Page 1 from 60
Total results: 62146
- Provost Marshall Office
- of; The Office of the Prime Minister, composed of the prime minister and his or her top political staff.
- A disease characterized by purulent skin eruptions that may leave pockmarks.
- A curse.
- To infect with the pox, or syphilis.
- a support structure.
- a balancing pole used by rope dancers
- a long pole, normally with a hook, used to push barges upstream.
- Public safety officer.
- Protective services officer.
- Protostellar object (or proto-stellar object).
- of usually abbreviated USPTO.
- a chemotherapy regimen used in the treatment of non-Hodgkin lymphoma, consisting of Cyclophosphamide, Hydroxydaunorubicin (also called doxorubicin or adriamycin), Oncovin (vincristine) and Prednisone or Prednisolone
- The sound of a horse's shod hoof striking the ground.
- To make this sound.
- To stare in amazement.
- Any gooey substance.
- To apply (a liquid) thickly and messily.
- To swallow greedily.
- A thick, slimy substance; goo.
- A silly, stupid, or boorish person.
- A loose mixture of dried fruit, nuts, frequently salt, and sometimes other ingredients; designed as an energy supplement for use while hiking, climbing, canoeing, etc.
- To print more than one copy of a document using a computer printer rather than printing one original and copying it with a separate machine.
- Any of various large, colourful, deep-bodied pelagic fish of the family Lamprididae.
- not closed; accessible; unimpeded
- Not drawn together, closed, or contracted; extended; expanded.
- Actively conducting or prepared to conduct business.
- Candid, ingenuous, not subtle in character.
- Having a free variable.
- Which is part of a predefined collection of subsets of <math>X</math>, that defines a topological space on <math>X</math>.
- Whose first and last vertices are different.
- In current use; mapped to part of memory.
- Not fulfilled.
- Not settled or adjusted; not decided or determined; not closed or withdrawn from consideration.
- Without any fingers pressing the string against the fingerboard.
- Not of a quality to prevent communication, as by closing waterways, blocking roads, etc.; hence, not frosty or inclement; mild; used of the weather or the climate.
- Uttered with a relatively wide opening of the articulating organs; said of vowels.
- Uttered, as a consonant, with the oral passage simply narrowed without closure.
- That ends in a vowel; not having a coda.
- Made public, usable with a free licence.
- Resulting from an incision, puncture or any other process by which the skin no longer protects an internal part of the body.
- To make something accessible or remove an obstacle to its being accessible.
- To bring up (a topic).
- To make accessible to customers or clients.
- To start (a campaign).
- To become open.
- To begin conducting business.
- To enter upon; to begin.
- To begin a side's innings as one of the first two batsmen.
- To bet before any other player has in a particular betting round in a game of poker.
- To reveal one's hand.
- To load into memory for viewing or editing.
- To spread; to expand into an open or loose position.
- To disclose; to reveal; to interpret; to explain.
- A sports event in which anybody can compete; as, the Australian Open.
- a wire that is broken midway.
- (with the) Open or unobstructed space; an exposed location.
- (with the) Public knowledge or scrutiny; full view.
- Open Shortest Path First: A link-state routing algorithm that is used to calculate routes based on the number of routers, transmission speed, delays and route cost.
- Pieces of bread soaked in hot milk used as a comfort food for children during illness
- A pus-filled swelling on the surface on the skin caused by an eruptive disease.
- Any pit, especially one formed as a scar
- To scar or mark with pits
- A gambling device based on the card game poker.
- Small and cramped.
- A hard knock.
- A pestle.
- A type of fruit in which the often edible flesh arises from the swollen base of the flower and not from the carpels.
- A ball of silver or other metal, filled with hot water and used by a Roman Catholic priest in cold weather to warm his hands during the service.
- To grow to a head, or form a head in growing.
- An obsolete Russian unit of mass, equal to 40 Russian funt, or about 16.38 kg (approximately 36.11 pounds).
- A Russian unit of mass used for kettlebells, now rounded off to 16 kg (about 35.274 pounds).
- A male homosexual, especially one who is effeminate.
- The product of flatulence, or the sound of breaking wind.
- To vanish or disappear.
- To break wind; to fart.
- The stern of a ship.
- To break seawater with the poop of a vessel, especially the poop deck.
- To embark a ship over the stern.
- To make a short blast on a horn
- To break wind.
- To defecate.
- Fecal matter, feces.
- The sound of a steam engine's whistle; typically low pitch.
- A set of data or general information, written or spoken, usually concerning machinery or a process.
- To tire, exhaust. Often used with out.
- A slothful person.
- To fart.
- A fart, perhaps a relatively quiet one.
- The meat of a pig; swineflesh.
- Funding proposed or requested by a member of Congress for special interests or his or her constituency as opposed to the good of the country as a whole.
- To have sex with (someone).
- A flower; a bouquet; a nosegay.
- A motto inscribed inside a ring.
- A headdress for women popular in 18th century France.
- A high hair style for women consisting of a roll or pad of hair, worn up.
- Part of an item of clothing consisting of gathered fabric in a bunch.
- A low cushioned seat with no back; a padded footstool.
- A short skirt gathered into a rounded puffy shape; a puffball.
- A ball of fabric (such as nylon monofilament netting) used for washing (as an alternative to a flannel, washcloth, sponge, etc.).
- A small saddle cushion worn atop the buttocks (as a fashion trend – similar to a bustle).
- To make poufy or bouffant.
- suffering from pox
- sickening; unsatisfactory; generally bad
- A sailing vessel found in the waters of Micronesia and Indonesia; it has a single, large outrigger and a triangular sail.
- The fore part of a vessel; the bow; the stem; hence, the vessel itself.
- Brave, valiant, gallant. Merriam Webster’s Online Dictionary – prow 
- A city of Peru, in the southwest of the country by Lake Titicaca
- The nineteenth letter of many Semitic alphabets/abjads (Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others).
- To play about roughly, energetically or boisterously.
- (Often used with down) To press forcefully, to encourage vehemently, to oppress.
- To win easily.
- To engage in playful or boisterous sex.
- A period of boisterous play, a frolic.
- A bout of playful or boisterous sex.
- A girl who indulges in boisterous play; a tomboy.
- Thick strings, yarn, monofilaments, metal wires, or strands of other cordage that are twisted together to form a stronger line.
- An individual length of such material.
- A cohesive strand of something.
- A continuous stream.
- A hard line drive.
- A long thin segment of soft clay, either extruded or formed by hand.
- A data structure resembling a string, using a concatenation tree in which each leaf represents a character.
- A unit of distance equivalent to the distance covered in six months by a god flying at ten million miles per second.
- A necklace of at least 1 meter in length.
- Cordage of at least 1 inch in diameter, or a length of such cordage.
- A unit of length equal to 20 feet.
- Flunitrazepam, also known as Rohypnol.
- A shot of semen that a man releases during ejaculation.
- The small intestines.
- To tie (something) with something.
- To throw a rope around (something).
- To be formed into rope; to draw out or extend into a filament or thread.
- Resembling rope in appearance or texture, used especially of muscles that are thick or hard to the touch.
- Capable of forming rope-like or thread-like structures.
- Of poor quality; in poor health.
- Slimy, as after the action of Enterobacter aerogenes in syrup.
- To cry or shout
- To sell by auction.
- An outcry.
- A sale of goods by auction.
- An infectious disease of poultry caused by Trichomonas gallinae
- An establishment that sells goods or services to the public; originally only a physical location, but now a virtual establishment as well.
- A place where things are manufactured or crafted; a workshop.
- A large garage where vehicle mechanics work.
- Workplace; office. Used mainly in expressions such as shop talk, closed shop and shop floor.
- A variety of classes taught in junior or senior high school that teach vocational skill.
- An establishment where a barber or beautician works.
- An act of shopping, especially routine shopping for food and other domestic supplies.
- Discussion of business or professional affairs.
- To visit stores or shops to browse or explore merchandise, especially with the intention of buying such merchandise.
- To purchase products from (a range or catalogue, etc.).
- To report the criminal activities or whereabouts of someone to an authority.
- Shorthand for photoshop; to digitally edit a picture or photograph.
- A loose outer garment; a jacket or overall.
- Loose trousers.
- A liquid or semi-solid; goo, paste, mud, domestic liquid waste.
- Scraps used as food for pigs.
- Human urine or excrement.
- Water or other liquid carelessly spilled or thrown about, as upon a table or a floor; a puddle; a soiled spot.
- Inferior, weak drink or liquid food.
- to spill or dump liquid, especially over the rim of a container when it moves.
- To spill liquid upon; to soil with a spilled liquid.
- In the game of pool or snooker to pocket a ball by accident; in billiards, to make an ill-considered shot.
- to feed pigs
- A policeman.
- Any of various dishes commonly made by combining liquids, such as water or stock with other ingredients, such as meat and vegetables, that contribute flavor and texture.
- A serving of such a dish, typically in a bowl.
- The liquid part of such a dish; the broth.
- Any mixture or substance suggestive of soup consistency.
- Thick fog or cloud (also
- Nitroglycerin or gelignite, especially when used for safe-cracking.
- Dope (illicit drug, used for making horses run faster or to change their personality).
- Processing chemicals into which film is dipped, such as developer.
- Liquid or gelatinous substrate, especially the mixture of organic compounds that is believe to have played a role in the origin of life on Earth.
- An unfortunate situation; trouble, problems (a fix, a mess); chaos.
- The foamy portion of a wave.
- To feed: to provide with soup or a meal.
- To develop (film) in a (chemical) developing solution.
- To sup or swallow.
- To breathe out; to draw out.
- To sweep.
- A fusion of swing and hip-hop dance styles.
- At the very most; as a maximum.
- Great; excellent.
- The uppermost field of a dartboard; the double-20 field
- A woman's hairdo in which most hair is kept above the neck
- of; a grade of premium cognac.
- To throw or move (something) quickly, usually with an impact.
- A blow or strike.
- Abbreviation of wop-wops
- To take by choice into relationship, definition child, heir, friend, citizen, etc.
- To take voluntarily (a child of other parents) to be in the place of, or as, one's own child.
- To obtain (a pet) from a shelter or the wild.
- To take by choice into the scope of one's responsibility.
- To take or receive as one's own what is not so naturally.
- To select and take or approve.
- An unincorporated community in Virginia.
- on the left side of the boat
- An article of clothing worn over the front of the torso and/or legs for protection from spills.
- A hard surface bordering a structure or area.
- The paved area of an airport, especially the area where aircraft park away from a terminal
- The spreading end of a driveway.
- The paved area below the yellow line on a race track.
- The loading, parking or roadway area immediately beside a railway station
- The portion of a stage extending towards the audience beyond the proscenium arch in a theatre.
- A large decal toward the bottom of a pinball table.
- The sides of a tree’s canopy.
- The cap of a cannon; a piece of lead laid over the vent to keep the priming dry.
- A removable cover for the passangers' feet and legs in an open horse carriage.
- Any of various medical remedies.
- A hereditary disorder marked by the tendency to develop localized immediate hypersensitivity reactions to allergens such as pollen, food etc and is manifested by hay fever, asthma, or similar allergic conditions; generally considered to be caused by the interaction of environmental and genetic factors.
- A person suffering from atopic syndrome; a case of atopy.
- An early form of modern jazz played by small groups and featuring driving rhythms and complex, often dissonant harmonies.
- To participate in bebop jazz, such as by dancing in a way associated with the genre
- To make a hit just beyond the infield.
- To produce a low-pitched beeping sound.
- A low-pitched beeping sound.
- The act of chomping
- To bite or chew loudly or heavily.
- To remove the final character from (a text string) if it is a newline (or, less commonly, some other programmer-specified character).
- Jaws, mouth.
- One's skill at musical interpretation and delivery (originally of jazz); musical performance ability.
- One's skill at any endeavor; ability, talent.
- The area where two tides meet and cause an irregular (choppy) sea.
- A pattern that involves carrying the object with the hand over the next object before throwing it.
- To talk, chat; also, to talk back, to be cheeky.
- The sound of feet hitting the ground loudly.
- To make a clomping sound (with some object).
- To move in a way that makes loud noises with one's feet.
- To walk with wooden shoes.
- To fit together, especially by mutual adaptation
- methyl cyanoacrylate
- neat; spruce
- account; reckoning; computation
- To compute; to count.
- A resinous exudation from various tropical trees, especially Hymenaea courbaril and used chiefly in making varnishes and printing ink.
- The dried kernel of the coconut, from which coconut oil is extruded.
- A thicket of small trees or shrubs.
- To trim or cut.
- To plant and preserve.
- Characterized by copses.
- A large, crepuscular, semiaquatic rodent (Myocastor coypus) resembling a large rat, having bright orange-yellow incisors, native to South America and introduced to Europe, Asia and North America, valued for its fur in eastern Europe and central Asia and considered a pest elsewhere.
- The top of the rump of a horse or other quadruped.
- To croak, make a hoarse noise.
- An infectious illness of the larynx, especially in young children, causing respiratory difficulty.
- To hold off; to keep at bay.
- a semiconductor that has had small amounts of elements added to create charge carriers.
- Covered with dope, a glue or paint like pore filler.
- To hang downward; to sag.
- To slowly become limp; to bend gradually.
- To lose all energy, enthusiasm or happiness; to flag.
- To allow to droop or sink.
- To proceed downward, or toward a close; to decline.
- something which is limp or sagging;
- a condition or posture of drooping
- To run away from home with a paramour.
- To run away secretly for the purpose of getting married with one's intended spouse; to marry in a quick or private fashion, especially without a public period of engagement.
- To run away from home (for any reason).
- One of the five annually-elected senior magistrates in various Dorian states, especially in ancient Sparta, where they oversaw the actions of Spartan kings.
- A superintendent or curator.
- A particular period of history, especially one considered remarkable or noteworthy.
- A notable event which marks the beginning of such a period.
- A precise instant of time that is used as a reference point.
- A precise instant of time that is used as a reference point (e.g. January 1, 1970, 00:00:00 UTC).
- One complete presentation of the training data set to an iterative machine learning algorithm.
- To divide (data) into segments by time period.
- The after song; the part of a lyric ode which follows the strophe and antistrophe.
- A kind of lyric poem, invented by in which a longer verse is followed by a shorter one.
- An initiate in the Eleusinian Mysteries; one who has attended the epopteia.
- One instructed in the mysteries of a secret system.
- Erasable programmable read-only memory.
- A town in Surrey, England.
- A city of Finland.
- A lively French country dance of the nineteenth century, a forerunner of the polka, combining a glissade with a chassé on alternate feet, usually in a fast 2/4 time.
- A Gypsy.
- An Egyptian.
- A roundel purpure (purple circular spot).
- Having the consistency of goop.
- Vague; undefined or sentimental.
- A trench or small ditch.
- A trench or drain; particularly, a trench or hollow behind the stalls of cows or horses for receiving their dung and urine.
- A pen for cattle; a byre.
- To make a channel or groove; to form grooves.
- A Ukrainian national dance in 2/4 time.
- A Chinese collector of customs (duties); an overseer of commerce.
- A Chinese tribunal or commission in charge of the revenue derived from trade and navigation.
- Having a taste of hops.
- Characterised by a hopping motion.
- A close-fitting sleeveless jacket, descending below the hips, worn over armour.
- A petticoat.
- A silky fibre obtained from the silk-cotton tree used for insulation and stuffing for pillows, mattresses, etc.
- A small hill or mound (especially on the African veld).
- The 18th Ancient Greek letter Ϙ (lowercase ϙ).
- Somewhat lop; inclined to lop.
- A Mayan language spoken in Belize and Guatemala.
- One who mopes or is inclined to do so.
- Given to moping; in a depressed condition, low in spirits; lackadaisical.
- disordered, tousled
- Finished, dead, no more, gone; non-existent.
- To finish; to put an end to; to kill.
- A prickly pear cactus from the genus Opuntia, especially
- The phenomenon of successively younger rock strata extending progressively further across an erosion surface cut in older rocks.
- To form an onlap.
- Strength, power, passion or effectiveness; clout.
- Sex appeal.
- A bassy grunting or thudding sound.
- To produce a bassy grunting or thudding sound.
- A city or region mentioned in the Bible, modern scholars have been unable to determine where it was located. King Solomon is supposed to have received a cargo of gold, silver, sandalwood, precious stones, ivory, apes and peacocks from Ophir, every three years.
- A ghost town in Alaska.
- A town in Colorado.
- A town in Utah.
- Any of a group of light-sensitive proteins in the retina
- The platform over the hold of a ship that makes up the fourth or lowest deck, hence in full called orlop deck, especially of a warship.
- A small, often mischievous sprite; a fairy; a goblin; an elf.
- The plant similar to cowslip but with larger, pale yellow flowers.
- A foot containing any pattern of three short syllables and one long syllable.
- form of (Asian religious building)
- An idol.
- A unit of currency, a coin made of gold or half gold, issued in India.
- name borrowed from
- A former money of account in Goa, India.
- Word of mouth.
- Verbal, oral, informal.
- A word; an oral utterance.
- Oral declaration; word of mouth.
- A writing not under seal.
- An ornamental star-like Christmas lantern from the Philippines.
- One who makes a payment.
- (1858–1932), Italian mathematician.
- A village in New Mexico.
- A city and county seat in Texas.
- An American trick-taking card game of the all fours family.
- The five of trumps in certain card games.
- A high-quality black tea made using young leaves, grown in Sri Lanka, India and Java.
- A flowering plant of the genus Paeonia with large fragrant flowers.
- A bearing representing the head of a dart or javelin, with long barbs which are engrailed on the inner edge.
- An embroidery trim made of a series of small loops.
- A socialist who is not wholly communist.
- Of or pertaining to piety, exhibiting piety, devout, godfearing.
- a baked case of dough with a sweet or savoury filling, popular in Eastern Europe
- The sound of something solid landing.
- To set or toss (something) down carelessly.
- To automatically ignore a particular poster; to killfile.
- Precisely and forcefully.
- Cheap or inferior everyday wine.
- A female police constable.
- To flop down wearily.
- To faint.
- To fall down dead.
- To cook something in simmering liquid.
- To be cooked in simmering liquid
- To become soft or muddy.
- To make soft or muddy.
- To stab; to pierce; to spear, as fish.
- To force, drive, or plunge into anything.
- To begin and not complete.
- To take game or fish illegally.
- To take anything illegally or unfairly.
- To cause an employee or customer to switch from a competing company to your own company.
- Like pobs; pulpy, swollen.
- Covered in pock marks; specifically, pox-ridden, syphilitic.
- Of or pertaining to a pod or pods.
- Fat, corpulent.
- Fed by hand.
- An unbranded calf.
- A hand-fed calf or lamb (a young animal needing milk or milk-substitute).
- An immature mullet.
- To hand-feed (a young animal).
- a fat person
- A puddle; a plash.
- A poorhouse, workhouse, welfare office, charity hostel, etc.
- Government financial assistance, particularly employment insurance.
- A scorpaeniform fish native to the the waters of northern Europe,
- A French infantryman during the First World War
- A seizure of property etc in lieu of a debt; the animal or property so seized
- To seize property in this manner
- A discrete division of something.
- An individual element in a larger whole; a particular detail, thought, or quality.
- A particular moment in an event or occurrence; a juncture.
- Condition, state.
- A topic of discussion or debate; a proposition, a focus of conversation or consideration.
- The smallest quantity of something; a jot, a whit.
- A tiny amount of time; a moment.
- A specific location or place, seen as a spatial position.
- A zero-dimensional mathematical object representing a location in one or more dimensions; something considered to have position but no magnitude or direction.
- A purpose or objective.
- A full stop or other terminal punctuation mark.
- A dot or mark used to designate certain tones or time. In ancient music, it distinguished or characterized certain tones or styles (points of perfection, of augmentation, etc.). In modern music, it is placed on the right of a note to raise its value, or prolong its time, by one half.
- A note; a tune.
- A distinguishing quality or characteristic.
- Something tiny, as a pinprick; a very small mark.
- A tenth; formerly also a twelfth.
- Each of the marks or strokes written above letters, especially in Semitic languages, to indicate vowels, stress etc.
- A unit of scoring in a game or competition.
- A decimal point (now especially when reading decimal fractions aloud).
- A unit used to express differences in prices of stocks and shares.
- a unit of measure equal to 1/12 of a pica, or approximately 1/72 of an inch (exactly 1/72 of an inch in the digital era).
- An electric power socket.
- A unit of bearing equal to one thirty-second of a circle, i.e. 11.25°.
- A sharp extremity.
- The sharp tip of an object.
- Any projecting extremity of an object.
- An object which has a sharp or tapering tip.
- Each of the twelve triangular positions in either table of a backgammon board, on which the stones are played.
- A peninsula or promontory.
- The position at the front or vanguard of an advancing force.
- Each of the main directions on a compass, usually considered to be 32 in number; a direction.
- The difference between two points of the compass.
- Pointedness of speech or writing; a penetrating or decisive quality of expression.
- A railroad switch.
- An area of contrasting colour on an animal, especially a dog; a marking.
- A tine or snag of an antler.
- A movement executed with the sabre or foil.
- One of the several different parts of the escutcheon.
- A short piece of cordage used in reefing sails.
- A string or lace used to tie together certain garments.
- Lace worked by the needle.
- An item of private information; a hint; a tip; a pointer.
- The attitude assumed by a pointer dog when he finds game.
- The perpendicular rising of a hawk over the place where its prey has gone into cover.
- The act of pointing, as of the foot downward in certain dance positions.
- The gesture of extending the index finger in a direction in order to indicate something.
- A vaccine point.
- In various sports, a position of a certain player, or, by extension, the player occupying that position.
- A fielding position square of the wicket on the off side, between gully and cover.
- The position of the player of each side who stands a short distance in front of the goalkeeper.
- The position of the pitcher and catcher.
- A spot to which a straight run is made; hence, a straight run from point to point; a cross-country run.
- To extend the index finger in the direction of something in order to show where it is or to draw attention to it.
- To draw attention to something or indicate a direction.
- To face in a particular direction.
- To direct toward an object; to aim.
- To give a point to; to sharpen; to cut, forge, grind, or file to an acute end.
- To indicate a probability of something.
- To repair mortar.
- To fill up and finish the joints of (a wall), by introducing additional cement or mortar, and bringing it to a smooth surface.
- To cut, as a surface, with a pointed tool.
- To direct or encourage (someone) in a particular direction.
- To separate an integer from a decimal with a decimal point.
- To mark with diacritics.
- To supply with punctuation marks; to punctuate.
- To direct the central processing unit to seek information at a certain location in memory.
- To direct requests sent to a domain name to the IP address corresponding to that domain name.
- To sail close to the wind.
- To indicate the presence of game by a fixed and steady look, as certain hunting dogs do.
- To approximate to the surface; to head.
- To appoint.
- To give point to (something said or done); to give particular prominence or force to.
- Weight; an amount of weight, the amount something weighs.
- The weight, or mass of metal, used in weighing, to balance the substance weighed.
- That which causes a balance; a counterweight.
- A state of balance, equilibrium or stability.
- Composure; freedom from embarrassment or affectation.
- Mien; bearing or deportment of the head or body.
- A condition of hovering, or being suspended.
- A cgs unit of dynamic viscosity equal to one dyne-second per square centimeter.
- To hang in equilibrium; to be balanced or suspended; hence, to be in suspense or doubt.
- To counterpoise; to counterbalance.
- To be of a given weight; to weigh.
- To add weight to, to weigh down.
- To hold (something) or something else in equilibrium; to balance, counterpose.
- To hold (something) in equilibrium, to hold balanced and ready; to carry (something) ready to be used.
- To keep (something) in equilibrium; to hold suspended or balanced.
- To ascertain, as if by balancing; to weigh.
- of small volume, cramped
- A poker machine.
- Any of several species of arboreal tarantula in the genus
- One who propels a boat using a pole.
- A horse harnessed alongside the shaft or pole of a vehicle.
- An extortioner.
- an extensive depression having a flat floor and steep walls but no outflowing surface stream and found in a region having karst topography (as in parts of Yugoslavia)
- A place where votes are cast in elections.
- name, nickname for Mary created by rhyming with Molly.
- An African beer made from millet.
- A green roundel representing an apple.
- A pom; a person of British descent, a Briton; an Englishman.
- English; British.
- Resembling a pond; pondlike
- Cyathea dealbata, a medium-sized tree fern endemic to New Zealand.
- A dog.
- A dog of mixed breed; a mongrel.
- A bulge, an enlarged part
- A distended or swelled condition.
- To distend, to swell or extend beyond normal limits; usually used with
- Of or pertaining to something that is puffy, filled with air, inflated.
- Capable of making a poofing sound.
- Pertaining to, or describing homosexual behaviour or culture
- A fairy that supposedly appears in animal form, often large.
- A convenient storage location or hiding spot created by the arrangement or form of surrounding objects
- A town in Dorset, England
- A type of unleavened bread from Indian and Pakistan.
- A girl.
- Relating to pores.
- One who pores, or studies closely.
- Any of several fish of the family Sparidae; the sea bream.
- In particular, the scup (paugie).
- Resembling or characteristic of pork.
- Rather fat; chubby.
- A lie.
- An eye.
- Reminiscent of pornography; somewhat pornographic.
- A drink in Ancient Rome and Greece, made by mixing sour wine or vinegar with water and herbs.
- Firm; determined; fixed.
- A posh person.
- A food product made of cornmeal.
- Something that is posited; a postulate.
- Assume the existence of; to postulate.
- Propose for consideration or study; to suggest.
- Put (something somewhere) firmly.
- Portable Operating System Interface, a set of IEEE standards designed to provide application portability between UNIX variants.
- To thrust.
- To trample.
- A type of rough opal without colour, and therefore not worth selling.
- form of (to cook in simmering water).
- Any species of the genus Nyctibius related to the nightjars (same order Caprimulgiformes), and found from southern Mexico to southern Brazil.
- A children's game, similar to hopscotch, especially popular in New York.
- The puck used in this game, usually made of a flattened tin can.
- A chamber pot, particularly the pot used when toilet-training children.
- Any other device or place for urination or defecation: a toilet; a lavatory; a latrine; an outhouse.
- Easy to pot the ball on.
- A small bag usually closed with a drawstring.
- A pocket in which a marsupial carries its young.
- Any pocket or bag-shaped object, such as a cheek pouch.
- A protuberant belly; a paunch.
- A cyst or sac containing fluid.
- A silicle, or short pod, as of the shepherd's purse.
- A bulkhead in the hold of a vessel, to prevent grain etc. from shifting.
- To enclose within a pouch.
- To transport within a pouch, especially a diplomatic pouch.
- To swallow.
- To pout.
- To pocket; to put up with.
- A girl, a young woman, especially seen as promiscuous; a slut.
- form of (in various senses)
- A young bird, a chick; now especially, a young game bird (turkey, partridge, grouse etc.).
- Tending to pout; angry in a childish or cute way; showing mock anger.
- a species of freshwater whitefish endemic to Loch Lomond in Scotland.
- A principal area and preserved county of Wales, admin HQ Llandrindod Wells.
- Jam (fruit conserve made from fruit boiled with sugar).
- A firing position.
- A position or place, especially one that is advantageous.
- An introduction, preface or preamble.
- A member of the proletariat
- A pleb (ordinary person).
- an interview or monologue intended to promote a character or an upcoming match.
- To promote; to publicize.
- A thin, pointed, projecting part.
- A branch; a fork.
- to pierce or poke with, or as if with, a prong
- A game of chance using four seashells (each called a prop).
- respect for, or recognition of, another person; an expression of approval or a special acknowledgment; accolades; praise.
- The prow or fore part of a ship.
- Panicum miliaceum, a grass used as a crop.
- Unpoetic (of speech or writing); dull and unimaginative.
- Behaving in a dull way (of a person); boring, tedious.
- To rove over, through, or about in a stealthy manner; especially, to search in, as for prey or booty.
- To idle; to go about aimlessly.
- To collect by plunder.
- The act of prowling.
- Used as a proxy or acting as a proxy.
- An agent or substitute authorized to act for another person.
- The authority to act for another, especially when written.
- The written appointment of a proctor in suits in the ecclesiastical courts.
- A measurement of one physical quantity that is used as an indicator of the value of another
- An interface for a service, especially for one that is remote, resource-intensive, or otherwise difficult to use directly.
- To serve as a proxy for.
- To function as a server for a client device, but pass on the requests to another server for service.
- A proximity mine; a mine that explodes when something approaches within a certain distance.
- the short name for Oklahoma, introduced by the U.S. Post Office.
- A city in Russia, administrative centre of Pskov oblast.
- Either of two muscles, the psoas major and psoas minor involved in flexion of the trunk
- A cutaneous disease, especially the itch.
- A town and an ancient city in the Messenia prefecture, Greece
- Resembling or relating to pus.
- To move a growing plant from one pot to a larger one to allow for further growth
- To reproduce (a bug or problem).
- a cathedral city in the Borough of Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
- Broken, as an ordinary; cut off, or broken at the top, as a chevron, a bend, etc.
- Tending to romp; playfully adventurous.
- hoarse (from shouting)
- Any of various body parts of non-parasitic bees that serve to carry pollen. In parasitic Hymenoptera it refers to a local patch of hairs, regardless of function.
- A Neapolitan card game.
- An area of ground that tends evenly upward or downward.
- The degree to which a surface tends upward or downward.
- The ratio of the vertical and horizontal distances between two points on a line; zero if the line is horizontal, undefined if it is vertical.
- The slope of the line tangent to a curve at a given point.
- The angle a roof surface makes with the horizontal, expressed as a ratio of the units of vertical rise to the units of horizontal length (sometimes referred to as run).
- A person of Chinese or other East Asian descent.
- To tend steadily upward or downward.
- To form with a slope; to give an oblique or slanting direction to; to incline or slant.
- To try to move surreptitiously.
- To hold a rifle at a slope with forearm perpendicular to the body in front holding the butt, the rifle resting on the shoulder.
- of Rubber thong sandals.
- of Scraps that will be fed to animals, particularly to hogs.
- Clothing and bedding issued to sailors
- Sailors’ breeches ending just below the knees or above the ankles, worn mainly in XVIII century
- The dirty wastewater of a house.
- Characterised by a slope or slopes; sloping
- To be devious and cunning so as not to be seen.
- To secretly spy on or investigate, especially into the private personal life of others.
- The act of snooping
- One who snoops
- A private detective
- Resembling soap.
- Resembling a soap opera.
- Full of soap.
- Covered in soap.
- Very wet; sodden, soaked
- sentimental, maudlin, bathetic
- Resembling soup; creamy.
- Extravagant sentimental; slushy.
- Someone who has been castrated; a eunuch or castrato.
- A tomb or temple carved from the solid rock
Possible word length