Page 1 from 107
Total results: 110405
- non-commissioned officer.
- To annoy; to harm or injure.
- That which annoys.
- To have rightful possession of (property, goods or capital); to have legal title to.
- To have recognized political sovereignty over a place, territory, as distinct from the ordinary connotation of property ownership.
- To admit, concede, grant, allow, acknowledge, confess; not to deny.
- To claim as one's own; to answer to.
- To acknowledge or admit the possession or ownership of.
- To defeat or embarrass; to overwhelm.
- To virtually or figuratively enslave.
- To defeat, dominate, or be above, also spelled
- To illicitly obtain superuser or root access to a computer system, thereby having access to all of the user files on that system; pwn.
- Belonging to; possessed; proper to. Often marks a possessive determiner as reflexive, referring back to the subject of the clause or sentence.
- Peculiar, domestic.
- Not foreign.
- To grant; give.
- To admit; concede; acknowledge.
- To recognise; acknowledge.
- To confess.
- Either of or being a small Indonesian water buffalo similar in appearance to a deer.
- a city in the south of the Czech Republic
- The shelf- or bracket-shaped fruiting body of a bracket fungus (also called a shelf fungus), i.e. a mushroom growing off a tree trunk.
- A nose, especially a large one.
- To hit, especially on the head.
- A hairstyle involving the chemical straightening and styling of kinky hair.
- To chemically straighten tightly curled hair.
- A data structure in LISP that is a pair of pointers, car and cdr, used mainly for lists.
- To obtain a list from a cons or a nesting of conses; to prepend an element to a list by forming a cons of that element and the list; to obtain a list from a smaller one by repeated application of such kind of prepending.
- A rabbit, especially the European rabbit, Oryctolagus cuniculus (formerly known as
- Rabbit fur.
- Locally for other rabbit-like or hyrax-like animals, such as the ( dassie) or the pika ( formerly
- Used in the Old Testament as a translation of Hebrew šāpān (shaapaan, shaphan), thought to be the rock hyrax ( syn.
- A simpleton; one who may be taken in by a cony-catcher.
- An edible West Indian fish, a grouper given in different sources as: the hind of Bermuda;
- Several species of tropical west Atlantic groupers of family , such as the and
- The burbot.
- A sub-genre of scouse house music containing distinctive percussion sounds.
- To hit.
- A car's engine.
- A fool.
- A poor player who makes mistakes.
- To provide a second person with a lift on a bicycle (formerly, on a horse), seating the passenger either in front (on the handlebar) or behind (sharing the seat); to travel as a passenger in such manner.
- (now poetic) Ebony; an ebony tree.
- Made of ebony.
- Black in colour.
- A grandson of Adam.
- name of biblical origin.
- of uncertain origin.
- The town of Fontainebleau
- A hypothetical electromagnetic or gravitational wave held together in a confined region by the gravitational attraction of its own field energy.
- Any of a group of geometric forms capable of being recognised as a component of a real object
- A small furry toy like an ersatz teddy bear, popularized in wartime when production of real teddies stops.
- A stupid, ignorant, and/or boorish person.
- A sleep; a nap.
- A prostitute's client.
- To sleep.
- To lie; to tell an untruth
- A loose, flowing upper garment.
- A woman's ordinary outer dress, such as a calico or silk gown.
- The official robe of certain professional men and scholars, such as university students and officers, barristers, judges, etc.
- The dress of civil officers, as opposed to military officers.
- The university community.
- A loose wrapper worn by gentlemen within doors; a dressing gown.
- Any sort of dress or garb.
- The robe worn by a surgeon.
- To dress in a gown, to don or garb with a gown.
- To combine more than one item into one; to put together.
- To come together; to meet.
- To come into the company of.
- To become a member of.
- To produce an intersection of data in two or more database tables.
- To unite in marriage.
- To enjoin upon; to command.
- To accept, or engage in, as a contest.
- An intersection of piping or wiring; an interconnect.
- An intersection of data in two or more database tables.
- The lowest upper bound, an operation between pairs of elements in a lattice, denoted by the symbol
- The queen of the gods, equivalent of the Greek Hera.
- Short for the third main belt asteroid discovered.
- A gambling game, a variety of the game of lotto, played with balls or knobs, numbered, and cards also numbered.
- A rounded protuberance, handle, or control switch.
- A prominent rounded hill.
- A rounded ornament on the hilt of an edged weapon; a pommel.
- A prominent, rounded bump along a mountain ridge.
- (plural) Breasts.
- A penis.
- A contemptible person.
- A dollop, an amount just larger than a spoonful (usually referring to butter)
- A chunky branch-like piece, especially of a ginger rhizome.
- To have sex with.
- To perceive the truth or factuality of; to be certain of or that.
- To be aware of; to be cognizant of.
- To be acquainted or familiar with; to have encountered.
- To experience.
- To distinguish, to discern, particularly by contrast or comparison; to recognize the nature of.
- To recognize as the same (as someone or something previously encountered) after an absence or change.
- To understand or have a grasp of through experience or study.
- To have sexual relations with.
- To have knowledge; to have information, be informed.
- To be or become aware or cognizant.
- To be acquainted (with another person).
- To be able to play or perform (a song or other piece of music).
- Knowledge; the state of knowing.
- a Scottish surname
- a male given name derived from the surname
- lost, doomed
- abandoned, lonely, forlorn
- To be able to; may; must.
- A MOSFET with an n-type channel (a semiconductor doped with an element creating a surplus of electron carriers).
- A figure in Abrahamic religions, believed to have built an ark to save his family and members of each species of animal from the Great Flood.
- The 71st sura (chapter) of the Qur'an.
- of; shark.
- A short fibre left over from combing wool or spinning silk during the preparation of textile yarns. Sometimes it is referred to as 'Raw Silk', although this is somewhat of a misnomer.
- A gangrenous disease leading to tissue destruction of the face, especially the mouth and cheek.
- A small corner formed by two walls; an alcove.
- A hidden or secluded spot.
- An English unit of land area, originally ¼ of a yardland but later 12½ or 20 acres.
- Food; a light meal or snack.
- To eat a snack or light meal.
- To perform fellatio (on); to blow.
- prying, inquisitive or curious in other’s affairs; tending to snoop or meddle
- A look at something to satisfy one's curiosity.
- A word that can be used to refer to a person, animal, place, thing, phenomenon, substance, quality, or idea; one of the basic parts of speech in many languages, including English.
- Either a word that can be used to refer to a person, animal, place, thing, phenomenon, substance, quality or idea, or a word that modifies or describes a previous word or its referent; a substantive or adjective, sometimes also including other parts of speech such as numeral or pronoun.
- To convert a word to a noun.
- The mind or intellect, reason, both rational and emotional
- In Neoplatonism, the divine reason, regarded as first divine emanation.
- Common sense; practical intelligence.
- Naught, nothing.
- Naught, nothing.
- Naught, nothing.
- An ox.
- A herd of cattle.
- A dumb, crass, or clumsy person, or a person who is difficult or stubborn.
- The sound made by a pig, or an imitation thereof.
- Of a pig or in imitation thereof, to make its characteristic sound.
- An extraordinary individual.
- A small marble of little worth in children's games.
- A conker that has won one match.
- Alone in a category.
- Singularly superior; the best.
- Without sibling; without a sibling of the same gender.
- Without others or anything further; exclusively.
- No more than; just.
- As recently as.
- Above all others; particularly.
- Under the condition that; but.
- But; except.
- An only child.
- A banded variety of chalcedony, a cryptocrystalline form of quartz.
- A jet-black color, named after the gemstone.
- A cryptid, said to be a feline similar to a cougar.
- not closed; accessible; unimpeded
- Not drawn together, closed, or contracted; extended; expanded.
- Actively conducting or prepared to conduct business.
- Candid, ingenuous, not subtle in character.
- Having a free variable.
- Which is part of a predefined collection of subsets of <math>X</math>, that defines a topological space on <math>X</math>.
- Whose first and last vertices are different.
- In current use; mapped to part of memory.
- Not fulfilled.
- Not settled or adjusted; not decided or determined; not closed or withdrawn from consideration.
- Without any fingers pressing the string against the fingerboard.
- Not of a quality to prevent communication, as by closing waterways, blocking roads, etc.; hence, not frosty or inclement; mild; used of the weather or the climate.
- Uttered with a relatively wide opening of the articulating organs; said of vowels.
- Uttered, as a consonant, with the oral passage simply narrowed without closure.
- That ends in a vowel; not having a coda.
- Made public, usable with a free licence.
- Resulting from an incision, puncture or any other process by which the skin no longer protects an internal part of the body.
- To make something accessible or remove an obstacle to its being accessible.
- To bring up (a topic).
- To make accessible to customers or clients.
- To start (a campaign).
- To become open.
- To begin conducting business.
- To enter upon; to begin.
- To begin a side's innings as one of the first two batsmen.
- To bet before any other player has in a particular betting round in a game of poker.
- To reveal one's hand.
- To load into memory for viewing or editing.
- To spread; to expand into an open or loose position.
- To disclose; to reveal; to interpret; to explain.
- A sports event in which anybody can compete; as, the Australian Open.
- a wire that is broken midway.
- (with the) Open or unobstructed space; an exposed location.
- (with the) Public knowledge or scrutiny; full view.
- name of origin, possibly derived from Eugene, cognate to Gaelic Eòghan.
- derived from the given name.
- from the Gaelic Mac Eoghain.
- A town in South Australia
- A town in Baden-Württemberg, Germany
- A town in Indiana
- A city in Wisconsin
- A city of Peru, in the southwest of the country by Lake Titicaca
- A fillet; a headband; a snood.
- To kiss passionately.
- A passionate kiss.
- A city/town in Idaho.
- A heavy wine-drinker, possibly an alcoholic.
- An indigent alcoholic, especially a homeless alcoholic (often consuming cheap alcohol).
- A chronic or heavy drinker; a drunk or drunkard (usually indigent).
- A hypothetical particle that is the superpartner of the W boson.
- A dwelling.
- To live, reside, stay.
- A house, home, habitation.
- custom, habit, practice
- use, usage
- An overly studious person, particularly student; a nerd.
- A policy wonk or other intellectual expert.
- damaged and shabby as a result of much use
- further; more distant
- Furious; mad; angry; fierce.
- The female sexual organs, or a symbol of them, especially as an object of veneration within certain types of Hinduism, Buddhism, and other cultures.
- The tenth judge of Israel.
- born, begotten, created, developed
- The fruit of the oak, being an oval nut growing in a woody cup or cupule.
- A cone-shaped piece of wood on the point of the spindle above the vane, on the mast-head.
- See acorn-shell.
- A testicle.
- To make more beautiful and attractive; to decorate.
- Down, downward; to or in a lower place.
- Violent contest or striving.
- Pain so extreme as to cause writhing or contortions of the body, similar to those made in the athletic contests in Greece; and hence, extreme pain of mind or body; anguish; paroxysm of grief; specifically, the sufferings of Christ in the garden of Gethsemane.
- Paroxysm of joy; keen emotion.
- The last struggle of life; death struggle.
- The name of many places in the United States of America:
- a town in Alabama.
- a statutory town in Colorado
- a town in Henry Township, Indiana.
- a small city in Iowa.
- an unincorporated community in Kansas.
- a village in Michigan.
- an unincorporated community in Missouri.
- an unincorporated community in Nebraska.
- a village in New York.
- a large city in Ohio
- a borough in Pennsylvania.
- an unincorporated community in West Virginia.
- A glycoside derivative of anthracene, found in aloe, that is used as a laxative.
- By oneself, solitary.
- Apart from, or exclusive of, others.
- Considered separately.
- Without equal.
- Unique; rare; matchless.
- By oneself; apart from, or exclusive of, others; solo.
- Without outside help.
- By the length of; in a line with the length of; lengthwise next to.
- In a line with, with a progressive motion on; onward on; forward on.
- In company; together.
- Onward, forward, with progressive action.
- An ancient people of Israel.
- A city in Idaho.
- Denotes a mingling or intermixing with distinct or separable objects. (See Usage Note at amidst)
- Denotes a belonging of a person or a thing to a group.
- Denotes a sharing of a common feature in a group.
- The personification of death in Breton mythology.
- To disturb or irritate, especially by continued or repeated acts; to bother with unpleasant deeds.
- To do something to upset or anger someone; to be troublesome.
- To molest; to harm; to injure.
- A feeling of discomfort or vexation caused by what one dislikes.
- That which causes such a feeling.
- A comarca in central Catalonia
- an unincorporated community in Indiana, USA.
- a city in Minnesota, USA
- a tiny village in Nebraska, USA.
- Any of the Anolis genus of arboreal American lizards (such as the American chameleon) from the iguana family which feature a brightly colored dewlap and color-changing ability.
- meaning "son of Agnes".
- name transferred from the surname.
- The Avro Anson
- a city in Texas, USA
- An article of clothing worn over the front of the torso and/or legs for protection from spills.
- A hard surface bordering a structure or area.
- The paved area of an airport, especially the area where aircraft park away from a terminal
- The spreading end of a driveway.
- The paved area below the yellow line on a race track.
- The loading, parking or roadway area immediately beside a railway station
- The portion of a stage extending towards the audience beyond the proscenium arch in a theatre.
- A large decal toward the bottom of a pinball table.
- The sides of a tree’s canopy.
- The cap of a cannon; a piece of lead laid over the vent to keep the priming dry.
- A removable cover for the passangers' feet and legs in an open horse carriage.
- The capital city of the Walloon province of Luxembourg, Belgium.
- name, a less common spelling of Aaron.
- A cavity, in the form of a bag or tube, lined with choanocytes, that forms the structure of sponges
- Lack of muscle tone; flaccidity or atonia
- name transferred from the surname.
- A regenerated protein fiber; textile fiber derived from a protein such as casein (milk) or zein (maize).
- A textile made of these fibers.
- A beanfeast; any noisy celebration, a party.
- Any home-made gas or indigestion remedy.
- A pale yellowish (golden brown) color, especially said of hair color.
- A person with this hair color.
- Of a bleached or pale golden (light yellowish) colour.
- Having blond hair.
- To color or dye blond
- distended, swollen or inflated
- panting and out of breath
- Formed by blowing
- Under the influence of drugs, especially marijuana.
- stale; worthless
- Covered with the eggs and larvae of flies; flyblown.
- Given a hot rod blower
- The sound made by an elastic object (such as a spring) when bouncing; the sound of a bounce.
- To make a boing sound or bouncing motion.
- the human head
- A boys' game played with large marbles.
- The kind of marble used in this game.
- imprisonment, captivity
- the condition of goods in a bonded warehouse until duty is paid
- Having some specific type of bone.
- Of computer-generated animations: based on models with simulated bones or joints.
- Beset with unfortunate circumstances that seem difficult or impossible to overcome; in imminent danger.
- A city in Iowa, USA, and the county seat of Boone County.
- A town in North Carolina
- A native of New Guinea.
- An Australian aboriginal.
- An independent kingdom, descended from the that covered much of modern Chad and parts of Libya, Niger, Nigeria and Cameroon.
- A river in Ireland.
- A borough of New York City.
- A cocktail containing gin, vermouth and orange juice.
- name, a nonstandard spelling of Brian.
- A swindle or confidence trick.
- A parlour game played in teams with three dice, originating in England but popular among suburban women in the United States at the beginning of the 21st century.
- To swindle (someone).
- George Gordon (Noel) Byron, 6th Baron Byron (January 22, 1788–April 19, 1824), a famous English poet and leading figure in romanticism.
- name transferred from the surname, of mostly American usage.
- A in California.
- A city in Georgia in the United States.
- A city in Illinois.
- an unincorporated community in Kankakee Township, LaPorte County, Indiana, USA
- an unincorporated community in Howard Township, Parke County, Indiana, USA
- A town in Maine.
- A village in Michigan.
- A city in Minnesota.
- A village in Nebraska.
- A town in New York.
- A town in Oklahoma.
- One of two towns in Wisconsin.
- A town in Wyoming.
- The abrupt sound of two hard objects coming into contact.
- A stick-like tool used to strike the surface of the water and produce a sound that causes nearby fish to attack the bait.
- To make such a sound.
- Any of several perennial rhizomatous grasses of genus Imperata, especially
- A projecting corner or angle; a cornerstone.
- The keystone of an arch.
- A wedge used in typesetting.
- Shaped like a cone or funnel; conic.
- A marine gastropod of the family Strombidae which lives in its own spiral shell.
- The shell of this sea animal.
- A musical instrument made from a large spiral seashell.
- A machine (rather like a rotating pestle and mortar) used to develop the flavour and texture of chocolate by warming and grinding; a concher or concher machine.
- To refine the flavour and texture of chocolate by warming and grinding, either in a traditional concher, or between rollers.
- To play a conch seashell as a musical instrument, by blowing through a hole made close to the origin of the spiral.
- segregated or delineated by traffic cones
- a tall, narrow, single-headed Cuban hand drum of African origin
- a march of Cuban origin in four-four time in which people form a chain, each holding the hips of the person in front of them; in each bar, dancers take three shuffle steps and then kick alternate legs outwards at the beat; the chain weaves around the place and allows new participants to join the back of the chain
- To dance the conga.
- A conic section.
- a lover in pastoral poetry with Phillida
- A horn, or anything shaped like or resembling a horn.
- To recite numbers in sequence.
- To determine the number (of objects in a group).
- To be of significance; to matter.
- To be an example of something:
- To consider something an example of something.
- To take account or note (of).
- To plead orally; to argue a matter in court; to recite a count.
- The act of counting or tallying a quantity.
- The result of a tally that reveals the number of items in a set; a quantity counted.
- A countdown.
- A charge of misconduct brought in a legal proceeding.
- The number of balls and strikes, respectively, on a batter's in-progress plate appearance.
- An object of interest or account; value; estimation.
- The male ruler of a county.
- A nobleman holding a rank intermediate between dukes and barons.
- A formal group or assembly of witches.
- A clique that shares common interests or activities.
- To cheat; to defraud; to beguile; to deceive, usually by small arts, or in a pitiful way.
- King of Thebes, noted primarily in the stories of Antigone and Oedipus.
- Close friend.
- Trusted companion or partner in a criminal organization.
- An old woman; a crone.
- To hum or sing softly or in a sentimental manner.
- To soothe by singing softly.
- To make a continuous hollow moan, as cattle do when in pain.
- A soft or sentimental hum or song.
- A handcrafted sailboat with a motor or lateen sails, resembling a dhow, that is used in the Maldives.
- a city in Illinois, USA
- a small home-rule class city in Kentucky, USA
- that originated in Ireland.
- A canelike grass of southern Europe ( used for fishing rods, etc.
- Someone who receives a gift from a donor.
- A diminutive of the male given names Donald, Don and Donovan.
- Having down, covered with a soft fuzzy coating as of small feathers or hair.
- A blanket filled with down; a duvet.
- A set of twelve.
- A large, unspecified number of, comfortably estimated in small multiples of twelve, thus generally implied to be significantly more than ten or twelve, but less than perhaps one or two hundred; many.
- An old English measure of ore containing 12 hundredweight.
- The royal guru to Kauravas and Pandavas in Mahabharata.
- An utterance of the word dunno.
- A surname of British origin.
- A town in Colorado
- One of two villages in England
- A town in Indiana
- A town in New Hampshire
- A town in New York
- A city in Ohio, and the county seat of Preble County.
- One of three towns in Wisconsin
- To lengthen out; to prolong.
- To put away; to separate; to keep off.
- One of a few villages in England
- A town in Louisiana
- A rural municipality in Manitoba, Canada
- To provide with a dower
- To provide with money or other benefits, as a permanent fund for support
- To enrich or furnish with something as a gift, quality or faculty
- To be furnished with something naturally.
- To receive pleasure or satisfaction from something
- To have the use or benefit of something.
- To be satisfied or receive pleasure.
- To have sexual intercourse with.
- To clear of knots; to make clear.
- Any ketone having a neighbouring double bond
- A short stanza at the end of a poem, used either to address a person or to comment on the preceding body of the poem.
- a diplomatic agent of the second rank, next in status after an ambassador.
- a diplomat.
- a messenger.
- a short stanza at the end of a poem.
- Work, measured in terms of the quantity of heat to which it is equivalent.
- A task or function of a creature.
- A brand of petroleum fuel.
- A former petrochemical company, now part of ExxonMobil.
- Mud from the thermal springs at Battaglia in Italy, used to treat certain medical complaints such as gout and rheumatism.
- A mould, especially one made from papier-mâché, used to create a stereotype.
- In printing, the graded shift from one color into another.
- something from which water flows
- a device from which poultry may drink
- that from which something flows or proceeds
- A typographic font.
- A facial expression in which the eyebrows are brought together, and the forehead is wrinkled, usually indicating displeasure, sadness or worry, or less often confusion or concentration.
- A facial expression in which the corners of the mouth are pointed down.
- To have a frown on one's face.
- To manifest displeasure or disapprobation; to look with disfavour or threateningly.
- To repress or repel by expressing displeasure or disapproval; to rebuke with a look.
- To communicate by frowning.
- A fielding practice drill where a person hits fly balls intended to be caught.
- A fungo bat.
- A churl; a curmudgeon; boor; lout.
- A sex organ that produces gametes; specifically, a testicle or ovary.
- The testicles.
- Someone (or something) doomed; a hopeless case.
Possible word length