Page 1 from 4
Total results: 3503
- Heavy goods vehicle (a lorry/truck weighing more than 3.5 tons).
- Hepatitis G virus.
- A type of videotape originally developed by the Japan company JVC.
- A Chevrolet automobile.
- VHSIC Hardware Description Language.
- A city in south Iran, capital of the Khuzestan Province.
- To come to an issue; to turn out; to succeed.
- A hunt or chase.
- A hunting cry.
- To vex or harass with petty attacks.
- To maneuver or secure gradually.
- To scurry.
- A confection usually made from crushed sesame seeds and honey. It is a traditional dessert in India, the Mediterranean, the Balkans, and the Middle East.
- A river in Germany.
- widespread devastation, destruction
- To pillage.
- To cause havoc.
- To lift with difficulty; to raise with some effort; to lift (a heavy thing).
- To throw, cast.
- To rise and fall.
- To utter with effort.
- To pull up with a rope or cable.
- To lift (generally); to raise, or cause to move upwards (particularly in ships or vehicles) or forwards.
- To be thrown up or raised; to rise upward, as a tower or mound.
- To displace (a vein, stratum).
- To cause to swell or rise, especially in repeated exertions.
- To move in a certain direction or into a certain position or situation.
- To retch, to make an effort to vomit; to vomit.
- To make an effort to raise, throw, or move anything; to strain to do something difficult.
- To rob; to steal from; to plunder.
- An effort to raise something, such as a weight or one's own body, or to move something heavy.
- An upward motion; a rising; a swell or distention, as of the breast in difficult breathing, of the waves, of the earth in an earthquake, etc.
- A horizontal dislocation in a metallic lode, taking place at an intersection with another lode.
- The measure of extent to which a nautical vessel goes up and down in a short period of time. Compare with pitch.
- Having great weight.
- Serious, somber.
- Not easy to bear; burdensome; oppressive.
- High, great.
- Louder, more distorted.
- Hot and humid.
- Doing the specified activity more intensely than most other people.
- High in fat or protein; difficult to digest.
- Of great force, power, or intensity; deep or intense.
- Laden to a great extent.
- Laden with that which is weighty; encumbered; burdened; bowed down, either with an actual burden, or with grief, pain, disappointment, etc.
- Slow; sluggish; inactive; or lifeless, dull, inanimate, stupid.
- Impeding motion; cloggy; clayey.
- Not raised or leavened.
- Having much body or strength; said of wines or spirits.
- With child; pregnant.
- A villain or bad guy; the one responsible for evil or aggressive acts.
- A doorman, bouncer or bodyguard.
- A large multi-engined aircraft.
- To make heavier.
- To sadden.
- To use power and/or wealth to exert influence on, e.g., governments or corporations; to pressure.
- Having the heaves.
- One who collects bees into a hive.
- Itchy, swollen, red areas of the skin which can appear quickly in response to an allergen or due to other conditions.
- A disease in cattle consisting of inflammation of the stomach by gas, usually caused by eating too much green food.
- An indigenous people of Oaxaca State, Mexico.
- Their language, which is a language isolate with several dialects.
- A small historical town in present-day Uzbekistan, former capital of Khwarezm, and a former khanate.
- A kind of borscht made with sorrel (or occasionally lemongrass)
- To make bald by using a tool such as a razor or pair of electric clippers to cut the hair close to the skin.
- To cut anything in this fashion.
- To remove hair from one's face by this means.
- To cut finely, as with slices of meat.
- To skim along or near the surface of; to pass close to, or touch lightly, in passing.
- To be hard and severe in a bargain with; to practice extortion on; to cheat.
- To buy (a note) at a discount greater than the legal rate of interest, or to deduct in discounting it more than the legal rate allows.
- An instance of shaving.
- A thin slice; a shaving.
- An exorbitant discount on a note.
- A premium paid for an extension of the time of delivery or payment, or for the right to vary a stock contract in any particular.
- A hand tool consisting of a sharp blade with a handle at each end; a spokeshave.
- To push, especially roughly or with force.
- To move off or along by an act of pushing, as with an oar or pole used in a boat; sometimes with off.
- To make an all-in bet.
- To pass (counterfeit money).
- A rough push.
- An all-in bet.
- Any of several leguminous plants, of the genus Vicia, often grown as green manure and for their edible seeds.
- Any of several similar plants within the subfamily Faboideae.
- A Wallachian.
- A Romanian.
- Any member of an Eastern Romance speaking group, including Romanians, Aromanians, Megleno-Romanians, and Istro-Romanians.
- Any member of a Polish ethnographic group (subgroup of Silesians) living around the towns of Cieszyn and Skoczów
- To take responsibility for; to express confidence in; to witness; to obtest.
- To warrant; to maintain by affirmations; to attest; to affirm; to avouch.
- To back; to support; to confirm.
- To call into court to warrant and defend, or to make good a warranty of title.
- To call; to summon.
- To bear witness; to give testimony or full attestation.
- To call as a witness.
- To assert; to aver; to declare.
- Warrant; attestation.
- To declare freely and openly; to assert.
- To acknowledge deliberately; to admit; to confess; to sanction.
- To confirm or verify, to affirm the validity of.
- To appeal to; to cite or claim as authority.
- evidence; declaration
- To conduct (oneself) well, or in a given way.
- To act, conduct oneself in a specific manner; definition
- To conduct, manage, regulate (something).
- To act in a polite or proper way.
- A friend or comrade; a member of a chevra.
- A horse; hence, a support or frame.
- A river fish, the chub.
- The extreme end of the chancel or choir; properly the round or polygonal part.
- To subject to harassment or verbal abuse.
- To coerce, as by persistent request.
- To sneak up on or rapidly approach.
- To pursue as in a hunt.
- A goad.
- Pertaining to a dove; dove-like.
- Peaceful, conciliatory.
- Disfavoring increasing interest rates; inclined against increasing interest rates.
- name, in modern use often transferred back from the surname.
- A city in Illinois.
- A city/town in Iowa.
- A in Louisiana.
- A city in North Dakota.
- A town in Western Australia.
- A town in Hampshire, England.
- A local government district with borough status in Hampshire, with its headquarters in the town of Havant.
- Something owned; possession; goods; estate.
- One who, or that which, heaves or lifts; a laborer employed on docks in handling freight.
- A bar used as a lever.
- A period of retching.
- A disease of horses characterized by coughing and difficult breathing.
- holly, an evergreen shrub or tree
- To place in a hive; to hive.
- From or pertaining to Khiva.
- Someone from Khiva.
- To whine or complain, often needlessly and incessantly.
- Person who endlessly whines or complains; a person who finds fault with anything.
- An instance of kvetching; a complaint or whine.
- A soft, thin flatbread made with flour, water, yeast, and salt, baked in a tandoor. Toasted sesame seeds and/or poppy seeds are sometimes sprinkled on it before baking. Traditionally made in Armenia and other countries of the Caucasus and the Middle East.
- Expending or bestowing profusely; profuse; prodigal.
- Superabundant; excessive
- To give out extremely generously; to squander.
- To give out to (somebody) extremely generously.
- Somewhat live or alive; lively.
- A ritual bath in which various Jewish purifications are performed.
- A Native American people indigenous to the Colorado River in the Mojave Desert.
- A Yuman language spoken by Mohave people of California and Arizona.
- An Israeli town or settlement: definition a type of cooperative agricultural community of individual farms pioneered by the during the second aliyah.
- To seize and carry away by violence; to snatch by force.
- To transport with joy or delight; to delight to ecstasy.
- To rape.
- Having been shaved.
- A wheel having a groove in the rim for a rope to work in, and set in a block, mast, or the like; the wheel of a pulley.
- To gather and bind into a sheaf.
- to place on a shelf
- to set aside, quit, or halt
- To furnish with shelves.
- To take (drugs) by anal insertion.
- To have sex with.
- A rocky ledge or shelf.
- The fifth month of the civil year in the Jewish calendar, after Tevet and before Adar.
- A hand tool with a handle, used for moving portions of material such as earth, snow, and grain from one place to another, with some forms also used for digging. Not to be confused with a spade, which is designed solely for small-scale digging and incidental tasks such as chopping of small roots.
- A spade.
- To move materials with a shovel.
- To move with a shoveling motion.
- To hear or receive a confession (of sins etc.)
- To prescribe penance or absolution.
- To confess, and receive absolution.
- To join in the festivities of Shrovetide.
- To make merry.
- A ewe lamb of the first year.
- A sheep three years old.
- To urge; compel; importune.
- A sheaf; a handful.
- Twenty-four (or in some places, twelve) sheaves of wheat; a shock, or stook.
- Two dozen, or similar indefinite number; a bunch; a throng.
- To grow or increase stature; to grow vigorously or luxuriantly, to flourish.
- To increase in wealth or success; to prosper, be profitable.
- To drive or remove from a hive.
- To deprive (a crowd, etc.) of habitation or shelter.
- To become invisible or to move out of view unnoticed.
- To become equal to zero.
- The brief terminal part of a vowel or vocal element, differing more or less in quality from the main part.
- A magic trick in which something seems to disappear.
- A queen of Persia.
- name of biblical origin.
- of origin, variant of Vaughan.
- name transferred from the surname.
- Any of several cities in Montana, New Mexico, or Washington.
- Of or pertaining to the a Westphalian "proto-vigilante" tribunal system during the Middle Ages.
- Consisting of vetches or pea straw.
- Abounding with vetches.
- One of the Trimurti (trinity) in Hindu mythology, and the most popularly venerated god in Hinduism. Vishnu is commonly depicted as being blue in colour and having four arms: with each hand holding either a lotus, a mace, a conch shell or Chakra weapon. Vishnu is the Supreme being or Ultimate Reality for Vaishnavas and a manifestation of Brahman in the Advaita or Smarta traditions of Hinduism.
- name used in India.
- to turn, turn over (especially of mown grass).
- Marshall Georgy Zhukov, a Soviet Russian career officer in the Red Army, one of the most decorated generals in the history of the Soviet Union and Russia.
- A town in Kaluga оblast, Russia, named after Georgy Zhukov.
- To succeed in something, now especially in academic performance.
- To carry out successfully; to accomplish.
- To conclude, finish, especially successfully.
- To obtain, or gain (a desired result, objective etc.), as the result of exertion; to succeed in gaining; to win.
- To conclude, to turn out.
- To obtain (a material thing).
- Any small saltwater fish of the Engraulidae family, consisting of 160 species in 16 genera, of which the genus Engraulis is widely sold as food.
- Someone or something that behaves.
- An individual whose behaviour is being monitored or studied.
- To suit; to befit.
- To be necessary for (someone).
- To be in the best interest of; to benefit
- A Hindu goddess, consort of Shiva.
- Like a calf; stupid.
- Raw seafood cured by marination in an acidic medium such as citrus, vinegar, or other souring agent, found primarily in Latin America.
- in the manner of or typical of a chav.
- A leafy herb, resembling parsley.
- leaves from the plant, used as an herb in cooking, which have a mild flavour of anise.
- A capitation tax; an equal tax or tribute per person.
- A V-shaped pattern; used in architecture, and as an insignia of military or police rank, on the sleeve
- A wide inverted V placed on a shield.
- One of the V-shaped markings on the surface of roads used to indicate minimum distances between vehicles.
- A guillemet, either of the punctuation marks “«” or “»”, used in several languages to indicate passages of speech. Similar to typical quotation marks used in the English language such as ““” and “””.
- An angle bracket, either used as a typographic or a scientific symbol.
- A a diacritical mark that may resemble an inverted circumflex.
- To form or be formed into chevrons
- From, or pertaining to, Chuvashia
- Someone from, or pertaining to Chuvashia
- An agglutinative language of the Bolgar branch of the Turkic language family and is spoken west of the Ural mountains in central Russia. Chuvash is the native language of the Chuvash people and an official language of Chuvashia. It is spoken by about two million people.
- a town in Worcestershire, England.
- an impure or dirty ore
- The process or instance of dividing in half.
- Any of a number of places named for persons with the surname, including a city in Massachusetts.
- A university in Cambridge, MA named after American clergyman and philanthropist.
- The third season of the year; autumn; fall.
- The season of gathering ripened crops; specifically, the time of reaping and gathering grain.
- The process of gathering the ripened crop; harvesting.
- The yield of harvesting, i.e., the gathered crops or fruits.
- The product or result of any exertion or labor; gain; reward.
- A modern pagan ceremony held on or around the autumn equinox, which is in the harvesting season.
- To bring in a harvest; reap; glean.
- To be occupied bringing in a harvest
- To win, achieve a gain.
- A semi-soft Danish cow's milk cheese.
- A sample, brand, or variety of such cheese.
- Demeanour, behaviour, comportment.
- In a heavy manner.
- With a great weight.
- To a considerable degree, to a great extent.
- In a manner designed for heavy duty.
- So as to be thick or heavy.
- In a laboured manner.
- Crowded with people.
- An occasion on which something heaves or is heaved.
- hell of a; extreme
- A yellowish mineral consisting chiefly of silica, glucina, manganese, and iron, with a little sulphur.
- One who, or that which, hovers.
- Nevertheless; yet, still; in spite of (that).
- To whatever degree or extent
- In whatever way or manner.
- definition how.
- In any case, at any rate, at all events.
- In whatever way or manner.
- Although, though, but, yet.
- A plane for shaving or dressing the concave or inside faces of barrel staves.
- To complain loudly, to give voice to one's censure or criticism
- To draw in or away; to entice, inveigle.
- A novel by Sir Walter Scott.
- The hero of this novel.
- A small city in Minnesota, USA
- The capital city of Udmurtia, Russia
- definition the hereditary monarch of Egypt from 1805-1914, nominally ruling as a viceroy of the Sultan of Turkey.
- Having the characteristics of a knave; mischievous, roguish, waggish, rascally or impertinent
- A dry sirocco of Spain.
- To misbehave or misconduct (oneself); do wrong.
- Any of the 613 commandments of Jewish law
- An act of kindness, a good deed.
- The commander of a fleet.
- nervous; anxious
- The ancient capital of Assyria.
- Approximately oval-shaped.
- To overtake; to catch up with.
- To leap over; skip over; omit.
- To hit too far or too hard.
- Excessively hot.
- Constantly complaining; fretful, whining.
- The ordinal form of the number seven.
- The person or thing in the seventh position.
- One of seven equal parts of a whole.
- A tone of the seventh degree from a given tone, the interval between two such tones, or the two tones sounding in unison.
- Of or relating to or his works
- Of or relating to the Shavian alphabet
- An of Shaw, or an of his ideas.
- A thin, shaved off slice of wood, metal, or other material.
- The action of having a shave.
- A Jewish holiday that occurs in the spring, a harvest festival, also commemorating the anniversary of the giving of the Ten Commandments to Moses and the Israelites at Mount Sinai.
- Made into a sheaf
- Of or pertaining to a shelving; having shelves.
- Given to shivering; tending to shiver.
- Easily broken; brittle.
- The act of one who shoves.
- To collapse inward; to crumble.
- To become wrinkled.
- To draw into wrinkles.
- in the manner of a slave; abject
- A large, state-owned farm in the Soviet Union.
- Third person singular simple present form of to thieve.
- One who thrives, or prospers.
- To heave or lift up; raise up or aloft.
- To lift or thrust something upward forcefully, or be similarly lifted or thrust upward.
- To be lifted up; rise.
- A tube for drawing liquors from a cask by the bunghole.
- Like a vamp (flirtatious woman).
- A type of paint with a solvent that evaporates to leave a hard, transparent, glossy film.
- Anything resembling such a paint; glossy appearance.
- A deceptively showy appearance.
- To apply varnish.
- To cover up with varnish.
- To gloss over a defect.
- name transferred from the surname.
- A city in Ontario, Canada.
- A conveyance; a device for carrying or transporting substances, objects or individuals.
- A medium for expression of talent or views.
- A liquid content (e.g. oil) which acts as a binding and drying agent in paint. (FM 55-501).
- The main excipient (such as an oil or gel) that conveys the active ingredient of a drug.
- An entity to achieve an end.
- A mode or method of spiritual practice; a yana.
- An animal or (rarely) a plant on which a Hindu deity rides or sits
- A guitar-like string instrument of 15th- and 16th-century Spain, usually with six courses or sets of strings (twelve strings in total).
- A guitar-like string instrument of 19th-century Mexico with five strings, typically played in mariachi bands.
- Elegant, fashionable or chic.
- The person who is vouched, or called into court to support or make good his warranty of title in the process of common recovery.
- A piece of paper that entitles the holder to a discount, or that can be exchanged for goods and services.
- A receipt.
- One who or that which vouches.
- To establish the authenticity of; to vouch for.
- To provide a vouch for (an expenditure).
- To provide (a beneficiary) with a voucher.
- definition who.
- Whatever person or persons.
- No matter who.
- definition why.
- For whatever reason.
- Having been reached, attained or accomplished.
- One who achieves; a winner.
- Carrying towards an organ or structure.
- Having been placed into an archive.
- One who, or that which, archives.
- a city in Alabama, USA, which is one of the two county seats of
- a neighbourhood in Kentucky, USA.
- a hamlet in New York, USA.
- a village in Ohio, USA.
- a small borough in Pennsylvania, USA.
- a community in south-western Manitoba, Canada.
- Necessary; advantageous.
- A terrain of thick scrubby trees and bush in dense thickets, with grassy groundcover between.
- Any of various fish, typically blind and lacking pigment, that inhabit subterranean waters.
- Any fish in the family
- The naturally-occurring allylphenol
- The second month of the civil year in the Jewish calendar.
- A rack or rest used in woodwork or glassworking.
- A person who embroidered hosiery
- Kid, as used to make leather.
- Pliable as kid leather; elastic, flexible, usually with reference to someone's conscience.
- Soft leather made of kid skin.
- Made of cheveril; pliant.
- form of (V-shaped ornament)
- Marked with a chevron or chevrons.
- Cavalry; horsemen armed for battle.
- The fact or condition of being a knight; knightly skill, prowess.
- The ethical code of the knight prevalent in Medieval Europe, having such primary virtues as mercy towards the poor and oppressed, humility, honour, sacrifice, fear of God, faithfulness, courage and utmost graciousness and courtesy to ladies.
- Courtesy, respect and honourable conduct between opponents in wartime.
- Courteous behaviour, especially that of men towards women.
- A tenure of lands by knightly service.
- The place where gods abide, the "dwelling of the gods", according to Theosophy.
- Resembling a devil.
- Characteristic of a devil.
- Extreme, excessive.
- To throw into disorder; upheave.
- To disarrange or loosen (hair, clothing, etc.).
- To discredit or contradict.
- The ordinal form of the number eleven.
- The person or thing in the eleventh position.
- One of eleven equal parts of a whole.
- The note eleven scale degrees from the root of a chord.
- In an elvish manner.
- The alderman or chief officer of an ancient guild.
- A transliteration of the Greek female given name
- however, by whatever means.
- In the state of having a fever, to have an elevated body temperature.
- Filled with excess energy.
- Of or pertaining to Havana, in Cuba.
- A native or inhabitant of Havana in Cuba.
- the Jewish ceremony that concludes the Sabbath or other Holy days
- Having little or nothing.
- Dues paid for using a harbour or port.
- A type of soldier in parts of India, later a specific military rank of the British Indian Army and of the modern armies of India and Pakistan, equivalent to sergeant.
- A person who causes havoc.
- an ancient Celtic country in central Europe
- Switzerland; the national personification of Switzerland
- Of or pertaining to the Helvetii, the ancient inhabitants of the Alps, now Switzerland, or to the modern states and inhabitant of the Alpine regions.
- A Gallic tribe that occupied the plain of Switzerland.
- Resembling a beehive
- Towards a hive.
- Towards a hive.
- A civil officer charged with the duty of impounding hogs running at large.
- One who assists in saving life and property from a wreck; a coast boatman.
- A fictional motor car that hovers a short distance above the ground.
- The act of one who hovers.
- Jehovist beliefs or principles generally.
- The writer of the passages of the Old Testament, especially those of the Pentateuch, in which the Supreme Being is styled Jehovah. See Elohist.
- One who maintains that the vowel points of the word Jehovah, in Hebrew, are the proper vowels of that word; opposed to adonist.
- A member of the Jehovah's Witnesses.
- Anyone who uses the word "Jehovah" as the name of God in worship.
- A town in southern Bulgaria.
- Relating to a khedive
- In a lavish manner, expending profusely.
- Not feeling well due to an upset digestive system; queasy.
- Nautical skill or experience.
- Resembling or characteristic of a novel.
- To shove harder or better than; outcompete by shoving
- To form an arch over something.
- To fish excessively.
- To fish in excess so as to substantially reduce over several years the supply of one or more species of fish in an area.
- To draw or haul over; overhaul.
- To overcome.
- To hang over (something).
- The volume that tips the balance between the demand and the supply toward demand lagging supply.
- That portion of the roof structure that extends beyond the exterior walls of a building.
- A fatty roll of pubis flab that hangs over one's genitals; a FUPA.
- Anything that overhangs or protrudes over its base, such as a wave immediately before breaking, or a protruding cliff or rock wall.
- A major repair, remake, renovation, or revision.
- The process after the fire appears extinguished in which the firefighters search the structure for signs of hot spots that may cause the structure to reignite. Often this includes the process of salvage under the blanket term, salvage and overhaul.
- To modernize, repair, renovate, or revise completely.
- To pass, overtake, or travel past.
- To keep (running rigging) clear, and see that no hitch occurs.
- located above, especially over the head
- kicked over one's own head
- The expense of a business not directly assigned to goods or services provided.
- The items or classes of expense not directly assigned to goods or services provided.
- Any cost or expenditure (monetary, time, effort or otherwise) incurred in a project or activity, which does not directly contribute to the progress or outcome of the project or activity.
- Wasted money.
- A smash.
- The ceiling of any enclosed space below decks in a vessel.
- The system of overhead wires used to power electric transport, such as streetcars, trains, or buses.
- Data or steps of computation that is only used to facilitate the computations in the system and is not directly related to the actual program code or data being processed.
- An overhead throw.
- Above one's head; in the sky.
- An overhead projector.
- A sheet of transparent material with an image used with an overhead projector; an overhead transparency.
- To hear something that wasn't meant for one's ears.
- To heat excessively
- To become excessively hot
- A condition of being overheated.
- To supply with too much help.
- Too high; excessively high.
- To overvalue; overestimate; hold or estimate at too dear a rate.
- To hold over; keep.
- The act or process of holding over.
- Excessive hope or anticipation; presumption.
- Hopefulness; sanguineness.
- To hope excessively; presume.
- To hope constantly.
- Covered over; ornamented with hangings.
- Suspended from above or from the top.
- To hunt (an animal, a piece of land, etc.) too much.
- To promote or publicize excessively.
- To physically tie additional wires or cables to those that are already attached to a utility pole, accommodating any additional strands of fiber or coaxial cable on existing pole attachments
- To drive on rashly; to go to excess.
- To exaggerate; to boast.
- Excessively lush.
- Very much; too much
- Too much; overly much
- Too much
- Excessively rash.
- Excessively rich.
- a waterproof shoe worn over an ordinary shoe during wet weather
- powered by water that flows over the top from above
- Having the upper teeth projecting beyond the lower, as in the jaws of some dogs.
- An overshot water wheel.
- To make too thin.
- Excessively thin.
- To wash too much or too often.
- To become flooded.
- The flow of water and sediment over the crest of a beach that does not directly return to the water body.
- To whip (cream, etc.) too much, so as to spoil the texture.
- Someone who is easily swayed or influenced to change his/her mind or comply.
- Someone who lets himself be picked or bullied on without defending or stand up for him/herself.
- delighted; ecstatic
- Having the appearance of having been ravished.
- To shelve again.
- To place back on a shelf.
- Carrying away from an organ or structure (towards the heart).
- In the Hindu epic Mahabharata, the fifth and last of the Pandava brothers; son of Madri and Pandu.
- A sect comprising the worshipers of the god Siva.
- objects or texts relating to
- of; those particles or pieces left after or created by shaving.
- sloping steeply
- Shelves collectively.
- The side-rails of a cart or waggon.
- The noisy banging of pots and pans as a mock serenade to a newly married couple, or similar occasion.
- Any loud cacophonous noise or hubbub.
- To serenade (a newly married couple) with the noisy banging of pots and pans.
- One who shivers.
- A mouse mutation characterised by tremors.
- One who, or that which, shovels.
- Any of four species of dabbling duck, in the genus Anas, with distinctive spatulate bills.
- Relating to a sheriff.
- The hearing of a confession of sins.
- The festivity of Shrovetide.
- Any member of the Therevidae.
- Any of a group of poisonous cardiac glycosides, obtained especially from the seeds of Thevetia nereifolia.
- The act of theft, the act of stealing.
- That which is stolen.
- That thieves; that steals.
- The action of theft.
- Having a tendency to steal.
- Having the manner of a thief; furtive.
- That thrives; successful; flourishing or prospering.
- The action of the verb to thrive.
- Comrade, especially with reference to the former USSR.
- Not fitted with a helve.
- not having shaved; not shaven; untrimmed.
- To remove from a shelf.
- To bring back something that was shelved, or put aside.
- The process of being heaved upward, especially the raising of part of the earth's crust.
- A sudden violent upset, disruption or convulsion.
- A soft cow's-milk cheese from France and Switzerland.
- A piece of strong steel wire with the ends curved and pointed, used on toe or quarter cracks to bind the edges together and prevent motion. It is clasped into two notches, one on each side of the crack, burned into the wall with a cautery iron.
- capricious; whimsical; vagarious
- To defeat, to overcome.
- Resembling or characteristic of varnish.
- A hole through which gas or air can escape.
- A white wine grape grown throughout Portugal, especially on the island of Madeira.
- A kind of Madeira wine made with this grape.
- A dry, or sweet apéritif wine flavored with aromatic herbs, and often used in mixed drinks.
- An aperitif wine that matches the general description of
- A charge taken on bets, as by a bookie or gambling establishment.
- The interest on a loan of money, especially for loans made by a usurer or loan shark.
- An amount owed on account of or payment of a bookie's charge or of interest.
- A disease of sheep, associated with granite soils.
- In the manner of a viper.
- spiteful; treacherous
- Any of the several South American rodents, native to the Andes, of the genera Lagidium and Lagostomus, within family Chinchillidae.
- Any member of an ancient East Germanic tribe, one branch of the Goths (the Ostrogoths being the other), which participated in several wars with Rome and established a kingdom with Toulouse for its capital.
- Of or pertaining to a vixen; resembling a vixen.
- A city in Russia.
- A river in Tambov, Lipetsk, and Voronezh oblasts in Russia, a left tributary of the Don.
- Of the nature of a vowel.
- Unexceptional or unimportant; blah.
- At all, absolutely, whatsoever.
- No matter what; for any
- Anything that.
- No matter what; for any
- Anything; sometimes used to indicate that the speaker does not care about options.
- At any time that.
- Every time that.
- At any time.
- definition where.
- In or to whatever place; anywhere.
- In all places; everywhere.
- Of whomever.
- Of whomever.
- To assure.
- To vouchsafe; deign.
- Achievements, emphasizing the process of accomplishing them.
- A species of anchovy, from the southern Pacific.
- A chief or reigning devil.
- A program, or part of a program, which is not invoked explicitly but lies dormant waiting for some event.
- One who is in charge of, or performs the task of creating, collecting, cataloguing, and organising, archives.
- An ornamental molding or band following the curve on the underside of an arch.
- a city in North Carolina, USA
- A large mass or body of snow and ice sliding swiftly down a mountain side, or falling down a precipice.
- A fall of earth, rocks, etc., similar to that of an avalanche of snow or ice.
- A sudden, great, or irresistible descent or influx of anything.
- Anything like an avalanche in suddenness and overwhelming quantity (like a barrage, blitz, etc).
- To descend like an avalanche.
- To come down upon; to overwhelm.
- To propel downward like an avalanche.
- A type of nominal compound in which the first part modifies the second and neither part alone conveys the intended meaning.
- usually applying to
- a city in the Zhitomir oblast of Ukraine
- The noisy banging of pots and pans as a mock serenade to a newly married couple, or similar occasion.
- Any loud, cacophonous noise or hubbub.
- An alkaloid found in Piper species such as black pepper; one of the four diastereomeric geometric isomers of piperine.
- An old Russian dry measure, approximately 26.24 litres.
Possible word length