private detective
- To beat, smack or slap a person's buttocks, with the bare hand or other object, as punishment, gesture, or form of sexual interaction.
- To soundly defeat, to trounce.
- To move rapidly.
- An instance of spanking, separately or part of a multiple blows-beating; a smack, swat, or slap.
- A slapping sound, as produced by spanking.
- A teat or nipple of a cow
- to wean
- To pay out (money).
- To bestow; to employ; often with on or upon.
- To squander.
- To exhaust, to wear out.
- To consume, to use up (time).
- To have an orgasm; to ejaculate sexually.
- To waste or wear away; to be consumed.
- To be diffused; to spread.
- To break ground; to continue working.
- Amount spent (during a period), expenditure
- expenditures; money or pocket money.
- Discharged semen
- Vaginal discharge
- Consumed, used up, exhausted, depleted.
- covered in spines or thorns
- troublesome; difficult or vexing
- Like a spine in shape; slender.
- A long and narrow piece of land, resembling a tongue, especially a short peninsula
- A spark.
- Touchwood; tinder.
- A piece of tinder, sometimes impregnated with sulphur; a match.
- Courage; spirit; mettle; determination.
- An attractive person (normally male).
- To ejaculate.
- An Israeli school where the Hebrew language is taught to new immigrants.
- Not apt, inappropriate, unsuited.
- To remove a cap or cover from.
- Ill luck; misfortune.
- The cause of her unhap. — Sir P. Sidney.
- Not hip; uncool, unfashionable.
- To undo, take back, or annul, as a payment.
- To remove from a peg.
- To release from a pen.
- To unfasten by removing a pin.
- To detach (an icon, application, etc.) from the place where it was previously pinned.
- To remove from a pot.
- To open something by ripping/tearing.
- To release a flow of (creativity, potential, etc.); to unleash.
- To open something using a zipper.
- To come open by means of a zipper.
- To decompress (a zip file).
- The time during which the sun is up, or above the horizon; the time between sunrise and sunset.
- Any of several places in England (derived from upper town) and elsewhere.
- derived from the English places.
- name transferred from the surname.
- State or condition of sightlessness, often due to medical reasons.
- A prehistoric man resembling an ape.
- Exhibiting or relating to apnea: no longer breathing
- To hang or attach to, as by a string, so that the thing is suspended;
- To add, as an accessory to the principal thing; to annex
- To write more data to the end of a pre-existing file, string, or other non-constant data type.
- An instance of writing more data to the end of an existing file.
- Of or pertaining to (ca. 340 Ancient Roman politician who built the
- name, notably borne by (c. 95 – c. 165), a Roman historian of Greek descent
- A subdivision of the Early (Lower) Cretaceous epoch.
- A pre-metric French unit of length, having various official measures.
- A pre-metric French unit of area, having various official measures.
- A pan used for urination and defecation while in bed, now usually for reasons of medical necessity or convenience.
- To spin around or about, so as to cover; spin all over.
- Relating to books printed at Zweibrücken in Bavaria.
- A mythical Australian monster, said to inhabit swamps and lagoons.
- An imposter or con-man.
- A high cover providing shelter, such as a cloth supported above an object, particularly over a bed.
- Any overhanging or projecting roof structure, typically over entrances or doors.
- The zone of the highest foliage and branches of a forest.
- In an airplane, the transparent cockpit cover.
- In a parachute, the cloth that fills with air and thus limits the falling speed.
- To cover with or as if with a canopy.
- To go through the canopy of a forest on a zipline.
- The cap or coupling of a flail, through which the thongs pass that connect the handle and swingel.
- The triglyceride of capric acid; a constituent of butterfat
- A particular phthalimide fungicide.
- ethyl mercaptan
- Relating to, or characteristic of Capua.
- To carjack, steal a vehicle forcibly from someone.
- The top layer of a brick wall, especially one that slopes in order to throw off water.
- The process of managing taxing circumstances, expending effort to solve personal and interpersonal problems, and seeking to master, minimize, reduce or tolerate stress or conflict.
- Clipping the beak or talons of a bird.
- To make deep or deeper
- To make darker or more intense; to darken
- To make more poignant or affecting; to increase in degree
- To make lower in tone
- To make more thorough or extensive.
- To make more intimate.
- To make more sound or heavy.
- To become deeper
- To become darker or more intense
- To become lower in tone
- To become more thorough or extensive.
- To become more intimate.
- To become more sound or heavy.
- A substance added in small amounts to a pure semiconductor material to alter its conductive properties.
- A double cocoon, made by two silkworms.
- To build and/or inhabit a camp or temporary shelter.
- fascinated, enraptured
- To catch something in a trap or snare.
- To lure someone, either into a dangerous situation, or into performing an illegal act.
- To wrap around, surround; to envelop
- To absorb completely or engross
- Ancient Greek goddess of soothing of pain; in fact, her name actually means soothing.
- The name of a real or fictitious person whose name has, or is thought to have, given rise to the name of a particular item.
- A word formed from a real or fictive person’s name.
- A market town in Essex, England.
- A town in New Hampshire.
- A city/village in North Dakota.
- Normal, relaxed breathing; healthy condition of inhalation and exhalation.
- To change (something) from a smaller form and/or size to a larger one.
- To increase the extent, number, volume or scope of (something).
- To express (something) at length and/or in detail.
- To rewrite (an expression) as a longer, yet equivalent sum of terms.
- To multiply both the numerator and the denominator of a fraction by the same natural number yielding a fraction of equal value
- To (be) change(d) from a smaller form/size to a larger one.
- To (be) increase(d) in extent, number, volume or scope.
- To speak or write at length or in detail.
- To feel generous or optimistic.
- to consume, exhaust
- to spend, disburse
- To take by storm; capture.
- Wide open.
- The act of one who gapes.
- Something gaping; something
- A bowl made of the two hands cupped together.
- Any small molecule that can elicit an immune response only when attached to a large carrier such as a protein.
- A long straight pin, often with a decorative head, used to secure a woman's hat to her hair.
- Made of hemp
- Related to hempen ropes, i.e., to hanging as capital punishment.
- neat; fit; comfortable
- Filled with or inspiring hope.
- The symbol "‐", typically used to join two or more words to form a compound term, or to indicate that a word has been split at the end of a line.
- Something that links two more consequential things.
- To separate or punctuate with a hyphen; to hyphenate.
- That induces sleep
- To place an item into pawn.
- To pledge an item of value in return for a loan, or a trade for money.
- To expect to, or be about to, happen or occur, especially of something which takes some time such as a process or procedure rather than just a short event. "To impend" often has the connotation of threat.
- To overhang.
- To pay.
- To assault, attack.
- To verbally assault, especially to argue against an opinion, motive, or action; to question the truth or validity of.
- To take in or ingest.
- To begin.
- To confine or enclose as with a hoop or hoops; coop up.
- A pot for holding ink; inkwell.
- To yoke oxen.
- To bring or force into service.
- To stop; close; shut; make fast.
- A kind of litter or palanquin formerly used in India.
- A large city in India, in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- To seize and detain a person unlawfully; sometimes for ransom.
- An instance of kidnapping.
- A ceremonial sword that must be worn at all times by baptized Sikhs, and one of the five Ks.
- Having knaps; full of protuberances or humps; knobby
- A group of native American people who were living in what is now New Jersey and along the Delaware River in Pennsylvania, the coast of Delaware, and the lower Hudson Valley and New York Harbor in New York, at the time of the arrival of the Europeans in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.
- The languages spoken by all of this group; Delaware
- The language spoken in the southern range of this group in coastal Delaware, southern New Jersey, and eastern Pennsylvania; Unami.
- To pen badly or wrongly.
- A tree, native to southern Africa.
- The or
- The act of one who mopes.
- A large city in India, in the state of Maharashtra.
- A highly flammable, viscous substance, (designed to stick to the body while burning), used in warfare as an incendiary especially in wooded areas.
- To spray or attack an area using such substance.
- Household linen, especially table linen.
- for someone who sold table linen, or was in charge of the linen of a great house.
- Scottish mathematician etc
- name transferred from the surname.
- A city in New Zealand.
- A village in Western Cape, South Africa.
- An unincorporated community in West Virginia.
- A serviette; a (usually rectangular) piece of cloth or paper used at the table for wiping the mouth and hands for cleanliness while eating.
- A nappy (UK), a diaper (American).
- A small scarf worn on the head by Christian women when entering a Roman Catholic church, as a token of modesty.
- A sanitary napkin.
- of, a graphics language for use with videotex services.
- form of
- A diaper.
- A shallow bowl.
- A type of strong ale.
- Left aground on the height of a spring tide, preventing floating till the next spring tide.
- A river in the south-west and south of Sydney, Australia.
- Someone engaged in private enterprise under Lenin's New Economic Policy in the Soviet Union; by extension, any successful entrepreneur.
- Any of a people descended from the indigenous Algonquian peoples of Nippenet, corresponding to central Massachusetts and immediately adjacent portions of Connecticut and Rhode Island.
- The projection of a mammary gland from which, on female mammals, milk is secreted.
- A mechanical device through which liquids or gases can be passed in a regulated manner.
- An artificial nipple (definition 1) used for bottle-feeding infants.
- Any small physical protrusion, such as the lumps on the F and J keys on American keyboards.
- Any small physical protrusion on an automotive, a machine part or any other part that fits into a groove on another part.
- A perforated segment that fits into the muzzle of a breech-loading gun, on which the percussion cap is fixed.
- A short tube threaded at both ends, used as a connector.
- An internally threaded piece which holds a bicycle spoke in place on the rim.
- An ancient city in Sumer, modern Nuffar in Afak Al-Qādisiyyah Governorate, Iraq.
- A nymph.
- Each of the labia minora.
- Each of a pair of processes in certain bivalves, to which the ends of the external ligament are attached.
- A nymphomaniac.
- To become obsessed about sex.
- A person who opens something.
- A device that opens something; specifically a tin-opener/can-opener, or a bottle opener.
- The player who starts the betting.
- (in plural openers) Cards of sufficient value to enable a player to open the betting.
- A person employed to separate sheets of hot metal that become stuck together.
- The first act in a variety show or concert.
- A batsman who normally plays in the first two positions of an innings.
- The first in a series of events, items etc.; the first remark or sentence of a conversation.
- The first game played in a competition.
- The first goal or point scored.
- In an open manner, visibly, not covertly.
- A unit of genetic material that functions in a coordinated manner by means of an operator, a promoter, and structural genes that are transcribed together.
- To contradict or controvert; to oppose; to challenge or question the truth or validity of a given statement.
- A person who lives in an region undergoing a change of sovereignty and thus may choose between retaining their old citizenship or opting for the citizenship of the new sovereignty.
- A person who opts into, out of, or for something.
- A person, especially a minor, both or (rarely) one of whose parents have died.
- A person, especially a minor, whose parents have permanently abandoned them.
- A young animal with no mother.
- Anything that is unsupported, as by its source, provider or caretaker, by reason of the supporter's demise or decision to abandon.
- A single line of type, beginning a paragraph, at the bottom of a column or page.
- Any unreferenced object.
- Deprived of parents (also
- Remaining after the removal of some form of support.
- To deprive of parents
- To make unavailable, as by removing the last remaining pointer or reference to.
- Any of several temperate succulent plants, of the family Crassulaceae, that have clusters of purple flowers.
- The act of moving in paces, or their arrangement or timing.
- Of or relating to Padua in Italy.
- A native or inhabitant of Padua.
- The arrangement of pages in a book or other publication.
- A transfer of pages between main memory and an auxiliary store, such as hard disk drive.
- State in western Malaysia which has Kuantan as its capital.
- In pain, especially in an emotional sense.
- Covered or smeared with paint.
- Having too much paint.
- A pointed stick used to make a fence.
- A fence made of palings.
- A white waxy or fatty substance obtained from castor oil.
- A thick paste made by mixing breadcrumbs, flour, etc. with water, milk, stock, butter or sometimes egg yolks.
- Any of several soups made using this paste.
- A storehouse for bread.
- Relating to the making of bread.
- A large temporary structure in South Asia erected during various Hindu and Buddhist religious festivals.
- A person who furthers the illicit love-affairs of others; a pimp or procurer, especially when male.
- To pander (assist in the gratification of).
- A person who furthers the illicit love-affairs of others; a pimp or procurer. (Later panderer.)
- An offer of illicit sex with a third party.
- An illicit or illegal offer, usually to tempt.
- One who ministers to the evil designs and passions of another.
- To offer illicit sex with a third party; to pimp.
- To tempt with, to appeal or cater to (improper motivations, etc.); to assist in the gratification of.
- An unrefined sugar product typical of Central and South America, which is basically a solid piece of sucrose and fructose obtained from the boiling and evaporation of sugarcane.
- As much as a pan will hold.
- A kind of rustic saddle.
- The stomach of a hawk.
- A carriage for conveying a mortar and its bed during a march.
- Agent noun of pan; one who pans.
- Of or relating to a language family including languages spoken in Peru, western Brazil, and Bolivia.
- an unincorporated community in Crenshaw County, Alabama, USA.
- an unincorporated community and CDP in Sumter County, Alabama.
- a village in Woodford County, Illinois, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Iron County, Michigan, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Latimer County, Oklahoma, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Panola County, Texas, USA.
- A small room, closet, or cabinet usually located in or near the kitchen, dedicated to food storage and/or storing kitchenware, like a larder, but smaller. Since the pantry is not typically temperature-controlled (unlike a refrigerator or root cellar), the foods stored in a pantry are usually shelf-stable staples such as grains, flours, and preserved foods.
- A proteolytic enzyme in papaya fruit which can be used to tenderize meat.
- A West African baboon ( allied to the chacma.
- One of the two persons from whom one is immediately biologically descended; a mother or father.
- A surrogate mother
- A third person who has provided DNA samples in a IVF procedure in order to alter faulty genetic material
- A person who acts as a parent in rearing a child; a step-parent or adoptive parent.
- A relative.
- The source or origin of something.
- An organism from which a plant or animal is immediately biologically descended.
- Sponsor, supporter, owner, protector.
- A parent company.
- The object from which a child or derived object is descended; a node superior to another node.
- To act as parent, to raise or rear.
Possible word length