Page 2 from 81
Total results: 83844
- Nonsensical talk or thinking.
- Superfluous information.
- Insolent or otherwise unacceptable remarks.
- To break wind.
- To mislead.
- A West African antelope (Tragelaphus scriptus), marked with white stripes and spots on a reddish fawn ground; the
- The throat; the gullet.
- A hollow place in the earth; an abyss; a deep chasm or basin.
- That which swallows; the gullet.
- That which swallows irretrievably; a whirlpool; a sucking eddy.
- A portion of an ocean or sea extending into the land; a partially landlocked sea
- A large deposit of ore in a lode.
- A difference, especially a large difference, between groups
- The usual amount swallowed.
- The sound of swallowing, sometimes indicating fear.
- To swallow eagerly, or in large draughts; to swallow up; to take down at one swallow.
- To react nervously by swallowing.
- dirt or grime; any vague or unknown substance
- A subculture of 21st century American males, combining elements of modern gothic culture with punk rock.
- A member of the gunk subculture.
- To soil or make dirty
- A sudden rapid outflow.
- To flow forth suddenly, in great volume.
- To make an excessive display of enthusiasm or sentiment.
- (of a woman, during orgasm) To ejaculate a clear fluid from the urethra
- A roundlet of the sanguine tincture, which is blazoned without mention of the tincture.
- To change tack with the wind crossing behind the boat. (Mostly used of boats and other small sailing craft — the corresponding manoeuver in a sailing ship is to wear.)
- To shift a fore-and-aft sail suddenly and forcefully from one side to the other, while sailing before the wind. (also jibe.)
- To sneer (see gibe.)
- gybe at: to hesitate, vacillate, or balk when faced with a proposal, plan, or course of action. (Obsolete)
- The act of gybing.
- A sudden shift of a sail's angle, or a sudden change in the direction that a boat is sailing.
- A sudden change in direction or approach; vacillation.
- A sneer. (see gibe.)
- Fermented wort used for making vinegar.
- The primary reproductive female caste of social insects (especially ants, wasps, and bees), those destined to become queens.
- fool; clumsy, awkward person
- long-legged person
- silly girl
- a swirling vortex
- a circular current, especially a large-scale ocean current
- A circular motion, or a circle described by a moving body; a turn or revolution; a circuit.
- to whirl
- A shackle or fetter, especially for the leg.
- to shackle, fetter, chain
- Very elevated; extending or being far above a base; tall; lofty.
- Pertaining to (or, especially of a language: spoken in) in an area which is at a greater elevation, for example more mountainous, than other regions.
- Above the batter's shoulders.
- Relatively elevated; rising or raised above the average or normal level from which elevation is measured.
- Having a specified elevation or height; tall.
- Elevated in status, esteem, prestige; exalted in rank, station, or character.
- Most exalted; foremost.
- Of great importance and consequence: grave (if negative) or solemn (if positive).
- Consummate; advanced (e.g. in development) to the utmost extent or culmination, or possessing a quality in its supreme degree, at its zenith.
- Advanced in complexity (and hence potentially abstract and/or difficult to comprehend).
- Remote in distance or time.
- Very traditionalist and conservative, especially in favoring older ways of doing things; see e.g. .
- Elevated in mood; marked by great merriment, excitement, etc.
- Luxurious; rich.
- Lofty, often to the point of arrogant, haugty, boastful, proud.
- With tall waves.
- Large, great (in quantity, value, force, energy, etc).
- Having a large or comparatively larger concentration of (a substance,
- Acute or shrill in pitch, due to being of greater frequency, i.e. produced by more rapid vibrations (wave oscillations).
- Made with some part of the tongue positioned high in the mouth, relatively close to the palate.
- Greater in value than other cards, denominations, suits, etc.
- Having the highest rank in a straight, flush or straight flush.
- Winning; able to take a trick, win a round, etc.
- Strong-scented; slightly tainted/spoiled; beginning to decompose.
- Intoxicated; under the influence of a mood-altering drug, formerly (until the early 20th century) usually alcohol, but now (by the mid 20th century) usually not alcohol but rather marijuana, cocaine, heroin, etc.
- Near, in its direction of travel, to the (direction of the) wind.
- In or to an elevated position.
- In or at a great value.
- In a pitch of great frequency.
- A period of euphoria, from excitement or from an intake of drugs.
- A drug that gives such a high.
- A large area of elevated atmospheric pressure; an anticyclone.
- The maximum atmospheric temperature recorded at a particular location, especially during one 24-hour period.
- An elevated place; a superior region; a height; the sky; heaven.
- The highest card dealt or drawn.
- To rise.
- Thought; intention; determination; purpose.
- To hie; to hasten.
- Very large.
- Distinctly interesting, significant, important, likeable, well regarded.
- A short spur or stiff projection from the trunk or branch of a tree, such as the stunted dead branch of a fir
- A peg or hook for hanging something on
- One of the points of a stag's horn or a tine
- A knot in a piece of wood or the base of a branch
- A pointed rock or crag
- A small cask or barrel; a keg or noggin
- The woodpecker
- To hang something on a peg
- To kill (a player character) who ganked you
- viscous streaks left on the inside of the glass when certain wines are swirled around before tasting
- To lie; to tell lies.
- A double curve in the shape of an elongated S; an object of that shape
- A pointed arch made from two ogees
- An inflection point.
- The malar or cheekbone prominence transitioning into the mid-cheek hollow.
- The bubble-shaped chamber of a pot still that connects the swan neck to the pot and allows distillate to expand, condense, and fall back into the pot.
- A revel involving indiscriminate group sexual activity.
- Excessive indulgence in a specified activity.
- A city in Burma near Rangoon.
- A tinker.
- A petty thief or pickpocket.
- A deliberately superior person; a person who demonstrates an exaggerated conformity or propriety, especially in an irritatingly arrogant or smug manner.
- A conceited dandy; a fop.
- To filch or steal.
- To ride
- To copulate
- quagmire; marsh; bog.
- A type of grain, Eleusine coracana, cultivated as a cereal in arid areas of Africa and Asia; finger millet.
- A type of yeast traditionally used in winemaking, baking, and brewing, now identified as Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Low-grade or commercial-grade marijuana.
- A woman of loose morals.
- To destroy the data on a disk, either by corrupting the filesystem or by causing media damage.
- Shade, shadow.
- A shelter, a sheltered place (especially on the side of a hill).
- A squirrel.
- A lower-school or inferior boy.
- To shelter; to protect.
- To hide; to take shelter.
- Matted material; rough massed hair, fibres etc.
- Coarse shredded tobacco.
- A type of rough carpet pile.
- To make hairy or shaggy; to roughen.
- hairy; shaggy
- Several species of sea birds in the family Phalacrocoracidae (cormorant family), especially the or Phalacrocorax aristotelis, found on European and African coasts.
- To shake, wiggle around.
- To have sexual intercourse with.
- To masturbate.
- To chase after; especially, to chase after and return (a ball) hit usually out of play.
- To perform the dance called the shag.
- A swing dance.
- An act of sexual intercourse.
- A casual sexual partner.
- A fundraising dance in honour of a couple engaged to be married.
- jolt, shake
- to jolt or shake
- to depart, frequently with "off"
- A deep, prolonged audible inhale and exhale of breath; as when fatigued, frustrated, grieved, or relieved; the act of sighing.
- Figuratively, a manifestation of grief; a lament.
- A person who is bored.
- To inhale a larger quantity of air than usual, and immediately expel it; to make a deep single audible respiration, especially as the result or involuntary expression of fatigue, exhaustion, grief, sorrow, frustration, or the like.
- To lament; to grieve.
- To utter sighs over; to lament or mourn over.
- To experience an emotion associated with sighing.
- To make a sound like sighing.
- To exhale (the breath) in sighs.
- To express by sighs; to utter in or with sighs.
- A fin-like structure to the rear of the keel of a vessel that supports the rudder and protects a propeller.
- A similar construction on a boat that acts as a keel.
- A fin that serves to stabilize a surfboard.
- A sort of wild plum.
- A kind of oat.
- A surfer; a person who leads a surfing lifestyle.
- A stump or base of a branch that has been lopped off; a short branch, or a sharp or rough branch; a knot; a protuberance.
- Any sharp protuberant part of an object, which may catch, scratch, or tear other objects brought into contact with it.
- A tooth projecting beyond the others; a broken or decayed tooth.
- A tree, or a branch of a tree, fixed in the bottom of a river or other navigable water, and rising nearly or quite to the surface, by which boats are sometimes pierced and sunk.
- A problem or difficulty with something.
- A pulled thread or yarn, as in cloth.
- One of the secondary branches of an antler.
- To catch or tear (e.g. fabric) upon a rough surface or projection.
- To fish by means of dragging a large hook or hooks on a line, intending to impale the body (rather than the mouth) of the target.
- To obtain or pick up (something).
- To stealthily steal with legerdemain prowess (something).
- To cut the snags or branches from, as the stem of a tree; to hew roughly.
- A light meal.
- A sausage.
- A goal.
- A misnaged, an opponent to Chassidic Judaism (more likely modern, for cultural reasons).
- To drag a log along the ground by means of a chain fastened at one end.
- To sneak.
- To chop off; to cut.
- A small eel.
- To kiss passionately.
- A passionate kiss.
- A small, comfortable back room in a pub.
- A lug.
- Comfortable; cosy (cozy); satisfactory.
- Close; concealed; not exposed to notice.
- To make secure or snug.
- To snuggle or nestle.
- An adult male deer.
- A colt, or filly.
- A romping girl.
- An improperly or late castrated bull or ram – also called a bull seg (see note under ox).
- An outside irregular dealer in stocks, who is not a member of the exchange.
- One who applies for the allotment of shares in new projects, with a view to sell immediately at a premium, and not to hold the stock.
- The Eurasian wren, Troglodytes troglodytes.
- An unmarried male, a bachelor; a male not accompanying a female at a social event.
- A social event for males held in honor of a groom on the eve of his wedding, attended by male friends of the groom, sometimes a fund-raiser.
- A stag beetle (family
- To act as a "stag", an irregular dealer in stocks.
- To watch; to dog, or keep track of.
- Of a man, attending a formal social function without a date.
- To drink (usually by gulping or in a greedy or unrefined manner); to quaff.
- To suck.
- To take up the last bit of slack in rigging by taking a single turn around a cleat, then hauling on the line above and below the cleat while keeping tension on the line (also: sweating)
- A long draught from a drink.
- A tackle with ropes which are not parallel.
- Warm beer flavoured with spices, lemon, etc.
- A sheep in its second year or before its first shearing.
- The wool from such a sheep.
- Someone with an intimidating and unseemly appearance and mannerisms, who treats others violently and roughly, often for hire.
- One of a band of assassins formerly active in northern India who worshipped and offered their victims to her.
- In gardening, an over-vigorous plant that spreads and dominates the flowerbed.
- To commit acts of thuggery, to live the life of a thug, or to dress and act in a manner reminiscent of someone who does.
- 2016, San Francisco Examiner
- Clothes for a specific occasion or use.
- swimsuit, both the women's and men's tight-fitting type (in some regions referred to as "speedos").
- True; trusty; trustworthy; faithful.
- Safe; secure.
- Tight; firm; steady; sound; in good condition or health.
- Neat; tidy; trim; spruce; smart.
- Active; clever.
- A dandy; coxcomb.
- A trigonometric point, trig point.
- A stone, block of wood, or anything else, placed under a wheel or barrel to prevent motion; a scotch; a skid.
- To stop (a wheel, barrel, etc.) by placing something under it; to scotch; to skid.
- To fill; to stuff; to cram.
- A shallow, oval basket used for gardening
- A trough or tray.
- A hod for mortar.
- An old measure of wheat equal to two thirds of a bushel.
- A concubine; a harlot.
- A small thin branch of a tree or bush.
- To beat with twigs.
- To realise something; to catch on.
- To understand the meaning of (a person); to comprehend.
- To observe slyly; also, to perceive; to discover.
- To twitch; to pull; to tweak.
- a cross between a tangerine, Citrus reticulata and grapefruit grown in the West Indies.
- Displeasing to the eye; not aesthetically pleasing.
- Displeasing to the ear or some other sense.
- Offensive to one's sensibilities or morality.
- Ill-natured; crossgrained; quarrelsome.
- Unpleasant; disagreeable; likely to cause trouble or loss.
- An ugly person or thing.
- A shade for the face, projecting from a bonnet.
- To make ugly (sometimes with up).
- A city on the southwest coast of Galicia, Spain.
- A small village in Kent, England.
- The grivet (an African monkey) -
- A person who breaks open safes; a burglar.
- In Hindu theology, an epoch or era within a cycle of four ages: the Satya Yuga (or Krita Yuga), the Dvapara Yuga, the Treta Yuga and finally the Kali Yuga, with lengths ranging from 432,000 to 1,728,000 years.
- A short high-pitched humming sound, such as that made by a bullet or vibrating string.
- A witty insult or derogatory remark.
- Zest or vitality.
- Pleasant or exciting flavour of food.
- To move very quickly, especially while making a high-pitched hum.
- An old saying which has obtained credit by long use
- An old saying which has been overused or considered a cliché; a trite maxim
- The goddess/personification of good health and the glow of health, one of the daughters of Asclepius.
- Short for one of the main belt asteroids.
- A South American bird, Psophia crepitans, allied to the cranes, and easily domesticated.
- absence or nonrecognition of marriage
- asexual reproduction
- In a state of gasping.
- Of the nature of agate, or containing agate.
- A high tide in which the water rises to a given level, recedes, and then rises again.
- A low tide in which the water recedes to a given level, rises, and then recedes again.
- In ancient Roman construction, an earthwork; a mound; a raised work.
- Aggravation; bother.
- Aggressive behaviour; loud, intimidating behaviour that convincingly threatens violence without necessarily actually becoming violent.
- A measure of how belligerent a player is – a high value may inspire either avoidance or preemptive hostile action from enemies.
- Hostile attention from an enemy that should target players with better defenses.
- Liable to attack without being attacked first (said of monsters).
- Hardcore, aggressive.
- To become aggressive towards the player's character.
- Applied to a kind of variegated glass beads of ancient manufacture.
- Having the faculty of quick motion in the limbs; apt or ready to move; nimble;
- Characterised by quick motion
- Of or relating to a technique for iterative and incremental development of software involving collaboration between teams.
- The process of becoming older or more mature.
- Allowing something to become older.
- The deliberate act of making something (such as an antique) appear older than it is.
- Becoming senescent; accumulating damage to macromolecules, cells, tissues and organs with the passage of time
- Elderly person. Only as a collective plural in "the aging"
- Becoming elderly.
- To take to graze or pasture, at a certain sum; used originally of the feeding of cattle in the king's forests, and collecting the money for the same.
- The cover at the tip of a shoelace, to prevent it from fraying.
- A catkin.
- Wrong in the sense of awry, askew, amiss, or distorted.
- Wrong; askew.
- glowing; radiant
- In ancient Greek music, tempo or pace; rhythmical movement.
- Melodic motion upward or downward by successive scale-steps: same as ductus in medieval music.
- A rigorous training regimen for Spartan men in preparation for army service.
- Violent contest or striving.
- Pain so extreme as to cause writhing or contortions of the body, similar to those made in the athletic contests in Greece; and hence, extreme pain of mind or body; anguish; paroxysm of grief; specifically, the sufferings of Christ in the garden of Gethsemane.
- Paroxysm of joy; keen emotion.
- The last struggle of life; death struggle.
- grinning; having happiness or satisfaction apparent on one's face
- a protein involved in the formation of neuromuscular junctions during embryonic development
- psoriasis of the tongue
- In a gushing state.
- form; a tidal bore.
- Pertaining to, or like, algae.
- An alga.
- An indigenous language family of North America, comprising Wiyot, Yurok, and many Algonquian languages.
- Cold, chilly; used of low body temperature especially in connection with certain diseases such as malaria and cholera.
- Any of various gelatinous gums, derivatives of alginic acid, derived from algae.
- A tree or wood mentioned in the Bible (2 Chron. ii. 8; 1 K. x. 11), possibly juniper or red sandalwood.
- To form in line; to fall into line.
- To adjust or form to a line; to range or form in line; to bring into line.
- To store (data) in a way that is consistent with the memory architecture, i.e. by beginning each item at an offset equal to some multiple of the word size.
- to identify with or match the behaviour, thoughts, etc of another person.
- organize a linear arrangement of DNA, RNA or protein sequences which have regions of similarity.
- A group of Christian heretics in Asia Minor that flourished around 170 CE.
- unreasonableness; absurdity
- By the length of; in a line with the length of; lengthwise next to.
- In a line with, with a progressive motion on; onward on; forward on.
- In company; together.
- Onward, forward, with progressive action.
- Denotes a mingling or intermixing with distinct or separable objects. (See Usage Note at amidst)
- Denotes a belonging of a person or a thing to a group.
- Denotes a sharing of a common feature in a group.
- Displaying or feeling anger.
- Inflamed and painful.
- Dark and stormy, menacing.
- name of mostly Scottish usage.
- A former county in Scotland, which became a local government district in 1975 in Region (abolished 1996), and is now one of Scotland's 32 council areas.
- A black, hornless breed of beef cattle, originally from Scotland.
- A nickname for the 0-8-8-0 train configuration.
- Nigh; near; close by (to).
- Nigh; near.
- Foolish imitation or mimicry.
- A palm tree (Arenga pinnata, syn. which yields sago, wine, and fibres for ropes.
- thus, therefore
- crude tartar.
- An argali (kind of sheep).
- A city in Greece, in the Peloponnese.
- The dog of Odysseus in Homer's Odyssey.
- A town in Indiana.
- A priming tube connecting the charge chamber with the gallery, or place where the slow match is applied.
- anything whatever, any part.
- whit, the smallest part, iota.
- The digit zero as the decade in years. For example, aught-nine for 1909 or 2009.
- At all, in any degree, in any respect.
- Of importance or consequence (in the phrase "of aught").
- Esteem, respect.
- Property; possession
- Duty; place; office
- to own, possess
- to owe, be obliged or obligated to
- possessed of
- On the wing; flying; fluttering.
- An assault carried out with an axe.
- Of clothing, very loose-fitting, so as to hang away from the body.
- Of or relating to a British music genre of the 1980s and 1990s, influenced by Madchester and psychedelia and associated with baggy clothing.
- A small plastic bag, as for sandwiches.
- A type of yoke carried on the shoulders, as a means for people to carry a load.
- Characterized by banging sounds.
- to refer to or treat like a dog; to follow like a dog, harass, torment; bully
- to become or behave as a dog
- To envelop in fog.
- To confuse; mystify.
- An element of a lineage, especially of a lineage given in the Bible
- To adorn (as if) with gems
- To cause; to produce.
- To father; to sire; to produce (a child).
- To happen to; befall.
- To exalt to the dignity of a god; to deify.
- A living creature.
- The state or fact of existence, consciousness, or life, or something in such a state.
- That which has actuality (materially or in concept).
- One's basic nature, or the qualities thereof; essence or personality.
- An abode; a cottage.
- Given that; since.
- To furnish with a tag; deck with tags.
- To furnish or cover with a wig; put a wig on.
- Cannabis, especially as used in the Indian subcontinent.
- Something large in size in comparison to similar things.
- Something impressive in comparison to similar things.
- Big deal, usually in used in the negative.
- A measure of land in India, varying from a third of an acre to an acre.
- A corner, bend, or angle; a hollow
- An area of sea lying between two promontories, larger than a bay, wider than a gulf
- A bend or curve in a coastline, river, or other geographical feature.
- A curve in a rope
- Habitable, liveable; hence delightful, pleasant, pleasing.
- Strongly, with great force.
- In a blustering or boastful manner; haughtily, pompously.
- One who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.
- One who is strongly partial to his or her own group (e.g. religion, race, ethnicity, gender, political party, etc.) and is intolerant of those who differ.
- Containing, or resembling, bilge.
- A short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- A rapid and excessive consumption of food.
- To engage in a short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- The Devil.
- A ghost, goblin, or other hostile supernatural creature.
- A bugbear: any terrifying thing.
- One of two sets of wheels under a locomotive or railcar; the structure with axles and wheels under a locomotive, railcar, or semi.
- A bog-standard (representative) specimen taken from the center of production.
- A standard of performance set up as a mark to be aimed at in competition.
- An unidentified aircraft, especially as observed as a spot on a radar screen and suspected to be hostile.
- of: a known hostile aircraft.
- A score of one over par on a hole.
- a piece of mucus in or removed from the nostril.
- To make a bogey.
- Having the qualities of a bog; i.e. dank, squishy, muddy, and full of water and rotting vegetation.
- A railway carriage.
- A toy similar to a violin bow, consisting of a wooden stick with notches along one or more sides or edges to produce a rattly noise when kratzed (stroked) against a hard edge, lip of container etc.
- various hostile supernatural creatures, especially a ghost.
- of: the wheels under a locomotive, railcar, or semi.
- an unknown or hostile aircraft.
- a booger.
- a score of one over par on a hole.
- a cigarette.
- Counterfeit or fake; not genuine.
- Undesirable or harmful.
- Incorrect, useless, or broken.
- Of a totally fictitious issue printed for collectors, often issued on behalf of a non-existent territory or country (not to be confused with forgery, which is an illegitimate copy of a genuine stamp).
- Based on false or misleading information or unjustified assumptions.
- A liquor made of rum and molasses.
- The sound made by an elastic object (such as a spring) when bouncing; the sound of a bounce.
- To make a boing sound or bouncing motion.
- A native of New Guinea.
- An Australian aboriginal.
- To bulge or swell out.
- To cause to leak.
- To transport toward somebody/somewhere.
- To supply or contribute.
- To raise (a lawsuit, charges, etc.) against somebody.
- To persuade; to induce; to draw; to lead; to guide.
- To produce in exchange; to sell for; to fetch.
- To pitch, often referring to a particularly hard thrown fastball.
- hobgoblin, evil spirit
- Having one or more bulges; bulging
- A circular frame on which cadgers carry hawks for sale.
- To beg.
- To obtain something by wit or guile; to convince people to do something they might not normally do.
- To carry hawks and other birds of prey.
- To carry, as a burden.
- To hawk or peddle, as fish, poultry, etc.
- To intrude or live on another meanly; to beg.
- cheerful or mirthful, as after good eating or drinking
- A basketball player.
- A person who drives an automobile, particularly for commuting.
- wary, careful, shrewd.
- Uncommunicative; unwilling or hesitant to give information, reticent.
- A member of a persecuted minority in south-western France.
- A fungus, Inonotus obliquus, found in over-the-counter medical and nutritional treatments and as an ingredient in herbal tea.
- A loud, ringing sound, like that made by free-hanging metal objects striking each other.
- Quality of tone.
- The cry of some birds, including the crane and the goose.
- A word or phrase linked only by sound and not by meaning, characteristic of some mental disorders.
- To strike (objects) together so as to produce a clang.
- To give out a clang; to resound.
- Fruit (especially peach) whose flesh adheres strongly to the pit.
- adherence; attachment; devotion
- hold very tightly, as to not fall off.
- To adhere to an object, without being affixed, in such a way as to follow its contours. Used especially of fabrics and films.
- To cause to adhere to, especially by twining round or embracing.
- To cause to dry up or wither.
- to be fond of, to feel strongly about
- To produce a high-pitched ringing sound, like a small bell.
- wasted away; shrunken
- Any of several perennial rhizomatous grasses of genus Imperata, especially
- A projecting corner or angle; a cornerstone.
- The keystone of an arch.
- A wedge used in typesetting.
- a tall, narrow, single-headed Cuban hand drum of African origin
- a march of Cuban origin in four-four time in which people form a chain, each holding the hips of the person in front of them; in each bar, dancers take three shuffle steps and then kick alternate legs outwards at the beat; the chain weaves around the place and allows new participants to join the back of the chain
- To dance the conga.
- A mountainous region in southwestern India, also known locally as Kodagu.
- A Dravidian family language of the aforementioned ethnic community.
- A member of the ethnic community originating from the region of Coorg in India.
- A breed of small dog having short legs and fox-like features.
- To push air from the lungs in a quick, noisy explosion.
- To force something out of the throat or lungs by coughing.
- To make a noise like a cough.
- A sudden, usually noisy expulsion of air from the lungs, often involuntary.
- A condition that causes one to cough; a tendency to cough.
- An important god in Irish mythology.
- A town in Latvia.
- Indian hemp, or a similar plant of the genus
- Uncool, unfashionable, but comfortably so.
- To remove from a bag.
- To pull down the trousers quickly without consent of, as a prank.
- To search for and eliminate malfunctioning elements or errors in something, especially a computer program or machinery.
- To remove a hidden electronic surveillance device from (somewhere).
- To remove insects from (somewhere), especially
- The action, or a session, of reviewing source code to find and eliminate errors.
- To remove the moisture or fog from.
- To make intelligible; to free from confusion.
- To condescend; to do despite a perceived affront to one's dignity.
- To condescend to give; to do something.
- To esteem worthy; to consider worth notice.
- name borrowed from Spanish.
- Any of a number of places in England, Canada, and Australia.
- name transferred from the surname.
- To deal with, handle.
- To have sexual intercourse with.
- To dispose, put (in a given state or condition).
- To compose, make.
- To furnish, equip.
- To dress, array; to adorn.
- To make ready, prepare.
- drab; shabby; dirty; squalid
- A mournful poem or piece of music composed or performed as a memorial to a dead person.
- Like a dirge; funereal.
- evasive and shifty
- unsound and unreliable
- uncomfortable and weird
- A dog, especially a small one.
- doggy style
- A junior temporarily assigned to do minor duties for a senior, a gofer.
- Suggestive of or in the manner of a dog.
- A motherless calf in a range herd of cattle; a calf separated from its cow.
- Of, like, or pertaining to dogs or the dog family; canine.
- In the manner of a dog.
- A thick, malleable substance made by mixing flour with other ingredients such as water, eggs, and/or butter, that is made into a particular form and then baked.
- To make into dough.
- (collectively) The sediment settled at the bottom of a liquid; the lees in a container of unfiltered wine.
- The worst and lowest part of something.
- Resembling or characteristic of dung.
- Covered in dung
- A powerful Indian female deity.
- name, common in India. Another name of Parvati
- A form of tatpuruṣa in which the modifying member is a number.
- A horizontal timber (or steel) section used in the construction of a building.
- A large metal crowbar.
- Approaching death; about to die; moribund.
- Declining, terminal, or drawing to an end.
- Pertaining to death, or the moments before death.
- The process of approaching death; or, less precisely, death itself.
- Those who are currently expiring, moribund.
- participle of ( form of)
- A city in Minnesota, US.
- That has a sharp planar surface.
- Having an edging of a certain material, color, and so on.
- A tool that is used to trim the edges of a lawn.
- To excrete from the body.
- Any moth of the family Lasiocampidae.
- a town in north Surrey, England.
- Any of various wading birds of the genera Egretta or Ardea that includes herons, many of which are white or buff, and several of which develop fine plumes during the breeding season.
- A plume or tuft of feathers worn as a part of a headdress, or anything imitating such an ornament; an aigrette.
- The flying feathery or hairy crown of seeds or achenes, such as the down of the thistle.
- The crab-eating macaque (Macaca fascicularis)
- country in North Africa. Official name: Arab Republic of Egypt.
- A civilization based around the river Nile, on its lower reaches nearer the Mediterranean.
- The digit/figure 8.
- Any of the four cards in a normal deck with the value eight.
- A light, narrow rowing boat, especially one used in competitive rowing, steered by a cox, in which eight rowers each have two oars.
- A race in which such craft participate.
- An island in a river; an ait.
- eldest; firstborn
- entailed; belonging to the eldest son
- The act or process of adding.
- That which is added.
- A supplementary piece of timber used to lengthen another.
- A mournful or plaintive poem; a funeral song; a poem of lamentation.
- To lengthen out; to prolong.
- To put away; to separate; to keep off.
- potential energy; negative value of the force function
- Work, measured in terms of the quantity of heat to which it is equivalent.
- A task or function of a creature.
- Any fungus in the genus Claviceps which are parasitic on grasses.
- The sclerotium (wintering stage) of certain fungi in the genus Claviceps, appearing as a deformed grain in certain cereals and grasses infected by the fungi.
- To be suitable ( or something).
- To agree, to get along (
- To get on well; to cope, to thrive.
- To eat together.
- To move with a gait between a jog and a trot.
- Irish potato bread; a flat farl, griddle-baked, often served fried.
- A wool pack, traditionally made of jute, now often synthetic.
- A small loaf or bun made with left-over dough.
- A gait of horses between a jog and a trot.
- Effeminate; homosexual; gay.
- A bundle of pieces of wrought iron to be worked over into bars or other shapes by rolling or hammering at a welding heat; a pile.
- A fagotto, or bassoon.
- A person hired to take the place of another at the muster of a company.
- To make a fagot of; to bind together in a fagot or bundle.
- Mud from the thermal springs at Battaglia in Italy, used to treat certain medical complaints such as gout and rheumatism.
- Containing fangs; full of sharp teeth.
- The largest city in North Dakota, USA
- To make a false copy or version of; to counterfeit.
- To imagine; to invent; to pretend.
- To make an action as if doing one thing, but actually doing another, for example to trick an opponent.
- To hide or conceal.
- To fidget; jostle or shake.
- A shake; fiddle or similar agitation.
- Of or like figs.
- Containing figs.
- To contend in physical conflict, either singly or in war, battle etc.
- To strive for; to campaign or contend for success.
- To conduct or engage in (battle, warfare etc.).
- To engage in combat with; to oppose physically, to contest with.
- To try to overpower; to fiercely counteract.
- To cause to fight; to manage or manoeuvre in a fight.
- An occasion of fighting.
- A battle between opposing armies.
- A physical confrontation or combat between two or more people or groups.
- A boxing or martial arts match.
- A conflict, possibly nonphysical, with opposing ideas or forces; strife.
- The will or ability to fight.
- A screen for the combatants in ships.
- A miner's double-edged pick.
- A mould, especially one made from papier-mâché, used to create a stereotype.
- A dull old fellow; a person behind the times, over-conservative, or slow – usually preceded by old.
- Obscured by mist or fog; unclear; hazy
- Confused, befuddled, etc.
- A pocket handkerchief
- A Cornish souterrain, a underground, dry-stone-walled chamber open on two ends.
- Resembling fudge, as in flavor or texture.
- Fuzzy, imprecise.
- muggy, stuffy, with bad ventilation
- The optimal date to exercise an American option (or a Bermudan option).
- To manoeuvre; to move around.
- A fungus.
- A fool or simpleton.
- A fielding practice drill where a person hits fly balls intended to be caught.
- A fungo bat.
- Any member of the Gadidae.
- A pink and grey species of cockatoo, Eolophus roseicapilla, native to Australia.
- A fool, an idiot.
Possible word length