Page 1 from 7
Total results: 7051
- A large barrel for the storage of liquid, especially of alcoholic drinks.
- A casket; a small box for jewels.
- To put into a cask.
- A basket made of rushes or flags, as for carrying fish.
- a granary, or village containing a granary, in the Mahgreb (Berber countries).
- A tribe or group of Native Americans of the Eastern Woodlands culture group.
- The lect (variously considered a language or a member of a group of dialects) spoken by these Native Americans.
- Any member of this group of Native Americans.
- soap prepared for use in milling cloth
- To be saturated with liquid by being immersed in it.
- To immerse in liquid to the point of saturation or thorough permeation.
- To penetrate or permeate by saturation.
- To allow (especially a liquid) to be absorbed; to take in, receive. (usually + up)
- To take money from.
- To drink intemperately or gluttonously.
- To heat (a metal) before shaping it.
- To hold a kiln at a particular temperature for a given period of time.
- To absorb; to drain.
- An immersion in water etc.
- A drunkard.
- A low-lying depression that fills with water after rain.
- in the sunshine; basking.
- The hooked goad that is used in India to control elephants.
- An Ancient Greek pottery vessel used to pour small quantities of liquids such as oil.
- The ruler of Mathura and brother of Devaki.
- A porridge made from boiled buckwheat groats, or sometimes from other cereal groats.
- John Keats (1795–1821),
- A member of an Indian tribe, the majority of whom live in Meghalaya.
- The Austro-Asiatic language of the Khasi people.
- Any of five sheaths that are thought to cover the Atman, or True Self, according to Vedantic philosophy.
- A particular type of Sanskrit dictionary.
- A type of traditional fermented Russian beverage with little or no alcohol, made from bread, often flavored with fruit.
- A slattern; a mawk.
- A city in North Dakota.
- A formerly seminomadic Siberian people who speak a Turkic language.
- The Sakha Republic, also known as Yakutia.
- A greeting gesture in which the thumb and little finger are extended while curling the three middle fingers in a semi-fist. Used to express a variety of positive meanings including "all right", "hello" and "goodbye".
- A stiff, cylindrical military dress hat with a metal plate in front, a short visor, and a plume.
- A bearskin or busby.
- The squilla or mantis shrimp.
- The Japanese foot, a traditional Japanese unit of length equal to 10 sun or 1/10 of a jō, now standardized as equal to 10/33 of a meter.
- Shaking or trembling.
- Nervous; Anxious.
- Full of shakes or cracks; cracked.
- Easily shaken; tottering; unsound.
- The part of the leg between the knee and the ankle.
- Meat from that part of an animal.
- A redshank or greenshank, various species of Old World wading birds in the genus Tringa having distinctly colored legs.
- A straight, narrow part of an object, such as a key or an anchor; shaft; stem.
- The handle of a pair of shears, connecting the ride to the neck.
- The center part of a fishhook between the eye and the hook, the 'hook' being the curved part that bends toward the point.
- A protruding part of an object, by which it is or can be attached.
- The metal part on a curb bit that falls below the mouthpiece, which length controls the severity of the leverage action of the bit, and to which the reins of the bridle are attached.
- A poorly played golf shot in which the ball is struck by the part of the club head that connects to the shaft.
- An improvised stabbing weapon; a shiv.
- A loop forming an eye to a button.
- The space between two channels of the Doric triglyph.
- A large ladle for molten metal, fitted with long bars for handling it.
- The body of a type; between the shoulder and the foot.
- The part of the sole beneath the instep connecting the broader front part with the heel.
- Flat-nosed pliers, used by opticians for nipping off the edges of pieces of glass to make them round.
- The end or remainder, particularly of a period of time.
- The main part or beginning of a period of time.
- To travel on foot.
- To stab, especially with an improvised blade.
- To remove another's trousers, especially in jest; to depants.
- To hit or kick the ball in an unintended direction.
- To fall off, as a leaf, flower, or capsule, on account of disease affecting the supporting footstalk; usually followed by
- A scaleless, predatory fish of the superorder Selachimorpha, with a cartilaginous skeleton and 5 to 7 gill slits on each side of its head.
- To fish for sharks.
- Someone who exploits others, for example by trickery, lies, usury, extortion.
- A sleazy and amoral lawyer; an ambulance chaser.
- A relentless and resolute person or group, especially in business.
- A very good poker or pool player. Compare fish (a bad poker player).
- A person who feigns ineptitude to win money from others.
- To steal or obtain through fraud.
- To play the petty thief; to practice fraud or trickery; to swindle.
- To live by shifts and stratagems.
- To pick or gather indiscriminately or covertly.
- A double-edged, leaf-shaped, typically bronze dagger formerly used in Ireland and Scotland
- Of a person: to become less energetic, to slacken in one's efforts.
- To slacken; to become relaxed or loose.
- To become less intense; to weaken, decrease in force.
- To go out; to become extinct.
- To satisfy (thirst, or other desires); to quench; to extinguish.
- To cool (something) with water or another liquid.
- To become mixed with water, so that a true chemical combination takes place.
- To mix with water, so that a true chemical combination takes place.
- A distinct flavor, especially if slight.
- A slight trace of something; a smattering.
- To get the flavor of.
- To indicate or suggest something; used with of.
- To have a particular taste; used with of.
- A small sailing vessel, commonly rigged as a sloop, used chiefly in the coasting and fishing trade and often called a fishing smack.
- A sharp blow; a slap. See also: spank.
- A loud kiss.
- A quick, sharp noise, as of the lips when suddenly separated, or of a whip.
- To slap someone, or to make a smacking sound.
- To strike a child (usually on the buttocks) as a form of discipline. (US spank)
- To wetly separate the lips, making a noise, after tasting something or in expectation of a treat.
- To kiss with a close compression of the lips, so as to make a sound when they separate.
- As if with a smack or slap
- Resembling or relating to snakes.
- Windy; winding; twisty; sinuous, wavy.
- sly; cunning; deceitful.
- Covered with serpents; having serpents.
- One who sneaks; one who moves stealthily to acquire an item or information.
- A cheat; a con artist; a trickster
- An informer; a tell-tale.
- A ball bowled so as to roll along the ground; a daisy-cutter
- A sneaker; a tennis shoe.
- To creep or go stealthily; to come or go while trying to avoid detection, as a person who does not wish to be seen.
- To take something stealthily without permission.
- To hide, especially in a mean or cowardly manner.
- (informal, especially with on) To inform an authority about another's misdemeanours; to tell tales; to grass.
- In advance; before release to the general public.
- In a stealthy or surreptitious manner.
- Soaking wet; sopping; saturated.
- Characterised by soaking; involving a soak.
- A clumsy, foolish, or mentally deficient person.
- To beat, smack or slap a person's buttocks, with the bare hand or other object, as punishment, gesture, or form of sexual interaction.
- To soundly defeat, to trounce.
- To move rapidly.
- An instance of spanking, separately or part of a multiple blows-beating; a smack, swat, or slap.
- A slapping sound, as produced by spanking.
- A small particle of glowing matter, either molten or on fire.
- A short or small burst of electrical discharge.
- A small, shining body, or transient light; a sparkle.
- A small amount of something, such as an idea, that has the potential to become something greater, just as a spark can start a fire.
- (in plural sparks but treated as a singular) A ship's radio operator.
- An electrician.
- To trigger, kindle into activity (an argument, etc).
- To light; to kindle.
- To give off a spark or sparks.
- A gallant, a foppish young man.
- A beau, lover.
- To woo, court.
- The stem or main axis of a plant, which supports the seed-carrying parts.
- The petiole, pedicel, or peduncle of a plant.
- Something resembling the stalk of a plant, such as the stem of a quill.
- An ornament in the Corinthian capital resembling the stalk of a plant, from which the volutes and helices spring.
- One of the two upright pieces of a ladder.
- A stem or peduncle, as in certain barnacles and crinoids.
- The narrow basal portion of the abdomen of a hymenopterous insect.
- The peduncle of the eyes of decapod crustaceans.
- An iron bar with projections inserted in a core to strengthen it; a core arbor.
- To approach slowly and quietly in order not to be discovered when getting closer.
- To (try to) follow or contact someone constantly, often resulting in harassment.
- To walk slowly and cautiously; to walk in a stealthy, noiseless manner.
- To walk behind something, such as a screen, for the purpose of approaching game; to proceed under cover.
- A particular episode of trying to follow or contact someone.
- A hunt (of a wild animal).
- To walk haughtily.
- Lithe; nimble.
- A deception; a trick.
- Fashionably elegant.
- A fashionably elegant person.
- Ostentation; bravado.
- To swagger, to show off.
- A community holiday, particularly in northern England.
- A large yellow water lily ( found in the northwestern United States.
- The seeds of this water lily, eaten by the Klamath and others.
- A town in South Dakota, US.
- An auditory hallucination
- a species of clover with pinkish or white flowers.
- A sedimentary rock consisting of small fragments of feldspar and quartz similar to a coarse sand.
- shaking, aquiver
- Aslant, or sloping.
- Aslant, or askance, or sideways
- A member of a local African military or police unit, usually one serving in a European colonial force.
- The act or process of posing a question or making a request.
- A request, or petition.
- To abate; diminish.
- To moderate; mitigate; appease; satisfy.
- meaning "son of Atkin (Adam)".
- To take to task; tax; reprove; blame.
- A lightweight container, generally round, open at the top, and tapering toward the bottom.
- A wire or plastic container similar in shape to a basket, used for carrying articles for purchase in a shop.
- In an online shop, a notional place to store items before ordering them.
- A circular hoop, from which a net is suspended, which is the goal through which the players try to throw the ball.
- The act of putting the ball through the basket, thereby scoring points.
- The game of basketball.
- A dance movement in some line dances, where men put their arms round the women's lower backs, and the women put their arms over the mens' shoulders, and the group (usually of four, any more is difficult) spins round, which should result in the women's feet leaving the ground.
- A manbulge.
- In a stage-coach, two outside seats facing each other.
- A protection for the hand on a sword or a singlestick; a guard of a bladed weapon.
- A singlestick with a basket hilt.
- Where the pilot and passengers are.
- The bell or vase of the Corinthian capital.
- To place in a basket or in baskets.
- of ( spelling of).
- singular of spelling of
- To mask; cover or conceal with a mask; conceal.
- a punishment device, especially for scolding women, consisting of a cage to enclose the head, with a metal gag for the mouth
- A little box, e.g. for jewellery.
- An urn.
- A coffin.
- A gasket.
- To put into, or preserve in, a casket.
- a city in Minnesota, USA, and the county seat of Carver County.
- of in its various senses.
- "the skilled one", is an ancient creator god, one of the Prajapatis.
- The giving of a mantra or initiation by the guru in Indian religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism.
- Any mechanical seal that serves to fill the space between two objects, generally to prevent leakage between the two objects while under compression.
- A material which may be clamped between faces and acts as a static seal. Gaskets may be cut, formed, or molded to the desired configuration.
- Any of a wide variety of seals or packings used between matched machine parts or around pipe joints to prevent the escape of a gas or fluid.
- trousers, hose
- part of the hind leg of a horse, which is between the stifle and the hock.
- To cover, as with a mask; to disguise or conceal.
- To cover with a casque or as with a casque.
- A time when conditions are right for the accomplishment of a crucial action; the opportune and decisive moment.
- A kind of Ancient Greek water jug.
- A treated animal-skin cloak or blanket with the hair still left on.
- A traditional, large, semisubterranean men's communal house, in which communal and ceremonial events are hosted.
- The second largest city of Lithuania.
- A Turkish armed policeman or courier
- The game of skittles or ninepins, or the set of pins used in the game.
- Khaki-coloured/colored cotton trousers (pants).
- A khaki uniform of pants (trousers) or shorts, shirt, and hat or other head covering such as a turban.
- Baptized Sikhs, collectively.
- In Akkadian mythology, the daughter of Lahmu and Lahamu, the first children of Tiamat and Apsu.
- A five-stringed lyre used in Nubia, Abyssinia and northern Africa.
- A mental state, such as fear or ignorance, that clouds the mind and leads to unwholesome actions.
- An island in Micronesia.
- One of the four states that compose the Federated States of Micronesia.
- A city in Ghana.
- wet; moist
- Characteristic of the lake poets.
- A member of the a group of English Romantic poets from the Lake District.
- Wearing a mask or masks; characterized by masks; concealed; hidden.
- Having the anterior part of the head differing decidedly in color from the rest of the plumage; -- said of birds.
- To render giddy or senseless
- To be bewildered.
- To choke; stifle.
- To decay; rust.
- One who wears a mask; one who appears in disguise at a masquerade.
- That which masks (noise in a signal, etc.).
- A unit of weight in the Islamic world, usually taken as equivalent to 4.25 grams, used especially to weigh precious metals.
- A coin originally having such a weight.
- A river in Russia, a tributary of the Oka.
- To ask or proclaim for the last time.
- To announce or publish the banns of marriage of (a couple) in church for the third time.
- Dashingly, carelessly, or sportingly unconventional or stylish; jaunty; characterized by a devil-may-care unconventionality; having a somewhat disreputable quality or appearance.
- Like a rake; dissolute; profligate.
- Someone who plunders a village.
- a small sack or wallet
- a small, especially rascally or stupid, person
- An ibex of the Himalayas.
- The fifteenth letter of many Semitic alphabets/abjads (Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others).
- An administrative region under the Ottoman Empire, a subdivision of a vilayet.
- The governor of a sanjak; a sanjakbeg.
- A a Persian carpet of the style commonly produced in
- shriek; screech
- shriek; screech
- A First Nations people of the Athabaskan-speaking ethnolinguistic group in the Northern Interior of British Columbia, Canada.
- run-down, like a shack
- A brimless Russian fur cap.
- Resembling or characteristic of a shark.
- Hunting, sport; a hunting expedition.
- hunting guide (elsewhere besides India, e.g. Australia)
- A species of hawk, Accipiter badius.
- A non-Jewish girl, especially one who is attractive and young.
- A large highly decorative German/Dutch-style piece of furniture, which combines aspects of a clothing wardrobe, curio, and cabinet.
- A medium-sized lemur of the genus Propithecus.
- A province or district.
- The Government, the State.
- A native house servant.
- A person who skates.
- A member of skateboarding subculture, characterized by dingy and baggy clothes, and often wallet chains.
- A player who is not a goaltender.
- Any of numerous hemipterous insects in the family Gerridae, which run rapidly over the surface of the water, as if skating.
- A constituent of human faeces formed in the small intestines as a product of the putrefaction of albuminous matter; methyl indol, C9H9N.
- A porter at an airport.
- An outer space laboratory.
- An airplane route.
- An elevated road.
- a elevated corridor connecting buildings above ground level.
- Allayed; quenched; extinguished
- Mixed with water so that a true chemical combination has taken place
- A machine that slakes, or mixes a substance with water.
- Of food, suitable as a snack.
- Difficult to catch due to constantly outwitting the adversaries
- Dishonest; deceitful.
- Drenched with water, or other liquid.
- soaked, saturated; intoxicated
- One who, or that which, soaks.
- A person suffering from alcoholism.
- A kind of knitted woollen diaper.
- A kind of perforated hose used to distribute drips of water to a number of plants.
- brand spanking new
- A hybrid fish derived from a male brook trout and a female lake trout
- A hypothetical supersymmetric counterpart to a quark, having a spin of zero instead of one-half.
- A shrill noise, especially made by a voice or bird; a yell, scream, or call.
- A four-digit transponder code used by aircraft for identification or transmission of emergency signals.
- An issue or complaint related to aircraft maintenance.
- The American night heron.
- A warning message indicating a possible error.
- To make a squawking noise; to yell, scream, or call out shrilly.
- To speak out; to protest.
- To report an infraction; to rat on or tattle; to disclose a secret.
- To produce a warning message, indicating a possible error.
- To set or transmit a four-digit transponder code. definition
- A short, high-pitched sound, as of two objects rubbing together, or the calls of small animals.
- A card game similar to group solitaire.
- The sound made by mice in anticipation of being filled with cheese.
- A narrow squeak.
- To emit a short, high-pitched sound.
- To inform, to squeal.
- To speak or sound in a high-pitched manner.
- To empty the pile of 13 cards a player deals to oneself in the card game of the same name.
- To win or progress by a narrow margin.
- Long and thin, like a stalk of a plant.
- Of a plant, having stalks.
- Resembling or characteristic of a stalker.
- An iron fitting of a medieval cart wheel.
- A type of aerodynamic surface mounted on an aircraft fuselage to fine-tune the airflow.
- A continuous line of plates or planks running from bow to stern that contributes to a vessel's skin. (FM 55-501).
- A shaped piece of wood used to level a bed or contour the shape of a mould, as for a bell
- A trough for washing broken ore, gravel, or sand; a launder.
- A streak.
- To stretch.
- An irregular line left from smearing or motion.
- A continuous series of like events.
- The color of the powder of a mineral. So called, because a simple field test for a mineral is to streak it against unglazed white porcelain.
- A moth of the family Geometridae
- A tendency or characteristic, but not a dominant or pervasive one.
- A strake.
- A rung or round of a ladder.
- To have or obtain streaks.
- To run naked in public.
- To create streaks.
- To move very swiftly.
- To stretch; to extend; hence, to lay out, as a dead body.
- A temporary dwelling or booth used by practising Jews during Tabernacles (Sukkot).
- Rather posh, elegant, ritzy.
- An expression of gratitude.
- Grateful feelings or thoughts.
- Railroad tracks; the rails on which trains run.
- To remove from a cask.
- To remove a mask from someone.
- To expose, or reveal the true character of someone.
- To remove one's mask.
- An Armenian priest's vestment resembling the amice.
- A kind of supernatural being, usually depicted as a benevolent tutelary deity, that attends on the god of wealth.
- A kind of evil supernatural being, often depicted as having supernatural power, great strength, and frightening appearance; an asura; a demon.
- Nauseous due to the effects of motion of an airplane; suffering from motion sickness caused by air travel.
- Of or pertaining to arkose.
- Capable of being stated as a question.
- Capable of being consulted for an answer.
- With disapproval, skepticism, or suspicion.
- Sideways; obliquely.
- Turned to the side, especially of the eyes.
- A mixture of polychlorinated biphenyls, formerly used in electrical apparatus.
- the practice of severe self-discipline, asceticism
- Resembling an ass (the animal) or some aspect of one.
- Producing only asexual individuals.
- A handsaw that has a reinforcement along its back edge.
- A check; a relapse; a discouragement; a setback.
- Whatever is thrown back in its course, such as water.
- To plow again in the fall; said of prairie land broken up in the spring.
- A geographical region in the southeast of Europe, roughly equivalent to the area covered by Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia (and Kosovo), sometimes including Romania and Slovenia.
- A protective cone-shaped hood with lappets for wrapping around the neck, used especially by Turks and Cossacks.
- The act of one who basks.
- To shake roughly or violently.
- To speak about; tell of; relate; discuss.
- To speak for beforehand; engage in advance; make arrangements for; order or reserve in advance.
- To stipulate, solicit, ask for, or request, as in a favour.
- To forbode; foretell.
- To speak to; address.
- To betoken; show; indicate; foretell; suggest.
- To speak up or out; exclaim; speak.
- A request for a specific performance; a benefit performance, by a patron.
- A person belonging to an autochthonous South Slavic people living mainly in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Sandžak region of Serbia and Montenegro.
- A person typically characterized by their ties to the Bosnian historical region, traditional adherence to Islam, and common culture and language.
- A city in Russia, administrative centre of Bryansk oblast.
- A saw, in a metal frame, used to cut lengths of wood
- Dizzy or feeling nauseated due to riding in a vehicle; suffering from motion sickness.
- A military cloak or long coat worn by soldiers or horsemen in the 16th and 17th centuries.
- A coarse, loose cloak or gown, worn by women, sailors, shepherds, countryfolk etc.
- An item of clerical clothing: a long, sheath-like, close-fitting, ankle-length robe worn by clergy members of some Christian denominations.
- the skin of a cat, or leather made therefrom
- A political purge in Russia.
- A loose and brightly colored African shirt.
- A subeditor.
- Anyone who works at a desk, as in a police station.
- To strip of bark.
- To disembark.
- To remove a mask from.
- To uncover.
- To open a private enclosure, park, etc. to the public.
- To degrade from rank.
- To throw out of rank or into confusion.
Possible word length