Page 1 from 54
Total results: 55655
- To hasten; to go quickly, to hurry.
- To hurry (oneself).
- Haste; diligence.
- A virulent poison extracted from or other species of aconite.
- The plant itself.
- In some countries, the period from elementary school to high school.
- Jurisprudence in the Islamic law, shari'a.
- Balls or pieces of ice falling as precipitation, often in connection with a thunderstorm.
- Said of the weather when hail is falling.
- to send or release hail
- to greet; give salutation to; salute.
- To name; to designate; to call.
- to call out loudly in order to gain the attention of
- Healthy, whole, safe.
- Someone who inherits, or is designated to inherit, the property of another.
- One who inherits, or has been designated to inherit, a hereditary title or office.
- A successor in a role, representing continuity with the predecessor.
- Very elevated; extending or being far above a base; tall; lofty.
- Pertaining to (or, especially of a language: spoken in) in an area which is at a greater elevation, for example more mountainous, than other regions.
- Above the batter's shoulders.
- Relatively elevated; rising or raised above the average or normal level from which elevation is measured.
- Having a specified elevation or height; tall.
- Elevated in status, esteem, prestige; exalted in rank, station, or character.
- Most exalted; foremost.
- Of great importance and consequence: grave (if negative) or solemn (if positive).
- Consummate; advanced (e.g. in development) to the utmost extent or culmination, or possessing a quality in its supreme degree, at its zenith.
- Advanced in complexity (and hence potentially abstract and/or difficult to comprehend).
- Remote in distance or time.
- Very traditionalist and conservative, especially in favoring older ways of doing things; see e.g. .
- Elevated in mood; marked by great merriment, excitement, etc.
- Luxurious; rich.
- Lofty, often to the point of arrogant, haugty, boastful, proud.
- With tall waves.
- Large, great (in quantity, value, force, energy, etc).
- Having a large or comparatively larger concentration of (a substance,
- Acute or shrill in pitch, due to being of greater frequency, i.e. produced by more rapid vibrations (wave oscillations).
- Made with some part of the tongue positioned high in the mouth, relatively close to the palate.
- Greater in value than other cards, denominations, suits, etc.
- Having the highest rank in a straight, flush or straight flush.
- Winning; able to take a trick, win a round, etc.
- Strong-scented; slightly tainted/spoiled; beginning to decompose.
- Intoxicated; under the influence of a mood-altering drug, formerly (until the early 20th century) usually alcohol, but now (by the mid 20th century) usually not alcohol but rather marijuana, cocaine, heroin, etc.
- Near, in its direction of travel, to the (direction of the) wind.
- In or to an elevated position.
- In or at a great value.
- In a pitch of great frequency.
- A period of euphoria, from excitement or from an intake of drugs.
- A drug that gives such a high.
- A large area of elevated atmospheric pressure; an anticyclone.
- The maximum atmospheric temperature recorded at a particular location, especially during one 24-hour period.
- An elevated place; a superior region; a height; the sky; heaven.
- The highest card dealt or drawn.
- To rise.
- Thought; intention; determination; purpose.
- To hie; to hasten.
- A long walk.
- An abrupt increase.
- The snap of the ball to start a play.
- A command to a dog sled team, given by a musher
- To take a long walk for pleasure or exercise.
- To unfairly or suddenly raise a price.
- To snap the ball to start a play.
- To lean out to the windward side of a sailboat in order to counterbalance the effects of the wind on the sails.
- To pull up or tug upwards sharply.
- Located at the rear (most often said of animals' body parts).
- A female deer, especially a red deer at least two years old.
- A spotted food fish of the genus Epinephelus.
- A servant, especially an agricultural labourer.
- A clue.
- A tacit suggestion that avoids a direct statement.
- A small, barely detectable amount of.
- Information in a computer-based font that suggests how the outlines of the font's glyphs should be distorted in order to produce, at specific sizes, a visually appealing pixel-based rendering. Also known as hinting.
- An opportunity; occasion; fit time.
- To suggest tacitly without a direct statement; to provide a clue.
- To bring to mind by a slight mention or remote allusion; to suggest in an indirect manner.
- To develop and add hints to a font.
- A sibilant sound, such as that made by a snake or escaping steam; an unvoiced fricative.
- An expression of disapproval made using such a sound.
- To make a hissing sound.
- To condemn or express contempt for by hissing.
- To utter with a hissing sound.
- To play the fool; to behave thoughtlessly and frivolously.
- To leap; to caper; to romp noisily.
- A unit of length equal to one twelfth of a foot, or exactly 2.54 centimetres.
- The amount of water which would cover a surface to the depth of an inch, used as a measurement of rainfall.
- The amount of an alcoholic beverage which would fill a glass or bottle to the depth of an inch.
- A very short distance.
- To advance very slowly, or by a small amount (in a particular direction).
- To drive by inches, or small degrees.
- To deal out by inches; to give sparingly.
- A small island
- A sensation felt on an area of the skin that causes a person or animal to want to scratch.
- A desire or want.
- To feel itchy; to feel a need to be scratched.
- To want or desire.
- To cause to feel an itch.
- To scratch or rub so as to relieve an itch.
- Either of two flowering trees of the myrtle family, especially
- in Hawaii: the lehua, (native to Hawaii)
- the Malay apple, (native to Southeast Asia, introduced throughout the tropics).
- A Capital and largest city: Columbus.
- A river flowing SW from Pennsylvania to the Mississippi River in Illinois.
- A village in Illinois.
- A town in New York.
- Any of three communities in Nova Scotia, Canada.
- A large war canoe of the Society Islands.
- A sibilant noise (e.g. "psshh") made by birders and ornithologists to attract small birds.
- To try to attract birds by making a sibilant noise (e.g. "psshh").
- To express contempt.
- Of poor quality; very bad.
- The soft, spongy substance in the center of the stems of many plants and trees.
- The spongy interior substance of a feather.
- The spinal cord; the marrow.
- The albedo of a citrus fruit.
- The essential or vital part.
- To extract the pith from (a plant stem or tree).
- To kill (especially cattle or laboratory animals) by cutting or piercing the spinal cord.
- of Chinese origin, a variant of Shi.
- Solid excretory product evacuated from the bowels; feces.
- (the shits) diarrhea.
- An instance of defecation.
- Rubbish; worthless matter.
- Stuff, things.
- (the shit) The best of its kind.
- Nonsense; bullshit.
- A nasty, despicable person, used particularly of men.
- (in negations) Anything.
- A problem or difficult situation.
- A strong rebuke.
- any recreational drug, usually cannabis.
- Of poor quality; worthless.
- Nasty; despicable.
- Resembling the color of
- To defecate.
- To excrete (something) through the anus.
- To fool or try to fool someone; to be deceitful.
- To annoy.
- A deep, prolonged audible inhale and exhale of breath; as when fatigued, frustrated, grieved, or relieved; the act of sighing.
- Figuratively, a manifestation of grief; a lament.
- A person who is bored.
- To inhale a larger quantity of air than usual, and immediately expel it; to make a deep single audible respiration, especially as the result or involuntary expression of fatigue, exhaustion, grief, sorrow, frustration, or the like.
- To lament; to grieve.
- To utter sighs over; to lament or mourn over.
- To experience an emotion associated with sighing.
- To make a sound like sighing.
- To exhale (the breath) in sighs.
- To express by sighs; to utter in or with sighs.
- A quick motion; a rapid, quiet movement, usually by small game.
- To move nimbly and with little noise, usually of small game.
- Gorse; furze.
- The plant woad-waxen (Genista tinctoria).
- To make a whirring or hissing sound, similar to that of an object speeding through the air.
- To rush or move swiftly with such a sound.
- To throw or spin rapidly.
- To urinate.
- A whirring or hissing sound (as above).
- Someone who is remarkably skilled at something.
- An act of urination; a wiz.
- a desire, hope, or longing for something or for something to happen
- an expression of such a desire etc.
- the process of expressing or thinking about such a desire etc. (often connected with ideas of magic and supernatural power(s)
- the thing desired or longed for
- a water meadow.
- To desire; to want.
- To hope (for a particular outcome).
- To bestow (a thought or gesture) towards (someone or something).
- To request or desire to do an activity.
- To recommend; to seek confidence or favour on behalf of.
- Resembling or characteristic of ale.
- Nigh; near; close by (to).
- Nigh; near.
- Sapsucking pest insect of the superfamily Aphidoidea; an aphidian.
- Resembling or characteristic of an ape.
- A Central Indo-Aryan language spoken in west-central India.
- A measure of land in India, varying from a third of an acre to an acre.
- A corner, bend, or angle; a hollow
- An area of sea lying between two promontories, larger than a bay, wider than a gulf
- A bend or curve in a coastline, river, or other geographical feature.
- A curve in a rope
- Any of various trees of the genus Betula, native to countries in the Northern Hemisphere.
- A hard wood taken from the birch tree, typically used to make furniture.
- A stick, rod or bundle of twigs made from birch wood, used for punishment.
- A birch-bark canoe.
- to punish with a stick, bundle of twigs, or rod made of birch wood.
- to punish as though one were using a stick, bundle of twigs, or rod made of birch wood.
- The process of childbearing; the beginning of life.
- An instance of childbirth.
- A beginning or start; a point of origin.
- The circumstances of one's background, ancestry, or upbringing.
- That which is born.
- A familial relationship established by childbirth.
- To bear or give birth to (a child).
- To produce, give rise to.
- A female dog or other canine, particularly a recent mother.
- A despicable or disagreeable, aggressive person, typically a woman or man considered effeminate in some way.
- A submissive person, often female, who does what others want; a slave.
- A complaint, especially when the complaint is unjustified.
- A difficult or confounding problem.
- A queen (playing card), particularly the queen of spades in the card game of hearts.
- Something unforgiving and unpleasant.
- Place; situation
- To behave or act as a bitch.
- To criticize spitefully, often for the sake of complaining rather than in order to have the problem corrected.
- To spoil, to ruin.
- A 20th century spelling variant of Cathy, diminutive of the female given name Catherine.
- A small South American subspecies of tiger cat ( native to Argentina and Paraguay.
- A unit of weight equal to 200 kg (441 lbs.).
- A former Turkish unit of weight equal to 180 okas.
- A former Turkish unit of weight equal to 100 dirhems (variously .15–.35 kg).
- a capital city of Chiba prefecture, Japan.
- To admonish in blame; to reproach angrily.
- To utter words of disapprobation and displeasure; to find fault; to contend angrily.
- To make a clamorous noise; to chafe.
- A leader or head of a group of people, organisation, etc.
- The top part of a shield or escutcheon.
- Primary; principal.
- To smoke cannabis.
- The edge of a cask, etc; a chine.
- A musical instrument producing a sound when struck, similar to a bell (e.g. a tubular metal bar) or actually a bell. Often used in the plural to refer to the set: the chimes.
- An individual ringing component of such a set.
- A small bell or other ringing or tone-making device as a component of some other device.
- The sound of such an instrument or device.
- A small hammer or other device used to strike a bell.
- To make the sound of a chime.
- To cause to sound in harmony; to play a tune, as upon a set of bells; to move or strike in harmony.
- To utter harmoniously; to recite rhythmically.
- To agree; to correspond.
- To make a rude correspondence of sounds; to jingle, as in rhyming.
- A chine; the edge of a cask.
- To review each image on a digital camera after it is taken.
- To get very excited when showing images on a digital camera.
- To become happier.
- To make happier.
- To make the sound of a bird; to chirp.
- lively; cheerful; in good spirits
- Collective noun for goldfinch.
- A din or confused noise, as of many voices, birdsong, etc.
- To chirp or to make a mournful cry, as a bird does.
- A short, sharp or high note or noise, as of a bird or insect.
- A pulse of signal whose frequency sweeps through a band of frequencies for the duration of the pulse.
- to make a short, sharp, cheerful note, as of small birds or crickets
- to speak in a high-pitched staccato
- To modify (a pulse of signal) so that it sweeps through a band of frequencies throughout its duration.
- To make the prolonged trilling sound of an insect (e.g. a grasshopper, a cicada).
- The trilled sound made by an insect.
- A hunt or chase.
- A hunting cry.
- To vex or harass with petty attacks.
- To maneuver or secure gradually.
- To scurry.
- An unsharpened section of a knife blade in front of the guard on the blade
- The indentation of a pocket-knife blade where it joins the tang
- A short-sleeved blouse worn under a sari; an Indian underbodice.
- A diminutive of the male given names Christopher and, less commonly, of Christian.
- A diminutive of the female name Christina and of its variant forms.
- A simple saddle girth used in Mexico.
- Something that is very easy to do.
- A firm hold.
- To bring to certain conclusion.
- To tighten down.
- A variety of auction pitch in which a draw to improve the hand is added, and the five of trumps (called "right Pedro") and the five of the same colour (called "left Pedro", and ranking between the five and the four of trumps) are each worth five. Fifty-one points make a game.
- In the game of cinch, to protect (a trick) by playing a higher trump than the five.
- the weight of 1 litre of hydrogen at standard temperature and pressure. Equal to approximately 0.09 grams.
- defensive armour for the thighs
- National capital territory and old city in northern India in which the country’s capital New Delhi is located.
- A village in New York, USA
- An Islamic prayer whereby a phrase or expression of praise is repeated continually.
- A laundryman in India and Pakistan; a washerman.
- A handcrafted sailboat with a motor or lateen sails, resembling a dhow, that is used in the Maldives.
- A long loincloth worn by Hindu men in India.
- The cotton fabric used for such loincloths.
- To deal with, handle.
- To have sexual intercourse with.
- To dispose, put (in a given state or condition).
- To compose, make.
- To furnish, equip.
- To dress, array; to adorn.
- To make ready, prepare.
- A daughter of Jacob and Leah.
- name of biblical origin. Alternative form of Dina.
- attractive; good-looking; sexy
- A trench; a long, shallow indentation, as for irrigation or drainage.
- To discard or abandon.
- To deliberately crash-land an airplane on water.
- To deliberately not attend classes; to play hookey.
- To dig ditches.
- To dig ditches around.
- To throw into a ditch.
- The digit/figure 8.
- Any of the four cards in a normal deck with the value eight.
- A light, narrow rowing boat, especially one used in competitive rowing, steered by a cox, in which eight rowers each have two oars.
- A race in which such craft participate.
- An island in a river; an ait.
- Moral, relating to morals.
- A set of principles of right and wrong behaviour guiding, or representative of, a specific culture, society, group, or individual.
- The morality of an action.
- A woman's lightweight triangular scarf worn over the shoulders and tied in front
- To contend in physical conflict, either singly or in war, battle etc.
- To strive for; to campaign or contend for success.
- To conduct or engage in (battle, warfare etc.).
- To engage in combat with; to oppose physically, to contest with.
- To try to overpower; to fiercely counteract.
- To cause to fight; to manage or manoeuvre in a fight.
- An occasion of fighting.
- A battle between opposing armies.
- A physical confrontation or combat between two or more people or groups.
- A boxing or martial arts match.
- A conflict, possibly nonphysical, with opposing ideas or forces; strife.
- The will or ability to fight.
- A screen for the combatants in ships.
- To illegally take possession of (especially items of low value); to pilfer, to steal.
- Something which has been filched or stolen.
- An act of filching; larceny, theft.
- A person who filches; a filcher, a pilferer, a thief.
- A hooked stick used to filch objects.
- Dirt; foul matter; that which soils or defiles.
- Smut; that which sullies or defiles the moral character; corruption; pollution.
- The police.
- Weeds growing on pasture land.
- Of, from, or similar to fish.
- Suspicious; inspiring doubt.
- Of drag queens: appearing feminine.
- The European polecat, Mustela putorius.
- The skin of the polecat
- A hero or champion, especially as a Muslim against non-Muslims; often used as a title.
- A band passed under the belly of an animal, which holds a saddle in place.
- The part of an animal around which the girth fits.
- One's waistline circumference, most often a large one.
- A small horizontal brace or girder.
- The distance measured around an object.
- The length of the shortest cycle in a graph.
- To bind as if with a girth or band.
- A male given name.
- a Muslim who has memorized the whole Qur'an
- An indigenous people of the Northwest Coast of North America who live primarily in British Columbia and Alaska.
- The indigenous language of this people.
- A city in northern Israel.
- Of a person, having a lot of hair on the body.
- Of an animal, having a lot of fur.
- Of a body part other than the head, having hair growing from it.
- Difficult, complex, intricate, or intimidating.
- An official of a Muslim court, of varied importance, initially controlling access to the caliph, but later very powerful; a chamberlain.
- One who has participated in a hajj.
- A Muslim or Arab.
- name used by Muslims.
- name used by Muslims.
- A follower of Hasidism.
- A town in Virginia.
- A city in Missouri
- A town in South Dakota
- A temple in traditional Hawaiian society.
- of English-speakers.
- A surname of German-speakers, notably of Heinrich Heine, a German poet
- A five and a seven as starting cards in Texas hold 'em
- Of or relating to blood.
- Somewhat decomposed.
- Having hide (skin) of a specified kind.
- One who hides oneself or a thing.
- To bend; incline; tilt (as a water-vessel or ship); heel.
- To pour out; pour.
- To throw; cast; put.
- To bow; bend; incline; tilt or cant over.
- To decline; sink; go down.
- To yield; give way; surrender.
- An inclination; a cant.
- An incline; slope.
- A decline; decrease; wane.
- pertaining to the Higgs mechanism/Higgs force
- Short form of Higgs boson.
- One who hikes, especially frequently.
- Relating to or near a hilum.
- To holler, shout loudly at someone
- a fish in the herring family, and a popular food fish in South Asia.
- The eye of a bean or other seed; the mark or scar at the point of attachment of an ovule or seed to its base or support.
- The nucleus of a starch grain.
- A depression or fissure through which ducts, nerves, or blood vessels enter and leave a gland or organ; a porta.
- The hybrid offspring of a stallion (male horse) and a she-ass (female donkey).
- To whinny
- A term of endearment usually for women.
- Having prominent or in any other way unusual hips.
- A king of Tyre.
- name, taken into use by Puritans in the seventeenth century.
- A seductive woman; a courtesan.
- Someone who hires, agent noun of hire
- Accompanied with hisses.
- Making a hissing sound.
- Childish or petulant.
- A tantrum, a fit.
- a landing-place in a river; a harbour or small port
- One who collects bees into a hive.
- Itchy, swollen, red areas of the skin which can appear quickly in response to an allergen or due to other conditions.
- to hoist
- to hoist, be raised
- The Chinese god Budai, the fat and happy god of abundance and good health, and one of the seven gods of luck.
- A nymph in the form of a beautiful virgin supposed to dwell in Paradise for the enjoyment of the faithful.
- Any voluptuous, beautiful woman.
- a town in Arkansas, USA.
- a city in Kansas, USA
- the "counties" of imperial, republican, and communist China.
- Of, or relating to humus.
- Containing perceptible moisture (usually describing air or atmosphere); damp; moist; somewhat wet or watery
- The part of the organic matter in soil that does not dissolve in dilute alkali
- Any of the medium-sized rodents of the family Capromyidae, which inhabit the Caribbean islands.
- Having to do with or of the nature of matter or material.
- The basest type of man in the gnostic theologian Valentinus' triadic grouping; a person focused on neither intellectual (psychic) nor spiritual (pneumatic) reality.
- Shaped like a U, or like the letter upsilon; specifically, designating a bone or group of bones supporting the tongue.
- The hyoid bone.
- the liquid that in Greek mythology was said to flow in place of blood in the veins of the gods
- any bloodlike fluid
- a watery, fetid discharge from a sore
- yellow bile
- A Capital: Boise.
- An Idaho potato.
- The state of ritual purity and dedication of a Muslim hajj pilgrim to Mecca.
- The clothing worn on such a pilgrimage; one length of cotton cloth around the loins and another thrown over the left shoulder.
- The opposite of wealth; that which, by its possession, causes damage of some kind.
- The Goidelic language indigenous to Ireland, also known as Irish Gaelic.
- The Irish people.
- A board game of the tables family.
- Temper; anger, passion.
- whiskey, or whisky, elaborated in Ireland.
- Pertaining to or originating from Ireland or the Irish people.
- Pertaining to the Irish language.
- nonsensical, daft or complex.
- One of the aspects of the god Shiva.
- name, a variant of Isaiah.
- Having or creating an itch, causing a person or animal to tend to want to scratch.
- A holy war undertaken by Muslims.
- The Muslim response to the Crusade in the 12th century.
- An aggressive campaign for an idea.
- A personal spiritual struggle for self-improvement and/or against evil.
- To participate in a jihad.
- A 20th-century variant of Kathy, diminutive of the female given name Katherine and related names.
- name transferred from the surname.
- A town in Moray, Scotland.
- A dull, yellowish-brown colour, the colour of dust.
- Khaki green, a dull green colour.
- A strong cloth of wool or cotton, often used for military or other uniforms.
- A soldier wearing a khaki uniform.
- A British person (from the colour of the uniform of British troops).
- Dust-coloured; of the colour of dust.
- A member of an Indian tribe, the majority of whom live in Meghalaya.
- The Austro-Asiatic language of the Khasi people.
- A small historical town in present-day Uzbekistan, former capital of Khwarezm, and a former khanate.
- To make known; to reveal.
- An Eastern European Jewish, or Yiddish, snack food consisting of a dumpling covered with a shell of baked or fried dough
- A heavy stick or club, usually used by policemen.
- A martial art based on stick fighting originally practiced in India.
- An American variety of spring wheat derived from the Dicklow and Federation varieties.
- A ledge, a terrace; a right-angled projection; a lynchet.
- An acclivity; a small hill or hillock.
- Easily bent; pliable.
- A book of the Old Testament of Bible, and of the Tanakh.
- Any of several men in the Old Testament:
- The minor prophet and author of the Book of Micah.
- An featured in Judges 17–18 and of the Micah’s idol narrative. Also called
- name of Biblical origin. Used since the 17th century, but never popular.
- Power, strength, force or influence held by a person or group.
- Physical strength.
- The ability to do something.
- Mighty; powerful; possible.
- Used to indicate conditional or possible actions.
- past of Used to indicate permission in past tense.
- past of Used to indicate possibility in past tense.
- The emotion usually following humour and accompanied by laughter; merriment; jollity; gaiety.
- That which causes merriment.
- The cry of a horse.
- to make its cry
- to make a sound similar to a horses' cry
- To scoff or sneer.
- A son of Lehi.
- A city in Utah, USA
- The ordinal form of the number nine.
- The person or thing in the ninth position.
- One of nine equal parts of a whole.
- Of or relating to, or measured in, ohms.
- That obeys Ohm's law
- A city or region mentioned in the Bible, modern scholars have been unable to determine where it was located. King Solomon is supposed to have received a cargo of gold, silver, sandalwood, precious stones, ivory, apes and peacocks from Ophir, every three years.
- A ghost town in Alaska.
- A town in Colorado.
- A town in Utah.
- A glass vessel or bottle, especially a small bottle for medicines.
- To put or keep in, or as in, a phial.
- A gown or case of skin, or one trimmed or lined with fur.
- a covering put over an infant's diaper to prevent outer clothes from getting wet
- To squeeze a small amount of a person's skin and flesh, making it hurt.
- To squeeze between the thumb and forefinger.
- To squeeze between two objects.
- To steal, usually of something almost trivial or inconsequential.
- To arrest or capture.
- To cut shoots or buds of a plant in order to shape the plant, or to improve its yield.
- To sail so close-hauled that the sails begin to flutter.
- To take hold; to grip, as a dog does.
- To be niggardly or covetous.
- To seize; to grip; to bite; said of animals.
- To cramp; to straiten; to oppress; to starve.
- To move, as a railroad car, by prying the wheels with a pinch.
- To complain or find fault.
- The action of squeezing a small amount of a person's skin and flesh, making it hurt.
- A small amount of powder or granules, such that the amount could be held between fingertip and thumb tip.
- An awkward situation of some kind (especially money or social) which is difficult to escape.
- An organic herbal smoke additive.
- A magnetic compression of an electrically-conducting filament
- A sticky, gummy substance secreted by trees; sap.
- A dark, extremely viscous material remaining in still after distilling crude oil and tar.
- To cover or smear with pitch.
- To darken; to blacken; to obscure.
- A throw; a toss; a cast, as of something from the hand.
- The act of pitching a baseball.
- The field on which cricket, soccer, rugby or field hockey is played. (In cricket, the pitch is in the centre of the field; see cricket pitch.)
- An effort to sell or promote something.
- The distance between evenly spaced objects, e.g. the teeth of a saw or gear, the turns of a screw thread, the centres of holes, or letters in a monospace font.
- The angle at which an object sits.
- A level or degree, or a peak or highest degree.
- The rotation angle about the transverse axis.
- The degree to which a vehicle, especially a ship or aircraft, rotates on such an axis, tilting its bow or nose up or down. Compare with roll, yaw, and heave.
- A measure of the angle of attack of a propeller.
- The place where a busker performs.
- An area in a market (or similar) allocated to a particular trader.
- An area on a campsite intended for occupation by a single tent, caravan or similar.
- A point or peak; the extreme point of elevation or depression.
- A section of a climb or rock face; specifically, the climbing distance between belays or stances.
- A vertical cave passage, only negotiable by using rope or ladders.
- A person or animal's height.
- That point of the ground on which the ball pitches or lights when bowled.
- A descent; a fall; a thrusting down.
- The point where a declivity begins; hence, the declivity itself; a descending slope; the degree or rate of descent or slope; slant.
- The limit of ground set to a miner who receives a share of the ore taken out.
- To throw.
- To throw (the ball) toward a batter at home plate.
- To play baseball in the position of pitcher.
- To throw away; discard.
- To promote, advertise, or attempt to sell.
- To deliver in a certain tone or style, or with a certain audience in mind.
- To assemble or erect (a tent).
- To fix or place a tent or temporary habitation; to encamp.
- To move so that the front of an aircraft or ship goes alternatively up and down.
- To play a short, high, lofty shot that lands with backspin.
- To bounce on the playing surface.
- To settle and build up, without melting.
- To alight; to settle; to come to rest from flight.
- To fix one's choice.
- To plunge or fall; especially, to fall forward; to decline or slope.
- To set, face, or pave with rubble or undressed stones.
- To set or fix.
- To discard for some gain.
- The perceived frequency of a sound or note.
- In an a cappella group, the singer responsible for singing a note for the other members to tune themselves by.
- To produce a note of a given pitch.
- To fix or set the tone of.
- Concise and meaningful.
- Of, like, or abounding in pith.
- a medieval Rabbi from Troyes, known for his commentary on the Hebrew Bible and
- Rashi's commentary on the Hebrew Bible or Talmud.
- A semicursive typeface for the Hebrew alphabet, customarily used for printing Rashi's commentaries.
- a single piece of Rashi's commentary on the Hebrew Bible or Talmud
- Straight, not bent.
- Of an angle, having a size of 90 degrees, or one quarter of a complete rotation; the angle between two perpendicular lines.
- Complying with justice, correctness or reason; correct, just, true.
- Appropriate, perfectly suitable; fit for purpose.
- Healthy, sane, competent.
- Real; veritable.
- All right; not requiring assistance.
- Most favourable or convenient; fortunate.
- Designating the side of the body which is positioned to the east if one is facing north. This arrow points to the right: →
- Designed to be placed or worn outward.
- Pertaining to the political right; conservative.
- On the right side.
- Towards the right side.
- Exactly, precisely.
- Immediately, directly.
- Very, extremely, quite.
- According to fact or truth; actually; truly; really.
- In a correct manner.
- To a great extent or degree.
- That which complies with justice, law or reason.
- A legal or moral entitlement.
- The right side or direction.
- The right hand.
- The ensemble of right-wing political parties; political conservatives as a group.
- The outward or most finished surface, as of a piece of cloth, a carpet, etc.
- To correct.
- To set upright.
- To return to normal upright position.
- To do justice to; to relieve from wrong; to restore rights to; to assert or regain the rights of.
- formerly, a term of respect for a white European in colonial India
- A blue star in the constellation Orion; Kappa (κ) Orionis.
- A former currency unit of Iran, worth one twentieth of a qiran.
- name, variant of Sherry or a pet form of Sharon.
- The leader of an Arab village, family or small tribe.
- An Islamic religious cleric; the leader of an Islamic religious order.
- A romantic lover.
- An Arab, especially one dressed in traditional clothing.
- name, variant of Sherry.
- A shepherd's hut or shieling.
- A cottage.
- A person paid to endorse a product favourably, while pretending to be impartial.
- An accomplice at a confidence trick during an auction or gambling game.
- A house player in a casino.
- To promote or endorse in return for payment, especially dishonestly.
- To put under cover; to sheal.
- To shell.
- Reflecting light.
- Emitting light.
- Excellent; remarkable.
- Bright; luminous; clear; unclouded.
- Anything shiny; a trinket.
- Contraction of disparaging term "shiny arses", originating during World War Two, to describe a desk worker.
- A lake in Russia,
- A local government area in Nigeria.
- To avoid, especially a duty, responsibility, etc.; to stay away from.
- To evade an obligation; to avoid the performance of duty, as by running away.
- To procure by petty fraud and trickery; to obtain by mean solicitation.
- one who shirks
- the unforgivable sin of idolatry
- To make gathers in textiles by drawing together parallel threads.
- To bake (a raw egg removed from its shell) in a baking dish.
- A shirring.
- An article of clothing that is worn on the upper part of the body, and often has sleeves, either long or short, that cover the arms.
- a member of the shirt-wearing team.
- To cover or clothe with a shirt, or as if with a shirt.
- diarrhea (diarrhoea).
- Depth or length, especially used of things hanging low, draping, or trailing
- The ability to see.
- The act of seeing; perception of objects by the eye; view.
- Something seen.
- Something worth seeing; a spectacle.
- A device used in aiming a projectile, through which the person aiming looks at the intended target.
- A small aperture through which objects are to be seen, and by which their direction is settled or ascertained.
- a great deal, a lot; definition.
- In a drawing, picture, etc., that part of the surface, as of paper or canvas, which is within the frame or the border or margin. In a frame, the open space, the opening.
- The instrument of seeing; the eye.
- Mental view; opinion; judgment.
- To register visually.
- To get sight of (something).
- To apply sights to; to adjust the sights of; also, to give the proper elevation and direction to by means of a sight.
- To take aim at.
- A Gujarati surname that was later adopted by Sikhs
- name used by Sikhs, often but not necessarily a middle name.
- A surname common among the Rajput clan from Rajasthan, India
- A surname common among the states of Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh in India
- A vining plant of Sumatra, whose leaves may be chewed with betel nuts or used medicinally to shrink the vagina after childbirth.
- A brook; ditch; gutter; drain; ravine
- The ordinal form of the number six.
- The person or thing in the sixth position.
- One of six equal parts of a whole.
- The interval between one note and another, five notes higher in the scale, for example C to A, a major sixth, or C to A flat, a minor sixth. (Note that the interval covers six notes counting inclusively, for example C-D-E-F-G-A.)
- An Ottoman (Turkish empire) cavalryman, especially as recruited under a land-based system.
- A soldier in a mainly Arab-recruited cavalry (originally horse, later light armored) regiment in French colonial service in (former/ in name still) Ottoman North African provinces
- sophisticated; fashionable; smooth.
- Attractive, stylish
- A short rustling, hissing or whistling sound, often made by friction.
- A hissing, sweeping movement through the air, as of an animal's tail.
- A sound of liquid flowing inside a container.
- A twig or bundle of twigs, used for administering beatings; a switch
- A successful basketball shot that does not touch the rim or backboard.
- An effeminate male homosexual.
- To make a rustling sound while moving.
- To flourish with a swishing sound.
- To flog; to lash.
- To make a successful basketball shot that does not touch the rim or backboard.
- To mince or otherwise to behave in an effeminate manner.
- A Titan, the sister-wife of Hyperion.
- A Mars-sized object that may have collided with Earth to produce the moon.
- Relatively great in extent from one surface to the opposite in its smallest solid dimension.
- Measuring a certain number of units in this dimension.
- Heavy in build; thickset.
- Densely crowded or packed.
- Having a viscous consistency.
- Abounding in number.
- Impenetrable to sight.
- Difficult to understand, or poorly articulated.
- Friendly or intimate.
- Deep, intense, or profound.
- troublesome; unreasonable
- Curvy and voluptuous, and especially having large hips.
- In a thick manner.
- Frequently; in great numbers.
- The thickest, or most active or intense, part of something.
- A thicket.
- A stupid person; a fool.
- To thicken.
- One who carries out a theft.
- A waster in the snuff of a candle.
- The upper leg of a human, between the hip and the knee.
- That part of the leg of vertebrates (or sometimes other animals) which corresponds to the human thigh in position or function; the tibia of a horse, the tarsus of a bird; the third leg-section of an insect.
- That same; this; that.
- To ponder, to go over in one's head.
- To communicate to oneself in one's mind, to try to find a solution to a problem.
- To conceive of something or someone (usually followed by of; infrequently, by on).
- To be of the opinion (that).
- To guess; to reckon.
- To consider, judge, regard, or look upon (something) as.
- To plan; to be considering; to be of a mind (to do something).
- To presume; to venture.
- An act of thinking; consideration (of something).
- To seem, to appear.
- The ordinal form of the cardinal number three; Coming after the second.
- The person or thing in the third position.
- One of three equal parts of a whole.
- The third gear of a gearbox.
- An interval consisting of the first and third notes in a scale.
- third base
- One sixtieth of a second, i.e., the third in a series of fractional parts in a sexagesimal number system. Also formerly known as a tierce.
- To agree with a proposition or statement after it has already been seconded.
- To divide into three equal parts.
- A hole, aperture, especially a nostril.
- To pierce, perforate, penetrate.
- To drill or bore.
- To throw (a projectile).
- Firmly held together; compact; not loose or open.
- Unyielding or firm
- Under high tension.
- Scarce, hard to come by.
- Intimately friendly.
- Miserly or frugal.
- Narrow, such that it is difficult for something or someone to pass through it.
- Fitting close, or too close, to the body.
- Of a turn, sharp, so that the timeframe for making it is narrow and following it is difficult.
- Lacking holes; difficult to penetrate; waterproof.
- Well-rehearsed and accurate in execution.
- Not conceding many goals.
- Intoxicated; drunk or acting like being drunk.
- Extraordinarily great or special.
- Mean; unfair; unkind.
- Not ragged; whole; neat; tidy.
- Handy; adroit; brisk.
- Of a player, who plays very few hands.
- Using a strategy which involves playing very few hands.
- Firmly, so as not to come loose easily.
- To tighten.
- Agricultural labour; husbandry.
- The state of being tilled, or prepared for a crop; culture.
- Rich cultivated soil.
- A diminutive of the female given name Patricia.
- a city in California, USA
- a small city in Oregon, USA.
- Not hip; uncool, unfashionable.
- Not having been hit.
- Any of a number of Old Testament men, including the husband of Bathsheba whom David sent to death.
- name of Biblical origin.
- To determine the weight of an object.
- Often with "out", to measure a certain amount of something by its weight, e.g. for sale.
- To determine the intrinsic value or merit of an object, to evaluate.
- To judge; to estimate.
- To consider a subject.
- To have a certain weight.
- To have weight; to be heavy; to press down.
- To be considered as important; to have weight in the intellectual balance.
- To raise an anchor free of the seabed.
- To weigh anchor.
- To bear up; to raise; to lift into the air; to swing up.
- To consider as worthy of notice; to regard.
- Dicksonia squarrosa, a fast-growing tree fern endemic to New Zealand.
- What, of those mentioned or implied.
- The one or ones that.
- The one or ones mentioned.
- What one or ones (of those mentioned or implied).
- Who; whom; what (of those mentioned or implied).
- Used of people (now generally or
- An occurrence of the word which.
- A waft; a brief, gentle breeze; a light gust of air
- An odour carried briefly through the air
- A short inhalation or exhalation of breath, especially of smoke from a cigarette or pipe.
- A slight sign of something; a glimpse.
- A strike (from the batter’s perspective)
- The megrim, a fish: or
- To waft.
- To sniff.
- To strike out.
- To attempt to strike and miss, especially being off-balance/vulnerable after missing.
- To throw out in whiffs; to consume in whiffs; to puff.
- To carry or convey by a whiff, or as by a whiff; to puff or blow away.
- Having a strong or unpleasant odor.
- An uncertain duration of time, a period of time.
- During the same time that.
- As long as.
- To pass (time) idly.
- To loiter.
- A kind of mollusk; a whelk.
- The scoter.
- a long-drawn, high-pitched complaining cry or sound
- a complaint or criticism
- To utter a high-pitched cry.
- To make a sound resembling such a cry.
- To complain or protest with a whine or as if with a whine.
- To move with a whining sound.
- To utter with the sound of a whine.
- A high-pitched ringing sound.
- To move with great force or speed.
- whining; tending to whine or complain.
- To rotate, revolve, spin or turn rapidly.
- To have a sensation of spinning or reeling.
- To make something or someone whirl.
- To remove or carry quickly with, or as with, a revolving motion; to snatch.
- An act of whirling.
- Something that whirls.
- A confused tumult.
- A rapid series of events.
- Dizziness or giddiness.
- A brief experiment or trial.
- To move or vibrate (something) with a buzzing sound.
- To make a sibilant buzzing or droning sound.
- To cause (something) to make such a sound.
- A sibilant buzz or vibration; the sound of something in rapid motion.
- A bustle of noise and excitement.
- A sibilant sound, especially that of rapid movement through the air.
- To make such a sound.
- A quick, light sweeping motion.
- A kitchen utensil, made from stiff wire loops fixed to a handle, used for whipping (or a mechanical device with the same function).
- A bunch of twigs or hair etc, used as a brush.
- A small handheld broom with a small (or no) handle.
- A plane used by coopers for evening chines.
- A kind of cape, forming part of a woman's dress.
- An impertinent fellow.
- To move something with quick light sweeping motions.
- In cooking, to whip e.g. eggs or cream.
- To move something rapidly and with no warning.
- To move lightly and nimbly.
- The card game whist.
- Any of several four-player card games, similar to bridge.
- Sessions of playing the card game.
- To hush or silence; to still.
- To become silent.
- Close to white in colour.
- The state of being wide.
- The measurement of the extent of something from side to side.
- A piece of material measured along its smaller dimension, especially fabric.
- The horizontal distance between a batsman and the ball as it passes him.
- The use of all the width of the pitch, from one side to the other.
- A person who practices witchcraft; a woman or man who practices witchcraft.
- A woman who is learned in and actively practices witchcraft.
- An ugly or unpleasant woman.
- One who exercises more-than-common power of attraction; a charming or bewitching person.
- One given to mischief, especially a woman or child.
- A certain curve of the third order, described by Maria Agnesi under the name versiera.
- The stormy petrel.
- Any of a number of flatfish:
- (Torbay sole), found in the North Atlantic.
- (megrim), found in the North Atlantic.
- found near New Zealand.
- To practise witchcraft.
- To bewitch.
- To dowse for water.
- A cone of paper which is placed in a vessel of lard or other fat and used as a taper.
- A flexible, slender twig or shoot, especially when used as a band or for binding; a withy.
- An iron attachment on one end of a mast or boom, with a ring, through which another mast or boom is rigged out and secured.
- A partition between flues in a chimney.
- To bind with withes.
- To beat with withes.
- Flexible, like a withe.
- The osier ( a type of willow.
- A long flexible twig of the osier; a withe.
- That aches; continuously painful.
- The feeling of an ache; a dull pain.
- (syn. similar to arrowroot: the the seeds of which yield a purple dye.
- The edible rhizome of this plant.
- A special ward in Tokyo that is surrounded by (clockwise from north) Saitama Prefecture, Katsushika, Sumida, Arakawa, and Kita special wards
Possible word length