Page 1 from 40
Total results: 40668
- Occurring at a relatively large but unspecified position in a series.
- The item at position n in a sequence.
- The item in a relatively large but unspecified position in a series.
- A cross shaped like a T with a loop at the top, the Egyptian hieroglyph representing the Egyptian triliteral and often used as an amulet or charm for this concept.
- A tau cross.
- An afro-centric symbol of spiritualism, esp. as it relates to Kemetic spiritualism.
- To take hold of; to grasp, hold.
- Made or crafted by cutting, whittling down.
- Having been cut or mown down.
- Located at the rear (most often said of animals' body parts).
- A female deer, especially a red deer at least two years old.
- A spotted food fish of the genus Epinephelus.
- A servant, especially an agricultural labourer.
- A clue.
- A tacit suggestion that avoids a direct statement.
- A small, barely detectable amount of.
- Information in a computer-based font that suggests how the outlines of the font's glyphs should be distorted in order to produce, at specific sizes, a visually appealing pixel-based rendering. Also known as hinting.
- An opportunity; occasion; fit time.
- To suggest tacitly without a direct statement; to provide a clue.
- To bring to mind by a slight mention or remote allusion; to suggest in an indirect manner.
- To develop and add hints to a font.
- A large or dense piece of something.
- A sexually attractive boy or man, especially one who is muscular.
- A record of differences between almost contiguous portions of two files (or other sources of information). Differences that are widely separated by areas which are identical in both files would not be part of a single hunk. Differences that are separated by small regions which are identical in both files may comprise a single hunk. Patches are made up of hunks.
- A honyock.
- The monetary unit of South Korea from February 15, 1953 to June 9, 1962.
- A song of praise or worship.
- To sing (a hymn).
- To praise or extol in hymns.
- A unit of length equal to one twelfth of a foot, or exactly 2.54 centimetres.
- The amount of water which would cover a surface to the depth of an inch, used as a measurement of rainfall.
- The amount of an alcoholic beverage which would fill a glass or bottle to the depth of an inch.
- A very short distance.
- To advance very slowly, or by a small amount (in a particular direction).
- To drive by inches, or small degrees.
- To deal out by inches; to give sparingly.
- A small island
- nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) carrying two electrons and bonded with a hydrogen (H) ion; the reduced form of NAD.
- Soft; tender; sensitive; yielding.
- Delicate; weak; poor-spirited; susceptible to cold weather, harsh conditions etc.
- Soft; friable; crumbly.
- To make soft, tender, or weak.
- To act timidly.
- A figure in Abrahamic religions, believed to have built an ark to save his family and members of each species of animal from the Great Flood.
- The 71st sura (chapter) of the Qur'an.
- of; shark.
- Food; a light meal or snack.
- To eat a snack or light meal.
- To perform fellatio (on); to blow.
- At an earlier and less prosperous time.
- At what time.
- At such time as.
- Since; given the fact that.
- What time; which time
- The time at which something happens.
- Gorse; furze.
- The plant woad-waxen (Genista tinctoria).
- Nigh; near; close by (to).
- Nigh; near.
- A general strike, shutdown, or other form of protest used in South Asia in which a substantial portion of the population stays home and does not report to work.
- Any of various herbs and plants of the genera Limonium, Centaurea, Silene, etc.
- Cannabis, especially as used in the Indian subcontinent.
- A group of a number of similar things, either growing together, or in a cluster or clump, usually fastened together.
- The peloton; the main group of riders formed during a race.
- An informal body of friends.
- A considerable amount.
- An unmentioned amount; a number.
- A group of logs tied together for skidding.
- An unusual concentration of ore in a lode or a small, discontinuous occurrence or patch of ore in the wallrock.
- The reserve yarn on the filling bobbin to allow continuous weaving between the time of indication from the midget feeler until a new bobbin is put in the shuttle.
- An unfinished cigar, before the wrapper leaf is added.
- A protuberance; a hunch; a knob or lump; a hump.
- To gather into a bunch.
- To gather fabric into folds.
- To form a bunch.
- To be gathered together in folds
- To protrude or swell
- The large spiral shell of several species of sea conch, much used in making bangles, especially
- To eat noisily; to champ or chomp
- To sing, especially without instruments, and as applied to monophonic and pre-modern music.
- To sing or intone sacred text.
- To utter or repeat in a strongly rhythmical manner, especially as a group.
- Type of singing done generally without instruments and harmony.
- A short and simple melody, divided into two parts by double bars, to which unmetrical psalms, etc., are sung or recited. It is the most ancient form of choral music.
- Twang; manner of speaking; a canting tone.
- A repetitive song, typically an incantation or part of a ritual.
- A part of something that has been separated.
- A representative portion of a substance, often large and irregular.
- A discrete segment of a file, stream, etc. (especially one that represents audiovisual media); a block.
- A segment of a comedian's performance
- To break into large pieces or chunks.
- To break down (language, etc.) into conceptual chunks of manageable size.
- To throw.
- To agitate rapidly and repetitively, or to stir with a rowing or rocking motion; generally applies to liquids, notably cream.
- To produce excessive and sometimes undesirable or unproductive activity or motion.
- To move rapidly and repetitively with a rocking motion; to tumble, mix or shake.
- (in a booking system) to repeatedly cancel and rebook a reservation in order to refresh ticket time limits or other fare rule restrictions.
- A vessel used for churning.
- The time when a consumer switches his/her service provider.
- The mass of people who are ready to switch carriers, expressed by the formula Customer Quits/Customer base.
- Cyclic activity that achieves nothing.
- A simple saddle girth used in Mexico.
- Something that is very easy to do.
- A firm hold.
- To bring to certain conclusion.
- To tighten down.
- A variety of auction pitch in which a draw to improve the hand is added, and the five of trumps (called "right Pedro") and the five of the same colour (called "left Pedro", and ranking between the five and the four of trumps) are each worth five. Fifty-one points make a game.
- In the game of cinch, to protect (a trick) by playing a higher trump than the five.
- A marine gastropod of the family Strombidae which lives in its own spiral shell.
- The shell of this sea animal.
- A musical instrument made from a large spiral seashell.
- A machine (rather like a rotating pestle and mortar) used to develop the flavour and texture of chocolate by warming and grinding; a concher or concher machine.
- To refine the flavour and texture of chocolate by warming and grinding, either in a traditional concher, or between rollers.
- To play a conch seashell as a musical instrument, by blowing through a hole made close to the origin of the spiral.
- A handcrafted sailboat with a motor or lateen sails, resembling a dhow, that is used in the Maldives.
- A daughter of Jacob and Leah.
- name of biblical origin. Alternative form of Dina.
- To drop from a high place upon sharp stakes or hooks as a punishment.
- Capital city of the province of East Flanders, Belgium.
- To grind (one's teeth) in pain or in anger.
- To grind between the teeth.
- To run away
- A rich goblet, especially one used on state occasions.
- To inhabit, or visit frequently (most often used in reference to ghosts).
- To make uneasy, restless.
- To stalk, to follow
- To live habitually; to stay, to remain.
- To accustom; habituate; make accustomed to.
- To practise; to devote oneself to.
- To persist in staying or visiting.
- A place at which one is regularly found; a hangout.
- A ghost.
- A feeding place for animals.Oxford English Dictionary, second edition (1989)
- of English-speakers.
- A surname of German-speakers, notably of Heinrich Heine, a German poet
- A five and a seven as starting cards in Texas hold 'em
- The narrow side of chimney stack, a haunch.
- The side of an arch from the topmost part (crown) to the bottommost part (impost).
- To be a henchman or henchwoman, usually for a supervillain.
- Big, strong, and muscular.
- The hybrid offspring of a stallion (male horse) and a she-ass (female donkey).
- To whinny
- A term of endearment usually for women.
- A seductive woman; a courtesan.
- A hypothetical grouping of a dozen small language families spoken in California, Arizona, and Mexico.
- Made sharp.
- Made more accurate or precise.
- A Caucasian person.
- A factory hand or general unskilled worker.
- Hard or bony, like an animal's horn.
- Having horns
- Sexually aroused.
- Sexually arousing.
- A dog, particularly a breed with a good sense of smell developed for hunting other animals. (hunt hound, hunting hound, hunting dog, hunter)
- Someone who seeks something.
- A male who constantly seeks the company of desirable women.
- A despicable person.
- A houndfish.
- Projections at the masthead, serving as a support for the trestletrees and top to rest on.
- A side bar used to strengthen portions of the running gear of a vehicle.
- To persistently harass.
- the "counties" of imperial, republican, and communist China.
- The part of the organic matter in soil that does not dissolve in dilute alkali
- A province of the People's Republic of China, located in the middle reaches of the Yangtze River and south of Lake Dongting.
- A hump; a protuberance.
- A stooped or curled posture; a slouch.
- A theory, idea, or guess; an intuitive impression that something will happen.
- A hunk; a lump; a thick piece.
- A push or thrust, as with the elbow.
- To slouch, stoop, curl, or lean.
- To push or jostle with the elbow; to push or thrust suddenly.
- To thrust out a hump or protuberance; to crook, as the back.
- To have a hunch, or make an intuitive guess.
- A crotchety or surly person; also, a stingy man, a miser.
- Exhibiting strong, masculine beauty.
- Shaped like a hunk, or piece; chunky.
- All right; in good condition.
- even; square; on equal footing with
- A person of Hungarian or Slavic, especially Ruthenian, descent.
- One of the aspects of the god Shiva.
- A minor prophet who was cast into the sea and swallowed by a whale.
- A book of the Old Testament and the Hebrew Tanakh.
- The 10th sura (chapter) of the Qur'an.
- A person who brings a ship bad luck.
- Any person or object which is deemed to cause bad luck; a jinx.
- A bin or enclosure in which fish or skins are salted.
- Any member of an aboriginal hunter-gatherer tribe of India, inhabiting the tributary states of Orissa and Srikakulam.
- An Eastern European Jewish, or Yiddish, snack food consisting of a dumpling covered with a shell of baked or fried dough
- A large bed of flints.
- To throw, as a lance; to let fly; to launch.
- A ledge, a terrace; a right-angled projection; a lynchet.
- An acclivity; a small hill or hillock.
- An obsolete unit of Hebrew currency, larger than a shekel.
- Military national service, conscription.
- A person doing military national service.
- Naturally; of course.
- The rump of beef, especially the lower and back part of the rump.
- A town in North Dakota.
- The cry of a horse.
- to make its cry
- to make a sound similar to a horses' cry
- To scoff or sneer.
- A son of Lehi.
- A city in Utah, USA
- The ordinal form of the number nine.
- The person or thing in the ninth position.
- One of nine equal parts of a whole.
- In no way; not at all; by no available means.
- name, a pseudo-Hebrew spelling of Nora, diminutive of Eleonora or Honora.
- A V-shaped cut.
- Such a cut, used for keeping a record
- An indentation.
- A mountain pass; a defile
- A level or degree.
- To cut a notch in (something).
- To record (a score or similar) by making notches on something.
- To join by means of notches.
- To achieve (something).
- The nape or back of the neck.
- A whiner, a noodge.
- To pester, to noodge.
- To whine.
- The larva of certain insects.
- Any minor female deity associated with water, forests, grotto, etc.
- A young girl, especially one who is thought to inspire lustful feelings.
- Any of several substructures of a more complex molecule.
- A genetically determined phenotype.
- A bearing representing the head of a dart or javelin, with long barbs which are engrailed on the inner edge.
- To squeeze a small amount of a person's skin and flesh, making it hurt.
- To squeeze between the thumb and forefinger.
- To squeeze between two objects.
- To steal, usually of something almost trivial or inconsequential.
- To arrest or capture.
- To cut shoots or buds of a plant in order to shape the plant, or to improve its yield.
- To sail so close-hauled that the sails begin to flutter.
- To take hold; to grip, as a dog does.
- To be niggardly or covetous.
- To seize; to grip; to bite; said of animals.
- To cramp; to straiten; to oppress; to starve.
- To move, as a railroad car, by prying the wheels with a pinch.
- To complain or find fault.
- The action of squeezing a small amount of a person's skin and flesh, making it hurt.
- A small amount of powder or granules, such that the amount could be held between fingertip and thumb tip.
- An awkward situation of some kind (especially money or social) which is difficult to escape.
- An organic herbal smoke additive.
- A magnetic compression of an electrically-conducting filament
- name of Scottish origin.
- an ancient dynasty in China
- The part of the leg between the knee and the ankle.
- Meat from that part of an animal.
- A redshank or greenshank, various species of Old World wading birds in the genus Tringa having distinctly colored legs.
- A straight, narrow part of an object, such as a key or an anchor; shaft; stem.
- The handle of a pair of shears, connecting the ride to the neck.
- The center part of a fishhook between the eye and the hook, the 'hook' being the curved part that bends toward the point.
- A protruding part of an object, by which it is or can be attached.
- The metal part on a curb bit that falls below the mouthpiece, which length controls the severity of the leverage action of the bit, and to which the reins of the bridle are attached.
- A poorly played golf shot in which the ball is struck by the part of the club head that connects to the shaft.
- An improvised stabbing weapon; a shiv.
- A loop forming an eye to a button.
- The space between two channels of the Doric triglyph.
- A large ladle for molten metal, fitted with long bars for handling it.
- The body of a type; between the shoulder and the foot.
- The part of the sole beneath the instep connecting the broader front part with the heel.
- Flat-nosed pliers, used by opticians for nipping off the edges of pieces of glass to make them round.
- The end or remainder, particularly of a period of time.
- The main part or beginning of a period of time.
- To travel on foot.
- To stab, especially with an improvised blade.
- To remove another's trousers, especially in jest; to depants.
- To hit or kick the ball in an unintended direction.
- To fall off, as a leaf, flower, or capsule, on account of disease affecting the supporting footstalk; usually followed by
- A drink, usually a pint.
- A shack or shanty.
- The dung or manure of cattle.
- name, popular in the US in the 1970s.
- name, transferred from the male name.
- To disgrace or put to shame.
- To blame.
- To destroy, to spoil.
- Reflecting light.
- Emitting light.
- Excellent; remarkable.
- Bright; luminous; clear; unclouded.
- Anything shiny; a trinket.
- Contraction of disparaging term "shiny arses", originating during World War Two, to describe a desk worker.
- To turn away or aside.
- To cause to move suddenly; to give a sudden start to; to shove.
- To move a train from one track to another, or to move carriages, etc. from one train to another.
- To divert electric current by providing an alternative path.
- To divert the flow of a body fluid using surgery.
- To move data in memory to a physical disk.
- To have a minor collision, especially in a motor car.
- To provide with a shunt.
- To divert to a less important place, position or state
- A switch on a railway
- A connection used as an alternative path between parts of an electric circuit
- A passage between body channels constructed surgically as a bypass
- A minor collision
- The shifting of the studs on a projectile from the deep to the shallow sides of the grooves in its discharge from a shunt gun.
- A Gujarati surname that was later adopted by Sikhs
- name used by Sikhs, often but not necessarily a middle name.
- A surname common among the Rajput clan from Rajasthan, India
- A surname common among the states of Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh in India
- A musical synthesizer.
- The ordinal form of the number ten.
- The person or thing in the tenth position.
- One of ten equal parts of a whole.
- The interval between any tone and the tone represented on the tenth degree of the staff above it, as between one of the scale and three of the octave above; the octave of the third.
- A temporary aid issuing out of personal property, and granted to the king by Parliament; formerly, the real tenth part of all the movables belonging to the subject.
- To ponder, to go over in one's head.
- To communicate to oneself in one's mind, to try to find a solution to a problem.
- To conceive of something or someone (usually followed by of; infrequently, by on).
- To be of the opinion (that).
- To guess; to reckon.
- To consider, judge, regard, or look upon (something) as.
- To plan; to be considering; to be of a mind (to do something).
- To presume; to venture.
- An act of thinking; consideration (of something).
- To seem, to appear.
- To strike against something, without breakage, making a "thunk" sound.
- A delayed computation.
- In the Scheme programming language, a function or procedure taking no arguments.
- A mapping of machine data from one system-specific form to another, usually for compatibility reasons, such as from 16-bit addresses to 32-bit to allow a 16-bit program to run on a 32-bit operating system.
- To delay (a computation).
- To map (machine data) from one system-specific form to another.
- A lancer, a soldier armed with a lance in a former light cavalry unit of the Polish, Prussian/German, Austrian, and Russian armies.
- Ill luck; misfortune.
- The cause of her unhap. — Sir P. Sidney.
- To take off the hat of; to remove one's hat, especially as a mark of respect.
- To remove a hex or curse from.
- Not hip; uncool, unfashionable.
- Not having been hit.
- A young woman, especially a servant.
- A promiscuous woman.
- A black woman; a negress.
- To frequent prostitutes; to womanize.
- attractive, good-looking
- A little; a small number.
- A quantity; a goodly number.
- a long-drawn, high-pitched complaining cry or sound
- a complaint or criticism
- To utter a high-pitched cry.
- To make a sound resembling such a cry.
- To complain or protest with a whine or as if with a whine.
- To move with a whining sound.
- To utter with the sound of a whine.
- A high-pitched ringing sound.
- To move with great force or speed.
- whining; tending to whine or complain.
- A sub-provincial city in central China; capital of Hubei Province.
- A small, dry, indehiscent fruit, containing a single seed, as in the buttercup.
- That aches; continuously painful.
- The feeling of an ache; a dull pain.
- A man's knee-length jacket worn in parts of India, Bangladesh and Pakistan.
- A painful constriction of the base of the fifth toe, frequently followed by autoamputation, occurring predominantly in black Africans and their descendants.
- A spiritual leader in Persia and parts of Central Asia.
- The third brightest star in the constellation of Gemini
- The author of anarchy; one who excites revolt.
- A tool used to moor a vessel to the bottom of a sea or river to resist movement.
- An iron device so shaped as to grip the bottom and hold a vessel at her berth by the chain or rope attached. (FM 55-501).
- The combined anchoring gear (anchor, rode, bill/peak and fittings such as bitts, cat, and windlass.)
- Representation of the nautical tool, used as a heraldic charge.
- Any instrument serving a purpose like that of a ship's anchor, such as an arrangement of timber to hold a dam fast; a device to hold the end of a bridge cable etc.; or a device used in metalworking to hold the core of a mould in place.
- A marked point in a document that can be the target of a hyperlink.
- An anchorman or anchorwoman.
- The final runner in a relay race.
- A point that is touched by the draw hand or string when the bow is fully drawn and ready to shoot.
- A superstore or other facility that serves as a focus to bring customers into an area.
- That which gives stability or security.
- A metal tie holding adjoining parts of a building together.
- Carved work, somewhat resembling an anchor or arrowhead; part of the ornaments of certain mouldings. It is seen in the echinus, or egg-and-anchor (called also egg-and-dart, egg-and-tongue) ornament.
- One of the anchor-shaped spicules of certain sponges.
- One of the calcareous spinules of certain holothurians, as in species of Synapta.
- To hold an object, especially a ship or a boat to a fixed point.
- To cast anchor; to come to anchor.
- To stop; to fix or rest.
- To provide emotional stability for a person in distress.
- To perform as an anchorman or anchorwoman.
- To be stuck; to be unable to move away from a position.
- A state in India between 1953 and 1956, formed from Madras Presidency. It was later merged with Telangana and formed Andhra Pradesh.
- A prefecture-level city in northeastern China.
- An ancient Elamite and later Achaemenid Persian city in modern-day Iran.
- The epithet of the Greek goddess Hera
- A choral or vocal composition, often with a religious or political lyric.
- A hymn of praise or loyalty.
- A very popular song or track.
- To celebrate with anthems.
- The pollen-bearing part of the stamen of a flower.
- In any way or manner whatever.
- In any case. Used to indicate that a statement explains or supports a previous statement.
- A chief magistrate of ancient Athens.
- A ruler, head of state or other leader.
- A supernatural being subordinate to the Demiurge.
- An obsolete Russian length unit, equal to 71.12 centimeters.
- A container for ashes, used in times past for accumulating ashes generated from wood and coal fires, for eventual disposal elsewhere. A dustbin.
- A kind of large firecracker.
- Of or pertaining to the Ashcan School of American art.
- Describing a comic book originally published solely to retain ownership of a trademark, not intended for general release; later used for promotional comic books intended for limited release to the public.
- shining; radiant
- An analytic procedure in which a sample is heated in a furnace to leave a residue of ash, either to determine the gross mineral content, or as a preparation for further analysis
- A common place name in England.
- derived from the place names.
- name transferred from the surname.
- A town in South Australia, Australia.
- A ghost town in California, US.
- A city in Idaho, US.
- A village in Illinois, US.
- A city/town in Iowa, US.
- A village in Nebraska, US.
- A city/town in South Dakota, US.
- The capital city of Greece.
- A city in Alabama, USA
- A city in Georgia, USA, consolidated with as Athens-Clarke County.
- A city in Illinois.
- An unincorporated community hamlet in Henry Township, Indiana, USA.
- A village in Louisiana.
- A town in Maine.
- A village in Michigan.
- A town and village in New York.
- A city in Ohio.
- A township in Ontario, Canada.
- A borough in Pennsylvania.
- A city in Tennessee
- A city in Texas
- A town in Vermont.
- A town in West Virginia.
- A village in Wisconsin.
- To send someone away and forbid that person from returning.
- To expel, especially from the mind.
- To hang round or about; depend; suspend; drape.
- To ornament; embellish.
- At the back of; positioned with something else in front of.
- To the back of.
- After, time- or motion-wise.
- responsible for
- In support of.
- Left a distance by, in progress or improvement; inferior to.
- At the back part; in the rear.
- Toward the back part or rear; backward.
- Overdue, in arrears.
- Slow; of a watch or clock.
- existing afterwards
- Backward in time or order of succession; past.
- Behind the scenes in a theatre; backstage.
- Not yet brought forward, produced, or exhibited to view; out of sight; remaining.
- the rear, back-end
- butt, the buttocks, bottom
- A one-point score.
- The catcher.
- In the Eton College field game, any of a group of players consisting of two "shorts" (who try to kick the ball over the bully) and a "long" (who defends the goal).
- To put horns on; cuckold.
- Draped; ornamented with something hanging.
- A type of Indian devotional song.
- An Aboriginal person.
- To shrink; start back; give way; flinch; turn aside or fly off.
- To quail.
- To deceive; cheat.
- To draw back from; shrink; avoid; elude; deny, as from fear.
- To hinder; obstruct; disconcert; foil.
- To fly off; to turn aside.
- A deceit; a trick.
- A sidelong glance.
- To blanch.
- An immigrant from Central Europe.
- A brawny or coarse person.
- A judge or lawgiver in ancient Celtic Ireland.
- an administrative district in Aberdeenshire, Scotland
- and (Clan Buchan). Of note is John Buchan, the author.
- Having, or growing in bunches.
- name transferred from the surname.
- collet, beazle (around a jewel, on a ring)
- An East Asian tea bowl.
- a city in Washington, USA.
- A river fish, the chub.
- The tree Platanus orientalis, the oriental plane.
- The bedbug (Cimex lectularius).
- According to Navajo beliefs, a harmful ghost that leaves a person's body when they die and may remain around their possessions.
- Pertaining to, or having, a chine, or backbone; used in composition.
- Broken in the back.
- Full of chinks, laden with small cracks or openings.
- Possessing attributes of, or similar to, a Chinese person or Chinese style or culture.
- A Chinese takeaway restaurant.
- A meal of Chinese food.
- A Chinese person.
- Having a prominent chin.
- Having a sensitive chin.
- Given to talk, talkative.
- An exercise performed by lying flat and then bringing the knees toward the chest while simultaneously raising the chest to meet the knees.
- An opaque white chalk marble with colored stripes.
- A chinchilla.
- The Chinese pink;
- To thrust oakum into (seams or chinks) with a chisel, the point of a knife, or a chinsing iron; to calk slightly.
- A painted or stained calico fabric, originally produced in India, and known for its brightly colored designs.
- The goddess of snow and winter winds. She is the daughter of Boreas, (the North Wind), and Oreithyia, (an Athenian princess whom he had abducted). Her siblings are Zetes, Calaides and Cleopatra, (the wife of Phineus).
- A nymph.
- A funnel or funnel-shaped opening; an infundibulum.
- An opening towards the back of the nasal cavity; the posterior nasal aperture.
- The fragrant flowers of (formerly used in China for perfuming tea.
- A type of plaster used in India, made from shell-lime and sand.
- To plaster or waterproof with chunam.
- Having chunks.
- Tight grip.
- A seal that is applied to formed thin-wall bushings.
- A local chapter of the parody religion.
- To squeeze; to grip or hold tightly.
- To move two parts of something against each other
- To clasp; to interlock.
- To make certain; to finalize.
- To fasten securely or permanently.
- To bend and hammer the point of (a nail) so it cannot be removed.
- To embrace passionately.
- To hold firmly; to clench.
- To set closely together; to close tightly.
- Any of several fastenings.
- The act or process of holding fast; that which serves to hold fast; a grip or grasp.
- A pun.
- A hitch or bend by which a rope is made fast to the ring of an anchor, or the breeching of a ship's gun to the ringbolts.
- A passionate embrace.
- In combat sports the act of one or both fighters holding onto the other to prevent being hit or engange (*??*) in standup grappling.
- A traditional building material mostly made of chalk or clay.
- form of (city in India)
- A species of palm, native to South America, that produces large nuts.
- To crush something, especially food, with a noisy crackling sound.
- To be crushed with a noisy crackling sound.
- To calculate or otherwise process (e.g. to crunch numbers: to perform mathematical calculations).
- To grind or press with violence and noise.
- To emit a grinding or crunching noise.
- To compress (data) using a particular algorithm, so that it can be restored by decrunching.
- A noisy crackling sound; the sound usually associated with crunching.
- A critical moment or event.
- A form of abdominal exercise, based on a sit-up but in which the lower back remains in contact with the floor.
- Ilex cassine, a holly native to the southeastern coast of North America.
- To remove the horns from.
- A large village in Buckinghamshire, England.
- A nonviolent sit-in protest.
- A fast undertaken at the door of an offender, especially a debtor.
- A type of profound meditation.
- A small open boat, propelled by oars or paddles, carried as a tender, lifeboat, or pleasure craft on a ship.
- An inflatable rubber life raft.
- To travel by dinghy.
- a city in Alabama, USA, and the county seat of Named after the biblical Dothan.
- A draught administered to an animal.
- A drink; a draught; specifically, a potion of medicine poured or forced down the throat; also, a potion that causes purging.
- To soak, to make very wet.
- To cause to drink; especially, to dose (e.g. a horse) with medicine by force.
- A military vassal, mentioned in the Domesday Book.
- That part of an argument on which its conclusiveness depends; that which convinces or refutes an antagonist; a refutation.
- A specious argument; a sophism.
- To convert a financial instrument or funding source into cash.
- to surround something with a halo
- To mesh; to tangle or interweave in such a manner as not to be easily separated, particularly in a mesh or net like manner.
- To involve in such complications as to render extrication difficult
- To involve in difficulties.
- Sufficient; all that is required, needed, or appropriate.
- Fully; quite; used to express slight augmentation of the positive degree, and sometimes equivalent to very.
- A sufficient or adequate number, amount, etc.
- To enhance.
- To make (someone or something) rich or richer.
- To adorn, ornate more richly.
- To add nutrients or fertilizer to the soil; to fertilize.
- To increase the amount of one isotope in a mixture of isotopes, especially in a nuclear fuel.
- To add nutrients to foodstuffs; to fortify
- To make to rise the proportion of a given constituent.
- To add new elements, to complete.
- An organophosphate insecticide, [dethoxyphosphinothioylthio)methylthio]-diethoxy-thioxophosphorane, that is known to neutralise the neural enzyme acetylcholinesterase.
- Of or relating to a group of people having common racial, national, religious or cultural origins.
- Belonging to a foreign culture.
- Representative of a folk or traditional mode of expression.
- Heathen, not Judeo-Christian-Muslim.
- An ethnic person, especially a foreigner or member of an immigrant community.
- An ethnic minority.
- A heathen, a pagan.
- (in classical scholarship) the demonym of an Ancient Greek city
- A desire; a yearning.
- To bite the bit, especially when restless; to champ.
- To complain; to rant; to rave.
- To worry; to be eager; to show impatience.
- To desire; to yearn; to covet.
- An end; the end of anything.
- A protective coating given to wood or metal and other surfaces.
- The result of any process changing the physical or chemical properties of cloth.
- A shot on goal, especially one that ends in a goal.
- To complete (something).
- To apply a treatment to
- To change an animal's food supply in the months before it is due for slaughter, with the intention of fattening the animal.
- To come to an end.
- A flange.
- A bearing consisting of a circle segment encroaching on the field from the side, and always occurring in pairs.
- A reflexive jerking away.
- To make a sudden, involuntary movement in response to a (usually negative) stimulus; to cringe.
- To dodge (a question), to avoid an unpleasant task or duty
- (of the croquet game) To let the foot slip from a ball, when attempting to give a tight croquet.
- A large sub-provincial city in the south-east of China, in the province of Guangdong.
- A city in Liaoning province, China.
- a rural community in Nova Scotia, Canada.
- a small town in Alabama, USA.
- a small city in Arkansas, USA.
- a CDP in California, USA.
- a town in Connecticut, USA.
- a city in Indiana, USA
- a small city in Kentucky, USA.
- a town in Massachusetts, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Missouri, USA.
- a town in New Hampshire, USA.
- an unincorporated community in New Jersey, USA.
- a town and village in New York, USA; the village is the county seat of
- a CDP in Ohio, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Ohio.
- an unincorporated community in Oregon, USA.
- an abandoned settlement in Texas, USA.
- unincorporated communities in and Texas.
- a town in Utah, USA.
- a small town in Vermont, USA.
- a small town in Virginia, USA.
- an extinct town in Washington, USA.
- an unincorporated community in West Virginia, USA.
- A grouch or killjoy.
- A person who aggressively sets out to ruin the Christmas holidays for others.
- A traditional Aboriginal dwelling made of bark and sticks.
- A restricting bandage or frenum
- Happening randomly.
- Pertaining to Hades or hell.
- Of, or relating to the geologic eon from about 4,600 to 3,800 million years ago; marked by the formation of the solar system, a stable Earth-Moon orbit and the first rocks.
- The eon before 4,000 Ma.
- One of several species of sea birds of the genus Puffinus, especially, (syn. Puffinus gravis, the and the or
- An island off the coast of southern China.
- A province on Hainan Island.
- Consisting or made of hair
Possible word length