Page 1 from 7
Total results: 7024
- Medium density fibreboard.
- of The specialty of medicine, a subspecialty of obstetrics, that deals with high-risk pregnancies.
- Materials recovery facility (or materials reclamation facility, materials recycling facility, multi-reuse facility): a waste recycling plant.
- Metals retention factor.
- MSF time signal, also known as Time from NPL
- of A software tool for video capture and editing, often used to create animations.
- Toilet paper.
- Useless papers; now especially official documents, standardized forms, sales and marketing print material etc.
- A substance composed of a large collection of bubbles or their solidified remains.
- a manufactured substance, e.g. polystyrene foam. See also derived terms.
- Sea foam; the sea.
- To form or emit foam.
- To spew saliva as foam, to foam at the mouth.
- Producing, or filled with fumes
- A small argument, quarrel.
- A state of being offended.
- to offend slightly
- to become slightly offended
- In a foaming state.
- In a foaming state.
- The leaves of an orchid (Angraecum fragrans) of the islands of Bourbon and Mauritius, used in France as a substitute for Chinese tea.
- Having fame; famous or noted.
- An obsolete currency used in India. See Wikipedia:Madras fanam for more information.
- resembling or reminiscent of a farm.
- A city in Egypt, and the associated region.
- Resembling or made of a thin film; gauzy
- Covered by (or as if by) a film; hazy
- The principal rafters of a roof, especially a pair of rafters taken together.
- flaming, blazing
- flamelike, flame-colored
- composed of flame
- A sharp instrument used to open a vein, to lance gums, or the like.
- The watercourse or runoff from a mill; millstream
- A large trench or gully cut into a meadow in order to drain it
- One who is banished; an exile; outcast; fugitive.
- To drive away, chase off; to banish.
- A ravine or gorge, usually one with water running through.
- An open channel or trough used to direct or divert liquids.
- To move or fall heavily, or with a dull sound.
- To drop something heavily or with a dull sound.
- The dull sound so produced.
- Any substance supposed to be capable of absorbing, retaining, and transporting contagious or infectious germs.
- social outsider, misfit, loser, usually restricted to males
- Strange; foreign; alien; outlandish; far off or away; distant.
- Not akin; unrelated.
- Out of the ordinary; unusual; strange, weird.
- Wild; untamed.
- stranger; guest
- an enmity
- A frumpy person, somebody who is unattractive, drab or dowdy.
- The clothes that such a person would wear.
- To insult; to flout; to mock; to snub.
- A type of concentrated food stock that is added to sauces to enhance their flavour. Variations are fish fumet and mushroom fumet.
- A ragout of partridge and rabbit braised in wine.
- form of (stench or high flavour of meat)
- The dung of deer.
- Smoky, vaporous.
- Describing rocks, such as silicate minerals, magmas, and volcanic and intrusive igneous rocks, which contain relatively high concentrations of magnesium and iron.
- A rock with such properties.
- In China, someone who looks after horses in a stable; a groom.
- form of (person of mixed parentage)
- Easily irritated or offended.
- A recurring or dominant element; a theme.
- A short melodic passage that is repeated in several parts of a work.
- A decorative figure that is repeated in a design or pattern.
- A decorative appliqué design or figure, as of lace or velvet, used in trimming.
- The physical object or objects repeated at each point of a lattice. Usually atoms or molecules.
- A basic element of a move in terms of why the piece moves and how it supports the fulfilment of a stipulation.
- In a nucleotide or amino-acid sequence, pattern that is widespread and has, or is conjectured to have, a biological significance.
- A slow match for firing a charge of powder, as in blasting; a fuse.
- To agree, verify or concur; to answer positively.
- To assert positively; to tell with confidence; to aver; to maintain as true.
- To support or encourage.
- To make firm; to confirm, or ratify; especially to assert or confirm, as a judgment, decree, or order, brought before an appellate court for review.
- in flames, on fire, flaming, with flames coming from it
- showing anger or contempt
- Full of purpose.
- The amount an arm or arms can hold.
- Having two distinct forms
- A confection consisting of a nut, seed or fruit coated with sugar.
- To preserve dry with sugar.
- A computerised image of a suspect produced for the police force.
- To disgrace; to bring into disrepute.
- To charge; to accuse (someone) of an offence.
- To harm or diminish the reputation of; to disparage.
- Disgrace, dishonour.
- Defamation; slander, libel.
- To remove the foam from.
- To change the form of, negatively.
- To change the looks of, negatively; to disfigure.
- To mar the character of.
- To alter the shape of by stress.
- To become misshapen or changed in shape.
- Deformed, misshapen.
- To divide (the heavens) into different astrological houses.
- To tame; to domesticate.
- To breathe or puff out.
- The world or realm of elves.
- Somebody's own act and deed.
- Anything stated and made certain.
- The due execution of a will, including everything necessary to its validity.
- A statement of fact and law delivered before a court
- The product, in multiplication.
- An arbitrary contradiction, denoted ⊥.
- A hand.
- To stammer.
- To starve (to death); to kill or destroy with hunger.
- To exhaust the strength or endurance of, by hunger; to distress with hunger.
- To kill, or to cause to suffer extremity, by deprivation or denial of anything necessary.
- To force or constrain by famine.
- To die of hunger; to starve.
- To suffer extreme hunger or thirst, so as to be exhausted in strength, or to come near to perish.
- To suffer extremity from deprivation of anything essential or necessary.
- Well known.
- In the public eye.
- To make famous; to bring renown to.
- The fans of a sport, activity, work, person etc., taken as a group.
- The subculture of fans.
- The state, quality, or condition of being a fan
- an X-linked recessive genetic condition that predisposes a person to hemolysis and resultant jaundice in response to certain triggers.
- Belonging to the sex which typically produces eggs and/or, in mammals, has XX chromosomes.
- Belonging to the feminine gender
- Feminine; of the feminine grammatical gender.
- Having an internal socket, as in a connector or pipe fitting.
- One of the female (feminine) sex or gender.
- A human member of the feminine sex or gender.
- An animal of the sex that produces eggs.
- A plant which produces only that kind of reproductive organ capable of developing into fruit after impregnation or fertilization; a pistillate plant.
- A female host of a television show.
- A female rapper.
- A (male) inhabitant of the fens.
- A particular fungicide.
- Any of various remedies made from iron-containing compounds.
- A juggler's trick; conjuring.
- Covered with a film.
- (in compounds) Covered with a film of (a specified type or substance).
- One who films with a camera.
- One who copies media to microfilm.
- Of or relating to movies; cinematic.
- To fumble; do (anything) imperfectly or irresolutely
- the male hemp plant
- A physical exercise or cosmetic product intended to firm part of the body.
- A thin chisel with a tang to enter the handle instead of a socket for receiving it.
- In a firm or definite or strong manner.
- Cooked or seared over open flames.
- Of or pertaining to an undulating pattern of wood grain, which resembles flames.
- A very flamboyant ("flaming"), effeminate gay male.
- One who flames, or posts vitriolic criticism.
- One who, or that which, banishes or expels.
- Likely to bend or break under pressure; weak, shaky, flexible, or fragile.
- Thin typing paper used to make multiple copies.
- Skimpy underwear.
- Someone who drives a fly-coach.
- Someone who operates a fly system in a theatre.
- An obsessive railfan.
- A device that foams or froths liquid.
- An enemy; a foe in battle; an armed or unarmed adversary; a demon
- A state of obscurity; confusion; absence of clarity.
- A leaf, especially a thin leaf or plate.
- A curve of the third order, consisting of two infinite branches having a common asymptote. The curve has a double point, and a leaf-shaped loop.
- A city in California.
- A village in Louisiana.
- A borough in New Jersey.
- A village in New Mexico.
- A in Pennsylvania.
- To incite or cause troublesome acts; to encourage; to instigate.
- To apply a poultice to; to bathe with a cloth or sponge.
- a coastal town within Sefton borough, Merseyside, England. Formerly in Lancashire.
- First of aforementioned two items. Used with often without a noun.
- Someone who forms something; a maker; a creator or founder.
- An object used to form something, such as a template, gauge, or cutting die.
- Someone in, or of, a certain form (class).
- Of or pertaining to ants.
- Of, pertaining to or derived from formic acid (or from methane).
- Any of a group of proteins involved in the polymerization of actin which associate with the fast-growing barbed end of an actin filament
- A 10% solution of formaldehyde in water.
- The univalent radical -CHO, derived from formaldehyde, that is characteristic of aldehydes
- An old English unit of weight of 70 pounds, used particularly for lead
- A person who makes frames for paintings.
- A person who assembles the timbers of a wood-framed building.
- A person who writes a new law.
- A person who frames another, attempting to have them convicted of a crime they did not commit.
- A person who embeds another person's web pages in an HTML frame, so that they misleadingly appear to be part of the framing site.
- Dowdy, unkempt, or unfashionable.
- Ill- or bad-tempered.
- To idly touch or nervously handle
- To grope awkwardly in trying to find something
- To blunder uncertainly.
- To grope about in perplexity; to seek awkwardly.
- To drop a ball or a baton etc.
- To handle much; to play childishly; to turn over and over.
- A ball etc. that has been dropped
- With fumes or smoke.
- That fumes.
- Very angry.
- The act of one who fumes or shows suppressed anger.
- Pertaining to fumes or smoke.
- A hinny; hybrid of male horse and female donkey.
- Of or resembling fumes or smoke.
- A vertical rectangular sliding panel, often painted or decorated, used in Japan as a door or movable wall.
- A black person.
- Something average; a mediocre thing or person, especially a jazz musician.
- To convert into humus
- The state of being infamous.
- A reputation as being evil.
- To cover with a film; to coat thinly.
- Weak or ill, not in good health.
- Irresolute; weak of mind or will.
- Frail; unstable; insecure.
- To contradict, to provide proof that something is not.
- To make wet or moist.
- The person who reads the Haftarah and the last few lines of the parashah.
- The last few lines of the parashah that are read by the person who will read the Haftarah.
- Poorly fed; malnourished.
- Showing the characteristics considered typical of a man; macho or manly
- Courageous; noble; high-minded.
- Any of the many fragile insects of the order Ephemeroptera, that develop in fresh water and live very briefly as winged adults.
- A small fruit fly, native to the Mediterranean.
- Somewhat indignant, irritated, angry, put out or annoyed.
- To make smaller.
- To reduce in apparent size, as for example objects viewed through a lens or mirror shaped so as to increase the field of view, such as a convex or aspheric mirror or a Fresnel lens
- To remove white space and unnecessary characters from a web page's source code in order to reduce its size and improve download time.
- a yellow supergiant star in the constellation of Perseus.
- An ill-fitting garment.
- A failure to fit well; unsuitability, disparity.
- A badly adjusted person; someone unsuitable or set apart because of their habits, behaviour etc.
- To fit badly.
- To make partial changes to.
- To be or become modified.
- Metal oxide semiconductor field-effect transistor
- As much as a mug will contain.
- To prepare for defence; to fortify.
- To make firm; to harden in resolution.
- To render universal; to enlarge.
- To divide into branches or subdivisions.
- To spread or diversify into multiple fields or categories.
- A denomination in Islam emphasizing mysticism, asceticism and music.
- Not firm; not strong or stable; feeble; infirm.
- To decompose, or resolve into parts; to destroy the form of; to unmake.
- Shaped like a needle.
- Shaped like a wing
- Having wings
- To render larger, more extended, or more intense, and the like;—used especially of loudspeakers, telescopes, microscopes, etc.
- To enlarge by addition or discussion; to treat copiously by adding particulars, illustrations, etc.; to expand; to make much of.
- To increase the amplitude of something, especially of an electric current.
- Beamy; radiant; luminous.
- Filled to maximum capacity.
- The maximum amount a container can hold.
- A large amount.
- an obtuse-angled relief or cut at an edge added for a finished appearance and to break sharp edges
- to cut off the edge or corner of something; to bevel
- to cut a groove in something; to flute
- Collectively, all chefs.
- The state of being a chef.
- Any of several species of perennial herbs of the genus Symphytum, often specifically
- To strengthen; to make firm or resolute.
- To administer the sacrament of confirmation on (someone).
- To assure the accuracy of previous statements.
- To act in accordance with expectations; to behave in the manner of others, especially as a result of social pressure.
- To be in accordance with a set of specifications or regulations, or with a policy or guideline.
- To make similar in form or nature; to make suitable for a purpose; to adapt.
- To damage physically; to injure.
- To cause injuries or loss to.
- conformable to the will of God
- irregular in form; not uniform; anomalous or dissimilar
- To deform or disfigure.
- Full of condemnation or destructive power.
- A garment to keep the ears warm.
- A garment or part worn over a single ear.
- A sound-deadening cup or a pair of such cups worn over the ear or ears.
- according to; in a way that is conformable to
- To enclose in, or as if in, a frame.
- The behaviour of a faddist; following fads.
- A claim that is self-evidently false, commonly used a rhetorical device.
- Of or pertaining to hunger
- A domestic or familiar.
- A close attendant or assistant, especially of a magician or occult scholar.
- a town and borough in Hampshire, England
- The buildings and yards necessary for the business of a farm; a homestead.
- The business of cultivating land, raising stocks etc.
- A farming operation; a farm, or instance of farming on a piece of land.
- Pertaining to the agricultural business.
- Raising livestock or fish.
- Most distant; farthest.
- a town in western Surrey, England.
- A member of a Muslim dynasty in North Africa and Egypt (Approx CE 900-1200).
- An artistic movement of the last part of the 19th century which emphasized spontaneity and the use of extremely bright colors.
- of and Jewish origin.
- Of or pertaining to women, femininity or feminism
- The holding of a note or rest for longer than its usual duration; also the notation of such a prolongation, usually represented as a dot with a semi-circle above it, written above the prolonged note or rest.
- To react, using fermentation; especially to produce alcohol by aging or by allowing yeast to act on sugars; to brew.
- To stir up, agitate, cause unrest or excitement in.
- Something, such as a yeast or barm, that causes fermentation.
- A state of agitation or of turbulent change.
- A gentle internal motion of the constituent parts of a fluid; fermentation.
- A catalyst.
- A benign tumour of fibrous connective tissue.
- the doctrine that faith is the basis of all knowledge
- The estate controlled by a feudal lord; a fief.
- Any organization in the control of a dominant individual.
- A fabrication, fantasy, invention; something fictitious.
- Of the color of a dead or faded leaf: dull brown or yellowish brown.
- The film (movie) industry; the people who work in that industry.
- The action of the verb to film.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of films, movies, or the film industry; cinematic.
- To adapt (a work) into a film.
- To reprocess (a video recording) so that it appears to have been shot on film.
- Any anatomical structure in the form of a fringe, but especially that around the ovarian end of the Fallopian tube.
- hairlike appendage found on the cell surface of many bacteria; used by the bacteria to adhere to one another, to animal cells and to some inanimate objects.
- Of or pertaining to dung
- A personal weapon that uses explosive powder to propel a projectile often made of lead.
- Someone (implied male) who is skilled in the work of fighting fire.
- A man who keeps the fire going underneath a steam boiler (originally, shoveling coal by hand), particularly on a railroad locomotive.
- By extension of the above, an assistant on any locomotive, whether steam-powered or not.
- A relief pitcher.
- A safety inspector in coal mines.
- Of beauty products, intended to make the skin firmer.
- strength; firmness; stability
- Something that suits or fits.
- A thing fitted to another in order to accomplish a specific purpose.
- An item of permanent furniture or equipment.
- The act of furnishing with fitments; an instance of such an act.
- The categorisation of an employee, for the purpose of calculating salary or allowances.
- The proper positioning and orientation of a thing for it to serve its designed purpose.
- A man who carries a flag, especially one used for signalling.
- A worthless thing; a trifle or bauble.
- Debris floating in a river or sea, in particular fragments from a shipwreck.
- To confuse; to fluster; to flabbergast.
- A process that forms foam.
- The principles and conduct of a fogy.
- The state or essence of being a fool.
- an opening, an orifice; a short passage.
- The part of the arm between the wrist and the elbow.
- A section of the weapon between the receiver and the muzzle, used to hold the firearm steady.
- To arm in preparation.
- To melt; melt away; dissolve.
- creative; imaginative
- The act by which something is formed; formation.
- A European polecat; a member of the Mustelidae family.
- The state of being free, of not being imprisoned or enslaved.
- The lack of a specific constraint, or of constraints in general; a state of being free, unconstrained.
- Frankness; openness; unreservedness.
- Improper familiarity; violation of the rules of decorum.
- The nationalist political party of Mozambique, which fought for independence and formed the government after independence in 1975.
- A diver, especially one in a diving suit (as opposed to one in scuba gear).
- A US Navy SEAL.
- To wrinkle; crumple; ruffle; disorder.
- A wrinkle.
- A cone or pyramid whose tip has been truncated by a plane parallel to its base.
- A portion of a sphere delimited by two parallel planes.
- Offensive to good taste, tactless, overzealous, excessive.
- Excessively flattering (connoting insincerity).
- Marked by fullness; abundant; copious.
- Fully developed, mature.
- Of, pertaining to, or derived from fumitory
- Of or pertaining to fumaric acid or its derivatives
- Agent noun of fumble; one who fumbles.
- The stench or high flavour of game or other meat when kept long.
- A very thin cloud resembling a veil, especially one formed of water droplets from a rising plume (from a cooling tower etc)
- A type of grape grown in Hungary, commonly used in tokays.
- A wine made from this grape.
- Full of game or games.
- of a kind likely to be damaging; injurious
- (of a subset) the greatest element of the containing set that is smaller than or equal to all elements of the subset. The infimum may or may not be a member of the subset.
- a city in Texas, USA
- Belief in the principles of left-wing politics.
- A person employed to operate a lift (elevator)
- To celebrate in a boisterous manner.
- To praise, glorify (someone or something, especially God).
- To make (something) larger or more important.
- To make (someone or something) appear greater or more important than it is; to intensify, exaggerate.
- To make (something) appear larger by means of a lens, magnifying glass, telescope etc.
- To have effect; to be of importance or significance.
- masty; producing mast
- An annual two-week-long fair that took place in central London between 1686 and 1764.
- An area of central London named after this fair.
- A common American minnow (
- Causing amazement; wonderful.
- Worthy of meed or reward; deserving; meritorious.
- The male members of a group.
- Male people in general.
- To have mercy on; to pity.
- Mythical creatures that are human from the waist up and fish from the waist down.
- thought to be an occupational name for a herdsman or slaughterer.
- To make verse.
- The middle section of the human torso, from below the chest to above the waist
- A person, usually a woman, who is trained to assist women in childbirth, but who is not a physician.
- Someone who assists in bringing about some result or project.
- To act as a midwife
- to facilitate the emergence of
- Yarrow, Achillea millefolium.
- Any of several similar pungent Eurasian herbs, of the genus Achillea
- Any plants of the genus Myriophyllum; water milfoil.
- A common town name, primarily within the British Isles and New England, often used for settlements with watermills built near fords, including:
- a city in Kent and Sussex Counties, Delaware, USA.
- a borough in Pennsylvania, USA, and county seat of Pike County.
- Enough to fill a mill.
- Being aware ( something); attentive, heedful.
- Inclined (to do something).
- Working wonders; wonderful.
- To befall badly or incorrectly; happen unfortunately (to); mishappen; turn out badly.
- A mishap; accident; bad luck; misfortune.
- To go astray; to transgress, to sin.
- To fare badly; to be unlucky.
- Misfortune, ill fate.
- To file incorrectly; to file in the wrong place or the wrong way.
- An act of misfiring.
- To fail to discharge properly
- To fail to ignite in the proper sequence
- To fail to achieve the anticipated result
- To form badly or wrongly.
- Clouded with, or as with, mist.
- To envelop or shroud in mist.
- Full of moaning; expressing sorrow.
- To ease a burden, particularly worry; make less painful; to comfort.
- To appease (anger), pacify, gain the good will of.
- To soften; to make tender
- To kill.
- To reduce the potency of; to nullify; to deaden, neutralize.
- To kill off (living tissue etc.); to make necrotic.
- To discipline (one's body, appetites etc.) by suppressing desires; to practise abstinence on.
- To embarrass, to humiliate. To injure one's dignity.
- To affect with vexation, chagrin, or humiliation; to humble; to depress.
- To grant in mortmain
- Producing motion.
- Of or relating to a motif or motifs.
- A species of wild sheep, syn. endemic to Sardinia and Corsica.
- Inducing or stimulating the secretion of mucus; blennogenous.
- Secreting mucus.
- Any of many different fish, including:
- Species of
- The bowfin, Amia calva.
- Species of Misgurnus
- Species of
- A type of landslide characterized by large flows of mud and water.
- The dried-out product of such a flow.
- Stifled or covered up; diminished by interference.
- Part of the exhaust pipe of a car that dampens the noise the engine produces.
- A silencer or suppressor fitted to a gun.
- A type of scarf.
- To make into a mummy, by preserving a dead body.
- To become a mummy.
- munificent; liberal
- Meditative; thoughtfully silent.
- To thoroughly confuse, befuddle, or bewilder.
- Concerned with the economic activities of all businesses except agricultural ones.
- Refuse; scum.
- Vile; outcast.
- Capable of making or doing anything; all-creating.
- egg-shaped, having the shape of an egg.
- Enough to fill the palm of one's hand.
- To do something; to execute.
- To do something in front of an audience, often in order to entertain it.
- A fish of family Bramidae, consisting of eight genera and some twenty species.
- Several species of butterfishes in the genus
- An object that has undergone preliminary shaping but is not yet in its final form.
- The rough, incomplete and unused basic form of a stone tool.
- A word that is no longer in use, but has been reconstructed from current ones.
- To shape something before some other operation.
- A man who steers a raft.
- To kindle again into flame; to relight.
- A type of firearm cartridge where the primer is in the back rim, rather than a central primer cap. They are cheap to produce but cannot be reloaded with powder.
- The amount that a room can hold, especially the number of people that can fit into a room.
- The people in a room, considered as a group.
- Abounding with room or rooms; roomy.
- To defeat, vanquish.
- A foam created by the agitation of seawater.
- The practice of focusing concern and effort on the needs of the self.
- An ethical system prescribing such focus.
- Partly physically fit.
- The state of being a serf.
- The feudal system that includes serfs.
- In painting, the application of subtle layers of translucent paint so that there is no visible transition between colors, tones and often objects.
- A taxon below the level of form.
- A secondary window opened from another (parent) window.
- A member of a rescue team using a surf boat.
- Pregnant; prolific.
- At the due time.
- The owner of a toft, or homestead.
- silly or stupid
- a silly or stupid person
- Having three different forms
- The sport of horse racing
- A private domain, especially in academic settings
- A person who goes horse racing, or who owns racehorses
- To take apart or destroy the frame of.
- Not exposed to fumes; not fumigated.
- Full of warmth; warming.
- A male werewolf or lycanthrope.
- Pertaining to air.
- Having a form similar to that of air.
- Light, unsubstantial, or unstable.
- To cause (somebody) to die of hunger; to starve.
- The matzoh eaten at a Passover seder, after dinner.
- In an aimful manner; with fixed purpose.
- The main body and structure of an aircraft (without the powerplant).
- Full of amazement; astonished.
- To treat with ammonia; to ammoniate.
- Any chemical agent that inhibits the formation of foam.
- Resembling water; watery, liquid
- Having the form of a bow (weapon)
- Having the form of the human ear; ear-shaped. An example is the gastropod mollusc abalone, which is also known as the 'ear shell'.
- Having two forms.
- Sensitive or responsive to moral excellence.
- Shaped like an ox.
- A fire at a campground or on a camping trip, often used for cooking, to provide light and heat, to drive away bugs, and as a focal point for sitting around in the evening and talking, telling stories, and singing.
- A shaft fitted with cams; especially one in a piston engine that activates the valves.
- Protective armor for a horse's head, especially the face and ears.
- Abounding with charms.
- An area or region governed by a chief.
- A society larger than a tribe but smaller or simpler than a state.
- Having the form of cilia
- Of or pertaining to the bacteria that inhabit the intestines (especially the colon) of mammals
- Such a bacterium
- An Australasian wrasse, having a comb-like stripe
- Having the form of a cone
- criminal; wicked; illegal
- Having the shape of a cube
- cleft into ten parts
- Any chemical agent used for defoaming.
- Unusual of shape; misshapen.
Possible word length