Page 1 from 30
Total results: 30173
- of; the highest energy, highest frequency, shortest wavelength end of the ultraviolet EM band, overlapping with soft X-rays.
- A group of animals, in particular quail.
- A large group or collection.
- A group of women or girls; chiefly said of schoolgirls.
- A Chevrolet automobile.
- Diesel fuel for cars and lorries
- Eaves: the underside of a roof that extends beyond the external walls of a building.
- Resentful desire of something possessed by another or others (but not limited to material possessions).
- An object of envious notice or feeling.
- Hatred, enmity, ill-feeling.
- Emulation; rivalry.
- Public odium; ill repute.
- To feel displeasure or hatred towards (someone) for their good fortune or possessions.
- To have envious feelings (at).
- To give (something) to (someone) grudgingly or reluctantly; to begrudge.
- To show malice or ill will; to rail.
- To do harm to; to injure; to disparage.
- To hate.
- To emulate.
- Relating to time or duration.
- At any time.
- In any way.
- Occurring at any time, occurring even but once during a timespan.
- A diminutive of the female given names Eva, Eve, Evelyn and Evangeline, also used as a formal given name.
- Intending to harm; malevolent.
- Morally corrupt.
- Unpleasant, as in 'an evil smell'.
- Producing or threatening sorrow, distress, injury, or calamity; unpropitious; calamitous.
- Having harmful qualities; not good; worthless or deleterious.
- undesirable; harmful; bad practice
- Moral badness; wickedness; malevolence; the forces or behaviors that are the opposite or enemy of good.
- Anything which impairs the happiness of a being or deprives a being of any good; anything which causes suffering of any kind to sentient beings; injury; mischief; harm.
- A malady or disease; especially in the phrase king's evil (scrofula).
- To move, shift, provide something abstract or concrete to someone or something or somewhere.
- To transfer one's possession or holding of (something) to (someone).
- To make a present or gift of.
- To pledge.
- To provide (something) to (someone), to allow or afford.
- To cause (a sensation or feeling) to exist in.
- To carry out (a physical interaction) with (something).
- To pass (something) into (someone's) hand or the like.
- To cause (a disease or condition) in, or to transmit (a disease or condition) to.
- To estimate or predict (a duration or probability) for (something).
- To yield slightly when a force is applied.
- To collapse under pressure or force.
- To provide, as, a service or a broadcast.
- To lead (onto or into).
- To provide a view of.
- To exhibit as a product or result; to produce; to yield.
- To cause; to make; used with the infinitive.
- To allow or admit by way of supposition.
- To attribute; to assign; to adjudge.
- To communicate or announce (advice, tidings, etc.); to pronounce or utter (an opinion, a judgment, a shout, etc.).
- To grant power or permission to; to allow.
- To devote or apply (oneself).
- To become soft or moist.
- To shed tears; to weep.
- To have a misgiving.
- To be going on, to be occurring
- The amount of bending that something undergoes when a force is applied to it.
- A shackle or fetter, especially for the leg.
- to shackle, fetter, chain
- To deceive; to be deceptive.
- To dance.
- A dance style popular in the 1940–50s.
- Swing, a style of jazz music.
- A slang associated with jazz musicians; hepcat patois or hipster jargon.
- Nonsense; transparently deceptive talk.
- African American Vernacular English.
- A pervert.
- To stare at others in a perverted manner, especially whilst thinking sexual thoughts about them.
- an exon of NCAM; it is thought to correlate with an inhibition of the neurite outgrowth-promoting properties of this protein
- The flesh of a calf (i.e. a young bovine) used for food.
- The Vice President of the United States; the office of Vice President of the United States, especially during an election cycle where several are in the running for the nomination.
- Any vice president (in a corporation, organization, etc.)
- To let out (a sail-line), to allow (a sheet) to run out.
- A turn or swerve; an instance of veering.
- To change direction or course suddenly; to swerve.
- To shift in a clockwise direction (if in the Northern Hemisphere, or in a counterclockwise direction if in the Southern Hemisphere).Bowditch 2002
- To shift aft.
- To change direction into the wind; to wear ship.
- To turn.
- In ancient times, an important Etruscan city 16 km (9.9 mi) NNW of Rome, Italy.
- Something hung up or spread out to hide or protect the face, or hide an object from view; usually of gauze, crape, or similar diaphanous material.
- A cover; disguise; a mask; a pretense.
- The calyptra of mosses.
- A membrane connecting the margin of the pileus of a mushroom with the stalk; a velum.
- A covering for a person or thing; as, a caul (especially over the head)
- A thin layer of tissue which is attached to or covers a mushroom.
- To put on, or decorate with, a veil.
- To conceal as with a veil.
- The open pasture land or grassland of South Africa and neighboring countries.
- to hawk or to peddle merchandise
- to sell wares through a vending machine
- The act of vending or selling; a sale.
- The total sales of coal from a colliery.
- True, real, actual.
- The same; identical.
- With limiting effect: mere.
- To a great extent or degree; extremely; exceedingly.
- True, truly.
- A vibraphone.
- An atmosphere or aura felt to belong to a person, place or thing.
- To relax and enjoy oneself.
- To agree.
- To get along; to hit it off.
- Visual perception.
- The act of seeing or looking at something.
- The range of vision.
- Something to look at, such as scenery.
- Appearance; show; aspect.
- A picture, drawn or painted; a sketch.
- Opinion, judgement, imagination.
- A mental image.
- A way of understanding something, an opinion, a theory.
- A point of view.
- An intention or prospect.
- A virtual or logical table composed of the result set of a query in relational databases.
- The part of a computer program which is visible to the user and can be interacted with;
- A wake.
- To look at.
- To regard in a stated way.
- A shallow wetlands or minor lake, generally a seasonal one, or the lowland where such a wetlands appears seasonally.
- A wetland or marsh.
- To move back and forth repeatedly.
- To move one’s hand back and forth (generally above the head) in greeting or departure.
- To call attention to, or give a direction or command to, by a waving motion, as of the hand; to signify by waving; to beckon; to signal; to indicate.
- To have an undulating or wavy form.
- To raise into inequalities of surface; to give an undulating form or surface to.
- To produce waves to the hair.
- To swing and miss at a pitch.
- To cause to move back and forth repeatedly.
- To signal (someone or something) with a waving movement.
- To fluctuate; to waver; to be in an unsettled state.
- To move like a wave, or by floating; to waft.
- A moving disturbance in the level of a body of water; an undulation.
- A moving disturbance in the energy level of a field.
- A shape that alternatingly curves in opposite directions.
- A sudden unusually large amount of something that is temporarily experienced.
- A sideway movement of the hand(s).
- A group activity in a crowd imitating a wave going through water, where people in successive parts of the crowd stand and stretch upward, then sit. Usually referred to as "the wave"
- To marry (a woman).
- To provide (someone) with a wife.
- Physically over; on top of; worn on top of, as clothing.
- In or to a higher place; higher than; on or over the upper surface; — opposed to below or beneath.
- Farther north than.
- Rising; appearing out of reach height-wise.
- Figuratively, higher than; superior to in any respect; surpassing; higher in measure, degree, volume, or pitch, etc. than; out of reach; not exposed to; not likely to be affected by; incapable of negative actions or thoughts.
- Higher in rank, status, or position.
- In addition to; besides.
- Surpassing in number or quantity; more than
- In preference to.
- Too proud to stoop; averse to; disinclined; too honorable to give.
- Upstage of.
- Beyond; on the other side.
- Directly overhead; vertically on top of.
- Higher in the same page; earlier in the order as far as writing products go.
- Into or from heaven; in the sky.
- In a higher place; upstairs; farther upstream.
- Higher in rank, power, or position.
- In addition.
- More in number.
- Above zero; above freezing.
- On the upper half or the dorsal surface of an animal.
- Of heaven; heavenly.
- Being located higher on the same page or on a preceding page.
- Something, especially a person's name in legal documents, that appears higher on the same page or on a preceding page.
- Higher authority.
- betterment, raised status or condition.
- Having life; living; not dead
- In a state of action; in force or operation; unextinguished; unexpired; existent
- Exhibiting the activity and motion of many living beings; swarming; thronged; busy.
- Sprightly; lively; brisk.
- Having susceptibility; easily impressed; having lively feelings, as opposed to apathy; sensitive.
- out of all living creatues.
- To turn aside or away.
- To ward off, or prevent, the occurrence or effects of.
- To turn away.
- To turn away.
- name, today often transferred back from the surname.
- name of modern usage.
- To survey, observe; to view.
- To abase or debase; to vilify; to depreciate.
- To call from or back again.
- A beef; a beef creature.
- A portion of plate armour to protect the lower face and the neck, typically in two parts, called upper bevor and lower bevor.
- Alcoholic beverage.
- To drink alcohol.
- To give birth to a calf.
- To assist the giving of birth of a calf.
- To break off or shed a large piece.
- To cut.
- To cut meat in order to serve it.
- To shape to sculptural effect; to produce (a work) by cutting, or to cut (a material) into a finished work.
- To perform a series of turns without pivoting, so that the tip and tail of the snowboard take the same path.
- To take or make, as by cutting; to provide.
- To lay out; to contrive; to design; to plan.
- A carucate.
- To come to an issue; to turn out; to succeed.
- A room; chamber.
- A cottage.
- A very pungent aromatic spice, the unexpanded flower bud of the clove tree.
- A of the species Syzygium aromaticum (syn. native to the Moluccas (Indonesian islands), which produces the spice.
- An old English measure of weight, containing 7 pounds (3.2 kg), i.e. half a stone.
- Any one of the separate bulbs that make up the larger bulb of garlic
- A narrow valley with steep sides, used in areas of North America first settled by the Dutch
- A formal group or assembly of witches.
- A clique that shares common interests or activities.
- To wish for with eagerness; to desire possession of, often enviously.
- To long for inordinately or unlawfully; to hanker after (something forbidden).
- To yearn, have or indulge inordinate desire, notably for another's possession.
- A group of 8-12 (or more) quail. See gaggle, host, flock.
- A brood of partridges, grouse, etc.
- A party or group (of persons or things).
- To brood; to incubate.
- A man.
- To desire strongly, so as to satisfy an appetite; to long or yearn for.
- To ask for earnestly.
- A supernatural entity of disagreeable nature.
- to recite the Jewish liturgy; to pray
- A diminutive of the male given name David.
- derived from David.
- To dig the ground, especially with a shovel.
- To search thoroughly and carefully for information, research, dig into, penetrate, fathom, trace out
- To dig, to excavate.
- A pit or den.
- Bending down; sloping.
- To give up; to devote.
- To disavow; to disclaim.
- someone who dives, especially as a sport
- someone who works underwater; a frogman
- the loon (bird)
- The New Zealand sand diver
- The long-finned sand diver
- A number of cattle driven to market or new pastures.
- A large number of people on the move (literally or figuratively).
- A group of hares.
- A road or track along which cattle are habitually driven.
- A narrow drain or channel used in the irrigation of land.
- A broad chisel used to bring stone to a nearly smooth surface.
- The grooved surface of stone finished by the drove chisel.
- To herd cattle; particularly over a long distance.
- To finish (stone) with a drove chisel.
- A thick, padded quilt used instead of blankets.
- A cover for a quilt or comforter.
- Having eaves (of a specified number or kind).
- The underside of a roof that extends beyond the external walls of a building.
- Pertaining to elves; elvish; elven.
- Of or relating to certain veins of feldspathic or porphyritic rock crossing metalliferous veins in the mining districts of Cornwall.
- The rock of an elvan vein, or the vein itself.
- name, possibly derived from the surname Elwes.
- Elvis Presley (1935-1977), a popular American rock-and-roll singer.
- An impersonator of Elvis Presley.
- To stir or arouse emotion in (someone); to cause to feel emotion
- A short stanza at the end of a poem, used either to address a person or to comment on the preceding body of the poem.
- a diplomatic agent of the second rank, next in status after an ambassador.
- a diplomat.
- a messenger.
- a short stanza at the end of a poem.
- common in Wales, derived from the given name Evan (or Ifan in
- To occur; to happen; to come to pass.
- To expel (one or more people) from their property; to force (one or more people) to move out.
- To cause the manifestation of something (emotion, picture, etc.) in someone's mind or imagination.
- flattery; cajolery; deceit
- yellow or dun in colour
- A horse of a favel or dun colour.
- a ball game, somewhat like tennis, played against a wall
- A pair of fives.
- Usury; interest on money.
- A wooden mallet, used by a courtroom judge (not UK), or by a committee chairman, struck against a sounding block to quieten those present, or by an auctioneer to accept the highest bid at auction.
- The legal system as a whole (not UK).
- A mason's setting maul.
- To use a gavel.
- A small heap of grain, not tied up into a bundle.
- A gable.
- One who gives; a donor or contributor.
- An item of clothing other than a mitten, covering all or part of the hand and fingers, but allowing independent movement of the fingers.
- A baseball mitt.
- The ability to catch a hit ball.
- A condom.
- To catch the ball in a baseball mitt.
- To put a glove or gloves on.
- To touch a delivery with one's glove while the gloved hand is on the bat. Under the rules of cricket, the batsman is deemed to have hit the ball.
- A river in Germany.
- To lift with difficulty; to raise with some effort; to lift (a heavy thing).
- To throw, cast.
- To rise and fall.
- To utter with effort.
- To pull up with a rope or cable.
- To lift (generally); to raise, or cause to move upwards (particularly in ships or vehicles) or forwards.
- To be thrown up or raised; to rise upward, as a tower or mound.
- To displace (a vein, stratum).
- To cause to swell or rise, especially in repeated exertions.
- To move in a certain direction or into a certain position or situation.
- To retch, to make an effort to vomit; to vomit.
- To make an effort to raise, throw, or move anything; to strain to do something difficult.
- To rob; to steal from; to plunder.
- An effort to raise something, such as a weight or one's own body, or to move something heavy.
- An upward motion; a rising; a swell or distention, as of the breast in difficult breathing, of the waves, of the earth in an earthquake, etc.
- A horizontal dislocation in a metallic lode, taking place at an intersection with another lode.
- The measure of extent to which a nautical vessel goes up and down in a short period of time. Compare with pitch.
- Having great weight.
- Serious, somber.
- Not easy to bear; burdensome; oppressive.
- High, great.
- Louder, more distorted.
- Hot and humid.
- Doing the specified activity more intensely than most other people.
- High in fat or protein; difficult to digest.
- Of great force, power, or intensity; deep or intense.
- Laden to a great extent.
- Laden with that which is weighty; encumbered; burdened; bowed down, either with an actual burden, or with grief, pain, disappointment, etc.
- Slow; sluggish; inactive; or lifeless, dull, inanimate, stupid.
- Impeding motion; cloggy; clayey.
- Not raised or leavened.
- Having much body or strength; said of wines or spirits.
- With child; pregnant.
- A villain or bad guy; the one responsible for evil or aggressive acts.
- A doorman, bouncer or bodyguard.
- A large multi-engined aircraft.
- To make heavier.
- To sadden.
- To use power and/or wealth to exert influence on, e.g., governments or corporations; to pressure.
- Having the heaves.
- One who collects bees into a hive.
- Itchy, swollen, red areas of the skin which can appear quickly in response to an allergen or due to other conditions.
- A disease in cattle consisting of inflammation of the stomach by gas, usually caused by eating too much green food.
- An indigenous people of Oaxaca State, Mexico.
- Their language, which is a language isolate with several dialects.
- Overgrown with ivy or another climbing plant.
- name used in Ireland and Scotland.
- A vat or tub in which the mash is made; a mash tub.
- A bleaching vat; a kier.
- A large vat used in dressing ores.
- To set in a keeve, or tub, for fermentation.
- To heave; to tilt, as a cart.
- A strong cleat to which large ropes are belayed.
- A stonemason's hammer.
- A gazelle.
- A sturdy belaying pin for the heavier cables of a ship.
- name, a rare spelling variant of Kevin.
- A boy; especially, a boy servant.
- Any male servant; a menial.
- A tricky, deceitful fellow; a dishonest person; a rogue; a villain.
- A playing card marked with the figure of a servant or soldier; a jack.
- A red alga/seaweed, Porphyra umbilicalis (syn. Porphyra laciniata), eaten as a vegetable.
- Other seaweeds similar in appearance or use, especially:
- One who laves: a washer.
- Where one laves, a washroom, particularly a lavatorium, the washing area in a monastery.
- That which laves, particularly a washbasin.
- To have a consequence or remnant.
- To cause or allow (something) to remain as available; to refrain from taking (something) away; to stop short of consuming or otherwise depleting (something) entirely.
- To cause, to result in.
- To put; to place; to deposit; to deliver, with a sense of withdrawing oneself.
- To depart; to separate from.
- To let be or do without interference.
- To depart from; to end one's connection or affiliation with.
- To end one's membership in (a group); to terminate one's affiliation with (an organization); to stop participating in (a project).
- To depart; to go away from a certain place or state.
- To transfer something.
- To transfer possession of after death.
- To give (something) to someone; to deliver (something) to a repository; to deposit.
- To transfer responsibility or attention of (something) (to someone); to stop being concerned with.
- To remain (behind); to stay.
- To stop, desist from; to "leave off" (+ noun / gerund).
- The action of the batsman not attempting to play at the ball.
- The arrangement of balls in play that remains after a shot is made (which determines whether the next shooter — who may be either the same player, or an opponent — has good options, or only poor ones).
- Permission to be absent; time away from one's work.
- Farewell, departure.
- To give leave to; allow; permit; let; grant.
- To produce leaves or foliage.Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd ed.
- To raise; to levy.
- A trumpet call for rousing soldiers; a reveille.
- To cause to be more lively.
- plural simple present form of
- A baby's toy, blanket, or other object of affection
- name of mostly Irish usage.
- A bright purple synthetic dye.
- The colour of this dye; a pale purple or violet colour.
- Having a pale purple colour.
- Emotionally affected; touched.
- Someone who or something which moves.
- A dancer.
- A person employed to help people move from one residence to another.
- A recorded sequence of images displayed on a screen at a rate sufficiently fast to create the appearance of motion.
- A cinema.
- The indentation or bump remaining in the abdomen of mammals where the umbilical cord was attached before birth.
- The central part or point of anything; the middle.
- An eye on the underside of a carronade for securing it to a carriage.
- A kind of small turnip, a variety of
- A desert region in southern Israel
- Having nerve; bold; brazen.
- Feeling nervous, anxious or agitated.
- Strong; sinewy.
- jittery; having unwanted signal characteristics.
- At no time; on no occasion; in no circumstance.
- Not at any other time; not on any other occasion; not previously.
- Negative particle (used to negate verbs in the simple past tense; also used absolutely).
- a variant of Neville.
- name transferred from the surname.
- A general term referring to a number of different, usually benign, pigmented, raised or otherwise abnormal lesions of the skin.
- A surname of British origin.
- Shaped like an egg.
- Egg-shaped, with the broadest extremity near the base.
- Open and not secret nor concealed.
- The mast and acorns of the oak; the turn-out.
- Of, pertaining to, resembling, or being a sheep.
- Specifically, resembling a sheep in character; passive, of low intelligence and acquiescent.
- A sheep.
- Covered in pavement; having a hard surface, as of concrete or asphalt.
- Laid out or made, as intentions, desires, plans, etc.
- A flat stone used to pave a pathway, such as a walkway to one's home.
- One who paves; one who lays pavement.
- An annoyance or grievance.
- To annoy; vex.
- To quiver or tremble.
- A shaking; trembling.
- a snarl, complication
- To tangle; entangle; entwine confusedly, become snarled; thus to involve; perplex; confuse.
- To undo the intricacies of; to disentangle or clarify.
- To pull apart (especially cloth or a seam); unravel.
- In the APL language, to reshape (a variable) into a vector.
- To plunder, pillage, rob, pirate, or remove.
- To split, tear, break apart.
- A revalidated ticket.
- To vie with, or rival, in return.
- To exceed an adversary's wager in a card game.
- To make a retort; to bandy words.
- To shrivel, wrinkle (up).
- To cause to be wrinkled, to shrivel.
- A wrinkle; a rimple.
- A kind of dumpling made from egg and wheat flour, often eaten in soup.
- Torn apart.
- Broken into pieces; split asunder.
- Rescued from the consequences of sin.
- overgrown with rushes
- The mustard plant or its seed.
- An act of putting the ball or shuttlecock in play in various games.
- A portion of food or drink, a serving.
- To be a formal servant for (a god or deity); to worship in an official capacity.
- To be a servant for; to work for, to be employed by.
- To wait upon (someone) at table; to set food and drink in front of, to help (someone) to food, meals etc.
- To be a servant or worker; to perform the duties of a servant or employee; to render service.
- To set down (food or drink) on the table to be eaten; to bring (food, drink) to a person.
- To treat (someone) in a given manner.
- To be suitor to; to be the lover of.
- To be useful to; to meet the needs of.
- To have a given use or purpose; to function something or to do something.
- To usefully take the place of something else.
- To officially deliver (a legal notice, summons etc.).
- To make legal service upon (a person named in a writ, summons, etc.)
- To lead off with the first delivery over the net in tennis, volleyball, ping pong, badminton etc.
- To copulate with (of male animals); to cover.
- To be in military service.
- To work, to operate (a weapon).
- To work through (a given period of time in prison, a sentence).
- To wind spun yarn etc. tightly around (a rope or cable, etc.) so as to protect it from chafing or from the weather.
- To perform a public obligation.
- A servomechanism or servomotor.
- To control by means of a servocontrol
- A service station, being a place to buy petrol for cars etc., as well as various convenience items, with or without actual car service facilities.
- large freshwater mountain lake in Armenia
- formerly an island in the northwestern part of Lake Sevan in Armenia, which was transformed into a peninsula after the artificial draining during the Soviet era
- To make bald by using a tool such as a razor or pair of electric clippers to cut the hair close to the skin.
- To cut anything in this fashion.
- To remove hair from one's face by this means.
- To cut finely, as with slices of meat.
- To skim along or near the surface of; to pass close to, or touch lightly, in passing.
- To be hard and severe in a bargain with; to practice extortion on; to cheat.
- To buy (a note) at a discount greater than the legal rate of interest, or to deduct in discounting it more than the legal rate allows.
- An instance of shaving.
- A thin slice; a shaving.
- An exorbitant discount on a note.
- A premium paid for an extension of the time of delivery or payment, or for the right to vary a stock contract in any particular.
- A hand tool consisting of a sharp blade with a handle at each end; a spokeshave.
- To push, especially roughly or with force.
- To move off or along by an act of pushing, as with an oar or pole used in a boat; sometimes with off.
- To make an all-in bet.
- To pass (counterfeit money).
- A rough push.
- An all-in bet.
- To cut; split; separate.
- To cut or slice something off; separate by slicing.
- A slice or sliver; slip, chip.
- To sneak; skulk; proceed in a sly way; creep.
- One of a number of narrow strips of wood, or narrow iron plates, placed edge to edge to form the sides, covering, or lining of a vessel or structure; especially, one of the strips which form the sides of a cask, a pail, etc.
- One of the bars or rounds of a rack, rungs of a ladder, etc; one of the cylindrical bars of a lantern wheel
- A metrical portion; a stanza; a staff.
- The five horizontal and parallel lines on and between which musical notes are written or pointed; the staff.
- A staff or walking stick.
- A sign, symbol or sigil, including rune or rune-like characters, used in Icelandic magic.
- To break in the staves of; to break a hole in; to burst. Often with in.
- To push, as with a staff. With off.
- To delay by force or craft; to drive away. Often with off.
- To burst in pieces by striking against something.
- To walk or move rapidly.
- To suffer, or cause to be lost by breaking the cask.
- To furnish with staves or rundles.
- To render impervious or solid by driving with a calking iron.
- A stew.
- The floating dust in a flour mill caused by the operation of grinding.
- To be stifled or suffocated.
- To compress, to cram; to make close and hot; to render stifling.
- A heater, a closed apparatus to burn fuel for the warming of a room.
- A device for heating food, (UK) a cooker.
- A hothouse
- A house or room artificially warmed or heated.
- To heat or dry, as in a stove.
- To keep warm, in a house or room, by artificial heat.
- Charming, confident and elegant.
- Sweet talk.
- To copulate with (a woman).
- To cut a crop in a sweeping or rambling manner, hence to reap; cut for harvest.
- A kind of ochre used for marking sheep in some parts of England.
- To mark with tiver, as sheep.
- A conserve made of grapes.
- Of or pertaining to the uvea
- A device that controls the flow of a gas or fluid through a pipe.
- A device that admits fuel and air into the cylinder of an internal combustion engine, or one that allows combustion gases to exit.
- One or more membranous partitions, flaps, or folds, which permit the passage of the contents of a vessel or cavity in one direction, but stop or control the flow in the opposite direction
- A vacuum tube.
- One of the pieces into which certain fruits naturally separate when they dehisce.
- A small portion of certain anthers, which opens like a trapdoor to allow the pollen to escape, such as in the barberry.
- One of the pieces or divisions of bivalve or multivalve shells.
- One of the two similar portions of the shell of a diatom.
- To control (flow) by means of a valve.
- name transferred from the surname; of mostly American usage.
- Having a vane or vanes.
- The calcined ash of coarse seaweed, used for the manufacture of soda and iodine.
- The seaweed itself; fucus; wrack.
- Resembling veal.
- Of or pertaining to the Vedas
- Of or relating to the Sanskrit language of the Vedas
- A plucked stringed instrument used mostly in Carnatic Indian classical music.
- An American thrush ( common in the Northern United States and Canada.
- Having prominent veins.
- A city in North Dakota.
- A poison carried by an animal, usually injected into an enemy or prey by biting or stinging.
- Feeling or speech marked by spite or malice.
- To infect with venom; to envenom; to poison.
- Poisonous, poisoned; (figuratively) pernicious.
- A theater, auditorium, arena, or other area designated for sporting or entertainment events.
- A neighborhood or near place; the place or county in which anything is alleged to have happened; also, the place where an action is laid.
- A bout; a hit; a turn. See venew.
- Sport venue: a stadium or similar building in which a sporting competition is held.
- A Russian unit of length, equivalent to about 1.07 kilometres or about 2/3 of a mile.
- Any of several leguminous plants, of the genus Vicia, often grown as green manure and for their edible seeds.
- Any of several similar plants within the subfamily Faboideae.
- a town in Indiana, USA, and the county seat of Switzerland County.
- annoyed, irritated or distressed
- much debated, discussed or disputed
- One who vexes; one who annoys
- An extensive patch of subcutaneous extravasation of blood.
- vicious; corrupt
- Having strong views or opinions.
- Superficially attractive; showy.
- Having leaves like those of the vine; ornamented with vine leaves.
- moldiness, mould
- To become musty or mouldy.
- An early electronic device for synthesizing speech by imitating the effects of the human vocal tract.
- Proud; conceited; vain.
- Happy; pleased or well-disposed.
- Sound uttered by the mouth, especially by human beings in speech or song; sound thus uttered considered as possessing some special quality or character
- Sound made through vibration of the vocal cords; sonant, or intonated, utterance; tone; — distinguished from mere breath sound as heard in whispering and voiceless consonants.
- The tone or sound emitted by an object
- The faculty or power of utterance
- Language; words; speech; expression; signification of feeling or opinion
- Opinion or choice expressed; judgment
- Command; precept.
- One who speaks; a speaker.
- A particular way of inflecting or conjugating verbs, or a particular form of a verb, by means of which is indicated the relation of the subject of the verb to the action which the verb expresses.
- In harmony, an independent vocal or instrumental part in a piece of composition.
- A flag associated with a user on a channel, determining whether or not they can send messages to the channel.
- To give utterance or expression to; to utter; to publish; to announce
- To utter audibly.
- To fit for producing the proper sounds; to regulate the tone of
- To vote; to elect; to appoint
- To clamor; to cry out
- To assign the voice flag to a user on IRC, permitting them to send messages to the channel.
- To act as a voice actor to portray a character.
- A shutter on a window.
- The wing of a triptych.
- Undertaken in accordance with a vow; solemnly promised.
- A sound produced by the vocal cords with relatively little restriction of the oral cavity, forming the prominent sound of a syllable.
- A letter representing the sound of vowel; in English, the vowels are a, e, i, o and u, and sometimes y.
- To outlaw (someone).
- To abandon, give up (someone or something).
- To relinquish (a right etc.); to give up claim to; to forego.
- To put aside, avoid.
- To move from side to side; to sway.
- To stray, wander.
- A woman put out of the protection of the law; an outlawed woman.
- A waif; a castaway.
- To sway back and forth; to totter or reel.
- To flicker, glimmer, quiver, as a weak light.
- To fluctuate or vary, as commodity prices or a poorly sustained musical pitch.
- To shake or tremble, as the hands or voice.
- To falter; become unsteady; begin to fail or give way.
- To be indecisive between choices; to feel or show doubt or indecision; to vacillate.
- An act of wavering, vacillating, etc.
- Someone who waves, enjoys waving, etc.
- Someone who specializes in waving (hair treatment).
- A tool that accomplishes hair waving.
- A sapling left standing in a fallen wood.
- The snow goose (Chen caerulescens)
- To form something by passing lengths or strands of material over and under one another.
- To spin a cocoon or a web.
- To unite by close connection or intermixture.
- To compose creatively and intricately; to fabricate.
- A type or way of weaving.
- Human or artificial hair worn to alter one's appearance, either to supplement or to cover the natural hair.
- To move by turning and twisting.
- To make (a path or way) by winding in and out or from side to side.
- To behave like a wolf.
- Of an organ, to make a hollow whining sound like that of a wolf.
- To move or conduct to or toward.
- To transport something by advection
- To accede or to come to; to be superadded to, to be added to something or become a part of it, though inessential.
- An advertisement, an ad.
- To turn attention.
- To call attention, refer; construed with to.
- An opinion recommended or offered, as worthy to be followed; counsel.
- Deliberate consideration; knowledge.
- Information or news given; intelligence;
- In commercial language, information communicated by letter; used chiefly in reference to drafts or bills of exchange
- Counseling to perform a specific illegal act.
- In aspect-oriented programming, the code whose execution is triggered when a join point is reached.
- To give advice to; to offer an opinion, as worthy or expedient to be followed.
- To give information or notice to; to inform or counsel; — with before the thing communicated.
- To consider, to deliberate.
- To look at, watch; to see.
- To summon or call (to a higher tribunal).
- The channel of a river.
- A silicate of hafnium, thorium and zirconium
- To put to sleep.
- To stupefy.
- An officer of the king's stables whose duty it was to provide oats for the horses.
- A vengeance; a revenge.
- To take vengeance (for); to exact satisfaction for by punishing the injuring party; to vindicate by inflicting pain or evil on a wrongdoer.
- To take vengeance.
- To treat revengefully; to wreak vengeance on.
- A prolamine that is the minor protein of oats.
- A broad street, especially one bordered by trees.
- A way or opening for entrance into a place; a passage by which a place may be reached; a way of approach or of exit.
- The principal walk or approach to a house which is withdrawn from the road, especially, such approach bordered on each side by trees; any broad passageway thus bordered.
- A method or means by which something may be accomplished.
- Having a repugnance or opposition of mind.
- Turned away or backward.
- Lying on the opposite side (to or from).
- To turn away.
- The sacred texts of Zoroastrianism, composed in the Avestan language.
- Avestan language.
- To operate an aircraft.
- Any of four species of wading birds in the genus Recurvirostra, of the family Recurvirostridae, with long, slender recurved bills, long legs, and webbed feet.
- A grallatorial bird, of the genus Recurvirostra; the scooper. The bill is long and bend upward toward the tip.
- openly acknowledged
- positively stated
- asserted under oath, or vow
- A chief magistrate of a free imperial city or canton of Switzerland.
- To tear off forcibly.
- An aquatic rodent of the genus Castor, having a wide, flat tail and webbed feet.
- A hat, of various shape, made from a felted beaver fur (or later of silk), fashionable in Europe between 1550 and 1850.
- The pubic hair and/or vulva of a woman.
- The fur of the beaver.
- Beaver cloth, a heavy felted woollen cloth, used chiefly for making overcoats.
- A brown colour, like that of a beaver.
- a man who wears a beard
- of: cows, bulls, or steers.
- To conduct (oneself) well, or in a given way.
- To act, conduct oneself in a specific manner; definition
- To conduct, manage, regulate (something).
- To act in a polite or proper way.
- To remain, stay.
- Quickly, forthwith.
- Soon, presently, before long; by and by; anon
- To please.
- To be pleased with; like.
- To love.
- To cover or furnish with a veil.
- A vane that is doubly jointed so as to indicate both horizontal and vertical components of a fluid's flow
- Of or pertaining to cattle.
- Belonging to the family, subfamily, tribe, or genera including cows, buffalo, and bison.
- Sluggish, dull, slow-witted.
- An animal of the family, subfamily, tribe, or genera including cattle, buffaloes and bison.
- Violence, especially that associated with youth gangs.
- A cow that produces young.
- To cut into slices and pickle.
- To crimp.
- To bear, or be susceptible of, being calvered.
- Of an object, made by carving.
- a small lateen-rigged Mediterranean vessel with two masts, used to carry cargo
- the sea blubber
- Made by carving, especially when intricately or artistically done.
- a warning
- a qualification or exemption
- a notice requesting a postponement of a court proceeding
- a formal notice of interest in land, under a Torrens land-title system
- To qualify a particular statement with a proviso or caveat
- To lodge a formal notice of interest in land, under a Torrens land-title system
- To issue a notice requesting that proceedings be suspended
- To warn or caution against some event
- A large cave.
- An underground chamber.
- Any animal (such as the deer) of the family Cervidae.
- A friend or comrade; a member of a chevra.
Possible word length