Page 1 from 108
Total results: 111715
- Very; same.
- A type, race or category; a group of entities that have common characteristics such that they may be grouped together.
- The first letter of the Arabic alphabet:
- A tissue surrounding the seed in certain fruits such as pomegranates.
- The spoiling of someone's score in the crib.
- A deception, a hoax.
- To spoil the score of (someone) in cribbage.
- To do someone out of their due; to deceive or defraud, to cheat (someone).
- Half a coconut shell, used in Fiji as a cup for drinking alcohol.
- To spin.
- To cause (a floating log) to rotate by treading on it.
- A type of grace note movement that quickly switches between low-A and low-G several times, producing a low rippling sound. www.mcnabbs.org - Introduction to Bagpipe Music
- A chunk of cannabis resin.
- A small dot registered on electronic equipment, such as a radar or oscilloscope screen.
- A short sound of a single pitch, usually electronically generated.
- A brief and usually minor aberration or deviation from what is expected or normal.
- As blip out: to skip over or ignore.
- To change state abruptly, such as between off and on or dark and light, sometimes implying motion.
- A localized accumulation of pus in the skin, resulting from infection.
- The point at which fluid begins to change to a vapour.
- A dish of boiled food, especially based on seafood.
- The collective noun for a group of hawks.
- To heat (a liquid) to the point where it begins to turn into a gas.
- To cook in boiling water.
- Of a liquid, to begin to turn into a gas, seethe.
- Said of weather being uncomfortably hot.
- To feel uncomfortably hot. See also seethe.
- To form, or separate, by boiling or evaporation.
- To steep or soak in warm water.
- To be agitated like boiling water; to bubble; to effervesce.
- To be moved or excited with passion; to be hot or fervid.
- To line or finish (a surface, such as a wall), with plaster, stucco, thin boards, or similar.
- To set a higher bound.
- a ceiling
- More usual spelling of sill when used in the context of an underwater horizontal member which forms the base of a lock gate on a canal or river.
- To grip tightly.
- To fasten with a clip.
- To hug, embrace.
- To collect signatures, generally with the use of a clipboard.
- Something which clips or grasps; a device for attaching one object to another.
- An unspecified but normally understood as rapid speed or pace.
- An embrace.
- A frame containing a number of bullets which is intended to be inserted into the magazine of a firearm to allow for rapid reloading.
- A projecting flange on the upper edge of a horseshoe, turned up so as to embrace the lower part of the hoof; a toe clip or beak.
- A gaff or hook for landing the fish, as in salmon fishing.
- To cut, especially with scissors or shears as opposed to a knife etc.
- To curtail; to cut short.
- To strike with the hand.
- An illegal tackle: Throwing the body across the back of an opponent's leg or hitting him from the back below the waist while moving up from behind unless the opponent is a runner or the action is in close line play.
- To cut off a signal level at a certain maximum value.
- To discard (an occluded part of a model or scene) rather than waste resources on rendering it.
- To cheat, swindle, or fleece.
- Something which has been clipped from a larger whole:
- The product of a single shearing of sheep.
- A season's crop of wool.
- A section of video taken from a film, broadcast, or other longer video
- A newspaper clipping.
- An act of clipping, such as a haircut.
- The condition of something, its state.
- A blow with the hand.
- The clitoris.
- To stimulate one's clitoris.
- In some countries, the period from elementary school to high school.
- To draw out or extract.
- Intending to harm; malevolent.
- Morally corrupt.
- Unpleasant, as in 'an evil smell'.
- Producing or threatening sorrow, distress, injury, or calamity; unpropitious; calamitous.
- Having harmful qualities; not good; worthless or deleterious.
- undesirable; harmful; bad practice
- Moral badness; wickedness; malevolence; the forces or behaviors that are the opposite or enemy of good.
- Anything which impairs the happiness of a being or deprives a being of any good; anything which causes suffering of any kind to sentient beings; injury; mischief; harm.
- A malady or disease; especially in the phrase king's evil (scrofula).
- A fluttering or darting movement.
- A particular, unexpected, short lived change of state.
- A homosexual.
- To move about rapidly and nimbly.
- To move quickly from one location to another.
- To unpredictably change state for short periods of time.
- To move house (sometimes a sudden move to avoid debts).
- To be unstable; to be easily or often moved.
- Fast, nimble.
- The soft fur of some animals, especially the beaver.
- To cover with a thin layer of gold; to cover with gold leaf.
- To adorn.
- To make appear drunk.
- Gold or other metal in a thin layer; gilding.
- A security issued by the Bank of England (see gilt-edged)
- Golden coloured.
- A young female pig, at or nearing the age of first breeding.
- The network of glial cells that supports nervous system tissue.
- Having a ready flow of words but lacking thought or understanding; superficial; shallow.
- Smooth or slippery.
- Artfully persuasive in nature.
- To make glib.
- A mass of matted hair worn down over the eyes, formerly worn in Ireland.
- To castrate; to geld; to emasculate.
- A light, candle, lantern.
- An eye.
- brightness; splendour
- Balls or pieces of ice falling as precipitation, often in connection with a thunderstorm.
- Said of the weather when hail is falling.
- to send or release hail
- to greet; give salutation to; salute.
- To name; to designate; to call.
- to call out loudly in order to gain the attention of
- Healthy, whole, safe.
- In an idle manner.
- Without specific purpose, intent or effort.
- Inward; interior; secret.
- Inwardly, within; internally; secretly.
- Heartily, completely, fully, thoroughly; extremely.
- A Philippine and Pacific island tree ( yielding a valuable brown dye and having a very hard and durable dark wood.
- The wood of this tree.
- An indigenous Maya people in El Quiché Department, Guatemala.
- A Mayan language spoken in Guatemala.
- A place or institution for the confinement of persons held in lawful custody or detention, especially for minor offenses or with reference to some future judicial proceeding.
- Confinement in a jail.
- The condition created by the requirement that a horse claimed in a claiming race not be run at another track for some period of time (usually 30 days).
- In dodgeball and related games, the area where players who have been struck by the ball are confined.
- To imprison.
- An oven or furnace or a heated chamber, for the purpose of hardening, burning, calcining or drying anything; for example, firing ceramics, curing or preserving tobacco, or drying grain.
- To bake in a kiln.
- To play (in the sense opposed to work).
- Last in first out (describing a stack data structure).
- To lie; to tell lies.
- To do something rhythmically, with animation and quickness, usually of music.
- To sing cheerfully, especially in Gaelic.
- To utter with spirit, animation, or gaiety; to sing with spirit and liveliness.
- Animated, brisk motion; spirited rhythm; sprightliness.
- A lively song or dance; a cheerful tune.
- A cheerful or melodious accent when speaking.
- A major appendage of human or animal, used for locomotion (such as an arm, leg or wing).
- A branch of a tree.
- The part of the bow, from the handle to the tip.
- An elementary piece of the mechanism of a lock.
- A thing or person regarded as a part or member of, or attachment to, something else.
- To remove the limbs from an animal or tree.
- To supply with limbs.
- The apparent visual edge of a celestial body.
- The graduated edge of a circle or arc.
- The border or upper spreading part of a monopetalous corolla, or of a petal or sepal; blade.
- To happen; befall; chance.
- To come upon; meet.
- flaccid; flabby, like flesh.
- lacking stiffness; flimsy
- not erect
- not having an erect penis
- physically weak
- To be inadequate or unsatisfactory.
- A scraper of board or sheet-iron shaped like half the head of a small cask, used for scraping the ore off the sieve in the operation of hand-jigging.
- To walk lamely, as if favouring one leg.
- To travel with a malfunctioning system of propulsion
- To call.
- An irregular, jerky or awkward gait
- A scraper for removing poor ore or refuse from the sieve
- A code-word among Jacobites, standing for Louis XIV, James II, Queen Mary of Modena and the Prince of Wales.Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, Millennium Edition, art. "Limp"
- containing or resembling lime
- The third-largest city in Austria.
- Titus Livius, a Roman historian
- a monetary unit of Angola used from 1975-1990, one hundredth of a kwanza.
- Gentle and not easily angered.
- Of only moderate severity; not strict.
- Not overly felt or seriously intended.
- Not serious or dangerous.
- Moderately warm, especially less cold than expected.
- Acting gently and without causing harm.
- Not sharp, or strong in flavor.
- A relatively low-gravity beer, often with a dark colour; mild ale
- A white liquid produced by the mammary glands of female mammals to nourish their young. From certain animals, especially cows, it is a common food for humans as a beverage or used to produce various dairy products such as butter, cheese, and yogurt.
- An individual serving of milk.
- A white (or whitish) liquid obtained from a vegetable source such as soy beans, coconuts, almonds, rice, oats. Also called non-dairy milk.
- The ripe, undischarged spat of an oyster.
- To express milk from (a mammal, especially a cow).
- To draw (milk) from the breasts or udder.
- To express any liquid (from any creature).
- To make excessive use of (a particular point in speech or writing, etc.); to exploit; to take advantage of (something).
- To give off small gas bubbles during the final part of the charging operation.
- The spleen, especially of an animal bred for food.
- Fish semen.
- To impregnate (the roe of a fish) with milt.
- town on the river Rupel in the southwest of the Belgian province of Antwerp.
- A short fibre left over from combing wool or spinning silk during the preparation of textile yarns. Sometimes it is referred to as 'Raw Silk', although this is somewhat of a misnomer.
- Relating to or resembling oil.
- Covered with or containing oil.
- Excessively friendly or polite but insincere.
- A marble with an oily lustre.
- evil-smelling; fetid.
- To have dust blow about
- Like pile or wool.
- to twist or wind, especially into a cord or braid etc.
- to ripple, swirl, especially of water
- cause to revolve or spin
- a ripple; a twist or curl
- to make angry
- to stir or move from a state of calm or order
- To render turbid by stirring up the dregs or sediment of
- To annoy; to make someone angry.
- To bubble, seethe.
- To wander; to roam.
- To romp.
- A narrow cut or opening; a slot.
- The opening of the vagina.
- A woman, usually a sexually loose woman; a prostitute.
- To cut a narrow opening.
- To split in two parts.
- To cut; to sever; to divide.
- Having a cut narrow opening
- A mixture of sand and organic material, used to support plant growth.
- The unconsolidated mineral or organic material on the immediate surface of the earth that serves as a natural medium for the growth of land plants.
- The unconsolidated mineral or organic matter on the surface of the earth that has been subjected to and shows effects of genetic and environmental factors of: climate (including water and temperature effects), and macro- and microorganisms, conditioned by relief, acting on parent material over a period of time. A product-soil differs from the material from which it is derived in many physical, chemical, biological, and morphological properties and characteristics.
- Country or territory.
- That which soils or pollutes; a stain.
- A marshy or miry place to which a hunted boar resorts for refuge; hence, a wet place, stream, or tract of water, sought for by other game, as deer.
- Dung; compost; manure.
- To make dirty.
- To become dirty or soiled.
- To stain or mar, as with infamy or disgrace; to tarnish; to sully.
- To dirty one's clothing by accidentally defecating while clothed.
- To make invalid, to ruin.
- To enrich with soil or muck; to manure.
- Faeces or urine etc. when found on clothes.
- A bag containing soiled items.
- A wet or marshy place in which a boar or other such game seeks refuge when hunted.
- To feed, as cattle or horses, in the barn or an enclosure, with fresh grass or green food cut for them, instead of sending them out to pasture; hence (such food having the effect of purging them), to purge by feeding on green food.
- The monetary unit of Guinea between 1971 and 1985, subdivided into 100 cauris.
- A regularly-shaped slab of clay or other material, affixed to cover or decorate a surface, as in a roof-tile, glazed tile, stove tile, carpet tile etc.
- A rectangular graphic.
- Any of various types of cuboid playing piece used in certain games, such as in dominoes, Scrabble, or mahjong.
- A stiff hat.
- To cover with tiles.
- To arrange in a regular pattern, with adjoining edges (applied to tile-like objects, graphics, windows in a computer interface).
- To optimize (a loop in program code) by means of the tiling technique.
- To protect from the intrusion of the uninitiated.
- To slope or incline (something); to slant.
- To charge (at someone) with a lance.
- To be at an angle.
- To point or thrust a weapon at.
- To point or thrust (a weapon).
- To forge (something) with a tilt hammer.
- To play worse than usual (often as a result of previous bad luck).
- To move a camera vertically in a controlled way.
- A slope or inclination.
- A jousting contest.
- A thrust, as with a lance.
- The controlled vertical movement of a camera, or a device to achieve this
- An attempt at something, such as a tilt at public office.
- A tilt hammer.
- The inclination of part of the body, such as backbone, pelvis, head, etc.
- A canvas covering for carts, boats, etc.
- Any covering overhead; especially, a tent.
- To cover with a tilt, or awning.
- To quiver; to vibrate; to veer about.
- To make a rattling or clattering sound by twirling or shaking.
- a cross between a tangerine, Citrus reticulata and grapefruit grown in the West Indies.
- Something hung up or spread out to hide or protect the face, or hide an object from view; usually of gauze, crape, or similar diaphanous material.
- A cover; disguise; a mask; a pretense.
- The calyptra of mosses.
- A membrane connecting the margin of the pileus of a mushroom with the stalk; a velum.
- A covering for a person or thing; as, a caul (especially over the head)
- A thin layer of tissue which is attached to or covers a mushroom.
- To put on, or decorate with, a veil.
- To conceal as with a veil.
- A stringed instruments related to the violin family, but held in the lap between the legs like a cello, usually with C-holes, a flat back, a fretted neck and six strings, played with an underhanded bow.
- To play the viol.
- A shallow wetlands or minor lake, generally a seasonal one, or the lowland where such a wetlands appears seasonally.
- A wetland or marsh.
- A very long instruction word; an explicitly created set of processor instructions to be executed simultaneously.
- A controllable form of energy.
- A class of flying saucers supposedly built by the Nazis.
- To droop or become limp and flaccid (as a dying leaf or flower).
- To fatigue; to lose strength.
- To cause to droop or become limp and flaccid (as a flower).
- To cause to fatigue; to exhaust.
- The act of wilting or the state of being wilted.
- Any of various plant diseases characterized by wilting.
- sly, cunning, full of tricks
- A bushy small tree, Dodonaea viscosa, native to Hawaii, Australia, Africa, and tropical America, having sticky leaves and dark wood.Urdang, Laurence, (1984)Morris, William, (1971)
- Bogo; a Philippine fruit tree, from the family Burseraceae. 1976
- In a boil; boiling.
- Heated up; excited.
- In a boil; boiling.
- Figuratively, heated up; excited.
- The father of one of King David's officials (mentioned in 1 Chronicles 27:29).
- name of biblical origin.
- Having the faculty of quick motion in the limbs; apt or ready to move; nimble;
- Characterised by quick motion
- Of or relating to a technique for iterative and incremental development of software involving collaboration between teams.
- A semi-servile class among the Cymry.
- A bird of the family Alcidae, including auks, auklets, razorbills, dovekies, guillemots, and puffins.
- name or Alfonso, also used as a formal given name.
- An indigenous language family of North America, comprising Wiyot, Yurok, and many Algonquian languages.
- Cold, chilly; used of low body temperature especially in connection with certain diseases such as malaria and cholera.
- Any of various gelatinous gums, derivatives of alginic acid, derived from algae.
- A primitive, subconscious belieflike attitude which may contradict one's conscious beliefs.
- To form in line; to fall into line.
- To adjust or form to a line; to range or form in line; to bring into line.
- To store (data) in a way that is consistent with the memory architecture, i.e. by beginning each item at an offset equal to some multiple of the word size.
- to identify with or match the behaviour, thoughts, etc of another person.
- organize a linear arrangement of DNA, RNA or protein sequences which have regions of similarity.
- Having resemblance or similitude; similar; without difference.
- In the same manner, form, or degree; in common; equally.
- Resembling or characteristic of ale.
- Having life; living; not dead
- In a state of action; in force or operation; unextinguished; unexpired; existent
- Exhibiting the activity and motion of many living beings; swarming; thronged; busy.
- Sprightly; lively; brisk.
- Having susceptibility; easily impressed; having lively feelings, as opposed to apathy; sensitive.
- out of all living creatues.
- A group of Christian heretics in Asia Minor that flourished around 170 CE.
- Any member of the Aloidae.
- A glycoside derivative of anthracene, found in aloe, that is used as a laxative.
- name; always rather rare in English.
- Characteristic of a crone or a feeble old woman.
- A heavy iron block used in the blacksmithing trade as a surface upon which metal can be struck and shaped.
- An incus bone in the inner ear.
- A stone or other hard surface used by a bird for breaking the shells of snails.
- To fashion on an anvil (often used figuratively).
- the capital of Iraqi Kurdistan; called Arbela in classical times
- A bracelet.
- An ancient astronomical instrument, having either one ring placed in the plane of the equator for determining the time of the equinoxes (an equinoctial armil) or two or more rings, one in the plane of the meridian, for observing the solstices (a solstitial armil).
- Of or pertaining to a royal court; courtly.
- Of, pertaining to, or resembling a palace.
- A ceremony at some European universities to confer a Doctor of Divinity degree.
- Pertaining to the reproductive ducts of certain organisms.
- To turn to the advantage of.
- To be of service to.
- To promote; to assist.
- To be of use or advantage; to answer or serve the purpose; to have strength, force, or efficacy sufficient to accomplish the object.
- To provide; to make available.
- Benefit; value, profit; advantage toward success.
- Effect in achieving a goal or aim; purpose, use (now usually in negative constructions).
- Proceeds; profits from business transactions.
- Effort; striving.
- An advertising slot or package.
- A press avail.
- Non-binding notice of availability for work.
- A readily available stock of oil.
- To abase or debase; to vilify; to depreciate.
- Of or pertaining to an axis; of the nature of, or resembling, an axis; around an axis.
- Belonging to the axis of the body, or to the axis of any appendage or organ
- In the same direction as the axis, parallel to the axis.
- A flight feather that appears between the primaries and secondaries on some birds.
- A plane parallel to the surface of a tooth.
- Situated in the axis of anything; as an embryo which lies in the axis of a seed.
- form of (a tanned sheepskin)
- A place of shelter; protection; refuge.
- To lie around; encompass.
- To surround; beleaguer.
- To tell lies about; to slander.
- To give a false representation of, to misrepresent.
- To contradict, to show (something) to be false.
- To be shown false by contradicting (something) that is true; to conceal the contradictory or ironic presence of (something).
- To show, evince, demonstrate: to show (something) to be present, particularly something deemed contradictory or ironic.
- To mimic; to counterfeit.
- To fill with lies.
- A Central Indo-Aryan language spoken in west-central India.
- A region of the Philippines located at south-eastern Luzon.
- The language of the native inhabitants of the region.
- The inhabitants of the region.
- Boldness, courage; confidence; a feeling of security, assurance.
- Resource, help, relief; a means of help or relief; support; sustenance.
- Shelter, refuge or protection.
- A place of shelter, a refuge.
- To make bold, give courage or confidence to.
- To defend, protect or shelter.
- Habitable, liveable; hence delightful, pleasant, pleasing.
- Strongly, with great force.
- In a blustering or boastful manner; haughtily, pompously.
- Containing, or resembling, bilge.
- name derived from Bill, the diminutive of William.
- A small pancake, of Russian origin, made from buckwheat flour; traditionally served with melted butter, sour cream and caviar or smoked salmon.
- To close and reopen both eyes quickly.
- To close and reopen one's eyes to remove (something) from on or around the eyes.
- To wink; to twinkle with, or as with, the eye.
- To see with the eyes half shut, or indistinctly and with frequent winking, as a person with weak eyes.
- To shine, especially with intermittent light; to twinkle; to flicker; to glimmer, as a lamp.
- To flash on and off at regular intervals.
- To flash headlights on a car at.
- To send a signal with a lighting device.
- To perform the smallest action that could solicit a response.
- To shut out of sight; to evade; to shirk.
- To trick; to deceive.
- To turn slightly sour, or blinky, as beer, milk, etc.
- To teleport, mostly for short distances
- The act of very quickly closing both eyes and opening them again.
- The time needed to close and reopen one's eyes.
- A text formatting feature that causes text to disappear and reappear as a form of visual emphasis.
- A glimpse or glance.
- gleam; glimmer; sparkle
- The dazzling whiteness about the horizon caused by the reflection of light from fields of ice at sea; iceblink
- Boughs cast where deer are to pass, in order to turn or check them.
- An ability that allows teleporting, mostly for short distances
- A gust of wind and rain.
- The plant
- Any of various plants in the genus Chenopodium.
- Any of various plants in the genus Atriplex.
- A meteor or brilliant shooting star, followed by a train of light or sparks; especially one which explodes.
- A small rope used to truss up sails.
- A thong of soft leather to bind up a hawk's wing.
- A stock at each end of a seine to keep it stretched.
- To reef, shorten or strike sail using brails.
- To cook by direct, radiant heat. (British: grill)
- To expose to great heat.
- To be exposed to great heat.
- Food prepared by broiling.
- to cause a rowdy disturbance; embroil
- (obsolete) to brawl
- A brawl; a rowdy disturbance.
- To form (something) by combining materials or parts.
- To develop or give form to (something) according to a plan or process.
- To increase or strengthen (something) by adding gradually to.
- To establish a basis for (something).
- To form by combining materials or parts.
- To develop in magnitude or extent.
- To construct (software) by compiling its source code.
- To be constructed by compilation of source code, usually with minimal human intervention.
- The physique of a human body; constitution or structure of a human body.
- Any of various versions of a software product as it is being developed for release to users.
- Any structure, such as a building, statue, pool or forest, created by the player.
- well-built, muscular or toned.
- Shape; build; form of structure.
- To criticise for petty or frivolous reasons.
- A petty or trivial objection or criticism.
- An unsharpened section of a knife blade in front of the guard on the blade
- The indentation of a pocket-knife blade where it joins the tang
- A short-sleeved blouse worn under a sari; an Indian underbodice.
- A perennial onion plant, Allium fistulosum, commonly called Welsh onion.
- A summons to appear, as before a judge.
- citation; quotation
- To honk or cry like a goose.
- The cry of a goose, or other bird.
- Gossip; a gossip.
- The barnacle goose.
- To ascend; rise; to go up.
- To mount; to move upwards on.
- To scale; to get to the top of something.
- To move (especially up and down something) by gripping with the hands and using the feet.
- to practise the sport of climbing
- to jump high
- To move to a higher position on the social ladder.
- Of plants, to grow upwards by clinging to something.
- An act of climbing.
- The act of getting to somewhere more elevated.
- An upwards struggle
- A particular region as defined by its weather or climate.
- Fruit (especially peach) whose flesh adheres strongly to the pit.
- adherence; attachment; devotion
- hold very tightly, as to not fall off.
- To adhere to an object, without being affixed, in such a way as to follow its contours. Used especially of fabrics and films.
- To cause to adhere to, especially by twining round or embracing.
- To cause to dry up or wither.
- to be fond of, to feel strongly about
- To produce a high-pitched ringing sound, like a small bell.
- Severe pains that grip the abdomen or the disease that causes such pains (due to intestinal or bowel related problems).
- A medicinal plant used to relieve such symptoms.
- Relating to the colon; colonic.
- name. A 20th century spelling variant of Sybil.
- name; best known for a ninth century missionary to the Slavs.
- National capital territory and old city in northern India in which the country’s capital New Delhi is located.
- A village in New York, USA
- A kind of triangular spade.
- Redolent of dill (the spice).
- Someone or something that is remarkable or unusual.
- A kind of stagecoach.
- A mark once used in margins to draw attention to something in text.
- A traditional woodwind instrument used in Serbian, Croatian and Montenegrin music.
- A small ornamental piece of lace or linen or paper used to protect a surface from scratches by hard objects such as vases or bowls; or to decorate a plate of food.
- A hook with a lead shank.
- To trail; to draggle.
- A drudge.
- Mean labour; toil.
- To work sluggishly or slowly; to plod.
- The veneration of saints, distinguished from latria, the worship of God.
- A tree, native to the Philippines.
- A resin harvested from the elemi tree.
- An elf; an inhabitant of fairy-land.
- A little urchin or child.
- Relating to or resembling an elf, especially in its tiny size or features.
- A diminutive of the female given names Eleanor and Elizabeth, also used as a formal given name.
- name, possibly derived from the surname Elwes.
- Elvis Presley (1935-1977), a popular American rock-and-roll singer.
- An impersonator of Elvis Presley.
- chief deity listed and written about in ancient Sumerian, Akkadian, Hittite, Canaanite and other Mesopotamian clay and stone tablets; the god of breath, wind, loft, and breadth
- Of the wind; referring to the action or the power of wind.
- An island in the Azores.
- any member of the cat family (Felidae)
- Of or relating to a thread or line; characterized by threads stretched across the field of view.
- To illegally take possession of (especially items of low value); to pilfer, to steal.
- Something which has been filched or stolen.
- An act of filching; larceny, theft.
- A person who filches; a filcher, a pilferer, a thief.
- A hooked stick used to filch objects.
- of Usually used of multiple people, not of a single person.
- A young female horse.
- A young attractive female.
- Resembling or made of a thin film; gauzy
- Covered by (or as if by) a film; hazy
- Dirt; foul matter; that which soils or defiles.
- Smut; that which sullies or defiles the moral character; corruption; pollution.
- The police.
- Weeds growing on pasture land.
- In a fit manner; suitably; properly; commodiously; conveniently.
- A tool used for threshing, consisting of a long handle with a shorter stick attached with a short piece of chain, thong or similar material.
- A weapon which has the (usually spherical) striking part attached to the handle with a flexible joint such as a chain.
- To beat using a flail or similar implement.
- To wave or swing vigorously
- To thresh.
- To move like a flail.
- The open area above a stage where scenery and equipment may be hung.
- A caper; a spring; a whim.
- To frisk; to skip; to caper.
- a quarrel, dispute, wrangling
- a scolding
- to dispute, quarrel, wrangle, brawl
- to scold, jeer
- Of or relating to foliage; pteroylglutamic, as in folic acid.
- A leaf of a book or manuscript.
- A page of a book, that is, one side of a leaf of a book.
- A page number. The even folios are on the left-hand pages and the odd folios on the right-hand pages.
- A sheet of paper folded in half.
- A book made of sheets of paper each folded in half (two leaves or four pages to the sheet); hence, a book of the largest kind, exceeding 30 cm in height.
- A page in an account book; sometimes, two opposite pages bearing the same serial number.
- A leaf containing a certain number of words; hence, a certain number of words in a writing, as in England, in law proceedings 72, and in chancery, 90; in New York, 100 words.
- To put a serial number on each folio or page of (a book); to page.
- Easily broken; mentally or physically fragile; not firm or durable; liable to fail and perish; easily destroyed; not tenacious of life; weak; infirm.
- Liable to fall from virtue or be led into sin; not strong against temptation; weak in resolution; unchaste.
- A basket made of rushes, used chiefly for containing figs and raisins.
- The quantity of raisins contained in a frail.
- A rush for weaving baskets.
- A girl.
- To play a stringed instrument, usually a banjo, by picking with the back of a fingernail.
- A strip of pleated material used as decoration or trim; a ruffle.
- A wrinkled edge to a film.
- A luxury.
- Something extraneous added for effect.
- To make into a frill.
- To become wrinkled.
- To provide or decorate with a frill or frills; to turn back in crimped plaits.
- To shake or shiver as with cold.
Possible word length