Page 1 from 4
Total results: 3311
- A basket made of rushes or flags, as for carrying fish.
- A crotchety or surly person; also, a stingy man, a miser.
- A porridge made from boiled buckwheat groats, or sometimes from other cereal groats.
- A member of an Indian tribe, the majority of whom live in Meghalaya.
- The Austro-Asiatic language of the Khasi people.
- An Eastern European Jewish, or Yiddish, snack food consisting of a dumpling covered with a shell of baked or fried dough
- Any of five sheaths that are thought to cover the Atman, or True Self, according to Vedantic philosophy.
- A particular type of Sanskrit dictionary.
- A formerly seminomadic Siberian people who speak a Turkic language.
- The Sakha Republic, also known as Yakutia.
- A greeting gesture in which the thumb and little finger are extended while curling the three middle fingers in a semi-fist. Used to express a variety of positive meanings including "all right", "hello" and "goodbye".
- A stiff, cylindrical military dress hat with a metal plate in front, a short visor, and a plume.
- A bearskin or busby.
- The squilla or mantis shrimp.
- The Japanese foot, a traditional Japanese unit of length equal to 10 sun or 1/10 of a jō, now standardized as equal to 10/33 of a meter.
- Shaking or trembling.
- Nervous; Anxious.
- Full of shakes or cracks; cracked.
- Easily shaken; tottering; unsound.
- The part of the leg between the knee and the ankle.
- Meat from that part of an animal.
- A redshank or greenshank, various species of Old World wading birds in the genus Tringa having distinctly colored legs.
- A straight, narrow part of an object, such as a key or an anchor; shaft; stem.
- The handle of a pair of shears, connecting the ride to the neck.
- The center part of a fishhook between the eye and the hook, the 'hook' being the curved part that bends toward the point.
- A protruding part of an object, by which it is or can be attached.
- The metal part on a curb bit that falls below the mouthpiece, which length controls the severity of the leverage action of the bit, and to which the reins of the bridle are attached.
- A poorly played golf shot in which the ball is struck by the part of the club head that connects to the shaft.
- An improvised stabbing weapon; a shiv.
- A loop forming an eye to a button.
- The space between two channels of the Doric triglyph.
- A large ladle for molten metal, fitted with long bars for handling it.
- The body of a type; between the shoulder and the foot.
- The part of the sole beneath the instep connecting the broader front part with the heel.
- Flat-nosed pliers, used by opticians for nipping off the edges of pieces of glass to make them round.
- The end or remainder, particularly of a period of time.
- The main part or beginning of a period of time.
- To travel on foot.
- To stab, especially with an improvised blade.
- To remove another's trousers, especially in jest; to depants.
- To hit or kick the ball in an unintended direction.
- To fall off, as a leaf, flower, or capsule, on account of disease affecting the supporting footstalk; usually followed by
- A scaleless, predatory fish of the superorder Selachimorpha, with a cartilaginous skeleton and 5 to 7 gill slits on each side of its head.
- To fish for sharks.
- Someone who exploits others, for example by trickery, lies, usury, extortion.
- A sleazy and amoral lawyer; an ambulance chaser.
- A relentless and resolute person or group, especially in business.
- A very good poker or pool player. Compare fish (a bad poker player).
- A person who feigns ineptitude to win money from others.
- To steal or obtain through fraud.
- To play the petty thief; to practice fraud or trickery; to swindle.
- To live by shifts and stratagems.
- To pick or gather indiscriminately or covertly.
- The leader of an Arab village, family or small tribe.
- An Islamic religious cleric; the leader of an Islamic religious order.
- A romantic lover.
- An Arab, especially one dressed in traditional clothing.
- To avoid, especially a duty, responsibility, etc.; to stay away from.
- To evade an obligation; to avoid the performance of duty, as by running away.
- To procure by petty fraud and trickery; to obtain by mean solicitation.
- one who shirks
- the unforgivable sin of idolatry
- A quick, light sweeping motion.
- A kitchen utensil, made from stiff wire loops fixed to a handle, used for whipping (or a mechanical device with the same function).
- A bunch of twigs or hair etc, used as a brush.
- A small handheld broom with a small (or no) handle.
- A plane used by coopers for evening chines.
- A kind of cape, forming part of a woman's dress.
- An impertinent fellow.
- To move something with quick light sweeping motions.
- In cooking, to whip e.g. eggs or cream.
- To move something rapidly and with no warning.
- To move lightly and nimbly.
- The card game whist.
- shaking, aquiver
- a city in Minnesota, USA, and the county seat of Carver County.
- "the skilled one", is an ancient creator god, one of the Prajapatis.
- To remove the husk from.
- The giving of a mantra or initiation by the guru in Indian religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism.
- Covered with a husk.
- One who husks (as one who removes the husks, leaves, from ears of corn).
- A fan or supporter of the Nebraska Cornhuskers, the sports teams of the University of Nebraska.
- A mixed group of Asiatic people from Western Asia who took over the eastern Nile Delta, ending the Thirteenth Dynasty of Egypt and initiating the Second Intermediate Period.
- Inclined to joke; jocular
- A traditional, large, semisubterranean men's communal house, in which communal and ceremonial events are hosted.
- Khaki-coloured/colored cotton trousers (pants).
- A khaki uniform of pants (trousers) or shorts, shirt, and hat or other head covering such as a turban.
- Baptized Sikhs, collectively.
- A subdivision of the Mauritanian ouguiya. 5 khoums equal one ouguiya.
- Nonsense, bosh.
- A checking or restraining element. used in.
- Fashion; style.
- To decisively terminate.
- In Akkadian mythology, the daughter of Lahmu and Lahamu, the first children of Tiamat and Apsu.
- A dish made from stuffed intestine.
- Intestines, guts.
- A measure used in the Isle of Man, similar to a peck.
- Resembling or pertaining to a kite (the bird of prey).
- A mental state, such as fear or ignorance, that clouds the mind and leads to unwholesome actions.
- Fit for use or consumption, in accordance with Jewish law (especially relating to food).
- In accordance with standards or usual practice.
- To kasher; to prepare (for example, meat) in conformity with the requirements of the Jewish law.
- wet; moist
- Characteristic of the lake poets.
- Resembling vomit, especially in color.
- Nauseated, queasy.
- Dashingly, carelessly, or sportingly unconventional or stylish; jaunty; characterized by a devil-may-care unconventionality; having a somewhat disreputable quality or appearance.
- Like a rake; dissolute; profligate.
- The fifteenth letter of many Semitic alphabets/abjads (Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others).
- run-down, like a shack
- A brimless Russian fur cap.
- Resembling or characteristic of a shark.
- A currency unit of both ancient and modern Israel.
- money owned or distributed as bribes by the Jewish elite
- An ancient unit of weight equivalent to one-fiftieth of a mina.
- Hunting, sport; a hunting expedition.
- hunting guide (elsewhere besides India, e.g. Australia)
- A species of hawk, Accipiter badius.
- A non-Jewish girl, especially one who is attractive and young.
- Disposed to shirk.
- A large highly decorative German/Dutch-style piece of furniture, which combines aspects of a clothing wardrobe, curio, and cabinet.
- A sharp, shrill outcry or scream; a shrill wild cry such as is caused by sudden or extreme terror, pain, or the like.
- (slang) An exclamation mark.
- To utter a loud, sharp, shrill sound or cry, as do some birds and beasts; to scream, as in a sudden fright, in horror or anguish.
- To utter sharply and shrilly; to utter in or with a shriek or shrieks.
- Any of various passerine birds of the family Laniidae which are known for their habit of catching other birds and small animals and impaling the uneaten portions of their bodies on thorns.
- To cause to become smaller.
- To become smaller; to contract.
- To cower or flinch.
- To draw back; to withdraw.
- To withdraw or retire, as from danger.
- To move back or away, especially because of fear or disgust.
- Shrinkage; contraction; recoil.
- A psychiatrist or therapist; a head-shrinker.
- A characteristic trait or theme.
- A gimmick.
- To give scant measure; to squeeze or pinch in order to effect a saving.
- Like the sky, or approaching the sky; lofty; ethereal.
- A temporary dwelling or booth used by practising Jews during Tabernacles (Sukkot).
- An expression of gratitude.
- Grateful feelings or thoughts.
- To remove the husk of.
- A kind of supernatural being, usually depicted as a benevolent tutelary deity, that attends on the god of wealth.
- A kind of evil supernatural being, often depicted as having supernatural power, great strength, and frightening appearance; an asura; a demon.
- A protective cone-shaped hood with lappets for wrapping around the neck, used especially by Turks and Cossacks.
- To shake roughly or violently.
- Given to reading; fond of study; better acquainted with books than with people; learned from books.
- Characterized by a method of expression generally found in books.
- Like a dandy; foppish; swellish.
- A member of the Cheka.
- A political purge in Russia.
- A game in which trinkets are set upon sticks, to be thrown at by the players; -- so called from an ancient popular sport which consisted in shying or throwing cudgels at live cocks.
- An object at which stones are flung.
- A loose and brightly colored African shirt.
- An open horse-drawn carriage, especially in Russia.
- Characteristically resembling a duck; somewhat ducklike
- In the style of folk music
- Any of several birds of prey, principally in the genus, Accipiter.
- derived from the given name
- A Jewish surname derived from the equivalent of English Ezekiel.
- name transferred from the surnames.
- A general-purpose purely functional programming language with support for recursive functions and pattern matching.
- A city in Texas, USA
- A dense clump of grass or vegetation; a tussock.
- A cushion used primarily in churches for kneeling on while praying.
- A thick cushion used as a seat; an ottoman or pouffe.
- Supportive of warlike foreign policy; bellicose; inclined toward military action.
- Favouring increasing interest rates; inclined towards increasing interest rates.
- Resembling or characteristic of a hick, or unsophisticated rural person.
- Tricky and/or humorous behaviour.
- Leather tanned from a hog's skin.
- A hemp sack used for holding hops.
- A coarse, loosely-woven clothing fabric.
- A meeting of neighbours or friends to assist in husking maize.
- Octopuses, squids and cuttles.
- The writing of polemical letters or articles.
- The capital city of Udmurtia, Russia
- Like a jerk (obnoxious person).
- A Jewish prayer recited during services, and when mourning the death of a close relative.
- A city in Xinjiang, China.
- Kashgar Prefecture.
- The Jewish dietary laws, stating which foods are fit to eat (kosher).
- The dialect of Modern English spoken in Kent.
- A dialect of Old English that was spoken in the Anglo-Saxon kingdom of Kent.
- Of or relating to Kent or its inhabitants.
- clownish; boorish
- A hot wind in Egypt which blows (for about 50 days) from the desert, bringing with it sand.
- A port city on the Dnieper in Ukraine, administrative centre of Kherson province.
- Kherson province (oblast), in southern Ukraine.
- Transliteration of a male given name of Persian origin.
- A blessing recited over wine or grape juice in commemoration of the sanctity of the Shabbat or other Jewish holy day.
- relation or connection by blood, marriage or adoption
- relation or connection by nature or character
- Having the nature of kitsch.
- Having the characteristics of a knave; mischievous, roguish, waggish, rascally or impertinent
- A jester or trickster in the Kachina religion of the Pueblo Indians of the southwestern USA, also called a sacred clown.
- A deity worshiped across many traditions of Hinduism. Krishna is often depicted as a young cowherd boy with a dark or blue complexion playing a flute (as in the Bhagavata Purana) or a youthful prince giving philosophical direction and guidance (as in the Bhagavad Gita) He is the divine speaker of the Bhagavad Gita and the eighth avatar of Vishnu.
- A river in southern India.
- A district in South Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.
- name and a surname used in India.
- A whip or strap about a yard in length.
- To beat with a kurbash.
- Indo-Iranian language of Kurdistan (In the Mesopotamia region, from the Zagros of mid-western Iran to the eastern extension of the chain of the Taurus Mountains).
- of, from, or pertaining to Kurdistan, the Kurdish people or the Kurdish language
- The Hindu goddess of wealth, the consort of Vishnu and married to Rama (in her incarnation as Sita) and Krishna (as Rukmini and Radha).
- name used in India.
- joky; mischievously high-spirited
- Resembling a leek, especially in colour.
- flat egg noodles in Yiddish cuisine
- a small city in Kansas, USA.
- Feeling sick, queasy.
- Sickening or insipid in taste or smell.
- Excessively or falsely sentimental; showing a sickly excess of sentiment.
- mock; counterfeit; sham
- Pertaining to, or resembling a monk or monasticism.
- Tending to self-denial; ascetic.
- a small city in Nebraska, USA
- a city and a town in Wisconsin, USA; the city is the county seat of Winnebago County.
- Of or relating to a peak or peaks; belonging to a mountainous region.
- Having peaks; peaked.
- Having thin or sharp features, as from sickness; sickly; peaky.
- mildly hungry1860. John Camden Hotten. A dictionary of modern slang, cant, and vulgar words page 188.
- irritable; crotchety
- Of or pertaining to Peckham, a place in Southwark London.
- Native to Peckham.
- resembling pork
- name. It is a common name mostly among Hindus, with some usage among Jains, Sikhs and recently Indic Christians. The name is encountered in variant forms in the Indian Union, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Mauritius, and other countries where Indic races (i.e., people of East Indian origin) live.
- mischievous; excessively playful.
- Reminiscent of the punk subculture.
- Slightly punk.
- A town in Russia
- Like a rock; stony; hard; callous
- That has the characteristics of rock music.
- A person who follows a particular sadhana, or goal-directed spiritual practice.
- One of the six schools of classical Indian philosophy.
- Commodity that is shoddy or inferior.
- A person who is easily taken advantage of.
- The goddess of death, war, violence, plague, and medicine; one of the "Eyes / Daughters of Ra", the consort of Ptah; depicted as having the head of a lioness.
- A restraint fit over a human or animal appendage, such as a wrist, ankle or finger. Usually used in plural, to indicate a pair joined by a chain; a hobble.
- A U-shaped piece of metal secured with a pin or bolt across the opening, or a hinged metal loop secured with a quick-release locking pin mechanism.
- A restraint on one's action, activity, or progress.
- A fetter-like band worn as an ornament.
- A link for connecting railroad cars; a drawlink or draglink.
- To restrain using shackles; to place in shackles.
- By extension, to render immobile or incapable; to inhibit the progress or abilities of someone or something.
- A movement that shakes.
- A billon of gold and copper that can be treated to form a dark indigo patina resembling lacquer.
- name used commonly in India.
- Having a shank.
- Affected with disease of the shank or footstalk
- One who lives by trickery; a conman.
- drunk, drunkard
- A type of small wooden boat
- A hunter or tracker, especially in the Indian subcontinent.
- One who shirks a duty or responsibility.
- One who is lazy.
- A member of the Japanese warrior gentry or middle class, formerly called
- surprised, startled, confused, or taken aback.
- One who or that which shocks or startles.
- A device for giving electric shocks.
- A particular hand gesture with a sexual connotation.
- Sexual act related to the shocker hand gesture: two in the pink, one in the stink.
- Inclined to shriek, or characterised by shrieks.
- Characteristic of a shrink (psychologist).
- Someone who shucks oysters, clams, corn (maize), walnuts, etc.
- Someone who shucks or removes something.
- A device that shucks produce, such as a corn shucker.
- Somewhat sick, but not seriously so.
- A revealed, monotheistic religion originating in northern India, in the 16th century, through Guru Nanak and his successors.
- Roughly or hastily laid out; intended for later refinement.
- Resembling a comedy sketch, of sketch quality.
- Of questionable or doubtful quality.
- Suspected of taking part in illicit or dishonorable dealings.
- Disturbing or unnerving, often in such a way that others may suspect them of intending physical or sexual harm or harassment.
- An hook imagined to be suspended in midair.
- An overhead winch.
- A helicopter that lifts and transports heavy objects suspended by a heavy cable.
- A deep two-handled wine cup of Ancient Greece.
- Having the qualities or characteristics of a snake; snaky.
- A large, state-owned farm in the Soviet Union.
- The capital city of Abkhazia, a disputed region on the Black Sea coast.
- The official language of Turkey and Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
- Of, from, or pertaining to Turkey, the Turkish people or the Turkish language.
- That part of the beard which grows upon the sides of the face, usually of the male, or upon the chin, or upon both.
- A hair of the beard.
- One of the long, projecting hairs growing at the sides of the mouth of a cat, or other animal.
- The (very small) distance between two things.
- Spreaders from the bows to spread the bowsprit shrouds.
- A graphic element that shows the maxima and minima in a box plot.
- One who, or that which, whisks, or moves with a quick, sweeping motion.
- A small that forms on metal.
- A basket; especially, a straw provender basket.
- A small lathe for turning wooden pins.
- A shallow drinking bowl.
- A veil worn by Muslim women to cover parts of the face when they are in public.
- A universal solvent sought by the alchemists.
- An old woman.
- A woman’s headscarf, tied under the chin.
- Russian doll, matryoshka (mistranslation)
- A sudden backward motion.
- A negative reaction, objection or outcry, especially of a violent or abrupt nature.
- The distance through which one part of connected machinery, as a wheel, piston, or screw, can be moved without moving the connected parts, resulting from looseness in fitting or from wear.
- The jarring or reflex motion caused in badly fitting machinery by irregularities in velocity or a reverse of motion.
- To cause or set off a backlash.
- A shop where baked goods are made and sold.
- Like a block in shape or nature; coming across as a block.
- Lacking understanding; stupid; obtuse; dull.
- Rude; clumsy; rough.
- Salty or slightly salty, as a mixture of fresh and sea water, such as that found in estuaries.
- Distasteful; unpleasant; not appealing to the taste.
- resembling brick, bricklike
- Like a brick, a helpful or reliable person.
- A gift or bribe.
- An extra portion, ration etc.
- Extra, spare.
- lead shot used in shotgun cartridges
- An antelope (Tragelaphus scriptus or Tragelaphus sylvaticus) that is found in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Any relatives of the above that share its habitat.
- Resembling a bush; bushly.
- A book used to record amounts of money received or paid out.
- A game for two players played on a chessboard; the players have 12 pieces each, and the object is to capture all the opponent’s pieces by jumping over them. Other European varieties have larger boards and more playing pieces.
- the playing pieces in the game of checkers.
- a number, derived by applying a suitable algorithm to some data, used to check whether errors have occurred in transmission, storage or data entry
- To compute a checksum.
- A village on the northern border of Bristol, England
- Like or resembling a clerk.
- A photograph of one's penis.
- A kind of net for catching woodcock.
- Twilight, when woodcock would be caught.
- A shop that sells cooked food.
- The husk of an ear of corn.
- cranky; grumpy; bad-tempered
- Resembling a dish or some aspect of one.
- The quality or condition of being a duke.
- A kitchen utensil made of multiple loops of wire, used to beat eggs.
- Having some characteristics of a fish.
- Of or pertaining to the Franks.
- In or of the language of the Franks.
- The language of the Franks, an extinct West Germanic language.
- Resembling a freak.
- Strange, unusual, abnormal or bizarre.
- Capricious, unpredictable.
- Resembling or having the characteristics of Greek or the Greeks
- A bully; a ruffian; an assassin.
- A hexagonal-dipyramidal mineral containing carbon, chlorine, oxygen, potassium, sodium, and sulfur.
- Having or characterised by hassocks, or clumps of vegetation.
- A mound, pile, or stack of stored hay.
- A standing wave in a rapid.
- The text string within which another string is searched for.
- A member or follower of the liberal party, headed by which, because of a change of views respecting the divinity of Christ and the Atonement, seceded from the conservative portion of the Quakers in 1827.
- The state or condition of being hoky.
- missing one's home and family very much when away; nostalgic
- Someone with such a nose.
- A fish, the armed bullhead.
- Resembling a hose or some aspect of one.
- A peddler or hawker, who sells small items, either door-to-door, from a stall or in the street.
- Somebody who sells things in an aggressive or showy manner.
- One who deceptively sells fraudulent products.
- Somebody who writes advertisements for radio or television.
- A mean, deceptive person.
- To haggle, to wrangle, or to bargain.
- To sell or offer goods from place to place, to peddle.
- To promote or sell goods in an aggressive, showy manner.
- Resembling a husk or some aspect of one.
- A ski allowing a seaplane to land on water.
- A structure of piled stones, designed to resemble a humanoid figure and traditionally constructed by the Inuit.
- A jack (in any of the senses referring to types of fish).
- A division of the psalter, used by Eastern Orthodox Christians and Eastern Catholics who follow the
- A troparion, or hymn, chanted at matins after each such division of the psalter.
- A hinged seat used in monastic churches, having a full back attached to the wall.
- A perciform fish in the family native to coastal Australia and New Zealand.
- A person who cuts keys.
- A town in southern Bulgaria.
- A dainty or delicacy.
- A trinket or gewgaw.
- Any of several food fishes of the genus from the Atlantic; kingcroaker
- Other Atlantic fish
- opah (United Kingdom)
- white croaker (United Kingdom)
- wahoo (Barbados)
- Any of several similar fishes of the Pacific.
- yellowtail amberjack Seriola lalandi (Australia, New Zealand)
- (sometimes travelli) (South Africa)
- cobia, Rachycentron canadum, of warm waters globally.
- The dignity, rank or office of a king; the state of being a king.
- A monarchy.
- The territory or dominion of a king; a kingdom.
- The capital and largest city of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (formerly Zaire), in the western part of the country on the Congo River.
- Not knowing anyone; having no acquaintances or family.
- ticklish; kittle
- Sun-dried salted cod, exported from Norway.
- A fish of certain genera in the family.
- Trickish; artful.
- snappish; peevish
- a political district in Afghanistan, Pakistan or Tajikistan
- the normal convex curvature of the spine in the thoracic and sacral regions
- an abnormal convex curvature of the spine in the cervical or lumbar regions of the spine
- A pottery flask with a narrow neck, used in Ancient Greece for storing oil.
- A net; an assembly of meshes.
- Chanos chanos, an important food fish in southeast Asia.
- A shed in which animals are milked.
- To think wrongly.
- To have sinful thoughts.
- Any large bottom-dwelling anglerfish of the genus Lophius, such as Lophius piscatorius, of the Atlantic, having a large head and mouth.
- Angel sharks of the genus
- A keen investigative reporter.
- The jurisdiction or the territory of a pasha.
- a city in Oklahoma, USA
- Resembling medicine.
- unsafe, dangerous
- nervous, uneasy
- Given to or characterized by impishness or playfulness; mischievous.
- having the characteristics of a being unpleasant, rude or annoying.
- Like a quack (fraudulent doctor), or characteristic of quackery.
- Characterized by quirks; evasive, tricky.
- In a rakish manner.
- Resembling a rash or some aspect of one.
- Either of two species of Old World wading bird in the genus Tringa that have long red legs.
- A bare-legged person; one of the Scottish Highlanders, who wore kilts.
- Any of a large number of different species of fish, which dwell among rocks, specifically:
- The striped bass (
- The logperch ( also known as the or
- The long-spined bullhead (
- Many species in the genus Sebastes
- The rock salmon.
- Resembling a rush (the plant).
- The largest island of Russia, off its eastern coast, a Russian oblast located on the island.
- Of inferior quality, cheap.
- Tacky, of tasteless appearance.
- The saddlecloth of a cavalry horse.
- Restrained by shackles, chained.
- One who shackles.
- A person who couples wagons together.
- Restraints, usually of metal and often joined by a chain, placed around a prisoner's wrists or ankles to restrict their movement.
- in all its senses including grapefruit
- A North-American hickory ( that has shaggy bark in mature trees; shagbark hickory
- A West Indian leguminous tree,
- Able to be shaken.
- Designed to be shaken.
- In a shaken or nervous manner.
- The sweepings from a ship's deck; the refuse of cordage, canvas, etc.
- a city in Minnesota, USA
- A branch of Hinduism that focuses on the worship of Shakti as a supreme goddess.
- The trefoil leaf of any small clover, especially or such a leaf from a clover-like plant, commonly used as a symbol of Ireland.
- Any of several small plants, forms of clover, with trefoil leaves, especially Trifolium repens.
Possible word length