Page 1 from 68
Total results: 69949
- A Finnish Moon god.
- The innermost section of a chrysalis in a silk cocoon.
- A small lump or knob.
- The essence or core of an issue, argument etc.
- The clitoris.
- To hit the ball weakly.
- To push; to nudge.
- To beckon.
- A noob; a newcomer or incompetent.
- a local government district in West Sussex, England.
- a river in West Sussex, after which the district was named.
- name chiefly used in India.
- The sister or sister-in-law of one’s parent.
- a woman of an older generation than oneself, especially a friend of one's parents, by means of fictive kin.
- name, an alternative spelling of Canute (Scandinavian Knut) in historical context.
- The female genitalia, especially the vulva.
- An extremely unpleasant or objectionable person (in US, especially a woman; in UK or Ireland, more usually a man).
- An objectionable object or item.
- An unpleasant or difficult experience or incident.
- A woman, women, or bottom (i.e. submissive partner, not the top) as a source of sex.
- (with words funny, good) A person (mostly between male friends); compare bastard.
- Euphemism for darn, in itself a euphemism for damn.
- Darn; damned; extremely.
- Rhotized pronunciation of doing.
- An old Russian unit of weight, approximately 410 grams.
- dirt or grime; any vague or unknown substance
- A subculture of 21st century American males, combining elements of modern gothic culture with punk rock.
- A member of the gunk subculture.
- To soil or make dirty
- A large or dense piece of something.
- A sexually attractive boy or man, especially one who is muscular.
- A record of differences between almost contiguous portions of two files (or other sources of information). Differences that are widely separated by areas which are identical in both files would not be part of a single hunk. Differences that are separated by small regions which are identical in both files may comprise a single hunk. Patches are made up of hunks.
- A honyock.
- The queen of the gods, equivalent of the Greek Hera.
- Short for the third main belt asteroid discovered.
- A knurl.
- The small wooden ball in the game of trap ball, or knurr and spell.
- A fool; an idiot; a lunkhead.
- crazy; mentally unsound
- To be able to; may; must.
- The greater mouse-deer,
- A corner; a nook. A fairy fiddler frae the neuk, [nook] - "Robert Burns", by William Allan Neilson (1917)
- A bend (e.g. in a coast) …the fleet, after exploring the harbours, had doubled the East Neuk, passed safely through St Andrews Bay, and entered the Firth of Tay. --Chronicles of Strathearn (1896) - Rev. John Hunter.
- in Oceania. Official name: Republic of Niue.
- A word that can be used to refer to a person, animal, place, thing, phenomenon, substance, quality, or idea; one of the basic parts of speech in many languages, including English.
- Either a word that can be used to refer to a person, animal, place, thing, phenomenon, substance, quality or idea, or a word that modifies or describes a previous word or its referent; a substantive or adjective, sometimes also including other parts of speech such as numeral or pronoun.
- To convert a word to a noun.
- The mind or intellect, reason, both rational and emotional
- In Neoplatonism, the divine reason, regarded as first divine emanation.
- Common sense; practical intelligence.
- Without clothing or other covering of the skin; without clothing on the genitals or female nipples.
- Of a color (such as beige or tan) that evokes bare flesh.
- A painting, sculpture, photograph or other artwork or mass-media-reproduced image depicting one or more human figure(s) in a state of near or total undress.
- The state of total nudity.
- Without the power of sensation and motion or feeling; insensible.
- Not able to react, surprised, shocked.
- Causing numbness.
- To cause to become numb.
- A city of Peru, in the southwest of the country by Lake Titicaca
- A new pupil at a school etc.; a junior student.
- A younger person.
- A beginner, a novice.
- An inferior person; a subordinate.
- Of inferior size, strength or significance.
- small, weak, not effective.
- (the runs) Diarrhea/diarrhoea
- The smallest animal of a litter.
- The smallest child in the family, as in "the runt of the family".
- Undersized or stunted plant, animal or person.
- An Ethernet packet that does not meet the medium's minimum packet size of 64 bytes.
- A single word (or portion of a hyphenated word) that appears as the last line of a paragraph.
- A breed of pigeon related to the carrier pigeon.
- A hardened stem or stalk of a plant.
- Conspicuously short.
- Derived from a simpler polyhedron by the addition of extra triangular faces.
- A deliberate affront or slight.
- A sudden checking of a cable or rope.
- A knot; a protuberance; a snag.
- To slight, ignore or behave coldly toward someone.
- To turn down; to dismiss.
- To stub out (a cigarette etc).
- To halt the movement of a rope etc by turning it about a cleat or bollard etc; to secure a vessel in this manner.
- To clip or break off the end of; to check or stunt the growth of.
- To sob with convulsions.
- A small, comfortable back room in a pub.
- A lug.
- Comfortable; cosy (cozy); satisfactory.
- Close; concealed; not exposed to notice.
- To make secure or snug.
- To snuggle or nestle.
- To incapacitate; especially by inducing disorientation or unconsciousness.
- To shock or surprise.
- To hit the cue ball so that it slides without topspin or backspin (and with or without sidespin) and continues at a natural angle after contact with the object ball
- The condition of being stunned.
- A person who is deemed to be unintelligent.
- The effect on the cue ball where the ball is hit without topspin, backspin or sidespin.
- tuneful; melodious
- to make a non-linear physical movement.
- Of a body, person, etc, to move around an axis through itself.
- To change the direction or orientation of, especially by rotation.
- to change one's direction of travel.
- to change the course of.
- To shape (something) symmetrically by rotating it against a stationary cutting tool, as on a lathe.
- To give form to; to shape or mould; to adapt.
- To position (something) by folding it, or using its folds.
- To navigate through a book or other printed material.
- Of a bowler, to make (the ball) move sideways off the pitch when it bounces.
- Of a ball, to move sideways off the pitch when it bounces.
- To change condition or attitude.
- To become
- To change the color of the leaves in the autumn.
- To change fundamentally; to metamorphose.
- To sour or spoil; to go bad.
- To make acid or sour; to ferment; to curdle.
- To reach a certain age.
- To hinge; to depend.
- To rebel; to go against something formerly tolerated.
- To change personal condition.
- To change personalities, such as from being a face (good guy) to heel (bad guy) or vice versa.
- To become giddy; said of the head or brain.
- To sicken; to nauseate.
- To be nauseated; said of the stomach.
- To change one's course of action; to take a new approach.
- To complete.
- Of a player, to go past an opposition player with the ball in one's control.
- To undergo the process of turning on a lathe.
- To bring down the feet of a child in the womb, in order to facilitate delivery.
- To invert a type of the same thickness, as a temporary substitute for any sort which is exhausted.
- To translate.
- A change of direction or orientation.
- A movement of an object about its own axis in one direction that continues until the object returns to its initial orientation.
- A unit of plane angle measurement based on this movement.
- A single loop of a coil.
- A chance to use (something) shared in sequence with others.
- The time allotted to a person in a rota or schedule.
- One's chance to make a move in a game having two or more players.
- A figure in music, often denoted ~, consisting of the note above the one indicated, the note itself, the note below the one indicated, and the note itself again.
- (also turnaround) The time required to complete a project.
- A fit or a period of giddiness.
- A change in temperament or circumstance.
- A sideways movement of the ball when it bounces (caused by rotation in flight).
- The fourth communal card in Texas hold 'em.
- The flop (the first three community cards) in Texas hold 'em.
- A deed done to another.
- A pass behind or through an object.
- Character; personality; nature.
- An instance of going past an opposition player with the ball in one's control.
- A short skit, act, or routine.
- A city/town in Idaho.
- The bone of the forearm that extends from the elbow to the wrist on the side opposite to the thumb, corresponding to the fibula of the hind limb. Also, the corresponding bone in the forelimb of any vertebrate.
- Linnaeus's two-toed sloth, Choloepus didactylus, a two-toed sloth native to South America.
- uncle (especially one's own uncle)
- To anoint, especially a monarch or other patriarchal leader.
- To lubricate.
- A spiral or circular dot placed on the forehead of Buddhist images as an auspicious mark.
- In ancient Rome, a liquid measurement of half an or a vessel of this size.
- To wound (oneself) by biting at the breast.
- Vulnerability (weakness in software etc. that can be maliciously exploited).
- Curved inward, hooked.
- name of mostly Scottish usage.
- A former county in Scotland, which became a local government district in 1975 in Region (abolished 1996), and is now one of Scotland's 32 council areas.
- A black, hornless breed of beef cattle, originally from Scotland.
- A nickname for the 0-8-8-0 train configuration.
- The personification of death in Breton mythology.
- The hooked goad that is used in India to control elephants.
- To formally revoke the validity of.
- To dissolve (a marital union) on the grounds that it is not valid.
- A red colouring matter derived from phenol. Used as an indicator.
- A class of plant growth substance (often called phytohormones or plant hormones) which play an essential role in coordination of many growth and behavioral processes in the plant life cycle.
- A river in Cameroon and Nigeria, the major tributary of the Niger River.
- An independent kingdom, descended from the that covered much of modern Chad and parts of Libya, Niger, Nigeria and Cameroon.
- hobgoblin, evil spirit
- A group of a number of similar things, either growing together, or in a cluster or clump, usually fastened together.
- The peloton; the main group of riders formed during a race.
- An informal body of friends.
- A considerable amount.
- An unmentioned amount; a number.
- A group of logs tied together for skidding.
- An unusual concentration of ore in a lode or a small, discontinuous occurrence or patch of ore in the wallrock.
- The reserve yarn on the filling bobbin to allow continuous weaving between the time of indication from the midget feeler until a new bobbin is put in the shuttle.
- An unfinished cigar, before the wrapper leaf is added.
- A protuberance; a hunch; a knob or lump; a hump.
- To gather into a bunch.
- To gather fabric into folds.
- To form a bunch.
- To be gathered together in folds
- To protrude or swell
- A swindle or confidence trick.
- A parlour game played in teams with three dice, originating in England but popular among suburban women in the United States at the beginning of the 21st century.
- To swindle (someone).
- A baking pan with a hollow, circular, raised area in the middle.
- A wilderness region, away from cities.
- Diminutive of Bundaberg, a coastal city of Queensland.
- Abbreviation of Bundaberg rum.
- A culvert or short covered drain connecting two ditches.
- A chine or gully formed by water running over the edge of a cliff; a wooded glen or small ravine opening through the cliff line to the sea.
- Any small drain or culvert.
- A brick arch or wooden bridge, covered with earth across a drawn or carriage in a water-meadow, just wide enough to allow a hay-wagon to pass over.
- A small pool of water.
- A swelling from a blow; a bump.
- A sudden enlargement or mass of ore, as opposed to a vein or lode.
- A rabbit, especially a juvenile.
- A bunny girl: a nightclub waitress who wears a costume having rabbit ears and tail.
- In basketball, an easy shot (i.e., one right next to the bucket) that is missed.
- Bunny chow; a snack of bread filled with curry.
- Easy or unchallenging.
- Resembling a bun
- a female pet name
- A bunya pine,
- A banyan, a member of a specific Hindu caste.
- Damaged or injured by fire or heat.
- Having a sunburn.
- Being darker than standard, especially browner.
- A part of something that has been separated.
- A representative portion of a substance, often large and irregular.
- A discrete segment of a file, stream, etc. (especially one that represents audiovisual media); a block.
- A segment of a comedian's performance
- To break into large pieces or chunks.
- To break down (language, etc.) into conceptual chunks of manageable size.
- To throw.
- To agitate rapidly and repetitively, or to stir with a rowing or rocking motion; generally applies to liquids, notably cream.
- To produce excessive and sometimes undesirable or unproductive activity or motion.
- To move rapidly and repetitively with a rocking motion; to tumble, mix or shake.
- (in a booking system) to repeatedly cancel and rebook a reservation in order to refresh ticket time limits or other fare rule restrictions.
- A vessel used for churning.
- The time when a consumer switches his/her service provider.
- The mass of people who are ready to switch carriers, expressed by the formula Customer Quits/Customer base.
- Cyclic activity that achieves nothing.
- wasted away; shrunken
- a dull, metallic sound, especially one made by two bodies coming into contact
- to make such a sound
- A horn, or anything shaped like or resembling a horn.
- To recite numbers in sequence.
- To determine the number (of objects in a group).
- To be of significance; to matter.
- To be an example of something:
- To consider something an example of something.
- To take account or note (of).
- To plead orally; to argue a matter in court; to recite a count.
- The act of counting or tallying a quantity.
- The result of a tally that reveals the number of items in a set; a quantity counted.
- A countdown.
- A charge of misconduct brought in a legal proceeding.
- The number of balls and strikes, respectively, on a batter's in-progress plate appearance.
- An object of interest or account; value; estimation.
- The male ruler of a county.
- A nobleman holding a rank intermediate between dukes and barons.
- The flowering plant in the family Apiaceae.
- Its aromatic long seed, used as a spice, notably in Indian, Middle Eastern, and Mexican cookery.
- to discourage, intimidate
- to overwhelm
- name transferred from the surname.
- Pertaining to or consisting of dunes.
- An Ottoman Turkish unit of surface area nominally equal to 1,600 square (Turkish) paces but actually varied at a provincial and local level according to land quality to accommodate its colloquial sense of the amount of land able to be plowed in a day, roughly equivalent to the Byzantine stremma or English acre.
- A modern Turkish unit of surface area equal to a decare (1000 m²), equivalent to the modern Greek stremma.
- Various other units in other areas of the former Ottoman Empire, usually equated to the decare but sometimes varying (as in Iraq, where it is 2500 m²).
- Resembling or characteristic of dung.
- Covered in dung
- An utterance of the word dunno.
- Somewhat dun, dusky brownish.
- Somewhat deaf, hard of hearing.
- Slow to answer: stupid, unintelligent.
- A dummy, an unintelligent person.
- An outhouse: an outbuilding used as a lavatory.
- Any other place or fixture used for urination and defecation: a latrine; a lavatory; a toilet.
- A passageway, particularly those connecting an outhouse to the main building.
- A cellar, basement, or underground passage.
- To pass food into the stomach; to digest; also figuratively, to take on, absorb.
- To take on, to take the form of.
- To clothe (someone something).
- To invest (someone) a given quality, property etc.; to endow.
- A gripping listlessness or melancholia caused by boredom; depression.
- To make bored or listless; to weary.
- To follow (a leader, inclination etc.).
- To follow (in time), to be subsequent to.
- To occur afterwards, as a result or effect.
- To inure; to make accustomed or desensitized to something unpleasant due to constant exposure.
- With "to": to take effect, to be operative.
- In printing, the graded shift from one color into another.
- something from which water flows
- a device from which poultry may drink
- that from which something flows or proceeds
- A typographic font.
- (British slang) Abbreviation of "Fucked Up, Not Dead Yet"
- A fungus.
- A fool or simpleton.
- A fielding practice drill where a person hits fly balls intended to be caught.
- A fungo bat.
- Offbeat, unconventional or eccentric.
- Not quite right; of questionable quality; not appropriate to the context.
- Cool; great; excellent.
- Having or relating to the smell of funk.
- Relating to or reminiscent of various genres of African American music, especially funk.
- Relating to, or characterized by, great fear, or funking.
- Amusing; humorous; comical.
- Strange or unusual, often implying unpleasant.
- A joke.
- A comic strip.
- A narrow boat for sculling.
- Any of the several rodents of the family Ctenodactylidae.
- A municipality in Croatia.
- greasy, messy or dirty.
- A coarse heavy fabric made of jute or hemp.
- A gunny sack.
- A gunnery sergeant.
- To inhabit, or visit frequently (most often used in reference to ghosts).
- To make uneasy, restless.
- To stalk, to follow
- To live habitually; to stay, to remain.
- To accustom; habituate; make accustomed to.
- To practise; to devote oneself to.
- To persist in staying or visiting.
- A place at which one is regularly found; a hangout.
- A ghost.
- A feeding place for animals.Oxford English Dictionary, second edition (1989)
- A dog, particularly a breed with a good sense of smell developed for hunting other animals. (hunt hound, hunting hound, hunting dog, hunter)
- Someone who seeks something.
- A male who constantly seeks the company of desirable women.
- A despicable person.
- A houndfish.
- Projections at the masthead, serving as a support for the trestletrees and top to rest on.
- A side bar used to strengthen portions of the running gear of a vehicle.
- To persistently harass.
- The part of the organic matter in soil that does not dissolve in dilute alkali
- A province of the People's Republic of China, located in the middle reaches of the Yangtze River and south of Lake Dongting.
- A hump; a protuberance.
- A stooped or curled posture; a slouch.
- A theory, idea, or guess; an intuitive impression that something will happen.
- A hunk; a lump; a thick piece.
- A push or thrust, as with the elbow.
- To slouch, stoop, curl, or lean.
- To push or jostle with the elbow; to push or thrust suddenly.
- To thrust out a hump or protuberance; to crook, as the back.
- To have a hunch, or make an intuitive guess.
- A crotchety or surly person; also, a stingy man, a miser.
- Exhibiting strong, masculine beauty.
- Shaped like a hunk, or piece; chunky.
- All right; in good condition.
- even; square; on equal footing with
- A person of Hungarian or Slavic, especially Ruthenian, descent.
- To bring upon oneself or expose oneself to, especially something inconvenient, harmful, or onerous; to become liable or subject to.
- To render somebody liable or subject to.
- To enter or pass into.
- To fall within a period or scope; to occur; to run into danger.
- To render liable or subject to; to occasion.
- A small anvil-shaped bone in the middle ear.
- an accessory cloud, in the shape of an anvil which forms by spreading at the top of a cumulonimbus.
- Set in by or as if by cutting.
- Inserted in a reserved space of the text instead of in the main margin.
- The act or process of putting in; infusion.
- That which is put in, as in an amount.
- Contribution, or share in a contribution.
- Something fed into a process with the intention of it shaping or affecting the output of that process.
- To put in; put on.
- To enter data.
- To accept data that is entered.
- In ski jumping, the ramp down which skiers ski to gain speed, before taking off.
- The portion of a ski jump run on the descending portion of the ramp.
- A Zionist paramilitary group that operated in Mandatory Palestine between 1931 and 1948.
- fascinated with objects, events, or experiences which seem ordinary to others.
- An ancient Indian machine used to raise water to irrigate land.
- A wearisome journey.
- A short excursion for pleasure or refreshment; a ramble; a short journey.
- To ramble here and there; to stroll; to make an excursion.
- To ride on a jaunting car.
- To jolt; to jounce.
- Resembling or characteristic of junk; cheap, worthless, or of low quality.
- A close-fitting sleeveless jacket, descending below the hips, worn over armour.
- A petticoat.
- A white or cream-coloured robe worn by men in the African Great Lakes region.
- A knot or burl in a tree.
- A leather scourge (multi-tail whip), in the severe version known as 'great knout' with metal weights on each tongue, notoriously used in imperial Russia.
- To flog or beat with a knout.
- A contorted knot in wood.
- A crossgrained protuberance; a nodule; a boss or projection.
- A lined or crossgrained pattern of ridges or indentations rolled or pressed into a part for grip.
- To roll or press a pattern of ridges or indentations into a part for grip.
- Any of several types of light wood, resembling mahogany, from various trees from the Philippines and Malaysia.
- A grassy plain or pasture, especially surrounded by woodland; a glade.
- an island in the Bristol Channel, off the coast of Devon, England.
- A type of sweet muscat wine.
- A little moon or satellite.
- A garment worn around the waist by many people, especially men, in Southern India, Bangladesh, Burma, and Pakistan.
- Any member of the genus Lupinus in the family Fabaceae.
- A a yellow legume seed of a Lupinus plant (usually which is commonly eaten in the Mediterranean area and in Latin America although it is toxic if prepared improperly.
- A small wild cat of Central Asia, syn,
- A wicker basket.
- A unit of capacity with various specific local values.
- A handbasket with two lids.
- A unit of weight in southern and western Asia, whose value varied widely by location. Two maunds made one chest of opium in East India. One maund equalled 136 pounds of opium in Turkey.
- to beg
- To mutter; to mumble or speak incoherently; to maunder.
- To express sadness or sorrow for; to grieve over (especially a death).
- Sorrow, grief.
- A ring fitted upon the head of a lance to prevent wounding an adversary in tilting.
- Any of several glycoproteins found in mucus
- The bonnet monkey.
- To transform data in an undefined or unexplained manner.
- To add a spamblock to (an email address).
- To corrupt a record about an individual by erroneously merging in information about another individual.
- The goddess of the primeval sea that gave rise to heaven and earth.
- A province of Wallonia, Belgium.
- The capital city of Wallonia.
- Namur islet, Kwajalein atoll, Marshall Islands.
- wood of the tree (or several other similar) that was once used for boat building, architectural woodworking and wood art in China
- A sign used in early musical notation
- A general term referring to a number of different, usually benign, pigmented, raised or otherwise abnormal lesions of the skin.
- A contract in early Ancient Rome in which the debtor pledged his own person as collateral should he default on his loan (thus risking becoming a slave to the creditor).
- The group of Southern African indigenous peoples comprising the Zulu, Xhosa and Swazi nations.
- The group of languages of the Nguni people.
- An aggregate of neurons.
- A nest for insects or small animals.
- A locus of infection in an organism.
- An originating point for a phenomenon.
- A tropical flea, the chigoe.
- a palm tree of New Zealand.
- the eponymous founder of the Babylonian city Nineveh
- a centaur
- A mental or physical effort to attain a specific goal; a striving.
- The periodic procreative desire manifested in the spring by birds, etc.
- The contraction of the diaphragm and abdominal muscles to evacuate faeces or urine.
- A difficulty.
- In the Odonata, a prominent crossvein near the centre of the leading edge of a wing.
- A new feature.
- A game of dice, properly called novem quinque, the two principal throws being nine and five.
- A French liqueur made at Poissy in north central France from brandy and flavoured with almonds and the pits of apricots since the early nineteenth century.
- A social structure where individual animals live alone, but each male's territory overlaps with those of several females.
- Knobbly; covered with small knobs.
- Nub-like, resembling a small bump or protrusion; stubby.
- The nape or back of the neck.
- Only used in the phrase in the nuddy
- A gentle push.
- A feature of instant messaging software used to get the attention of another user, as by shaking the conversation window or playing a sound.
- The rotation by one step of a reel of the player's choice.
- To push against gently, especially in order to gain attention or give a signal.
- To near or come close to something.
- Entertainment involving naked people, especially women.
- A whiner, a noodge.
- To pester, to noodge.
- To whine.
- A city in Uzbekistan, the capital of Karakalpakstan.
- a divinity, especially a local or presiding god
- A star, σ Sagittarii.
- The nape of the neck.
- Containing nuts.
- Reminiscent of nuts.
- Barmy, crazy, mad.
- An avoirdupois ounce, weighing 1/16 of an avoirdupois pound, or 28.3495 grams.
- A troy ounce, weighing 1/12 of a troy pound, or 480 grains, or 31.1035 grams.
- A US fluid ounce, with a volume of 1/16 of a US pint, 1.804 687 cubic inches or 29.573 531 milliliters.
- A British imperial fluid ounce, with a volume of 1/20 of an imperial pint, 1.733871 cubic inches or 28.413063 millilitres.
- A little bit.
- The snow leopard, Uncia uncia.
- Out; out of; out from.
- Being from without; strange; foreign; peculiar.
- To put out; extinguish.
- A plum.
- The dried, wrinkled fruit of certain species of plum.
- An old woman, especially a wrinkly one.
- To remove excess material from a tree or shrub; to trim, especially to make more healthy or productive.
- To cut down or shorten (by the removal of unnecessary material).
- To remove unnecessary branches from a tree data structure.
- To preen; to prepare; to dress.
- To become wrinkled like a dried plum, as the fingers and toes do when kept submerged in water.
- A small piece of glass fused to the main body of a piece of glasswork and then shaped or pressed, for decoration
- A small sloop or shallop, or a large boat with sails.
- Of or relating to ancient Carthage, its inhabitants, or their language.
- Perfidious, treacherous, faithless.
- The language of Carthage.
- Of or pertaining to punk (touchwood) - soft or rotted.
- Of or pertaining to the punk subculture.
- Involving the use of a pun.
- Who makes puns.
- A metal rod used in the glassblowing process. After a glass vessel has been blown to approximate size and the bottom of the piece has been finalized, the rod, which is tipped with a wad of hot glass, is attached to the bottom of the vessel to hold it while the top is finalized. It often leaves an irregular or ring-shaped scar on the base when removed called the "pontil mark".
- A woman, now especially an impudent or disreputable woman; a prostitute.
- A young woman, a girl; a daughter.
- A hypothetical fundamental particle; a preon.
- derived from the Ó Coinn "descendant of Chief".
- name transferred from the surname.
- name occasionally used since the 1990s.
- A town/village/thorp in South Dakota.
- A city/town in Missouri.
- Any of the corner building blocks of a building, usually larger or more ornate than the surrounding blocks.
- The keystone of an arch.
- A metal wedge which fits into the space between the type and the edge of a chase, and is tightened to fix the metal type in place.
- A form of wedge used to prevent casks from moving
- A historical city in Haute-Normandie, Normandy, France.
- A heavyweight breed of domesticated duck, of French origin.
- An outer garment typical of the Andes region of Venezuela and Colombia, and resembling a poncho.
- Inscribed with runes.
- A bard, or learned man, among the ancient Goths.
- Fluid; capable of flowing.
- Liable to run or drip.
- Having the characteristics of a runt; small and stunted.
- A flavonoid, found in many plants, that is a glycoside of quercetin and rutinose.
- To turn away or aside.
- To cause to move suddenly; to give a sudden start to; to shove.
- To move a train from one track to another, or to move carriages, etc. from one train to another.
- To divert electric current by providing an alternative path.
- To divert the flow of a body fluid using surgery.
- To move data in memory to a physical disk.
- To have a minor collision, especially in a motor car.
- To provide with a shunt.
- To divert to a less important place, position or state
- A switch on a railway
- A connection used as an alternative path between parts of an electric circuit
- A passage between body channels constructed surgically as a bypass
- A minor collision
- The shifting of the studs on a projectile from the deep to the shallow sides of the grooves in its discharge from a shunt gun.
- An animal, especially a calf, born prematurely or abortively.
- Finely ground or pulverized tobacco intended for use by being sniffed or snorted into the nose.
- Fine-ground or minced tobacco, dry or moistened, intended for use by placing a pinch behind the lip or beneath the tongue; see also snus.
- A snort or sniff of fine-ground, powdered, or pulverized tobacco.
- The act of briskly inhaling by the nose; a sniff, a snort.
- Resentment or skepticism expressed by quickly drawing air through the nose; snuffling; sniffling.
- Snot, mucus.
- Smell, scent, odour.
- To inhale through the nose.
- To turn up the nose and inhale air, as an expression of contempt; hence, to take offence.
- The burning part of a candle wick, or the black, burnt remains of a wick (which has to be periodically removed).
- Leavings in a glass after drinking; heeltaps.
- A murder.
- A form of pornographic film which involves someone actually being murdered.
- To extinguish a candle or oil-lamp flame by covering the burning end of the wick until the flame is suffocated.
- To trim the burnt part of a candle wick.
- To kill a person; to snuff out.
- A spark.
- Touchwood; tinder.
- A piece of tinder, sometimes impregnated with sulphur; a match.
- Courage; spirit; mettle; determination.
- An attractive person (normally male).
- To ejaculate.
- Smooth, or proceeding smoothly.
- Smoothly; without difficulty.
- A wooden chair with a seat made from woven straw or twine stretched over the frame.
- a butter substitute usually made of suet or lard
- The act of one who sues for something.
- The process of soaking through anything.
- A substance obtained from the wool of sheep, consisting largely of potash mixed with fatty and earthy matters.
Possible word length