Page 1 from 13
Total results: 13248
- from Japanese.
- of (in Hong Kong)
- A Finnish Moon god.
- A cross shaped like a T with a loop at the top, the Egyptian hieroglyph representing the Egyptian triliteral and often used as an amulet or charm for this concept.
- A tau cross.
- An afro-centric symbol of spiritualism, esp. as it relates to Kemetic spiritualism.
- The shelf- or bracket-shaped fruiting body of a bracket fungus (also called a shelf fungus), i.e. a mushroom growing off a tree trunk.
- A nose, especially a large one.
- To hit, especially on the head.
- A hairstyle involving the chemical straightening and styling of kinky hair.
- To chemically straighten tightly curled hair.
- A sub-genre of scouse house music containing distinctive percussion sounds.
- To hit.
- A car's engine.
- A fool.
- A poor player who makes mistakes.
- To provide a second person with a lift on a bicycle (formerly, on a horse), seating the passenger either in front (on the handlebar) or behind (sharing the seat); to travel as a passenger in such manner.
- A god in Sumerian mythology, later known as Ea in Akkadian and Babylonian mythology.
- A city in the province of Limburg, Belgium
- A foolish or contemptible man.
- a fellow; person.
- A small furry toy like an ersatz teddy bear, popularized in wartime when production of real teddies stops.
- A stupid, ignorant, and/or boorish person.
- A sleep; a nap.
- A prostitute's client.
- To sleep.
- To lie; to tell an untruth
- dirt or grime; any vague or unknown substance
- A subculture of 21st century American males, combining elements of modern gothic culture with punk rock.
- A member of the gunk subculture.
- To soil or make dirty
- A large or dense piece of something.
- A sexually attractive boy or man, especially one who is muscular.
- A record of differences between almost contiguous portions of two files (or other sources of information). Differences that are widely separated by areas which are identical in both files would not be part of a single hunk. Differences that are separated by small regions which are identical in both files may comprise a single hunk. Patches are made up of hunks.
- A honyock.
- of the colour of ink, especially black ink; dark.
- spattered or stained with ink
- Problematic blocking of a software application's user interface due to slow operations or poor interface design.
- A quick evasive turn.
- To make a quick evasive turn.
- To cause a vehicle to make a quick evasive turn.
- In the games of spoilfive and forty-five, to win the game by taking all five tricks; also, to attempt to win all five tricks, losing what has been already won if unsuccessful.
- Often with a prepositional phrase, or with and an infinitive: showing a quick and ardent responsiveness or willingness; eager, enthusiastic, interested.
- Fierce, intense, vehement.
- Having a fine edge or point; sharp.
- Acute of mind, having or expressing mental acuteness; penetrating, sharp.
- Acrimonious, bitter, piercing.
- Of cold, wind, etc.: cutting, penetrating, piercing, sharp.
- Extremely low as to be competitive.
- Brave, courageous; audacious, bold.
- To make cold, to sharpen.
- A prolonged wail for a deceased person.
- To utter a keen.
- To utter with a loud wailing voice or wordless cry.
- To mourn.
- A gambling game, a variety of the game of lotto, played with balls or knobs, numbered, and cards also numbered.
- An oven or furnace or a heated chamber, for the purpose of hardening, burning, calcining or drying anything; for example, firing ceramics, curing or preserving tobacco, or drying grain.
- To bake in a kiln.
- To laugh loudly.
- To gasp for breath as in a severe fit of coughing.
- A convulsive fit of coughing or laughter; a sonorous indraft of breath; a whoop; a gasp of breath caused by laughing, coughing, or crying.
- A tight curl, twist, or bend in a length of thin material, hair etc.
- A difficulty or flaw that is likely to impede operation, as in a plan or system.
- An unreasonable notion; a crotchet; a whim; a caprice.
- Peculiarity or deviation in sexual behaviour or taste.
- A positive 1-soliton solution to the Sine–Gordon equation
- To form a kink or twist.
- To be formed into a kink or twist.
- A short spur or stiff projection from the trunk or branch of a tree, such as the stunted dead branch of a fir
- A peg or hook for hanging something on
- One of the points of a stag's horn or a tine
- A knot in a piece of wood or the base of a branch
- A pointed rock or crag
- A small cask or barrel; a keg or noggin
- The woodpecker
- To hang something on a peg
- To kill (a player character) who ganked you
- To shape a vitreous mineral (flint, obsidian, chert etc.) by breaking away flakes, often forming a sharp edge or point.
- To rap or strike sharply.
- To bite; to bite off; to break short.
- To make a sound of snapping.
- A sharp blow or slap.
- A protuberance; a swelling; a knob.
- The crest of a hill
- A small hill
- To turn thread or yarn into a piece of fabric by forming loops that are pulled through each other. This can be done by hand with needles or by machine.
- To join closely and firmly together.
- To become closely and firmly joined; become compacted.
- To grow together.
- To combine from various elements.
- Of bones: to heal following a fracture.
- To form into a knot, or into knots; to tie together, as cord; to fasten by tying.
- To draw together; to contract into wrinkles.
- A knitted garment.
- A rounded protuberance, handle, or control switch.
- A prominent rounded hill.
- A rounded ornament on the hilt of an edged weapon; a pommel.
- A prominent, rounded bump along a mountain ridge.
- (plural) Breasts.
- A penis.
- A contemptible person.
- A dollop, an amount just larger than a spoonful (usually referring to butter)
- A chunky branch-like piece, especially of a ginger rhizome.
- To have sex with.
- To perceive the truth or factuality of; to be certain of or that.
- To be aware of; to be cognizant of.
- To be acquainted or familiar with; to have encountered.
- To experience.
- To distinguish, to discern, particularly by contrast or comparison; to recognize the nature of.
- To recognize as the same (as someone or something previously encountered) after an absence or change.
- To understand or have a grasp of through experience or study.
- To have sexual relations with.
- To have knowledge; to have information, be informed.
- To be or become aware or cognizant.
- To be acquainted (with another person).
- To be able to play or perform (a song or other piece of music).
- Knowledge; the state of knowing.
- a Scottish surname
- a male given name derived from the surname
- A knurl.
- The small wooden ball in the game of trap ball, or knurr and spell.
- A fool; an idiot; a lunkhead.
- Either of two thorny shrublike trees, of the genus Ziziphus, from North Africa and the Middle East; is supposed to be the plant from which Christ's crown of thorns was made.
- The edible berry of
- to make naked, bare, expose
- A police spy or informer.
- An unpleasant person, especially one who makes things difficult for others; a spoilsport.
- To watch; to observe.
- To serve or behave as a spy or informer.
- To annoy or irritate.
- To complain.
- To stop.
- The part of body connecting the head and the trunk found in humans and some animals.
- The corresponding part in some other anatomical contexts.
- The part of a shirt, dress etc., which fits a person's neck.
- The tapered part of a bottle toward the opening.
- The slender tubelike extension atop an archegonium, through which the sperm swim to reach the egg.
- The extension of any stringed instrument on which a fingerboard is mounted
- A long narrow tract of land projecting from the main body, or a narrow tract connecting two larger tracts.
- A reduction in size near the end of an object, formed by a groove around it.
- The constriction between the root and crown of a tooth.
- The gorgerin of a capital.
- The small part of a gun between the chase and the swell of the muzzle.
- To hang by the neck; strangle; kill, eliminate
- To make love; to snog; to intently kiss or cuddle; to canoodle.
- To drink rapidly.
- To decrease in diameter.
- A corner; a nook. A fairy fiddler frae the neuk, [nook] - "Robert Burns", by William Allan Neilson (1917)
- A bend (e.g. in a coast) …the fleet, after exploring the harbours, had doubled the East Neuk, passed safely through St Andrews Bay, and entered the Firth of Tay. --Chronicles of Strathearn (1896) - Rev. John Hunter.
- НКВД (Naródnyi Komissariát Vnútrennikh Del) — the People’s Commissariat for Internal Affairs — the Soviet secret police, forerunner of the KGB
- A small corner formed by two walls; an alcove.
- A hidden or secluded spot.
- An English unit of land area, originally ¼ of a yardland but later 12½ or 20 acres.
- The sound made by a pig, or an imitation thereof.
- Of a pig or in imitation thereof, to make its characteristic sound.
- The outer protective layer of the body of any animal, including of a human.
- The outer protective layer of the fruit of a plant.
- The skin and fur of an individual animal used by humans for clothing, upholstery, etc.
- A congealed layer on the surface of a liquid.
- A set of resources that modifies the appearance and/or layout of the graphical user interface of a computer program.
- Rolling paper for cigarettes.
- A subgroup of Australian aboriginal people; such divisions are cultural and not related to an individual′s physical skin. 1994, Macquarie Aboriginal Words, Macquarie University, paperback Introduction.
- An alternate appearance (texture map or geometry) for a 3D character model in a video game.
- Bare flesh, particularly bare breasts.
- A vessel made of skin, used for holding liquids.
- That part of a sail, when furled, which remains on the outside and covers the whole.
- The covering, as of planking or iron plates, outside the framing, forming the sides and bottom of a vessel; the shell; also, a lining inside the framing.
- To injure the skin of.
- To remove the skin and/or fur of an animal or a human.
- To high five.
- To apply a skin to (a computer program).
- To use tricks to go past a defender.
- To become covered with skin.
- To cover with skin, or as if with skin; hence, to cover superficially.
- To produce, in recitation, examination, etc., the work of another for one's own, or to use cribs, memoranda, etc., which are prohibited.
- To strip of money or property; to cheat.
- To emit a high-pitched sharp or metallic noise.
- A sharp, quick sound; a tinkle.
- To unknit.
- A member of the travelling community. A gypsy.
- To masturbate.
- To masturbate; to give a hand job to.
- To engage in wank.
- An act of masturbation.
- An undesirable person
- Nonsense, rubbish.
- Ridiculous, circular or inappropriately elaborate argument about something, especially if obnoxious, pretentious or unsubstantial.
- An overly studious person, particularly student; a nerd.
- A policy wonk or other intellectual expert.
- The name of many places in the United States of America:
- a town in Alabama.
- a statutory town in Colorado
- a town in Henry Township, Indiana.
- a small city in Iowa.
- an unincorporated community in Kansas.
- a village in Michigan.
- an unincorporated community in Missouri.
- an unincorporated community in Nebraska.
- a village in New York.
- a large city in Ohio
- a borough in Pennsylvania.
- an unincorporated community in West Virginia.
- The skeletal joint which connects the foot with the leg; the uppermost portion of the foot and lowermost portion of the leg, which contain this skeletal joint.
- To walk.
- To cyclically angle the foot at the ankle while pedaling, to maximize the amount of work applied to the pedal during each revolution.
- The personification of death in Breton mythology.
- The hooked goad that is used in India to control elephants.
- an unincorporated community in Indiana, USA.
- a city in Minnesota, USA
- a tiny village in Nebraska, USA.
- To blink.
- To shine
- To look.
- To close and reopen both eyes quickly.
- To close and reopen one's eyes to remove (something) from on or around the eyes.
- To wink; to twinkle with, or as with, the eye.
- To see with the eyes half shut, or indistinctly and with frequent winking, as a person with weak eyes.
- To shine, especially with intermittent light; to twinkle; to flicker; to glimmer, as a lamp.
- To flash on and off at regular intervals.
- To flash headlights on a car at.
- To send a signal with a lighting device.
- To perform the smallest action that could solicit a response.
- To shut out of sight; to evade; to shirk.
- To trick; to deceive.
- To turn slightly sour, or blinky, as beer, milk, etc.
- To teleport, mostly for short distances
- The act of very quickly closing both eyes and opening them again.
- The time needed to close and reopen one's eyes.
- A text formatting feature that causes text to disappear and reappear as a form of visual emphasis.
- A glimpse or glance.
- gleam; glimmer; sparkle
- The dazzling whiteness about the horizon caused by the reflection of light from fields of ice at sea; iceblink
- Boughs cast where deer are to pass, in order to turn or check them.
- An ability that allows teleporting, mostly for short distances
- A metal bridle formerly used as a torture device to hold the head of a scold and restrain the tongue
- A sort of bridle with wooden side pieces.
- To put someone in the branks
- To hold up and toss the head; applied to horses as spurning the bit.
- To prance; to caper.
- The edge, margin, or border of a steep place, as of a precipice; a bank or edge,
- The edge or border
- The large spiral shell of several species of sea conch, much used in making bangles, especially
- To eat noisily; to champ or chomp
- A part of something that has been separated.
- A representative portion of a substance, often large and irregular.
- A discrete segment of a file, stream, etc. (especially one that represents audiovisual media); a block.
- A segment of a comedian's performance
- To break into large pieces or chunks.
- To break down (language, etc.) into conceptual chunks of manageable size.
- To throw.
- A loud, hard sound of metal hitting metal.
- To make a clanking sound
- To cause to sound with a clank.
- The abrupt sound of two hard objects coming into contact.
- A stick-like tool used to strike the surface of the water and produce a sound that causes nearby fish to attack the bait.
- To make such a sound.
- a dull, metallic sound, especially one made by two bodies coming into contact
- to make such a sound
- Tiny and cute; small and attractive.
- Tiny and insignificant; small and undesirable.
- The act or process of adding.
- That which is added.
- A supplementary piece of timber used to lengthen another.
- To place in the sky.
- To exalt.
- The refuse whale blubber, used as a manure, and in the manufacture of Prussian blue.
- Offbeat, unconventional or eccentric.
- Not quite right; of questionable quality; not appropriate to the context.
- Cool; great; excellent.
- Having or relating to the smell of funk.
- Relating to or reminiscent of various genres of African American music, especially funk.
- Relating to, or characterized by, great fear, or funking.
- greasy, messy or dirty.
- A hypothetical grouping of a dozen small language families spoken in California, Arizona, and Mexico.
- A Caucasian person.
- A factory hand or general unskilled worker.
- A crotchety or surly person; also, a stingy man, a miser.
- Exhibiting strong, masculine beauty.
- Shaped like a hunk, or piece; chunky.
- All right; in good condition.
- even; square; on equal footing with
- A person of Hungarian or Slavic, especially Ruthenian, descent.
- Having a tattoo or tattoos.
- A person or device that applies ink.
- In comic book production, a person who fills in material outlined by the comic book author.
- A tattoo artist.
- To hint at; disclose.
- To have a hint or inkling of; divine.
- Narrow linen tape, used for trimmings or to make shoelaces
- fascinated with objects, events, or experiences which seem ordinary to others.
- Resembling or characteristic of junk; cheap, worthless, or of low quality.
- ideal perfect beauty in the physical and moral sense, especially as perceived by Greek philosophers
- A city in Utah, USA, and county seat of Kane County.
- A white or cream-coloured robe worn by men in the African Great Lakes region.
- Hibiscus cannabinus, an annual or biennial herbaceous plant found mainly in Asia.
- The fibre obtained from this plant, similar to jute.
- a city, peninsula and river in Alaska
- A bin or enclosure in which fish or skins are salted.
- A type of fabric made of interwoven cloth strips, native to Ghana.
- name, a rare spelling variant of Kevin.
- Any member of an aboriginal hunter-gatherer tribe of India, inhabiting the tributary states of Orissa and Srikakulam.
- A large wild ass, native to the Tibetan Plateau.
- Full of kinks; liable to kink or curl.
- Queer; eccentric; crotchety.
- Marked by unconventional sexual preferences or behavior, as fetishism, sadomasochism, and other sexual practices.
- A hybrid mandarin citrus fruit from two citrus cultivars, 'King' and 'Willow Leaf' of Citrus reticulata (syn. grown extensively in the Punjab region.
- name used by Hindus.
- name used by Hindus and Sikhs.
- in its various senses.
- A knot or burl in a tree.
- A boy; especially, a boy servant.
- Any male servant; a menial.
- A tricky, deceitful fellow; a dishonest person; a rogue; a villain.
- A playing card marked with the figure of a servant or soldier; a jack.
- To work and press into a mass, usually with the hands; especially, to work, as by repeated pressure with the knuckles, into a well mixed mass, the materials of bread, cake, etc.
- To treat or form as if by kneading; to beat.
- To make an alternating pressing motion with the two front paws.
- To mix thoroughly; form into a homogeneous compound.
- Having some specific type of knee or knees.
- To stoop down and rest on the knee or knees.
- A utensil or a tool designed for cutting, consisting of a flat piece of hard material, usually steel or other metal (the blade), usually sharpened on one edge, attached to a handle. The blade may be pointed for piercing.
- A weapon designed with the aforementioned specifications intended for slashing and/or stabbing and too short to be called a sword. A dagger.
- Any blade-like part in a tool or a machine designed for cutting, such as that of a chipper.
- To cut with a knife.
- To use a knife to injure or kill by stabbing, slashing, or otherwise using the sharp edge of the knife as a weapon.
- To cut through as if with a knife.
- To betray, especially in the context of a political slate.
- To positively ignore, especially in order to denigrate. compare cut
- An Eastern European Jewish, or Yiddish, snack food consisting of a dumpling covered with a shell of baked or fried dough
- Small particles of ore.
- An abrupt rapping sound, as from an impact of a hard object against wood
- An impact.
- a batsman's innings.
- Preignition, a type of abnormal combustion occurring in spark ignition engines caused by self-ignition or the characteristic knocking sound associated with it.
- To rap one's knuckles against something, especially wood.
- To strike for admittance; to rap upon, as a door.
- To bump or impact.
- To denigrate, undervalue.
- To pass, kick a ball towards another player.
- To impress strongly or forcibly; to astonish; to move to admiration or applause.
- A leather scourge (multi-tail whip), in the severe version known as 'great knout' with metal weights on each tongue, notoriously used in imperial Russia.
- To flog or beat with a knout.
- A small hill. Alternate form of knoll, common in Scotland and Ulster; also known in England.
- Identified as a specific type; renowned, famous.
- Researched, accepted, familiar.
- A variable or constant whose value is already determined.
- Any fact or situation which is known or familiar.
- All persons, singular and plural, present form of know.
- A contorted knot in wood.
- A crossgrained protuberance; a nodule; a boss or projection.
- A lined or crossgrained pattern of ridges or indentations rolled or pressed into a part for grip.
- To roll or press a pattern of ridges or indentations into a part for grip.
- A small gazelle native to West Africa, Eudorcas rufifrons.
- The carcass of a whale after the blubber has been removed.
- Tall, slim, and rather ungraceful or awkward.
- To compare; to state that (something) is like (something else).
- A Chinese provincial tax levied at many inland stations upon imports or articles in transit.
- Of or pertaining to hyperlinks.
- Unpleasantly dirty and disgusting.
- An orange citrus fruit Citrus unshiu, originating from Japan, about the size of a tangerine.
- A minke whale, one of two species of baleen whales within Balaenoptera, the northern-dwelling species of which is often seen in coastal waters.
- Not wearing any clothes.
- Lacking some clothing; clothed only in underwear.
- Glib, without decoration, put bluntly.
- Characterized by the nakedness of the people concerned or to whom the described noun is attributed.
- Unaided, unaccompanied.
- Unprotected, uncovered; without a condom.
- Resourceless, poor, lacking means.
- Lacking or devoid of something.
- Blank, clean, empty.
- Barren, having no foliage, unvegetated.
- Uncomfortable or vulnerable, as if missing something important.
- Without any additives, or without some component that would usually be included.
- Of a singularity, not hidden within an event horizon and thus observable from other parts of spacetime.
- A small drum, of Arabic origin, and the forebear of the European kettledrum.
- A city/village in Kansas, US.
- Irritated, in a bad mood; disparaging.
- name and Nicole.
- a palm tree of New Zealand.
- Like a nook; small and secluded or cosy.
- A city in Uzbekistan, the capital of Karakalpakstan.
- A star, σ Sagittarii.
- Made from the wood of the oak tree. Also in metaphorical uses, suggesting robustness.
- A socialist who is not wholly communist.
- Methylated spirits mixed with red wine or Condy's crystals.
- A baby mouse, especially when used as food for a snake, etc.
- A white person.
- The smallest finger or toe of a hand or foot.
- A city in Belarus.
- A long, broad and thick piece of timber, as opposed to a board which is less thick.
- A political issue that is of concern to a faction or a party of the people and the political position that is taken on that issue.
- Physical exercise in which one holds a pushup position for a measured length of time.
- A stupid person, idiot.
- That which supports or upholds.
- To cover something with planking.
- To bake (fish, etc.) on a piece of cedar lumber.
- To lay down, as on a plank or table; to stake or pay cash.
- To harden, as hat bodies, by felting.
- To splice together the ends of slivers of wool, for subsequent drawing.
- To pose for a photograph while lying rigid, face down, arms at side, in an unusual place.
- A short, high-pitched metallic or percussive sound.
- To make a plink sound.
- To play a song or a portion of a song, usually on a percussion instrument such as a piano.
- The sound of something solid landing.
- To set or toss (something) down carelessly.
- To automatically ignore a particular poster; to killfile.
- Precisely and forcefully.
- Cheap or inferior everyday wine.
- A female police constable.
- An evil deed; a malicious trick, an act of cruel deception.
- A practical joke or mischievous trick.
- To adorn in a showy manner; to dress or equip ostentatiously.
- To make ostentatious show.
- To perform a practical joke on; to trick.
- To call someone's phone and promptly hang up
- Full of gambols or tricks.
- to give a wink; to wink.
- the act of adjusting dress or appearance; a sprucing up
- to look, gaze
- to dress finely, primp, preen, spruce up
- to strut, put on pompous airs, be pretentious
- Of or pertaining to punk (touchwood) - soft or rotted.
- Of or pertaining to the punk subculture.
- A hypothetical fundamental particle; a preon.
- The part of the leg between the knee and the ankle.
- Meat from that part of an animal.
- A redshank or greenshank, various species of Old World wading birds in the genus Tringa having distinctly colored legs.
- A straight, narrow part of an object, such as a key or an anchor; shaft; stem.
- The handle of a pair of shears, connecting the ride to the neck.
- The center part of a fishhook between the eye and the hook, the 'hook' being the curved part that bends toward the point.
- A protruding part of an object, by which it is or can be attached.
- The metal part on a curb bit that falls below the mouthpiece, which length controls the severity of the leverage action of the bit, and to which the reins of the bridle are attached.
- A poorly played golf shot in which the ball is struck by the part of the club head that connects to the shaft.
- An improvised stabbing weapon; a shiv.
- A loop forming an eye to a button.
- The space between two channels of the Doric triglyph.
- A large ladle for molten metal, fitted with long bars for handling it.
- The body of a type; between the shoulder and the foot.
- The part of the sole beneath the instep connecting the broader front part with the heel.
- Flat-nosed pliers, used by opticians for nipping off the edges of pieces of glass to make them round.
- The end or remainder, particularly of a period of time.
- The main part or beginning of a period of time.
- To travel on foot.
- To stab, especially with an improvised blade.
- To remove another's trousers, especially in jest; to depants.
- To hit or kick the ball in an unintended direction.
- To fall off, as a leaf, flower, or capsule, on account of disease affecting the supporting footstalk; usually followed by
- A double-edged, leaf-shaped, typically bronze dagger formerly used in Ireland and Scotland
- A quantity of yarn, thread, or the like, put up together, after it is taken from the reel. A skein of cotton yarn is formed by eighty turns of the thread around a fifty-four inch reel.
- A web, a weave, a tangle.
- The membrane of a fish ovary.
- A metallic strengthening band or thimble on the wooden arm of an axle.
- A group of wild fowl, (e.g. geese, goslings) when they are in flight.
- A winning streak.
- To wind or weave into a skein.
- A shin of beef.
- A lizard of the Scincidae family, having small or reduced limbs or none at all and long tails that are regenerated when shed.
- to serve (a drink)
- To give as a present.
- Penniless, poor, impecunious, broke.
- An animal, especially a calf, born prematurely or abortively.
- Resembling or relating to snakes.
- Windy; winding; twisty; sinuous, wavy.
- sly; cunning; deceitful.
- Covered with serpents; having serpents.
- One who sneaks; one who moves stealthily to acquire an item or information.
- A cheat; a con artist; a trickster
- An informer; a tell-tale.
- A ball bowled so as to roll along the ground; a daisy-cutter
- A sneaker; a tennis shoe.
- To creep or go stealthily; to come or go while trying to avoid detection, as a person who does not wish to be seen.
- To take something stealthily without permission.
- To hide, especially in a mean or cowardly manner.
- (informal, especially with on) To inform an authority about another's misdemeanours; to tell tales; to grass.
- In advance; before release to the general public.
- In a stealthy or surreptitious manner.
- A latch or catch.
- The nose.
- A cut.
- To latch, to lock.
- To cut.
- To cut or snip
- to hit the ball with the edge of the bat, causing a slight deflection
- a small deflection of the ball off the side of the bat; often carries to the wicketkeeper for a catch
- A small cut or mark.
- A knot or irregularity in yarn.
- to make something click, to make a clicking noise
- a sharp clicking sound
- An edible fish, native to South African (Cape), South American and Australian waters, often smoked or salted.
- The queen mackerel,
- Any of several species of barracuda.
- A freshwater and marine fish of the family Centropomidae in the order Perciformes, especially
- the common snook.
- Any of various other fishes. See
- To fish for snook.
- A disrespectful gesture, performed by placing the tip of a thumb on one's nose with the fingers spread, and typically while wiggling the fingers back and forth.
- To sniff out.
- To lurk; to lie in ambush.
- To beat, smack or slap a person's buttocks, with the bare hand or other object, as punishment, gesture, or form of sexual interaction.
- To soundly defeat, to trounce.
- To move rapidly.
- An instance of spanking, separately or part of a multiple blows-beating; a smack, swat, or slap.
- A slapping sound, as produced by spanking.
- A spark.
- Touchwood; tinder.
- A piece of tinder, sometimes impregnated with sulphur; a match.
- Courage; spirit; mettle; determination.
- An attractive person (normally male).
- To ejaculate.
- To have a strong bad smell.
- To be greatly inferior; to perform badly.
- To give an impression of dishonesty or untruth.
- To cause to stink; to affect by a stink.
- A strong bad smell.
- A complaint or objection.
- A failure or unfortunate event.
- A heavy artillery bombardment.
- To unleash such a bombardment.
- Fashionably elegant.
- A fashionably elegant person.
- Ostentation; bravado.
- To swagger, to show off.
- To ponder, to go over in one's head.
- To communicate to oneself in one's mind, to try to find a solution to a problem.
- To conceive of something or someone (usually followed by of; infrequently, by on).
- To be of the opinion (that).
- To guess; to reckon.
- To consider, judge, regard, or look upon (something) as.
- To plan; to be considering; to be of a mind (to do something).
- To presume; to venture.
- An act of thinking; consideration (of something).
- To seem, to appear.
- To strike against something, without breakage, making a "thunk" sound.
- A delayed computation.
- In the Scheme programming language, a function or procedure taking no arguments.
- A mapping of machine data from one system-specific form to another, usually for compatibility reasons, such as from 16-bit addresses to 32-bit to allow a 16-bit program to run on a 32-bit operating system.
- To delay (a computation).
- To map (machine data) from one system-specific form to another.
- Something serving as an expression of something else; sign, symbol
- A keepsake, memento, souvenir
- A piece of stamped metal used as a substitute for money; a voucher that can be exchanged for goods or services
- Evidence, proof; a confirming detail; physical trace, mark, footprint.
- Support for a belief; grounds for an opinion; reason, reasoning
- An extraordinary event serving as evidence of supernatural power, a miracle
- An object or disclosure to attest or authenticate the bearer or an instruction; a password
- A seal guaranteeing the quality of an item.
- Something given or shown as a symbol or guarantee of authority or right; a sign of authenticity, of power, good faith.
- A tally
- A particular thing to which a concept applies.
- An atomic piece of data, such as a word, for which a meaning may be inferred during parsing. Also called a symbol.
- A conceptual object that can be possessed by a computer, process, etc. in order to regulate a turn-taking system such as a token ring network.
- A lexeme; a basic, grammatically indivisible unit of a language such as a keyword, operator or identifier.
- A characteristic sign of a disease or of a bodily disorder, a symptom; a sign of a bodily condition, recovery, or health.
- A livid spot upon the body, indicating, or supposed to indicate, the approach of death.
- Ten and a half quires, or, commonly, 250 sheets, of paper printed on both sides; also, in some cases, the same number of sheets printed on one side, or half the number printed on both sides.
- A bit of leather having a peculiar mark designating a particular miner. Each hewer sends one of these with each corf or tub he has hewn.
- A thin bed of coal indicating the existence of a thicker seam at no great distance.
- A physical object used for exchange between drivers and signalmen on single track lines.
- In a loom, a colored signal to show the weaver which shuttle to use.
- A piece of metal given beforehand to each person in the congregation who is permitted to partake of the Lord's Supper.
- Done as an indication or a pledge; perfunctory, minimal or merely symbolic.
- a minor attempt for appearance sake, or to minimally comply with a requirement
- To betoken, indicate, portend, designate, denote
- To betroth
- To symbolize, instantiate
- A kind of fishing net.
- To cause to make a sharp twanging sound.
- To twinkle; sparkle
- To wink
- A twinkle; a glint.
- The chaffinch.
- A young, attractive, slim male, usually having little body hair.
- A weak or effeminate man, whether gay or not.
- A player in a multi-user dungeon who engages in obnoxious or abusive behaviour.
- A generic term for correction fluid or correction tape.
- odd; strange
- lonely; dreary; unkard
- To stop transmitting on a two-way radio, etc.
- To wake or rouse from sleep.
- To awaken; to cease to sleep; to be awakened; to stir.
- Like a wanker; foolish or objectionable.
- Lopsided, misaligned or off-centre.
- Feeble, shaky or rickety.
- Suffering from intermittent bugs; broken.
- Generally incorrect.
- A subgenre of electronic music employing unstable rhythms, complex time signatures, and mid-range synths.
- Technically worded, in the style of jargon.
- A large Himalayan antelope, Budorcas taxicolor
- Yukon Territory
- A city/town in Oklahoma.
- A river of British Columbia, the Yukon Territory and Alaska, which gives its name to the territory.
- A man's knee-length jacket worn in parts of India, Bangladesh and Pakistan.
- To recognize.
- To acknowledge; confess (often with "of" or "on"), reveal, disclose, realize
- a city in Minnesota, USA
- A stuffed jacket worn under the mail, or (later) a jacket plated with mail.
- A spiritual leader in Persia and parts of Central Asia.
- A hydrocarbon containing at least one carbon–carbon triple bond.
- From the Bible Deuteronomy 1.28 A race of bigger than usual people, the sons of Anak, who were living in Canaan at the time of the arrival of Moses and the Israelites
- A region of Cambodia that served as the seat of the Khmer Empire, which flourished from approximately the 9th to 15th centuries.
- Having some specific type of ankle.
- A piece of jewelry/jewellery, resembling a bracelet but worn around the ankle.
- Aslant, or sloping.
- Aslant, or askance, or sideways
- The act or process of posing a question or making a request.
- A request, or petition.
- meaning "son of Atkin (Adam)".
- To cause to become awake.
- To bring into action (something previously dormant); to stimulate.
- To stop sleeping.
- Rare passive participle of awake.
- Of a person, an object, or the weather: very hot; boiling, broiling, roasting.
- An action in which something is baked.
- The way in which something is baked.
- The production of a batch of baked product.
- Piled high.
- Of a cheque, deposited in a bank.
- To wave and/or to nod to somebody with the intention to make the person come closer.
- To seem attractive and inviting
- A sign made without words; a beck.
- A children's game similar to hide and seek in which children who have been "caught" may escape if they see another hider beckon to them.
- To befool; deceive; balk; jilt.
- An illusion; trick; cheat.
- To knit.
- To girdle or encircle.
- To know about; have knowledge of; recognise; understand; be aware (of); be knowledgeable about.
- To acknowledge; own; confess.
- The sport of riding a bicycle.
- (of eyes, people) blinking repeatedly, prone to blink.
- (of lights, shining objects) flickery, prone to flicker
- (of milk) Turned somewhat sour.
- in digital photography, a flashing pixel.
- An immigrant from Central Europe.
- A brawny or coarse person.
- a punishment device, especially for scolding women, consisting of a cage to enclose the head, with a metal gag for the mouth
- bunkmate, someone with which one shares a bunk bed.
- a hut holding a bunk or bunks, a free-standing bedroom separate from the main house, which may or may not have other facilities (a fully outfitted outer house would be a guest house and not a bunkie)
- Senseless talk; nonsense; a piece of nonsense (countable).
- Bombastic political posturing or oratorical display designed only for show or public applause.
- A half-boot.
- A type of boot worn by the ancient Athenian tragic actors; tragic drama, tragedy.
- An instrument of torture for the foot; bootikin.
- A layer or deposit of caked material.
- A calk (on a horseshoe).
- A plant disease marked by gradual decay.
- A corroding or sloughing ulcer; especially a spreading gangrenous ulcer or collection of ulcers in or about the mouth.
- Anything which corrodes, corrupts, or destroys.
- A kind of wild rose; the dog rose.
- An obstinate and often incurable disease of a horse's foot, characterized by separation of the horny portion and the development of fungoid growths. Usually resulting from neglected thrush.
- An avian disease affecting doves, poultry, parrots and birds of prey, caused by Trichomonas gallinae.
- To affect as a canker; to eat away; to corrode; to consume.
- To infect or pollute; to corrupt.
- To waste away, grow rusty, or be oxidized, as a mineral.
- To be or become diseased, or as if diseased, with canker; to grow corrupt; to become venomous.
- A Canadian.
- A Canadian, especially a French Canadian.
- The French-Canadian dialect.
- A thing from Canada.
- A Canadian pony or horse.
- A member of the professional NHL ice hockey team.
- The fighter-interceptor.
- A type of inflorescence, consisting of a slender axis with many unisexual apetalous flowers along its sides, as in the willow and poplar.
- Full of chinks, laden with small cracks or openings.
- Possessing attributes of, or similar to, a Chinese person or Chinese style or culture.
- A Chinese takeaway restaurant.
- A meal of Chinese food.
- A Chinese person.
- Having chunks.
- Ungainly; awkward; inelegant; cumbersome.
- The manufacture of coke via the destructive distillation of coal
- A horse chestnut, used in the game of conkers.
- Weak, unwell.
- Not in good working condition; shaky.
- Grouchy, irritable; easily upset.
- Not in perfect mental working order; eccentric, peculiar.
- Full of spirit; spirited.
- An East Asian cultivar or subspecies of radish (Raphanus raphanistrum subsp. sativus, syn. Raphanus sativus) bearing a large, white, carrot-shaped taproot consumed throughout East and South Asia but grown in North America primarily as a fallow crop for its fast-growing leaves (used as animal fodder) and as a soil ripper.
- Particularly, the usual Japanese cultivar, Japanese radish.
- Closely-related cultivars such as the enormous turnip-shaped Sakurajima or green-and-red watermelon radish.
- To make dark or darker by reducing light.
- To become dark or darker (having less light).
- To make dark or darker in colour.
- To become dark or darker in colour.
- To render gloomy, darker in mood
- To become gloomy, darker in mood
- To blind, impair eyesight
- To be blinded, loose clear vision
- To cloud, obscure, or perplex; to render less clear or intelligible.
- To make foul; to sully; to tarnish.
- To discredit, or expose to ridicule the falsehood or the exaggerated claims of something.
- The process of building a dike.
- A small locomotive, especially with a switch engine.
- Genuine, true, honest, on the level.
- Hard work.
- A doit; a small coin.
- A domestic animal, similar to a horse.
- A stubborn person.
- A fool.
- A small auxiliary engine, also called donkey engine.
- A bad poker player.
- To make dusky or obscure.
- To grow or become
- an unincorporated community in Alberta, Canada.
- an extinct town in Colorado, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Florida, USA.
- a home rule-class city in Kentucky, USA
- a town in Maryland, USA
- a village in Michigan, USA.
- a small city in Minnesota, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Missouri, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Ohio, USA.
- a small city in Oregon, USA.
- a small city in South Dakota, USA.
- a small city in Tennessee, USA.
- an incorporated town in Virginia, USA.
- to throw up a bank so as to confine or to defend; to protect by a bank of earth or stone
- Companion of Gilgamesh in the ancient Near Eastern story of Epic of Gilgamesh.
- To chain together; to connect, as if by links.
- To place in ranks or in order.
- to tangle or entangle
- To display extreme daintiness or refinement.
- To trifle.
- A varying measure of capacity, usually being the fourth part of a barrel; specifically, a measure equal to nine imperial gallons.
- A small wooden vessel or cask of indeterminate size, used for butter, lard, etc.
- A weight measure for butter, equalling 56 pounds.
- A sycophant; a servant or hanger-on who is kept for his loyalty or muscle rather than his intellect.
- a North African or an Arabian inn or hotel. Fonduk basically means a hotel in Arabic but in standard Arabic it means an inn or a manor house.
- trousers, hose
- part of the hind leg of a horse, which is between the stifle and the hock.
- A snack; a junk food item.
- A canteen or snack bar.
- To crave, want or desire.
- Walking in the countryside for pleasure or sport.
- A tree (species Chamaecyparis obtusa), the
- The wood of this tree.
- One who honks.
- A large nose.
- A wild goose.
- To crouch or squat close to the ground.
- A political conservative.
- A Wahhabi religious militia of the early twentieth century, made up of traditionally nomadic tribesmen, which formed a significant military force of the ruler Ibn Saud and played an important role in establishing him as ruler of most of the Arabian Peninsula in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- To cover with a casque or as with a casque.
- An application of ink.
- Work done by an inker, one kind of commercial artist
- Inputting text or drawings into a computer, tablet, or similar apparatus using a stylus.
- A defensive activity where ink is released by squids, cuttlefish, etc.
- A device, particularly one used in the printing of documents, which propels tiny droplets of ink to the paper.
- An inkjet printer.
- To fasten or bind, as with a knot; to knot together.
- A chief (particularly Zulu).
- A pot for holding ink; inkwell.
- A hole where water leaks in.
- A leak inwards.
- The place where water or air is taken into a pipe or conduit; opposed to outlet.
- The beginning of a contraction or narrowing in a tube or cylinder.
- The quantity taken in.
- An act or instance of taking in
- The people taken into an organisation or establishment at a particular time.
- To take or draw in
- To call upon (a person, especially a god) for help, assistance or guidance.
- To appeal for validation to a (notably cited) authority.
- To conjure up with incantations.
- To bring about as an inevitable consequence.
- To solicit, petition for, appeal to a favorable attitude.
- To cause (a program or subroutine) to execute.
- Indoor work, work done inside the home.
- To work in or into.
- To work or operate within.
- A long pole on two wheels, used in hauling logs.
- name, either transferred from the surname Jenkins or derived from the medieval given name Jankin, the pet form of Jan
- variant of Jenkins, especially in the south-west of England
- A type of men's garment popular in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries: a close-fitting collarless jacket, with or without sleeves.
- A sleeveless jacket, usually leather; a long waistcoat.
- A high wheeled wagon designed to carry lumber suspended under the body of the vehicle.
- Kidding, trying to fool.
- The act of telling or engaging in jokes.
- a yokel, country bumpkin
- A basket.
- A type of cream cheese, originally made in a rush basket; later, a food made of sweetened curds or rennet.
- A delicacy.
- A feast or banquet.
- A pleasure-trip; a journey made for feasting or enjoyment, now especially a trip made ostensibly for business but which entails merrymaking or entertainment.
- 20-40 table gaming rooms for which the capacity and limits change daily. Junket rooms are often rented out to private vendors who run tour groups through them and give a portion of the proceeds to the main casino.
- To go on or attend a junket.
- Any of a number of non-Burman ethnolinguistic groups in Burma, including the Jingpo people.
- A state in central Nigeria.
- The capital of Kaduna state.
Possible word length