Page 1 from 3
Total results: 2707
- A serving vessel or container, circular in cross-section and typically higher than it is wide, with a relatively small mouth or spout, an ear handle and often a stopper or top.
- The amount that a jug can hold.
- A woman's breasts.
- A kettle.
- To stew in an earthenware jug etc.
- To put into jail.
- To utter a sound like "jug", as certain birds do, especially the nightingale.
- To nestle or collect together in a covey.
- A splash.
- A mark left by a splash of water or mud.
- To splash; to slosh.
- of e.g. jour printer.
- name, today often transferred back from the surname.
- name, also used as a formal female given name.
- A girl or woman.
- The queen of the gods, equivalent of the Greek Hera.
- Short for the third main belt asteroid discovered.
- third person singular of jut
- A municipality in Croatia.
- fascinated with objects, events, or experiences which seem ordinary to others.
- A particular region: the southern part of the former princely state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The city of located on the banks of Tawi river, which is one the largest cities in this region and which serves as the winter capital of the Indian-administered part of Jammu and Kashmir.
- An ancient Indian machine used to raise water to irrigate land.
- A wearisome journey.
- A short excursion for pleasure or refreshment; a ramble; a short journey.
- To ramble here and there; to stroll; to make an excursion.
- To ride on a jaunting car.
- To jolt; to jounce.
- A large vessel for drinking (usually alcoholic beverages).
- A large quantity.
- The contents, or quantity of the contents, of such a vessel.
- The dialect of working-class Quebecers.
- A chained iron collar once used in churches to expose sinners to public scorn
- Chiefly U.S.: plural of journeymen
- A tilting match: a mock combat between two mounted knights or men-at-arms using lances in the lists or enclosed field.
- To engage in mock combat on horseback, as two knights in the lists; to tilt.
- To engage in verbal sparring over an important issue. (used of two people, both of whom participate more or less equally)
- To touch penises while engaging in a sex act, especially oral sex.
- A large vessel holding liquor.
- Fourth son of Jacob, by his wife Leah.
- One of the Israelite tribes, descended from Judah, from which David and his lineage came.
- The southern Israelite kingdom which continued to be ruled by the Davidic dynasty after Solomon's death and the breakup of the united monarchy, with the northern portion keeping the name Israel.
- Relating to a yoke or marriage
- Pertaining to the jugal bone.
- A bone found in the skull of most reptiles, amphibians and birds; the equivalent of a malar in mammals.
- One of the ridges commonly found on the fruit of umbelliferous plants.
- A pair of opposite leaflets of a pinnate plant.
- Having lots of juice.
- (of a story, etc.) Exciting; titillating.
- (of a blow, strike, etc.) Strong, painful.
- A refreshing drink flavored with aromatic herbs, especially mint.
- A diminutive of the female given name Julia.
- Any millipede in the order Julida.
- Any millipede in the family .
- Especially large or powerful.
- An especially large or powerful person, animal or thing.
- Nervous and excited.
- Resembling or characteristic of junk; cheap, worthless, or of low quality.
- A close-fitting sleeveless jacket, descending below the hips, worn over armour.
- A petticoat.
- Of or pertaining to law.
- Of or pertaining to moral rights and obligations.
- The jack, edible fish of the genera Caranx or Trachurus.
- A projection in a building; also, a pier or mole; a jetty
- To project outwards.
- A peasant, especially in pre-revolutionary (imperial) Russia.
- A spider monkey or capuchin.
- To remove a blockage from; to release from being jammed.
- The cashew tree. Lesley, ed. The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary. 5th. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2003.
- A cashew nut.
- The wood from the mahogany tree or other trees from the family Meliaceae.
- A moderate reddish brown that is slightly yellower and stronger than mahogany panel
- To modify.
- To improve or rectify.
- To settle an insurance claim.
- To change to fit circumstances.
- The capital of the Gambia.
- Any climbing woody vine of the tropics with the habit of a liana; in the Philippines, especially any of various species of Calamus, the cane or rattan palm.
- A geometric pattern sometimes observed on the surface of superfluid helium-3
- A species of tree ( native to Baja California, Mexico.
- A mudcat.
- A thin strip of food, usually fish or chicken.
- A major commercial timber species in the genus Dipterocarpus.
- A thin balsam or wood oil derived from this tree, used in medicine and as a substitute for linseed oil in paint.
- To wound or cause physical harm to a living creature.
- To damage or impair.
- To do injustice to.
- damage to the body of a human or animal
- violation of a person, their character, feelings, rights, property, or interests
- (archaic) injustice
- To wrong, to injure.
- A diminutive of the female given name Jacqueline and of its variant spellings.
- The state capital of Rajasthan (India).
- An evergreen tropical tree, Syzygium cumini.
- The plum-like fruit of this tree.
- As much as a jar will hold
- An earthnut, Bunium bulbocastanum.
- Not nutritious.
- Lacking matter; empty; devoid of substance.
- Naive; simplistic.
- To search (a ship) for unentered goods.
- a member of the Society of Jesus
- A crafty person; an intriguer.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of this society or its members
- Jovial; exuberant; lighthearted; merry and in high spirits; exhibiting happiness.
- The sixth book of the Old Testament of Bible, and a book of the Tanakh.
- The son of Nun, Judge of Israel following Moses; author of the Book of Joshua; Quranic figure.
- To jolt; to shake, especially by rough riding or by driving over obstructions.
- The fourth derivative of the position vector with respect to time; the time derivative of jerk.
- Feeling or causing joy.
- Full of joy; happy.
- Having a mane
- Having hair in the style of a mane
- A long outer garment worn by Muslims.
- Pertaining to the Jews, their culture or their religion.
- A spasmodic shaking.
- Jerky playback caused by converting between frame rates;
- To spasm or shake violently.
- Pertaining to Judea
- One who, or that which, judges.
- A judgmental person (contrasted with as a personality type).
- A book of the Old Testament of some Christian Bibles; a book of the Vulgate Apocrypha.
- The protagonist of the Biblical book of Judith.
- definition A wife of Esau.
- The uniform used for judo practice and competition, based on traditional Japanese clothing.
- name transferred from the surname.
- jugal (bone)
- The jugal point: a craniometric point corresponding to the angle between the vertical border and the margin of the zygomatic process of the malar bone.
- As much as a jug will hold.
- Having been cooked by jugging.
- Having a specified kind of jugs (breasts).
- To manipulate objects, such as balls, clubs, beanbags, rings, etc. in an artful or artistic manner. Juggling may also include assorted other circus skills such as the diabolo, devil sticks, hat, and cigar box manipulation as well.
- To handle or manage many tasks at once.
- To deceive by trick or artifice.
- To throw and catch each prop at least twice, as a opposed to a flash.
- That has had the juice extracted.
- On steroids.
- A manual or electrical device used for rendering the juice of fruits or vegetables.
- A (citrus) reamer.
- One who uses steroids.
- An alcoholic.
- The sweet and edible drupes (fruits) of several Mediterranean and African species of small trees.
- A fruit-bearing tree, Ziziphus jujuba or Ziziphus zizyphus.
- The fruit of this tree, also known as Chinese date and fructus jujubae.
- A fruit-bearing tree, Ziziphus mauritiana.
- The fruit of this tree, also known as Chinese date.
- A type of candy; specific type varies by country.
- One of the main characters of William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet.
- A woman who is or is with a great lover.
- By analogy with the Shakespearean character, a woman who is in love with a man from a family, party, or country opposing that of her own.
- The sixth moon of the planet Uranus.
- The letter J in the ICAO spelling alphabet.
- The fabled offspring of a bull and a mare.
- to mix or confuse
- to meet or unite in a confused way
- A mixture of unrelated things.
- Items for a rummage sale.
- A small, thin, sugared cake, usually ring-shaped.
- jumbled; haphazardly arranged
- An animal, especially a beast of burden.
- The capital city of the state of Alaska in the United States of America.
- A city in Wisconsin, USA
- A large, undeveloped, humid forest, especially in a tropical region, that is home to many wild plants and animals.
- A place where people behave ruthlessly, unconstrained by law or morality.
- An area where hobos camp together.
- A style of electronic music related to drum and bass.
- (U.K.) a migrant camp.
- (Israel; Texas, U.S.) a desert region
- Overgrown with jungle.
- A basket.
- A type of cream cheese, originally made in a rush basket; later, a food made of sweetened curds or rennet.
- A delicacy.
- A feast or banquet.
- A pleasure-trip; a journey made for feasting or enjoyment, now especially a trip made ostensibly for business but which entails merrymaking or entertainment.
- 20-40 table gaming rooms for which the capacity and limits change daily. Junket rooms are often rented out to private vendors who run tour groups through them and give a portion of the proceeds to the main casino.
- To go on or attend a junket.
- A Brazilian palm, Raphia taedigera, whose long stalks are used in constructing buildings
- Under oath; swearing.
- One who has taken an oath, especially a religious one.
- In a just or fair manner; rightfully.
- With a just or fair use of language; with good reason, properly.
- With great precision; accurately, exactly.
- Of or relating to the Jutes.
- The capital atoll of the Marshall Islands
- That which jets out or projects; a protrusion.
- To jut outward.
- Part of something that juts outward; a protrusion.
- Someone who performs a puja, especially a priest in a Hindu temple.
- A geographical region in South Asia, divided (by the between India and Pakistan. Pakistani Punjab includes the (West) Punjab Province and parts of the Islamabad Capital Territory; Indian Punjab includes (East) Punjab State and some other territories.
- A member of the kshatriya Hindu caste in India
- A Persianate Muslim dynasty, of Oghuz Turkic origin, which established both the Great Seljuq Empire and Sultanate of Rum, between the 11th and 14th centuries, in large parts of Southwest Asia and Asia Minor, respectively.
- Of or pertaining to this dynasty, or to the empire/sultanate that it ruled.
- A member of this dynasty.
- The longest of five rivers that run through Punjab in both India and Pakistan.
- A substance extracted from trees of the genus Thuja, probably identical with quercitrin.
- To separate or detach (things that were joined).
- To cease to be a member of; to leave.
- Not fair, just or right.
- To confiscate by judicial decision.
- Having been renounced, forsworn or rejected.
- To postpone.
- To defer; to put off temporarily or indefinitely.
- To end or suspend an event.
- To move from one place to another.
- To declare to be.
- To deem or determine to be.
- To award judicially; to assign.
- An appendage; something attached to something else in a subordinate capacity.
- A person associated with another, usually in a subordinate position; a colleague.
- A quality or property of the body or mind, whether natural or acquired, such as colour in the body or judgement in the mind.
- A key or scale closely related to another as principal; a relative or attendant key.
- A dispensable phrase in a clause or sentence that amplifies its meaning, such as "for a while" in "I typed for a while".
- A constituent which is both the daughter and the sister of an X-bar.
- One of a pair of morphisms which relate to each other through a pair of adjoint functors.
- Connected in a subordinate function.
- Added to a faculty or staff in a secondary position.
- A male adjutant; a helper or assistant; The Oxford English Dictionary (2007)
- capital of Brazil
- A painted tin-glazed ceramic tile of a kind found in Spain and Portugal, often arranged to form geometric patterns.
- To greet in French with "bonjour".
- A wandering grain and salt merchant in the Deccan Plateau.
- One of a group of people who swear an oath together
- Any member of the Cucujidae.
- a historical region shared by Bulgaria and Romania, located between the lower Danube river and the Black Sea
- An officer tasked with the administration of a sarkar.
- A style of rural Cuban music.
- State in western India which has Gandhinagar as its capital.
- To put an injunction against.
- One who injures something.
- A former English gold coin from the Jacobite period.
- A diminutive of the female given name Jacqueline and of its variant spellings.
- Of, from, or pertaining to, Jaipur
- Someone from Jaipur.
- A piece of armour for the leg.
- The first month of the Gregorian calendar, following the December of the previous year and preceding February. Abbreviation: Jan or Jan.
- Suspecting rivalry in love; troubled by worries that one might have been replaced in someone's affections; suspicious of a lover or spouse's fidelity.
- Protective, zealously guarding, careful in the protection of something one has or appreciates.
- Envious; feeling resentful or angered toward someone for a perceived advantage or success, material or otherwise.
- Suspecting, suspicious.
- Of or pertaining to the jejunum
- A customs officer who searches ships for unentered goods.
- Given to jesting; full of jokes.
- A member of a religious order founded by Giovanni Colombini of Siena
- The low-growing tropical American shrub (formerly Pedilanthus tithymaloides).
- A member of an Indian people of northern Honduras.
- The language of these people.
- Humorous, amusing or joking.
- A person who jousts
- A horse used for jousting
- Pertaining to, or having the character of, a jubilee.
- One who believes and practices Judaism.
- To impose Jewish observances or rites upon; to convert to Judaism.
- the Judaeo-Spanish language
- The act of making a judgment.
- A person who does judo.
- Coupled together.
- a Roman unit of area.
- The process of stewing in an earthenware jar.
- A fool; someone very credulous or easily fooled.
- Agent noun of juggle; one who either literally juggles objects, or figuratively juggles tasks.
- A person who practices juggling.
- A person who performs tricks using sleight of hand, a conjurer, prestidigitator.
- A magician or wizard.
- An allelopathic aromatic compound found in the leaves, roots, husks, and bark of plants in the Juglandaceae family, particularly the black walnut, used as a colouring agent.
- Relating to, or located near, the neck or throat.
- Having ventral fins attached under the throat.
- Relating to juggling.
- Vein through the neck (or thorax) that returns blood from the head back towards the heart. Properly this is called the jugular vein.
- Any critical vulnerability.
- The practice of juju.
- One who practises juju.
- name recently borrowed from Spanish.
- In disarray, mixed up.
- One who jumbles, muddles, or confuses.
- twin; paired; said of various objects made or formed in pairs, such as a binocular opera glass, a pair of gimmal rings, etc.
- An object made or formed as a pair, such as a binocular opera glass.
- nervously, or restlessly
- Excellent, very fun.
- The act of performing a jump.
- Full of rushes; resembling rushes; juncaceous.
- A juncture, especially a means of attaching incoming and outgoing lines in an analog telephone exchange
- Of or pertaining to the psychology of Carl Jung.
- One who follows the psychology of Carl Jung.
- Covered by jungle
- One who is impaneled on a jury, or who serves as a juror.
- Of or in the jussive mood (see below)
- The jussive mood, a verb inflection used to indicate a command, permission or agreement with a request; an instance of a verb so inflected.
- A verbal mood of vague or miscellaneous senses, occurring after some particles and in conditional clauses.
- To provide an acceptable explanation for.
- To be a good, acceptable reason for; warrant.
- To arrange (text) on a page or a computer screen such that the left and right ends of all lines within paragraphs are aligned.
- To absolve, and declare to be free of blame or sin.
- To prove; to ratify; to confirm.
- To show (a person) to have had a sufficient legal reason for an act that has been made the subject of a charge or accusation.
- To qualify (oneself) as a surety by taking oath to the ownership of sufficient property.
- That which juts or protrudes.
- Of a young bird, that has its first flying plumage.
- A juvenal bird.
- A juvenile.
- Hampea reynae, a plant endemic to El Salvador.
- a person who has immigrated.
- The plant Rubia cordifolia, or Indian madder; the dye extracted from the plant.
- Any of various species of east Asian deer of the genus Muntiacus, having short antlers and a barking call.
- Not a jury, or not involving a jury.
- A group of people other than a jury.
- To jump better than; particularly higher than, or further than.
- The deliberate giving of false or misleading testimony under oath.
- To adjourn; to put off.
- Any of several species of South American monkeys of the genus Cebus, with long prehensile tails.
- Separate; separated.
- A short stay somewhere.
- A temporary residence.
- To reside somewhere temporarily, especially as a guest or lodger.
- Likely to be affected by or to experience something.
- Conditional upon.
- Placed or situated under; lying below, or in a lower situation.
- Placed under the power of another; owing allegiance to a particular sovereign or state.
- In a clause: the word or word group (usually a noun phrase) that is dealt with. In active clauses with verbs denoting an action, the subject and the actor are usually the same.
- An actor; one who takes action.
- The main topic of a paper, work of art, discussion, field of study, etc.
- A particular area of study.
- A citizen in a monarchy.
- A person ruled over by another, especially a monarch or state authority.
- The main theme or melody, especially in a fugue.
- A human, animal or an inanimate object that is being examined, treated, analysed, etc.
- A being that has subjective experiences, subjective consciousness, or a relationship with another entity.
- That of which something is stated.
- To cause (someone or something) to undergo a particular experience, especially one that is unpleasant or unwanted.
- To add something to the end; to append or annex
- Any of several isomeric bicyclic monoterpenes found in various herbs.
- Either of two isomers of a bicyclic monoterpenoid ketone found in several aromatic plants
- To dislocate.
- To disjoint.
- Not jolly; glum.
- To remove the judiciary office from (an individual); unseat.
- To undo or remove the judgement from.
- Not juicy, in various senses
- To unyoke; set free; uncouple.
- To yoke an animal to something
- The transpose of the respective cofactor matrix, for a given matrix. One of the factors in calculating the inverse of a matrix. Commonly notated as adj(A), where A is the given matrix.
- Help; support.
- One who helps.
- Which has been compensated in order to avoid bias.
- One who adjusts, especially for the insurance industry's employment title "loss adjuster" (or "claims adjuster" in the United States).
- Serving to help or assist.
- helping; helpful; assisting.
- Designating a supplementary form of treatment; specifically, a cancer therapy administered after removal of a primary tumour.
- Someone who helps or facilitates; an assistant, a helper.
- Something that enhances the effectiveness of a medical treatment; a supplementary treatment.
- An additive (as in a drug) that aids or modifies the action of the principal ingredient.
- An additive (often a separate product) that enhances the efficacy of pesticide products, but has little or no pesticidal activity itself.
- A substance enhancing the immune response to an antigen.
- To subject (someone) to Jesuits or Jesuit belief.
- To confuse; to confound.
- To throw into confusion; jumble.
- Of a compound leaf, having two pairs of leaflets
- Of leaf arrangement, having pairs of (opposite) leaves, spirally arranged, producing a double spiralBell, Adrian D. 1997. Plant form: an illustrated guide to flowering plant morphology. Oxford University Press, Oxford, U.K. ISBN:0198542194<references/>
- Wolverine, a solitary, fierce member of the weasel family.
- To adjust by mutual adaptations.
- Of or relating to marriage, or the relationship of spouses.
- Either term of a conjunction.
- An adjunct that supplements a sentence with information, connecting the sentence with previous parts of the discourse. Not considered to be an essential part of the propositional content.
- Acting together; collaborative.
- One who conjures, a magician.
- One who performs parlor tricks, sleight of hand.
- One who conjures; one who calls, entreats, or charges in a solemn manner.
- One who conjectures shrewdly or judges wisely; a man of sagacity.
- A cooking appliance comprising of a pot (large or small) with a gridiron wielded beneath it, like a brazier, used for cooking methods such as broiling.
- One bound by a common oath with others.
- A coastal sea squirt, found in some parts of Australia and South Africa.
- One of multiple propositions, any of which, if true, confirm the validity of another proposition (a disjunction).
- Any sentence element that is not fully integrated into the clausal structure of the sentence.
- An adverbial that expresses the speaker's or writer's attitude towards, or descriptive statement of, the propositional content of the associated clause or sentence.
- Separate; discontinuous; not connected.
- Occurring in widely separated geographic areas.
- in Eastern Africa, official name: Republic of Djibouti
- capital city of Djibouti.
- To exclude, oust, or dispossess by a judgment; prohibit (from).
- To condemn judicially (to a penalty).
- Fabulous, joyous; great, wonderful.
- A variety of chili, a dried mirasol.
- A huajillo
- Unjustly, unfairly.
- A large city in India, in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
- Fabric woven on a Jacquard loom.
- Fabric resembling a jacquard, but woven by a different process.
- A jacquard loom.
- To throw or cast, as a dart; to throw out; to emit.
- A morbid condition, characterized by yellowness of the eyes, skin, and urine, whiteness of the feces, constipation, queasiness, loss of appetite, and general languor and lassitude. It is caused usually by obstruction of the biliary passage and consequent occlusion, in the liver, of the bile, which is then absorbed into the blood. Other causes include increased hemolysis and any liver disease. The discoloration is caused by accumulation of bilirubin in the body; bilirubin is normally excreted in bile to give feces their normal yellow-brown coloration.
- To affect with jaundice; to color by prejudice or envy; to prejudice.
- In an airy, showy, or affected manner.
- In a dapper or stylish manner.
- In an ostentatiously self-confident manner.
- The act of taking a jaunt.
- A state of suspicious guarding towards a spouse, lover etc., from fears of infidelity.
- A resentment towards someone for a perceived advantage or superiority they hold.
- Envy towards another's possessions
- A close concern for someone or something, solicitude, vigilance.
- A town in the Scottish Borders region.
- In a jejune manner.
- a tree of the oleander subfamily.
- The searching of a ship for unentered goods; verbal noun of "to
- Conforming to the principles of the Jesuits.
- Of or relating to the Jesuits, or to their principles and methods.
- cunning; deceitful; crafty
- Jesuitism; subtle argument.
- In a jocund manner.
- Flared riding trousers of heavy cloth, fitting tightly from knee to ankle.
- A joining; a joint.
- An estate settled on a wife, which she is to enjoy after her husband's death, for her own life at least, in satisfaction of dower.
- To settle a jointure upon.
- Titus Flavius Josephus, a Romano-Jewish scholar, historian and hagiographer
- A motion that jounces.
- A medieval European sport in which mounted knights charged at each other bearing lances.
- Any activity in which two people spar with each other verbally.
- In a joyful manner; joyously.
- In a joyful manner; joyfully.
- In a state of elation.
- A descendant of Judah (the patriarch).
- A descendant or member of the tribe of Judah.
- An inhabitant of the ancient kingdom of Judah.
- Of or pertaining to Judah (the patriarch), to the tribe of Judah, or to the ancient kingdom of Judah, or its inhabitants.
- One who conforms to or inculcates Judaism.
- One of the Jews who accepted Christianity but still adhered to the law of Moses and worshipped in the temple at Jerusalem.
- The act of judging.
- The power or faculty of performing such operations; especially, when unqualified, the faculty of judging or deciding rightly, justly, or wisely
- The conclusion or result of judging; an opinion; a decision.
- The act of determining, as in courts of law, what is conformable to law and justice; also, the determination, decision, or sentence of a court, or of a judge.
- The final award; the last sentence.
- Of or relating to the administration of justice.
- Of or relating to the court system or the judicial branch of government.
- Of or relating to judgeship or the judiciary, the collective body of judges.
- That branch of government which is responsible for maintaining the courts of law and for the administration of justice.
- The art of a juggler (i.e. trickery or deception).
- An instance of such trickery or deception.
- The art of moving objects, such as balls, clubs, beanbags, rings, etc. in an artful or artistic manner.
- An act or instance of juggling; a reshuffle.
- To cut the throat of.
- name, variant of Juliana.
- The act by which something is jumbled or confused.
- Able to be jumped.
- Any of a number of North American fish in the sucker genus
- A trailside plant, with a long seedstalk bearing adhesive seeds.
- Characterised or marked by jumping
- a one-piece item of clothing originally used by parachutists
- a similar item of clothing used for outdoor sports such as skiing
Possible word length