Page 1 from 53
Total results: 54695
- nuclear-powered guided-missile cruiser
- childhood gender nonconformity
- Gross National Product
- liquid natural gas/liquified natural gas
- A small tub or lading vessel.
- Eye dialect spelling of certain regional pronunciations of going.
- A city in the province of Limburg, Belgium
- A hypothetical electromagnetic or gravitational wave held together in a confined region by the gravitational attraction of its own field energy.
- Any of a group of geometric forms capable of being recognised as a component of a real object
- A foolish or contemptible man.
- a fellow; person.
- To grimace; to snarl.
- To whinge, moan, complain.
- To make elaborate unnatural and distorted faces as a form of amusement or in a girning competition.
- A vocalization similar to a cat's purring.
- A valley in a mountain area, especially one with a stream in the bottom
- To snarl or growl.
- Snow or an ocean wave.
- To bite something persistently, especially something tough.
- To produce excessive anxiety or worry.
- To corrode; to fret away; to waste.
- A small furry toy like an ersatz teddy bear, popularized in wartime when production of real teddies stops.
- A stupid, ignorant, and/or boorish person.
- A sleep; a nap.
- A prostitute's client.
- To sleep.
- To lie; to tell an untruth
- A loose, flowing upper garment.
- A woman's ordinary outer dress, such as a calico or silk gown.
- The official robe of certain professional men and scholars, such as university students and officers, barristers, judges, etc.
- The dress of civil officers, as opposed to military officers.
- The university community.
- A loose wrapper worn by gentlemen within doors; a dressing gown.
- Any sort of dress or garb.
- The robe worn by a surgeon.
- To dress in a gown, to don or garb with a gown.
- dirt or grime; any vague or unknown substance
- A subculture of 21st century American males, combining elements of modern gothic culture with punk rock.
- A member of the gunk subculture.
- To soil or make dirty
- The primary reproductive female caste of social insects (especially ants, wasps, and bees), those destined to become queens.
- A short spur or stiff projection from the trunk or branch of a tree, such as the stunted dead branch of a fir
- A peg or hook for hanging something on
- One of the points of a stag's horn or a tine
- A knot in a piece of wood or the base of a branch
- A pointed rock or crag
- A small cask or barrel; a keg or noggin
- The woodpecker
- To hang something on a peg
- To kill (a player character) who ganked you
- A stump or base of a branch that has been lopped off; a short branch, or a sharp or rough branch; a knot; a protuberance.
- Any sharp protuberant part of an object, which may catch, scratch, or tear other objects brought into contact with it.
- A tooth projecting beyond the others; a broken or decayed tooth.
- A tree, or a branch of a tree, fixed in the bottom of a river or other navigable water, and rising nearly or quite to the surface, by which boats are sometimes pierced and sunk.
- A problem or difficulty with something.
- A pulled thread or yarn, as in cloth.
- One of the secondary branches of an antler.
- To catch or tear (e.g. fabric) upon a rough surface or projection.
- To fish by means of dragging a large hook or hooks on a line, intending to impale the body (rather than the mouth) of the target.
- To obtain or pick up (something).
- To stealthily steal with legerdemain prowess (something).
- To cut the snags or branches from, as the stem of a tree; to hew roughly.
- A light meal.
- A sausage.
- A goal.
- A misnaged, an opponent to Chassidic Judaism (more likely modern, for cultural reasons).
- To drag a log along the ground by means of a chain fastened at one end.
- To sneak.
- To chop off; to cut.
- A small eel.
- To kiss passionately.
- A passionate kiss.
- A small, comfortable back room in a pub.
- A lug.
- Comfortable; cosy (cozy); satisfactory.
- Close; concealed; not exposed to notice.
- To make secure or snug.
- To snuggle or nestle.
- A short high-pitched humming sound, such as that made by a bullet or vibrating string.
- A witty insult or derogatory remark.
- Zest or vitality.
- Pleasant or exciting flavour of food.
- To move very quickly, especially while making a high-pitched hum.
- The process of becoming older or more mature.
- Allowing something to become older.
- The deliberate act of making something (such as an antique) appear older than it is.
- Becoming senescent; accumulating damage to macromolecules, cells, tissues and organs with the passage of time
- Elderly person. Only as a collective plural in "the aging"
- Becoming elderly.
- Violent contest or striving.
- Pain so extreme as to cause writhing or contortions of the body, similar to those made in the athletic contests in Greece; and hence, extreme pain of mind or body; anguish; paroxysm of grief; specifically, the sufferings of Christ in the garden of Gethsemane.
- Paroxysm of joy; keen emotion.
- The last struggle of life; death struggle.
- grinning; having happiness or satisfaction apparent on one's face
- a protein involved in the formation of neuromuscular junctions during embryonic development
- Any of various gelatinous gums, derivatives of alginic acid, derived from algae.
- To form in line; to fall into line.
- To adjust or form to a line; to range or form in line; to bring into line.
- To store (data) in a way that is consistent with the memory architecture, i.e. by beginning each item at an offset equal to some multiple of the word size.
- to identify with or match the behaviour, thoughts, etc of another person.
- organize a linear arrangement of DNA, RNA or protein sequences which have regions of similarity.
- By the length of; in a line with the length of; lengthwise next to.
- In a line with, with a progressive motion on; onward on; forward on.
- In company; together.
- Onward, forward, with progressive action.
- Denotes a mingling or intermixing with distinct or separable objects. (See Usage Note at amidst)
- Denotes a belonging of a person or a thing to a group.
- Denotes a sharing of a common feature in a group.
- Displaying or feeling anger.
- Inflamed and painful.
- Dark and stormy, menacing.
- name of mostly Scottish usage.
- A former county in Scotland, which became a local government district in 1975 in Region (abolished 1996), and is now one of Scotland's 32 council areas.
- A black, hornless breed of beef cattle, originally from Scotland.
- A nickname for the 0-8-8-0 train configuration.
- Nigh; near; close by (to).
- Nigh; near.
- Foolish imitation or mimicry.
- A palm tree (Arenga pinnata, syn. which yields sago, wine, and fibres for ropes.
- On the wing; flying; fluttering.
- An assault carried out with an axe.
- A type of yoke carried on the shoulders, as a means for people to carry a load.
- Characterized by banging sounds.
- A living creature.
- The state or fact of existence, consciousness, or life, or something in such a state.
- That which has actuality (materially or in concept).
- One's basic nature, or the qualities thereof; essence or personality.
- An abode; a cottage.
- Given that; since.
- Cannabis, especially as used in the Indian subcontinent.
- A short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- A rapid and excessive consumption of food.
- To engage in a short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- The sound made by an elastic object (such as a spring) when bouncing; the sound of a bounce.
- To make a boing sound or bouncing motion.
- A native of New Guinea.
- An Australian aboriginal.
- To transport toward somebody/somewhere.
- To supply or contribute.
- To raise (a lawsuit, charges, etc.) against somebody.
- To persuade; to induce; to draw; to lead; to guide.
- To produce in exchange; to sell for; to fetch.
- To pitch, often referring to a particularly hard thrown fastball.
- hobgoblin, evil spirit
- A loud, ringing sound, like that made by free-hanging metal objects striking each other.
- Quality of tone.
- The cry of some birds, including the crane and the goose.
- A word or phrase linked only by sound and not by meaning, characteristic of some mental disorders.
- To strike (objects) together so as to produce a clang.
- To give out a clang; to resound.
- Fruit (especially peach) whose flesh adheres strongly to the pit.
- adherence; attachment; devotion
- hold very tightly, as to not fall off.
- To adhere to an object, without being affixed, in such a way as to follow its contours. Used especially of fabrics and films.
- To cause to adhere to, especially by twining round or embracing.
- To cause to dry up or wither.
- to be fond of, to feel strongly about
- To produce a high-pitched ringing sound, like a small bell.
- wasted away; shrunken
- Any of several perennial rhizomatous grasses of genus Imperata, especially
- A projecting corner or angle; a cornerstone.
- The keystone of an arch.
- A wedge used in typesetting.
- a tall, narrow, single-headed Cuban hand drum of African origin
- a march of Cuban origin in four-four time in which people form a chain, each holding the hips of the person in front of them; in each bar, dancers take three shuffle steps and then kick alternate legs outwards at the beat; the chain weaves around the place and allows new participants to join the back of the chain
- To dance the conga.
- To condescend; to do despite a perceived affront to one's dignity.
- To condescend to give; to do something.
- To esteem worthy; to consider worth notice.
- drab; shabby; dirty; squalid
- Resembling or characteristic of dung.
- Covered in dung
- A horizontal timber (or steel) section used in the construction of a building.
- A large metal crowbar.
- Approaching death; about to die; moribund.
- Declining, terminal, or drawing to an end.
- Pertaining to death, or the moments before death.
- The process of approaching death; or, less precisely, death itself.
- Those who are currently expiring, moribund.
- participle of ( form of)
- A city in Minnesota, US.
- eldest; firstborn
- entailed; belonging to the eldest son
- The act or process of adding.
- That which is added.
- A supplementary piece of timber used to lengthen another.
- To lengthen out; to prolong.
- To put away; to separate; to keep off.
- Work, measured in terms of the quantity of heat to which it is equivalent.
- A task or function of a creature.
- Mud from the thermal springs at Battaglia in Italy, used to treat certain medical complaints such as gout and rheumatism.
- Containing fangs; full of sharp teeth.
- To make a false copy or version of; to counterfeit.
- To imagine; to invent; to pretend.
- To make an action as if doing one thing, but actually doing another, for example to trick an opponent.
- To hide or conceal.
- A miner's double-edged pick.
- A mould, especially one made from papier-mâché, used to create a stereotype.
- A fungus.
- A fool or simpleton.
- A fielding practice drill where a person hits fly balls intended to be caught.
- A fungo bat.
- A street urchin; a homeless boy.
- To drop from a high place upon sharp stakes or hooks as a punishment.
- Thief, rascal, scoundrel.
- A succulent berry with a thick rind, the fruit of plants in the genus
- A person from the suburbs (usually hipsters, punk rockers, or hippies) that moves to a low income urban area. Someone who gentrifies. gentrification.
- Capital city of the province of East Flanders, Belgium.
- An organ that synthesizes a substance, such as hormones or breast milk, and releases it, often into the bloodstream (endocrine gland) or into cavities inside the body or its outer surface (exocrine gland).
- A secretory structure on the surface of an organ.
- A compressable cylindrical case and its contents around a shaft where it passes through a barrier, intended to prevent the passage of a fluid past the barrier, such as:
- A gland used around a ship’s propeller shaft.
- A gland used around a tap, valve or faucet.
- To glisten; to gleam.
- A short flash of light.
- Not sharp; dull.
- To flash briefly.
- To glance; to peep forth, as a flower from the bud; to glitter.
- To dry; to wither.
- A knot in wood; a large or hard knot, or a protuberance with twisted grain, on a tree.
- Something resembling a knot in wood, such as in stone or limbs.
- The average value of the magnitude squared of the curl of a vector field over a continuous path that is tangent to the vector field at every point. In mathematical notation, gnarl is represented by the lowercase Greek letter ξ.
- To knot or twist something.
- To snarl or growl; to gnar.
- To grind (one's teeth) in pain or in anger.
- To grind between the teeth.
- To run away
- A spark; a dying or dead spark, as of a snuffed candle.
- To gnash.
- A churl; a curmudgeon; boor; lout.
- A sex organ that produces gametes; specifically, a testicle or ovary.
- The testicles.
- Someone (or something) doomed; a hopeless case.
- The keel or lower outline of a bird's bill, so far as the mandibular rami are united.
- Using an unconventional, exaggerated and highly subjective style, often when the reporter takes part in the events of the story.
- A wild or crazy person
- Of or like a goon; thuggish; brutal.
- Silly, crazy, foolish, stupid, or awkward.
- a goon; a foolish, stupid, silly, or awkward person.
- Alternate form of gooney (gooney bird, the black-footed albatross).
- A low, mournful sound uttered in pain or grief.
- A low, guttural sound uttered in frustration or disapproval.
- To make a groan.
- To strive after earnestly, as if with groans.
- The crease or depression of the human body at the junction of the trunk and the thigh, together with the surrounding region.
- The area adjoining this fold or depression.
- The projecting solid angle formed by the meeting of two vaults
- The genitals.
- The surface formed by two such vaults.
- To deliver a blow to the genitals.
- To build with groins.
- To grunt; to growl; to snarl; to murmur.
- Covered by growth; overgrown.
- (of a person) Adult.
- Any of the several rodents of the family Ctenodactylidae.
- A municipality in Croatia.
- greasy, messy or dirty.
- A coarse heavy fabric made of jute or hemp.
- A gunny sack.
- A gunnery sergeant.
- A triangular form having an angle at the fess point and the opposite side at the edge of the escutcheon.
- A sweet glaze made primarily of sugar and often flavored, typically used for baked goods; frosting.
- A minor violation of ice hockey rules, occurring when a player shoots the puck from his/her side of the red line so that it crosses the goal line on the opponent's side. A team playing short-handed is not penalized for this.
- The process of forming a layer of ice on a surface.
- A solid block of more or less pure metal, often but not necessarily bricklike in shape and trapezoidal in cross-section, the result of pouring out and cooling molten metal, often immediately after smelting from raw ore or alloying from constituents.
- To form (scraps of metal) into ingots.
- A Zionist paramilitary group that operated in Mandatory Palestine between 1931 and 1948.
- One who supports policy favouring war.
- A large wild ass, native to the Tibetan Plateau.
- The carcass of a whale after the blubber has been removed.
- of Chinese origin.
- Having ling, or heather, growing on it.
- A garment worn around the waist by many people, especially men, in Southern India, Bangladesh, Burma, and Pakistan.
- The act of one who lies, or keeps low to the ground.
- An act of telling a lie or falsehood.
- Afflicted with mange.
- Worn and squalid-looking; bedraggled or decrepit.
- Mean, miserly, stingy.
- The bonnet monkey.
- To transform data in an undefined or unexplained manner.
- To add a spamblock to (an email address).
- To corrupt a record about an individual by erroneously merging in information about another individual.
- Prone to nag, irritable
- A West African gazelle,
- A desert region in southern Israel
- The cry of a horse.
- to make its cry
- to make a sound similar to a horses' cry
- To scoff or sneer.
- An evergreen tree, native to New Zealand.
- A local government area of Borno State, Nigeria.
- Various languages: see
- A pungent Burmese condiment made from fermented and compressed fish or shrimp paste.
- The group of Southern African indigenous peoples comprising the Zulu, Xhosa and Swazi nations.
- The group of languages of the Nguni people.
- A currency of Zambia, one hundredth of a kwacha.
- name, of mostly British usage.
- A person, usually male, who is unpopular with their peers, unfashionable, socially awkward and/or introverted.
- A tropical flea, the chigoe.
- A brand name of major household appliances.
- A town in Oklahoma.
- A gentle push.
- A feature of instant messaging software used to get the attention of another user, as by shaking the conversation window or playing a sound.
- The rotation by one step of a reel of the player's choice.
- To push against gently, especially in order to gain attention or give a signal.
- To near or come close to something.
- name occasionally transferred from the surname.
- A hamlet in borough, West Yorkshire, England
- A ghost town in British Columbia, Canada.
- A community in Nova Scotia, Canada.
- A municipality in Quebec, Canada
- A small city in Arkansas
- A village in Illinois
- A city in Iowa
- A city in Kansas
- A town in New York
- A in North Carolina
- An unincorporated community in Ohio.
- A city in Utah
- An unincorporated community in West Virginia.
- a freshwater lake in the north-west European part of Russia, located on the territory of Republic of Karelia, Leningrad Oblast and Vologda Oblast
- Still to be paid; owed as a debt.
- A length of wax-print fabric made in West Africa, worn as a single wrap or made into other clothing, and serving as a form of currency.
- A large broad-bladed knife.
- Any of various edible freshwater fish of the genus Pangasius, native to southeast Asia, especially the iridescent shark, now reclassified as
- A type of modest-sized, open, outboard-powered, fishing boat common throughout much of the developing world, including Central America, the Caribbean, parts of Africa, the Middle East, and much of Asia.
- A small inflatable motorboat used in Latin America.
- Cyathea dealbata, a medium-sized tree fern endemic to New Zealand.
- A thin, pointed, projecting part.
- A branch; a fork.
- to pierce or poke with, or as if with, a prong
- A small sloop or shallop, or a large boat with sails.
- Slender and long of limb; lanky
- Prone to roaming around.
- Having or permitting range or scope; roomy; commodious.
- a form of Japanese verse in which short poems are connected together. Encompasses haikai, the origination point for haiku.
- Having a ringing or reverberating sound.
- A southeastern Bantu language spoken just south of Maputo in Mozambique.
- An elephant shrew.
- A former (1967-1993) monetary unit of Zaire, 1/100 of a likuta.
- an ancient dynasty in China
- A Gujarati surname that was later adopted by Sikhs
- name used by Sikhs, often but not necessarily a middle name.
- A surname common among the Rajput clan from Rajasthan, India
- A surname common among the states of Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh in India
- To throw with a circular or arcing motion.
- To throw with a sling.
- To pass a rope around (a cask, gun, etc.) preparatory to attaching a hoisting or lowering tackle.
- To sell drugs.
- An instrument for throwing stones or other missiles, consisting of a short strap with two strings fastened to its ends, or with a string fastened to one end and a light stick to the other.
- A kind of hanging bandage put around the neck, in which a wounded arm or hand is supported.
- A loop of cloth, worn around the neck, for supporting a baby or other such load.
- A loop of rope, or a rope or chain with hooks, for suspending a barrel, bale, or other heavy object, in hoisting or lowering.
- A strap attached to a firearm, for suspending it from the shoulder.
- A band of rope or iron for securing a yard to a mast.
- The act or motion of hurling as with a sling; a throw; figuratively, a stroke.
- A loop of rope or fabric tape used for various purposes: e.g. as part of a runner, or providing extra protection when abseiling or belaying.
- A drink composed of a spirit (usually gin) and water sweetened.
- A young or infant spider, such as one raised in captivity.
- A long and narrow piece of land, resembling a tongue, especially a short peninsula
- A wooden chair with a seat made from woven straw or twine stretched over the frame.
- The act of one who sues for something.
- The process of soaking through anything.
- A swamp.
- To steer one's vehicle from side to side while driving.
- past of. Now largely replaced by swung.
- having a sharp, pungent flavor
- a mythical Japanese creature, typically birdlike and having a long nose
- A cross between a male tiger and a lioness.
- A small amount of something, especially of an added color.
- The degree of vividness of a color; shade, hue or tint.
- To add a small amount of color; to tint.
- To imbue or impregnate.
- An instrument or tool used for picking things up without touching them with the hands or fingers, consisting of two slats or grips hinged at the end or in the middle, and sometimes including a spring to open the grips.
- A large scissors-like two-piece center-hinged forged-iron implement with oval-loop handles and with pointed tips turned inward (in the same plane as and perpendicular to the handles) to facilitate lifting and carrying a block of ice. Often called ice tongs.
- The sound of a vibrating string, for example, of a bow or a musical instrument.
- A technical term for a particular sharp vibrating sound characteristic of electric guitars.
- A trace of a regional or foreign accent in someone's voice.
- The sound quality that appears in the human voice when the epilaryngeal tube is narrowed.
- A sharp, disagreeable taste or flavor.
- To produce a sharp vibrating sound, like a tense string pulled and suddenly let go.
- To play a stringed musical instrument by plucking and snapping.
- Action of the verb to tie; ligature.
- The act or process of washing ores in a buddle.
- To remove from a bag.
- Not bagged.
- To undo the process of digging; to fill up (a hole or grave) or bury again (something unearthed).
- To unfasten (a hatch or door).
- To release from a gag.
- To release from a gag order.
- To cause to be unbegotten or unborn, or as if unbegotten or unborn.
- To unacquire; relinquish; release; get rid of; lose; lose hold of; forget
- To divest of a god; to atheize.
- To divest of godly powers; to strip of divinity.
- A false god; an idol
- To remove the gum from.
- To remove from a peg.
- To remove the rigging from (a vessel, etc.).
- To disable.
- To undress (someone).‘B.E.,’ A New Dictionary of the Canting Crew, London: W. Hawes et al., 1699,
- A high-pitched ringing sound.
- To move with great force or speed.
- Winged, or as if winged; inclined to fly.
- To squeeze or twist tightly so that liquid is forced out.
- To obtain by force.
- To hold tightly and press or twist.
- To writhe; to twist, as if in anguish.
- To kill an animal, usually poultry, by breaking its neck by twisting.
- To pain; to distress; to torment; to torture.
- To distort; to pervert; to wrest.
- To subject to extortion; to afflict, or oppress, in order to enforce compliance.
- To bend or strain out of its position.
- A powerful squeezing or twisting action.
- Incorrect or untrue.
- Asserting something incorrect or untrue.
- Immoral, not good, bad.
- Improper; unfit; unsuitable.
- Not working; out of order.
- Designed to be worn or placed inward; as, the wrong side of a garment or of a piece of cloth.
- Twisted; wry.
- In a way that isn't right; incorrectly, wrongly.
- Something that is immoral or not good.
- An instance of wronging someone (sometimes with possessive to indicate the wrongdoer).
- The incorrect or unjust position or opinion.
- The opposite of right; the concept of badness.
- To treat unjustly; to injure or harm.
- To deprive of some right, or to withhold some act of justice.
- To slander; to impute evil to unjustly.
- A major river in Brazil that flows north into the Amazon delta.
- Cultural reservation in central Brazil, in the state of Mato Grosso.
- Any of several indigenous tribes of Amerindian peoples who live in the Xingu reservation.
- In the cerebrum, a short crossbar fissure that connects the two pairs of branches of a larger zygal (H-shaped) fissure.
- An affinity or connection in a piece of music between tones, chords, or phrases, such that one part appears to repeat, to imitate, or to derive from the other, especially when perceived as an organising principle in the music; a zygonic relationship.
- A Negrillo people of Gabon.
- The people of the Abongo tribe.
- That aches; continuously painful.
- The feeling of an ache; a dull pain.
- Temporarily assuming the duties or authority of another person when they are unable to do their job.
- An intended action or deed.
- The occupation of an actor.
- The deeds or actions of parties are called actings to avoid confusion with the legal senses of deeds and actions.
- A nymph of the island that bears her name.
- Short for a main belt asteroid.
- An island in Greece.
- The process of becoming older or more mature.
- The deliberate act of making something (such as an antique) appear older than it is.
- Becoming senescent; accumulating damage to macromolecules, cells, tissues and organs with the passage of time.
- Becoming elderly.
- The capacity, condition, or state of acting or of exerting power; action or activity; operation.
- A person or thing through which power is exerted or an end is achieved: instrumentality, means.
- The office or function of an agent; also, the relationship between a principal and that person's agent.
- An establishment engaged in doing business for another; also, the place of business or the district of such an agency.
- A department or other administrative unit of a government; also, the office or headquarters of, or the district administered by such unit of government.
- A corn or sore on the toe or finger.
- Torn skin near a toenail or fingernail.
- An appellation over and above the given name and surname.
- A relative whose relation is traced only through male members of the family.
- Any paternal male relative.
- Related to someone by male connections or on the paternal side of the family.
- allied; akin
- Having a similar semantic meaning.
- To recognise; to acknowledge.
- A lack of spiritual understanding or insight; a lack of enlightenment.
- A deficit in the ability to perceive.
- A patient suffering from an agnosy.
- Ignorance, especially that which is common to a group or category of people.
- Of or pertaining to the pain of death
- Lacking an angle.
- Having a magnetic deviation of zero.
- An ailment.
- Sickly; sick; ill; unwell.
- The act of one who aims.
- An exposure to warm or fresh air.
- A public expression of an opinion or discussion of a subject.
- Measurement (of cloth) by the ell.
- A duty paid for such measurement.
- Dilute or disorganized energy, which cannot be transformed into work.
- Deficiency of energy.
- Lack of immunity to an antigen.
- A river in Russia.
- The right of one belligerant (government) in a conflict to seize, use or destroy the property of another belligerent or neutral state, or the private citizens thereof, provided compensation is paid.
- An inflammatory infection of the throat, particularly quinsy.
- Short for Angina pectoris.
- A chest pain or shortness of breath occurring with lesser degrees of arterial blockage.
- A region of Cambodia that served as the seat of the Khmer Empire, which flourished from approximately the 9th to 15th centuries.
- Arranged so as to form an angle.
- Forming an angle of a particular type.
- Any member of the Anguidae.
- Narrow; strait; contracted; not spacious.
- The practice of some birds of rubbing live ants or occasionally other items into the feathers, possibly as a means of controlling parasites.
- name used by many people in or from India.
Possible word length