Page 1 from 11
Total results: 10571
- of, a class of molecules containing chlorine, fluorine and carbon atoms
- Canadian Football League
- compact fluorescent lamp
- context-free language
- Ultimate Fighting Championship.
- A young cow or bull.
- Leather made of the skin of the calf; especially, a fine, light-coloured leather used in bookbinding.
- A young elephant, seal or whale
- A chunk of ice broken off of a larger glacier, ice shelf, or iceberg.
- A small island, near a larger island.
- A cabless railroad engine.
- An awkward or silly boy or young man; any silly person; a dolt.
- The back of the leg below the knee.
- The muscle in the back of the leg below the knee.
- A chest with holes for keeping fish alive in water.
- A symbol found on a musical staff that indicates the pitches indicated by the lines and the spaces on the staff
- A hairdo
- A hood; a close-fitting cap covering much of the head, widespread until XVIII century; after that worn only by small children and countrywomen
- An item of chain mail headgear
- An official headdress, such as that worn by certain judges in England.
- To style or arrange hair.
- A large basket, especially as used for coal.
- A basket used to contain live fish underwater.
- A wooden frame, sled, or low-wheeled wagon, to convey coal or ore in the mines.
- One of the four stomachs of a ruminating animal; rumen; paunch.
- The public treasury of ancient Rome.
- Any state treasury or exchequer.
- A floccule; a soft or fluffy particle suspended in a liquid, or the fluffy mass of suspended particles so formed.
- To have sexual intercourse, to copulate.
- To insert one’s penis, a dildo or other phallic object, into a specified orifice or cleft.
- To put in an extremely difficult or impossible situation.
- To break; to destroy.
- To defraud or otherwise treat badly.
- To play with; to tinker.
- An act of sexual intercourse.
- A sexual partner, especially a casual one.
- A highly contemptible person.
- A thing of no value, a small amount.
- Used as an intensifier for the words "yes" and "no".
- Do you say it out loud and proud?
- of, predecessor of the Canadian Forces Air Command (CF AIRCOM)
- An old Tunisian dry measure, equal to 496 litres.
- The inedible parts of a grain-producing plant.
- By extension, any excess or unwanted material, resource, or person; anything worthless.
- Loose material, e.g. small strips of aluminum foil, dropped from aircraft specifically to interfere with radar detection.
- Straw or hay cut up fine for the food of cattle.
- Light jesting talk; banter; raillery.
- To use light, idle language by way of fun or ridicule; to banter.
- To make fun of; to turn into ridicule by addressing in ironical or bantering language; to quiz.
- A leader or head of a group of people, organisation, etc.
- The top part of a shield or escutcheon.
- Primary; principal.
- To smoke cannabis.
- stupid; churlish
- A coarse or stupid fellow.
- To make noisy puffing sounds, as of a steam locomotive.
- To break wind.
- To intermittantly extinguish and reignite a powder charge.
- Superfluous small talk that is free of conflict, offers no character development, description or insight, and does not advance the story or plot.
- A breathy noise produced by a tiger, similar in function to a cat's purr.
- Swollen with fat.
- The vagina.
- An opening, fissure, or V-shaped indentation made by or as if by splitting.
- A piece made by splitting.
- A disease of horses; a crack on the band of the pastern.
- An allowance of two pounds in every three hundredweight after the tare and tret are subtracted; now used only in a general sense, of small deductions from the original weight.
- a decaffeinated coffee, tea, or soft drink.
- Having a face of a specified type.
- Any one of the flat surfaces cut into a gem.
- One among many similar or related, yet still distinct things.
- One of a series of things, such as steps in a project.
- One member of a compound eye, as found in insects and crustaceans.
- A smooth circumscribed surface.
- Any of the small joints at each segment of the spine that provide stability and help guide motion
- The narrow plane surface between flutings of a column.
- A face of codimension 1 of a polytope.
- To cut a facet into a gemstone.
- in fact; by the act or fact
- Consisting principally of facts
- The imagination.
- An image or representation of anything formed in the mind; conception; thought; idea.
- An opinion or notion formed without much reflection; an impression.
- A whim.
- Love or amorous attachment.
- The object of inclination or liking.
- Any sport or hobby pursued by a group.
- The enthusiasts of such a pursuit.
- A diamond with a distinctive colour.
- That which pleases or entertains the taste or caprice without much use or value.
- A sort of love song or light impromptu ballad.
- In the game of jacks, a style of play involving additional actions (contrasted with plainsies).
- Of a superior grade.
- Executed with skill.
- Unnecessarily complicated.
- Extravagant; above real value.
- To appreciate without jealousy or greed.
- would like
- To be sexually attracted to.
- To imagine, suppose.
- To form a conception of; to portray in the mind; to imagine.
- To have a fancy for; to like; to be pleased with, particularly on account of external appearance or manners.
- A contagious disease of horses, resembling glanders.
- To suck semen out of a sexual partner's vagina or anus.
- A thin, human-constructed barrier which separates two pieces of land or a house perimeter.
- Someone who hides or buys and sells stolen goods, a criminal middleman for transactions of stolen goods, a fence.
- The place whence such a middleman operates.
- Skill in oral debate.
- The art or practice of fencing.
- A guard or guide on machinery.
- A barrier, for example an emotional barrier.
- A memory barrier.
- To enclose, contain or separate by building fence.
- To defend or guard.
- To engage in the selling or buying of stolen goods.
- To engage in (the sport) fencing.
- To jump over a fence.
- To retrieve; to bear towards; to go and get.
- To obtain as price or equivalent; to sell for.
- To bring or get within reach by going; to reach; to arrive at; to attain; to reach by sailing.
- To bring oneself; to make headway; to veer; as, to fetch about; to fetch to windward.
- To take (a breath), to heave (a sigh)
- To cause to come; to bring to a particular state.
- To recall from a swoon; to revive; sometimes with to.
- To reduce; to throw.
- To bring to accomplishment; to achieve; to make; to perform, with certain objects.
- To make (a pump) draw water by pouring water into the top and working the handle.
- The object of fetching; the source and origin of attraction; a force, quality or propensity which is attracting eg., in a given attribute of person, place, object, principle, etc.
- A stratagem by which a thing is indirectly brought to pass, or by which one thing seems intended and another is done; a trick; an artifice.
- The apparition of a living person; a wraith; one's double (seeing it is supposed to be a sign that one is fey or fated to die)
- The act of fetching data.
- A woman's lightweight triangular scarf worn over the shoulders and tied in front
- To illegally take possession of (especially items of low value); to pilfer, to steal.
- Something which has been filched or stolen.
- An act of filching; larceny, theft.
- A person who filches; a filcher, a pilferer, a thief.
- A hooked stick used to filch objects.
- The European polecat, Mustela putorius.
- The skin of the polecat
- Belonging to, concerning, or located at a focus
- limited to a small area
- A point at which reflected or refracted rays of light converge.
- A point of a conic at which rays reflected from a curve or surface converge.
- The fact of the convergence of light on the photographic medium.
- The quality of the convergence of light on the photographic medium.
- Concentration of attention.
- The exact point of where an earthquake occurs, in three dimensions (underneath the epicentre).
- The indicator of the currently active element in a user interface.
- The most important word or phrase in a sentence or passage, or the one that imparts information.
- To cause (rays of light, etc) to converge at a single point.
- To adjust (a lens, an optical instrument) in order to position an image with respect to the focal plane.
- To concentrate one's attention.
- To concentrate one’s attention.
- To transfer the input focus to (a visual element), so that it receives subsequent input.
- Of or relating to foliage; pteroylglutamic, as in folic acid.
- To break; to violate.
- To checker; to diversify.
- Describing an angular form of Arabic script.
- The oldest calligraphic form of the various Arabic scripts, consisting of a modified form of the old Nabataean script.
- Describing rocks, such as silicate minerals, magmas, and volcanic and intrusive igneous rocks, which contain relatively high concentrations of magnesium and iron.
- A rock with such properties.
- A long, often knitted, garment worn around the neck.
- A headscarf.
- A neckcloth or cravat.
- To throw on loosely; to put on like a scarf.
- To dress with a scarf, or as with a scarf; to cover with a loose wrapping.
- A type of joint in woodworking.
- A groove on one side of a sewing machine needle.
- A dip or notch or cut made in the trunk of a tree to direct its fall when felling.
- To shape by grinding.
- To form a scarf on the end or edge of, as for a joint in timber, forming a "V" groove for welding adjacent metal plates, metal rods, etc.
- To unite, as two pieces of timber or metal, by a scarf joint.
- To eat very quickly.
- A cormorant.
- Derision; ridicule; a derisive or mocking expression of scorn, contempt, or reproach.
- An object of scorn, mockery, or derision.
- To jeer; laugh at with contempt and derision.
- To eat food quickly.
- To eat.
- To eat.
- Caused by scraping, usually with one's feet.
- To mishit (a shot on a ball) due to poor contact with the ball.
- To scrape the feet while walking.
- To hit lightly, to brush against.
- A mark left by scuffing or scraping.
- The back part of the neck; the scruff.
- A skin disease.
- The flakes of skin that fall off as a result of a skin disease.
- Any crust-like formations on the skin, or in general.
- The foul remains of anything adherent.
- Minute membranous scales on the surface of some leaves, as in the goosefoot.
- The white indri of Madagascar.
- To influence or alter.
- To move to emotion.
- Of an illness or condition, to infect or harm (a part of the body).
- To dispose or incline.
- To tend to by affinity or disposition.
- To assign; to appoint.
- To aim for, to try to obtain.
- To feel affection for (someone); to like, be fond of.
- To show a fondness for (something); to choose.
- To make a show of; to put on a pretence of; to feign; to assume. To make a false display of.
- One's mood or inclination; mental state.
- A desire, an appetite.
- A subjective feeling experienced in response to a thought or other stimulus; mood, emotion, especially as demonstrated in external physical signs.
- Not focused
- Neither concave or convex (focal point at infinity)
- A double-sided stone tool
- Depression, melancholy.
- To become warm or hot
- To make warm or hot
- As much as a can will hold.
- The amount that will fit into a cap.
- A light puff of wind.
- A bottle, usually glass and with a flared lip, used for serving water, wine, or other beverages.
- A glass pot with a spout for pouring, used for both serving coffee and as a receptacle during the brewing process.
- A junction of four roads.
- The main intersection in a town.
- As much as a car will hold.
- To make or become cheeselike.
- One who chafes.
- A vessel for heating water; hence, a dish or pan.
- Any of several scarab beetles, including the cockchafer, leaf chafer and rose chafer
- Like or containing chaff.
- Fat or puffed out in the cheeks.
- Rough; clownish; surly.
- To become more like or more in the character of a city.
- To make more like or more in the character of a city.
- To make more like a city person.
- Characterised by cliffs; cliffy, craggy.
- To reduce to a code, to arrange into a code.
- To collect and arrange in a systematic form.
- A beverage made by infusing the beans of the coffee plant in hot water.
- A serving of this beverage.
- The seeds of the plant used to make coffee, misnamed ‘beans’ due to their shape.
- A tropical plant of the genus Coffea.
- A pale brown colour, like that of milk coffee.
- The end of a meal, when coffee is served.
- Of a pale brown colour, like that of milk coffee.
- Of a table: a small, low table suitable for people in lounge seating to put coffee cups on
- To drink coffee.
- A city in Missouri.
- An oblong closed box in which a dead person is buried.
- A basket.
- A casing or crust, or a mold, of pastry, as for a pie.
- A conical paper bag, used by grocers.
- The hollow crust or hoof of a horse's foot, below the coronet, in which is the coffin bone.
- To place in a coffin.
- A line of people or animals fastened together, especially a chain of prisoners or slaves.
- To fasten (a line of people or animals) together.
- a hamlet in Saskatchewan, Canada, named after Colfax, Iowa.
- a city in California, USA
- a village in Illinois, USA.
- a small town in Indiana, USA.
- a city in Iowa, USA.
- a town in Louisiana, USA, and parish seat of
- an unincorporated community in North Carolina, USA.
- a small city in North Dakota, USA.
- a small unincorporated community in Texas, USA.
- a town in Washington, USA
- a town and village in Wisconsin, USA.
- A confection consisting of a nut, seed or fruit coated with sugar.
- To preserve dry with sugar.
- A computerised image of a suspect produced for the police force.
- To speak casually with somebody; to chat.
- A casual talk or chat.
- Any of various kinds of food that have been immersed in a substance for both flavor and preservation.
- To prepare (food) in this manner.
- An affix consisting of a prefix and suffix affixed simultaneously to the root
- An affix which is not divided, and which does not divide a root: thus, a prefix, suffix, or interfix
- To make firm; to fix in a particular place or state
- Relating to, or characterized by, craft or skill; dexterous.
- Possessing dexterity; skilled; skillful.
- Skillful at deceiving others; characterized by craft; cunning; wily.
- Fitted with a cuff.
- An improbable or exaggerated story.
- The amount necessary to make a cup full
- A half pint, i.e. eight ounces
- Any regulation requiring people to be off the streets and in their homes by a certain time.
- The time when such restriction begins.
- A signal indicating this time.
- A fireplace accessory designed to bank a fire by completely covering the embers.
- A regulation in feudal Europe by which fires had to be covered up or put out at a certain fixed time in the evening, marked by the ringing of an evening bell.
- The evening bell, which continued to be rung in many towns after the regulation itself became obsolete.
- To form skin.
- To make cute.
- To damage or vandalize something, especially a surface, in a visible or conspicuous manner.
- To void or devalue; to nullify or degrade the face value.
- To alter a coat of arms or a flag by adding an element to it.
- A fault or malfunction.
- The quantity or amount by which anything falls short.
- A part by which a figure or quantity is wanting or deficient.
- To abandon or turn against; to cease or change one's loyalty, especially from a military organisation or political party.
- To desert one's army, to flee from combat.
- To join the enemy army.
- To flee one's country and seek asylum.
- divine, of or relating to a deity or deities
- The result or outcome of a cause. See usage notes below.
- Impression left on the mind; sensation produced.
- Execution; performance; realization; operation.
- The state of being binding and enforceable, as in a rule, policy, or law.
- An illusion produced by technical means (as in "special effect")
- An alteration, or device for producing an alteration, in sound after it has been produced by an instrument.
- A scientific phenomenon, usually named after its discoverer.
- Belongings, usually as personal effects.
- Consequence intended; purpose; meaning; general intent; with to.
- Reality; actual meaning; fact, as distinguished from mere appearance.
- Manifestation; expression; sign.
- To make or bring about; to implement.
- structure, building
- The act of constructing; construction; fabrication.
- The structure of anything; the manner in which the parts of a thing are united; workmanship; texture; make.
- The framework underlying a structure
- A material made of fibers, a textile or cloth.
- The appearance of crystalline grains in a rock
- Interconnected nodes that look like a textile 'fabric' when viewed collectively from a distance
- Of or affecting the face.
- (of a law or regulation validity) on its face; as it appears (as opposed to as it is applied)
- A personal care beauty treatment which involves cleansing and moisturizing of the human face.
- A kind of early silent film focusing on the facial expressions of the actor.
- A foul play which involves one player hitting another in the face.
- A sex act of male ejaculation onto another person's face.
- Easy, now especially in a disparaging sense; contemptibly easy.
- Amiable, flexible, easy to get along with.
- Effortless, fluent (of work, abilities etc.).
- Lazy, simplistic (especially of explanations, discussions etc.).
- Of a reaction or other process, taking place readily.
- Diverging in the direction of travel.
- The most external portion of exterior siding.
- Fabric applied to a garment edge on the underside.
- A powdered substance, such as charcoal or bituminous coal, applied to the face of a mould, or mixed with the sand that forms it, to give a fine smooth surface to the casting.
- The collar and cuffs of a military coat, commonly of a different colour from the rest of the coat.
- The movement of soldiers by turning on their heels to the right, left, or about.
- Somebody's own act and deed.
- Anything stated and made certain.
- The due execution of a will, including everything necessary to its validity.
- A statement of fact and law delivered before a court
- The product, in multiplication.
- A bright spot or patch between sunspots
- eloquent, articulate
- One of the mandibles of a spider.
- A Roman symbol of judicial authority consisting of a bundle of wooden sticks, with an axe blade embedded in the centre; used also as a symbol of fascism
- A wire basket on the end of a rod to carry glass bottles, etc., to the annealing furnace.
- An iron rod to be thrust into the mouths of bottles to carry them to the furnace.
- A wide band of material covering the ends of roof rafters, sometimes supporting a gutter in steep-slope roofing, but typically it is a border or trim in low-slope roofing.
- A face or front cover of an appliance, especially of a mobile phone.
- A dashboard.
- A flat band or broad fillet; especially, one of the three bands that make up the architrave, in the Ionic order.
- A broad well-defined band of color.
- A band, sash, or fillet; especially, in surgery, a bandage or roller.
- A sash worn by certain members of the Catholic and Anglican churches.
- The layer of loose tissue, often containing fat, immediately beneath the skin; the stronger layer of connective tissue covering and investing all muscles; an aponeurosis.
- The signboard above a shop or other location open to the public.
- Relating to the fauces, or opening of the throat; faucial.
- A sound produced in the fauces.
- The narrow passage from the mouth to the pharynx, situated between the soft palate and the base of the tongue.
- The throat of a calyx, corolla, etc.
- That portion of the interior of a spiral shell which can be seen by looking into the aperture.
- An exposed plumbing fitting; a tap or spigot; a regulator for controlling the flow of a liquid from a reservoir.
- A desire; a yearning.
- To bite the bit, especially when restless; to champ.
- To complain; to rant; to rave.
- To worry; to be eager; to show impatience.
- To desire; to yearn; to covet.
- Relating to heralds, declarations of war, and peace treaties.
- In Ancient Rome, a priest-herald responsible for the rites associated with war and peace.
- mostly; for the greater part
- Highly fertile; able to produce offspring.
- Leading to new ideas or innovation.
- Enriched in the lighter elements such as silicon, oxygen, aluminium, sodium, and potassium.
- A rock with such properties.
- A female host of a television show.
- A female rapper.
- Surrounded by a fence; enclosed.
- A participant in the sport of fencing
- A small fox of the species Vulpes zerda, found in the Sahara (excluding the coast) and having distinctive oversized ears.
- Pertaining to, derived from, or containing iron.
- Of compounds of iron in which it has a valence or oxidation number of 3
- A straw, wire, stick, etc., used chiefly to point out letters to children when learning to read.
- A hardy grass commonly used to border golf fairways in temperate climates. Any member of the genus Festuca.
- An instrument for playing on the harp; a plectrum.
- The style of a sundial.
- To use a fescue, or teach with a fescue.
- A small carriage for hire.
- A sudden or unexpected failure.
- A ludicrous or humiliating situation. Some effort that went quite wrong.
- A wine bottle in a (usually straw) jacket.
- In a fickle manner.
- An artist who models or forms statues and reliefs in any malleable material.
- Exceedingly violent, severe, ferocious or savage.
- Resolute or strenuously active.
- Threatening in appearance or demeanor.
- Excellent, very good.
- Of exceptional quality, exhibiting boldness or chutzpah.
- Extremely; very.
- Of or relating to movies; cinematic.
- To display extreme daintiness or refinement.
- To trifle.
- A subset of the family of Finno-Ugric languages that includes Finnish, Estonian, Ingrian, Veps, Karelian, Livonian, Meänkieli and Kven.
- Of or pertaining to Finnic languages.
- Of or pertaining to boxing or fighting with fists.
- A small stoppered glass bottle, often used for keeping perfume.
- A flange.
- A bearing consisting of a circle segment encroaching on the field from the side, and always occurring in pairs.
- Resembling or covered in fleece.
- The vane toward the back of an arrow, used to stabilise the arrow during flight. Also called a flight or a feather.
- (fisheries) A large boneless fillet of halibut, swordfish or tuna.
- To feather, as an arrow.
- Easily flicked; thus, light and fast
- A reflexive jerking away.
- To make a sudden, involuntary movement in response to a (usually negative) stimulus; to cringe.
- To dodge (a question), to avoid an unpleasant task or duty
- (of the croquet game) To let the foot slip from a ball, when attempting to give a tight croquet.
- The flank or side of an animal, now only a pig when cured and salted; a side of bacon.
- To cut into, or off in, flitches or strips.
- Abounding with flocks; floccose.
- Soft clayey matter in the vein, or surrounding it.
- Obtained forcefully, not naturally.
- Opened or accessed using force.
- noun of
- The solid piston of a force pump; the instrument by which water is forced in a pump.
- A small hand pump for sinking pits, draining cellars, etc.
- To cut into; cut through; cut completely; cut in pieces; cut up; injure by cutting.
- Of or pertaining to ants.
- Of, pertaining to or derived from formic acid (or from methane).
- Rotten from being too ripe; overripe.
- A dispute, a quarrel; a fight or brawl.
- To argue, to quarrel; to fight.
- In painting, the technique of applying water-based pigment to wet or fresh lime mortar or plaster.
- A painting made using this technique.
- A cool, refreshing state of the air; duskiness; coolness; shade.
- To paint using fresco.
- San Francisco, California.
- Merry, joyous; later especially, frolicsome, sportive, full of playful mischief.
- Free; liberal; bountiful; generous.
- Gaiety; merriment.
- A playful antic.
- To romp; to behave playfully and uninhibitedly.
- To cause to be merry.
- Artificially coloured; falsified, counterfeit.
- In trouble.
- Very drunk.
- Annoying or mean.
- Bothered to do something.
- An undesirable person.
- The object of some effort.
- People, friends, especially of very high solidarity.
- One who fucks.
- Resembling or relating to seaweeds of the genus Fucus.
- Of sandstone: containing seaweed-like markings.
- A fucoid seaweed.
- The aldohexose (3S,4R,5R,6S)-6-methyloxane-2,3,4,5-tetrol present in several glycans and mucopolysaccharides
- Pertaining to, or obtained from, mushrooms.
- Of or pertaining to furoic acid or its derivatives.
- A brown nitrogenous pigment contained in the retinal epithelium; a variety of melanin.
- A tropical American tree, whose wood produces a yellow dye.
- A European tree, whose wood produces an orange dye.
- The wood of these trees.
- A yellow dye obtained from the wood of these trees.
- To bring into contact with a substance that causes illness (a pathogen).
- To make somebody enthusiastic about one's own passion.
- To cut off.
- A piece that has been cut off of a larger piece when not needed; surplus.
- Cut off.
- Excess; surplus.
- A ceremonial duty or service, particularly:
- The authorized form of ceremonial worship of a church.
- Mass, the introit sung at its beginning.
- Any special liturgy, as the Office for the Dead or of the Virgin.
- A daily service without the eucharist.
- The daily service of the breviary, the liturgy for each canonical hour, including psalms, collects, and lessons.
- Various prayers used with modification as a morning or evening service.
- Last rites.
- A position of responsibility.
- Official position, particularly high employment within government; tenure in such a position.
- An official or group of officials; a personification of officeholders.
- A duty, particularly owing to one's position or station; a charge, trust, or role; moral duty.
- The performance of a duty; an instance of performing a duty.
- Function: anything typically done by or expected of something.
- A bodily function, urination and defecation; an act of urination or defecation.
- A service, a kindness.
- Inside information.
- A room, set of rooms, or building used for non-manual work, particularly:
- A room, set of rooms, or building used for administration and bookkeeping.
- A room, set of rooms, or building used for selling services or tickets to the public.
- A room, set of rooms, or building used for consultation and diagnosis, but not surgery or other major procedures.
- The staff of such places.
- The administrative departments housed in such places, particularly:
- A ministry or other department of government.
- Short for Holy Office: the court of final appeal in cases of heresy.
- A particular place of business of a larger white-collar business.
- The parts of a house or estate devoted to manual work and storage, as the kitchen, scullery, laundry, stables, etc., particularly a house or estate's facilities for urination and defecation: outhouses or lavatories.
- of: an inquest undertaken on occasions when the Crown claimed the right of possession to land or property.
- A piece of land used for hunting; the area of land overseen by a gamekeeper.
- A hangout: a place where one is normally found.
- A plane's cockpit, particularly an observer's cockpit.
- A collection of business software typically including a word processor and spreadsheet and slideshow programs.
- To provide (someone) with an office.
- To have an office.
- To bring peace to (a place or situation), by ending war, fighting, violence, anger or agitation.
- To appease (someone).
- To replace the face or surface of something; to create a new outer layer.
- To refresh; restore after hunger or fatigue.
- A street sweeper; a dustman, a refuse collector.
- A poor golf shot, during which the club hits the ground before it hits the ball.
- A slight blow; a slap; a soft fall; also, the accompanying noise.
- A thin, solid substance, especially a thin shoe or slipper.
- To perform such a shot.
- To scuff or shuffle along.
- Someone with an untidy appearance.
- Stubble, facial hair (on males).
- The loose skin at the back of the neck of some animals.
- The back of the neck, nape; also scruff of the neck.
- To lift or carry by the scruff.
- covered with scurf
- To deprive of the coif or cap.
- To remove the face or cover from; to unmask or expose.
- Something not factual; a falsehood or factoid.
- Producing unity; combining two or more things into a single one.
- To convert into acid or vinegar.
- To turn acid
- to make something (more) acidic or sour; to convert into an acid.
- to neutralize alkalis, as to acidify sugar
- to sour, to embitter.
- Shaped like a needle.
- To cause (someone) pain, suffering or distress.
- To strike or cast down; to overthrow.
- To make low or humble.
- To reinforce (a team etc.) with extra people
- Producing cold; covered in ice.
- Favorable; beneficent.
- Having two focal lengths
- Divided into two parts, one of which corrects for distance vision and the other for near vision
- An inn or resthouse selling coffee in Turkey.
- of, or pertaining to coffee or caffeic acid
- That which can fit into a cage
- A base or despicable person; a wretch
- A captive or prisoner, particularly a galley slave
- A villain, a coward or wretch
- Especially despicable; cowardly
- To make something hard and stony by impregnating with calcium salts.
- To become hard and stony by impregnation with calcium salts.
- A mediaeval land division in Wales.
- The capital city of Wales
- Full of care or grief; sorrowful, sad.
- Full of cares or anxiety; worried, troubled.
- Having care (for); attentive to potential danger, error or harm; cautious.
- Conscientious and painstaking; meticulous.
- The passenger fare charged for riding on a streetcar or bus.
- To form flesh; to become like flesh.
- As much as a cart will hold.
- As much as a case will hold.
- A mark or blemish in wood, plasterwork etc.
- A rope used in hoisting the anchor to the cathead.
- Any fish of the order Siluriformes, mainly found in fresh water, lacking scales, and having barbels like whiskers around the mouth.
- To fish for catfish
- Someone who creates a fake profile on a social media platform in order to seduce people.
- Such a fake profile.
- To create a fake online profile to seduce (someone).
- to attest to as the truth or meeting a standard
- an open furnace or forge, in which blooms are heated before being wrought into bars.
- To haggle or barter.
- To talk much and idly; to chatter.
- bargaining; merchandise
- The upper sieve of a cleaning shoe in a combine harvester, where chaff is removed
- The act by which something is chafed.
- an obtuse-angled relief or cut at an edge added for a finished appearance and to break sharp edges
- to cut off the edge or corner of something; to bevel
- to cut a groove in something; to flute
- Collectively, all chefs.
- The state of being a chef.
- Especially or primarily; above all.
- Mainly or principally; almost entirely.
- of, or relating to a chief
- A sheer silk or rayon fabric.
- Any purely ornamental accessory on a woman's dress, such as a bunch of ribbon, lace, etc.
- form of (heating device)
- Very pleased or satisfied, delighted.
- Annoyed, displeased, disgruntled"chuffed" at dictionary.com.
- To make chyle of.
- To be converted into chyle.
- To make clear or bright by freeing from feculent matter; to defecate; to fine; -- said of liquids, as wine or syrup.
- To make clear; to free from obscurities; to brighten or illuminate.
- To grow or become clear or transparent; to become free from feculent impurities, as wine or other liquid under clarification.
- To grow clear or bright; to clear up.
- To glorify.
- Having a cleft; cloven.
- formed by cliffs
- Any of several places in England, especially a suburb of Bristol, England.
- for someone who lived in a town of this name.
- name transferred from the surname.
- A cod (the fish).
- The flesh of the cod as food.
- Of a subset of a containing elements at least as late as any given element of the set, relative to the given partial order.
- To found at the same time as another.
- To found with one or more other people.
- Any of several species of perennial herbs of the genus Symphytum, often specifically
- To make up, prepare, compound, construct, assemble, form, mix, mingle or put together by combining ingredients or materials; to concoct.
- To make into a confection; to prepare as a candy, sweetmeat, preserve, or the like.
- A rich, sweet, food item made of flavored sugar and often combined with fruit or nuts; a confection, comfit.
- To admit to the truth, particularly in the context of sins or crimes committed.
- To acknowledge faith in; to profess belief in.
- To unburden (oneself) of sins to God or a priest, in order to receive absolution.
- To hear or receive such a confession of sins from.
- To disclose or reveal.
- To trust, have faith (in).
- To entrust (something) to the responsibility of someone.
- To take (someone) into one's confidence, to speak in secret with. ( + in)
- To say (something) in confidence.
- To strengthen; to make firm or resolute.
- To administer the sacrament of confirmation on (someone).
- To assure the accuracy of previous statements.
- A merger of rivers, or the place where rivers merge.
- A convergence or moving gathering of forces, people, or things.
- To act in accordance with expectations; to behave in the manner of others, especially as a result of social pressure.
- To be in accordance with a set of specifications or regulations, or with a policy or guideline.
- To make similar in form or nature; to make suitable for a purpose; to adapt.
- To thoroughly mix; to confound; to disorder.
- To rout; discomfit.
- To mix up; to puzzle; to bewilder.
- To make uneasy and ashamed; to embarrass.
- To mistake one thing for another.
- To show (something or someone) to be false or wrong; to disprove or refute.
- A plant belonging to the conifers; a cone-bearing seed plant with vascular tissue, usually a tree.
- To convert or be converted into horn or a similar substance
- Expensive; sumptuous
- Indicative of expenditure or loss; costly
- Any of various types of boxfish, family Ostraciidae.
- The grampus,
- A of California,
- A marine plectognath fish, and allied species, having two projections, like horns, in front.
- Someone who participates in a particular handicraft, either as a hobby or as a small business
- One who has the tenure of a croft, usually also the occupant and user.
- To execute (a person) by nailing to a cross.
- To punish or otherwise express extreme anger at, especially as a scapegoat or target of outrage.
- To thoroughly beat at a sport or game.
- The act by which somebody is cuffed or struck.
- One who defaces; a vandal.
- The action of defending, of protecting from attack, danger or injury.
- Something used to oppose attack(s).
- An argument in support or justification of something.
- A strategy and tactics employed to prevent the other team from scoring; contrasted with offence.
- The portion of a team dedicated to preventing the other team from scoring; contrasted with offence.
- Government policy or (infra)structure related to the military.
- Prohibition; a prohibitory ordinance.
- To furnish with defences; to fortify.
- To make (something) deviate from its original path.
- To deviate from its original path.
- To avoid addressing (questions, criticism, etc.).
- To divert (attention, etc.).
- To cause (a lens, or a beam of light or particles, etc.) to be out of focus.
- To withhold land unlawfully from its true owner or from any other person who has a right to the possession of it, after one has lawfully entered and taken possession of it.
- to divest of a frock
- to formally remove the rights and authority of a member of the clergy.
- Deceased, dead.
- No longer in use, inactive.
- Specifically, of a program: that has terminated but is still shown in the list of processes because the parent process that created it is still running and has not yet reaped it. See also zombie, zombie process.
- No longer in business or service.
- (of a language) No longer spoken.
- To make defunct.
- The dead person (referred to).
- A foot soldier, especially during World War II.
- An ugly person.
- To sweeten the taste of.
- To make sweeter or more pleasant.
- Toneutralise the acidity of.
- To mollify or make peaceful.
- To make stupid in intellect.
- A lock of hair that is tangled.
- To make warm, to heat.
- To keep up, impose or bring into effect something, not necessarily by force.
- To give strength or force to; to affirm, to emphasize.
- To strengthen (a castle, town etc.) with extra troops, fortifications etc.
- To intensify, make stronger, add force to.
- To exert oneself, to try hard.
- To compel, oblige (someone or something); to force.
- To make or gain by force; to force.
- To put in motion or action by violence; to drive.
- To give force to; to strengthen; to invigorate; to urge with energy.
- To urge; to ply hard; to lay much stress upon.
- To prove; to evince.
- Used in exclamatory phrases to express surprise, insistence, etc.
- factually accurate
- Licensing only those content clauses that represent claims assumed to be true.
- which does not know any falsities: which knows only truths.
- A trading establishment, especially set up by merchants working in a foreign country.
- The position or state of being a factor.
- A building or other place where manufacturing takes place.
- A device which produces or manufactures something.
- In a computer program or library, a function, method, etc. which creates an object.
- Of or characterised by or consisting of facts.
- Of or pertaining to the faculae.
- The academic staff at schools, colleges or universities, as opposed to the students or support staff.
- A division of a university (e.g. a Faculty of Science or Faculty of Medicine).
- An ability, skill, or power, often plural.
- A power, authority or privilege conferred by a higher authority
- A horse's movement of throwing itself on its haunches two or three times, bending in very quick curvets.
- A sword in pre-Roman Iberia having a concave edge on the blade.
- Shaped like a sickle.
- Of or pertaining to a falx.
- The falx cerebelli.
- A curved and sharp-pointed claw.Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Deceptive or false appearance; deceitfulness; that which misleads the eye or the mind; deception.
- An argument, or apparent argument, which professes to be decisive of the matter at issue, while in reality it is not. A specious argument.
- Of or pertaining to hunger
- One who fancies; a person with a special interest, attraction or liking for something. An aficionado.
- A person who breeds or grows a particular animal or plant for points of excellence.
- Of or pertaining to electricity, especially to electrical induction.
- A person who writes farces, or who performs in them.
- A farcical comedian.
- Of a horse: having the disease called farcy.
- To make farcical; to turn into farce.
- A form of Flamenco music and dance, probably originating in Galicia, traditionally danced only by men.
- Relating to a fascia
- A layer of fat, along the back of a pig, used as a cut of meat or to make lard
- A fish, the menhaden.
- Of or pertaining to prophecy; prophetic
- Pertaining to the fauces; pharyngeal.
- Powerful, effective, efficient, vigorous.
- A traditional wooden shallow-draught sailing boat used in the Mediterranean and along the Nile in Egypt, its rig consisting of one or two lateen sails.
- 1,3,3-trimethyl-2-norbornanol, a terpene and an isomer of borneol, used in perfumery.
- A univalent radical derived from fenchol
- The art or sport of duelling with swords, especially with the 17th- to 18th-century European dueling swords and the practice weapons decended from them (sport fencing)
- Material used to make fences, fences used as barriers or an enclosure.
- Of or pertaining to ferulic acid or its derivatives
- A person or thing that fetches something
- A joint of the horse's leg below the knee or hock and above the hoof, also called the "ankle".
- Capable of being molded into the shape of an artifact or art work
- Molded of clay or earth
- Of or relating to earthenware
- Capable of being led or directed
- Literary type using invented or imaginative writing, instead of real facts, usually written as prose.
- A verbal or written account that is not based on actual events (often intended to mislead).
- fictional, unreal, fanciful or invented
- To make fierce
- To enliven
- To become definition grow fierce
- A former officer in the so called because he filed the writs on which he made out process.
- One who filches; a thief.
- Belonging to the Filices, or ferns.
- Relating to filicic acid, derived from ferns.
- Of or pertaining to dung
- A large baleen whale, Balaenoptera physalus, that has a ridge on its back; the fin whale.
- Finicky, fastidious, overly precise or delicate.
- Fastidious and fussy; difficult to please; exacting, especially about details.
- Demanding, requiring above-normal care.
- A kind of piledriver used by the ancients.
- The fitchew, or polecat.
- Soft; floppy.
- Lacking energy or vigor.
- to flutter as a bird
- to flicker, quiver
- A barrel-shaped bottle; a flagon.
- A railroad freight car without sides or a roof.
- A person who fleeces; a swindler
- A cloud species which consists of rounded tufts of cloud, often formed by dissipation from larger cloud species. Associated with cirrus, cirrocumulus, altocumulus, and stratocumulus genera.AMS Glossary of Meteorology
- Having split, bushy ends (of bristles).
- To move in an exaggerated, bouncy manner.
- To flounder; to make spastic motions.
- To decorate with a flounce.
- To leave a group dramatically, in a way that draws attention to oneself.
- A strip of decorative material, usually pleated, attached along one edge; a ruffle.
- The act of flouncing.
- Gathered and pleated.
- A measure of particle flux (or that of a pulse of electromagnetic radiation).
- A magical or mysterious force; hypnotic power; energy.
- The quality of smoothness of flow
- The quality of being fluent in a language; A person's command of a particular language.
- The quality of consistently applying skill correctly in the manner of one well-practiced at it, requiring little deliberate thought to perform without mistakes
- Of or pertaining to a fluid
- Of or pertaining to fluidics
- Pertaining to, obtained from or containing fluorine.
- The movement of the electron beam back to its initial position between scan lines in a cathode-ray tube display.
- A special kind of electrical transformer, originally designed to generate high-voltage sawtooth signals at a relatively high frequency, and now extensively used in switched-mode power supplies.
- With respect to a focus
- Directing all one's efforts towards achieving a particular goal.
- Dealing with some narrowly defined aspects of a broader phenomenon.
- A device which allows one to adjust the focus of an instrument such as a telescope.
- A type of inn, especially as the residence of a merchant or trader; a trading post, a trading factory.
Possible word length