Page 2 from 91
Total results: 94388
- A large or dense piece of something.
- A sexually attractive boy or man, especially one who is muscular.
- A record of differences between almost contiguous portions of two files (or other sources of information). Differences that are widely separated by areas which are identical in both files would not be part of a single hunk. Differences that are separated by small regions which are identical in both files may comprise a single hunk. Patches are made up of hunks.
- A honyock.
- To throw (something) with force.
- To utter (harsh or derogatory speech), especially at its target.
- To participate in the sport of hurling.
- To vomit.
- To twist or turn.
- A throw, especially a violent throw; a fling.
- The act of vomiting.
- The act of hitting the sliotar with the hurley.
- (car) ride
- tumult; riot; hurly-burly
- A table on which fibre is stirred and mixed by beating with a bow spring.
- to hum; buzz
- To make a rolling, trilling, or burring sound; gnarl
- to become quiet
- to make quiet
- To appease; to allay; to soothe.
- A silence, especially after some noise
- A mining method using water
- The monetary unit of South Korea from February 15, 1953 to June 9, 1962.
- A melodic chanting style of Welsh preaching.
- The first matter of the cosmos, from which the four elements arose, according to the doctrines of Empedocles and Aristotle.
- A song of praise or worship.
- To sing (a hymn).
- To praise or extol in hymns.
- Promotion or propaganda; especially exaggerated claims.
- To promote heavily; to advertise or build up.
- A unit of length equal to one twelfth of a foot, or exactly 2.54 centimetres.
- The amount of water which would cover a surface to the depth of an inch, used as a measurement of rainfall.
- The amount of an alcoholic beverage which would fill a glass or bottle to the depth of an inch.
- A very short distance.
- To advance very slowly, or by a small amount (in a particular direction).
- To drive by inches, or small degrees.
- To deal out by inches; to give sparingly.
- A small island
- A sensation felt on an area of the skin that causes a person or animal to want to scratch.
- A desire or want.
- To feel itchy; to feel a need to be scratched.
- To want or desire.
- To cause to feel an itch.
- To scratch or rub so as to relieve an itch.
- A species of grassy tamarisk shrub, common in river-marshes.
- The eleventh letter of many Semitic alphabets/abjads (Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others).
- The eleventh letter of the Hebrew and Aramaic alphabets, kaph, especially when pronounced as a fricative (rather than as a plosive).
- A ravine; a steep cleft in a hillside.
- The thong or braided cord of a whip, with which the blow is given.
- A leash in which an animal is caught or held; hence, a snare.
- A stroke with a whip, or anything pliant and tough.
- A stroke of satire or sarcasm; an expression or retort that cuts or gives pain; a cut.
- A hair growing from the edge of the eyelid; an eyelash.
- In carpet weaving, a group of strings for lifting simultaneously certain yarns, to form the figure.
- In British English, it refers to heavy drinking with friends, (i.e. We were out on the lash last night)
- To strike with a lash; to whip or scourge with a lash, or with something like one.
- To strike forcibly and quickly, as with a lash; to beat, or beat upon, with a motion like that of a lash.
- To throw out with a jerk or quickly.
- To scold; to berate; to satirize; to censure with severity.
- To ply the whip; to strike.
- To utter censure or sarcastic language.
- To fall heavily, especially in the phrase lash down
- To bind with a rope, cord, thong, or chain, so as to fasten.
- Remiss, lax.
- Soft, watery, wet.
- excellent, wonderful
- A structure made of connected strands of metal, fiber, or other flexible/ductile material, with evenly spaced openings between them.
- The opening or space enclosed by the threads of a net between knot and knot, or the threads enclosing such a space.
- The engagement of the teeth of wheels, or of a wheel and rack.
- A measure of fineness (particle size) of ground material. A powder that passes through a sieve having 300 openings per linear inch but does not pass 400 openings per linear inch is said to be -300 +400 mesh.
- A polygon mesh.
- To fit in, to come together.
- To catch in a mesh.
- A usually nocturnal insect of the order Lepidoptera, distinguished from butterflies by feather-like antennae.
- Anything that gradually and silently eats, consumes, or wastes any other thing.
- To hunt for moths.
- The plant
- A liver spot, especially an irregular or feathery one.
- A traditional story which embodies a belief regarding some fact or phenomenon of experience, and in which often the forces of nature and of the soul are personified; a sacred narrative regarding a god, a hero, the origin of the world or of a people, etc.
- Such stories as a genre.
- A commonly-held but false belief, a common misconception; a fictitious or imaginary person or thing; a popular conception about a real person or event which exaggerates or idealizes reality.
- A person or thing held in excessive or quasi-religious awe or admiration based on popular legend
- A person or thing existing only in imagination, or whose actual existence is not verifiable.
- nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) carrying two electrons and bonded with a hydrogen (H) ion; the reduced form of NAD.
- Soft; tender; sensitive; yielding.
- Delicate; weak; poor-spirited; susceptible to cold weather, harsh conditions etc.
- Soft; friable; crumbly.
- To make soft, tender, or weak.
- To act timidly.
- A figure in Abrahamic religions, believed to have built an ark to save his family and members of each species of animal from the Great Flood.
- The 71st sura (chapter) of the Qur'an.
- of; shark.
- Food; a light meal or snack.
- To eat a snack or light meal.
- To perform fellatio (on); to blow.
- A solemn pledge or promise to a god, king, or another person, to attest to the truth of a statement or contract
- The affirmed statement or promise accepted as equivalent to an oath.
- A light or insulting use of a solemn pledge or promise to a god, king or another person, to attest to the truth of a statement or contract the name of a deity in a profanity, as in swearing oaths.
- A curse.
- An affirmation of the truth of a statement.
- to pledge
- Either of two flowering trees of the myrtle family, especially
- in Hawaii: the lehua, (native to Hawaii)
- the Malay apple, (native to Southeast Asia, introduced throughout the tropics).
- A Capital and largest city: Columbus.
- A river flowing SW from Pennsylvania to the Mississippi River in Illinois.
- A village in Illinois.
- A town in New York.
- Any of three communities in Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Any of various large, colourful, deep-bodied pelagic fish of the family Lamprididae.
- A large war canoe of the Society Islands.
- To throw (or be thrown) and break.
- To snog, to make out, to kiss.
- A passionate kiss.
- A romantic infatuation; a crush.
- The object of a romantic infatuation; a crush.
- Any obsession or passion.
- A crushing blow.
- A heavy fall of rain or snow.
- The head.
- To strike; to crush; to smash; to dash into pieces.
- A sibilant noise (e.g. "psshh") made by birders and ornithologists to attract small birds.
- To try to attract birds by making a sibilant noise (e.g. "psshh").
- To express contempt.
- Of poor quality; very bad.
- The soft, spongy substance in the center of the stems of many plants and trees.
- The spongy interior substance of a feather.
- The spinal cord; the marrow.
- The albedo of a citrus fruit.
- The essential or vital part.
- To extract the pith from (a plant stem or tree).
- To kill (especially cattle or laboratory animals) by cutting or piercing the spinal cord.
- A god of creativity and craftsmen, sometimes also identified with gods of death and the birth of the sun.
- To apply a force to (an object) such that it moves away from the person or thing applying the force.
- To continually attempt to persuade (a person) into a particular course of action.
- To press or urge forward; to drive.
- To continually promote (a point of view, a product for sale, etc.).
- To approach; to come close to.
- To tense the muscles in the abdomen in order to expel its contents.
- To continue to attempt to persuade a person into a particular course of action.
- To make a higher bid at an auction.
- To make an all-in bet.
- To move (a pawn) directly forward.
- To add (a data item) to the top of a stack.
- To publish (an update, etc.) by transmitting it to other computers.
- To thrust the points of the horns against; to gore.
- To burst out of its pot, as a bud or shoot.
- To strike the cue ball in such a way that it stays in contact with the cue and object ball at the same time (a foul shot)
- A short, directed application of force; an act of pushing.
- An act of tensing the muscles of the abdomen in order to expel its contents.
- A great effort (to do something).
- An attempt to persuade someone into a particular course of action.
- A marching or drill maneuver/manoeuvre performed by moving a formation (especially a company front) forward or toward the audience, usually to accompany a dramatic climax or crescendo in the music.
- A wager that results in no loss or gain for the bettor as a result of a tie or even score
- The addition of a data item to the top of a stack.
- The situation where a server sends data to a client without waiting for a request, as in server push, push technology.
- A crowd or throng or people
- A foul shot in which the cue ball is in contact with the cue and the object ball at the same time
- A pustule; a pimple.
- The nineteenth letter of many Semitic alphabets/abjads (Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others).
- A branch of the river Rhine and its basin.
- An urban area in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.
- A person who belongs to a monotheistic sect of Hinduism; Sadhs' beliefs are similar to those of Quakers
- A piece of designed to be worn around the
- A length of worn over the to the opposite often for or other occasions.
- To adorn with a sash or scarf.
- The opening part (casement) of a window usually containing the glass panes, hinged to the jamb, or sliding up and down as in a sash window.
- A draggable vertical or horizontal bar used to adjust the relative sizes of two adjacent windows.
- In a sawmill, the rectangular frame in which the saw is strained and by which it is carried up and down with a reciprocating motion; the gate.
- A former Hebrew unit of dry volume, about 7.7 or 7 quarts.
- A scab.
- To scratch; to rub.
- To play mean tricks; to act shabbily.
- Any one of several species of food fishes that make up the genus Alosa in the family Clupeidae, to which the herrings also belong;
- Matted material; rough massed hair, fibres etc.
- Coarse shredded tobacco.
- A type of rough carpet pile.
- To make hairy or shaggy; to roughen.
- hairy; shaggy
- Several species of sea birds in the family Phalacrocoracidae (cormorant family), especially the or Phalacrocorax aristotelis, found on European and African coasts.
- To shake, wiggle around.
- To have sexual intercourse with.
- To masturbate.
- To chase after; especially, to chase after and return (a ball) hit usually out of play.
- To perform the dance called the shag.
- A swing dance.
- An act of sexual intercourse.
- A casual sexual partner.
- A fundraising dance in honour of a couple engaged to be married.
- of Chinese origin, a variant of Shi.
- Solid excretory product evacuated from the bowels; feces.
- (the shits) diarrhea.
- An instance of defecation.
- Rubbish; worthless matter.
- Stuff, things.
- (the shit) The best of its kind.
- Nonsense; bullshit.
- A nasty, despicable person, used particularly of men.
- (in negations) Anything.
- A problem or difficult situation.
- A strong rebuke.
- any recreational drug, usually cannabis.
- Of poor quality; worthless.
- Nasty; despicable.
- Resembling the color of
- To defecate.
- To excrete (something) through the anus.
- To fool or try to fool someone; to be deceitful.
- To annoy.
- Wearing shoes.
- Having tires equipped.
- jolt, shake
- to jolt or shake
- to depart, frequently with "off"
- To induce someone or something to leave.
- To leave under inducement.
- To usher someone.
- An establishment that sells goods or services to the public; originally only a physical location, but now a virtual establishment as well.
- A place where things are manufactured or crafted; a workshop.
- A large garage where vehicle mechanics work.
- Workplace; office. Used mainly in expressions such as shop talk, closed shop and shop floor.
- A variety of classes taught in junior or senior high school that teach vocational skill.
- An establishment where a barber or beautician works.
- An act of shopping, especially routine shopping for food and other domestic supplies.
- Discussion of business or professional affairs.
- To visit stores or shops to browse or explore merchandise, especially with the intention of buying such merchandise.
- To purchase products from (a range or catalogue, etc.).
- To report the criminal activities or whereabouts of someone to an authority.
- Shorthand for photoshop; to digitally edit a picture or photograph.
- A Turkic ethnic group living in Mountain Shoria, a southern part of Kemerovo oblast in Russia.
- The language spoken by this people.
- Worn out or broken.
- Woven from warp and weft strands of different colours, resulting in an iridescent appearance.
- Tired, weary.
- Discharged, cleared, or rid of something.
- The result of launching a projectile or bullet.
- The act of launching a ball or similar object toward a goal.
- The heavy iron ball used for the shot put.
- Small metal balls used as ammunition.
- Metal balls (or similar) used as ammunition; not necessarily small.
- Someone who shoots (a gun) regularly
- An opportunity or attempt.
- A remark or comment, especially one which is critical or insulting.
- A punch or other physical blow.
- A measure of alcohol, usually spirits, as taken either from a shot-glass or directly from the bottle, equivalent to about 44 milliliters; 1.5 ounces. ("pony shot"= 30 milliliters; 1 fluid ounce)
- A single serving of espresso.
- A single unbroken sequence of photographic film exposures, or the digital equivalent; an unedited sequence of frames.
- A vaccination or injection.
- A home run that scores one, two, or three runs (a four run home run is usually referred to as a grand slam).
- Written documentation of a behavior infraction.
- A cast of one or more nets.
- A place or spot for setting nets.
- A single draft or catch of fish made.
- To load (a gun) with shot.
- A charge to be paid, a scot or shout.
- To close, to stop from being open.
- To close, to stop being open.
- To close a business temporarily, or (of a business) to be closed.
- To preclude; to exclude; to bar out.
- The act or time of shutting; close.
- A door or cover; a shutter.
- The line or place where two pieces of metal are welded together.
- A narrow alley or passage acting as a short cut through the buildings between two streets.
- A deep, prolonged audible inhale and exhale of breath; as when fatigued, frustrated, grieved, or relieved; the act of sighing.
- Figuratively, a manifestation of grief; a lament.
- A person who is bored.
- To inhale a larger quantity of air than usual, and immediately expel it; to make a deep single audible respiration, especially as the result or involuntary expression of fatigue, exhaustion, grief, sorrow, frustration, or the like.
- To lament; to grieve.
- To utter sighs over; to lament or mourn over.
- To experience an emotion associated with sighing.
- To make a sound like sighing.
- To exhale (the breath) in sighs.
- To express by sighs; to utter in or with sighs.
- co-op (short for "association" store).
- of; definition
- Any of three genera of large Asian ungulates belonging to the subfamily Caprinae (goat-antelopes).
- The ninth letter of many Semitic alphabets/abjads (Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others).
- A bondman; a slave.
- Bond; servile.
- To oppress; enslave.
- Muscle or sinew.
- A good quality or habit; virtue.
- An attractive physical attribute, especially muscle; mental or moral vigour.
- Instruct in morals or values; chastise.
- The sound of a dull impact.
- Republic jet ground attack fighter.
- To make the sound of a dull impact.
- Someone with an intimidating and unseemly appearance and mannerisms, who treats others violently and roughly, often for hire.
- One of a band of assassins formerly active in northern India who worshipped and offered their victims to her.
- In gardening, an over-vigorous plant that spreads and dominates the flowerbed.
- To commit acts of thuggery, to live the life of a thug, or to dress and act in a manner reminiscent of someone who does.
- A tusk.
- A small tusk sometimes found on the female Indian elephant.
- The buttocks
- Nonsense; tosh.
- To pull or drag a heavy object such as a tree or log.
- VHSIC Hardware Description Language.
- A ford.
- A fordable stream.
- a forceful blow
- the sound of such a blow; a thud
- to strike or smash (into) something with great force or impact
- A blow; a hit; a variation of whop.
- the curlew.
- To strike hard and suddenly.
- To throw oneself quickly, or by an abrupt motion; to turn suddenly.
- Which thing, event, circumstance, etc.:
- That; which; who.
- That which; those that; the thing that.
- In some manner or degree; in part; partly; usually followed by with.
- Used to introduce each of two coordinate phrases or concepts; both…and.
- Which; which kind of.
- How much; how great (used in an exclamation).
- Something; thing; stuff.
- The identity of a thing, as an answer to a question of what.
- Something that is addressed by as opposed to a person, addressed by
- At an earlier and less prosperous time.
- At what time.
- At such time as.
- Since; given the fact that.
- What time; which time
- The time at which something happens.
- To hone or rub on with some substance, as a piece of stone, for the purpose of sharpening – see whetstone.
- To stimulate or make more keen.
- The act of whetting something.
- That which whets or sharpens; especially, an appetizer.
- To whistle with a shrill pipe, like a plover.
- The liquid remaining after milk has been curdled and strained in the process of making cheese.
- A quick motion; a rapid, quiet movement, usually by small game.
- To move nimbly and with little noise, usually of small game.
- Gorse; furze.
- The plant woad-waxen (Genista tinctoria).
- To make a whirring or hissing sound, similar to that of an object speeding through the air.
- To rush or move swiftly with such a sound.
- To throw or spin rapidly.
- To urinate.
- A whirring or hissing sound (as above).
- Someone who is remarkably skilled at something.
- An act of urination; a wiz.
- To make a whoo sound, of delight, whistling, or of an owl etc.
- To throw or move (something) quickly, usually with an impact.
- A blow or strike.
- a desire, hope, or longing for something or for something to happen
- an expression of such a desire etc.
- the process of expressing or thinking about such a desire etc. (often connected with ideas of magic and supernatural power(s)
- the thing desired or longed for
- a water meadow.
- To desire; to want.
- To hope (for a particular outcome).
- To bestow (a thought or gesture) towards (someone or something).
- To request or desire to do an activity.
- To recommend; to seek confidence or favour on behalf of.
- A brine spring or well.
- An exclamation of disgust.
- Known as the "Tetragrammaton", the four Hebrew letters which are transliterated into the Latin alphabet as YHWH (or IHVH, JHVH, or YHVH). Usually vowels are added to produce the spelling Jehovah or Yahweh.
- The tenth letter of many Semitic alphabets/abjads (Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others).
- A tool used to read a torah.
- To make ashamed; to embarrass; to destroy the self-possession of, as by exciting suddenly a consciousness of guilt, mistake, or inferiority; to disconcert; to discomfit.
- To lose self-possession; to become ashamed.
- To regard with horror or detestation; to shrink back with shuddering from; to feel excessive repugnance toward; to detest to extremity; to loathe.
- To fill with horror or disgust.
- To turn aside or avoid; to keep away from; to reject.
- To protest against; to reject solemnly.
- To shrink back with horror, disgust, or dislike; to be contrary or averse; definition.
- Differ entirely from.
- A unit of measurement in the centimeter-gram-second scale used to measure conductance.
- A unit of electrical resistance equal to one billionth of an ohm (10-9 ohms), used in the centimeter-gram-second system of units.
- A spicy and salty pickle in Indian cuisine.
- The sound of a sneeze.
- dandruff (or similar condition)
- In a gushing state.
- In or to the front; in advance; onward.
- In the direction one is facing or moving.
- In or for the future.
- At an earlier time.
- Having progressed more.
- In a heap; huddled together.
- name, variant of Ahmed.
- of Arabic origin.
- name, variant of Ahmad.
- of Arabic origin.
- at the hull of a ship
- Having the sails furled and the helm lashed alee, as during a storm.
- A city in south Iran, capital of the Khuzestan Province.
- The first letter of the Proto-Canaanite alphabet, and its descendants in descended Semitic scripts, such as Phoenician Aleph Aramaic Syriac Hebrew and Arabic
- Resembling or characteristic of ale.
- An Egyptian singer or dancing-girl used for entertainment; a dancing-girl, a prostitute.
- Nigh; near; close by (to).
- Nigh; near.
- Sapsucking pest insect of the superfamily Aphidoidea; an aphidian.
- Resembling or characteristic of an ape.
- one who has attained enlightenment; a Buddhist saint
- one of the stages of the ascetic's spiritual evolution, when all passions (anger, ego, deception, greed, attachment, hatred and ignorance) are destroyed; arhanta
- Any of various medical remedies.
- Money or some other valuable item given to evidence a contract; a pledge or earnest.
- An early Welsh bishop and saint
- A large, shallow, oval dish used for serving food.
- the head of the Assyrian pantheon, later identified with Anshar
- the city of Assur
- a common given name among Assyrian people
- grandson of Noah in Genesis
- Noble; illustrious
- A chief or lord.
- A prince or noble.
- A kind of tamarisk native to northern Africa and the Middle East, planted widely elsewhere as a shade tree and a windbreak due to its tolerance of heat and of alkaline soils, but tending to become invasive outside of its native range.
- one of the Gigantes
- A peninsula in Greece containing Mount Athos
- anything whatever, any part.
- whit, the smallest part, iota.
- The digit zero as the decade in years. For example, aught-nine for 1909 or 2009.
- At all, in any degree, in any respect.
- Of importance or consequence (in the phrase "of aught").
- Esteem, respect.
- Property; possession
- Duty; place; office
- to own, possess
- to owe, be obliged or obligated to
- possessed of
- Washed by the waves or tide; said of a rock or strip of shore, or of an anchor, etc., when flush with the surface of the water, so that the waves break over it.
- Covered, overspread.
- The first principle of metals, that is, mercury, which was formerly supposed to exist in all metals, and to be extractable from them.
- The universal remedy of Paracelsus.
- A portable coffer or chest with a rounded lid covered in leather, garnished with nails, once used for the transport of clothes or other personal luggage. It was the original portmanteau.
- A dwarf-wall of plain masonry, carrying the roof of a cathedral or church and masked or hidden behind the balustrade.
- An ancient city and centre of Buddhism, Islam, and Zoroastrianism and capital of Bactria.
- One of the 34 provinces in Afghanistan, Balkh Province.
- A general strike, shutdown, or other form of protest used in South Asia in which a substantial portion of the population stays home and does not report to work.
- A place of shelter for cattle.
- A bank; a sandbank.
- A field or patch of ground lying near a stream; the dale in which a stream flows.
- The process of baking.
- The quantity of bread or other baked goods baked at one time.
- A quantity of anything produced at one operation.
- A group or collection of things of the same kind, such as a batch of letters or the next batch of business.
- A set of data to be processed with one execution of a program.
- A bread roll.
- A graduating class.
- To aggregate things together into a batch.
- To handle a set of input data or requests as a batch process.
- Of a process, operating for a defined set of conditions, and then halting.
- To live as a bachelor temporarily, of a married man or someone virtually married.
- An enclosed public swimming pool; originally a place having individual cubicles where people without bathrooms could have a bath.
- The shore of a body of water, especially when sandy or pebbly.
- A horizontal strip of land, usually sandy, adjoining water.
- The loose pebbles of the seashore, especially worn by waves; shingle.
- To run aground on a beach.
- To run (something) aground on a beach.
- To bathe (with warm liquid); foment.
- To dry or heat (unseasoned) wood for the purpose of straightening it.
- Any of various herbs and plants of the genera Limonium, Centaurea, Silene, etc.
- To carve; adorn; embellish.
- A fixed bunk for sleeping in (caravans, trains, etc).
- Room for maneuvering or safety. (Often used in the phrase a wide berth.)
- A space for a ship to moor or a vehicle to park.
- A room in which a number of the officers or ship's company mess and reside.
- A job or position, especially on a ship.
- Position or seed in a tournament bracket.
- position on the field of play
- to bring (a ship or vehicle) into its berth
- to assign a berth (bunk or position) to
- Cannabis, especially as used in the Indian subcontinent.
- that is common in many ethnicities in India.
- Traditionally among Brahmins, a Brahmin who has learned all the four Vedas.
- A Central Indo-Aryan language spoken in west-central India.
- A measure of land in India, varying from a third of an acre to an acre.
- A corner, bend, or angle; a hollow
- An area of sea lying between two promontories, larger than a bay, wider than a gulf
- A bend or curve in a coastline, river, or other geographical feature.
- A curve in a rope
- Any of various trees of the genus Betula, native to countries in the Northern Hemisphere.
- A hard wood taken from the birch tree, typically used to make furniture.
- A stick, rod or bundle of twigs made from birch wood, used for punishment.
- A birch-bark canoe.
- to punish with a stick, bundle of twigs, or rod made of birch wood.
- to punish as though one were using a stick, bundle of twigs, or rod made of birch wood.
- The process of childbearing; the beginning of life.
- An instance of childbirth.
- A beginning or start; a point of origin.
- The circumstances of one's background, ancestry, or upbringing.
- That which is born.
- A familial relationship established by childbirth.
- To bear or give birth to (a child).
- To produce, give rise to.
- A female dog or other canine, particularly a recent mother.
- A despicable or disagreeable, aggressive person, typically a woman or man considered effeminate in some way.
- A submissive person, often female, who does what others want; a slave.
- A complaint, especially when the complaint is unjustified.
- A difficult or confounding problem.
- A queen (playing card), particularly the queen of spades in the card game of hearts.
- Something unforgiving and unpleasant.
- Place; situation
- To behave or act as a bitch.
- To criticize spitefully, often for the sake of complaining rather than in order to have the problem corrected.
- To spoil, to ruin.
- A feeling of boredom and no motivation; depression.
- An act of blushing.
- A glow; a flush of colour.
- Feeling or appearance of optimism.
- A sort of makeup, frequently a powder, used to redden the cheeks.
- A color between pink and cream.
- A pale pink wine made by removing the dark grape skins at the required point during fermentation.
- To become red in the face due to shyness, shame, excitement, or embarrassment.
- To become red.
- To suffuse with a blush; to redden; to make roseate.
- To change skin color in the face (to a particular shade).
- To express or make known by blushing.
- To have a warm and delicate colour, like some roses and other flowers.
- The collective noun for a group of boys.
- a town and river in Northumberland, England,
- a village in Nottinghamshire, England.
- a river in Suffolk, England.
- A black tea from China. Originally referred to a high quality tea, now refers to a lower-grade tea.
- The province of Bohol.
- The island of Bohol.
- To perform (a task) in an unacceptable or incompetent manner; to make a mess of something; to ruin; to bungle; to spoil; to destroy.
- To do something without skill, without care, or clumsily.
- To repair or mend clumsily.
- An action, job, or task that has been performed very badly.
- A patch put on, or a part of a garment patched or mended in a clumsy manner.
- A ruined, defective, or clumsy piece of work; mess; bungle.
- A mistake that is very stupid or embarrassing.
- A messy, disorderly or confusing combination; conglomeration; hodgepodge.
- A tumour or other malignant swelling.
- A case or outbreak of boils or sores.
- A small cottage, especially one for communal use in remote areas by labourers or farmhands.
- impetuous or rash
- insensitive or tactless
- impudent or shameless
- A rash or eruption; a sudden or transient fit of sickness.
- brittle, as wood or vegetables
- Leaf litter of small leaves and little twigs as found under a hedge.
- Broken and angular rock fragments underlying alluvial deposits.
- Broken fragments of ice.
- An implement consisting of multiple more or less flexible bristles or other filaments attached to a handle, used for any of various purposes including cleaning, painting, and arranging hair.
- A piece of conductive material, usually carbon, serving to maintain electrical contact between the stationary and rotating parts of a machine.
- The act of brushing something.
- Wild vegetation, generally larger than grass but smaller than trees (Wikipedia).
- A short and sometimes occasional encounter or experience.
- The furry tail of an animal, especially of a fox.
- A tuft of hair on the mandibles.
- A short contest, or trial, of speed.
- An instrument, resembling a brush, used to produce a soft sound from drums or cymbals.
- An on-screen tool for "painting" a particular colour or texture.
- In 3D video games, a convex polyhedron, especially one that defines structure of the play area.
- The floorperson of a poker room, usually in a casino.
- (North Wisconsin, uncountable) Evergreen boughs, especially balsam, locally cut and baled for export, usually for use in wreathmaking.
- To clean with a brush.
- To untangle or arrange with a brush.
- To apply with a brush.
- To remove with a sweeping motion.
- To touch with a sweeping motion, or lightly in passing.
- To clean one's teeth by brushing them.
- A group of a number of similar things, either growing together, or in a cluster or clump, usually fastened together.
- The peloton; the main group of riders formed during a race.
- An informal body of friends.
- A considerable amount.
- An unmentioned amount; a number.
- A group of logs tied together for skidding.
- An unusual concentration of ore in a lode or a small, discontinuous occurrence or patch of ore in the wallrock.
- The reserve yarn on the filling bobbin to allow continuous weaving between the time of indication from the midget feeler until a new bobbin is put in the shuttle.
- An unfinished cigar, before the wrapper leaf is added.
- A protuberance; a hunch; a knob or lump; a hump.
- To gather into a bunch.
- To gather fabric into folds.
- To form a bunch.
- To be gathered together in folds
- To protrude or swell
- Like a bush in having many widely spread branches.
- Growing thickly.
- (Racial slur) Derogatory word used to refer to Afro-textured Hair.
- An endangered burrowing, nocturnal bird, Pterodroma cahow, from Bermuda; the
- The act of seizing or capturing.
- The act of catching an object in motion, especially a ball.
- The act of noticing, understanding or hearing.
- The game of catching a ball.
- A find, in particular a boyfriend or girlfriend or prospective spouse.
- Something which is captured or caught.
- A stopping mechanism, especially a clasp which stops something from opening.
- A hesitation in voice, caused by strong emotion.
- A concealed difficulty, especially in a deal or negotiation.
- A crick; a sudden muscle pain during unaccustomed positioning when the muscle is in use.
- A fragment of music or poetry.
- A state of readiness to capture or seize; an ambush.
- A crop which has germinated and begun to grow.
- A type of strong boat, usually having two masts; a ketch.
- A type of humorous round in which the voices gradually catch up with one another; usually sung by men and often having bawdy lyrics.
- The refrain; a line or lines of a song which are repeated from verse to verse.
- The act of catching a hit ball before it reaches the ground, resulting in an out.
- A player in respect of his catching ability; particularly one who catches well.
- The first contact of an oar with the water.
- A stoppage of breath, resembling a slight cough.
- Passing opportunities seized; snatches.
- A slight remembrance; a trace.
- To capture, overtake.
- To capture or snare (someone or something which would rather escape).
- To entrap or trip up a person; to deceive.
- To marry or enter into a similar relationship with.
- To reach (someone) with a strike, blow, weapon etc.
- To overtake or catch up to; to be in time for.
- To discover unexpectedly; to surprise (someone doing something).
- To travel by means of.
- To become pregnant. (Only in past tense or as participle.)
- To seize hold of.
- To grab, seize, take hold of.
- To take or replenish something necessary, such as breath or sleep.
- To grip or entangle.
- To be held back or impeded.
- To engage with some mechanism; to stick, to succeed in interacting with something or initiating some process.
- To have something be held back or impeded.
- To make a grasping or snatching motion (at).
- Of fire, to spread or be conveyed to.
- To grip (the water) with one's oars at the beginning of the stroke.
- To germinate and set down roots.
- To contact a wave in such a way that one can ride it back to shore.
- To handle an exception.
- To intercept.
- To seize or intercept a object moving through the air (or, sometimes, some other medium).
- To seize (an opportunity) when it occurs.
- To end a player's innings by catching a hit ball before the first bounce.
- To play (a specific period of time) as the catcher.
- To receive (by being in the way).
- To be the victim of (something unpleasant, painful etc.).
- To be touched or affected by (something) through exposure.
- To be infected by (an illness).
- To spread by infection or similar means.
- To receive or be affected by (wind, water, fire etc.).
- To acquire, as though by infection; to take on through sympathy or infection.
- To be hit by something.
- To serve well or poorly for catching, especially for catching fish.
- To get pregnant.
- To take in with one's senses or intellect.
- To grasp mentally: perceive and understand.
- To take in; to watch or listen to (an entertainment).
- To reproduce or echo a spirit or idea faithfully.
- To seize attention, interest.
- To charm or entrance.
- To attract and hold (a faculty or organ of sense).
- To obtain or experience
- A 20th century spelling variant of Cathy, diminutive of the female given name Catherine.
- name and of its variant forms, also used as a formal given name in the 20th century.
- To toss up the head frequently, as a horse to avoid the restraint of the bridle.
- To not broadcast a medal-winning or otherwise memorable or crucial figure skating performance. This only occurs in a live broadcast because the network has to decide which programs to show and which to cut in the interest of time. If a skater is low in the rankings and several big names are set to skate later, that performance may be cut.
- The inedible parts of a grain-producing plant.
- By extension, any excess or unwanted material, resource, or person; anything worthless.
- Loose material, e.g. small strips of aluminum foil, dropped from aircraft specifically to interfere with radar detection.
- Straw or hay cut up fine for the food of cattle.
- Light jesting talk; banter; raillery.
- To use light, idle language by way of fun or ridicule; to banter.
- To make fun of; to turn into ridicule by addressing in ironical or bantering language; to quiz.
- A fungus, Inonotus obliquus, found in over-the-counter medical and nutritional treatments and as an ingredient in herbal tea.
- The large spiral shell of several species of sea conch, much used in making bangles, especially
- To eat noisily; to champ or chomp
- To sing, especially without instruments, and as applied to monophonic and pre-modern music.
- To sing or intone sacred text.
- To utter or repeat in a strongly rhythmical manner, especially as a group.
- Type of singing done generally without instruments and harmony.
- A short and simple melody, divided into two parts by double bars, to which unmetrical psalms, etc., are sung or recited. It is the most ancient form of choral music.
- Twang; manner of speaking; a canting tone.
- A repetitive song, typically an incantation or part of a ritual.
- A narrow lane or passage between houses in a town.
- To work by the day, without being a regularly hired servant; to do small jobs; to char.
- Charcoal; coke.
- A pointed stick, which when placed with the point against another piece of wood, and spun rapidly in alternate directions with the aid of attached cords, produces enough heat by friction to create a fire; a fire-drill.
- A wine glass.
- A variety of hunting bird.
- To reduce by strong heat, as to produce charcoal or coke; to calcine.
- To make a grating sound.
- An object, act or words believed to have magic power (usually carries a positive connotation).
- The ability to persuade, delight or arouse admiration; often constructed in the plural.
- A quantum number of hadrons determined by the quantity of charm quarks & antiquarks.
- A small trinket on a bracelet or chain, etc., traditionally supposed to confer luck upon the wearer.
- seduce, persuade or fascinate someone or something.
- To use a magical charm upon; to subdue, control, or summon by incantation or supernatural influence.
- To protect with, or make invulnerable by, spells, charms, or supernatural influences.
- To make music upon.
- To subdue or overcome by some secret power, or by that which gives pleasure; to allay; to soothe.
- The mixed sound of many voices, especially of birds or children.
- A flock, group (especially of finches).
- A map.
- A map illustrating the geography of a specific phenomenon.
- A navigator's map.
- A systematic non-narrative presentation of data.
- A tabular presentation of data; a table.
- A diagram.
- A graph.
- A record of a patient's diagnosis, care instructions, and recent history.
- A ranked listing of competitors, as of recorded music.
- A written deed; a charter.
- A subspace of a manifold used as part of an atlas
- To draw a chart or map of.
- To draw or figure out (a route or plan).
- To record systematically.
- To appear on a hit-recording chart.
- Sad; sorrowful; grievous.
- Disposed to cherish with care; careful.
- Cautious; wary; shy.
- Sparing; not lavish; not disposed to give freely.
- A deep, steep-sided rift, gap or fissure; a gorge or abyss.
- A large difference of opinion.
- A small South American subspecies of tiger cat ( native to Argentina and Paraguay.
- A type of residential tenement building found in India, typically for poor working-class people.
- singular of, i.e. nonstandard version of chews.
- A suburban village in Sutton on the border of London and Surrey
- Trade; traffic; chaffer; chaffering.
- A market; marketplace.
- A low price; a bargain.
- Cheapness; lowness of price; abundance of supply.
- Low and/or reduced in price.
- Of poor quality.
- Of little worth.
- Underhand or unfair.
- Ungenerous; stingy, mean (UK), tightfisted, excessively frugal.
- To trade; traffic; bargain; chaffer; ask the price of goods; cheapen goods.
- To bargain for; chaffer for; ask the price of; offer a price for; cheapen.
- To buy; purchase.
- To sell.
- To violate rules in order to gain advantage from a situation.
- To be unfaithful to one's spouse or partner.
- To manage to avoid something even though it seemed unlikely.
- To deceive; to fool; to trick.
- To beguile.
- Someone who cheats (informal: cheater).
- An act of deception or fraud; that which is the means of fraud or deception; a fraud; a trick; imposition; imposture.
- The weed cheatgrass.
- A card game where the goal is to have no cards remaining in a hand, often by telling lies.
- A hidden means of gaining an unfair advantage in a computer game, often by entering a cheat code.
- Of a small bird, to make short, high-pitched sounds sounding like "cheep".
- To express in a chirping tone.
- A short, high-pitched sound made by a small bird.
- A unit of weight equal to 200 kg (441 lbs.).
- A former Turkish unit of weight equal to 180 okas.
- A former Turkish unit of weight equal to 100 dirhems (variously .15–.35 kg).
- to gossip, particularly in a forthright manner
- to speak rudely or out of turn
- Massive, usually dull-colored and opaque, quartzite, hornstone, impure chalcedony, or other flint-like mineral.
- A flint-like tool made from chert.
- A board game for two players with each beginning with sixteen chess pieces moving according to fixed rules across a chessboard with the objective to checkmate the opposing king.
- Any of several species of grass in the genus Bromus, generally considered weeds.
- One of the platforms, consisting of two or more planks dowelled together, for the flooring of a temporary military bridge.
- A box, now usually a large strong box with a secure convex lid.
- A coffin.
- The place in which public money is kept; a treasury.
- A chest of drawers.
- The portion of the front of the human body from the base of the neck to the top of the abdomen; the thorax. Also the analogous area in other animals.
- A hit or blow made with one's chest.
- To hit with one's chest (front of one's body)
- To deposit in a chest.
- To place in a coffin.
- Debate; quarrel; strife; enmity.
- To come to an issue; to turn out; to succeed.
- having a pliable or springy texture when chewed
- a capital city of Chiba prefecture, Japan.
- To admonish in blame; to reproach angrily.
- To utter words of disapprobation and displeasure; to find fault; to contend angrily.
- To make a clamorous noise; to chafe.
- A leader or head of a group of people, organisation, etc.
- The top part of a shield or escutcheon.
- Primary; principal.
- To smoke cannabis.
- The edge of a cask, etc; a chine.
- A musical instrument producing a sound when struck, similar to a bell (e.g. a tubular metal bar) or actually a bell. Often used in the plural to refer to the set: the chimes.
- An individual ringing component of such a set.
- A small bell or other ringing or tone-making device as a component of some other device.
- The sound of such an instrument or device.
- A small hammer or other device used to strike a bell.
- To make the sound of a chime.
- To cause to sound in harmony; to play a tune, as upon a set of bells; to move or strike in harmony.
- To utter harmoniously; to recite rhythmically.
- To agree; to correspond.
- To make a rude correspondence of sounds; to jingle, as in rhyming.
- A chine; the edge of a cask.
- To review each image on a digital camera after it is taken.
- To get very excited when showing images on a digital camera.
- To become happier.
- To make happier.
- To make the sound of a bird; to chirp.
- lively; cheerful; in good spirits
- Collective noun for goldfinch.
- A din or confused noise, as of many voices, birdsong, etc.
- To chirp or to make a mournful cry, as a bird does.
- A short, sharp or high note or noise, as of a bird or insect.
- A pulse of signal whose frequency sweeps through a band of frequencies for the duration of the pulse.
- to make a short, sharp, cheerful note, as of small birds or crickets
- to speak in a high-pitched staccato
- To modify (a pulse of signal) so that it sweeps through a band of frequencies throughout its duration.
- To make the prolonged trilling sound of an insect (e.g. a grasshopper, a cicada).
- The trilled sound made by an insect.
- A hunt or chase.
- A hunting cry.
- To vex or harass with petty attacks.
- To maneuver or secure gradually.
- To scurry.
- An unsharpened section of a knife blade in front of the guard on the blade
- The indentation of a pocket-knife blade where it joins the tang
- A small handleless cup in which saké is served.
- A chayote.
- A short-sleeved blouse worn under a sari; an Indian underbodice.
- A Mexican or Hispanic gang member, or somebody perceived to embody similar characteristics.
- The act of chomping
- To bite or chew loudly or heavily.
- To remove the final character from (a text string) if it is a newline (or, less commonly, some other programmer-specified character).
- A chicken, especially a hen.
- A cooked chicken; a chicken dressed for cooking.
- A fool.
- Jaws, mouth.
- One's skill at musical interpretation and delivery (originally of jazz); musical performance ability.
- One's skill at any endeavor; ability, talent.
- The area where two tides meet and cause an irregular (choppy) sea.
- A pattern that involves carrying the object with the hand over the next object before throwing it.
- To talk, chat; also, to talk back, to be cheeky.
- A harmonic set of three or more notes that is heard as if sounding simultaneously.
- A straight line between two points of a curve.
- A horizontal member of a truss.
- The distance between the leading and trailing edge of a wing, measured in the direction of the normal airflow.
- A keyboard shortcut that involves two or more distinct keypresses, such as Ctrl+M followed by P.
- The string of a musical instrument.
- A cord.
- An edge that is not part of a cycle but connects two vertices of the cycle.
- To write chords for.
- To accord; to harmonize together.
- To provide with musical chords or strings; to string; to tune.
- A dry salt lake, in the Saharan area of Africa, that stays dry in the summer but receives some water in the winter.
- A squat, rounded form of oenochoe with a trefoil mouth.
- An assessment equal to a quarter of the revenue.
- An intersection where tracks or roads cross (often used in place names).
- A marketplace or open area in a city or village.
- A courtyard.
- A diminutive of the male given names Christopher and, less commonly, of Christian.
- A diminutive of the female name Christina and of its variant forms.
- stupid; churlish
- A coarse or stupid fellow.
- To make noisy puffing sounds, as of a steam locomotive.
- To break wind.
- To intermittantly extinguish and reignite a powder charge.
- Superfluous small talk that is free of conflict, offers no character development, description or insight, and does not advance the story or plot.
- A breathy noise produced by a tiger, similar in function to a cat's purr.
- Swollen with fat.
- The vagina.
- An incompetent person, a blockhead; a loser.
- A gullible person; a sucker; someone easily taken advantage of; someone lacking common sense.
- The thick end, especially of a piece of wood or of a joint of meat.
- A part of something that has been separated.
- A representative portion of a substance, often large and irregular.
- A discrete segment of a file, stream, etc. (especially one that represents audiovisual media); a block.
- A segment of a comedian's performance
- To break into large pieces or chunks.
- To break down (language, etc.) into conceptual chunks of manageable size.
- To throw.
- A rustic; a countryman or labourer; a free peasant (as opposed to a serf).
- A rough, surly, ill-bred person; a boor.
- A selfish miser; an illiberal person; a niggard.
- a freedman, ranked below a thane but above a thrall
- To agitate rapidly and repetitively, or to stir with a rowing or rocking motion; generally applies to liquids, notably cream.
- To produce excessive and sometimes undesirable or unproductive activity or motion.
- To move rapidly and repetitively with a rocking motion; to tumble, mix or shake.
- (in a booking system) to repeatedly cancel and rebook a reservation in order to refresh ticket time limits or other fare rule restrictions.
- A vessel used for churning.
- The time when a consumer switches his/her service provider.
- The mass of people who are ready to switch carriers, expressed by the formula Customer Quits/Customer base.
- Cyclic activity that achieves nothing.
- A digestive fluid containing fatty droplets, found in the small intestine.
- The thick semifluid mass of partly digested food that is passed from the stomach to the duodenum.
- A simple saddle girth used in Mexico.
- Something that is very easy to do.
- A firm hold.
- To bring to certain conclusion.
- To tighten down.
- A variety of auction pitch in which a draw to improve the hand is added, and the five of trumps (called "right Pedro") and the five of the same colour (called "left Pedro", and ranking between the five and the four of trumps) are each worth five. Fifty-one points make a game.
- In the game of cinch, to protect (a trick) by playing a higher trump than the five.
- A loud sound.
- A skirmish, a hostile encounter.
- a match; a game between two sides.
- An angry argument
- Opposition; contradiction; such as between differing or contending interests, views, purposes etc.
- A combination of garments that do not look good together, especially because of conflicting colours.
- An instance of restarting the game after a "dead ball", where it is dropped between two opposing players, who can fight for possession.
- to make a loud clash
- to come into violent conflict
- to argue angrily
- to not look good together.
- to coincide, to happen at the same time, thereby rendering it impossible to attend all.
- to face each other in an important game.
- The game of ninepins.
- A disease in the feet of cattle; laminitis.
- A woven fabric such as used in dressing, decorating, cleaning or other practical use.
- A piece of cloth used for a particular purpose.
- A form of attire that represents a particular profession.
- Priesthood, clergy.
Possible word length