Page 1 from 31
Total results: 31819
- a chemotherapy regimen used in the treatment of non-Hodgkin lymphoma, consisting of Cyclophosphamide, Hydroxydaunorubicin (also called doxorubicin or adriamycin), Oncovin (vincristine) and Prednisone or Prednisolone
- A clasp, especially a metal strap fastened by a padlock or a pin; also, a hook for fastening a door.
- A spindle to wind yarn, thread, or silk on.
- An instrument for cutting the surface of grassland; a scarifier.
- To shut or fasten with a hasp.
- The hip of the dog rose.
- A reptile or amphibian.
- Promotion or propaganda; especially exaggerated claims.
- To promote heavily; to advertise or build up.
- The eleventh letter of many Semitic alphabets/abjads (Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others).
- Any of various large, colourful, deep-bodied pelagic fish of the family Lamprididae.
- A large war canoe of the Society Islands.
- To throw (or be thrown) and break.
- To snog, to make out, to kiss.
- A passionate kiss.
- A romantic infatuation; a crush.
- The object of a romantic infatuation; a crush.
- Any obsession or passion.
- A crushing blow.
- A heavy fall of rain or snow.
- The head.
- To strike; to crush; to smash; to dash into pieces.
- A sibilant noise (e.g. "psshh") made by birders and ornithologists to attract small birds.
- To try to attract birds by making a sibilant noise (e.g. "psshh").
- To express contempt.
- Of poor quality; very bad.
- The soft, spongy substance in the center of the stems of many plants and trees.
- The spongy interior substance of a feather.
- The spinal cord; the marrow.
- The albedo of a citrus fruit.
- The essential or vital part.
- To extract the pith from (a plant stem or tree).
- To kill (especially cattle or laboratory animals) by cutting or piercing the spinal cord.
- A god of creativity and craftsmen, sometimes also identified with gods of death and the birth of the sun.
- To apply a force to (an object) such that it moves away from the person or thing applying the force.
- To continually attempt to persuade (a person) into a particular course of action.
- To press or urge forward; to drive.
- To continually promote (a point of view, a product for sale, etc.).
- To approach; to come close to.
- To tense the muscles in the abdomen in order to expel its contents.
- To continue to attempt to persuade a person into a particular course of action.
- To make a higher bid at an auction.
- To make an all-in bet.
- To move (a pawn) directly forward.
- To add (a data item) to the top of a stack.
- To publish (an update, etc.) by transmitting it to other computers.
- To thrust the points of the horns against; to gore.
- To burst out of its pot, as a bud or shoot.
- To strike the cue ball in such a way that it stays in contact with the cue and object ball at the same time (a foul shot)
- A short, directed application of force; an act of pushing.
- An act of tensing the muscles of the abdomen in order to expel its contents.
- A great effort (to do something).
- An attempt to persuade someone into a particular course of action.
- A marching or drill maneuver/manoeuvre performed by moving a formation (especially a company front) forward or toward the audience, usually to accompany a dramatic climax or crescendo in the music.
- A wager that results in no loss or gain for the bettor as a result of a tie or even score
- The addition of a data item to the top of a stack.
- The situation where a server sends data to a client without waiting for a request, as in server push, push technology.
- A crowd or throng or people
- A foul shot in which the cue ball is in contact with the cue and the object ball at the same time
- A pustule; a pimple.
- The nineteenth letter of many Semitic alphabets/abjads (Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others).
- An establishment that sells goods or services to the public; originally only a physical location, but now a virtual establishment as well.
- A place where things are manufactured or crafted; a workshop.
- A large garage where vehicle mechanics work.
- Workplace; office. Used mainly in expressions such as shop talk, closed shop and shop floor.
- A variety of classes taught in junior or senior high school that teach vocational skill.
- An establishment where a barber or beautician works.
- An act of shopping, especially routine shopping for food and other domestic supplies.
- Discussion of business or professional affairs.
- To visit stores or shops to browse or explore merchandise, especially with the intention of buying such merchandise.
- To purchase products from (a range or catalogue, etc.).
- To report the criminal activities or whereabouts of someone to an authority.
- Shorthand for photoshop; to digitally edit a picture or photograph.
- A blow; a hit; a variation of whop.
- the curlew.
- To strike hard and suddenly.
- To throw oneself quickly, or by an abrupt motion; to turn suddenly.
- To throw or move (something) quickly, usually with an impact.
- A blow or strike.
- In a heap; huddled together.
- The first letter of the Proto-Canaanite alphabet, and its descendants in descended Semitic scripts, such as Phoenician Aleph Aramaic Syriac Hebrew and Arabic
- Sapsucking pest insect of the superfamily Aphidoidea; an aphidian.
- Resembling or characteristic of an ape.
- Any of various medical remedies.
- An early Welsh bishop and saint
- Trade; traffic; chaffer; chaffering.
- A market; marketplace.
- A low price; a bargain.
- Cheapness; lowness of price; abundance of supply.
- Low and/or reduced in price.
- Of poor quality.
- Of little worth.
- Underhand or unfair.
- Ungenerous; stingy, mean (UK), tightfisted, excessively frugal.
- To trade; traffic; bargain; chaffer; ask the price of goods; cheapen goods.
- To bargain for; chaffer for; ask the price of; offer a price for; cheapen.
- To buy; purchase.
- To sell.
- Of a small bird, to make short, high-pitched sounds sounding like "cheep".
- To express in a chirping tone.
- A short, high-pitched sound made by a small bird.
- to gossip, particularly in a forthright manner
- to speak rudely or out of turn
- To review each image on a digital camera after it is taken.
- To get very excited when showing images on a digital camera.
- A short, sharp or high note or noise, as of a bird or insect.
- A pulse of signal whose frequency sweeps through a band of frequencies for the duration of the pulse.
- to make a short, sharp, cheerful note, as of small birds or crickets
- to speak in a high-pitched staccato
- To modify (a pulse of signal) so that it sweeps through a band of frequencies throughout its duration.
- The act of chomping
- To bite or chew loudly or heavily.
- To remove the final character from (a text string) if it is a newline (or, less commonly, some other programmer-specified character).
- Jaws, mouth.
- One's skill at musical interpretation and delivery (originally of jazz); musical performance ability.
- One's skill at any endeavor; ability, talent.
- The area where two tides meet and cause an irregular (choppy) sea.
- A pattern that involves carrying the object with the hand over the next object before throwing it.
- To talk, chat; also, to talk back, to be cheeky.
- An incompetent person, a blockhead; a loser.
- A gullible person; a sucker; someone easily taken advantage of; someone lacking common sense.
- The thick end, especially of a piece of wood or of a joint of meat.
- The vertical distance below a surface; the degree to which something is deep.
- The distance between the front and the back, as the depth of a drawer or closet.
- The intensity, complexity, strength, seriousness or importance of an emotion, situation, etc.
- The total palette of available colors.
- The property of appearing three-dimensional.
- The deepest part. (Usually of a body of water.)
- A very remote part.
- The most severe part.
- The number of simple elements which an abstract conception or notion includes; the comprehension or content.
- A pair of toothed wheels which work together.
- The perpendicular distance from the chord to the farthest point of an arched surface.
- The lower of the two ranks of a value in an ordered set of values.
- A former Hebrew unit of dry volume (about 23
- One of the five annually-elected senior magistrates in various Dorian states, especially in ancient Sparta, where they oversaw the actions of Spartan kings.
- A superintendent or curator.
- A particular period of history, especially one considered remarkable or noteworthy.
- A notable event which marks the beginning of such a period.
- A precise instant of time that is used as a reference point.
- A precise instant of time that is used as a reference point (e.g. January 1, 1970, 00:00:00 UTC).
- One complete presentation of the training data set to an iterative machine learning algorithm.
- To divide (data) into segments by time period.
- A figure carved in relief or incised, especially representing a sound, word, or idea.
- One of various figures used in Mayan writing.
- Any non-verbal symbol that imparts information.
- A visual representation of a letter, character, or symbol, in a specific font and style.
- A vertical groove.
- A rich goblet, especially one used on state occasions.
- by accident or luck
- A fabulous winged monster, ravenous and filthy, having the face of a woman and the body of a vulture.
- A shrewish woman.
- One who is rapacious or ravenous; an extortioner.
- The European moor buzzard or marsh harrier (Circus aeruginosus).
- A large and powerful double-crested, short-winged American eagle (Thrasaetus harpyia).
- Having lots of heaps or piles.
- Having prominent or in any other way unusual hips.
- A Ukrainian national dance in 2/4 time.
- A Chinese collector of customs (duties); an overseer of commerce.
- A Chinese tribunal or commission in charge of the revenue derived from trade and navigation.
- Having a taste of hops.
- Characterised by a hopping motion.
- Characterised by humps, uneven.
- Muscular; hunky.
- Hunched, bent over.
- Sulky; irritable.
- A hut or temporary shelter made from bark and tree branches, especially for Aborigines.
- Having been subject to propaganda and promotion; promoted beyond what is reasonable or appropriate.
- Any of the long, threadlike filaments that form the mycelium of a fungus.
- A son of Lehi.
- A city in Utah, USA
- The larva of certain insects.
- Any minor female deity associated with water, forests, grotto, etc.
- A young girl, especially one who is thought to inspire lustful feelings.
- Strength, power, passion or effectiveness; clout.
- Sex appeal.
- A bassy grunting or thudding sound.
- To produce a bassy grunting or thudding sound.
- A city or region mentioned in the Bible, modern scholars have been unable to determine where it was located. King Solomon is supposed to have received a cargo of gold, silver, sandalwood, precious stones, ivory, apes and peacocks from Ophir, every three years.
- A ghost town in Alaska.
- A town in Colorado.
- A town in Utah.
- A small, often mischievous sprite; a fairy; a goblin; an elf.
- To burn the surface of, to scorch.
- To roast, as dry grain.
- To dry to extremity; to shrivel with heat.
- To make thirsty.
- To boil something slowly (Still used in Lancashire in parched peas, a type of mushy peas).
- To become superficially burnt; be become sunburned.
- The condition of being parched.
- A city in central Scotland.
- The state capital of Western Australia.
- A small town in Tasmania.
- A town in New York.
- A hamlet in North Dakota.
- Any of several substructures of a more complex molecule.
- An apparition; a phantom.
- A genetically determined phenotype.
- A bearing representing the head of a dart or javelin, with long barbs which are engrailed on the inner edge.
- A glass vessel or bottle, especially a small bottle for medicines.
- To put or keep in, or as in, a phial.
- A local division of the people in ancient Athens; a clan; a tribe.
- A subdivision of the priestly caste in ancient Egypt; headed by a phylarch.
- A tubercle on any external part of the body.
- A gown or case of skin, or one trimmed or lined with fur.
- a covering put over an infant's diaper to prevent outer clothes from getting wet
- To squeeze a small amount of a person's skin and flesh, making it hurt.
- To squeeze between the thumb and forefinger.
- To squeeze between two objects.
- To steal, usually of something almost trivial or inconsequential.
- To arrest or capture.
- To cut shoots or buds of a plant in order to shape the plant, or to improve its yield.
- To sail so close-hauled that the sails begin to flutter.
- To take hold; to grip, as a dog does.
- To be niggardly or covetous.
- To seize; to grip; to bite; said of animals.
- To cramp; to straiten; to oppress; to starve.
- To move, as a railroad car, by prying the wheels with a pinch.
- To complain or find fault.
- The action of squeezing a small amount of a person's skin and flesh, making it hurt.
- A small amount of powder or granules, such that the amount could be held between fingertip and thumb tip.
- An awkward situation of some kind (especially money or social) which is difficult to escape.
- An organic herbal smoke additive.
- A magnetic compression of an electrically-conducting filament
- A sticky, gummy substance secreted by trees; sap.
- A dark, extremely viscous material remaining in still after distilling crude oil and tar.
- To cover or smear with pitch.
- To darken; to blacken; to obscure.
- A throw; a toss; a cast, as of something from the hand.
- The act of pitching a baseball.
- The field on which cricket, soccer, rugby or field hockey is played. (In cricket, the pitch is in the centre of the field; see cricket pitch.)
- An effort to sell or promote something.
- The distance between evenly spaced objects, e.g. the teeth of a saw or gear, the turns of a screw thread, the centres of holes, or letters in a monospace font.
- The angle at which an object sits.
- A level or degree, or a peak or highest degree.
- The rotation angle about the transverse axis.
- The degree to which a vehicle, especially a ship or aircraft, rotates on such an axis, tilting its bow or nose up or down. Compare with roll, yaw, and heave.
- A measure of the angle of attack of a propeller.
- The place where a busker performs.
- An area in a market (or similar) allocated to a particular trader.
- An area on a campsite intended for occupation by a single tent, caravan or similar.
- A point or peak; the extreme point of elevation or depression.
- A section of a climb or rock face; specifically, the climbing distance between belays or stances.
- A vertical cave passage, only negotiable by using rope or ladders.
- A person or animal's height.
- That point of the ground on which the ball pitches or lights when bowled.
- A descent; a fall; a thrusting down.
- The point where a declivity begins; hence, the declivity itself; a descending slope; the degree or rate of descent or slope; slant.
- The limit of ground set to a miner who receives a share of the ore taken out.
- To throw.
- To throw (the ball) toward a batter at home plate.
- To play baseball in the position of pitcher.
- To throw away; discard.
- To promote, advertise, or attempt to sell.
- To deliver in a certain tone or style, or with a certain audience in mind.
- To assemble or erect (a tent).
- To fix or place a tent or temporary habitation; to encamp.
- To move so that the front of an aircraft or ship goes alternatively up and down.
- To play a short, high, lofty shot that lands with backspin.
- To bounce on the playing surface.
- To settle and build up, without melting.
- To alight; to settle; to come to rest from flight.
- To fix one's choice.
- To plunge or fall; especially, to fall forward; to decline or slope.
- To set, face, or pave with rubble or undressed stones.
- To set or fix.
- To discard for some gain.
- The perceived frequency of a sound or note.
- In an a cappella group, the singer responsible for singing a note for the other members to tune themselves by.
- To produce a note of a given pitch.
- To fix or set the tone of.
- Concise and meaningful.
- Of, like, or abounding in pith.
- A small pool of standing water; a puddle.
- A splash, or the sound made by a splash.
- To splash.
- To cause a splash.
- To splash or sprinkle with colouring matter.
- The branch of a tree partly cut or bent, and bound to, or intertwined with, other branches.
- To cut partly, or to bend and intertwine the branches of.
- Very extravagant.
- Very expensive, or appearing expensive.
- Having a soft, fluffy exterior.
- A textile fabric with a nap or shag on one side, longer and softer than the nap of velvet.
- A plush toy.
- To cook something in simmering liquid.
- To be cooked in simmering liquid
- To become soft or muddy.
- To make soft or muddy.
- To stab; to pierce; to spear, as fish.
- To force, drive, or plunge into anything.
- To begin and not complete.
- To take game or fish illegally.
- To take anything illegally or unfairly.
- To cause an employee or customer to switch from a competing company to your own company.
- A dog.
- A dog of mixed breed; a mongrel.
- A bulge, an enlarged part
- A distended or swelled condition.
- To distend, to swell or extend beyond normal limits; usually used with
- A posh person.
- A food product made of cornmeal.
- To thrust.
- To trample.
- A type of rough opal without colour, and therefore not worth selling.
- form of (to cook in simmering water).
- A small bag usually closed with a drawstring.
- A pocket in which a marsupial carries its young.
- Any pocket or bag-shaped object, such as a cheek pouch.
- A protuberant belly; a paunch.
- A cyst or sac containing fluid.
- A silicle, or short pod, as of the shepherd's purse.
- A bulkhead in the hold of a vessel, to prevent grain etc. from shifting.
- To enclose within a pouch.
- To transport within a pouch, especially a diplomatic pouch.
- To swallow.
- To pout.
- To pocket; to put up with.
- A flat-bottomed boat.
- To express disgust or contempt.
- Aggressively ambitious; overly assertive, bold or determined.
- A ridge or seam on an organ, bodily tissue, or other structure, especially at the join between two halves or sections.
- A blue star in the constellation Orion; Kappa (κ) Orionis.
- A woolly ruminant of the genus Ovis.
- A timid, shy person who is easily led by others.
- A place baited with chaff to entice birds.
- An Ottoman (Turkish empire) cavalryman, especially as recruited under a land-based system.
- A soldier in a mainly Arab-recruited cavalry (originally horse, later light armored) regiment in French colonial service in (former/ in name still) Ottoman North African provinces
- Staphylococcus bacteria and its infection.
- A dunce; a blockhead.
- An invisible being of the air
- The elemental being of air, usually female.
- A slender woman or girl, usually graceful and sometimes with the implication of sublime station over everyday people.
- Any of the mainly dark green and blue hummingbirds (genus Aglaiocercus), the male of which has a long forked tail.
- A blow that produces a muffled sound.
- The sound of such a blow; a thud.
- To hit (someone or something) as if to make a thump.
- To cause to make a thumping sound.
- To thud or pound.
- To throb with a muffled rhythmic sound.
- Ill luck; misfortune.
- The cause of her unhap. — Sir P. Sidney.
- Not hip; uncool, unfashionable.
- A small village in Hampshire, England.
- A city/town in North Dakota.
- A town in Wisconsin.
- a wooden pole used as scaffolding
- A fine sand from the banks of the Trent, used as a polishing powder.
- A young offspring of a canid (ursid, felid, pinniped), especially of a dog or a wolf, the young of a bear or similar mammal (lion, tiger, seal); a pup, wolf cub.
- An insolent youth; a mere child.
- A kind of ship.
- One of several wooden strips to prevent wear on a windlass on a clipper-era ship.
- A tooth on a sprocket wheel (compare sprocket and cog).
- To give birth.
- An exclamation, a cry, usually of joy.
- A gasp, characteristic of whooping cough.
- A bump on a racetrack.
- A bird, the hoopoe.
- To make a whoop.
- To shout, to yell.
- To cough or breathe with a sonorous inspiration, as in whooping cough.
- To insult with shouts; to chase with derision.
- To beat, to strike.
- To defeat thoroughly.
- A thumping sound.
- To strike something with a whump.
- A crystalline derivative of salicylic acid, used as an antiseptic and antirheumatic.
- A non-contagious form of leprosy
- a null mutation.
- a mutation that causes a complete loss of gene function.
- One of a pair of chemosensory sense organs positioned laterally on the head of a nematode
- Complete lack of emotion or motivation about a person, activity, or object; depression; lack of interest or enthusiasm; disinterest.
- The planet that has the most influence on a person's life.
- candidiasis, oral thrush, thrush
- An oral ulcer, disregarding the cause.
- foot-and-mouth disease
- Pertaining to, or like, an asp.
- To confound; to terrify; to amaze.
- To help (with); give aid or assistance to.
- Help; aid; assistance.
- State capital of Madhya Pradesh (India).
- Any member of the Cephidae.
- A collection of Cham polities in what is now Vietnam from the 2nd century through 1832.
- Furnished with a chape or chapes.
- A chap; a fellow.
- Full of chaps; cleft; gaping; open.
- Chapped, dry.
- Inexpensive and of poor quality.
- A person who is stingy, a cheapskate.
- A primitive trap, often set in the hope of swindling a win or draw from a losing position.
- A fish-and-chip shop.
- A carpenter.
- The youngest member of a team or group, normally someone whose voice has not yet deepened, talking like a chipmunk.
- A potato chip.
- A prostitute or promiscuous woman.
- A chiptune.
- A chipping sparrow.
- Ill-tempered, disagreeable.
- Involving violence or unfair play.
- Tending to form chips when cut, rather than larger, more usable pieces of wood.
- In a good mood; happy and energetic.
- Making chirping noises.
- An electronic device which uses a piezoelectric transducer to make chirping noise, often designed to be hidden and function as an annoyance
- Specifically, a version of the above designed to be thrown for placement. Similar to a throwie.
- Having many small, rough waves.
- Discontinuous, intermittent.
- Short and fat, particularly in comparison with something of more favourable dimensions.
- Blockheaded; dim-witted.
- Like a chump; annoying.
- A numeric character.
- Any text character.
- A combination or interweaving of letters, as the initials of a name; a device; a monogram.
- A method of transforming a text in order to conceal its meaning.
- A cryptographic system using an algorithm that converts letters or sequences of bits into ciphertext.
- Ciphertext; a message concealed via a cipher.
- A grouping of three digits in a number, especially when delimited by commas or periods:
- A design of interlacing initials: a decorative design consisting of a set of interlaced initials.
- A fault in an organ valve which causes a pipe to sound continuously without the key having been pressed.
- A hip-hop jam session.
- The path (usually circular) shared cannabis takes through a group, an occasion of cannabis smoking.
- Someone or something of no importance.
- To calculate.
- Any plant of the genus
- A city of ancient Greece, the site of the Delphic oracle
- A city in Indiana, USA
- A programming language based on PASCAL.
- A method for obtaining consensus from a group of experts; see Delphi method in Wikipedia.
- The deepest part. (Usually of a body of water.)
- A very remote part.
- The lowest point, all-time low, nadir.
- The most severe or involved period.
- The governor or prefect of a province.
- The ruler of an eparchy.
- The metropolitan bishop of a province or eparchy.
- An immature medusoid stage of a scyphozoan jellyfish once it breaks off from its segmenting polyp.
- A native or inhabitant of Ethiopia.
- Any black-skinned person.
- a rumour, or an erroneous or improbable story.
- A large basket, usually with a cover, used for the packing and carrying of articles or small animals; as,
- To put into a hamper.
- To put a hamper or fetter on; to shackle; to ensnare; to inveigle; hence, to impede in motion or progress; to embarrass; to encumber.
- A shackle; a fetter; anything which impedes.
- Articles ordinarily indispensable, but in the way at certain times.
- Wrapped; covered; cloaked.
- Any small molecule that can elicit an immune response only when attached to a large carrier such as a protein.
- Of or relating to the sense of touch; tactile.
- Of or relating to
- A complex organ (having hooks and suckers) in some parasitic worms
- A large and valuable food fish, in the family Serranidae of New Zealand. It sometimes weighs one hundred pounds or more.
- A long straight pin, often with a decorative head, used to secure a woman's hat to her hair.
- A traditional Hawaiian dessert based on coconut milk and starch, somewhat resembling blancmange.
- A canvas covering for a haycock.
- In a heap.
- Containing a heap.
- One who heaps, piles, or amasses.
- One who helps; an aide.
- A person who does cleaning and cooking in a family home, or in a market.
- Aiding; assisting; ready to help; helpful.
- Made of hemp
- Related to hempen ropes, i.e., to hanging as capital punishment.
- neat; fit; comfortable
- A young salmon; a parr.
- a group of seven things
- Any of many isomeric univalent hydrocarbon radicals, C7H15, formally derived from heptane by the loss of a hydrogen atom.
- Hesperus, the evening star
- A spasm of the diaphragm, or the resulting sound.
- Any spasm or sudden change.
- A minor setback.
- To have the hiccups.
- Having hips or a feature resembling hips.
- Aware, informed.
- Relating to horses.
- pupillary athetosis; spasmodic dilation and contraction of the pupil between the sphincter and dilator muscles.
- to walk with a limp, to drag a limb, to walk lamely; to move with a gait somewhere between walking and crawling.
- Covered in short, stiff hairs; bristly.
- Containing hoops
- a bustling to-do, excited speech or noise, usually loud
- a carnival game in which the player attempts to throw hoops around pegs
- A city/town in North Dakota.
- An Old World bird, Upupa epops, known for its distinctive plumage, fanlike crest, and slender bill.
- Filled with or inspiring hope.
- Impregnated with hops.
- A handbasket.
- A dish used by miners to measure ore.
- An infant in arms.
- A traditional blouse worn by the women of various indigenous peoples of Central America including the Maya and Zapotec, or the textile from which such a garment is made.
- Having a hump or humps.
- Of or pertaining to hyphae.
- The symbol "‐", typically used to join two or more words to form a compound term, or to indicate that a word has been split at the end of a line.
- Something that links two more consequential things.
- To separate or punctuate with a hyphen; to hyphenate.
- That induces sleep
- Affected with hypochondria.
- Any of several aromatic bushy herbs, of the genus Hyssopus, native to Southern Europe and once used medicinally
- Any of several similar plants
- The sage brush
- A plant used used for sprinkling of blood or water in purification rituals and at Passover,
- The state capital of Manipur (India).
- African sugar cane (Sorghum bicolor, syn.
- mischievous; of or befitting an imp.
- To confine or enclose as with a hoop or hoops; coop up.
- An anti-Ottoman insurgent living in the mountains when Greece was a part of the Ottoman Empire.
- one of a semi-legendary, semi-historical race of Thessaly
- An ethnic group, the aboriginal people of Sikkim, who live in India, Nepal, Bhutan, and Tibet.
- Their language, a Himalayish language in the Sino-Tibetan family, spoken by about 30000-50000 people.
- The abugida script, also known as Róng, used only to write that language.
- Containing or resembling lymph.
- maybe, perhaps, possibly, perchance:
- An accident, mistake, or problem.
- Evil accident; ill luck; misfortune; mischance.
- To happen through misfortune; to mishappen.
- Given to moping.
- A nymph.
- Each of the labia minora.
- Each of a pair of processes in certain bivalves, to which the ends of the external ligament are attached.
- A nymphomaniac.
- To become obsessed about sex.
- The doctrines and rites of the Ophites.
- A person, especially a minor, both or (rarely) one of whose parents have died.
- A person, especially a minor, whose parents have permanently abandoned them.
- A young animal with no mother.
- Anything that is unsupported, as by its source, provider or caretaker, by reason of the supporter's demise or decision to abandon.
- A single line of type, beginning a paragraph, at the bottom of a column or page.
- Any unreferenced object.
- Deprived of parents (also
- Remaining after the removal of some form of support.
- To deprive of parents
- To make unavailable, as by removing the last remaining pointer or reference to.
- Of or pertaining to Orphism.
- Having an import not apparent to the senses nor obvious to the intelligence; beyond ordinary understanding.
- A belief or doctrine, ism
- The fragrant roots of Saussurea costus, used as incense.
- State in western Malaysia which has Kuantan as its capital.
- In South Asia, someone from the hills, a hill-man; specifically a member of any of various peoples living in the Himalayan regions of India and Nepal.
- Any of various Indo-European languages spoken by the Paharis, including Nepali; this group of languages or dialects considered as a whole.
- Pertaining to the Paharis or a Pahari language.
- A large South African antelope (Aepyceros melampus). The male has long lyrate and annulated horns.
- A city in Cyprus, known in antiquity as the birthplace of Aphrodite.
- Roman Catholic.
- A Roman Catholic.
- A flourish made after or below one's signature, originally to prevent forgery.
- To add a paraph to; to sign, especially with one's initials.
- An outcast.
- A demographic group, species, or community that is generally despised.
- Someone in exile.
- A member of one of the oppressed social castes in India.
- A person who is rejected (from society or home).
- The native Indo-Iranian language of the Pashtun people; an official language of Afghanistan.
- Full of, or covered with, patches; abounding in patches.
- Not constant or continuous; intermittent or uneven.
- In India and Pakistan, a Pashtun; a member of the Pashto-speaking people of north-west Pakistan and south-east Afghanistan.
- Provided with a path.
- The first stomach of a ruminant, the rumen.
- The belly of a human, especially a large, fat protruding one.
- A paunch mat.
- The thickened rim of a bell, struck by the clapper.
- To remove the internal organs of a ruminant, prior to eating.
- Resembling a peach, peach-like.
- Very good, excellent.
- form of (unit of measurement)
- The Chinese cabbage; either napa cabbage or bok choy.
- Tired, out of breath, worn out.
- One of the Charites and a consort of Hermes.
- To pass away; to come to naught; to waste away; to decay and disappear.
- To die; to cease to live.
- To cause to perish.
- The Jewish festival of Passover.
- Originally, a chief minister under the Marathi princes; later, (the title of) each of the rulers of the Marathi kingdom in central India from 1713–1818.
- A town, sometimes fortified, outside a fort.
- Organized or structured chronologically in phases
- An electronic device that produces special effects on the sound produced by an electric guitar etc.
- Fictional energy weapon, with multiple settings for degree of intensity, from the television series Star Trek (1966–69). New Words
- To shoot with a phaser weapon.
- Of or relating to phase
- Describing the discontinuous activity of excitable cells or tissues
- A representation of a complex number in terms of a complex exponential.
- A plotted line whose length and angle represent the amplitude and phase, respectively, of a sinusoidally varying quantity such as an alternating current.
- Pertaining to words used to convey any kind of social relationship e.g polite mood, rather than meaning; for example, "How are you?" is often not a literal question but is said only as a greeting. (Similarly, a response such as "Fine" is often not an accurate answer, but merely an acknowledgement of the greeting.)
- Gamma Ursae Majoris, a star in the constellation of Ursa Major.
- A diminutive of the female given name Euphemia.
- Of, relating to, derived from, or resembling, phenyl or phenol.
- Someone or something that is phenomenal, especially a young player in sports like baseball, American football, basketball, tennis, and golf.
- One who is hip and fashionable.
- An Ancient Greek libation bowl.
- An enclosed or arcaded fountain.
- One of the twelve disciples of Jesus in the Bible; one of the seven deacons.
- a small city in South Dakota, USA, which is the county seat of
- One of the four humors making up the body in ancient and mediaeval medicine; said to be cold and moist, and often identified with mucus.
- Viscid mucus produced by the body, later especially mucus expelled from the bronchial passages by coughing.
- A watery distillation, especially one obtained from plant matter; an aqueous solution.
- Calmness of temperament, composure; also seen negatively, sluggishness, indifference.
- Pertaining to seals; phocine.
- Any member of the family Phocidae, the true seals.
- Any species of the genus Pholas of marine bivalve mollusks.
- Of or relating to the voice.
- form of, chiefly British.
- The quantum of acoustic or vibrational energy (sound), considered a discrete particle rather than a wave.
- A unit of phonemics.
- Any fly of the family Phoridae.
- Affected, or caused by, the presence of phosphorus.
- Of, related to, or irradiated by light; especially describing that part of the near-surface ocean is which photosynthesis is possible.
- A photographer, especially a professional one.
- Phuket Province, a province in the southern of Thailand
- The island where Phuket Province located
- A city on the island of Phuket
- A rank in the classification of organisms, below kingdom and above class; also called a division, especially in describing plants; a taxon at that rank
- A large division of possibly related languages, or a major language family which is not subordinate to another.
- Relating to or concerning existent materials; physical.
- A medicine or drug, especially a cathartic or purgative.
- The art or profession of healing disease; medicine.
- A physician.
- To cure or heal; to treat or administer medicine, especially to purge.
- nature, as contrasted with law or custom
- The epiphyseal plate, a hyaline cartilage plate in the metaphysis at each end of a long bone, found in children and adolescents.
- Relating to phytic acid or its derivatives
- The diterpenoid alcohol (2E,7R,11R)-3,7,11,15-tetramethyl-2-hexadecen-1-ol, derived from chlorophyll.
- One of the parts which by their repetition make up a flowering plant, each being a single joint of a stem with its leaf or leaves.
- The univalent radical derived from phytol
- A Brazilian armadillo (Dasypus minutus); the little armadillo.
- The name of a mountain in the Bible. Usually refers to biblical Mount Pisgah or Mount Nebo.
- Of, pertaining to, or resembling pitch.
- Very dark black; pitch-black.
- Off pitch; out of tune.
- A large ceramic jar used by certain ancient civilizations that bordered the Mediterranean.
- A plank.
- To make or cover with planks or boards.
- Watery, wet, waterlogged.
- Marked by flecks of colour, as if plashed with paint.
- To unite by interweaving, as branches of trees; to plash; to interlock.
- A tool combining features of pliers and wrench, for use in microgravity.
- A dire or unfortunate situation.
- A (neutral) condition or state.
- Good health.
- Responsibility for ensuing consequences; risk; danger; peril.
- An instance of danger or peril; a dangerous moment or situation.
- Blame; culpability; fault; wrong-doing; sin; crime.
- One's office; duty; charge.
- That which is exposed to risk; that which is plighted or pledged; security; a gage; a pledge.
- To expose to risk; to pledge.
- Specifically, to pledge (one's troth etc.) as part of a marriage ceremony.
- To promise (oneself) to someone, or to do something.
- To weave; to braid; to fold; to plait.
- A network; a plait; a fold; rarely a garment.
- A block or slab upon which a column, pedestal, statue or other structure is based.
- The bottom course of stones or bricks supporting a wall.
- A base or pedestal beneath a cabinet.
- Like plush; soft and shaggy.
- Plush; sumptuous.
- Wet and soft; easily penetrated by the feet of cattle; said of land.
- A style of painting, popular in England in the 19th century, in which a thick opaque colour is applied, with no background and minimal shading, to thin paper, producing flowers, birds, etc., in imitation of Oriental work.
- of or pertaining to Roman Catholicism
- acting like, or holding beliefs similar to, the pope.
- A commotion, a tempest.
- To make a bustle or stir; to be fussy.
- Resembling a pouch; baggy
- name commonly used in India.
- A sharp-pointed instrument.
- An eelspear.
- pique; offence
- To pierce or make holes in.
- A bronze coin, equivalent to the Roman quadrans, used in ancient Palestine.
- An aluminium coin, worth one thousandth of a pound, used in Israel until 1960.
- Resembling vomit, especially in color.
- Nauseated, queasy.
- Having a punch; effective; forceful; spirited; vigorous.
- Behaving or appearing punch drunk.
- Being over-reactive to routine events.
- A term used by Nordic skiers (especially skate skiers) to describe groomed snow that does not support the weight of a skier, especially when the skier’s weight is all on one ski, resulting in a ski punching through the surface of the snow.
- short and thick; fat; paunchy
- To cause to suffer for crime or misconduct, to administer disciplinary action.
- To cause great harm to
- A type of large fan, common on the Indian subcontinent, especially made from a leaf or from cloth, typically hung from the ceiling, designed to cool a room, often operated manually by a servant.
- A curtain, especially as used to conceal and divide women from men and strangers in some Hindu or Muslim traditions.
- A striped cotton cloth which is used to make curtains.
- The state or system of social gender seclusion in some Muslim or Hindu communities.
- A long veil, or other all-enveloping clothing, worn by women in some Muslim societies.
- Secrecy, isolation.
- Someone or something that pushes.
- A girl or woman.
- An illegal drug dealer.
- An aircraft with the propeller behind the fuselage.
- A priestess of Pythian Apollo, the Oracle of Delphi
- To hoop again or anew.
- To ship something again.
- To engage oneself again for service on board a vessel after having been discharged.
Possible word length