Page 2 from 205
Total results: 212918
- A hypothetical electromagnetic or gravitational wave held together in a confined region by the gravitational attraction of its own field energy.
- Any of a group of geometric forms capable of being recognised as a component of a real object
- A foolish or contemptible man.
- a fellow; person.
- To grimace; to snarl.
- To whinge, moan, complain.
- To make elaborate unnatural and distorted faces as a form of amusement or in a girning competition.
- A vocalization similar to a cat's purring.
- A valley in a mountain area, especially one with a stream in the bottom
- To snarl or growl.
- Snow or an ocean wave.
- To bite something persistently, especially something tough.
- To produce excessive anxiety or worry.
- To corrode; to fret away; to waste.
- A small furry toy like an ersatz teddy bear, popularized in wartime when production of real teddies stops.
- A stupid, ignorant, and/or boorish person.
- A sleep; a nap.
- A prostitute's client.
- To sleep.
- To lie; to tell an untruth
- A loose, flowing upper garment.
- A woman's ordinary outer dress, such as a calico or silk gown.
- The official robe of certain professional men and scholars, such as university students and officers, barristers, judges, etc.
- The dress of civil officers, as opposed to military officers.
- The university community.
- A loose wrapper worn by gentlemen within doors; a dressing gown.
- Any sort of dress or garb.
- The robe worn by a surgeon.
- To dress in a gown, to don or garb with a gown.
- dirt or grime; any vague or unknown substance
- A subculture of 21st century American males, combining elements of modern gothic culture with punk rock.
- A member of the gunk subculture.
- To soil or make dirty
- The primary reproductive female caste of social insects (especially ants, wasps, and bees), those destined to become queens.
- To take hold of; to grasp, hold.
- Made or crafted by cutting, whittling down.
- Having been cut or mown down.
- Located at the rear (most often said of animals' body parts).
- A female deer, especially a red deer at least two years old.
- A spotted food fish of the genus Epinephelus.
- A servant, especially an agricultural labourer.
- A clue.
- A tacit suggestion that avoids a direct statement.
- A small, barely detectable amount of.
- Information in a computer-based font that suggests how the outlines of the font's glyphs should be distorted in order to produce, at specific sizes, a visually appealing pixel-based rendering. Also known as hinting.
- An opportunity; occasion; fit time.
- To suggest tacitly without a direct statement; to provide a clue.
- To bring to mind by a slight mention or remote allusion; to suggest in an indirect manner.
- To develop and add hints to a font.
- A large or dense piece of something.
- A sexually attractive boy or man, especially one who is muscular.
- A record of differences between almost contiguous portions of two files (or other sources of information). Differences that are widely separated by areas which are identical in both files would not be part of a single hunk. Differences that are separated by small regions which are identical in both files may comprise a single hunk. Patches are made up of hunks.
- A honyock.
- The monetary unit of South Korea from February 15, 1953 to June 9, 1962.
- A song of praise or worship.
- To sing (a hymn).
- To praise or extol in hymns.
- name; the Scottish Gaelic equivalent of John.
- A former Spanish province on the Atlantic coast of Morocco, south of Agadir and across from the Canary Islands.
- A unit of length equal to one twelfth of a foot, or exactly 2.54 centimetres.
- The amount of water which would cover a surface to the depth of an inch, used as a measurement of rainfall.
- The amount of an alcoholic beverage which would fill a glass or bottle to the depth of an inch.
- A very short distance.
- To advance very slowly, or by a small amount (in a particular direction).
- To drive by inches, or small degrees.
- To deal out by inches; to give sparingly.
- A small island
- a small city in Kentucky, USA
- an unincorporated community in Nebraska, USA.
- a CDP in Texas, USA.
- an unincorporated community in West Virginia, USA.
- of the colour of ink, especially black ink; dark.
- spattered or stained with ink
- Inward; interior; secret.
- Inwardly, within; internally; secretly.
- Heartily, completely, fully, thoroughly; extremely.
- The Inca God of the Sun
- Integrated services digital network.
- Isosorbide dinitrate.
- Problematic blocking of a software application's user interface due to slow operations or poor interface design.
- Something; any object, place or thing.
- A woman.
- derived from a medieval variant of
- A quick evasive turn.
- To make a quick evasive turn.
- To cause a vehicle to make a quick evasive turn.
- In the games of spoilfive and forty-five, to win the game by taking all five tricks; also, to attempt to win all five tricks, losing what has been already won if unsuccessful.
- A hex; an evil spell.
- A person or thing supposed to bring bad luck.
- To cast a spell on.
- To bring bad luck to.
- To combine more than one item into one; to put together.
- To come together; to meet.
- To come into the company of.
- To become a member of.
- To produce an intersection of data in two or more database tables.
- To unite in marriage.
- To enjoin upon; to command.
- To accept, or engage in, as a contest.
- An intersection of piping or wiring; an interconnect.
- An intersection of data in two or more database tables.
- The lowest upper bound, an operation between pairs of elements in a lattice, denoted by the symbol
- The queen of the gods, equivalent of the Greek Hera.
- Short for the third main belt asteroid discovered.
- Often with a prepositional phrase, or with and an infinitive: showing a quick and ardent responsiveness or willingness; eager, enthusiastic, interested.
- Fierce, intense, vehement.
- Having a fine edge or point; sharp.
- Acute of mind, having or expressing mental acuteness; penetrating, sharp.
- Acrimonious, bitter, piercing.
- Of cold, wind, etc.: cutting, penetrating, piercing, sharp.
- Extremely low as to be competitive.
- Brave, courageous; audacious, bold.
- To make cold, to sharpen.
- A prolonged wail for a deceased person.
- To utter a keen.
- To utter with a loud wailing voice or wordless cry.
- To mourn.
- A gambling game, a variety of the game of lotto, played with balls or knobs, numbered, and cards also numbered.
- An oven or furnace or a heated chamber, for the purpose of hardening, burning, calcining or drying anything; for example, firing ceramics, curing or preserving tobacco, or drying grain.
- To bake in a kiln.
- To laugh loudly.
- To gasp for breath as in a severe fit of coughing.
- A convulsive fit of coughing or laughter; a sonorous indraft of breath; a whoop; a gasp of breath caused by laughing, coughing, or crying.
- A tight curl, twist, or bend in a length of thin material, hair etc.
- A difficulty or flaw that is likely to impede operation, as in a plan or system.
- An unreasonable notion; a crotchet; a whim; a caprice.
- Peculiarity or deviation in sexual behaviour or taste.
- A positive 1-soliton solution to the Sine–Gordon equation
- To form a kink or twist.
- To be formed into a kink or twist.
- A short spur or stiff projection from the trunk or branch of a tree, such as the stunted dead branch of a fir
- A peg or hook for hanging something on
- One of the points of a stag's horn or a tine
- A knot in a piece of wood or the base of a branch
- A pointed rock or crag
- A small cask or barrel; a keg or noggin
- The woodpecker
- To hang something on a peg
- To kill (a player character) who ganked you
- To shape a vitreous mineral (flint, obsidian, chert etc.) by breaking away flakes, often forming a sharp edge or point.
- To rap or strike sharply.
- To bite; to bite off; to break short.
- To make a sound of snapping.
- A sharp blow or slap.
- A protuberance; a swelling; a knob.
- The crest of a hill
- A small hill
- To turn thread or yarn into a piece of fabric by forming loops that are pulled through each other. This can be done by hand with needles or by machine.
- To join closely and firmly together.
- To become closely and firmly joined; become compacted.
- To grow together.
- To combine from various elements.
- Of bones: to heal following a fracture.
- To form into a knot, or into knots; to tie together, as cord; to fasten by tying.
- To draw together; to contract into wrinkles.
- A knitted garment.
- A rounded protuberance, handle, or control switch.
- A prominent rounded hill.
- A rounded ornament on the hilt of an edged weapon; a pommel.
- A prominent, rounded bump along a mountain ridge.
- (plural) Breasts.
- A penis.
- A contemptible person.
- A dollop, an amount just larger than a spoonful (usually referring to butter)
- A chunky branch-like piece, especially of a ginger rhizome.
- To have sex with.
- To perceive the truth or factuality of; to be certain of or that.
- To be aware of; to be cognizant of.
- To be acquainted or familiar with; to have encountered.
- To experience.
- To distinguish, to discern, particularly by contrast or comparison; to recognize the nature of.
- To recognize as the same (as someone or something previously encountered) after an absence or change.
- To understand or have a grasp of through experience or study.
- To have sexual relations with.
- To have knowledge; to have information, be informed.
- To be or become aware or cognizant.
- To be acquainted (with another person).
- To be able to play or perform (a song or other piece of music).
- Knowledge; the state of knowing.
- a Scottish surname
- a male given name derived from the surname
- A knurl.
- The small wooden ball in the game of trap ball, or knurr and spell.
- especially To teach or to learn.
- The lumbar region; loin.
- The loins; flank; buttocks.
- To allow to be used by someone temporarily, on condition that it or its equivalent will be returned.
- To make a loan.
- To be suitable or applicable, to fit.
- To afford; to grant or furnish in general.
- To borrow.
- The third-largest city in Austria.
- lost, doomed
- abandoned, lonely, forlorn
- A fool; an idiot; a lunkhead.
- crazy; mentally unsound
- Any of several place names (outside Britain named for persons with the surname).
- A town in Alabama.
- A town in Arkansas.
- A town in Indiana.
- A city in Massachusetts.
- A town in Norfolk, England, officially King's Lynn.
- An unincorporated community in West Virginia.
- A town in Wisconsin.
- A community in Nova Scotia.
- name usually appearing as a middle name.
- name, popular as a middle name.
- A maund; a basket or hamper.
- A ghost.
- The ability for rational thought.
- The ability to be aware of things.
- The ability to remember things.
- The ability to focus the thoughts.
- Somebody that embodies certain mental qualities.
- Judgment, opinion, or view.
- Desire, inclination, or intention.
- A healthy mental state.
- The non-material substance or set of processes in which consciousness, perception, affectivity, judgement, thinking, and will are based.
- To remember.
- To concern oneself with, to pay attention to.
- To dislike, to object to; to be bothered by.
- To pay attention to; to listen attentively to, to obey.
- To pay attention to (something); to keep one's mind on.
- To look after, to take care of, especially for a short period of time.
- To make sure, to take care (
- To be careful about.
- To have in mind; to intend.
- To put in mind; to remind.
- A pert, flirtatious or impudent young woman.
- A female puppy; a pet dog.
- A mink.
- Of or resembling a mine.
- To be able to; may; must.
- One of the South and East Asian birds of the starling family Sturnidae.
- Either of two thorny shrublike trees, of the genus Ziziphus, from North Africa and the Middle East; is supposed to be the plant from which Christ's crown of thorns was made.
- The edible berry of
- A single-serving package of crackers, usually filled with peanut butter. Snack crackers.
- nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) carrying two electrons and bonded with a hydrogen (H) ion; the reduced form of NAD.
- to make naked, bare, expose
- The greater mouse-deer,
- A narcotics squad police officer.
- To suffer from impaired judgment due to nitrogen narcosis (e.g. while scuba diving).
- A police spy or informer.
- An unpleasant person, especially one who makes things difficult for others; a spoilsport.
- To watch; to observe.
- To serve or behave as a spy or informer.
- To annoy or irritate.
- To complain.
- To stop.
- A town in central Asturias, northern Spain
- A promontory or headland. See ness
- A cape at the southern tip of Norway (also known as The Lindesnes)
- The tongue or pole of a cart or other vehicle drawn by two animals.
- Low; lowest; the ebb or lowest point of a tide.
- Designating a tide which occurs just after the first and third quarters of the moon, when there is least difference between high tide and low tide.
- To trap a ship (or ship and crew) in water too shallow to move, due to the smaller tidal range occurring in a period of neap tides.
- to ooze, to sink, to subside, to tail
- A neap tide.
- A bull or cow.
- Cattle collectively.
- Vegetarian or Vegan meat
- Clean, tidy; free from dirt or impurities.
- Free from contaminants; unadulterated, undiluted. Particularly of liquor and cocktails; see usage below.
- Conditions with a liquid reagent or gas performed with no standard solvent or cosolvent.
- With all deductions or allowances made; net.
- Having a simple elegance or style; clean, trim, tidy, tasteful.
- Well-executed or delivered; clever, skillful, precise.
- Good, excellent, desirable.
- An artificial intelligence researcher who believes that solutions should be elegant, clear and provably correct. Compare
- The part of body connecting the head and the trunk found in humans and some animals.
- The corresponding part in some other anatomical contexts.
- The part of a shirt, dress etc., which fits a person's neck.
- The tapered part of a bottle toward the opening.
- The slender tubelike extension atop an archegonium, through which the sperm swim to reach the egg.
- The extension of any stringed instrument on which a fingerboard is mounted
- A long narrow tract of land projecting from the main body, or a narrow tract connecting two larger tracts.
- A reduction in size near the end of an object, formed by a groove around it.
- The constriction between the root and crown of a tooth.
- The gorgerin of a capital.
- The small part of a gun between the chase and the swell of the muzzle.
- To hang by the neck; strangle; kill, eliminate
- To make love; to snog; to intently kiss or cuddle; to canoodle.
- To drink rapidly.
- To decrease in diameter.
- a large, mostly evergreen tree from India, whose seeds yield the insecticide azadirachtin.
- The swede (rutabaga), called "turnip" in Scotland.
- The central region of Saudi Arabia.
- Soft; tender; sensitive; yielding.
- Delicate; weak; poor-spirited; susceptible to cold weather, harsh conditions etc.
- Soft; friable; crumbly.
- To make soft, tender, or weak.
- To act timidly.
- Nasal irrigation performed using a neti pot as part of Hatha yoga.
- A corner; a nook. A fairy fiddler frae the neuk, [nook] - "Robert Burns", by William Allan Neilson (1917)
- A bend (e.g. in a coast) …the fleet, after exploring the harbours, had doubled the East Neuk, passed safely through St Andrews Bay, and entered the Firth of Tay. --Chronicles of Strathearn (1896) - Rev. John Hunter.
- A small lizard-like amphibian in the family Salamandridae that lives in the water as an adult.
- Following in a sequence.
- Being closer to the present location than all other items.
- Nearest following (of date, time, space or order).
- Following in a hypothetical sequence of some kind.
- The one immediately following the current or most recent one
- Closest to seven days (one week) in the future.
- In a time, place or sequence closest or following.
- On the first subsequent occasion,
- On the side of; next to.
- The one that follows after this one.
- An important or self-important person.
- a jack turned up by the dealer. (see also nob)
- town on the river Rupel in the southwest of the Belgian province of Antwerp.
- A bad smell.
- To smell bad; to stink.
- in Oceania. Official name: Republic of Niue.
- spelling of (female water-elf)
- НКВД (Naródnyi Komissariát Vnútrennikh Del) — the People’s Commissariat for Internal Affairs — the Soviet secret police, forerunner of the KGB
- A MOSFET with an n-type channel (a semiconductor doped with an element creating a surplus of electron carriers).
- A figure in Abrahamic religions, believed to have built an ark to save his family and members of each species of animal from the Great Flood.
- The 71st sura (chapter) of the Qur'an.
- of; shark.
- A short fibre left over from combing wool or spinning silk during the preparation of textile yarns. Sometimes it is referred to as 'Raw Silk', although this is somewhat of a misnomer.
- A gangrenous disease leading to tissue destruction of the face, especially the mouth and cheek.
- A small corner formed by two walls; an alcove.
- A hidden or secluded spot.
- An English unit of land area, originally ¼ of a yardland but later 12½ or 20 acres.
- Food; a light meal or snack.
- To eat a snack or light meal.
- To perform fellatio (on); to blow.
- prying, inquisitive or curious in other’s affairs; tending to snoop or meddle
- A look at something to satisfy one's curiosity.
- A word that can be used to refer to a person, animal, place, thing, phenomenon, substance, quality, or idea; one of the basic parts of speech in many languages, including English.
- Either a word that can be used to refer to a person, animal, place, thing, phenomenon, substance, quality or idea, or a word that modifies or describes a previous word or its referent; a substantive or adjective, sometimes also including other parts of speech such as numeral or pronoun.
- To convert a word to a noun.
- The mind or intellect, reason, both rational and emotional
- In Neoplatonism, the divine reason, regarded as first divine emanation.
- Common sense; practical intelligence.
- Naught, nothing.
- Naught, nothing.
- Naught, nothing.
- An ox.
- A herd of cattle.
- A dumb, crass, or clumsy person, or a person who is difficult or stubborn.
- National Railway Adjustment Board.
- Without clothing or other covering of the skin; without clothing on the genitals or female nipples.
- Of a color (such as beige or tan) that evokes bare flesh.
- A painting, sculpture, photograph or other artwork or mass-media-reproduced image depicting one or more human figure(s) in a state of near or total undress.
- The state of total nudity.
- Without the power of sensation and motion or feeling; insensible.
- Not able to react, surprised, shocked.
- Causing numbness.
- To cause to become numb.
- A Russian no; a negative response.
- A mythical land in Greek Mythology.
- a main belt asteroid.
- The sound made by a pig, or an imitation thereof.
- Of a pig or in imitation thereof, to make its characteristic sound.
- An extraordinary individual.
- A small marble of little worth in children's games.
- A conker that has won one match.
- Alone in a category.
- Singularly superior; the best.
- Without sibling; without a sibling of the same gender.
- Without others or anything further; exclusively.
- No more than; just.
- As recently as.
- Above all others; particularly.
- Under the condition that; but.
- But; except.
- An only child.
- A banded variety of chalcedony, a cryptocrystalline form of quartz.
- A jet-black color, named after the gemstone.
- A cryptid, said to be a feline similar to a cougar.
- not closed; accessible; unimpeded
- Not drawn together, closed, or contracted; extended; expanded.
- Actively conducting or prepared to conduct business.
- Candid, ingenuous, not subtle in character.
- Having a free variable.
- Which is part of a predefined collection of subsets of <math>X</math>, that defines a topological space on <math>X</math>.
- Whose first and last vertices are different.
- In current use; mapped to part of memory.
- Not fulfilled.
- Not settled or adjusted; not decided or determined; not closed or withdrawn from consideration.
- Without any fingers pressing the string against the fingerboard.
- Not of a quality to prevent communication, as by closing waterways, blocking roads, etc.; hence, not frosty or inclement; mild; used of the weather or the climate.
- Uttered with a relatively wide opening of the articulating organs; said of vowels.
- Uttered, as a consonant, with the oral passage simply narrowed without closure.
- That ends in a vowel; not having a coda.
- Made public, usable with a free licence.
- Resulting from an incision, puncture or any other process by which the skin no longer protects an internal part of the body.
- To make something accessible or remove an obstacle to its being accessible.
- To bring up (a topic).
- To make accessible to customers or clients.
- To start (a campaign).
- To become open.
- To begin conducting business.
- To enter upon; to begin.
- To begin a side's innings as one of the first two batsmen.
- To bet before any other player has in a particular betting round in a game of poker.
- To reveal one's hand.
- To load into memory for viewing or editing.
- To spread; to expand into an open or loose position.
- To disclose; to reveal; to interpret; to explain.
- A sports event in which anybody can compete; as, the Australian Open.
- a wire that is broken midway.
- (with the) Open or unobstructed space; an exposed location.
- (with the) Public knowledge or scrutiny; full view.
- name of origin, possibly derived from Eugene, cognate to Gaelic Eòghan.
- derived from the given name.
- from the Gaelic Mac Eoghain.
- A town in South Australia
- A town in Baden-Württemberg, Germany
- A town in Indiana
- A city in Wisconsin
- The (often spherical) end of the head of a hammer opposite the main hammering end.
- To shape metal by striking it, especially with a peen.
- To hang down.
- To arch over (something); to vault.
- To hang; to depend.
- An archway; especially, a vaulted passageway leading through a tenement-style building from the main street, giving access to the rear of the building or an internal courtyard.
- To pen; to confine.
- To consider pending; to delay or postpone (something).
- oil cake
- Of, pertaining to, or having many pines
- a cone shaped spool or bobbin on which thread or yarn is wound used most often for weaving
- A hill in Athens, the meeting-place of the democratic assembly in Ancient Greece.
- A city of Peru, in the southwest of the country by Lake Titicaca
- A new pupil at a school etc.; a junior student.
- A younger person.
- A beginner, a novice.
- An inferior person; a subordinate.
- Of inferior size, strength or significance.
- small, weak, not effective.
- An albuminoid constituent of pus, related to mucin, possibly a mixture of substances rather than a single body.
- A stanza of Irish poetry.
- A criticism done by ranting.
- A wild, emotional, and sometimes incoherent articulation.
- A type of dance step usually performed in clogs, and particularly (but not exclusively) associated with the English North West Morris tradition. The rant step consists of alternately bringing one foot across and in front of the other and striking the ground, with the other foot making a little hop.
- To speak or shout at length in an uncontrollable anger.
- To criticize by ranting.
- To dance rant steps.
- (the runs) Diarrhea/diarrhoea
- The smallest animal of a litter.
- The smallest child in the family, as in "the runt of the family".
- Undersized or stunted plant, animal or person.
- An Ethernet packet that does not meet the medium's minimum packet size of 64 bytes.
- A single word (or portion of a hyphenated word) that appears as the last line of a paragraph.
- A breed of pigeon related to the carrier pigeon.
- A hardened stem or stalk of a plant.
- A piece of iron crossing the hole in the upper millstone, by which the stone is supported on the spindle.
- To examine sequentially, part by part.
- To create a digital copy of an image using a scanner.
- To look about for.
- To fit or conform to a specific meter.
- To mount by steps; to go through with step by step.
- An instance of scanning.
- The result or output of a scanning process.
Possible word length