Page 1 from 52
Total results: 53756
- Basal metabolic rate.
- Materials recovery facility (or materials reclamation facility, materials recycling facility, multi-reuse facility): a waste recycling plant.
- Metals retention factor.
- Bosom, lap.
- Foam rising upon beer, or other malt liquors, when fermenting, and used as leaven in making bread and in brewing; yeast.
- A small, flat, round individual loaf or roll of bread.
- To spurge; foam
- A short, vertical, swollen underground stem of a plant (usually one of the monocots) that serves as a storage organ to enable the plant to survive winter or other adverse conditions such as drought.
- Morose, stern, surly, sullen.
- Low, deep in the throat; guttural
- Someone who uses instant messaging.
- A mixed earthy substance, consisting of carbonate of lime, clay, and possibly sand, in very variable proportions, and accordingly designated as calcareous, clayey, or sandy.
- To cover, as part of a rope, with marline, marking a peculiar hitch at each turn to prevent unwinding.
- madam; a polite term of address for a lady.
- Relating to a mire; swampy, boggy.
- Omar bin al-Khattab, second Islamic caliph and a companion of Muhammad.
- An inclined surface that connects two levels; an incline.
- A road that connects a freeway to a surface street or another freeway.
- A mobile staircase that is attached to the doors of an aircraft at an airport
- A large parking area in an airport for aircraft, for loading and unloading or for storage (see also apron)
- A construction used to do skating tricks, usually in the form of part of a pipe.
- A speed bump
- To behave violently; to rage.
- To spring; to leap; to bound, rear, or prance; to move swiftly or violently.
- To climb, like a plant; to creep up.
- To stand in a rampant position.
- To change value, often at a steady rate
- An American plant, related to the onion; a wild leek.
- A promiscuous man or woman; a general insult for a worthless person.
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
- To wander or travel freely and with no specific destination.
- To use a network or service from different locations or devices.
- To range or wander over.
- To play about roughly, energetically or boisterously.
- (Often used with down) To press forcefully, to encourage vehemently, to oppress.
- To win easily.
- To engage in playful or boisterous sex.
- A period of boisterous play, a frolic.
- A bout of playful or boisterous sex.
- A girl who indulges in boisterous play; a tomboy.
- Brimming, full to the brim.
- Brimming, full to the brim.
- psoriasis of the tongue
- One who aims; one who is responsible for aiming.
- A bookcase; a library or archive.
- A storehouse. (Especially a niche or recess in a wall used for storage.)
- A pantry, or place to store food.
- A cupboard or storage area in a church to hold books, communion vessels, vestments, etc.; an armarium.
- As if dead; lifeless; spiritless; dejected; depressed.
- name, today often transferred back from the surname.
- the father of Moses (biblical figure)
- Equipped, especially with a weapon.
- Prepared for use; loaded.
- Furnished with whatever serves to add strength, force, or efficiency.
- Having an arm or arms, often of a specified number or type.
- Possessing arms of a specified number or type.
- Coloured in a different tincture from the beast or bird itself.
- A type of mediaeval full-face helmet
- A bracelet.
- An ancient astronomical instrument, having either one ring placed in the plane of the equator for determining the time of the equinoxes (an equinoctial armil) or two or more rings, one in the plane of the meridian, for observing the solstices (a solstitial armil).
- containing barm, i.e. froth from fermented yeast
- odd, strange.
- To mar about or all over; injure seriously.
- A European fresh-water cyprinoid fish of the genus Abramis, little valued as food. Several species are known.
- A species in that genus, Abramis brama.
- An American fresh-water fish, of various species of Lepomis and allied genera, which are also called sunfishes and pondfishes.
- A marine sparoid fish of the genus Pagellus, and allied genera. See sea bream.
- To clean (e.g. a ship's bottom of clinging shells, seaweed, etc.) by the application of fire and scraping.
- A shot in which the ball struck with the cue comes in contact with two or more balls on the table; a hitting of two or more balls with the player's ball.
- A billiard-like Indian game in which players take turns flicking checker-like pieces into one of four goals on the corners of (one meter by one meter square) board.
- To make a carom
- To strike and bounce back; to strike (something) and rebound.
- An object, act or words believed to have magic power (usually carries a positive connotation).
- The ability to persuade, delight or arouse admiration; often constructed in the plural.
- A quantum number of hadrons determined by the quantity of charm quarks & antiquarks.
- A small trinket on a bracelet or chain, etc., traditionally supposed to confer luck upon the wearer.
- seduce, persuade or fascinate someone or something.
- To use a magical charm upon; to subdue, control, or summon by incantation or supernatural influence.
- To protect with, or make invulnerable by, spells, charms, or supernatural influences.
- To make music upon.
- To subdue or overcome by some secret power, or by that which gives pleasure; to allay; to soothe.
- The mixed sound of many voices, especially of birds or children.
- A flock, group (especially of finches).
- Collective noun for goldfinch.
- A din or confused noise, as of many voices, birdsong, etc.
- To chirp or to make a mournful cry, as a bird does.
- A painful contraction of a muscle which cannot be controlled.
- That which confines or contracts; a restraint; a shackle; a hindrance.
- A clamp for carpentry or masonry.
- A piece of wood having a curve corresponding to that of the upper part of the instep, on which the upper leather of a boot is stretched to give it the requisite shape.
- (of a muscle) To contract painfully and uncontrollably.
- To prohibit movement or expression.
- To restrain to a specific physical position, as if with a cramp.
- To fasten or hold with, or as if with, a cramp.
- To bind together; to unite.
- To form on a cramp.
- A specific act committed in violation of the law.
- The practice or habit of committing crimes.
- criminal acts collectively.
- Any great wickedness or sin; iniquity.
- That which occasions crime.
- To commit crime(s).
- Easily crumbled; friable; brittle.
- Weak; inconsistent; contradictory.
- A fastener or a fastening method that secures parts by bending metal around a joint and squeezing it together, often with a tool that adds indentations to capture the parts.
- A coal broker.
- One who decoys or entraps men into the military or naval service.
- A keeper of a low lodging house where sailors and emigrants are entrapped and fleeced.
- A hairstyle which has been crimped, or shaped so it bends back and forth in many short kinks.
- A card game.
- To fasten by bending metal so that it squeezes around the parts to be fastened.
- To pinch and hold; to seize.
- To style hair into a crimp.
- To join the edges of food products.
- An agent who procures seamen, soldiers, etc., especially by seducing, decoying, entrapping, or impressing them.
- One who infringes sub-section 1 of the Merchant Shipping Act of 1854, applied to a person other than the owner, master, etc., who engages seamen without a license from the Board of Trade.
- To impress (seamen or soldiers); to entrap, to decoy.
- To linger; to stay; to tarry
- To delay; to pause; to suspend proceedings or judgment in view of a doubt or difficulty; to hesitate; to put off the determination or conclusion of an affair.
- To scruple or object; to take exception; to oppose; to balk
- To interpose a demurrer.
- To suspend judgment concerning; to doubt of or hesitate about
- To cause delay to; to put off
- Stop; pause; hesitation as to proceeding; suspense of decision or action; scruple.
- Imaginary events seen in the mind while sleeping.
- A hope or wish.
- A visionary scheme; a wild conceit; an idle fancy.
- To see imaginary events in one's mind while sleeping.
- To hope, to wish.
- To daydream.
- To envision as an imaginary experience (usually when asleep).
- To consider the possibility (of).
- name transferred back from the surname in the 19th century U.S.
- A city in Missouri.
- A borough in New Jersey.
- A town in Oklahoma.
- A person who provides personal guidance and assistance to ham radio enthusiasts
- To enclose (as though behind bars); to imprison.
- To prohibit, debar (someone from doing something).
- variant of Emery.
- name, in modern use transferred back from the surname.
- To arm; to provide with weapons.
- Erasable programmable read-only memory.
- resembling or reminiscent of a farm.
- The principal rafters of a roof, especially a pair of rafters taken together.
- social outsider, misfit, loser, usually restricted to males
- Strange; foreign; alien; outlandish; far off or away; distant.
- Not akin; unrelated.
- Out of the ordinary; unusual; strange, weird.
- Wild; untamed.
- stranger; guest
- an enmity
- A frumpy person, somebody who is unattractive, drab or dowdy.
- The clothes that such a person would wear.
- To insult; to flout; to mock; to snub.
- A person who plays any kind of game.
- A person whose hobby is video games.
- A person who games the system.
- A fish sauce popular in Ancient Rome.
- That carries germs.
- Grandpa, grandfather.
- Stained or covered with grime.
- From the urban musical genre called grime.
- A Roman surveying instrument having plumb lines hanging from four arms at right angles.
- A thick semisolid
- A clot (of blood)
- A habitually grumpy or complaining person.
- To complain.
- To be grumpy.
- The exclusion of a person from the Jewish community.
- A king of Tyre.
- name, taken into use by Puritans in the seventeenth century.
- A city in Utah, United States.
- name associated with
- The state of ritual purity and dedication of a Muslim hajj pilgrim to Mecca.
- The clothing worn on such a pilgrimage; one length of cotton cloth around the loins and another thrown over the left shoulder.
- Without spines or thorns; inermous.
- A large vessel for drinking (usually alcoholic beverages).
- A large quantity.
- The contents, or quantity of the contents, of such a vessel.
- A kind of dog kept on a lead; a bloodhound; a mongrel.
- Someone who limes; someone who uses bird-lime or who limewashes.
- Someone who hangs around the streets; someone hanging out.
- A member of an Indian community found largely within Maharashtra and historically identified as untouchables.
- a Polynesian sacred altar or enclosure
- The courtyard of a Maori wharenui or meeting-house and the buildings around it.
- Sulky or whining.
- Non-co-operative, bad-tempered or terse in communication.
- A sulky, whiny mood; a fit of petulance.
- An ornamental binding material with a variegated grain, made from scraps of coloured leather mixed in a resin, compressed, and dried.
- Containing or resembling marl.
- A bitter vegetable, such as horseradish or romaine lettuce, eaten at the Passover seder as a reminder of the bitterness of slavery in Egypt.
- To enter into the conjugal or connubial state; to take a husband or a wife.
- To be joined (someone) as spouse according to law or custom.
- To arrange for the marriage of; to give away as wife or husband.
- To take as husband or wife.
- To unite; to join together into a close union.
- To unite in wedlock or matrimony; to perform the ceremony of joining spouses; to bring about a marital union according to the laws or customs of a place.
- To place (two ropes) alongside each other so that they may be grasped and hauled on at the same time.
- To join (two ropes) end to end so that both will pass through a block.
- A pet name for Martha.
- name,or less often, of
- great, awesome, brilliant
- In Indian music, the smallest rhythmic unit of a tala.
- In Indian poetics and linguistics, a measure of the length of a syllable; equivalent to mora.
- The characteristic horizontal line drawn above characters in the Devanagari script.
- An intra-syllabic vowel symbol in Indic scripts.
- A thumb piano, a musical instrument having a small sound box fitted with a row of tuned tabs that are plucked with the thumbs, originating among the Shona of southern Africa; any type of plucked lamellophone of the same type as the Shona instrument.
- To combine into a whole.
- To combine into a whole.
- To blend gradually into something else.
- The joining together of multiple sources.
- The proximal segment of the hind limb; the thigh.
- The plain surface between the channels of a triglyph.
- name, a variant of Muriel.
- A large gazelle native to the Sahara desert, formerly
- Someone who mimes during a performance of a song
- The pesticide and fire retardant perchloropentacyclodecane, which is a persistent, bioaccumulative, and toxic pollutant.
- Any insect of the family , a plant bug.
- The emotion usually following humour and accompanied by laughter; merriment; jollity; gaiety.
- That which causes merriment.
- A binary star in the constellation Ursa Major; Zeta (ζ) Ursae Majoris.
- The currency of the Kingdom of Nepal and adjoining parts of Videha from the late 17th century until 1932, subdivided into dams.
- a Persian gold coin
- a gold coin of British India whose value was fifteen rupees
- A back tooth having a broad surface used for grinding one's food.
- Of or relating to the molar teeth, or to grinding.
- Of, relating to, or being a solution containing one mole of solute per litre of solution.
- Of or relating to a complete body of matter as distinct from its molecular or atomic constituents.
- Any member of the Monera.
- variant of Monroe.
- Resembling a moor; swampy; boggy.
- A kind of blue cloth made in India.
- One who mopes or is inclined to do so.
- An ancient drink resembling mead, made with mulberries.
- Any of several edible mushrooms, especially the or
- Any of several fungi in the genus Morchella, the upper part of which is covered with a reticulated and pitted hymenium.
- A bugbear; false terror.
- A genre of Cape Verdean music.
- A short form of the male given name Mortimer.
- To express sadness or sorrow for; to grieve over (especially a death).
- Sorrow, grief.
- A ring fitted upon the head of a lance to prevent wounding an adversary in tilting.
- Someone who or something which moves.
- A dancer.
- A person employed to help people move from one residence to another.
- A pointed end, often sharp, abruptly terminating an organ, such as a projection at the tip of a leaf; the posterior tip of a cuttlebone; or the distal part of the furcula in Collembola.
- Either of two milkweed-like shrubs, which yield a strong fibre and an acrid milky juice used medicinally:
- Calotropis gigantea (crown flower,
- Calotropis procera (apple of Sodom)
- A large painting, usually drawn on a wall.
- Of or relating to a wall; on, or in, or against a wall.
- Resembling a wall; perpendicular or steep.
- To create a mural.
- any member of the Muroidea superfamily of rodents
- Any seabird of the genus Uria in the family Alcidae (the auks).
- One of the hereditary nobility among the Tatars, especially one of the second class.
- An itinerant player on the musette, a musical instrument formerly common in Europe.
- Something that mutes sound.
- A lake on the border between Zambia and Congo.
- A red-brown resinous material, the dried sap of a tree of the species Commiphora myrrha.
- One who names, or calls by name.
- A province of Wallonia, Belgium.
- The capital city of Wallonia.
- Namur islet, Kwajalein atoll, Marshall Islands.
- A flat-bottomed boat.
- The king of Troy during the Iliad
- To spend time improving one's appearance, often in front of a mirror.
- A polyhedron with parallel ends of the same size and shape, the other faces being parallelogram-shaped sides.
- A transparent block in the shape of a prism (typically with triangular ends), used to split or reflect light.
- A crystal in which the faces are parallel to the vertical axis.
- An introduction, preface or preamble.
- an interview or monologue intended to promote a character or an upcoming match.
- To promote; to publicize.
- A Jewish festival, celebrated on the 14th day of Adar, commemorating the deliverance of the Persian Jews from a massacre.
- Of or pertaining to a ramus, or branching
- Having the frames, stem, and sternpost adjusted; — said of a ship on the stocks.
- A clone (individual member of a genet).
- A hernia, varicocele, or any scrotal tumor.
- a municipality in Germany (coordinates: 53°24′N 14°17′E)
- Of a food, taste, odour etc.: like a ram; pungent, rank.
- Frisky, lecherous.
- An abstract sphere of influence, real or imagined.
- The domain of a certain abstraction.
- A scope of operation in networking or security.
- A territory or state, as ruled by a specific power, especially by a king.
- An otherworldly dimension or domain — magical, ethereal, or otherwise — usually in reference to one ruled or created by a mystical character.
- To replace or restore the weapons or arms of a previously defeated, or disarmed army, country, person or other body.
- A kind of dry fruit, consisting of three or more cells, each of which eventually breaks open at the inner angle.
- To supply (a garment, etc.) with a new hem.
- To supply with new personnel.
- To assign differently; to relabel or repurpose.
- To map again.
- a quill
- the flight feather of a bird
- A rearrangement of an older piece of music, possibly including various cosmetic changes.
- A piece of music formed by combining existing pieces of music together, possibly including various other cosmetic changes
- To mix again.
- To create a remix
- To rearrange or radically alter a particular piece of music
- A city/village in North Dakota.
- A rhombus.
- A rhombohedron.
- A line which crosses successive meridians at a constant angle
- One of the 32 points of the compass (compass points)
- A unit of angular measure equal to 1/32 of a circle or 11.25°
- Covered in frost
- A long quirt attached to the end of a set of closed reins that are connected to the bridle of a horse, and used to assist in moving cattle.
- A phonetic alphabet based on the Roman alphabet; a precursor of the International Phonetic Alphabet.
- Broken, as an ordinary; cut off, or broken at the top, as a chevron, a bend, etc.
- Tending to romp; playfully adventurous.
- Spacious, expansive, comfortable.
- In a rum manner; oddly, strangely.
- A statement or claim of questionable accuracy, from no known reliable source, usually spread by word of mouth.
- Information or misinformation of the kind contained in such claims.
- To tell a rumor about; to gossip.
- A Manx cat with virtually no tail, particularly prized among Manx breeders.
- A powerful depilatory fluid made from quicklime and sulphite of arsenic boiled in an alkaline solution.
- A kind of light cotton or linen fabric, often woven in openwork patterns, -- used for curtains, etc,.
- A large military scarf, usually camouflage coloured and used for concealment when not used as a scarf.
- A woven, nonwoven or knitted fabric composted of continuous strands of material used for reinforcing or strengthening membranes.
- A theater drop that appears opaque when a scene in front is lighted and transparent or translucent when a scene in back is lighted.
- Thin canvas glued on the inside of panels to prevent shrinking, checking, etc.
- A practice match between one or more organized teams usually in preparation for a more competitive format, such as a tournament.
- To participate in a scrim.
- To cause to shrink or shrivel with cold; to benumb.
- A woman's loose, long dress or robe.
- A light covering; a scarf.
- Smarmy language or behavior.
- To fawn, to be unctuous.
- To address in a fawning and unctuous manner.
- To spread (a substance, especially one that colours or is dirty) across a surface by rubbing.
- To have a substance smeared on (a surface).
- To damage someone's reputation by slandering, misrepresenting, or otherwise making false accusations about an individual, their statements, or their actions.
- To become spread by smearing.
- To climb without using footholds, using the friction from the shoe to stay on the wall.
- A mark made by smearing.
- A Pap smear.
- A false attack.
- A maneuver in which the shoe is placed onto the holdless rock, and the friction from the shoe keeps it in contact
- A rough glissando in jazz music.
- smart; jaunty; spruce
- An uneven, often crooked smile that is insolent, self-satisfied or scornful.
- A forced or affected smile; a simper.
- To smile in a way that is affected, smug, insolent or contemptuous.
- smart; spruce; affected; simpering
- Semen; the generative substance of male animals.
- The reproductive cell or gamete of the male; a spermatozoon.
- Sperm oil; whale oil from a sperm whale; spermaceti.
- To ejaculate.
- To ejaculate on or into.
Possible word length