Page 2 from 7
Total results: 6891
- A peasant, especially in pre-revolutionary (imperial) Russia.
- an extensive depression having a flat floor and steep walls but no outflowing surface stream and found in a region having karst topography (as in parts of Yugoslavia)
- The seventh month of the Islamic calendar.
- a Hindu prince or ruler in India
- name. It is a common male name in India. The name means 'lotus flower' in Hindi. In Sanskrit, the word means 'Sri Krishna'.
- To tweak or rearrange.
- A traditional Malaysian and Indonesian fruit and vegetable salad dish.
- A spider monkey or capuchin.
- A society; a congregation; a worshipping assembly, or church, especially of the Brahmo Samaj.
- A person from Tajikistan or of Tajik descent.
- The Persian dialect spoken in Tajikistan.
- Of, from, or pertaining to Tajikistan, the Tajik people (living in Tajikistan and Afghanistan) or the Tajiki dialect of Persian.
- To remove a blockage from; to release from being jammed.
- A ritual of sacrifice to the Devas.
- Rejected; cast aside.
- Sunk to or existing in a low condition, state, or position.
- Cast down in spirit or hope; degraded; servile; grovelling; despicable; lacking courage; offered in a humble and often ingratiating spirit.
- Showing utter hopelessness, helplessness; showing resignation; wretched.
- A person in the lowest and most despicable condition; a castaway; outcast.
- To cast off or out; to reject.
- To cast down; hence, to abase; to degrade; to lower; to debase.
- The cashew tree. Lesley, ed. The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary. 5th. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2003.
- A cashew nut.
- The wood from the mahogany tree or other trees from the family Meliaceae.
- A moderate reddish brown that is slightly yellower and stronger than mahogany panel
- To be in contact or connection with.
- To extend an algebraic object (e.g. a field, a ring etc.) by adding to it (an element not belonging to it) and all finite power series of (the element).
- To modify.
- To improve or rectify.
- To settle an insurance claim.
- To change to fit circumstances.
- In the southwestern US, a slope, specifically part of a piedmont slope made of rocky detritus.
- The capital of the Gambia.
- To play a trick on; trick or befool.
- Any climbing woody vine of the tropics with the habit of a liana; in the Philippines, especially any of various species of Calamus, the cane or rattan palm.
- A diminutive of the male given name Benjamin.
- A type of Indian devotional song.
- A type of hornblendic gabbro.
- A geometric pattern sometimes observed on the surface of superfluid helium-3
- A species of tree ( native to Baja California, Mexico.
- To join together; to conjoin.
- spelling of (the food)
- A triangular sail on old sailing ships.
- disc jockey.
- To perform as a disc jockey.
- Make sad or dispirited.
- To cast down.
- The fortified tower of a motte or early castle; a keep.
- An Israelite prophet in the Abrahamic religions
- To lay upon, as an order or command; to give an injunction to; to direct with authority; to order; to charge.
- To prohibit or restrain by a judicial order or decree; to put an injunction on.
- A Tex-Mex dish of strips of spicy marinated meat and/or vegetables in a soft flour tortilla, often served with salad or a savoury filling.
- A turbofan engine.
- An airplane powered by turbofan engines.
- A South American evergreen shrub, (syn. having sweet, tart fruit.
- The green, ellipsoid fruit of this shrub.
- In the Levant, a small coffee cup without a handle, held instead in a zarf.
- The goddess of love, fertility, beauty and seiðr, who receives half of those who die in battle in her heavenly abode of Fólkvangr (the other half going to Odin's hall, Valhalla), and whose chariot is drawn by cats.
- A mudcat.
- A thin strip of food, usually fish or chicken.
- A major commercial timber species in the genus Dipterocarpus.
- A thin balsam or wood oil derived from this tree, used in medicine and as a substitute for linseed oil in paint.
- A mud formed from the partial decay of peat.
- To push or pump (something, especially fluids) into a cavity or passage.
- To introduce (something) suddenly or violently.
- To administer an injection to (someone or something), especially of medicine or drugs.
- To take or be administered something by means of injection, especially medicine or drugs.
- To introduce (code) into an existing program or its memory space, often without tight integration and sometimes through a security vulnerability.
- To cast or throw; used with on.
- To wound or cause physical harm to a living creature.
- To damage or impair.
- To do injustice to.
- damage to the body of a human or animal
- violation of a person, their character, feelings, rights, property, or interests
- (archaic) injustice
- To wrong, to injure.
- A device, particularly one used in the printing of documents, which propels tiny droplets of ink to the paper.
- An inkjet printer.
- To talk rapidly, indistinctly, or unintelligibly; to utter gibberish or nonsense.
- To utter rapidly or indistinctly; to gabble.
- Rapid or incoherent talk, with indistinct utterance; gibberish.
- Lying at length.
- Any of certain wild canids of the genus Canis, native to the tropical Old World and smaller than a wolf.
- A person who performs menial/routine tasks, a dogsbody.
- A person who behaves in an opportunistic way; especially a base collaborator.
- A jack (the playing card.)
- To perform menial or routine tasks
- One who hunts at night using a jacklight
- A piece of clothing worn on the upper body outside a shirt or blouse, often waist length to thigh length.
- A piece of a person's suit, beside trousers and, sometimes, waistcoat; coat
- A removable or replaceable protective or insulating cover for an object (e.g. a book, hot water tank.)
- A police record.
- In ordnance, a strengthening band surrounding and reinforcing the tube in which the charge is fired.
- To enclose or encase in a jacket or other covering.
- A diminutive of the male given name Jack or John.
- A diminutive of the female given name Jacqueline, Jacquelyn
- name, one of the 20th-century spelling variants of Jacqueline.
- A diminutive of the female given name Jacqueline and of its variant spellings.
- The tricks of a jade, or old horse.
- Vicious and ill-tempered, like a jade.
- a city in northern Sri Lanka
- Unevenly cut; having the texture of something so cut.
- Having a rough quality.
- Of an array, having a different cardinality in each dimension, such that a representation on paper would appear uneven.
- An assignment of the produce and income of a particular district or village to a person or persons, as an annuity; also, the district itself.
- One who enforces confinement in a jail or prison.
- The state capital of Rajasthan (India).
- An old, dilapidated vehicle.
- A light, fashionable walking-cane of the eighteenth century.
- An evergreen tropical tree, Syzygium cumini.
- The plum-like fruit of this tree.
- Stupid person, fool.
- A kind of litter or palanquin formerly used in India.
- To make a rattling metallic sound.
- To cause something to make a rattling metallic sound.
- To irritate.
- To quarrel in words; to wrangle.
- A rattling metallic sound.
- Idle talk; prate; chatter; babble.
- Accompanied by a jangling sound.
- name, a twentieth century variant of Jane, or borrowed from French.
- A long pole on two wheels, used in hauling logs.
- An unincorporated community in Colorado
- A village in Nebraska
- A village in Saskatchewan, Canada
- As much as a jar will hold
- To emit a harsh or discordant sound.
- An earthnut, Bunium bulbocastanum.
- a eucalypt tree occurring in the south west of Western Australia, or its wood.
- Contained in a jar.
- A town on the River Tyne in north east England and part of the South Tyneside district of Tyne and Wear.
- A hackney coach driver.
- The driver of a jaunting car.
- derived from a form of Gervase.
- name transferred back from the surname.
- Any member of the Jassidae.
- Any of a large number of Indian tales concerning the previous lives of
- lieutenant junior grade
- derived from a medieval variant of
- A member of a junior varsity team.
- played in a jazz style
- A diminutive of the female given name Jean.
- One who jeers; a mocker.
- name, a spelling variant of Jeffrey
- Not nutritious.
- Lacking matter; empty; devoid of substance.
- Naive; simplistic.
- The bodice of women or vest of men worn in the Ottoman Empire.
- An elastic-sided boot.
- name, either transferred from the surname Jenkins or derived from the medieval given name Jankin, the pet form of Jan
- variant of Jenkins, especially in the south-west of England
- A hamlet in Alberta, Canada
- A in California, USA
- A female ass or donkey; a jenny.
- A small Spanish horse.
- A diminutive of the female given names Jane and Jennifer, also used as a formal given name.
- of or origin.
- name transferred from the surname.
- An English male given name.
- name, a nonstandard spelling of Gerald.
- Any of a number of species comprising most of the family Dipodidae, native to the deserts of Asia and northern Africa, being a small, jumping rodent with a long tufted tail, very small forefeet and very long hind legs.
- A blunt javelin used by the people of the Levant, especially in mock fights.
- A type of men's garment popular in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries: a close-fitting collarless jacket, with or without sleeves.
- A sleeveless jacket, usually leather; a long waistcoat.
- To search (a ship) for unentered goods.
- Having jesses on, as a hawk.
- The individual who is the subject of a joke.
- One who jests, jokes or mocks.
- A person in colourful garb and fool's cap who amused a medieval and early modern royal or noble court.
- a member of the Society of Jesus
- A crafty person; an intriguer.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of this society or its members
- The father-in-law of Moses.
- articles thrown overboard from a ship or boat in order to lighten the load of a ship in distress
- discarded odds and ends
- The realm, sphere, influence, or domain of Jews; the whole body of Jews collectively; Jewry.
- The state or condition of being a Jew; Jewishness.
- name transferred back from the surname.
- name, a rare variant of Jewel.
- A city in Kansas.
- A hamlet in New York.
- derived from a medieval English pet form of Julian.
- Being a Jew, or relating to Jews, their ethnicity, religion or culture.
- The Yiddish language.
- An Afghan matchlock or flintlock musket fired from a forked rest.
- The Hemitragus jemlahicus ( <=
- A horse that jibs, i.e. refuses, stops short.
- A double-ended vessel, generally of stainless steel or other metal, one end of which typically measures 1 1/2 fluid ounces, the other typically 1 fluid ounce.
- A measure of 1 1/2 fluid ounces of liquor.
- The sieve used in sorting or separating ore.
- One who jigs; a miner who sorts or cleans ore by the process of jigging.
- A horizontal lathe used in producing flatware.
- A device used in the dyeing of cloth.
- A pendulum rolling machine for slicking or graining leather.
- A wooden or metal headed golf club used to play low flying shots to the putting green from short distances.
- A light tackle, consisting of a double and single block and the fall, used for various purposes, as to increase the purchase on a topsail sheet in hauling it home; the watch tackle.
- A jiggermast.
- A small fishing vessel, rigged like a yawl.
- A device used by fishermen to set their nets under the ice of frozen lakes.
- One who dances jigs; an odd-looking person.
- A short board or plank inserted into tree for a person to stand on while cutting off higher branches.
- A railway jigger, a small motorized or human powered vehicle used by railway workers to traverse railway tracks.
- To alter or adjust, particularly in ways not originally intended.
- To use a jigger.
- To move, send, or drive with a jerk; to jerk; also, to drive or send over with a jerk, as a golf ball.
- A sandflea, Tunga penetrans, of the order Siphonaptera; chigoe.
- A larva of any of several mites in the family chigger, harvest mite.
- A prison; a jail cell.
- An alleyway separating the backs of two rows of houses.
- A penis.
- A vagina.
- A door.
- An illegal distillery.
- To imprison.
- To confound; to damn.
- A leg (of meat, regarded as food); a gigot of beef or lamb or other meat.
- To gad; to move from one place to another in a (seemingly) flippant or idle manner.
- a weak, shaking movement.
- To shake something gently; to rattle or wiggle.
- To shake, rattle, or wiggle.
- One who jilts another.
- Placeholder word for a thing or person nonspecific, unknown or forgotten; thingamabob.
- Nonsense; rigmarole.
- Chaotic activity; uproar; craziness.
- Crazy; insane or befuddled.
- To cram together in a jumbled fashion.
- To befuddle or stupefy.
- To dance ecstatically.
- To copulate.
- A type of gun, usually a light piece mounted on a swivel, sometimes taking the form of a heavy musket fired from a rest.
- The sound of metal or glass clattering against itself.
- A short song, or in some cases a snippet of a popular song with its lyrics modified, used for the purposes of advertising a product or service in a TV or radio commercial.
- A carriage drawn by horses.
- A brief phone call; a ring.
- To make a noise of metal or glass clattering against itself.
- To cause to make a noise of metal or glass clattering against itself.
- To rhyme or sound with a jingling effect.
- that jingles, having a jingling sound.
- A high wheeled wagon designed to carry lumber suspended under the body of the vehicle.
- commonly known as Jinnah, lawyer, politician and the founder of Pakistan.
- of Gujarati origin, most prominently of the family of Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
- The Jinsha River in Qinghai and western Sichuan, the headwater of the Yangtze
- The Jinsha culture in prehistoric China, named for its type site
- Jinsha, the archaeological site named for a nearby street
- A small bus or minibus which typically operates service on a fixed route, sometimes scheduled.
- An unlicensed taxi cab.
- A shared-ride taxi.
- A small coin, a nickel.
- Very inexpensive.
- An informal lawn bowling competition in which all players present are randomly drawn into teams. This usage may have some currency in the US due to exposure from Canadian players wintering in the southern US.
- A fraudulent arrangement whereby a broker who has direct access to an exchange executes trades on behalf of a broker who doesn't.
- A nervous action; a tic.
- A state of nervousness.
- An abrupt and unwanted variation of one or more signal characteristics.
- To be nervous.
- A program or routine that performs jitting.
- A group of indigenous peoples in the headwaters of the Marañon River and its tributaries in northern Peru and eastern Ecuador.
- A diminutive of the female given name Joan.
- One who works by the job and recruit other people.
- An intermediary who buys and sells merchandise.
- A type of intermediary in the apparel industry, as well as others, who buys excess merchandise from brand owners and manufacturers, and sells to retailers at prices that are 20-70% below wholesale.
- A market maker on the stock exchange
- A promoter or broker of stocks for investment.
- A performer whose primary role is to lose to established talent.
- A thing (
- A man who perceives himself as straight and is the aggressive top in a relationship between two men, especially in prison.
- given to jest; habitually jolly
- playful; characterized by joking
- Jovial; exuberant; lighthearted; merry and in high spirits; exhibiting happiness.
- A person who jogs (as exercise).
- A tracksuit, particularly the trousers.
- A printing press operator who removes, jogs, and stacks the sheets or signatures of paper.
- To shake slightly; to push suddenly but slightly, so as to cause to shake or totter; to jostle; to jog.
- To shake or totter; to slip out of place.
- To jog or run while juggling.
- To join by means of joggles, so as to prevent sliding apart; sometimes, loosely, to dowel.
- A step formed in material by two adjacent reverse bends.
- A notch or tooth in the joining surface of any piece of building material to prevent slipping.
- A preparation made from used as an allergen in cases of paratuberculosis (Johne's disease).
- A thing that joins two separate items, e.g. software to connect video or music clips.
- A maker of wooden furniture or fittings.
- A person who joins societies or organizations.
- a shrub native to the southwestern United States and to Mexico, the only plant known to store liquid wax in its seed.
- Kidding, trying to fool.
- The act of telling or engaging in jokes.
- Inclined to joke; jocular
- A city in Illinois, United States
- A town in Montana, United States.
- A file system specification that extends to relax restrictions on filenames.
- A strong liquor or medicine.
- One who, or that which, jolts.
- A musical style resembling the waltz, performed in Venezuela and Colombia.
- A Venezuelan dance associated with this music.
- A person who joshes or ridicules
- The sixth book of the Old Testament of Bible, and a book of the Tanakh.
- The son of Nun, Judge of Israel following Moses; author of the Book of Joshua; Quranic figure.
- A king of Judah.
- name, the New Testament Greek form of Josiah.
- a yokel, country bumpkin
- name, a modern spelling variant of Jocelyn.
- An outsider working in a circus.
- A man, especially one who seems foolish or simpleminded.
- A clergyman.
- To bump into or brush against while in motion; to push aside.
- To move through by pushing and shoving.
- To be close to or in physical contact with.
- To contend or vie in order to acquire something.
- To pick or attempt to pick pockets.
- The act of jostling someone or something; push, shove.
- The action of a jostling crowd.
- A memorandum book.
- Someone who jots.
- To jolt; to shake, especially by rough riding or by driving over obstructions.
- The fourth derivative of the position vector with respect to time; the time derivative of jerk.
- Pertaining to Jove or Zeus; Jovian.
- Pertaining to the planet Jupiter; Jovian.
- Under the influence of the planet Jupiter (considered a source of happiness).
- Merry; cheerful and good-humored.
- A dog with large jowls, such as the beagle.
- A mounted peddler of fish.
- A buyer and seller of fish.
- Joyous, joyful or jolly.
- Feeling or causing joy.
- Full of joy; happy.
- To uses drugs recreationally without becoming addicted.
- Having a mane
- Having hair in the style of a mane
- A long outer garment worn by Muslims.
- Pertaining to the Jews, their culture or their religion.
- A spasmodic shaking.
- Jerky playback caused by converting between frame rates;
- To spasm or shake violently.
- Pertaining to Judea
- One who, or that which, judges.
- A judgmental person (contrasted with as a personality type).
- A book of the Old Testament of some Christian Bibles; a book of the Vulgate Apocrypha.
- The protagonist of the Biblical book of Judith.
- definition A wife of Esau.
- The uniform used for judo practice and competition, based on traditional Japanese clothing.
- name transferred from the surname.
- jugal (bone)
- The jugal point: a craniometric point corresponding to the angle between the vertical border and the margin of the zygomatic process of the malar bone.
- As much as a jug will hold.
- Having been cooked by jugging.
- Having a specified kind of jugs (breasts).
- To manipulate objects, such as balls, clubs, beanbags, rings, etc. in an artful or artistic manner. Juggling may also include assorted other circus skills such as the diabolo, devil sticks, hat, and cigar box manipulation as well.
- To handle or manage many tasks at once.
- To deceive by trick or artifice.
- To throw and catch each prop at least twice, as a opposed to a flash.
- That has had the juice extracted.
- On steroids.
- A manual or electrical device used for rendering the juice of fruits or vegetables.
- A (citrus) reamer.
- One who uses steroids.
- An alcoholic.
- The sweet and edible drupes (fruits) of several Mediterranean and African species of small trees.
- A fruit-bearing tree, Ziziphus jujuba or Ziziphus zizyphus.
- The fruit of this tree, also known as Chinese date and fructus jujubae.
- A fruit-bearing tree, Ziziphus mauritiana.
- The fruit of this tree, also known as Chinese date.
- A type of candy; specific type varies by country.
- One of the main characters of William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet.
- A woman who is or is with a great lover.
- By analogy with the Shakespearean character, a woman who is in love with a man from a family, party, or country opposing that of her own.
- The sixth moon of the planet Uranus.
- The letter J in the ICAO spelling alphabet.
- The fabled offspring of a bull and a mare.
- to mix or confuse
- to meet or unite in a confused way
- A mixture of unrelated things.
- Items for a rummage sale.
- A small, thin, sugared cake, usually ring-shaped.
- jumbled; haphazardly arranged
- An animal, especially a beast of burden.
- The capital city of the state of Alaska in the United States of America.
- A city in Wisconsin, USA
- A large, undeveloped, humid forest, especially in a tropical region, that is home to many wild plants and animals.
- A place where people behave ruthlessly, unconstrained by law or morality.
- An area where hobos camp together.
- A style of electronic music related to drum and bass.
- (U.K.) a migrant camp.
- (Israel; Texas, U.S.) a desert region
- Overgrown with jungle.
- A basket.
- A type of cream cheese, originally made in a rush basket; later, a food made of sweetened curds or rennet.
- A delicacy.
- A feast or banquet.
- A pleasure-trip; a journey made for feasting or enjoyment, now especially a trip made ostensibly for business but which entails merrymaking or entertainment.
- 20-40 table gaming rooms for which the capacity and limits change daily. Junket rooms are often rented out to private vendors who run tour groups through them and give a portion of the proceeds to the main casino.
- To go on or attend a junket.
- A Brazilian palm, Raphia taedigera, whose long stalks are used in constructing buildings
- Under oath; swearing.
- One who has taken an oath, especially a religious one.
- In a just or fair manner; rightfully.
- With a just or fair use of language; with good reason, properly.
- With great precision; accurately, exactly.
- Of or relating to the Jutes.
- Made or consisting of interlocked rings or links.
- The capital atoll of the Marshall Islands
- The Chichewa language.
- A that has
- the or of something.
- The which is an internal of a or a In a verb phrase with a action verb, it is typically the receiver of the action.
- A person or thing toward which an emotion is directed.
- An of a or
- An within a upon which operate. Thus, a category consists of a set of element objects and the functions that operate on them.
- Sight; show; appearance; aspect.
- To disagree with something or someone; especially in a Court of Law, to raise an objection.
- To offer in opposition as a criminal charge or by way of accusation or reproach; to adduce as an objection or adverse reason.
- To set before or against; to bring into opposition; to oppose.
- A city in Croatia.
- That which jets out or projects; a protrusion.
- To jut outward.
- Part of something that juts outward; a protrusion.
- A peacock, a male peafowl, noted for its large and extravagantly coloured tail.
- A person.
- Wisdom; understanding; insight.
- Someone who performs a puja, especially a priest in a Hindu temple.
- A geographical region in South Asia, divided (by the between India and Pakistan. Pakistani Punjab includes the (West) Punjab Province and parts of the Islamabad Capital Territory; Indian Punjab includes (East) Punjab State and some other territories.
- A large city in India, in the state of Gujarat.
- A member of the kshatriya Hindu caste in India
- A strong distilled alcoholic beverage made from various fruits, varieties of which (such as slivovitz) are found across the Balkans and the Mediterranean.
- A jet engine in which forward motion forces air into an inlet, compressing it (as opposed to having a pump type device compressing the air for combustion with fuel), and where combustion is subsonic.
- An ethnolinguistic group in Bengkulu.
- The Malayo-Polynesian language spoken by this group.
- To refuse to accept.
- To block a shot, especially if it sends the ball off the court.
- Something that is rejected.
- An unpopular person.
- To join again; to unite after separation.
- To come, or go, again into the presence of; to join the company of again.
- To state in reply; -- followed by an object clause.
- To answer to a reply.
- To answer, as the defendant to the plaintiff's replication.
- in US patent law To re-insert a patent claim, typically after allowance of a patent application, applied to patent claims that had been withdrawn from examination under a restriction requirement, based on rejoinder
- To jolt or shake again.
- A reacting jolt or shock; a rebound or recoil.
- An administrative region under the Ottoman Empire, a subdivision of a vilayet.
- The governor of a sanjak; a sanjakbeg.
- name used in India.
- Seated, sitting.
- A Persianate Muslim dynasty, of Oghuz Turkic origin, which established both the Great Seljuq Empire and Sultanate of Rum, between the 11th and 14th centuries, in large parts of Southwest Asia and Asia Minor, respectively.
- Of or pertaining to this dynasty, or to the empire/sultanate that it ruled.
- A member of this dynasty.
- The capital of the Republic of Macedonia (the country also known known as the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia).
- Republic of Macedonia, especially in the Greek media.
- The longest of five rivers that run through Punjab in both India and Pakistan.
- The dialect of the Persian language spoken in Central Asia, especially in Uzbekistan, Afghanistan and Tajikistan.
- A substance extracted from trees of the genus Thuja, probably identical with quercitrin.
- A small pool in a rocky hollow.
- An aircraft powered by three jet engines.
- Three jets of particles from an event or source
- To separate or detach (things that were joined).
- To cease to be a member of; to leave.
- Not fair, just or right.
- The fisher (Martes pennanti).
- A Vedic unit of distance used in ancient India, believed to be approximately 6 to 15 kilometers (4 to 9 miles).
- The de facto capital and largest city of Côte d'Ivoire.
- Of or relating to Abidjan.
- Of the style prevalent in Abidjan.
- To form by cutting off as a protrusion from a parent cell.
- To separate from the hypha of a fungus by the formation of a septum.
- To confiscate by judicial decision.
Possible word length