Page 1 from 5
Total results: 4752
- The eleventh letter of many Semitic alphabets/abjads (Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others).
- Any of several large brown seaweeds (order Laminariales).
- The calcined ashes of seaweed, formerly used in glass and iodine manufacture.
- An osier basket used for catching fish.
- Upturned lower jaw of a male salmon at the end of its life as it returns to fresh water to spawn.
- to steal
- To shape a vitreous mineral (flint, obsidian, chert etc.) by breaking away flakes, often forming a sharp edge or point.
- To rap or strike sharply.
- To bite; to bite off; to break short.
- To make a sound of snapping.
- A sharp blow or slap.
- A protuberance; a swelling; a knob.
- The crest of a hill
- A small hill
- A wile
- A small lobster.
- A pus-filled swelling on the surface on the skin caused by an eruptive disease.
- Any pit, especially one formed as a scar
- To scar or mark with pits
- A gambling device based on the card game poker.
- Small and cramped.
- The meat of a pig; swineflesh.
- Funding proposed or requested by a member of Congress for special interests or his or her constituency as opposed to the good of the country as a whole.
- To have sex with (someone).
- a basket
- a beehive made of straw or wicker
- In a vertical line, the cable having been sufficiently hove in to bring the ship over it.
- A Ukrainian national dance in 2/4 time.
- A silky fibre obtained from the silk-cotton tree used for insulation and stuffing for pillows, mattresses, etc.
- The Guatemalan stinging ant Ectatomma tuberculatum.
- form of (shapeshifting spirit).
- neat and tidy; especially used of hair
- A small hill or mound (especially on the African veld).
- The 18th Ancient Greek letter Ϙ (lowercase ϙ).
- potassium-phosphorus-rare earth elements crustal material of the Moon
- Cold, but not excessively so.
- Shrewd, sly; often also characterised by a sarcastic sense of humour.
- Sickly; peaked.
- Characterised by peaks.
- Discoloured by fungus growth or insects.
- Inclined to peck.
- A high-quality black tea made using young leaves, grown in Sri Lanka, India and Java.
- Lively or enthusiastic.
- Standing upright; firm.
- Fussy; particular; demanding to have things just right.
- A picture.
- Furnished with a pike; ending in a point; peaked; pointed
- Describing a dive in which the knees are kept straight, but the body is bent at a right-angle at the hips
- A soldier armed with a pike, a pikeman.
- One who bets or gambles only with small amounts of money.
- A stingy person; a cheapskate.
- An amateur.
- One who refuses to go out with friends, or leaves a party early.
- One who pikes (quits or backs out of a promise).
- A male freshman at
- A pike (fish).
- Associated with or filled with pike (fish).
- A working-class (often underclass) person; can vary from specifically Irish Travellers to gypsies or travellers from any ethnic background, but now increasingly used for any socially undesirable person, with negative connotations of benefit fraud, theft, single-parent families and living on run-down estates.
- Associated with members of the above-mentioned underclass.
- To steal.
- A socialist who is not wholly communist.
- Methylated spirits mixed with red wine or Condy's crystals.
- A baby mouse, especially when used as food for a snake, etc.
- A white person.
- The smallest finger or toe of a hand or foot.
- A city in Belarus.
- A long, broad and thick piece of timber, as opposed to a board which is less thick.
- A political issue that is of concern to a faction or a party of the people and the political position that is taken on that issue.
- Physical exercise in which one holds a pushup position for a measured length of time.
- A stupid person, idiot.
- That which supports or upholds.
- To cover something with planking.
- To bake (fish, etc.) on a piece of cedar lumber.
- To lay down, as on a plank or table; to stake or pay cash.
- To harden, as hat bodies, by felting.
- To splice together the ends of slivers of wool, for subsequent drawing.
- To pose for a photograph while lying rigid, face down, arms at side, in an unusual place.
- A short, high-pitched metallic or percussive sound.
- To make a plink sound.
- To play a song or a portion of a song, usually on a percussion instrument such as a piano.
- The sound of something solid landing.
- To set or toss (something) down carelessly.
- To automatically ignore a particular poster; to killfile.
- Precisely and forcefully.
- Cheap or inferior everyday wine.
- A female police constable.
- To pull something sharply; to pull something out
- To gently play a single string, e.g. on a guitar, violin etc.
- To remove feathers from a bird.
- To rob, fleece, steal forcibly
- To play a string instrument pizzicato
- To pull or twitch sharply.
- To reject at an examination for degrees.
- An instance of plucking
- The lungs, heart with trachea and often oesophagus removed from slaughtered animals.
- Guts, nerve, fortitude or persistence.
- Covered in pock marks; specifically, pox-ridden, syphilitic.
- of small volume, cramped
- A poker machine.
- Any of several species of arboreal tarantula in the genus
- A fairy that supposedly appears in animal form, often large.
- A convenient storage location or hiding spot created by the arrangement or form of surrounding objects
- Resembling or characteristic of pork.
- Rather fat; chubby.
- A lie.
- An eye.
- An evil deed; a malicious trick, an act of cruel deception.
- A practical joke or mischievous trick.
- To adorn in a showy manner; to dress or equip ostentatiously.
- To make ostentatious show.
- To perform a practical joke on; to trick.
- To call someone's phone and promptly hang up
- Full of gambols or tricks.
- A small hole or perforation, caused by piercing.
- An indentation or small mark made with a pointed object.
- A dot or other diacritical mark used in writing; a point.
- A tiny particle; a small amount of something; a jot.
- A small pointed object.
- The experience or feeling of being pierced or punctured by a small, sharp object.
- The penis.
- Someone (especially a man or boy) who is unpleasant, rude or annoying.
- A small roll of yarn or tobacco.
- The footprint of a hare.
- A point or mark on the dial, noting the hour.
- The point on a target at which an archer aims; the mark; the pin.
- To pierce or puncture slightly.
- To drive a nail into (a horse's foot), so as to cause lameness.
- To form by piercing or puncturing.
- To mark or denote by a puncture; to designate by pricking; to choose; to mark.
- To mark the surface of (something) with pricks or dots; especially, to trace a ship’s course on (a chart).
- To run a middle seam through the cloth of a sail.
- To fix by the point; to attach or hang by puncturing.
- To be punctured; to suffer or feel a sharp pain, as by puncture.
- To make sharp; to erect into a point; to raise, as something pointed; said especially of the ears of an animal, such as a horse or dog; and usually followed by up.
- Usually in the form prick out: to plant (seeds or seedlings) in holes made in soil at regular intervals.
- To incite, stimulate, goad.
- To urge one's horse on; to ride quickly.
- To affect with sharp pain; to sting, as with remorse.
- To make acidic or pungent.
- To become sharp or acid; to turn sour, as wine.
- To aim at a point or mark.
- Usually as prick up: to dress; to prink.
- to give a wink; to wink.
- the act of adjusting dress or appearance; a sprucing up
- to look, gaze
- to dress finely, primp, preen, spruce up
- to strut, put on pompous airs, be pretentious
- A city in Russia, administrative centre of Pskov oblast.
- Someone who pukes, a vomiter.
- That which causes vomiting.
- A person who caricatures the manner of speech of a disc jockey or announcer, using affected, back-of-the-throat speech that is likened to puking.
- A detestable person.
- Genuine or authentic; hence of behaviour: correct, socially acceptable or proper.
- Superior or of high quality; first-class.
- Excellent, fantastic, great.
- Of or pertaining to punk (touchwood) - soft or rotted.
- Of or pertaining to the punk subculture.
- To beat or slap.
- A blow; a smart stroke.
- A squall; a heavy fall of rain.
- A narrow strip of rolled or forged metal, ready to be bent and welded to form a pipe.
- To form (a plate or bar of metal, etc.) into a skelp.
- To bend round (a skelp) in tube-making.
- To mock, deride, scorn, scold, make fun of.
- To slight; to do carelessly; to scamp.
- To make insufficient allowance for; to scant; to scrimp.
- To save; to be parsimonious or stingy.
- A skimpy or insubstantial thing, especially a piece of clothing.
- A clumsy, foolish, or mentally deficient person.
- To beat, smack or slap a person's buttocks, with the bare hand or other object, as punishment, gesture, or form of sexual interaction.
- To soundly defeat, to trounce.
- To move rapidly.
- An instance of spanking, separately or part of a multiple blows-beating; a smack, swat, or slap.
- A slapping sound, as produced by spanking.
- A small particle of glowing matter, either molten or on fire.
- A short or small burst of electrical discharge.
- A small, shining body, or transient light; a sparkle.
- A small amount of something, such as an idea, that has the potential to become something greater, just as a spark can start a fire.
- (in plural sparks but treated as a singular) A ship's radio operator.
- An electrician.
- To trigger, kindle into activity (an argument, etc).
- To light; to kindle.
- To give off a spark or sparks.
- A gallant, a foppish young man.
- A beau, lover.
- To woo, court.
- A splinter, usually of wood.
- A wooden splinter caught under the skin.
- Unusably short lengths of fibre-reinforced material, such as prepreg.
- A Latino/Hispanic person.
- nail, a spike (slender piece of wood or metal, used as a fastener).
- Having spikes, spiny.
- hostile; standoffish
- A spirit returning to haunt a place.
- A ghost or an apparition.
- A hobgoblin.
- A spy.
- A scare or fright.
- A black person.
- A metaphysical manifestation; an artificial distinction or construct.
- to scare, frighten
- to startle or frighten an animal
- A spark.
- Touchwood; tinder.
- A piece of tinder, sometimes impregnated with sulphur; a match.
- Courage; spirit; mettle; determination.
- An attractive person (normally male).
- To ejaculate.
- A tent or other building made from animal skins, used by the Inuit during the summer.
- The process of loading two reels of film into a camera, so that they both pass through the camera gate together, formerly used for visual effects and as a subtractive colour process.
- A bird of the family Burhinidae.
- The Drukpa Kagyu (also Drukpa Kargyu) school of Tibetan Buddhism.
- Of, from, or pertaining to Bhutan or the Bhutanese people.
- Sometimes (more narrowly) pertaining to the main ethnic group within Bhutan.
- Pertaining to the Drukpa Kagyu (Drukpa Kargyu) or Drukpa sect of Tibetan Buddhism.
- A large and valuable food fish, in the family Serranidae of New Zealand. It sometimes weighs one hundred pounds or more.
- To enclose or confine in, or as if in, a park.
- To enclose or fence in (land) to make a park.
- A pot for holding ink; inkwell.
- A kind of Ancient Greek water jug.
- A large city in India, in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- A kshatriya Punjabi surname.
- A venomous spider, endemic to New Zealand.
- One who keeps something.
- A person or thing worth keeping.
- A person charged with guarding or caring for, storing, or maintaining something; a custodian, a guard; sometimes a gamekeeper.
- The player charged with guarding a goal or wicket. Short form of goalkeeper, wicketkeeper.
- A part of a mechanism that catches or retains another part, for example the part of a door lock that fits in the frame and receives the bolt.
- An offensive play in which the quarterback runs toward the goal with the ball after it is snapped.
- One who remains or keeps in a place or position.
- A fruit or vegetable that keeps for some time without spoiling.
- A malevolent shapeshifting spirit, most often in the form of a horse, believed to haunt the rivers and lochs of Scotland.
- An Australian breed of sheepdog.
- A small board with keys primarily used for tactile input into a machine.
- To seize and detain a person unlawfully; sometimes for ransom.
- An instance of kidnapping.
- A ceremonial sword that must be worn at all times by baptized Sikhs, and one of the five Ks.
- An anti-Ottoman insurgent living in the mountains when Greece was a part of the Ottoman Empire.
- Having knaps; full of protuberances or humps; knobby
- A city in eastern Finland.
- A serviette; a (usually rectangular) piece of cloth or paper used at the table for wiping the mouth and hands for cleanliness while eating.
- A nappy (UK), a diaper (American).
- A small scarf worn on the head by Christian women when entering a Roman Catholic church, as a token of modesty.
- A sanitary napkin.
- The fragrant roots of Saussurea costus, used as incense.
- Put into a package.
- Filled with a large number or large quantity of something.
- Filled to capacity with people.
- A small pack or package; a little bundle or parcel
- Originally, a vessel employed by government to convey dispatches or mails; hence, a vessel employed in conveying dispatches, mails, passengers, and goods, and having fixed days of sailing; a mail boat. Packet boat, ship, vessel (Wikipedia).
- A specimen envelope containing small, dried plants or containing parts of plants when attached to a larger sheet.
- A small fragment of data as transmitted on some types of network, notably Ethernet networks (Wikipedia).
- A plastic bag.
- A manbulge.
- A large amount of money.
- To make up into a packet or bundle.
- To send in a packet or dispatch vessel.
- To ply with a packet or dispatch boat.
- To subject to a denial-of-service attack in which a large number of data packets are sent.
- The valuable timber of Pterocarpus, a pantropical genus of trees.
- A peacock, a male peafowl, noted for its large and extravagantly coloured tail.
- A person.
- Left somewhere when not in use.
- Having a peak or peaks.
- Sickly-looking, peaky.
- That which reaches or forms a peak.
- Someone who or something that pecks, striking or piercing in the manner of a bird's beak or bill, particularly:
- Any tool used in a pecking fashion, particularly kinds of hoes or pickaxes.
- Any machine or machine part moving in a pecking fashion, particularly:
- A picker, a shuttle-driver: the device which moves backwards and forwards in the shuttle-box to drive the shuttle through the warp.
- A kind of V-shaped telegraphic relay.
- of, a rice mill.
- A bird, particularly a member of the group of birds including the berrypeckers, flowerpeckers, and woodpeckers.
- of (Picidae).
- An eater, a diner.
- A bird's beak or bill.
- Cock, dick; a penis.
- A nose.
- Spirits, nerve, courage.
- Short for peckerwood ("whitey; white trash")
- Short for peckerhead ("dickhead; an aggressive or objectionable idiot").
- of ("an electric motor's junction or terminal connection box, where power cords are connected to the winding leads").
- Of or related to Beijing
- The American coot (genus Fulica).
- A ceramic container of Ancient Greece, similar to an amphora.
- Phuket Province, a province in the southern of Thailand
- The island where Phuket Province located
- A city on the island of Phuket
- pointed; sharp
- Having a pike or spine on the back.
- fine; spruce; smart; precise; dainty
- A stake driven into the ground.
- A type of punishment by which an offender had to rest his or her entire body weight on the top of a small stake.
- A tool in mountaineering that is driven into the snow and used as an anchor or to arrest falls.
- Soldiers or troops placed on a line forward of a position to warn against an enemy advance. It can also refer to any unit (for example, an aircraft or ship) performing a similar function.
- A sentry. Can be used figuratively.
- A protester positioned outside an office, workplace etc. during a strike (usually in plural); also the protest itself.
- The card game piquet.
- To protest, organized by a labour union, typically in front of the location of employment.
- To enclose or fortify with pickets or pointed stakes.
- To tether to, or as if to, a picket.
- To guard, as a camp or road, by an outlying picket.
- To torture by forcing to stand with one foot on a pointed stake.
- To become pink.
- To make pink.
- To blush.
- A little finger, the finger furthest on a hand from the thumb.
- A little toe, the toe furthest on a foot from the big toe.
- A bilby.
- In a pink manner; with pink colour.
- Used attributively in the names of various units, formulae etc. first devised or worked on by the German physicist (1858–1947), chiefly in the realm of quantum theory.
- A Planck unit.
- someone addicted to cheap wine.
- Having or showing pluck, courage or spirit in trying circumstances.
- A bag stitched to an item of clothing, used for carrying small items.
- Such a receptacle seen as housing someone's money; hence, financial resources.
- An indention and cavity with a net sack or similar structure (into which the balls are to be struck) at each corner and one centered on each side of a pool or snooker table.
- An enclosed volume of one substance surrounded by another.
- An area of land surrounded by a loop of a river.
- The area of the field to the side of the goal posts (four pockets in total on the field, one to each side of the goals at each end of the ground). The pocket is only a roughly defined area, extending from the behind post, at an angle, to perhaps about 30 meters out.
- The region directly behind the offensive line in which the quarterback executes plays.
- An area where military units are completely surrounded by enemy units.
- The position held by a second defensive middle, where an advanced middle must retreat after making a touch on the attacking middle.
- A large bag or sack formerly used for packing various articles, such as ginger, hops, or cowries.
- A hole or space covered by a movable piece of board, as in a floor, boxing, partitions, etc.
- A cavity in a rock containing a nugget of gold, or other mineral; a small body of ore contained in such a cavity.
- A strip of canvas sewn upon a sail so that a batten or a light spar can placed in the interspace.
- The pouch of an animal.
- The ideal point where the pins are hit by the bowling ball.
- A socket for receiving the base of a post, stake, etc.
- A bight on a lee shore.
- A small space between a tooth and the adjoining gum, formed by an abnormal separation of the two.
- To put (something) into a pocket.
- To cause a ball to go into one of the pockets of the table; to complete a shot.
- To take and keep (especially money) that which is not one's own.
- To shoplift, to steal.
- To receive (an insult, an affront, etc.) without open resentment, or without seeking redress.
- Of a size suitable for putting into a pocket.
- Smaller or more compact than usual.
- Referring to the two initial hole cards.
- A woman's nipples when protruding, e.g. from cold or arousal.
- The act by which something is poked.
- A crudely-built hut in parts of Asia.
- A pig, especially a castrated male, being fattened and raised for slaughter.
- An obese person.
- A lie (from Cockney rhyming slang pork pie).
- Having the character of a prank
- plural form of prick
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of prick
- Stiff and sharp; prickly.
- To pinch or wrinkle; to squeeze inwardly, to dimple or fold.
- A fold or wrinkle.
- A state of perplexity or anxiety; confusion; bother; agitation.
- The devil; Satan.
- A fairy; elf; sprite.
- The act of one who pukes or vomits.
- Resembling vomit, especially in color.
- Nauseated, queasy.
- A type of large fan, common on the Indian subcontinent, especially made from a leaf or from cloth, typically hung from the ceiling, designed to cool a room, often operated manually by a servant.
- A small two-winged fly or midge of the family Ceratopogonidae, which bites and then sucks the blood of mammals; the biting midge; sandfly.
- short and stout; mesomorphic
- A short, thickset person characterised by thick neck, large abdomen and relatively short limbs; a mesomorph.
- A brimless Russian fur cap.
- Small or inadequate; not generous, or of a garment, very small, light, or revealing.
- A barmaid who wears little clothing.
- The capital of the Republic of Macedonia (the country also known known as the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia).
- Republic of Macedonia, especially in the Greek media.
- A porter at an airport.
- brand spanking new
- Resembling a speck, minuscule.
- Marked with specks; speckled.
- One who wears spectacles; often used attributively.
- A spectacular mark (catch) in Australian rules football.
- Containing alcohol or drugs, often without the informing those who partake.
- Having spikes.
- Of a graph or trend that has rapidly reached a maximum.
- A pair of athletic shoes equipped with spikes on the sole and heel for better traction.
- A hybrid fish derived from a male brook trout and a female lake trout
- eerie, or suggestive of ghosts or the supernatural
- unpredictably excitable; skittish (used especially of horses)
- To promote a thing or idea to another person.
- Spirited or plucky.
- Pertaining to or like spunk (semen).
- Stained with semen.
- The capital city of the state of Kansas in the United States of America.
- not kept (especially of promises)
- To remove from a package or container, particularly with respect to items that had previously been arranged closely and securely in a pack.
- To empty containers that had been packed.
- To analyze a concept or a text.
- To undergo separation of its features into distinct segments.
- To decompress.
- to remove from a parked position
- to remove a car or other vehicle from a parked position
- To release from the fixed position adopted when not in use.
- To undo sewing stitches.
- To undo knitting in order to reuse the wool.
- To unravel or untangle the threads of a rope etc.
- To disassemble.
- Maintenance; the act or effort of keeping something in good and working condition.
- To maintain (something) or keep it in good repair.
- To knit together; to unite.
- The portion of a communications link used for the transmission of signals from an Earth terminal to a satellite or to an airborne platform. An uplink is the converse of a downlink. An uplink or downlink is distinguished from reverse link or forward link.
- By analogy and less formally, the communication path from a mobile device to a base station, a consumer to the network backbone, a client device to a server etc.
- Data transmission from a data station to the headend.
- GSM and cellular networks, uplink is the transmission path from a mobile station to the base station (cell site).
- To transmit a signal by means of an uplink.
- To seek or strain upward.
- understanding, comprehension
- absorption, especially of food or nutrient by an organism
- a chimney
- To take up, to lift.
- A small airport sometimes found near an industrial or business area.
- A small tree of New Zealand (
- Similar to an ape in appearance or movement.
- Given to servile imitation.
- the absence of the lens of the eye.
- Exhibiting aphakia; lacking the lens of the eye.
- One who has aphakia.
- A member of an indigenous people of the
- The language of these people.
- To speak about; tell of; relate; discuss.
- To speak for beforehand; engage in advance; make arrangements for; order or reserve in advance.
- To stipulate, solicit, ask for, or request, as in a favour.
- To forbode; foretell.
- To speak to; address.
- To betoken; show; indicate; foretell; suggest.
- To speak up or out; exclaim; speak.
- A request for a specific performance; a benefit performance, by a patron.
- Individually or custom made.
- Relating to someone who makes custom-made products, especially clothing items.
- A kind of cap from Turkic countries, with a high crown.
- A harder or more resistant rock type overlying a weaker or less resistant rock type.
- A cowhand (one who tends free-range cattle)
- A 19th-century device used around the necks of cows and other livestock to prevent them from challenging fencing. The action of the device was to poke the cow when the device came into contact with the fence.
- A small cake baked in a paper container shaped like a cup, often with icing on top.
- An attractive young woman.
- A weak or effeminate man.
- To flirt; to talk or act amorously or intimately.
- Resembling a cup.
- The top surface of a desk.
- A desktop computer.
- The main graphical user interface of an operating system, usually displaying icons, windows and background wallpaper.
- Designed for use on a desk or similar piece of furniture.
- Of an application, designed to be run on a personal computer.
- To open a private enclosure, park, etc. to the public.
- A short, squat form of tenpin
- An instrument for removing earwax.
- The principle in ethics that a law can be broken to achieve a greater good.
- A pelagic morph capable of sexual reproduction.
- gar, garfish
- Freshwater fish in the family Lepisosteidae
- Saltwater fish in the family Belonidae
- Resembling a hip (joint of the body) or some aspect of one.
- A hemp sack used for holding hops.
- A coarse, loosely-woven clothing fabric.
- The capital of, and largest city in, Uganda.
- A traditional Malay village in Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia and Singapore.
- A suburb or district where a former kampong stood.
- Port, landing, river town (
- A Latvian coin worth one hundredth of a rublis.
- conformity or harmony.
- charge or care.
- Maintenance; support; provision; feed.
- A net strung on wire hoops and sealed at one end, suspended in water by anglers to keep alive the fish they have caught.
- An orthorhombic-dipyramidal emerald green mineral containing chlorine, hydrogen, manganese, and oxygen.
- Any of various species of buttercup, or the marsh marigold, Caltha palustris.
- The axis around which steered wheels pivot; a bolt that holds the axis in place—a kingbolt.
- The pin at the centre of the triangle of bowling pins (originally the tallest pin in kayles). Sometimes also the headpin at the apex.
- The most important person in an undertaking or organization.
- The bolt holding together the truck of a roller skate or skateboard.
- relation or connection by blood, marriage or adoption
- relation or connection by nature or character
- A member of a nomadic Turkic tribal confederation that overran the Eurasian steppe in mid-11th century.
- of or relating to the Kipchak people or their language
- the Turkic language of the Kipchak people
- An unincorporated community in Ohio.
- A town in Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Those sailing together on a ship, both crew and passengers.
- Confusion, disorder.
- Leather prepared from the skin of young or small cattle, intermediate in grade between calfskin and cowhide.
- A small mammal (Hyrax capensis), found in South Africa; the hyrax or rock rabbit.
- The kneecap; the patella.
- Having knops or knobs; fastened as with buttons.
- A wild, forest-dwelling ox, from Vietnam and surrounding countries
- Work in which one part overlaps another.
- A large bird, Aramus guarauna, found in marshes in the Caribbean, Central America and southern Florida.
- Resembling a lip or some aspect of one.
- an unincorporated community in California, USA.
- a small city in Georgia, USA
- An object meant to be carried by a single person.
- Having the characteristics of a map.
- A piece of bread sopped in milk.
- A weak, easily frightened or ineffectual person.
- To keep ill or wrongly.
- A paste of earth or clay, applied to the face for therapeutic or cosmetic purposes.
- To correct minutiae or find fault in unimportant details; to kvetch.
- To pick nits - lice eggs - from someone’s hair.
- A sharp tool used for digging the edible portion out of a nut.
- To keep or last, without spoiling, longer than.
- To avoid by flight or fleeing; escape.
- To surpass in skipping; surpass in skipping stones.
- Something which is packed, a parcel, a box, an envelope.
- Something which consists of various components, such as a piece of computer software.
- A piece of software which has been prepared in such a way that it can be installed with a package manager.
- The act of packing something.
- Something resembling a package.
- A package holiday.
- A football formation.
- The male genitalia.
- A charge made for packing goods.
- To pack or bundle something.
- To travel on a package holiday.
- The action of the verb.
- The action of putting things together, especially of putting clothes into a suitcase for a journey.
- The spatial arrangement of objects, items or constituent parts.
- The gathering of birds, animals etc. into a pack.
- The forming of players into a scrum.
- As a concrete noun.
- Material used to fill in the space around something, especially to make a piston etc. watertight or airtight.
- Material used to wrap a product for sale etc.; packaging.
- A fee charged to cover the costs of packaging.
- Special material used to fill containers or vessels for certain chemically related applications.
- Someone who travels with a pack, especially a travelling salesman.
- A path, as over mountains, followed by pack animals.
- Like a pad; having characteristics of a pad; cushionlike.
- A detachable lock that can be used to secure something by means of a sliding or hinged shackle
- To lock using a padlock.
- An alloy of zinc, copper and nickel, closely resembling silver, of Chinese origin; any of a number of similar alloys developed in imitation of the Chinese product.
- A stupid, oafish or clumsy person.
- Someone incompetent or untalented in the specified area.
- A type of short doublet or tunic with sleeves, sometimes worn beneath armour.
- In a state of panic.
- Resembling pap; pappy.
- To bake (bread or dough) partially so it can be rapidly frozen for storage.
- The action of the verb to park.
- Space in which to park a car or other vehicle.
- A road; a thoroughfare.
- A scenic freeway.
- A divided highway with a landscaped median.
- A tree lawn.
- a railway station built on the edge of a town, typically with a large car park to function as a park and ride interchange.
- An enclosure; a park; a croft, or small field; a paddock.
- To enclose or shut in; park.
- To take part in an activity; to participate.
- To take a share or portion (of).
- To have something of the properties, character, or office (of).
- A key, especially in a hotel, that allows someone in authority to open any door
- A password.
- The act of something reaching a peak.
- Of or relating to a peak or peaks; belonging to a mountainous region.
- Having peaks; peaked.
- Having thin or sharp features, as from sickness; sickly; peaky.
- Resembling a pea.
- A suburb in the London Borough of Southwark, England.
- The act by which something is pecked.
- The ancient skill of shaping stone into tools, containers, or artworks.
- mildly hungry1860. John Camden Hotten. A dictionary of modern slang, cant, and vulgar words page 188.
- irritable; crotchety
- Of or pertaining to Peckham, a place in Southwark London.
- Native to Peckham.
- Speckled, spotted.
- The act of one who peeks.
- Resembling a peg or some aspect of one.
- Resembling or characteristic of a pen (writing instrument).
- A rack to hold pens while not in use.
- Meticulously neat and precise; prim or finicky.
- The act of something being perked.
- from Perkin, a medieval diminutive of Peter.
- Wearing a peruke.
- A manufacturer of perukes.
- A small valve, spout, or faucet operated by hand, usually used to release pressure or drain fluid.
- To make a raid for booty; to maraud.
- To skirmish in advance of an army.
- A city in South Carolina, USA, and county seat of Pickens County.
- A place where cotton is picked.
- petty theft
- A gathering to pick fruit.
- Items remaining after others have selected the best; scraps, as of food.
- Income or other gains, especially if obtained in a unscrupulous or objectionable manner.
- Preserved by pickling.
- One who pickles food products.
- A cucumber grown for pickling.
- A machine that pickles metal.
- A program or algorithm that performs serialization.
- A man employed to break ground using a pick.
- Any of the bivalve molluscs of the genus Pholas or family , which burrow into soft rocks.
- Resembling a pie.
- Leather made from the skin of a pig.
- A football.
- A white.
- A thick type of sweet pancake.
- A thin crumpet.
- A soldier armed with a pike.
- A person who operates a turnpike.
- A miner who works with a pick.
- A little fish; especially the minnow,
- An insignificant person.
- Decoration by adding holes or scalloping.
- a slit or other opening in an item of clothing, to allow access to pockets or fastenings
- A petticoat, especially an underpetticoat.
- A woman.
- A woman's pocket.
- A person who shoots at makeshift targets.
- (of something with feathers, hair etc.) Having had these items removed by plucking.
- Played by plucking.
- Having courage and spirit; plucky.
Possible word length