Page 1 from 18
Total results: 18061
- Heavy goods vehicle (a lorry/truck weighing more than 3.5 tons).
- Hepatitis G virus.
- A dull, fairly quick explosive or percussive sound, as if made by a labouring engine.
- A large gulp of drink.
- A homemade Cuban boat, built to carry emigrants to the USA, and often abandoned upon arrival.
- To make dull explosive sounds.
- To move or travel whilst making such sounds.
- to drink a large amount (especially of beer) in a single action/without breathing; to chugalug. People usually chant this at the person who is drinking.
- A dog; a cross between a pug and a chihuahua.
- To solicit charitable donations on the street, particularly in a persistent manner.
- A person of Native American descent.
- The Albanian language spoken in Northern Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and southern Serbia.
- A sudden rapid outflow.
- To flow forth suddenly, in great volume.
- To make an excessive display of enthusiasm or sentiment.
- (of a woman, during orgasm) To ejaculate a clear fluid from the urethra
- Very elevated; extending or being far above a base; tall; lofty.
- Pertaining to (or, especially of a language: spoken in) in an area which is at a greater elevation, for example more mountainous, than other regions.
- Above the batter's shoulders.
- Relatively elevated; rising or raised above the average or normal level from which elevation is measured.
- Having a specified elevation or height; tall.
- Elevated in status, esteem, prestige; exalted in rank, station, or character.
- Most exalted; foremost.
- Of great importance and consequence: grave (if negative) or solemn (if positive).
- Consummate; advanced (e.g. in development) to the utmost extent or culmination, or possessing a quality in its supreme degree, at its zenith.
- Advanced in complexity (and hence potentially abstract and/or difficult to comprehend).
- Remote in distance or time.
- Very traditionalist and conservative, especially in favoring older ways of doing things; see e.g. .
- Elevated in mood; marked by great merriment, excitement, etc.
- Luxurious; rich.
- Lofty, often to the point of arrogant, haugty, boastful, proud.
- With tall waves.
- Large, great (in quantity, value, force, energy, etc).
- Having a large or comparatively larger concentration of (a substance,
- Acute or shrill in pitch, due to being of greater frequency, i.e. produced by more rapid vibrations (wave oscillations).
- Made with some part of the tongue positioned high in the mouth, relatively close to the palate.
- Greater in value than other cards, denominations, suits, etc.
- Having the highest rank in a straight, flush or straight flush.
- Winning; able to take a trick, win a round, etc.
- Strong-scented; slightly tainted/spoiled; beginning to decompose.
- Intoxicated; under the influence of a mood-altering drug, formerly (until the early 20th century) usually alcohol, but now (by the mid 20th century) usually not alcohol but rather marijuana, cocaine, heroin, etc.
- Near, in its direction of travel, to the (direction of the) wind.
- In or to an elevated position.
- In or at a great value.
- In a pitch of great frequency.
- A period of euphoria, from excitement or from an intake of drugs.
- A drug that gives such a high.
- A large area of elevated atmospheric pressure; an anticyclone.
- The maximum atmospheric temperature recorded at a particular location, especially during one 24-hour period.
- An elevated place; a superior region; a height; the sky; heaven.
- The highest card dealt or drawn.
- To rise.
- Thought; intention; determination; purpose.
- To hie; to hasten.
- Very large.
- Distinctly interesting, significant, important, likeable, well regarded.
- Matted material; rough massed hair, fibres etc.
- Coarse shredded tobacco.
- A type of rough carpet pile.
- To make hairy or shaggy; to roughen.
- hairy; shaggy
- Several species of sea birds in the family Phalacrocoracidae (cormorant family), especially the or Phalacrocorax aristotelis, found on European and African coasts.
- To shake, wiggle around.
- To have sexual intercourse with.
- To masturbate.
- To chase after; especially, to chase after and return (a ball) hit usually out of play.
- To perform the dance called the shag.
- A swing dance.
- An act of sexual intercourse.
- A casual sexual partner.
- A fundraising dance in honour of a couple engaged to be married.
- jolt, shake
- to jolt or shake
- to depart, frequently with "off"
- A deep, prolonged audible inhale and exhale of breath; as when fatigued, frustrated, grieved, or relieved; the act of sighing.
- Figuratively, a manifestation of grief; a lament.
- A person who is bored.
- To inhale a larger quantity of air than usual, and immediately expel it; to make a deep single audible respiration, especially as the result or involuntary expression of fatigue, exhaustion, grief, sorrow, frustration, or the like.
- To lament; to grieve.
- To utter sighs over; to lament or mourn over.
- To experience an emotion associated with sighing.
- To make a sound like sighing.
- To exhale (the breath) in sighs.
- To express by sighs; to utter in or with sighs.
- Someone with an intimidating and unseemly appearance and mannerisms, who treats others violently and roughly, often for hire.
- One of a band of assassins formerly active in northern India who worshipped and offered their victims to her.
- In gardening, an over-vigorous plant that spreads and dominates the flowerbed.
- To commit acts of thuggery, to live the life of a thug, or to dress and act in a manner reminiscent of someone who does.
- In a gushing state.
- Nigh; near; close by (to).
- Nigh; near.
- anything whatever, any part.
- whit, the smallest part, iota.
- The digit zero as the decade in years. For example, aught-nine for 1909 or 2009.
- At all, in any degree, in any respect.
- Of importance or consequence (in the phrase "of aught").
- Esteem, respect.
- Property; possession
- Duty; place; office
- to own, possess
- to owe, be obliged or obligated to
- possessed of
- Cannabis, especially as used in the Indian subcontinent.
- A measure of land in India, varying from a third of an acre to an acre.
- A corner, bend, or angle; a hollow
- An area of sea lying between two promontories, larger than a bay, wider than a gulf
- A bend or curve in a coastline, river, or other geographical feature.
- A curve in a rope
- A fungus, Inonotus obliquus, found in over-the-counter medical and nutritional treatments and as an ingredient in herbal tea.
- To push air from the lungs in a quick, noisy explosion.
- To force something out of the throat or lungs by coughing.
- To make a noise like a cough.
- A sudden, usually noisy expulsion of air from the lungs, often involuntary.
- A condition that causes one to cough; a tendency to cough.
- To deal with, handle.
- To have sexual intercourse with.
- To dispose, put (in a given state or condition).
- To compose, make.
- To furnish, equip.
- To dress, array; to adorn.
- To make ready, prepare.
- A thick, malleable substance made by mixing flour with other ingredients such as water, eggs, and/or butter, that is made into a particular form and then baked.
- To make into dough.
- a town in north Surrey, England.
- The digit/figure 8.
- Any of the four cards in a normal deck with the value eight.
- A light, narrow rowing boat, especially one used in competitive rowing, steered by a cox, in which eight rowers each have two oars.
- A race in which such craft participate.
- An island in a river; an ait.
- To contend in physical conflict, either singly or in war, battle etc.
- To strive for; to campaign or contend for success.
- To conduct or engage in (battle, warfare etc.).
- To engage in combat with; to oppose physically, to contest with.
- To try to overpower; to fiercely counteract.
- To cause to fight; to manage or manoeuvre in a fight.
- An occasion of fighting.
- A battle between opposing armies.
- A physical confrontation or combat between two or more people or groups.
- A boxing or martial arts match.
- A conflict, possibly nonphysical, with opposing ideas or forces; strife.
- The will or ability to fight.
- A screen for the combatants in ships.
- A pink and grey species of cockatoo, Eolophus roseicapilla, native to Australia.
- A fool, an idiot.
- To drop from a high place upon sharp stakes or hooks as a punishment.
- A form of plaster of Paris formerly used in Persia
- An ancient Hebrew unit of weight and currency equal to one twentieth of a shekel.
- Having a ghastly appearance; weird.
- An evil spirit or monster; a ghoul.
- form of: a steep ravine leading to the sea
- A hero or champion, especially as a Muslim against non-Muslims; often used as a title.
- Capital city of the province of East Flanders, Belgium.
- The spirit; the soul of man.
- The disembodied soul; the soul or spirit of a deceased person; a spirit appearing after death; an apparition; a specter.
- Any faint shadowy semblance; an unsubstantial image; a phantom; a glimmering.
- A false image formed in a telescope, camera, or other optical device by reflection from the surfaces of one or more lenses.
- An unwanted image similar to and overlapping or adjacent to the main one on a television screen, caused by the transmitted image being received both directly and via reflection.
- A ghostwriter.
- An unresponsive user on IRC, resulting from the user's client disconnecting without notifying the server.
- An image of a file or hard disk.
- An understudy.
- A covert (and deniable) agent.
- The faint image that remains after an attempt to remove graffiti.
- An opponent in a racing game that follows a previously recorded route, allowing players to compete against previous best times.
- A dead person whose identity is stolen by another. See
- White or
- Transparent or
- The of.
- Perceived or listed but not
- Of or nature.
- To haunt; to appear to in the form of an apparition.
- To die; to expire.
- To ghostwrite.
- To sail seemingly without wind.
- To copy a file or hard drive image.
- To gray out (a visual item) to indicate that it is unavailable.
- To forcibly disconnect an IRC user who is using one's reserved nickname.
- To appear without warning; To move quickly and quietly; to slip.
- to kill
- to break up with someone without warning or explanation (see ghosting)
- A spirit said to feed on corpses.
- A graverobber.
- A person with an undue interest in death and corpses.
- (Scotland/Northern England) A ravine.
- A band passed under the belly of an animal, which holds a saddle in place.
- The part of an animal around which the girth fits.
- One's waistline circumference, most often a large one.
- A small horizontal brace or girder.
- The distance measured around an object.
- The length of the shortest cycle in a graph.
- To bind as if with a girth or band.
- A figure carved in relief or incised, especially representing a sound, word, or idea.
- One of various figures used in Mayan writing.
- Any non-verbal symbol that imparts information.
- A visual representation of a letter, character, or symbol, in a specific font and style.
- A vertical groove.
- To grind (one's teeth) in pain or in anger.
- To grind between the teeth.
- To run away
- gushing; effusive and often emotional
- Pertaining to or like a hedge.
- Indecisive, hesitant, noncommittal, unwilling to take a side.
- notably borne by the German philosopher
- A steep crag or cliff, especially one with overhanging sides
- A glen with steep, overhanging sides
- A steep excavation, especially a coal pit
- pertaining to the Higgs mechanism/Higgs force
- Short form of Higgs boson.
- derived from a diminutive of the given name Roger.
- boggy, marshy, squelchy.
- In Hellenistic astrology, the planet with the greatest essential dignity in five important natal chart positions: the degree of the Sun; the degree of the Moon; the Ascendant; the Lot of Fortune; and the prenatal syzygy (that is, New Moon or Full Moon, whichever most closely preceded the birth).
- An expression of mirth particular to the human species; the sound heard in laughing; laughter.
- Something that provokes mirth or scorn.
- A fun person.
- To show mirth, satisfaction, or derision, by peculiar movement of the muscles of the face, particularly of the mouth, causing a lighting up of the face and eyes, and usually accompanied by the emission of explosive or chuckling sounds from the chest and throat; to indulge in laughter.
- To be or appear cheerful, pleasant, mirthful, lively, or brilliant; to sparkle; to sport.
- To make an object of laughter or ridicule; to make fun of; to deride; to mock.
- To affect or influence by means of laughter or ridicule.
- To express by, or utter with, laughter.
- Power, strength, force or influence held by a person or group.
- Physical strength.
- The ability to do something.
- Mighty; powerful; possible.
- Used to indicate conditional or possible actions.
- past of Used to indicate permission in past tense.
- past of Used to indicate possibility in past tense.
- The cry of a horse.
- to make its cry
- to make a sound similar to a horses' cry
- To scoff or sneer.
- A group of western Turkic people, including the Turks and Turkmens
- The county town of County Tyrone in Northern Ireland
- Indicating duty or obligation.
- Indicating advisability or prudence.
- Indicating desirability.
- Indicating likelihood or probability.
- spelling of; anything
- spelling of; at all, to any degree.
- A statement of what ought to be the case as contrasted with what is the case.
- spelling of; cipher, zero, nought.
- Straight, not bent.
- Of an angle, having a size of 90 degrees, or one quarter of a complete rotation; the angle between two perpendicular lines.
- Complying with justice, correctness or reason; correct, just, true.
- Appropriate, perfectly suitable; fit for purpose.
- Healthy, sane, competent.
- Real; veritable.
- All right; not requiring assistance.
- Most favourable or convenient; fortunate.
- Designating the side of the body which is positioned to the east if one is facing north. This arrow points to the right: →
- Designed to be placed or worn outward.
- Pertaining to the political right; conservative.
- On the right side.
- Towards the right side.
- Exactly, precisely.
- Immediately, directly.
- Very, extremely, quite.
- According to fact or truth; actually; truly; really.
- In a correct manner.
- To a great extent or degree.
- That which complies with justice, law or reason.
- A legal or moral entitlement.
- The right side or direction.
- The right hand.
- The ensemble of right-wing political parties; political conservatives as a group.
- The outward or most finished surface, as of a piece of cloth, a carpet, etc.
- To correct.
- To set upright.
- To return to normal upright position.
- To do justice to; to relieve from wrong; to restore rights to; to assert or regain the rights of.
- an ancient dynasty in China
- A twig cut from a tree.
- A lifting of the shoulders to signal indifference.
- A cropped, cardigan-like garment with short or long sleeves, typically knitted.
- To raise (the shoulders) to express uncertainty, lack of concern, (formerly) dread, etc.
- The ability to see.
- The act of seeing; perception of objects by the eye; view.
- Something seen.
- Something worth seeing; a spectacle.
- A device used in aiming a projectile, through which the person aiming looks at the intended target.
- A small aperture through which objects are to be seen, and by which their direction is settled or ascertained.
- a great deal, a lot; definition.
- In a drawing, picture, etc., that part of the surface, as of paper or canvas, which is within the frame or the border or margin. In a frame, the open space, the opening.
- The instrument of seeing; the eye.
- Mental view; opinion; judgment.
- To register visually.
- To get sight of (something).
- To apply sights to; to adjust the sights of; also, to give the proper elevation and direction to by means of a sight.
- To take aim at.
- A Gujarati surname that was later adopted by Sikhs
- name used by Sikhs, often but not necessarily a middle name.
- A surname common among the Rajput clan from Rajasthan, India
- A surname common among the states of Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh in India
- To make a soft rustling or murmuring sound.
- A murmuring sound; rushing, rustling, or whistling sound.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- A (deep) sigh.
- A vague rumour.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying.
- A small drain; an adit.
- The upper leg of a human, between the hip and the knee.
- That part of the leg of vertebrates (or sometimes other animals) which corresponds to the human thigh in position or function; the tibia of a horse, the tarsus of a bird; the third leg-section of an insect.
- Firmly held together; compact; not loose or open.
- Unyielding or firm
- Under high tension.
- Scarce, hard to come by.
- Intimately friendly.
- Miserly or frugal.
- Narrow, such that it is difficult for something or someone to pass through it.
- Fitting close, or too close, to the body.
- Of a turn, sharp, so that the timeframe for making it is narrow and following it is difficult.
- Lacking holes; difficult to penetrate; waterproof.
- Well-rehearsed and accurate in execution.
- Not conceding many goals.
- Intoxicated; drunk or acting like being drunk.
- Extraordinarily great or special.
- Mean; unfair; unkind.
- Not ragged; whole; neat; tidy.
- Handy; adroit; brisk.
- Of a player, who plays very few hands.
- Using a strategy which involves playing very few hands.
- Firmly, so as not to come loose easily.
- To tighten.
- Strong and resilient; sturdy.
- Difficult to cut or chew.
- Rugged or physically hardy.
- Harsh or severe.
- Rowdy or rough.
- Difficult or demanding.
- Undergoing plastic deformation before breaking.
- A person who obtains things by force; a thug or bully.
- To endure.
- To toughen.
- To determine the weight of an object.
- Often with "out", to measure a certain amount of something by its weight, e.g. for sale.
- To determine the intrinsic value or merit of an object, to evaluate.
- To judge; to estimate.
- To consider a subject.
- To have a certain weight.
- To have weight; to be heavy; to press down.
- To be considered as important; to have weight in the intellectual balance.
- To raise an anchor free of the seabed.
- To weigh anchor.
- To bear up; to raise; to lift into the air; to swing up.
- To consider as worthy of notice; to regard.
- A high-pitched ringing sound.
- To move with great force or speed.
- The state or condition of having aches.
- That aches; continuously painful.
- The feeling of an ache; a dull pain.
- To set in order; to array.
- A Northwest Caucasian language spoken in the Republic of Adygea, in the Russian Federation, also known as West Circassian.
- Terrified; struck with amazement; showing signs of terror or horror.
- Characteristic of ague
- To make light or less heavy; lighten; alleviate.
- To get off or exit a vehicle or animal; to descend; to dismount.
- To descend and settle, lodge, rest, or stop.
- To find by accident
- To light; light up; illuminate.
- To set light to; light.
- Lit, on fire, switched on.
- Lit; on fire, burning.
- a town in Northern Ireland, which is the county town of County Armagh.
- one of the six traditional counties in Northern Ireland, known as County Armagh.
- An analytic procedure in which a sample is heated in a furnace to leave a residue of ash, either to determine the gross mineral content, or as a preparation for further analysis
- The first decade of a century, such as 1900 to 1909 or 2000 to 2009, whose digit in the tens place is zero. The oughts, the noughties.
- Just drawn out of the ground, and hanging perpendicularly; atrip; said of the anchor.
- To hang round or about; depend; suspend; drape.
- To ornament; embellish.
- Draped; ornamented with something hanging.
- An Aboriginal person.
- any of many plant diseases causing damage to, or the death of, leaves, fruit or other parts
- the bacterium, virus or fungus that causes such a condition
- anything that impedes growth or development or spoils any other aspect of life
- To affect with blight; to blast; to prevent the growth and fertility of.
- To suffer blight.
- to spoil or ruin (something)
- A bend; flexure; curve; a hollow angle.
- A bend or hollow in a human or animal body.
- A curve or bend in a river, mountain chain, or other geographical feature.
- The part of a sling that contains the stone.
- A fold, bend, or coil in a tail, snake's body etc.
- Of the method of being out in which the striker hits the ball and a fielder catches it.
- A man of Asian ethnicity who is heavily influenced by hip-hop culture.
- A small tropical flea, Tunga penetrans, whose females burrow under the skin of animals, including humans, and lay their eggs, causing strong irritation and sores.
- Two species of bird of the genus Pyrrhocorax in the crow family Corvidae that breed mainly in high mountains and on coastal sea cliffs of Eurasia.
- The of genus Corcorax in the Australian mud-nest builders family, Corcoracidae, that inhabits dry woodlands.
- The ragwort, the national flower of the Isle of Man, which has a large stalk.
- A symbol used in Hebrew script to denote a geminated consonant, or a consonant pronounced as a plosive as opposed to as a fricative.
- A shrine associated with the grave of a Muslim saint or similar religious figure.
- A small open boat, propelled by oars or paddles, carried as a tender, lifeboat, or pleasure craft on a ship.
- An inflatable rubber life raft.
- To travel by dinghy.
- manhood, virtue
- the age of manhood, maturity
- virility, manly power or strength; excellence
- men, people
- a company, army, retinue
- Having the characteristics of dough especially in appearance or consistency: as
- pale and flabby
- soft and heavy
- name derived from the surname.
- A village/town in Illinois.
- A city/town in Kansas.
- A village in Nebraska.
- A city/village in North Dakota.
- A posset made of eggs, brandy, sugar, and ale.
- The ordinal form of the number eight.
- The person or thing in the eighth position.
- One of eight equal parts of a whole.
- An eighth of an ounce, or approximately 3.5 grams, of marijuana or other drugs.
- Sufficient; all that is required, needed, or appropriate.
- Fully; quite; used to express slight augmentation of the positive degree, and sometimes equivalent to very.
- A sufficient or adequate number, amount, etc.
- The act of flying.
- An instance of flying.
- A collective term for doves or swallows.
- A trip made by an aircraft, particularly one between two cities or countries, which is often planned or reserved in advance.
- A set of stairs or an escalator. A series of stairs between landings.
- A floor which is reached by stairs or escalators.
- A feather on an arrow or dart used to help it follow an even path.
- A paper plane.
- The movement of a spinning ball through the air - concerns its speed, trajectory and drift.
- The ballistic trajectory of an arrow or other projectile.
- An aerodynamic surface designed to guide such a projectile's trajectory.
- An air force unit.
- Several sample glasses of a specific wine varietal or other beverage. The pours are smaller than a full glass and the flight will generally include three to five different samples.
- The shaped material forming the thread of a screw.
- Fast, swift.
- To throw the ball in such a way that it has more airtime and more spin than usual.
- To throw or kick something so as to send it flying with more loft or airtime than usual.
- The act of fleeing.
- A state of terror excited by the sudden appearance of danger; sudden and violent fear, usually of short duration; a sudden alarm.
- Anything strange, ugly or shocking, producing a feeling of alarm or aversion.
- To frighten.
- frightened; afraid; affright
- A waterproof overshoe used to provide protection from rain or snow.
- A waterproof rubber boot, intended to be worn in wet or muddy conditions.
- name of Welsh origin; name of a knight in the Arthurian romance.
- Overly ostentatious; so colourful as to be in bad taste.
- Having gashes; slashed.
- To collect; normally separate things.
- Especially, to harvest food.
- To accumulate over time, to amass little by little.
- To congregate, or assemble.
- To grow gradually larger by accretion.
- To bring parts of a whole closer.
- To add pleats or folds to a piece of cloth, normally to reduce its width.
- To bring stitches closer together.
- To bring together, or nearer together, in masonry, as for example where the width of a fireplace is rapidly diminished to the width of the flue.
- To haul in; to take up.
- To infer or conclude; to know from a different source.
- To be filled with pus
- To collect molten glass on the end of a tool.
- To gain; to win.
- A plait or fold in cloth, made by drawing a thread through it; a pucker.
- The inclination forward of the axle journals to keep the wheels from working outward.
- The soffit or under surface of the masonry required in gathering. See gather (transitive verb).
- A blob of molten glass collected on the end of a blowpipe.
- Of or pertaining to the Gathas.
- Awkward or lacking in social graces; bumbling.
- Skewed, not plane.
- Describing a torsion angle of 60°.
- Somewhat gay (homosexual); gay to a certain extent.
- A wheeled cart or carriage (usually horsedrawn).
- A jeep or small truck for conveying troops.
- A poetic form mostly used for love poetry in Middle Eastern, South, and Central Asian poetry.
- A Zoroastrian; a Parsi.
- A protest in which a group of people surrounds a politician, building, etc. until demands are met.
- To surround for this purpose.
- A hot, dust-carrying desert wind in North Africa, somewhat similar to the foehn.
- ghost (especially a non-frightening one)
- A problem affecting function; a bug; an imperfection; a quirk
- A bug or an exploit.
- A genre of experimental electronic music of the 1990s, characterized by a deliberate use of sonic artifacts that would normally be viewed as unwanted noise.
- A signal which does not remain active for a full clock period.<ref >Microchip, "Application Notes", #1451-A, http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/01451A.pdf
- To experience an intermittent, unexpected, malfunction
- To perform an exploit or recreate a bug while playing a video game.
- To swallow.
- A mouthful.
- a rural community in Nova Scotia, Canada.
- a small town in Alabama, USA.
- a small city in Arkansas, USA.
- a CDP in California, USA.
- a town in Connecticut, USA.
- a city in Indiana, USA
- a small city in Kentucky, USA.
- a town in Massachusetts, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Missouri, USA.
- a town in New Hampshire, USA.
- an unincorporated community in New Jersey, USA.
- a town and village in New York, USA; the village is the county seat of
- a CDP in Ohio, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Ohio.
- an unincorporated community in Oregon, USA.
- an abandoned settlement in Texas, USA.
- unincorporated communities in and Texas.
- a town in Utah, USA.
- a small town in Vermont, USA.
- a small town in Virginia, USA.
- an extinct town in Washington, USA.
- an unincorporated community in West Virginia, USA.
- Nickname for New York City.
- A village in Nottinghamshire, England, associated in folklore with insanity.
- of or relating to a goy, not Jewish
- To make ready; prepare; put in order; make fit for use.
- To dress (someone or oneself) or be dressed.
- Preparation; arrangement; condition.
- Accoutrements: clothes, materials, equipment, furniture, etc.
- A grouch or killjoy.
- A person who aggressively sets out to ruin the Christmas holidays for others.
- A complaint, a grumble, a fit of ill-humor.
- One who is grumpy or irritable.
- To be grumpy or irritable; to complain.
- An increase in size, number, value, or strength.
- The act of growing, getting bigger or higher.
- Something that grows or has grown.
- An abnormal mass such as a tumor.
- To murmur, complain.
- A complaint.
- A creole of English and various African languages spoken on a group of islands off the coast of the Carolinas and Georgia in the Southern United States.
- The culture surrounding this language and geography.
- A member of the Gullah culture.
- Pertaining to the Gullah language and culture.
- A traditional Aboriginal dwelling made of bark and sticks.
- One that gushes.
- An oil well that has a natural flow and so requires no pumping.
- An arquebus, a firearm with a long barrel.
- One of several species of sea birds of the genus Puffinus, especially, (syn. Puffinus gravis, the and the or
- A book of the Old Testament of the Bible and the Tanakh.
- Like a hag; lean; ugly.
- a traditional Scottish dish made from minced offal and oatmeal etc, boiled in the stomach of a sheep etc; traditionally served with neeps and tatties and accompanied with whisky.
- To argue for a better deal, especially over prices with a seller.
- To hack (cut crudely)
- To stick at small matters; to chaffer; to higgle.
- One who is executed by hanging.
- A hook in a chimney for hanging a pot; a hanger.
- A form of hanger by which the scabbard of a sword was suspended, attached not necessarily to the girdle, but sometimes to two rings fastened to the cuirass at its bottom edge, one over the left hip, the other near the middle of the back.
- spelling of To give a forceful and lengthy lecture or criticism to someone
- Something owned; possession; goods; estate.
- The act of saying "haw", in intermission or hesitation of speech.
- The act of gathering hay.
- An initiation or behavior that involves humiliation, harassment or abuse, particularly in universities and in the military.
- Offset by another financial asset.
- name occasionally borrowed from
- A kind of sorghum used as animal feed.
- The act of one who hews or chops.
- The act of casting a hex or curse.
- A tax formerly paid to the kings of England for every hide of land.
- A state of concealment.
- A place of concealment.
- A beating or spanking.
- To hawk or peddle provisions.
- To wrangle (over a price, terms of an agreement, etc.)
- A national school-leaving examination and university entrance qualification.
- In a high or esteemed manner.
- Extremely; greatly; very much.
- Walking in the countryside for pleasure or sport.
- Affixed by a hinge, as a door.
- Extremely high on drugs.
- Affixed with a stamp hinge
- The act by which an employee is hired.
- A sandwich made on a (usually soft) long Italian roll; a submarine sandwich.
- The act of digging, weeding, etc. with a hoe.
- Broken or strained so as to have an upward curve between the ends.
- Agent noun of hog; one who, or that which, hogs.
- A stocking without a foot, worn by coal miners at work.
- A marijuana cigarette
- A shot that comes to rest short of or on the far hog line and is removed from play
- A mixture of clay, gravel and sand, used as a base for laying pavements and paths
- The pignut or hickory ( of family Juglandaceae).
- a tuberous plant of the Apiaceae.
- Bunium bulbocastanum (black cumin) of the Apiaceae.
- Certain particularly (syn. of the Fabaceae.
- of the Lamiaceae.
- undercutting in a bed of coal in order to bring down the upper mass
- A demonstration of respect, such as towards an individual after their retirement or death
- An artistic work imitating another in a flattering style. Recently, the pronunciation /oʊˈmɒːʒ/ has been introduced from French for this usage; see hommage, which preserves the French spelling.
- In feudalism, the formal oath of a vassal to honor his or her lord's rights.
- To pay reverence to by external action.
- To cause to pay homage.
- The process by which something is honed.
- Filled with or inspiring hope.
- A spraying or washing with a hose.
- Material used for making hosiery.
- greatly; to a huge extent
- One who hugs or embraces.
- To conceal; to lurk in ambush.
- To hug and snuggle simultaneously: gesture of tender non-sexual affection.
- To hug and cuddle.
- To huddle.
- A hug while snuggling: gesture of tender non-sexual affection.
- derived from the given name Hugh.
- A Welsh surname; a variant of Howells.
- A city in Alaska.
- A city in Arkansas.
- A town in Wisconsin.
- A diminutive of the male given name Hugh.
- An imaginary god or higher power responsible for rain.
- Imaginary god who creates surf (waves, and associated conditions).
- Affected by hunger; desiring of food; having a physical need for food.
- Eager, having an avid desire (‘appetite’) for something.
- Not rich or fertile; poor; barren; starved.
- Of or pertaining to or
- Of, or pertaining to Ingushetia, a republic of Russia.
- A person from Ingushetia
- A Caucasian language spoken in and around Ingushetia
- An assignment of the produce and income of a particular district or village to a person or persons, as an annuity; also, the district itself.
- An ancient city in Sumer, in what is today's southeast Iraq.
- Causing laughter; comical.
- The distance measured along the longest dimension of an object.
- The length of a horse, used to indicate the distance between horses at the end of a race.
- Distance between the two ends of a line segment.
- The distance down the pitch that the ball bounces on its way to the batsman.
- Total extent.
- Part of something that is long; a physical piece of something.
- To lengthen.
- The lungs, now only of an animal (being lighter than adjacent parts).
- name, a pseudo-Irish spelling of the Welsh Megan.
- Influential, powerful beings.
- A warrior of great strength and courage.
- Very strong; possessing might.
- Very heavy and powerful.
- Accomplished by might; hence, extraordinary; wonderful.
- Excellent, extremely good.
- Very; to a high degree.
- a longstanding religious custom or tradition that is not required by Jewish law
- A head of the Mongolian dynasty founded by Zahīr-ud-Dīn Muhammed Bābur (1483-1530) which controlled large parts of southern Asia from the 16th to the 19th centuries.
- A Mongol or Mongolian, especially a member or follower of the Moghul dynasty.
- An important or successful person; a magnate. (Now usually as
- a small city in Nebraska, USA, which is the county seat of It was named after John D. Neligh.
- At night.
- Every night.
- Nothing; something which does not exist.
- A thing or person of no worth or value; nil.
- Not any quantity of number; zero; the score of no points in a game.
- The figure or character representing, or having the shape of, zero.
- Good for nothing; worthless.
- Wicked, immoral.
- To abase, to set at nought.
- To no extent; in no way; not at all.
- Nothing; zero.
- Resembling or characteristic of an ogre.
- An amount of electrical resistance measured in ohms.
- The first decade of a century, such as the 1900s, 2000 to 2009, etc, where the digit in the tens place is zero.
- State in western Malaysia which has Kuantan as its capital.
- One of the four humors making up the body in ancient and mediaeval medicine; said to be cold and moist, and often identified with mucus.
- Viscid mucus produced by the body, later especially mucus expelled from the bronchial passages by coughing.
- A watery distillation, especially one obtained from plant matter; an aqueous solution.
- Calmness of temperament, composure; also seen negatively, sluggishness, indifference.
- A photographer, especially a professional one.
- The name of a mountain in the Bible. Usually refers to biblical Mount Pisgah or Mount Nebo.
- A dire or unfortunate situation.
- A (neutral) condition or state.
- Good health.
- Responsibility for ensuing consequences; risk; danger; peril.
- An instance of danger or peril; a dangerous moment or situation.
- Blame; culpability; fault; wrong-doing; sin; crime.
- One's office; duty; charge.
- That which is exposed to risk; that which is plighted or pledged; security; a gage; a pledge.
- To expose to risk; to pledge.
- Specifically, to pledge (one's troth etc.) as part of a marriage ceremony.
- To promise (oneself) to someone, or to do something.
- To weave; to braid; to fold; to plait.
- A network; a plait; a fold; rarely a garment.
- An edible clam with a hard shell found along the Atlantic Coast of North America, from species Mercenaria mercenaria, formerly Venus mercenaria.
- The largest size of quahog, generally considered only fit for use in chowders and other clam dishes.
- A similar edible clam found along coasts around the North Atlantic, generally in deeper waters, the or
- To dig for quahogs.
- a traditional, shallow, two-handled Scottish cup symbolising friendship
- a two-handled drinking vessel
- A right-handed person.
- A fish in family
- The orange roughy,
- Any of several marine fish of the related genus which have rough and spiny scales.
- Reconciliation; peace.
- To reconcile; become reconciled.
- Reconciled; agreed; at one.
- Rough with long or thick hair, fur or wool; unshaven, ungroomed, or unbrushed.
- Rough; rugged; jaggy.
- A ditch, especially a field boundary ditch usually used to drain fields and mark their boundaries.
- The space between the buttocks.
- The act of one who shies or turns aside in fear.
- Things worth seeing in a particular place.
- A device through which one looks in order to aim a rifle or similar weapon.
- Small in amount, gentle, or weak not decidedly marked; not forcible; inconsiderable; unimportant; insignificant; not severe.
- Not stout or heavy; slender.
- Even, smooth or level; still (of the sea).
- Foolish; silly; weak in intellect.
- Bad, of poor quality (as, goods).
- To treat as slight or not worthy of attention; to make light of.
- To treat with disdain or neglect, usually out of prejudice, hatred, or jealousy; to ignore disrespectfully.
- To act negligently or carelessly.
- To render no longer defensible by full or partial demolition.
- To make even or level.
- To throw heedlessly.
- The act of slighting; a deliberate act of neglect or discourtesy.
- A sound; a groan or moan; a sough.
- A swoon.
- A community in Yukon, Canada
- A language spoken in the territory
- A thing (used in a vague way to refer to something whose name one cannot recall).
- Despite that; however.
- Used to intensify statements or questions; indeed.
- Despite the fact that; although.
- If, that, even if.
- To thrust; crowd; press; squeeze.
- To push; to force one's way.
- A group of people crowded or gathered closely together; a multitude.
- A group of things; a host or swarm.
- To crowd into a place, especially to fill it.
- To congregate.
- To crowd or press, as persons; to oppress or annoy with a crowd of living beings.
- Filled with persons or objects; crowded.
- A close-fitting, sheer or non-sheer skin-tight garment worn principally by women and girls that covers the body completely from the waist down, usually including the feet.
- A similar, non-sheer garment worn by dancers of either sex, especially by ballet dancers.
- A garment, similar to briefs, worn chiefly by professional wrestlers.
- In blasting rock, a piece of unbroken rock within the pay limit of a blast.
- A long, narrow container, open on top, for feeding or watering animals.
- Any similarly shaped container.
- A rectangular container used for washing or rinsing clothes.
- A short, narrow canal designed to hold water until it drains or evaporates.
- A gutter under the eaves of a building; an eaves trough.
- A channel for conveying water or other farm liquids (such as milk) from place to place by gravity; any ‘U’ or ‘V’ cross-sectioned irrigation channel.
- A long, narrow depression between waves or ridges; the low portion of a wave cycle.
- A linear atmospheric depression associated with a weather front.
- To eat in a vulgar style, as if from a trough.
- A calligraphic signature of an Ottoman sultan (and some other rulers to the present day) that was affixed to official documents, carved on his seal, and stamped on coins and inscribed on some stamps issued during his reign.
- To take down something (such as a picture) from a hanging position
- Not (yet) executed by hanging; unhanged.
- Not selected for exhibition.
- Cooked without being hung to mature.
- A gushing upward.
- To gush upward.
- To hang up.
- To suspend or fix aloft.
- of origin, variant of Vaughan.
- name transferred from the surname.
- Any of several cities in Montana, New Mexico, or Washington.
- To complain, especially in an annoying or persistent manner.
- To whine.
- A cry.
- A peevish complaint.
- The illegitimate child of an unmarried woman and a married man.
- In the midst of flying.
- A homiletic and non-legalistic exegetical text in the classical rabbinic literature of Judaism, particularly as recorded in the Talmud and Midrash. A parable that demonstrates a point of the Law in the Talmud.
- Text which is recited at Seder during the first and second nights of Passover, focused on the freeing of Israel from Egyptian bondage as described in the Book of Exodus. (See also the more modern Haggadah)
- The sayings of Jesus found in various ancient texts but not in the four Gospels.
- From high, from a high point.
- At full length; lengthwise.
- the national parliament of Iceland
- A register or form of English that gives preference to words of Germanic origin over words of other (especially Latin, French, or Greek) origin.
- Of, in, or pertaining to this form of English.
- Extreme pain, either of body or mind; excruciating distress.
- To suffer pain.
- To cause to suffer pain.
- In the night time; at night.
- The condition of difficulty in swallowing.
- The arched part of a structure.
- hogging, opposed to sagging
- The capital of, and largest city in Iraq, situated in the center of the country on the Tigris river; an ancient city and historical center of the Muslim world.
- A city of Afghanistan, name of Baghlan Province
- A type of laundry in which the washing was returned to the customer in a bag, undried and unpressed.
- An instance of bashing; a physical attack.
- Designed for use whilst bathing.
- The act of taking a bath.
- One of an association of religious laymen living in semimonastic communities in imitation of the Beguines, and influenced by Albigensian teachings and by the
- To hedge about; surround with or as with a hedge.
- To determine the boundary or limit of; define.
- To surround; beset; plague; hinder.
- To straiten; restrict; constrain; limit.
- To vow, promise (someone).
- To be designated.
- To give in trust; to commit; to entrust.
- To mean, or intend.
- To consider or esteem to be; to declare to be.
- To call; to name; to address.
- To command; to order.
- To light up; illuminate.
- To become lit up; shine up; dawn.
- To overtake with night.
- To be caught out by oncoming night before reaching one's destination
- To darken
- Either of two North American species of sheep, Ovis canadensis and Ovis dalli, having large, curving horns.
- Having (a specified kind of) boughs.
- Relating to a burgh or borough.
- A type of bearing, a cylindrical lining designed to reduce friction and wear inside a hole, often used as a casing for a shaft, pin or hinge.
- An elastic bearing used as a type of vibration isolator, commonly made of rubber. An interface between two parts, damping the movement and the energy transmitted.
- A threaded bushing, is a fastener element that is inserted into an object, usually to add a threaded hole in a softer or thin material.
- A lining for an opening through which a conductor passes, providing insulation and mechanical protection for the conductor.
- An adapter for joining pipes of different size.
- The act by which something is chafed.
- An inflammatory nodule at the bite site of the reduviid bug which transmits Chagas disease.
- Distress of mind caused by a failure of aims or plans, want of appreciation, mistakes etc; vexation or mortification.
- A type of leather or skin with a rough surface. Online
- To bother or vex; to mortify.
- To be vexed or annoyed.
- Someone or something who changes things.
- Someone or something that changes or transforms itself.
- A device that charges or recharges.
- A large horse trained for battle and used by the cavalry. They were of a lighter build than a destrier
- A large platter.
- A large decorative plate, sometimes used under dinner plates or other savoury-dish vessels in a multi-course meal; also service plate or underplate
- One who charges.
- A speedloader that holds several cartridges together in a single unit for easier loading of a firearm's magazine.
- A rectal concealment container for prohibited material such as money, drugs and tools.
- Engraved or embossed decoration.
- participle of, i.e. nonstandard variant of chewing.
- an unincorporated CDP in McHenry County, Illinois, USA.
- a town in Chemung County, New York, USA, named after the Chemung River.
- an unincorporated community in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, USA.
- a river in New York State.
- A capitation tax; an equal tax or tribute per person.
- The consumption of (the juice from) the khat plant.
- A chigoe (Tunga penetrans), a kind of flea found in tropical climates.
- A harvest mite, a very small, red mite endemic to the Midwestern and Southeastern US, the infestation of which causes intense itching.
- An East Asian person who behaves in ways similar to a stereotypical urban African American.
- A roll or twist of hair worn at the nape of the neck; a bun.
- A temporary swelling on a neonate's head after a ventouse-assisted delivery.
- An instance of chiming; a sound that chimes.
Possible word length