Page 1 from 7
Total results: 6607
- The television show
- For what cause, reason, or purpose.
- A young heifer.
- Chewing tobacco.
- A plug or wad of chewing tobacco.
- The jaw.
- To chew; to grind with one's teeth; to masticate (food, or the cud); to champ (at the bit).
- To ruminate in thought; to consider; to keep the mind working upon; to brood over.
- To steal.
- A coasting sailing vessel of Arabia, East Africa, and the Indian Ocean. It has generally but one mast and a lateen sail.
- A diurnal predatory bird of the family Accipitridae, smaller than an eagle.
- Any diurnal predatory terrestrial bird of similar size and and appearance to the accipitrid hawks, such as a falcon
- An advocate of aggressive political positions and actions; a warmonger.
- An uncooperative or purely-selfish participant in an exchange or game, especially when untrusting, acquisitive or treacherous. Refers specifically to the Prisoner's Dilemma, alias the Hawk-Dove game.
- To hunt with a hawk.
- To make an attack while on the wing; to soar and strike like a hawk.
- A plasterer's tool, made of a flat surface with a handle below, used to hold an amount of plaster prior to application to the wall or ceiling being worked on: a mortarboard.
- To sell; to offer for sale by outcry in the street; to carry (merchandise) about from place to place for sale; to peddle.
- An effort to force up phlegm from the throat, accompanied with noise.
- To cough up something from one's throat.
- To try to cough up something from one's throat; to clear the throat loudly.
- To lounge; to loiter.
- form of (straw)
- A domestic; a servant or retainer.
- Made or crafted by cutting, whittling down.
- Having been cut or mown down.
- The protracted, mournful cry of a dog or a wolf, or other like sound.
- A prolonged cry of distress or anguish; a wail.
- To utter a loud, protracted, mournful sound or cry, as dogs and wolves often do.
- To utter a sound expressive of pain or distress; to cry aloud and mournfully; to lament; to wail.
- To make a noise resembling the cry of a wild beast.
- To utter with outcry.
- The monetary unit of South Korea from February 15, 1953 to June 9, 1962.
- A melodic chanting style of Welsh preaching.
- A species of grassy tamarisk shrub, common in river-marshes.
- A bondman; a slave.
- Bond; servile.
- To oppress; enslave.
- Muscle or sinew.
- A good quality or habit; virtue.
- An attractive physical attribute, especially muscle; mental or moral vigour.
- Instruct in morals or values; chastise.
- A ford.
- A fordable stream.
- a forceful blow
- the sound of such a blow; a thud
- to strike or smash (into) something with great force or impact
- A blow; a hit; a variation of whop.
- the curlew.
- To strike hard and suddenly.
- To throw oneself quickly, or by an abrupt motion; to turn suddenly.
- Which thing, event, circumstance, etc.:
- That; which; who.
- That which; those that; the thing that.
- In some manner or degree; in part; partly; usually followed by with.
- Used to introduce each of two coordinate phrases or concepts; both…and.
- Which; which kind of.
- How much; how great (used in an exclamation).
- Something; thing; stuff.
- The identity of a thing, as an answer to a question of what.
- Something that is addressed by as opposed to a person, addressed by
- At an earlier and less prosperous time.
- At what time.
- At such time as.
- Since; given the fact that.
- What time; which time
- The time at which something happens.
- To hone or rub on with some substance, as a piece of stone, for the purpose of sharpening – see whetstone.
- To stimulate or make more keen.
- The act of whetting something.
- That which whets or sharpens; especially, an appetizer.
- To whistle with a shrill pipe, like a plover.
- The liquid remaining after milk has been curdled and strained in the process of making cheese.
- A quick motion; a rapid, quiet movement, usually by small game.
- To move nimbly and with little noise, usually of small game.
- Gorse; furze.
- The plant woad-waxen (Genista tinctoria).
- To make a whirring or hissing sound, similar to that of an object speeding through the air.
- To rush or move swiftly with such a sound.
- To throw or spin rapidly.
- To urinate.
- A whirring or hissing sound (as above).
- Someone who is remarkably skilled at something.
- An act of urination; a wiz.
- To make a whoo sound, of delight, whistling, or of an owl etc.
- To throw or move (something) quickly, usually with an impact.
- A blow or strike.
- a desire, hope, or longing for something or for something to happen
- an expression of such a desire etc.
- the process of expressing or thinking about such a desire etc. (often connected with ideas of magic and supernatural power(s)
- the thing desired or longed for
- a water meadow.
- To desire; to want.
- To hope (for a particular outcome).
- To bestow (a thought or gesture) towards (someone or something).
- To request or desire to do an activity.
- To recommend; to seek confidence or favour on behalf of.
- A brine spring or well.
- Known as the "Tetragrammaton", the four Hebrew letters which are transliterated into the Latin alphabet as YHWH (or IHVH, JHVH, or YHVH). Usually vowels are added to produce the spelling Jehovah or Yahweh.
- Washed by the waves or tide; said of a rock or strip of shore, or of an anchor, etc., when flush with the surface of the water, so that the waves break over it.
- Covered, overspread.
- To carve; adorn; embellish.
- An endangered burrowing, nocturnal bird, Pterodroma cahow, from Bermuda; the
- A type of residential tenement building found in India, typically for poor working-class people.
- singular of, i.e. nonstandard version of chews.
- having a pliable or springy texture when chewed
- An intersection where tracks or roads cross (often used in place names).
- A marketplace or open area in a city or village.
- A courtyard.
- An archaic stringed instrument associated particularly with Wales, though once played widely in Europe, and characterized by a vaulted back and enough space for the player to stop each of the six strings on the fingerboard.
- Resembling or characteristic of a hawk.
- The part of the bow containing the hawseholes.
- A hawsehole or hawsepipe.
- The horizontal distance or area between an anchored vessel's bows and the actual position of her anchor(s).
- A position relative to the course and position of a vessel, somewhat forward of the stem.
- Said of a vessel lying to two anchors, streamed from either bow.
- A wife, a midwife.
- To informally greet, especially by saying "howdy"
- A tool used by coopers for smoothing and chamfering their work, especially the inside of casks.
- To smooth; to plane.
- In no way; not at all; by no available means.
- To express disgust or contempt.
- A square or rectangular piece of cloth worn as a covering for the head, neck, and shoulders.
- To wrap in a shawl.
- A mediaeval double-reed wind instrument with a conical wooden body.
- name, popular in the US in the 1970s.
- name, transferred from the male name.
- stalks or leaves of root vegetables.
- calling attention; flashy; standing out to the eye
- Any of numerous small, mouselike, chiefly nocturnal, mammals of the family Soricidae (order Soricomorpha).
- Certain other small mammals that resemble true shrews (order Soricomorpha).
- An ill-tempered, nagging woman: a scold.
- To beshrew; to curse.
- The water that washes up on shore after an incoming wave has broken
- a long, protruding ornamental line or pen stroke found in some typefaces and styles of calligraphy.
- A narrow sound or channel of water lying within a sand bank, or between a sand bank and the shore, or a bar over which the sea washes.
- Liquid filth; wash; hog mash.
- A blustering noise.
- swaggering behaviour.
- A swaggering fellow; a swasher.
- An oval figure, whose mouldings are oblique to the axis of the work.
- To swagger; to bluster and brag.
- To dash or flow noisily; to splash.
- To fall violently or noisily.
- Soft, like overripe fruit; swashy; squashy.
- sophisticated; fashionable; smooth.
- Attractive, stylish
- A short rustling, hissing or whistling sound, often made by friction.
- A hissing, sweeping movement through the air, as of an animal's tail.
- A sound of liquid flowing inside a container.
- A twig or bundle of twigs, used for administering beatings; a switch
- A successful basketball shot that does not touch the rim or backboard.
- An effeminate male homosexual.
- To make a rustling sound while moving.
- To flourish with a swishing sound.
- To flog; to lash.
- To make a successful basketball shot that does not touch the rim or backboard.
- To mince or otherwise to behave in an effeminate manner.
- Becoming liquid; thawing; inclined to or tending to thaw.
- Conducive to thawing.
- Attractive physical attributes or features; good bodily proportions; muscles; vigour.
- Qualities, character; behaviour.
- Muscular; brawny.
- To twist or turn.
- To hurl; to cause an object to move rapidly through the air.
- To eject or cause to fall off.
- To move to another position or condition; to displace.
- To make (a pot) by shaping clay as it turns on a wheel.
- Of a bowler, to deliver (the ball) illegally by straightening the bowling arm during delivery.
- To send (an error) to an exception-handling mechanism in order to interrupt normal processing.
- To intentionally lose a game.
- To confuse or mislead.
- To send desperately.
- To imprison.
- To organize an event, especially a party.
- To roll (a die or dice).
- To cause a certain number on the die or dice to be shown after rolling it.
- To discard.
- To lift the opponent off the ground and bring him back down, especially into a position behind the thrower.
- To subject someone to verbally.
- To change in order to give the illusion that the voice is that of someone else.
- To show sudden emotion, especially anger.
- To project or send forth.
- To put on hastily; to spread carelessly.
- To twist two or more filaments of (silk, etc.) so as to form one thread; to twist together, as singles, in a direction contrary to the twist of the singles themselves; sometimes applied to the whole class of operations by which silk is prepared for the weaver.
- To select (a pitcher); to assign a pitcher to a given role (such as starter or reliever).
- The flight of a thrown object
- The act of throwing something.
- One's ability to throw
- A distance travelled; displacement; as, the throw of the piston.
- A piece of fabric used to cover a bed, sofa or other soft furnishing.
- A single instance, occurrence, venture, or chance.
- Pain, especially pain associated with childbirth; throe.
- The act of giving birth in animals, especially in cows.
- To give birth to.
- A moment, time, occasion.
- A period of time; a while.
- Variant of Welsh and Welch.
- Watery; damp; soft.
- Lacking substance or strength; weak; thin; dilute; feeble.
- Not firm or hardy; liable to sweat profusely with labour.
- A an act of
- A portable or wearable timepiece.
- The act of guarding and observing someone or something.
- A particular time period when guarding is kept.
- A person or group of people who guard.
- The post or office of a watchman; also, the place where a watchman is posted, or where a guard is kept.
- A group of sailors and officers aboard a ship or shore station with a common period of duty: starboard watch, port watch.
- A period of time on duty, usually four hours in length; the officers and crew who tend the working of a vessel during the same watch. (FM 55–501).
- The act of seeing, or viewing, for a period of time.
- To look at, see, or view for a period of time.
- To observe over a period of time; to notice or pay attention.
- To mind, attend, or guard.
- To be wary or cautious of.
- To attend to dangers to or regarding.
- To remain awake with a sick or dying person; to maintain a vigil.
- To be vigilant or on one's guard.
- To act as a lookout.
- To serve the purpose of a watchman by floating properly in its place.
- To be awake.
- A town in North Carolina.
- To determine the weight of an object.
- Often with "out", to measure a certain amount of something by its weight, e.g. for sale.
- To determine the intrinsic value or merit of an object, to evaluate.
- To judge; to estimate.
- To consider a subject.
- To have a certain weight.
- To have weight; to be heavy; to press down.
- To be considered as important; to have weight in the intellectual balance.
- To raise an anchor free of the seabed.
- To weigh anchor.
- To bear up; to raise; to lift into the air; to swing up.
- To consider as worthy of notice; to regard.
- A young woman, especially a servant.
- A promiscuous woman.
- A black woman; a negress.
- To frequent prostitutes; to womanize.
- attractive, good-looking
- Insipid; tasteless; delicate; having a pale and sickly look.
- The sound of a heavy strike.
- The strike itself.
- The stroke itself, regardless of its successful impact.
- An attempt, a chance, a turn, a go, originally an attempt to beat someone or something.
- A share, a portion, especially a full share or large portion.
- A whack-up: a division of an amount into separate whacks, a divvying up.
- A deal, an agreement.
- The backslash,
- To hit, slap or strike.
- To kill, bump off.
- To share or parcel out; often with up.
- To beat convincingly; to thrash.
- To surpass; to better.
- A light colour of the iris in horses; the state of being walleyed.
- The horsefly or gadfly.
- A man-made landing place for ships on a shore or river bank.
- The bank of a river, or the shore of the sea.
- A rattling or uvular utterance of the r-sound.
- A fine sand from the banks of the Trent, used as a polishing powder.
- A small raised swelling on the skin, often itchy, caused by a blow from a whip or an insect bite etc.
- A mine.
- Any of several cereal grains, of the genus Triticum, that yields flour as used in bakery.
- A light brown colour, like that of wheat.
- Wheaten, of a light brown colour, like that of wheat.
- A circular device capable of rotating on its axis, facilitating movement or transportation or performing labour in machines.
- A steering wheel and its implied control of a vehicle.
- The instrument attached to the rudder by which a vessel is steered.
- A spinning wheel.
- A potter's wheel.
- This device used as a heraldic charge, usually with six spokes.
- A wheel-like device used as an instrument of torture or punishment.
- A person with a great deal of power or influence; a big wheel.
- The lowest straight in poker: ace, 2, 3, 4, 5.
- A wheelrim.
- A round portion of cheese.
- A Catherine wheel firework.
- A rolling or revolving body; anything of a circular form; a disk; an orb.
- A turn or revolution; rotation; compass.
- A superuser on certain systems.
- To roll along on wheels.
- To transport something or someone using any wheeled mechanism, such as a wheelchair.
- To change direction quickly, turn, pivot, whirl, wheel around.
- To cause to change direction quickly, turn.
- To travel around in large circles, particularly in the air.
- To put into a rotatory motion; to cause to turn or revolve; to make or perform in a circle.
- A little; a small number.
- A quantity; a goodly number.
- A waft (flag used to indicate wind direction or, with a knot tied in the center, as a signal)
- Dicksonia squarrosa, a fast-growing tree fern endemic to New Zealand.
- Certain edible sea snails, especially, any one of numerous species of large marine gastropods belonging to Buccinidae, much used as food in Europe.
- A stripe or mark; a ridge; a wale.
- To cover; to submerge; to engulf; to bury.
- To overcome with emotion.
- To throw (something) over a thing so as to cover it.
- a surge
- A young offspring of a canid (ursid, felid, pinniped), especially of a dog or a wolf, the young of a bear or similar mammal (lion, tiger, seal); a pup, wolf cub.
- An insolent youth; a mere child.
- A kind of ship.
- One of several wooden strips to prevent wear on a windlass on a clipper-era ship.
- A tooth on a sprocket wheel (compare sprocket and cog).
- To give birth.
- What, of those mentioned or implied.
- The one or ones that.
- The one or ones mentioned.
- What one or ones (of those mentioned or implied).
- Who; whom; what (of those mentioned or implied).
- Used of people (now generally or
- An occurrence of the word which.
- A waft; a brief, gentle breeze; a light gust of air
- An odour carried briefly through the air
- A short inhalation or exhalation of breath, especially of smoke from a cigarette or pipe.
- A slight sign of something; a glimpse.
- A strike (from the batter’s perspective)
- The megrim, a fish: or
- To waft.
- To sniff.
- To strike out.
- To attempt to strike and miss, especially being off-balance/vulnerable after missing.
- To throw out in whiffs; to consume in whiffs; to puff.
- To carry or convey by a whiff, or as by a whiff; to puff or blow away.
- Having a strong or unpleasant odor.
- An uncertain duration of time, a period of time.
- During the same time that.
- As long as.
- To pass (time) idly.
- To loiter.
- A kind of mollusk; a whelk.
- The scoter.
- a long-drawn, high-pitched complaining cry or sound
- a complaint or criticism
- To utter a high-pitched cry.
- To make a sound resembling such a cry.
- To complain or protest with a whine or as if with a whine.
- To move with a whining sound.
- To utter with the sound of a whine.
- A high-pitched ringing sound.
- To move with great force or speed.
- whining; tending to whine or complain.
- To rotate, revolve, spin or turn rapidly.
- To have a sensation of spinning or reeling.
- To make something or someone whirl.
- To remove or carry quickly with, or as with, a revolving motion; to snatch.
- An act of whirling.
- Something that whirls.
- A confused tumult.
- A rapid series of events.
- Dizziness or giddiness.
- A brief experiment or trial.
- To move or vibrate (something) with a buzzing sound.
- To make a sibilant buzzing or droning sound.
- To cause (something) to make such a sound.
- A sibilant buzz or vibration; the sound of something in rapid motion.
- A bustle of noise and excitement.
- A sibilant sound, especially that of rapid movement through the air.
- To make such a sound.
- A quick, light sweeping motion.
- A kitchen utensil, made from stiff wire loops fixed to a handle, used for whipping (or a mechanical device with the same function).
- A bunch of twigs or hair etc, used as a brush.
- A small handheld broom with a small (or no) handle.
- A plane used by coopers for evening chines.
- A kind of cape, forming part of a woman's dress.
- An impertinent fellow.
- To move something with quick light sweeping motions.
- In cooking, to whip e.g. eggs or cream.
- To move something rapidly and with no warning.
- To move lightly and nimbly.
- The card game whist.
- Any of several four-player card games, similar to bridge.
- Sessions of playing the card game.
- To hush or silence; to still.
- To become silent.
- Close to white in colour.
- Sound, uninjured, healthy.
- From which none of its constituents has been removed.
- In entirety; entirely; wholly.
- Something complete, without any parts missing.
- An entirety.
- To make a snuffling noise, like a bear or a steam engine.
- An exclamation, a cry, usually of joy.
- A gasp, characteristic of whooping cough.
- A bump on a racetrack.
- A bird, the hoopoe.
- To make a whoop.
- To shout, to yell.
- To cough or breathe with a sonorous inspiration, as in whooping cough.
- To insult with shouts; to chase with derision.
- To beat, to strike.
- To defeat thoroughly.
- A pattern of concentric circles.
- A circle of three or more leaves, flowers, or other organs, about the same part or joint of a stem.
- A volution, or turn, of the spire of a univalve shell.
- A flywheel, a weight attached to a spindle (attested in English from 1460)
- To form a pattern of concentric circles.
- The whortleberry, or bilberry.
- Of whom, belonging to whom.
- Of whom, belonging to whom.
- Of which, belonging to which.
- Of whom, belonging to whom.
- Of whom, belonging to whom.
- whosoever, whatever person
- A thumping sound.
- To strike something with a whump.
- The state of being wide.
- The measurement of the extent of something from side to side.
- A piece of material measured along its smaller dimension, especially fabric.
- The horizontal distance between a batsman and the ball as it passes him.
- The use of all the width of the pitch, from one side to the other.
- A person who practices witchcraft; a woman or man who practices witchcraft.
- A woman who is learned in and actively practices witchcraft.
- An ugly or unpleasant woman.
- One who exercises more-than-common power of attraction; a charming or bewitching person.
- One given to mischief, especially a woman or child.
- A certain curve of the third order, described by Maria Agnesi under the name versiera.
- The stormy petrel.
- Any of a number of flatfish:
- (Torbay sole), found in the North Atlantic.
- (megrim), found in the North Atlantic.
- found near New Zealand.
- To practise witchcraft.
- To bewitch.
- To dowse for water.
- A cone of paper which is placed in a vessel of lard or other fat and used as a taper.
- A flexible, slender twig or shoot, especially when used as a band or for binding; a withy.
- An iron attachment on one end of a mast or boom, with a ring, through which another mast or boom is rigged out and secured.
- A partition between flues in a chimney.
- To bind with withes.
- To beat with withes.
- Flexible, like a withe.
- The osier ( a type of willow.
- A long flexible twig of the osier; a withe.
- A sub-provincial city in central China; capital of Hubei Province.
- In any way or manner whatever.
- In any case. Used to indicate that a statement explains or supports a previous statement.
- An Indo-Aryan language, usually considered a dialect of Hindi, spoken in India and Nepal.
- A native or inhabitant of Awadh in India.
- Just drawn out of the ground, and hanging perpendicularly; atrip; said of the anchor.
- To confound; to terrify; to amaze.
- Riding a bicycle.
- travelling by a wheeled vehicle; mobile
- circling, moving in the shape of a wheel
- For some time; for a short time.
- In the meantime; during (an implicit ongoing process).
- A large food fish ( of the north Pacific coast; the candlefish or sablefish.
- To wash all over; drench with water.
- Bloom or blossom; blossoms collectively; the state of blossoming.
- A tree, Anacardium occidentale, native to northeastern Brazil, now widely grown in tropical climates for its cashew nuts and cashew apples.
- A cashew nut.
- An East Asian tea bowl.
- of, i.e. nonstandard variant of chewed.
- That has been chewed; masticated.
- A fly-flapper or whisk originally made from the bushy tail of a yak.
- An umbelliferous plant (Peucedanum cous) with edible tuberous roots, found in Oregon, USA.
- timorous; fearful; cowardly
- Any of certain cultivars of ( one of the species of winter squash.
- name derived from the surname.
- A village/town in Illinois.
- A city/town in Kansas.
- A village in Nebraska.
- A city/village in North Dakota.
- To avoid; to shun, to shy away from.
- a small town in Arkansas, USA.
- a census-designated place in North Carolina, USA.
- a small town in Oklahoma, USA.
- a city in Tennessee, USA.
- an unincorporated community in West Virginia, USA.
- a river in Georgia, USA.
- To despise; scorn.
- To forsake; quit; abandon; desert.
- To cast off; scorn.
- Because; for the reason that.
- An increase in size, number, value, or strength.
- The act of growing, getting bigger or higher.
- Something that grows or has grown.
- An abnormal mass such as a tumor.
- A saint; a holy person; an apostle.
- To make holy, to sanctify.
- To shout, especially to urge on dogs for hunting.
- A shout, cry; a hulloo.
- name transferred from the surname.
- a town in Essex, England.
- A town in the Scottish Borders region
- The act of saying "haw", in intermission or hesitation of speech.
- Curved like a hawk's bill; crooked.
- a cable or heavy rope used to tow or moor a ship
- A pile of hay stored in a barn.
- The place in a barn where hay is deposited.
- name occasionally borrowed from
- The act of one who hews or chops.
- A small valley between mountains.
- A sunken area or unfilled space in something solid; a cavity, natural or artificial.
- A sunken area.
- A feeling of emptiness.
- to make a hole in something; to excavate
- Having an empty space or cavity inside.
- Distant, eerie; echoing, reverberating, as if in a hollow space; dull, muffled; often low-pitched.
- Without substance; having no real or significant worth; meaningless.
- Insincere, devoid of validity; specious.
- concave; gaunt; sunken.
- pertaining to hollow body position
- Completely, as part of the phrase beat hollow or beat all hollow.
- To urge or call by shouting; to hollo.
- name, transferred back from the surname. Short form: Howie.
- A small city in Kansas, USA
- A small city in South Dakota, USA
- A seat, usually with a canopy, carried on the back of an elephant or camel.
- An ornate carriage which is positioned on the back of elephants or occasionally other animals, used most often in the past for rich people who travelled in India via elephant.
- derived from the given name.
- a city in Michigan, USA
- an unincorporated community in Missouri, USA.
- a small town in Utah, USA.
- a hamlet near Lincolnshire, England.
- That which howls, especially an animal which howls, such as a wolf or a howler monkey.
- A person hired to howl at a funeral
- A painfully obvious mistake.
- A hilarious joke.
- A bitterly cold day
- A heavy fall, literally or figuratively
- A serious accident (especially to come a howler or go a howler, e.g. "Our hansom came a howler"; compare: come a cropper)
- A tremendous lie
- A fashionably but extravagantly overdressed man, a "howling swell"
- A calamity howler is "one that makes dismal predictions of impending disaster"Taylor, D. Wooster. The dust of Frisco Town, dedicated to the calamity howler. Publisher: Paul Elder, San Francisco.
- A large city in India, in the state of West Bengal.
- A Wahhabi religious militia of the early twentieth century, made up of traditionally nomadic tribesmen, which formed a significant military force of the ruler Ibn Saud and played an important role in establishing him as ruler of most of the Arabian Peninsula in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Being a Jew, or relating to Jews, their ethnicity, religion or culture.
- The Yiddish language.
- An the spoken by the
- Malawi's major currency unit; 100 tambala = 1 kwacha.
- Zambia's major currency unit; 100 ngwee = 1 kwacha.
- an African antelope that inhabits marshy regions.
- A sour beverage from Africa, made from cornmeal.
- name, an occasional spelling variant of Matthew.
- A London Borough in eastern Greater London, comprising East Ham and West Ham.
- Not at all; in no respect.
- A point from which one has an unrestricted perspective in time.
- A city in Ontario, Canada
- Resembling or characteristic of an owl.
- Wise and solemn.
- Originally, a chief minister under the Marathi princes; later, (the title of) each of the rulers of the Marathi kingdom in central India from 1713–1818.
- To thaw again after freezing or having been frozen.
- The act of washing something again
- wash again
- A town in Switzerland, the capital of the canton of Schwyz.
- A canton of Switzerland.
- A dark image projected onto a surface where light (or other radiation) is blocked by the shade of an object.
- Relative darkness, especially as caused by the interruption of light; gloom, obscurity.
- A reflected image, as in a mirror or in water.
- That which looms as though a shadow.
- A small degree; a shade.
- An imperfect and faint representation.
- A trainee, assigned to work with an experienced officer.
- One who secretly or furtively follows another.
- A type of lettering form of word processors that makes a cubic effect.
- An influence, especially a pervasive or a negative one.
- A spirit; a ghost; a shade.
- An uninvited guest accompanying one who was invited.
- In Jungian psychology, an unconscious aspect of the personality.
- To block light or radio transmission.
- To secretly or discreetly track or follow another, to keep under surveillance.
- To accompany a professional during the working day, so as to learn about an occupation one intends to take up.
- To make an identifier, usually a variable, inaccessible by declaring another of the same name within the scope of the first.
- To apply the shadowing process to (the contents of ROM).
- Unofficial, informal, unauthorized, but acting as though it were.
- Having power or influence, but not widely known or recognized.
- Acting in a leadership role before being formally recognized.
- name, a modern feminine form of Shawn.
- participle of (alternative to shown)
- A brief fall of precipitation.
- A device for bathing by which water is made to fall on the body from a height, either from a tank or by the action of a pump.
- An instance of using of this device in order to bathe oneself.
- A quantity of something that has characteristics of a rain shower.
- A party associated with a significant event in a person's life, at which the person usually receives gifts.
- A bridal shower.
- A baby shower.
- A battle, an attack; conflict.
- A shower of shit.
- To spray with (a specified liquid).
- To bathe using a shower.
- to bestow liberally, to give or distribute in abundance
- One who shows.
- A man whose penis appears roughly full size both when flaccid and when erect.
- showing clever resourcefulness in practical matters
- artful, tricky or cunning
- Scolding, satirical, sharp.
- An apparition of a person about to die; a wraith.
- soft like overripe fruit
- A bandage; a band
- To bind with a swathe, band, bandage, or rollers
- A group of people
- Producing a swishing sound.
- Swish; fancy, posh, impressive.
- Effeminate; gay
- A device to turn electric current on and off or direct its flow.
- A change.
- A movable section of railroad track which allows the train to be directed down one of two destination tracks; point.
- A slender woody plant stem used as a whip; a thin, flexible rod, associated with corporal punishment in the United States.
- A command line notation allowing specification of optional behavior.
- A programming construct that takes different actions depending on the value of an expression.
- A networking device connecting multiple wires, allowing them to communicate simultaneously, when possible. Compare to the less efficient hub device that solely duplicates network packets to each wire.
- A system of specialized relays, computer hardware, or other equipment which allows the interconnection of a calling party's telephone line with any called party's line.
- One who is willing to take either a sadistic or a masochistic role.
- A separate mass or tress of hair, or of some substance (such as jute) made to resemble hair, formerly worn on the head by women.
- To exchange.
- To change (something) to the specified state using a switch.
- To whip or hit with a switch.
- To change places, tasks, etc.
- To get angry suddenly; to quickly or unreasonably become enraged.
- To swing or whisk.
- To be swung or whisked.
- To trim.
- To turn from one railway track to another; to transfer by a switch; generally with off, from, etc.
- To shift to another circuit.
- riding with the front and back feet swapped round compared to one's normal position. BBC Sport, "Sochi 2014: A jargon-busting guide to the halfpipe", 11 February 2014
- instantly, quickly, speedily, rapidly, strongly; very
- To move with a rushing or swirling sound
- A swooshing movement or sound
- A pattern or logo suggesting a swooshing movement.
- A sound; a groan or moan; a sough.
- A swoon.
- the central Islamic doctrine of the divine unity
- A device for thawing something.
- Having thews or muscles.
- Accustomed or educated.
- A tholepin in a boat.
- A rowlock.
- The act of thwacking; a strike or blow, especially with a flat implement.
- A heavy slapping sound.
- To whack or hit with a flat implement.
- To beat.
- To fill to overflow.
- To prevent; to halt; to cause to fail; to foil; to frustrate.
- To move across or counter to; to cross.
- A brace, perpendicular to the keel, that helps maintain the beam (breadth) of a marine vessel against external water pressure and that may serve to support the rail.
- A seat across a boat on which a rower may sit.
- Situated or placed across something else; transverse; oblique.
- Perverse; crossgrained.
- Obliquely; transversely; athwart.
- To cut or clip with a knife; to whittle.
- Any of several species of birds of the genera Pipilo and Melozone.
- A brief, small (sometimes involuntary) movement out of place and then back again; a spasm.
- Action of spotting or seeking out a bird, especially a rare one.
- A stick with a hole in one end through which passes a loop, which can be drawn tightly over the upper lip or an ear of a horse and twisted to keep the animal quiet during minor surgery.
- A brief, contractile response of a skeletal muscle elicited by a single maximal volley of impulses in the neurons supplying it.
- To perform a twitch; spasm.
- To jerk sharply and briefly.
- To spot or seek out a bird, especially a rare one.
- To not thaw; to (re-)freeze or remain frozen.
- To thaw out, to unfreeze; to become soft (of something which had been frozen).
- To wish not to be; to destroy by wishing.
- an unincorporated community in Arkansas, USA.
- a city in Indiana, USA
- an unincorporated community in Nebraska, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Ohio, USA.
- a ghost town in West Virginia, USA.
- the in Ohio, Indiana and Illinois, which is a tributary of the
- a former railroad, the
- A servant or other person responsible for something, often specified before it, for example kitchen wallah.
- A guy or bloke.
- by God; definition
- To cure or heal (an illness or person)
- To get better; to recover from an illness
- A moderate degree of heat; the sensation of being warm.
- Friendliness, kindness or affection.
- Fervor, intensity of emotion or expression.
- The effect of using mostly red and yellow hues.
- A large draught of any liquid.
- To drink, to quaff.
- Riches; valuable material possessions.
- A great amount; an abundance or plenty.
- Weal; welfare; prosperity; good; well-being; happiness; joy.
- One who hunts whales; a person employed in the whaling industry.
- A seagoing vessel used for hunting whales.
- One who whales (flogs or beats).
- A large, strong person.
- Something of unusually great size, a whopper, a whacker.
- Any shark of the family Carcharhinidae; a requiem shark.
- A sundowner; one who cruises about.
- Having a light-coloured iris of the eye.
- An action-packed scene in a film, etc.
- a serious or devastating setback
- an evil spell; a curse or hex
- to turn, turn over (especially of mown grass).
- Clipping of whatsoever.
- Resembling, or tasting of, wheat.
- An automobile or other vehicle; a set of wheels
- Well-developed thigh muscles.
- Circular; suitable to rotation.
- A piping or whistling sound caused by difficult respiration.
- An ordinary whisper exaggerated so as to produce the hoarse sound known as the "stage whisper"; a forcible whisper with some admixture of tone.
- An ulterior scheme or plan
- Something very humorous or laughable.
- To breathe hard, and with an audible piping or whistling sound, as persons affected with asthma.
- Having whelks, ridges, or protuberances.
- streaked; striated
- From where; from which place or source.
- The European widgeon.
- Resembling whey.
- Having a bad smell.
- sometimes; at times
- Once upon a time, formerly.
- Former, sometime.
- While, at the same time.
- Full of whims; whimsical.
- A quaint and fanciful idea; a whim; playfully odd behaviour.
- An impulsive, illogical or capricious character.
- A whim
- A jigsaw puzzle piece that has been cut into a recognizable shape, as if on a whim; often the shape is representative of the theme of the image used for the puzzle.
- To fill with whimsies or whims; to make fantastic; to craze.
- One who whines about perceived problems; a complainer.
- To complain, especially in an annoying or persistent manner.
- To whine.
- A cry.
- A peevish complaint.
- A gentle neigh.
- To make a gentle neigh.
- Whiplike; thin and pliant.
- Visually suggestive of a swirl, whorl, or vortex.
- That moves in a whirling motion.
- Making a whirr sound or motion.
- A sudden or quick movement; a whirr.
- To convey swiftly.
- To hurry; to go swiftly.
- A town and seaport in North Yorkshire, England.
- Any of a number of other places.
- Clothing or linens, especially laundry, that is white
- The uniform of a chef
- cricket whites
- A white person, a person of European descent, a Caucasian.
- A state or bout of sickness, especially induced by cannabis use.
- Completely and entirely; to the fullest extent.
- Exclusively and solely.
- whichever person, whomever
- A breathy sound like that of an object passing at high speed.
- To make a breathy sound like a whoosh.
- Shaped like a whorl.
- Any of various black and white African weaverbirds with distinctive drooping long tailfeathers on males in mating season, suitable as cage birds.
- Like a wife; wifely.
- Resembling wine; winy.
- Someone who makes a wish
- Steadfastly; intently.
- Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of witches; witchlike.
- All things considered; nevertheless; besidesMeanings in Merriam-Webster's Dictionary
- With this; with that.
- Before the specified duration ends.
- In or into the interior; inside.
- A ghost or specter, especially seen just after a person's death.
- Feeling wrath; very angry, furious.
- Something twisted, intertwined, or curled.
- An ornamental circular band made, for example, of plaited flowers and leaves, and used as decoration; a garland or chaplet, especially one given to a victor.
- An appendage to the shield, placed above it, and supporting the crest; an orle, a torse. It generally represents a twist of two cords of silk, one tinctured like the principal metal, the other like the principal color in the coat of arms.
- To place an entwined circle of flowers upon or around something.
- To wrap around something in a circle.
- To curl, writhe or spiral in the form of a wreath.
- A trick or artifice.
- Deceit; guile; treachery.
- A movement that twists or pulls violently; a tug.
- An injury caused by a violent twisting or pulling of a limb; strain, sprain.
- A turn at an acute angle.
- A winch or windlass.
- A screw.
- A distorting change from the original meaning.
- A hand tool for making rotational adjustments, such as fitting nuts and bolts, or fitting pipes; a spanner.
- An adjustable spanner used by plumbers.
- A violent emotional change caused by separation.
- In screw theory, a screw assembled from force and torque vectors arising from application of Newton's laws to a rigid body.
- means; contrivance
- To violently move in a turn or writhe.
- To pull or twist violently.
- To turn aside or deflect.
- To slander.
- To tighten with or as if with a winch.
- To injure (a joint) by pulling or twisting.
- To distort from the original meaning.
- To thrust a weapon in a twisting motion.
- To disarm an opponent by whirling his or her blade away.
- To rack with pain.
- To deprive by means of a violent pull or twist.
- To use the tool known as a wrench.
- An unhappy, unfortunate, or miserable person.
- An unpleasant, annoying person.
- An exile.
- To twist, to wring (something).
- To contort (a part of the body).
- To twist or contort the body; to be distorted.
- The number of negative crossings subtracted from the number of positive crossings in a knot
- Characterized by or prone to writhing.
- To make a rushing sound; to whizz.
- To shake vigorously.
- the name of the God of Israel worshipped by the Jahwist prophets in the kingdoms of Israel and Judah in antiquity
- in "Sacred Name Bibles", translating the Tetragrammaton
- To quench; extinguish (fire, pain, malice, enemies, etc.)
- At any point in time.
- A passageway covered by an arch, particularly one made of masonry.
- A doorway with a semilunar-shaped top.
- A city in and the county seat of in Arkansas, USA.
- From side to side; across.
- Across the path (of something).
- From one side to the other side of.
- Across the line of a ship's course or across its deck.
- Across the path or course of; opposing.
- A type of laundry in which the washing was returned to the customer in a bag, undried and unpressed.
- To invoke or wish evil upon; to curse.
- A mildly imprecatory or merely expletive introductory exclamation, in the form of the imperative.
- To make a whore of; prostitute; treat as a whore.
- To call or pronounce a whore.
- to cast a spell on someone or something
- to astonish, amaze
- A large whale, having a large, rounded head, that inhabits Arctic waters.
- The act of firing an arrow from a bow
- The distance that the arrow of an average archer can effectively travel.
- participle of, i.e. nonstandard variant of chewing.
- The consumption of (the juice from) the khat plant.
- A bird, Pipilo erythrophthalmus, the Eastern towhee.
- A Siouan language originally spoken by the Missouria, Otoe and Iowa peoples.
- An peoples native to the area currently known as in the
- The of the Choctaw tribe.
- An in
- An unincorporated community in Mississippi.
- A in that is a of
- Relating to the Choctaw tribe or its language.
- A person of Choctaw heritage.
- A thick, creamy soup or stew.
- A stew, particularly fish or seafood, not necessarily thickened.
- A seller of fish.
- To make (seafood, etc.) into chowder.
- Any of various types of boxfish, family Ostraciidae.
- The grampus,
- A of California,
- A marine plectognath fish, and allied species, having two projections, like horns, in front.
- One who tends free-range cattle, especially in the American West.
- The heel of a cow, used as food.
- an annual herb with blue-grey waxy herbage and pale pink flowers, native to Eurasia.
- A hide of a cow.
- Any quantity of hides of cows.
- Leather made from the hide of cows.
- A coarse whip made of untanned leather.
- To flog with a cowhide.
- A path made by, or used by, cows.
- A small barn for keeping cows.
- A gratuity or tip as thanks for a service
- To give or make a present to.
- A bird, the European goatsucker.
- somehow else; in some other way
- A soothing medicated lotion for the eyes
- Nonsense; flattery; pretentiousness.
- To fool with nonsense or flattery.
- To keep information secret by sending false information to many people in one's own organization, and correct information to a select few.
- A structure built on or around dams or locks to facilitate the migration of fish.
- To hew or cut in front.
- A group of Egyptian dancing girls of the Nawari people, whose suggestive dancing was seen as improper.
- Any of several birds of prey, principally in the genus, Accipiter.
- Inclined to growth; growing healthily or rapidly.
- Chinese maritime customs
- Half of the way between two points; midway.
- Moderately; somewhat.
- The relics or remains of a saint, or the shrines in which they are kept.
- A corridor in a building that connects rooms.
- A coastal town in Essex, England
- Any dandelion-like flower of the genera and in the family Asteraceae.
- Supportive of warlike foreign policy; bellicose; inclined toward military action.
- Favouring increasing interest rates; inclined towards increasing interest rates.
- Wire used to bind bales of hay.
- Roughly-made, unsophisticated, decrepit (from the use of haywire for temporary repairs).
- Behaving erratically or uncontrollably, especially of a machine or mechanical process; usually used with the verb "go".
- Movement ahead or forward.
- Forward motion, or its rate.
- The interval of time or distance between the fronts of two vehicles (e.g. buses) moving in succession in the same direction, especially along the same pre-determined route.
- Progress toward a goal.
- The clearance beneath an object, such as an arch, ceiling or bridge; headroom.
- A cross-heading.
- The nineteenth book of the New Testament of the Bible, the epistle of St Paul to the Hebrews.
- A seaweed, badderlocks.
- Capable of being hewn.
- The European green woodpecker.
- A main, direct public road, especially a multi-lane, high speed thoroughfare connecting major population centers.
- Any public road for vehicular traffic.
- A fleshy, edible plant in the stonecrop family,
- foolish talk or writing; nonsense.
- Any coarse weedy herb.
- An umbelliferous plant, of genus Heracleum, some of them being poisonous.
- Certain plants from the genera Ambrosia, Erigeron, or Heracleum.
- A traveller.
- A merchant in the East (so called because merchants were formerly the chief travellers).
- Be that as it may; nevertheless.
- Nevertheless; yet, still; in spite of (that).
- To whatever degree or extent
- In whatever way or manner.
- definition how.
- In any case, at any rate, at all events.
- In whatever way or manner.
- Although, though, but, yet.
- A calcium borosilicate hydroxide found in evaporite deposits.
- A housewife.
- A worthless woman; hussy.
- A small case containing scissors, thread, needles and other sewing things.
- To manage with frugality.
- To encircle.
- The inner wheel of a mill.
- The county town of Suffolk, England
- A city in south-east Queensland, Australia.
- A coastal town in Massachusetts, USA.
- A small city in South Dakota, USA
- An unincorporated community in Wisconsin, USA.
- Any of many marine fish, of the family , that have large mouths
- A native or inhabitant of the American state of Kansas.
- Someone associated with the University of Kansas, for example as a student, alum, or sports team member, or as a fan.
- The low-growing tropical American shrub (formerly Pedilanthus tithymaloides).
- a marine fish found around the southeastern coast of Australia and New Zealand, having a dark bluish-green body with indistinct rows of spots forming narrow irregular bands on the upper sides.
- A sort of covered basket used as a pannier or saddle on the back of a camel.
- a small city in Hancock County, Iowa, USA
- a river in West Virginia, USA, which flows into the Ohio River.
- an unincorporated community in Wood County, West Virginia.
- an originally proposed (and rejected) name for the state of West Virginia.
- Transliteration of a male given name of Persian origin.
Possible word length